Bullhorn ATS & CRM Logo

Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Recruiting and applicant tracking software

Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews - Page 6

1,005 reviews

generally a great software tool- easy to find what i'm looking for

Pros

I like a lot of the efficiencies that have been built in, binocular views for example, being able to do bulk tasks, notes. Anything that helps our producers work more effectively. Support is always great!

Cons

Certain features like not being able to pin multiple windows, not being able to search the same things on the same lists (searching addresses on candidates but not on submissions come to mind). Mobile product is seriously lacking :(

Bullhorn ATS - Simple & Effective

The Bullhorn ATS has all the features required for a robust candidate / client contact system.

Pros

Ease of communication Note & file retention Ready access to historic data

Cons

Choosing random dates on the calendar for tasks with multiple follow dates that do not fit the standard provided recurrence pattern of every day / week / month etc. Inability to add open job orders or potential job orders to Client or to transfer any historic job orders from a contact that has left the company.

Innovative Tool to Keep Your Business At the Peak of Technology

Pros

They are always coming out with new tools and features to help you be able to better manage and utilize your data. They are very transparent and you always know what tools are coming down the pipe.

Cons

Their customer support unless you are at the Enterprise level is not the best. Having customizations built by their professional services can take a long time to turn around. However, they allow those things to be outsourced to third parties.

Love it! Implementing BBO now...

Great learning tools for new users.

Pros

I like how everything ties together - candidate records to clients to jobs to placements. Like that I can customize fields and drop-downs as needed. Outstanding customer service!

Cons

The biggest pet peeve I have with Bullhorn is how quickly I'm locked out and have to re-login. If I haven't worked in the system in about 30 minutes, its frozen and I have to close out and start over. I log in about 5 times per day. Ugh!

It does the job

Pros

It provides all of the functionality that you need for full cycle recruiting in an easy-to-access web interface. The hosted solution also works well for smaller companies.

Cons

The tracking of email communication between recruiters and candidates was always a little weird to me. The software tracks all communication no matter what, which can result in a lot of data and make it difficult to find the information that you need later on.

BH Pros and Cons

BH is robust but many times is difficult to use. If it wasn't for support being so strong, I'd probably have a different opinion. We've had to go to Monster Cloud Search because how terrible the search tool in BH is.

Pros

Pros- The emailing set up is nice and efficient with it being integrated into outlook. The Monster integration availability is also a very nice feature, it makes finding candidate much easier. Monster and cloud search integration is really nice. Parsing, for the most part, is ok and smooth.

Cons

Cons: Searching candidates outside of cloud search is terrible. Pdf files sometimes parse terribly, sometimes it just parses as strange symbols. I always have trouble logging in but I also use firefox so that could be some of it PDF’s most of the time have a hard time parsing properly into the database. I get errors about 25% of the time when trying to upload a new resume into the overview- says...

Bullhorn is a great partner

Great conference!

Pros

Bullhorn really has made a huge investment in integrations with third-party applications to allow customers to enjoy a feature-rich experience that helps scale and brings efficiencies to your organization.

Cons

Customer service experience can be confusing, and take some time before getting your ticket in the right hands. Once your there, though, they do work to provide timely resolution to any possible issue.

I love using Bullhorn, I would be lost without it

Pros

I like the way it allows me to track all aspects of both candidate and client relationships. The lists, and mass email functions allow me to contact relevant candidates with ease, and they always think it is a personalized email from me, even when sending 1000+ messages.

Cons

The resume passing and saving feature is not good on the base version. I cannot drag and drop resumes to a candidate file without first saving it to my pc,

Applicant Tracking System

Pros

1. Full function for recruiting, keeps all information intact from parsing, screening, endorsment and placement. 2. It is great to use for multi tasking. Can open several jobs at once, can pull up multiple candidates 3. One great feature of this software would be their tear sheet. Can make a list private or public of candidates in certain location, skills or qualities that can be used for...

