Bullhorn Reviews

4.1/5 (755 reviews)

Jeffrey Adams

Evaluation of Bullhorn Recruiting Software for Use by a Smaller Retained Executive Search Firm

Reviewed 2016-12-09
Review Source: Software Advice

I had a personal, on screen demonstration of this product by a rep on Mon Nov 21, 2016 starting at about 11:00 AM PST. Using Citrix I looked at a custom screen demonstration while Adam Cuomo and I spoke by phone. (My rep and I were the only 2 people involved in this presentation.) At the beginning I explained how a small partnership or “solo” retained executive recruiter operates. Although it should be noted that I started my search career working for a larger recruiting firm. And that I am generally familiar how large and small recruiting firms in California and the U.S. function internally. And later I remembered that I had actually evaluated at least two different recruiting software packages in the past. During the on-screen evaluation Mr. Cuomo gave me enough feedback and comments to indicate that he had a really competent understanding of this niche or the overall recruiting business. The Bullhorn software appears to function beautifully. The Bullhorn software or system catalogs candidate profiles, open search projects, communication with candidates and clients, interview schedules, status and feedback reports, etc. And it apparently can accomplish a “housekeeping” function that I didn’t expect. That is, one component of Bullhorn is that it can apparently import a “resume” submitted by email or scanned into a system. And then catalog that candidate profile into the recruiter’s database of contacts. Where there are multiple recruiting consultants working for the same firm --- it helps to insure that everyone “is on the same” as to contacts with all candidates and client organizations. The cost for a small one-user firm like mine was estimated at monthly. The user’s database is kept in Bullhorn’s cloud storage. For my method of executive search Bullhorn is not necessary. All of my recruiting history is in my head or “searchable” by a key word on my Mac’s hard drive. And that recall can be enhanced by a standard Google-search on the web or access to any private database that I might have access to. It would, however, be a consideration if I ever added a partner to the business. As it stands, however, it provides more structure that most small firms probably need. But there was one aspect or component of the Bullhorn offering that could be immediately useful to a small search practice like mine. And that is the ability to neatly and efficiently input resumes that come to me in differing formats into my own structured database of contacts and potential candidates. I don’t have time to personally do this. And it’s often difficult to find and schedule in a support person who can effectively do this with my personal email records and the file notes from my searches. And there is always a concern with confidentiality when outside staff is engaged. It appears to really function beautifully. And it's a fit with a retained executive search organization's needs. And it appears to be reasonably priced.

Tim Schulte

Bullhorn Review December 2016

Reviewed 2016-12-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used Bullhorn since 2007 in two different companies. In the first instance, I helped integrate Bullhorn into the company and found Bullhorn support extremely helpful in migrating our data from our old system into Bullhorn. The process went smoothly and our deadlines were met; I still remember this after all these years. I continue to use Bullhorn in my current company and find it an extremely effective tool.Bullhorn Technical Support is simply amazing. I am in awe of their customer service and their knowledge of the system. Customer Service for me means that I'm not put on hold for an inordinate length of time nor am I forced to leave a message after negotiating with a voicemail system that requires me to struggle with too many options. I greatly appreciate Bullhorn Technical Support's sending me a follow up email to any issue I may have had; these emails help me to remember the issue and how it was resolved. Lastly, I realize that Bullhorn has many partners in its Marketplace but I do not receive solicitation calls from them; this is very important to me, as I receive many such calls from other vendors and it is a burden to say the least.

Paul Sabatino

Grab the Bull by the horn with Bullhorn

Reviewed 2016-10-14
Review Source: Software Advice

How to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside out, I look to Bullhorn as my guiding light. Bullhorn’s streamlined workflow and added functionality from The Bullhorn Marketplace has us covered from front-office to back. Over the past 3 years we've transitioned with ease from a relatively paper based process to a software based solution; we've been able to simplify our time and expense process through the web, broadcast opportunity via Bullhorn Reach and quickly view our open opportunity at the click of a button. Bullhorn truly is our Heads-Up Display as we manage the agency side of full-life cycle recruiting.Bullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call. Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et al. As an Administrator for our organization; I've found that most functionality can be achieved with no additional cost or custom development. Resume Parsing and Document Management; Adding new Candidate records is as simple as drag and drop, the parsing engine updates standard fields and documents (references, work samples, background checks, offer letters, etc.) can be managed and saved within a contact's record.

