WeTravel Logo

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

fareharbor
softrip

We are so happy to have made the switch this year to the platform. I love the reminders for payments to participants that are seamless and the ease of communicating with each group at one time.
Best of all, the customer service team is very competent and even cheerful. The company is always improving and adding new features to make it better.
I like the ease of use of the software, but what I appreciate most is the customer service. Not only are my questions answered promptly, they are always solution focused and friendly.
Again, this occurred in the middle of active bookings which has been both incredibly damaging to our reputation, our client's brand and created a very unprofessional situation for all concerned.
Our experience was horrible, forced to pay for all of this out of pocket and they have the nerve to be sending our attendees emails for reviews.

Patrick A.

Why we love WeTravel

My clients are paying me quicker, and it enables them to spread cost which make their decision to purchase easier.

Pros

The simplicity of use is one of the main reasons why this product has been so successful. It is easy to learn and use, and does not require any special technical knowledge. The straightforward design makes it accessible to everyone, from beginners to more experienced users. This is especially true of the mobile version, which makes it even easier for everyone to use on the go.

Cons

Cannot delete all images in one go when a trip is copied. Can't file different trips into groups.

TT

Tara T.

Easy to use platform

Since we made the switch to WeTravel, we have saved time with our initial trip setup, as well as the day to day management of trips. Getting time back so that you can spend it on other things is a huge win. As I have learned to utilize all that the software has to offer, everyone I have talked to/worked with has been incredibly helpful.

Pros

WeTravel is incredibly intuitive to use and the customer service is amazing! Our dedicated agent [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is fantastic and keeps me informed about new features as they are added, so that I am getting the most use out of the platform. The ability to either customize an trip or work off of a "stock template" has been great. There are so many great features that are offered, I simply can't list them all! So getting an easy to use platform (for both us and our customers) with an amazing amount of tools to work with has been a game-changer for our company.

Cons

As of now, I don't know as though I have anything I don't like about the software!

JM

Joe M.

Fine Art, 11-50 employees

Optimistic and still hopeful

The ability for us to make individual payment options available to our groups is wonderful. The ability to modify and upsell our customers and adjust within WeTravel is NOT good, which limits our ability to drive more business our and your way. Our number one complaint from our customers at this point is the frustration with our payment system. They are told they are paid in full, then add something and cant make payments any longer. They to issue a refund is a nightmare. We have donors who send payments, so occasionally we will get an over payment, which then messes up all accounting features. Your system is seriously lacking in this area.

Pros

The ability for our office and the customers to access and use the information is great.

Cons

The limitations and ability to meet the needs or customers are lacking substantially within our market, and they could easily be modified to create a solid customer experience, however they are not there yet and your limitations of accessing people to respond in a timely manner are not good. When you're dealing with peoples money, you need to have quick response times. Online support and an excuse of 'We don't have telephones to talk to you' is a terrible response. Planning ahead when we are working together is fine, but when there are problems, waiting isn't good for customer relations.

VO

Victor O.

Sports, 1-10 employees

WeTravel Review

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to get payed. Easy for the customer to buy travel packages.

Cons

No multilingual function is available, so you have to create packages in different languages if needed.

JW

Janelle W.

Best Thing Ever!

I love the payment processing and Itinerary builder. My clients can view the trip, download a brochure and pay all in one place. They send automatic reminders so now I don't have to remember to email clients about payment reminders. They even capture new leads! I love it!

Pros

This is definitely an all-in-one for me! I was able to eliminate a few other applications that I was using and paying for. I have everything in one app!

Cons

No issues with the software so far.

ts

tara s.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

A great platform

Very good!!

Pros

I love the ease of use. [sensitive content hidden] is my account manager and he always checks in on me as well as listens to my concerns. The company has evolved in the years we have used them and they get better each year.

Cons

I want my user testimonials to be be searchable in search engine like google. Right now they sit on the WeTravel platform only.

JO

Jacqueline O.

Fantastic platform

Pros

The ease of use and integration of our client management is more streamlined. I also love that the developers are constantly making fantastic changes to the features and listen to my advice and questions about what will help us do our jobs better. We appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT] customer service and check-in's. Having a designated customer service representative really puts the mind at ease.

Cons

There have been glitches with the growing pains along the way but as I mentioned, the developers are constantly working on making the platform work even better.

