Bullhorn ATS & CRM Logo

Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Recruiting and applicant tracking software

Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews

User ratings

4.1

1K
  • Likelihood to recommend7.91/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I like the GUI the most as the simplicity and the ease of use of this tool makes it a fantastic product.
FAR better than Tempworks in functionality. A true CRM/ATS with modern-day capabilities - as most of the top 20 ATS's have.
I like Bullhorn for many reasons. The ease in using it; the amount of different thing you can use it for; the technical support is great and retrieving reports are easy to get.
Terrible company with awful service, poor values, who put more effort in selling their product than delivering it.
It seems as though there's a Bullhorn outage at least 2 to 3 times per month that negatively impacts our workflow and the development time is ridiculous to say the least.
Its been problematic and terrible since the beginning. We will be switching in short order.

Bullhorn ATS & CRM users...

Salesforce Sales Cloud-logocaret

Salesforce Sales Cloud

JobDiva-logocaret

JobDiva

Crelate-logocaret

Crelate

JazzHR-logocaret

JazzHR

How would you rate Bullhorn ATS & CRM?

1,000 reviews

BP

Blair P.

Director of Recruiting

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Not the best "bang for your buck"

Transcript

Blair: Hi. My name is Blair and I am a director of recruiting at a national search firm. I would rate...

Fell off the cliff post-merger

Transcript

Emerson N.: My name is Emerson. I am the owner and founder and president of an executive recruiting company...

Bullhorn for your Daily Use- Staffing Recruiters Best Friend

Bullhorn is both our ATS and CRM. We utilize the tool on a daily basis for Activity Tracking, Reporting, Job Order Management and Candidate Search. The tool has helped bring everyone to a common platform with a common process. This has helped us maintain better performance metrics, overall reporting and candidate engagement.

Pros

Bullhorn is a great tool that is very user friendly and easy to navigate. The time to get a recruiter or an account manager up to speed on the basics of Bullhorn is relatively simple. Getting people to use all the power of Bullhorn is where consistent reminders and training is needed. The tool is great for tracking anything and allows you to forget because you can set reminders to follow up on items, track past emails, etc. The tool really will change how you recruit.

Cons

Bullhorn has lots of great tools out of the box so it is best to explore this before completing too much customization and automations. You may find better out of the box ways to do things versus spending money on customizations that you don't need or use after going live.

A great tool to use with a few minor issues

Overall the experience was good but if we knew what we know now, we might have opted for a different tool or at least we would have done more research

Pros

Cons

I like the IT support the least, I think there could be a lot more support that could have been given to us when we were implementing and having some issues at the start of the implementation

Mostly good, with fixable needed improvements

It's been mostly positive. I've used TEKsystems' internal ATS and CRM, and I've used Greenhouse. As a staffing company, I don't think Greenhouse is the right tool. Bullhorn definitely hits the must-haves, but there are many ways it could improve that don't seem like asking too much. If my complaints with the product are just my lack of knowledge of the product offering, that would mean they could do a better job of teaching the best use-cases and practices of their product.

Pros

The 'Last People Contacted' is a very useful tab to have auto-loaded. Finding candidates can be difficult without it considering you need their number memorized, if they have a common name, or their profile name is different than the name you call them (Charles vs Chuck). The moving across stages from 'Connect' to 'Placement' is aesthetically pleasing and well designed.

Cons

Tracking which candidates are in play and submitted should be front and center on "My Dashboard". The cards available on "My Dashboard" are nearly all irrelevant to the recruiting lifecycle, making it fairly useless apart from "My Activity" if the admin sets some goals for you. Even the "Recruiting Manager" dashboard report is fairly useless as it only tracks candidates who's stage hasn't changed in...

Good Platform

This is a good platform that is trying to continuously improve its product to keep up with the evolving industry.

Pros

The product is easy to use and navigate from the start. There are some good reports generated once you figure out the "behind the scenes".

Cons

During my time there were a few acquisitions by Bullhorn that were meant to help with automation. The roll-out of the new tools was slow and clunky.

Not a whole lot of glam for the price tag

Pros

Bullhorn is easy to implement and a one stop shop for keeping your candidates, clients, and job orders organized.

Cons

The customer service is difficult to get in contact with. It also comes with a hefty price tag and we have since found other alternatives at a lower cost that offer much more customizability.

