All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Cornerstone LMS

The #1 learning solution in the world. Ask the experts.

Cornerstone LMS Reviews

Lin V.

Read the full review
CSOD provides us with a dedicated client support representative and a whole team of troubleshooting partners that are available to answer questions or resolve issues. CSOD's client support is amazing.

Franz V.

Read the full review
CSOD has been one of the best, the logic and function makes sense, it is intuitive, and the improvements always bring excitement and enthusiasm to the group.

Christian B.

Read the full review

Cons

They instead said, too bad you're on a 3 year contract and we will sue you if you don't pay. We have over 5 months of implementation and the software does absolutely nothing for us.

Joshua P.

Read the full review
Learning implementation was difficult, because of all the configurability and our lack of understanding of the limitations.

Kandi T.

Read the full review
Since 13.1 came out, we've had nothing but problems with files not loading, 404 errors, server errors, and to make matter worse, expect to wait a week or more to be told, there is nothing they can do.

Johann C.

Read the full review

An excellent way to organize and provide employee training.

We have used the Learning module for a few years and added in the performance and recruiting modules. My focus is on the Learning and Core modules.

Pros

There is so much we can do to improve our employee education / training with the system.

Cons

We are not using the software to it's full extent so there is a lot of clean up to do. We are also part of a larger corporation so I'm not able to use some of the new features without assistance from the lead organization.

Industry Leader in LMS Software - Top Shelf Product with Excellent Customer Service

My overall experience with Cornerstone OnDemand has been excellent. I appreciate the training team, support team, client success, and the product team who go above and beyond to respond quickly to client needs. I have undergone several certifications through Cornerstone - the process of training for certifications and working with certification specialists has been an incredible opportunity to upskill my proficiency with the product and apply that knowledge toward optimizing the user experience at my org. I strongly recommend this LMS product to any org seeking to adopt the best LMS on the market.

Pros

Among the LMS products that I have worked with, Cornerstone OnDemand provides the most customizable solution for unique business needs. Cornerstone provides an abundance of training for clients, including hundreds of on demand videos, online courses, online help articles, and virtual instructor led training classes for administrators to upskill their familiarity with the features. Each client is...

Cons

Cornerstone is constantly growing and adapting its product during quarterly releases and they are very inclusive with customer suggestions for future enhancements. There is a lot of thought that goes into release planning and UAT through a stage environment and release ready webinars. Often these enhancements are the direct result of client suggestions that have been upvoted by other clients. It is a huge product with a top talent product management team, and I am always impressed with how the product is updated to adapt to new technologies and industry trends, as well as business needs. I would love to see even more emphasis in the future on release updates to include even more customer suggestions, even though the releases are already very robust.

Hi Taline, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate having a champion like you and are happy to be a small part of the success at Whole Foods. I'm so glad you found value in the all the training we provide for clients. Your continued learning has made you so knowledgeable about Cornerstone and we are here to support you in any way you need!

Simply Awful

Absolutely awful, once you sign that contract no one responds to you in a timeline manner. You get a lot of "that is how the system is built, can't help you" answers. They have a great sales team and awful everything else.

Pros

Not a lot to be honest. If you have to pick something, it would be their reporting 2.0 tool. When it doesn't freeze or error out, it is simple to use.

Cons

Where to start? Here are just a few highlights: - The worst customer service I'd ever experience working with a vendor. - They take days to reply to emails, same for technical support tickets, even when they are labeled as a high priority. - When you call the support line, their reps are customer service agents who are just reading the same outdated info you find on their documentation online,...

CSOD - Access your learning anywhere/anytime!

Overall, we are very pleased with our selection and have no plans of leaving this application any time soon. We just resigned for another 5 years, so that speaks volumes to our confidence level with this product.

Pros

We have found that our users required no training to be able to use the Cornerstone software successfully. Given that we have 10,000 employees, this was a key deciding factor when we signed on.

Cons

There’s always going to be small issues that may be frustrating. The one thing that we found is that their customer service/support central is more than adequately prepared to handle anything that comes up.

Cornerstone LMS not great for complicated builds

My experience is both good and bad. Good in that I have gotten used to the way the product works and can maneuver well. Bad in that its tedious work and there are areas where streamlining is needed.

Pros

Cornerstone was an improvement over the LMS platforms we were using 5 years ago. It handles large amounts of learning objects and dynamic assignments well if its simple. It doesn't like complicated assignments. The system works well with a simple set of learning objects assigned to a simple group with a due date. If you need to build a complicated group (one with many parameters), it may not work as well. Also the removal of items is a challenge when you are removing from a large number of transcripts.