JL

Jamie L.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

Excellent service, free version is great!

Great, [sensitive content hidden] my accountmanager is very helpful. It's free to use (only 2.9% card charge) and has really made my life a lot easier. Also the credit card that takes money straight from my account is amazing!

Pros

It makes booking tours and taking payments so much faster, I just send a link and the client chooses the dates and pays

Cons

Lack of calendar management. With fareharbor and peek onces a tour is booked you can see it on a calendar and easy change dates if the client needs to move

CP

Christie P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Grateful for WeTravel

I can say for certain that my income has increased due to the ease of implementing WeTravel.

Pros

I am a small business, and WeTravel has made everything easier and more organized for me. Folks can simply register for my events online, and I can keep track of everyone with ease. WeTravel's customer support has always been able to solve any minor issue that I have had.

Cons

I can't think of any cons to write about - everything has worked well for me!

Susan P.

WeTravel Invoice/Payment processing

I'm comfortable using despite the report features challenge

Pros

Ease of setting up invoices; amending original cost or payment plans

Cons

Re-issue of an invoice to client; report showing invoices per trip due or past due based on date range selection as this helps with releasing reminders

RM

Rebecca M.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Great service

Pros

Very easy to use. Oriented toward our industry. Good customer support.

Cons

None. There are small issues here and there, but other than that, all good!

LL

Lisa L.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Simplicity meets robust

My experience with WeTravel has been phenomenal. Not only is the software really functional and glitch-free, the PEOPLE behind WeTravel care about customers. The customer service is EXCELLENT--some of the very best I've seen across all customer service I've ever used.

Pros

It is EASY to set up tours with a professional look, feel, and customer experience.

Cons

I look forward to seeing CRM options as well as improved reporting capabilities.

BH

Ben H.

An Occasional Travel Experience

Pros

My wife and I gathered a group of friends, and some brought their friends, for a trip to Europe in July 2020. Of course, the trip had to be cancelled due to the corona virus. This was a personal effort, not conncected with a business or industry. We set up our trip with our travel agency, and then we used WeTravel to recruit our travel companions and manage the financial components. The program...

Cons

We shared this suggestion with the administrators of the WeTravel site. We would like to have a print-friendly option within the program, so that we could print a travel itinerary to hand out or send through the mail to friends. Much beyond that oprtion -- and we would be willing to pay extra for this -- how about a trip publisher component so that we could download information and create a day by day travel description booklet for each traveler? Like least about this software? Nothing that comes to mind.

AG

Angela G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

One of the best payment systems for travel organizers!

Already over 40 bookings with WeTravel and totally satisfied with the system. For small travel business owners it's a life saver.

Pros

One the hardest things in the travel industry is to end up with the online payment provider you will use to accept bookings and get payed online. Usely commission rates are high and you need to integrate the payment system with your booking system. With WeTravel this is solved very easily! You create your booking page with all trip details and information, including daily itinerary and custom fields...

Cons

I have to admit that the one thing I don't like about this is that it is branded and the booking page has a big WeTravel logo on it. Could confuse customers when they see it assuming that this is your brand name or even think they have opened a wrong link. Haven't had trouble till now but still this is something I'm not really fond of. I'd prefer to have my own company name and logo and WeTravel have a small "powered by WeTravel" mentioning on the bottom of the page. Although you can write trip details and descriptions in your own language the basic titles and sections can only be in English. Pretty OK with it but would like to have the option to totally translate the booking page.

MG

Marcelo G.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Over 5 years with We Travel

We have been able to collect payments from our clients easily proving a solution to this part of our business, all this thanks to We-Travel.

Pros

The integration process and support was indeed very good and easy to follow, the platform works very well and while we started using it only as a payment processing platform, we now use several features that make our tracking and day to day activities easier. Whenever we need assistance, we get support very fast, our account manager [sensitive content hidden] is always available to guide us through the platform features and provide any information we might need.

Cons

Integration was easy, and support is very good, there might be a slight glitch around every now and then, but overall the platform is excellent.

GF

Glenn F.

Education Management, self-employed

Been using it for years.

The customer service is good, they respond to inquiries in a reasonable time and are very helpful.

Pros

It's easy for customers to book their trip, make payments, see the itinerary, etc...

Cons

When they first started there were some limitations, for example families couldn't book for more than one price package at a time which caused confusion. But, every year they are making improvements and adding so much. Now customers can easily book many different options and packages.