Bullhorn ATS is way better than the rest of the competing ATS in the Market

Pros

Ease of use and friendly GUI that makes navigation a breeze

Cons

Crappy when it comes to internal sourcing. Bullhorn sometimes displays some glitches when synced with some of the commercial job boards.

Great Software

Pros

Intuitive and very User Friendly software

Cons

The clearing of the cache upon exit from system

My experience with Bullhorn ATS

overall my experience was not good kind of average i used Ceipal and Jobdiva which is more user friendly

Pros

I like the usability of the product provide the best experience in terms of tracking, searching , updating, and many more with great UI and work great on chrome but there are many things which makes recruitments very uneasy and long process to upload a consultant on portal.

Cons

verification of vendor, creating job, and less usable filter can make recruitment process much easy and less time taking

Decent ATS

Overall Bullhorn was good for getting resume through job posts.

Pros

Good for job posting and resume sorting on a daily basis.

Cons

not the most dynamic ATS compared to others as far as functionality and integrations.

Boost sales with Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Pros

It is easy to use and intuitive, it helps me stay organized.

Cons

It tends to work slowly but meets my expectations.

Excellent Recruitment Platform

Collaboration between many other teams which is used in hiring process is a lot easier using Bullhorn. It helps us to keep each and everything track in a timely manner. Mass Emailing is the effective feature where you can send emails to many candidates whom we are exactly looking at without a candidate knowing them that it's a mass email because the mail looks as if you have sent the mail personally.

Pros

User friendly complexity is reduced a lot compared to the old version of software. It has an option to save the visa status of the candidate. Tracking candidates and updating their status if they are available in the market or not is easy. Using it couple of time makes you an expert in it. Picks up the exact candidates which we are looking for based on the key skills which we have used. It has an option...

Cons

if the resume is in the PDF format then this cannot be downloaded in the DOCX format. When we are facing an issue we don’t have a source to gain knowledge about it only the training of this software is given at particular time. I see that there is a bit delay in the customer service response. When we open three to four new tab and open new jobs in each and refresh the highlighting part will be interchanged.

Bullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand!

I have been using Bullhorn for almost a year now - our company has been with the software for at least 5 years and they are doing everything right. At the beginning of this year my organization decided to add Sense Messaging as another way of engaging with our clientele (best decision we've made). These two pieces of software are connected on my platform and have benefited PMC together and on their...

Pros

Bullhorn is like a cellular phone - all in the palm of my hand - well both of my hands technically - click the mouse with my right hand and type with my left hand when need be. Bullhorn is easy to use, easy to read, it's organizational, it gives you the ability to edit and delete incorrect notations and through contact with Bullhorn's Support Services we've been able to have the software edited for...

Cons

Every perfect piece of software comes with its defects. No person is perfect and nothing they create is perfect either. Bullhorn is stubborn in the category of taking extra steps. When I receive resumes via email, I can simply parse them in no strings attached. However, if I try to parse a resume that has been sent via fax, the option is not there. As a user, one must add the candidate, save the candidate...

Evaluation of Bullhorn Recruiting Software for Use by a Smaller Retained Executive Search Firm

I had a personal, on screen demonstration of this product by a rep on Mon Nov 21, 2016 starting at about 11:00 AM PST. Using Citrix I looked at a custom screen demonstration while Adam Cuomo and I spoke by phone. (My rep and I were the only 2 people involved in this presentation.) At the beginning I explained how a small partnership or “solo” retained executive recruiter operates. Although it should...

Pros

It appears to really function beautifully. And it's a fit with a retained executive search organization's needs. And it appears to be reasonably priced.

Cons

It probably has a more limited utility for a one or two person retained executive search firm.

Bullhorn Review December 2016

I have used Bullhorn since 2007 in two different companies. In the first instance, I helped integrate Bullhorn into the company and found Bullhorn support extremely helpful in migrating our data from our old system into Bullhorn. The process went smoothly and our deadlines were met; I still remember this after all these years. I continue to use Bullhorn in my current company and find it an extremely effective tool.

Pros

Bullhorn Technical Support is simply amazing. I am in awe of their customer service and their knowledge of the system. Customer Service for me means that I'm not put on hold for an inordinate length of time nor am I forced to leave a message after negotiating with a voicemail system that requires me to struggle with too many options. I greatly appreciate Bullhorn Technical Support's sending me a follow up email to any issue I may have had; these emails help me to remember the issue and how it was resolved. Lastly, I realize that Bullhorn has many partners in its Marketplace but I do not receive solicitation calls from them; this is very important to me, as I receive many such calls from other vendors and it is a burden to say the least.