Cons

1. Though Bullhorn is a very useful tool, it is never perfect. It has latency every now and then and at some point misses to capture what you have saved.

A good, not great applicant tracking software

For what we were coming from (Excel spreadsheets for tracking) Bullhorn was a HUGE improvement. It can be customized to fit your needs and processes, and tracks typical KPIs that we had been measuring on our own.

Pros

It is very customizable to fit your needs and processes. I really liked the candidate page. I found it very easy to use and to reflect all useful detail at a glance.

Cons

The reporting features definitely left a lot to be desired. They were clunky to run, and a lot of times did not display data my hiring managers thought was useful. My dashboard - supposed to give me tasks to do that day - was also pretty useless.

A Real CRM for the Daily User! Excellent!

I have really enjoyed using Bullhorn over the last 2 years. I am continually impressed by the CRM product - what it does, how it helps me with my job, and how the company provides strong customer support. The features of Bullhorn enable me to manage multiple projects, review my performance, and track job-related projects from start to finish. Overall - I'm a big fan!

Pros

The ability to track projects in real time, manage multiple projects and accounts, and track performance related goals.

Cons

I don't use the mass email function often. I haven't had great luck with it.

bullhorn is good but could be better

Pros

I like the time stamp and ability to see what others have done with a candidate to avoid crossover

Cons

too many spots to fill in info that 90% would never use. it takes up so much space/time clicking over

Made for lead management, perfect for recruiting

Used it everyday for 1 year, and I didn't really have any complaints! It was a good program, that I would no be upset if a future employer had the system.

Pros

This product, as evident by it's name, was made for people who need to track and contact a large number or people. Easy to track everything, it auto tracks phone calls if you set it up, it's a very professional CRM, not a cheap solution for lean management.

Cons

There were things that got frustrating sometimes, like any CRM, but it was overall a very simple CRM to use with a lot of features that I never even dove into. Overall there were no real cons, except that without very good management, if the lead base is too large, it's hard to weed out the bad leads.

Bullhorn, user-intuitive and well worth it value wise

I have used Bullhorn as a business [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and as a user and I can't think of a better one (I have used MANY in 32 years of staffing) It's not required to be highly technical and it's intuitive qualities are unrivaled

Pros

I like the ATS and scheduling the best, but activity tracking and email sending are also very easy to use and to learn

Cons

Nothing comes to mind; the features and benefits meet our needs very well

The most functional ATS system I have used

Pros

Bullhorn is the easiest to use and most logical ATS tracking system I have used. I really appreciate the option for interview screens being set up in the format they are in. It is so much easier than manually entering in questions and typing up every question, every time.

Cons

I do not like that in order to add jobs to candidates initial screens, I am required to enter every field (Title, Pay, Company name, Location, Reason for leaving, job description) --- while it's all great information to have the fields available for input, I do not like that it is required because I do not go over every detail of every job on a candidates resume, such as the city it was located in, but might ask one or two questions about a less relevant job. The "Tasks" feature just isn't practical for me. There is no reason why I would use this over my Microsoft Office calendar alerts or a to do list.

Easy to use! Tedious on-boarding

My company is coming from no previous software experience so even having a program to organize candidates and search, email, make notes is huge for us. However, I feel like their introductory process could be tightened up.

Pros

Bullhorn is pretty easy to use once you get all of your information in it. The search function is an excellent resource and the customization per user makes it stand out.

Cons

The on-boarding process was pretty tedious. Once you commit and sign the contract, you have to spend tons of time doing training modules, taking quizzes, and doing scheduled calls before you can even start using it. Once you finish that, you're put on a 3 week time limit to upload any and all resumes. In our case, that wasn't enough time (we're a company that had no previous candidate software so we were dealing with paper resumes, imbedded resumes in emails, etc) for us and we're likely going to have to pay for another bulk upload down the road. Also, I think there are still a few kinks to be worked out in the software and to get ahold of a customer service rep takes a lot of effort-- even just for simple questions.