Cons

the administration of cornerstone is not straight forward. There are a lot of nuances that come up when you are completing various activities. There is also the inconsistencies with various screens throughout. In some areas you can click check all or uncheck all to select multiple objects. In other areas you cannot and have to click individually, which is time consuming.

CSOD Getting Better Every Year!

We are very happy with the applicatoin. We have been with Cornerstone for over 3 years now and signed a new contract for another 5 years. The support we get from them is excellent and would not look elsewhere.

Pros

Constant improvement (quaterly) is something I really like about this application. Users do not complain about it, which is a huge plus for us supporting the app in our organization. The application is big and there is always something new to learn or better way of doing things.

Cons

There is not much that I can say negative about the application. One thing that I would like to change is character count when creating groups. It might seem small for some organization admins, but for us its a important as our groups can be very large. It is frustrating when creating a group and you are unable to save it because you succeeded the character limit. Not a deal breaker but for sure an annoyance that can perhaps be fixed in the next releases.

Solid HRIS system with a strong LMS

Overall, Cornerstone is a solid and robust system. We run into very few issues with it. It has helped us reach our global workforce and manage learning within our organization.

Pros

Cornerstone offers one of the better LMSs that I've managed in my career. They continue to update the system with new features and evolve it with emerging technology like machine learning and mobile compatibility. It supports all of the content we use and user management is relatively painless. Each area of the system integrates with the others. This allows for a very cohesive performance management suite.

Cons

The weak spot of Cornerstone is their customer service. It has been a pain point for several years. They say they are working on improving it and sometimes they do, but it still has a long ways to go. I also wish the system had more robust mobile compatibility. This is something they have been working on, but they are behind some competitors. They also need further support for multimedia, specifically video.

Great product, and very easy to use!

So far, my overall experience with Cornerstone has been great. From my side focusing on learning, we've really be working on getting over the hurdle of getting learners to take trainings that aren't required of them. This tool (and playlists + learner home) have really helped us accomplish this.

Pros

The thing that I like most about the software is how easy it is to learn, and pick up on. When I came into this role, I had no prior cornerstone or LMS experience, but it was super easy for me to learn and navigate. Highly recommend Cornerstone to those who are looking for a new provider.

Cons

There really isn't anything that sticks out that I like least about the software. Their support model can be tricky to deal with from time to time, but that's about it honestly.

Great Product!

Great experience and great value for the product.

Pros

I love the integrated Cornerstone suite of products for ease of use with system management. We started with the implementation of Performance Management and it was so easy for our managers and employees to adopt, and we have recently moved over to Cornerstone LMS, which has been great.

Cons

Not much! It was a great value for a wonderful product. The implementation was a lot of work to coordinate internally for our company wide team, but it was worth it.

Hi Kristen, we appreciate you taking the time to provide a review for Cornerstone! I'm glad to hear that you see the value in Learning & Performance. Our products are made to compliment each other and set you up for success. Implementing talent management products can be overwhelming and I hope you felt supported by the Cornerstone team during the process. If there is anything we can do to help, please reach out to us at wecare@csod.com. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Adding and tracking attendance for our training courses is easy to maintain with Cornerstone.

The main benefits are being able to track on report on which customers attend our courses and how they evaluated our courses.

Pros

What I like most about Cornerstone is that I can add and track our courses and customers who have attended our courses. A majority of our courses are offered virtually so being able to effectively track attendance for these courses in a simplified way is very beneficial to us. We also have advanced courses that our customers need and since we do not allow customers to take an advanced course with the...

Cons

Sometimes, our customer don't know exactly where to go to launch a course they are scheduled to attend. They have to go to their User Profile and look at their transcript. Although most customers to locate this, some can not. We wish it could be easier so that our customer attendance is high and we can continue educating our customers on the products we offer.

Great Product Overall

Pros

My overall experience with Cornerstone OnDemand has been excellent. I appreciate the training resources, success center and how they push for users/clients to become experts and work with their peers. I have completed several of the certifications and am currently a client community expert and both have allowed me to learn and network with others about the product which has helped me be a better administrator for my own organization. I recommend this LMS product to any org seeking to adopt the best LMS on the market.

Cons

Our implementation was really rough and caused a lot of stress and rework. There are areas of the system that are inconsistent or have design flaws that haven't gotten the priority they need yet. GPS support is challenging you often just get the answer that is is how it is built and there is nothing they can help you with. Technical Support issues can take months and then still not be resolved or you have to do more work to resolve them on your own.

A powerful LMS with lots of integration points, catalogue customisation but room to improve

We are providing training to thousands of external users. We have a second implementation for internal users. The platform is far easier to handle/use outside of an eXe environment - if they could assist with end to end tracking of browsing > purchase, it would level the playing field.