Anonymous

Good but not perfect

Reviewed 2016-05-18

We have been using Bullhorn since the start of Bullhorn. The software does what we need it to - most of the time. There are many options to partner with different companies that work seamlessly with Bullhorn. We are always looking for the latest and greatest to make our jobs easier so we always hope for more options where this is concerned so we can tie as much as possible right into our Bullhorn processes. They have made a lot of improvements and additions to Bullhorn in the past year, but not all things work the way a regular user may think. The way to pull lists now, is not the same as it used to be. For example. If you are trying to generate a list of client contacts based on recent placements, there is no real easy way to do this now (like you used to be able to do). You either have to go in each placement one by one and add the client contact to a distribution list or do a million steps which sometimes does not work. Pulling this list used to be very easy and now you can no longer do this the way you used to be able to. Some processes are not as user friendly to figure out so we always hope Bullhorn is making adjustments - getting into the mind of the users and how they might think to do things, rather than a multi step process that takes calling Bullhorn directly to figure out. We recently started using the NPS to survey our clients. We have used other products in the past to generate this same gauge for customer satisfaction, and there definitely can be more improvements to this to make it better. We would love to see a better way to add clients to the survey based on placements without having to open each placement one by one and going into the client contact to add them to the survey. Same as most issues. We want to pull client lists quite often based on the placements we make and there seems to be no quick, clear and direct way to do this. We have had some issues with seamless functions with more advanced things - i.e. In building out an on boarding/application portal WITH the Bullhorn developers, we have experienced a lot of issues when people are trying to apply to our jobs. trying to get things worked on can take a VERY long time for these more advanced fixes. If it is just a general fix in the system, the response time is usually very good. It does what any staffing firms needs. good selection of programs that can be integrated (but you can never have too many options!)

Bullhorn for your Daily Use- Staffing Recruiters Best Friend

Reviewed 2016-08-18

Bullhorn is both our ATS and CRM. We utilize the tool on a daily basis for Activity Tracking, Reporting, Job Order Management and Candidate Search. The tool has helped bring everyone to a common platform with a common process. This has helped us maintain better performance metrics, overall reporting and candidate engagement.Bullhorn is a great tool that is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The time to get a recruiter or an account manager up to speed on the basics of Bullhorn is relatively simple. Getting people to use all the power of Bullhorn is where consistent reminders and training is needed. The tool is great for tracking anything and allows you to forget because you can set reminders to follow up on items, track past emails, etc. The tool really will change how you recruit.

Juli Uhse

Bullhorn for Staffing Agencies

Reviewed 2017-01-31
Review Source: Software Advice

I generally like using Bullhorn and its functionality. Once you figured out how to use it, it's practical and quick. We are a staffing agency with 20 producers and it's fairly easy to customize for Recruiting and Sales. Staying on top of data accuracy and documentation is an issue because a lot of functions have to be done manually. An automation of some kind would be helpful and I can't imagine using Bullhorn efficiently for a larger organization. - Easy to use for a small operation such as ours - Great customer service - Regular updates to the software

Brian Emery

Excellent ATS System

Reviewed 2017-03-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Bullhorn is an excellent ATS system for recruiters, allowing for tracking of candidates and requirements through the entire hiring cycle. Bullhorn even allows for the ease of Resource Management with the ability to keep track of when projects are scheduled to end. The User Interface is very user friendly and intuitive. Configuring Bullhorn for the look and feel I want is also very simple. The functionality to be able to track emails to and from both candidates and hiring managers is a fantastic tool which helps in looking at history, both for future hires from hiring managers as well as to see interactions with candidates and employees in the past.Excellent user interface with the ability to have various tabs on candidates so that different parts of the organization can see what they need. Tracking of emails with both Candidates/Employees as well as Hiring Managers/Client Contacts History is kept of progress through each job Candidates can be in the process for several jobs at once Search is very easy to find candidates in the database that match the job. It is also very simple to search for past jobs that may be similar to see candidates that had previously been successful.