Cons

I do not remember which version of Bullhorn I used at my first job (from 2007 to 2013). I do know, however, that when I started to use Bullhorn in my second job one of the features that was available in the earlier version (ability to run ad hoc reports based on the various fields in Bullhorn records) was no longer available. I found this feature extremely useful as a Bullhorn administrator for my...

Grab the Bull by the horn with Bullhorn

How to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside...

Pros

Bullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call. Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et...

Cons

Integration with Bullhorn Marketplace: the solutions offered in Bullhorn's Marketplace are extremely relevant; however the integration and go-live process lacks the support and guidance that we've come to expect through our experience with the core ATS product. New API unveiled with Bullhorn S release offered cross-browser accessibility; however some solid features were left behind and modular layout took a step back which added a few more clicks per page. System up-time: Extremely reliable, but back-end performance and data indexing has, and continues, to be an issue from time to time.

Good but not perfect

We have been using Bullhorn since the start of Bullhorn. The software does what we need it to - most of the time. There are many options to partner with different companies that work seamlessly with Bullhorn. We are always looking for the latest and greatest to make our jobs easier so we always hope for more options where this is concerned so we can tie as much as possible right into our Bullhorn...

Pros

It does what any staffing firms needs. good selection of programs that can be integrated (but you can never have too many options!)

Cons

down times/issues do come up could use better process for doing certain searches (noted in review)

Great ATS, the best one I have used as a Recruiter

Bullhorn ATS is overall a great tool for our recruiting team and we enjoy using it. It integrates well with a lot of the other tools we use to improve the candidate experience including Herefish, LinkedIn, TextUs, etc. Wish customer support was a bit stronger with stronger, long-lasting solutions, but overall we like it.

Pros

Integrates with a lot of other software we use like TextUs, Herefish, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Jobs, etc. We also like that it has a lot of capability and functionality, more than other ATS's I have used. It also has a fairly easy to use interface and a lot of training materials, which makes it easy to onboard new recruiters on to our team.

Cons

Customer Support is very unhelpful when we try to add new functionality, suggest Bullhorn updates, or if we have a system issue. We have not been impressed with their problem-solving or timely support.

Change request take too long

Pros

There is a wide marketplace of third party partners who can offer additional features that can easily be implemented into the core product.

Cons

Time scale to deliver changes that require assistance from Bullhorn are too long. It would be good to have a fast track option for minor changes.

Bullhorn ATS - Is just the best

I recommend Bullhorn to many of our staffing clientele, I always go back to all the features Bullhorn provides, all of the integrations we use (Indeed/LinkedIn) to name a few. The ease of use is a big one for us and it just works so well with our business!

Pros

Bullhorn is so user friendly first off! When i train new employees on the use and flow of Bullhorn I have never had an issue with them not understanding. There are so many training videos that show step by step instructions on how to move throughout Bullhorn that are so helpful!

Cons

There are sometimes latency issues, but this seems to get fixed quite fast! Other than that, we typically do not have many issues within Bullhorn that are worth complaining about.

A powerful CRM with great resources for future development

The fact that Bullhorn never stops on the achieved results make us believe that their functionality can bring even more benefits in the future. This vendor can surprise their customers with a lot of new features, each of which is equally qualitative to the previous standard package of abilities.

Pros

This is a tool where everything is ready at hand. Bullhorn offers opportunities for lead generation, as well as for requirement delivery. The management process is seamless and does not require creating API linkages between multiple programs. All the information about each user/employee is organized in a logical and visually convenient form. Besides, the program offers easy and fast abilities to contact...

Cons

To tell the truth, it was hard to find anything we do dislike about Bullhorn. There are just some small shortcomings we would like to see improved in the future releases. For instance, our company would appreciate greatly if Bullhorn paid more attention to their ATS functionality. Very rarely, but still, there might be some problems with the e-mails arrival (personally, we faced this error just once or twice). In general, Bullhorn is a satisfactory platform.