Pros

The catalogue is very customisable, there are countless fields that can be changed to cater for nearly all use case scenarios. e-Learning tracking generally works as expected. WebEx/VILT integration is good. A fairly high degree of customisation is available for web pages/custom pages etc.

Cons

We've been bounced between several GPS reps in recent years, some of whom have been more committed to our cause than others. When we have downtime, particularly in an eXe environment, it feels like our concerns just drop into a queue even if users are unable to register/make payment. Some areas of the platform are in desperate need of improvement (e.g. Certifications). When you raise these, you are encouraged to file a thread in the Success Centre, but you end up just replying to yourself or other frustrated users.

Cornerstone OnDemand

Our business use for this was tracking regulatory training for roughly 12 trainers in the health care field. This is also where people could sign up for in-person training whether that was a leadership class, CPR, etc. We were starting to use it for succession planning - although I feel we could have just used PowerPoint. We didn't use it for performance although we looked into it.

Pros

This is a flashy LMS. It looks great to the user. For a large organization, this was helpful with tracking regulatory trainings and more. It has all the bells and whistles.

Cons

The reason I would never recommend this to a colleague is because of the price and admin functions. First, the price. We were shown from the beginning, everything the system could offer, which we obviously loved, but shame on us for not asking additional questions. What we saw and what we got were different. For additional pricing, we could add on. Even customer service hours were charged. In the end...

Top notch Learning System For Our Premium Needs

Cornerstone Learning has been firmly a part of training and development workflow for as long as I have been a art of this organization, and it has served us well. The UI is easy to the train for both our end users and administrators/educators. Yet, we have just only cracked the surface with the modules that we have employed.

Pros

Cornerstone Learning is intuitive to learn with a mostly clean interface. Some newer systems have more modern and updated features, but Cornerstone does the job for us. I love how relatively easy it has been to engage our users and deliver quality learning objects.

Cons

The content development tools are growing, but find external authoring applications is still essential.

You name it, and Cornerstone can probably do it!

Overall, our experience has been great. I have been using it for 2.5 years and my bank has had the product since 2010. The resources available for learning are tremendous, and continuous innovation of the product itself keeps current with trends and leads the way on many.

Pros

Most of the administrator functions are pretty intuitive if you are experienced with Learning Management Systems. It is a lot to learn as a new administrator, but I am a huge fan of the resources cornerstone makes available to admins to learn and continue to enhance product knowledge. Personally, I love the reporting and dashboard capabilities! Analytics makes almost any sort of data tracking possible.

Cons

Setting up reviews and competencies can be very "steppy," but it is logical. The smallest pieces get built first, added to larger pieces, etc. Would be nice to be able to create a lot of these things (like form sections) in the flow of building a review itself.

Hi Samuel, thank you for your detailed review. I'm glad you felt supported while exploring all the admin functions and find it intuitive. If you're not already, I highly recommend getting plugged into the Cornerstone Success Center where you can access online resources and connect with other banking/financial clients to see how they set up reviews and competencies. Thank you for being a great client!

Cornerstone Recruitment Module

Overall the experience has been good and we are happy with the recruitment solution we have in place. It is helping us to report on sources and cost which is brilliant for making data driven decisions rather than trying to guess what sources are working and what are not as often is the case when using other ATS systems without this functionality.

Pros

The software is user friendly and pretty adaptable to fit our business needs. Most of the screens are modern in design (some need updating) and the workflows are able to be flexed so that the process is not clunky and hard to navigate. It works well for our internal recruitment team and for the most part our candidates, although some improvement could be made to restricting views to some of our managers as they for our process we dont need them to see some of the status's or have the ability to change them. Overall it is one of the better recruitment systems out there for flexibility and functionality. The fact that we are able to track candidates source is crucial to our business and supports our budgeting strategy really well.

Cons

The helpdesk support could be better and more efficient in responding. Having the ability to share screens in real time to highlight issues or discuss improvements that could be made would be better.

CSOD does more that your current system, and does it better than anyone else.

There is a case study on us on the CSOD website or social media that will best anser this question. That said, CSOD has allowed us to implement and standardize our entire HCM process. From paper and chaos - to easlity accessable documentation, graphical representation, we (HR) have been able to move away from just facilitating a process to supporting the EE and the Managers for increased engagement. Thank you CSOD.

Pros

Robust Capabilities, UIX, Customization is easy out of the box using onboard tools, eliminating the need to design engineers. Implementation is never easy, but with CSOD we had endless support, that stayed with us until the job was done to our satisfaction. I cannot ask for more than that.

Cons

Because of its ability to do just about anything there are a lot of little buttons in the background. Switched that have to be set or configured just right. A Lot of moving parts. This can be overwhelming for some admins, but that is the price you have to pay to get a UIX that is easy on the user. If it was easy to admin, the user experience would be less that it is, and for me the user experience ultimately determines success, not the admin.