Mark Abrams

Why we chose Bullhorn over the company choice

Reviewed 2015-11-19
Review Source: Software Advice

We were encouraged to use a different ATS and chose to pay a little MORE for Bullhorn S for a few reasons: 1. Email is the primary form of communication for many conversations and the ability to be in the database while in Outlook was the number one reason for choosing Bullhorn S 2. Having the ability to create a workflow that matched our needs was a must. We do both direct hire and high volume contracting. We a process that works for both income streams 3. Customer Service - we almost didn't go with Bullhorn because of "rumors" about customer service support. We took the chance and are thrilled that we did. The customer service team usually picks up in a few rings. Even if the first level tech doesn't have the solution, they will get the issue resolved almost always on the first call 4. Set up went very well. The implementation team helped us to configure Outlook and Microsoft Office 365

Wendy Kennah

Bullhorn helps to bring standardization and simplicity to the recruitment process

Reviewed 2017-10-02
Review Source: Software Advice

Bullhorn becomes part of the fabric of your organization and definitely not something that you could live without.Bullhorn helps to streamline the recruitment process by allowing your jobs, candidates and placements to all be in one place at your fingertips. You can create a simplified workflow on each entity so you can see what has been done, what stage the record is at and helps to keep your process on track. The reporting is easy to use and allows for follow up with your team members. The list views are very easy to train and once you understand one, you can navigate easily through the system. Training becomes easy because the tool has a standardized look and feel.

Anonymous

Powerful tool, mid level complexity

Reviewed 2017-05-01

- Great enterprise implementation team - Intuitive layout - Useful data integrity features (ie. any field can be made mandatory) - Automatic Email inclusion - Good support (within local AU support scope, US support has been underwhelming) - SalesDuel

Venugopal Sivan

Connect to Bullhorn and Get to the next level of CRM

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-08-20

It is one of the best CRM I have ever seen in my life. In today’s Business-to-Business (B2B), the communication isn’t limited to 1 on 1 conversation, it is now converted from one team to another team. So we are unable to record all the conversation, that’s why a concept had been aroused in form of Bullhorn so that we are able to record all the important information during conversations. It is very easy to use and is very efficient in its working. Variety of functions can be found here, mainly for searching and sorting information and for reporting data as well. The reason why I said it be one of the best it is just because it offers best customer service in the industry as well as get updates in every month. Here, you can post jobs easily and can set reminders. Lots of customization is also available here.

Heather Dykes

Bullhorn Delivers on Agency Recruiting and CRM

Reviewed 2017-01-23
Review Source: Software Advice

I reviewed a total of 6 systems before deciding on Bullhorn. All of them needed to be able to support CRM functionality since we are a small IT recruiting agency. A selected a total of 3 programs after going through demos. I received trial accounts on all 3 systems and Bullhorn was definitely the best equipped to handle our needs for both an ATS and CRM with many options to customize.Love that it is fully customizable. You can edit field names, edit candidate workflows and disposition status, just about anything you need. I built an industry list and more, custom-tailored to our unique needs. Also, their *customer support* is available through many avenues and are VERY responsive.

Alissa Gruetter

Bullhorn Review

Reviewed 2017-03-01
Review Source: Software Advice

I do not use Bullhorn too much but am a big user of Bullhorn Back Office. I am logged in everyday and have utilized almost every functionality available. My biggest issue with this system is the small quirks and glitches. We recently had an issue with employees creating a copy of their timesheet and using PTO that caused the time to not calculate correctly. There was no solution or correction at the time. This is the perfect example of a weird glitch in the system that can be troublesome. Other than those small things, I am very happy with the functionality of Back Office specifically. The ease of use for one system to hold our timesheets, payables, commissions and invoicing makes my job a lot easier as the Accountant and Payroll Manager. As noted above in my review, the biggest pro is the ability of the system to hold multiple functionalities for our company.

Brian Geller

The best recruiting ATS/CRM I have experienced!

Reviewed 2017-08-15
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend. It is on the cutting edge of recruiting, and is a must-have for people looking to take their organization's talent acquisition efforts to the next level.Bullhorn is very intuitive, and I love that it passively tracks email conversations through email formats like Microsoft Outlook. It has powerful reporting capabilities, and makes sourcing passive talent much easier than with a traditional ATS product. It is reliable, has a nice, modern user interface, and is great for when there are multiple recruiters or teams working on the same projects. There are nice branding and marketing options available as well.