AG

Avis G.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

We Travel is a good option

Pros

What I like most about WeTravel is being able to collect payments.

Cons

What I like lease about WeTravel is it's not designed for large cruise groups of 100 or more

EC

Ellen C.

We Travel Has Potential For Me

It has been pretty good thanks to the support of [sensitive content hidden].I am actually pretty excited to notice how much have learned in the last year.

Pros

My very kind and helpful customer service support person, [sensitive content hidden]

Cons

As mentioned before, the difficulty in interpreting payments when they arrive to my bank account, when more than one transaction is lumped together.Also, the slowness of receiving payments from Bank transfers.My clients are often confused when they see WeTravel branding instead of Excursions from the Square

VF

Valérie F.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

THE online payment processing and booking platform for tour operators

We use WeTravel since its beginnings for payment processing and online bookings. The lower cost of credit card payments has led to an increase in sales. The sales and booking process has also become faster.There are always new and helpful features, which is an important plus for a tech company.

Pros

Easy to use for us as a company and our clients. They can now safely book our tours online with a few clicks.WeTravel is always developing new features and does a lot for the tourism community, thanks to their webinars and learning platform. They understand the tourism sector's needs and stay ahead of the game.Excellent costumer service.

Cons

I hope WeTravel will expand further, many of our business partners still don't use it.

KK

Kara K.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Incredible Team to work with - tons of support and constantly evolving and improving

I've been working with WeTravel for almost four years now and the setup was incredibly easy and we were able to easily integrate it into our processes. From four years ago so many new features have been added, including ones that we had asked for - they were able to get them implemented. For any group tour operator - WeTravel is a no-brainer.

Pros

Payment Processing is a breeze as well as all of the customer information tools.

Cons

At the beginning there were some features we wanted that they didn't have - but they quickly added them and we are very happy with the product we use today.

BM

Bella M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Stay Away if you’re an Australian Company

I wish I had never touched it.

Pros

None of the features matter because this company fundamentally should not be operating in Australia

Cons

1. You get great service during sales cycle but enjoy watching it drop off as soon as you’re in. You’re relegated to a chat window that gets looked at once every 24h2. The company hides the fact that all AUD payments go via Europe and incur international fees from your bank as high as 6%. This applies to both customer payments AND transferring your earnings back to your company accounts. 3. The same gateway provider is some sketchy company that triggers all kinds of fraud warnings.

PM

Pablo M.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

WeTravel Review

Very good, the only thing is when the page crashes, this happens from time to time, not often but when it does it is very annoying.

Pros

I like the fact that we can present itineraries that are both user friendly for customers and for designing tours, also paying methods and being able to share user and admon with other partners

Cons

Sometimes it crashes when we are working not saving any advances, this is very draining.

DR

Daniel R.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Fantastic Payment platform for travel agency

Thanks to WeTravel, we finally manage to offer our customers a safe and easy to use platform to make the online payments for their trips

Pros

The range or options and features it has and its user interface. It makes the entire payment process smooth and easy for our customers

Cons

At he beginning their reporting was a bit confusing but since the latest update that has improve tremendously.

KC

Katie C.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

The answer to the question we didn't think to ask

We first started using WeTravel in January of 2020 when we had high hopes for a big year of travel. We were not able to really start using the platform until 2021 when we began to do some domestic trips. We were not looking for an online booking platform but it has since altered our work processes, streamlining work that we used to have to do in many other forms. And it allows us to continue to work with snail mail and check payments that some of our older clients prefer. WeTravel is a wonderful platform and we cannot wait to see where they go next!

Pros

WeTravel is my dream platform. The ease of use, the development and implementation of new features, the webinars and documentation and resources. Our account manager [sensitive content hidden] is always keeping us informed of new features and reviewing our use of the platform and answering our questions.

Cons

We have been able to watch this platform grow and evolve and any suggested changes we may have get passed on to the team for possible development. I can't say a single "con"

AO

Azma O.

Well Rounded one stop platform

It's been very easy to use and has allowed us to manage and scale our business very efficiently. We also love that we have a dedicated [sensitive content hidden] to keep us to date with all updates.

Pros

Easy to use, has the capabilities of everything you need to run a travel business

Cons

A feature that can be improved is to move attendees from one trip to another