An enhanced LMS for the new century customers...

Overall experience with Cornerstone On Demand is very good and positive. It has a positive impact on the Return on Investment and meets most of the business objectives. I highly recommend the solution.

Pros

Cornerstone OnDemand - It's a complete HCM Suite including an advanced Learning Management System. Most admirable features are: - Learning Admin Console enhancements - Edge Import - Reporting 2.0 - Integration feasibility

Cons

Customer support is not up-to the mark. The response time and the resolving time for any tickets will take lot of time. Otherwise the product is a complete solution for any type of industry.

Cornerstone, prioritizing the customer

If you are looking for a system with an active community willing to help other companies this is the perfect product for you. Cornerstone holds a user group meeting every quarter in major cities which gives an opportunity to network with other companies and help each other how with challenges you are currently fixing. During these meetings we receive live training and a walk through of what other features will be developed in the future.

Pros

A major pro is the customer service that cornerstone provides. They have rapidly developed how they consume cases in order to provide timely responses. They also provide in-depth documentation, webcasts, beta groups and live trainings around every release cycle of new features. Cornerstone really allows the clients to drive the future of their system.

Cons

I wish their was more opportunities for customization. For example you are able to create custom pages but you are restricted to Cornerstone's layout and HTML/CSS scripting.

Cornerstone OnDemand is my new best friend

Pros

Cornerstone OnDemand is a great product to use for learning. The specific way I use the product at this time is to deliver, track, and record keep all the compliance training that is provided to each employee. The new Reporting 2.0 tool has an amazing functionality called Exception Reporting. This allows you to ensure that all persons required to take a training have in fact been assigned the training....

Cons

I don't like that when you 'page back' you have to re-enter your criteria. It would be great to be able to go back one page and have your selections be there and not have to start over. I'm sure they are working on a fix though.

GOOD FEELING BUT MUCH TO LEARN

Its a great company. When you contract with them you kno that you have choose a god selection. The changes at the new releases, the support and different csod actions give good feelings to the customers.

Pros

LMS module its the more complete and it have new features each release. Rest of modules are quite good, maybe performance are also complete but not to much flexible.

Cons

Recruiting module news integrate all his parts. candidates admin, requisitions admin, recruiters screens are different and not to much intuitive. I would like to have news at this module in New releases.

A quality LMS and performance management product

I've been an administrator for Cornerstone (CSOD) for about 2 years now. We use the Learning and Connect modules and we have added Observation Checklists from the Performance module. I've previously managed 5 other LMSs in both corporate and education settings. I can honestly say that CSOD is one of my favorites, however, it's not without frustrations at times. Pros: -There's been little to no...

Cons

We have come a long way.

We have seen Cornerstone make improvements in the time that we have been with them. Our team have been self taught for the most part. Fewer tickets have been submitted. We have discovered opportunities that we would like to explore and use the system to its fullest potential.

Pros

The Performance and learning modules are used the most and we were able to accomplish what we needed as we switched from a different deliverable.

Cons

Some pieces within the modules do not have the same behavior across the board which can make it very frustrating at times.

Hi Elisha, thank you very much for your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you have Learning and Performance, which is a powerful duo to help foster employee engagement & development. I hope you've enjoyed the community and resources within the Cornerstone Success Center. We would love to support your team, if you would like speak to a live person, I encourage you to join the Client Success Office Hours, to continue expanding your knowledge. Thank you for being a customer!

CSOD Review

We have been working with CSOD for almost two years. Of all the modules CSOD has to offer, the LMS is probably the best. CSOD offers some great resources to get your questions answered however, their Global Product Support for more technical questions/issues is terrible. They have made an effort to improve that team recently however, it has a long way to go. I mentioned it above in the cons section - if you plan on using multiple modules be aware that each module seems to have been developed in a silo effort & there is no consistency throughout.

Pros

1. Quarterly releases with a transparent road map 2. Offers a Client Portal to connect, ask questions & make suggestions, which actually gets used & is useful 3. Scheduled down times are limited 4. Recent updates have added a more modern UI/UX

Cons

1. Global Product Support 2. Global Product Support 3. Global Product Support 4. If you plan on using CSOD's other modules (e.g. Performance, ATS, etc) keep in mind that there is no consistency & the UI/UX will be different depending on where the user is in the system. Although you cannot consider this a con of their LMS.

Easy to use for the Learner and Administrator

The best part of the product is reporting functionality. I love the custom reporting function that allows me to gather and analyze specific data. It is easy to organize my reports and run them time and again. I also love that it has the ability to send my reports directly to my e-mail. The reporting has been especially helpful for when auditors request training records and managers need full reports...

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.