Brandon Simmons

Bullhorn is the top system in the industry!

Reviewed 2018-06-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Bullhorn is an excellent open source system that allows us to effectively engage our Candidates and Clients and driv revenue across our multiple business lines. They understand who they are and what they are great at and bring partners alongside to provide the industry leading tech that they do not have embedded in their tool. the support has also greatly improved in our 4 years where our questions and issues are answered within a day at the most. and, our rep is the best. She is so engaged with us and provides updates and keeps us where we want to be, on the leading edge.

Richard Knight

Comprehensive Design

Reviewed 2016-11-01

Bullhorn provides a complete servicing platform for all stages of candidate recruiting. We are able to manage our client and candidate contact lists, our jobs, payroll, onboarding, and more. Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws. With recent mergers, our company has experienced exponential growth during 2016. With that growth comes the challenge of integrating client and sales data, as well as candidate data. With Bullhorn, the integration was seamless. All of the data was easily uploaded into our established Bullhorn database and we experienced no downtime.The integration. We are able to integrate third-party software into our platform which allows us to work from one tool. We save time and money as a result.

Corene Ross

Bullhorn does a good job

Reviewed 2017-04-25
Review Source: Software Advice

The price is high for a mom and pop like us. There is a local company called Loxo that is much less and offers similar features. Auto parsing from e-mails is convenient, tearsheets, searching functions are good. Features for recording placements and managing commissions is great.

Bullhorn- Ease of Use

Reviewed 2016-11-01

We have been on the Bullhorn Platform for over 6 years and has become the hub of all our Recruitment and Sales interactions. The tool is easy to use, easy to update and the user friendly design makes it easy to get a new user up to speed quickly. The online training and resource centre makes finding information simple. We use this for all aspects from Lead Generation through to Offer/Placement.Ease of Use Ease of Implementation Easy to get a new user up to speed Great support

Rebecca Sweet

Bullhorn's Features Stand Out Among Other Options

Reviewed 2017-01-25
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been using Bullhorn for almost one year and am overall very pleased with the features and functionality of this software. I have changed roles at my company, from a recruiter position to a sales role, and have found that both interfaces are easy to use and easy for new members to learn quickly. We rely on Bullhorn very heavily at my company for data integrity and compliance, and rarely have any issues with it. In my role as an account manager/sales position at a recruiting company, I am responsible for setting up many in-person meetings with our clients. Bullhorn is capable of sending meeting/calendar invites to clients through the software, which makes it easy to run reports on my activity levels. I rely heavily on the "tasks" feature within Bullhorn to send me reminders and have found that I reference my notes within the tool very often as time goes by and I have trouble remembering little details about my clients.

Shawn Claus

Easy to Use ATS with Excellent Up-Time and a Healthy Customizability

Reviewed 2016-05-21

Like any product, it's important to understand your needs. Bullhorn isn't a perfect fit for every company, but for our Enterprise account of 100+ users, it's served rather well for over 6 years. I cannot speak about the conversion as I joined just about a year after. Over the past 5 years, the product has matured greatly. Up-time has improved immensely to the point the service is almost never down. Due to complex business needs, our product has been heavily customized internally and with the aid of Bullhorn's support -- for a fee of course. Managing the customization process is reasonable and within expectations, but you need to test the end-products thoroughly. It's been rare that Bullhorn wasn't able to accommodate a request, though the project timelines have grown over time. Bullhorn offers API access to further customize your functionality; something we've used to a huge extent. A third-party marketplace offers many additional features and add-ins typically with varying cost structures. We've used a few successfully and most have been valuable, others have not. Bullhorn used to come with a flexible custom reporting engine, but that is gone and the canned reports currently leave a little to be desired. User support has historically been excellent, though lately response time to non-urgent issues have slipped to several days. Overall, support tickets take a little longer to get resolved than before. Seems to be more bureaucracy that wasn't there before, though the staff we've worked with have always been friendly genuinely concerned with providing a resolution. Managing user access levels are simplified by Bullhorn managed roles. Changes beyond the core roles need to go through support, which generally hasn't been a problem for us. The application is very simple to use and even our most technologically challenged users pick it up quickly. Overall, Bullhorn offers a reasonably flexible product, with many features, simple administration and an easy interface. If your business isn't very complex, and you'd rather focus on the day-to-day operations, Bullhorn may be a solution for you.