Long time recruiter, best ATS I have used

Very positive. I have been a recruiter for 15 years and this is one of the best products I have used.

Pros

easy navigation with both jobs and candidates through the recruiting life cycle. I like how easy it is to create reports and customize.

Cons

I really don't have very many complaints. I don't have great luck using the mass email feature. The results often go to the candidates spam folder.

Happy Bullhorn user

Love it!

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to get to different pages and perform actions from anywhere. Love the constant innovation as well as continuing to add more integrations

Cons

Everything in staffing doesn't always happen as planned so the removal or change of things sometimes requires an admin. Ex would be placements but changing our process to adapt! Better on boarding functionality and documentation for help

New users of Bullhorn

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. In addition, Bullhorn outstrips the competition with things like Bullhorn Reach, their online training support manuals, webinars, and Bullhorn Live events. Another major plus is their 24hr support desk; this is something we didn't see any of the other suppliers have to this level. In addition, you are safe in the knowledge that all updates are free, and you don't have to pay for the latest upgrades and releases. Also, we have been extremely impressed with the enthusiasm of all staff, from the CEO all the way to the Helpdesk support and trainers that help resolve any issues with a smile on their face.

Cons

It does lack some functionality which some others vendors have, like a lack of parsing direct from LinkedIn and calendar functionality; it could also do with improved back office integration, especially around timesheets, as this is the most critical part of the cycle once a candidate has been sourced and placed in a role.

Solid recruiting software

Overall am happy, when we have issues they do get addressed with time.

Pros

- Love the email tracking, amazing help when a coworker is out of office! - Notes feature is great - Reporting is easy to use

Cons

- Can only have one recruiter listed on candidate profiles (we have splits here) - Placement report is inaccurate sometimes due to the above issue. - We can no longer see when submissions are read/ how many times.

Bullhorn for the Win !

Pros

What I like most about the product is the functionality and ease of use. You don't have to be a technology pro to navigate through the system and the features are great. If I can name my top three features it would be having the ability to create and manage tasks, an easy and streamlined process of pulling reports to track my metrics, and the integration between several other tools I use for recruiting such as LinkedIn, CareebBuilder, etc.

Cons

Overall the prodcut is great, howevevr greater functionality on a mobile device would make it even better !

Excellent Product!

I'd recommend Bullhorn to anyone in the staffing and recruiting industry. It's a fantastic product.

Pros

Cloud-based, compatible with Windows and MacOS. Compatible with multiple browsers. Highly customizable. They have an awesome support staff, and they respond very quickly.

Cons

It can take a little bit of time for someone who is not technically savvy to learn how the system works, but that is not a major con in my opinion.

Best ATS/ Staffing application you can get.

The ease of use and simple layout makes closing deals your only concern! Bullhorn makes tracking the entire cycle of candidates search and management, client tracking and job management a simple task so that all you have to worry about is closing deals! everything is organized and searchable, I have used other ATS systems and Bullhorn takes the cake!

Pros

Simple lay out and the ease of being able to search for anything.

Cons

Sometimes there are bugs here and there.

My experience with Bullhorn

I have been using Bullhorn as a Recruiter for over two years and it was truly a positive and quick learning curve. I had no previous experience using any other ATS system, and found BH to have a lot of interactive and useful features right away. It's truly a great way to stay connected with candidates by for example creating tearsheets, and also a great way to stay communicated internally with other Recruiters and Account Managers regarding job updates, candidate updates, interview scheduling, candidate searches, etc.

pretty good

enjoy the product just need to continue to modify as needed and make more features standard and not additional add ons

Pros

ease of use, tracking, keeping everyone on same page - have been using bullhorn for a while and enjoy the product

Cons

price, implementing new services within bullhorn, running reports more training offered with bh on a regular basis, do not believe using all the tools that would help. don't know what don't knoiw