Easy to use and very intuitive

Really great - fantastic support team

Pros

Its easy to set up and use and has a user friendly interface

Cons

No built in reporting function as standard

Comprehensive Design

Bullhorn provides a complete servicing platform for all stages of candidate recruiting. We are able to manage our client and candidate contact lists, our jobs, payroll, onboarding, and more. Aside from minor window control and UI quirks, Bullhorn has few flaws. With recent mergers, our company has experienced exponential growth during 2016. With that growth comes the challenge of integrating...

Pros

Organization - The layout of the Bullhorn interface is simple. This makes training new users easy and makes working in bullhorn stress-free. Detail - Bullhorn allows us to enter and retrieve a great amount of detail within records. This allows for accurate reporting and follow-up. Customization - Bullhorn is very customizable. We can easily add components and fields to the interface within each function of the CRM.

Cons

User Interface - Though highly customizable, the windows and popups can be quirky. The sizes of windows for example can sometimes be to small for the data contained and require a great deal of scrolling to navigate through. Email Capability - Bullhorn would be better with a full service email suite which included all of the functions of MS Outlook for example. Data speed - We all want to work faster. Bullhorn can sometimes be a bit sluggish with the transmission of data.

One Stop Shop

Overall, I can still say that Bullhorn is the best recruiting software. I would highly recommend this tool to other staffing firms.

Pros

Bullhorn is the best ATS I have ever used. It is very user-friendly. It only took me a day to know my way around bullhorn. It allows you to edit fields while you are looking at the list. This is very helpful as you do not need to click on a specific link to have it edited. Also, I love that it is integrated with MS Exchange as email conversations are recorded and can be seen by all internal employees. In addition, it is very easy to track the progress of each requisition. Bullhorn also allows you to set up reminders which are very helpful for busy recruiters like me. I love that text messages are also recorded in the system. Lastly, they have an awesome technical support team! Way to go!

Cons

For me, Bullhorn can still improve on tearsheets. Recruiters should be able to edit fields without them having to click a specific link/candidate. It would be very beneficial if they would add this feature as most job postings are really fast-moving. Another thing that I have noticed is with duplicate candidates. Sometimes I add a specific candidate and it shows me, 50 plus duplicate candidates. When I try to click one, it's nowhere similar to the resume that I uploaded. I hope they can do something about this.

Bullhorn for Staffing Agencies

I generally like using Bullhorn and its functionality. Once you figured out how to use it, it's practical and quick. We are a staffing agency with 20 producers and it's fairly easy to customize for Recruiting and Sales. Staying on top of data accuracy and documentation is an issue because a lot of functions have to be done manually. An automation of some kind would be helpful and I can't imagine using Bullhorn efficiently for a larger organization.

Pros

- Easy to use for a small operation such as ours - Great customer service - Regular updates to the software

Cons

- New features are rarely communicated and it's difficult to find out what products were added and are available to me (We have Bullhorn S release and lots of functionality is available but I wouldn't know about) - Some type of automation would be needed to make daily processes easier, for example, buttons to track calls vs. having to add a note - Currently no data mining tool available for no cost that would allow to clean up data.

Hi Juli, Thank you for your feedback regarding are communication style with new features. We strive to provide a great experience and provide our customers with all the information that they need to be successful, and it is helpful to know where we can improve. I will send you a private email with a link to the customer portal. In addition to great learning videos, the portal also provides detailed monthly listings of all new features, updates, bug fixes, etc. If there is anything else that I can help with, please feel free to email me at emily.saquet@bullhorn.com.

Great for recruiters

This platform turned out to be really handy for candidate recruiting. Users should pay special attention to the report functions, as they are really helpful in recruiting. For people who like everything individually organized and neat, it’s a lifesaver.

Pros

- A truly simplistic layout - Seamless integration of all data from different sources to one complete Bullhorn database. - Efficient tasklist and search - Managing client and talent leads has become much easier - A real time saver - Contact list is searchable and easy to navigate An extremely useful service for integrating databases (e.g. client and sales, recruiting data etc). Bullhorn is one of the best CRM’s I have worked with. Simple, clean visuals, intuitive functions, good integration features. Allows synchronization with other programs and tools. - Customizable, with lots of functions - Compatible with tons of other software

Cons

- Some problems with user interface, like popups - Refreshing posts is sometimes delayed, especially if they are close in time - Small window sizes, requires lots of scrolling action - Speed – data transmission could be much faster - Needs a lot of updating and administration (which is honestly the problem of all CRM sofrware) - Keeps old data which you have to delete manually, or it will interfere with current priorities