Kristyn Harris

Bullhorn for the Win!

Reviewed 2016-10-31
Review Source: Software Advice

As a Technical Recruiter in the IT staffing industry you quickly learn the importance of leveraging efficient technologies that add immediate value to your business objectives. A Full Life Cycle Recruiter manages the entire recruitment process, initiating it by posting a job, procuring and screening candidate resumes, interviewing candidates, and extending formal offers of employment. I can confidently say that Bullhorn helps me meet my objectives from start to finish. The functionality and ease of use (in my opinion) are strong attributes of the product. When there are a million things going on in your day you can appreciate a simplistic platform that is easy to navigate. The reporting and analytics are also a huge plus for me as well. I reevaluate my recruiting process often by utilizing my Bullhorn reports to evaluate my metrics. For example, I pay very close attention to where I have sourced recent hires from to determine which job boards for certain roles are yielding better results. Bullhorn is a cloud based application that allows multiple customers to use it at once. I love the idea of uploading all of my candidate files and notes onto Bullhorn and having access to them at any place or time. This is huge for me! It creates flexibility in the work I do independently but more importantly it helps for great collaboration when working with my colleagues.

Jarit Welles

Give 60 days cancellation notice before your contract ends or it will renew.

Reviewed 2018-01-18
Review Source: Software Advice

It's simple. I used this ATS/CRM at a previous company, so I stuck with it. You don't have to have a separate software like salesforce for the client mgmt.

Marc Rodriguez

Solid and Useful Tool for Recruiting and Sales

Reviewed 2016-05-16

I have used Bullhorn from 2004 until 2015 -- when my employer took a slight break to convert over to another ATS based on SalesForce. Full Disclosure -- Bullhorn was taking too long to convert us over to the S Release and our Management felt it was time to make a change to a new product. After a little less than 1 year on the SalesForce product ( it was a terrible experience ) , our Company is back to using Bullhorn, this time on the S Release version. Bullhorn is a solid tool for Recruitment and Sales in the Staffing and Solutions arena. With the S Release, I feel Bullhorn has only improved. We're able to use the product on all browsers and the mobile experience has gotten slightly improved. We've had Bullhorn integrated with exchange since roughly 2006 and it has been a great balance. We get to use a great email client and Bullhorn still tracks and stores all communications to clients and candidates.Bullhorn has great usability 'Right out of the Box and is easy and flexible to customize screens and fields. Intuitive workflow with the ability to track the most important Activities, events, and stats They have built up many great partnerships with 3rd party products and services so that integration can be very easy Customer Support has improved dramatically in the last 5 years.

Brian Waters

A Cadillac ATS.

Reviewed 2017-05-01
Review Source: Software Advice

Not only happy, but impressed, with this ATS. Customer service has proved to be one of the main reasons I continue to be so happy with the Bullhorn product. I've spoken with numerous individuals for tech support and, while never having talked with the same person twice, have always enjoyed really great support - and even received ideas on thinking outside the box on how to utilize the ATS to best suit my specific needs. I'm also a big fan of the marketplace. Bullhorn, in my opinion, is teamed with some great partners which just strengthens its ease of access. I also like the periodic updates and videos that highlight changes to the interface or new features. There's a great ease of use that comes with this ATS and the customization is unlike any I've seen before.

Jennifer Silverio, CTS

Excellent ATS!

Reviewed 2016-08-08

I have been using Bullhorn for over 8 years. I train every new hire and it is quick to get new recruiters up and running as the system is very user-friendly and easy to learn. I love that you can easily customize every screen in Bullhorn so that it fits your companies workflow!The lists are my favorite feature. They have greatly helped our company. We can filter on any data point in Bullhorn to create available candidate lists for our recruiters and target lists for our sales reps. Notes can be entered very quickly into Bullhorn on a candidate or clients record. As a result we have been able to reduce our unemployment rate by several percentages saving our company thousands of dollars.