All categories

Cornerstone LMS

The #1 learning solution in the world. Ask the experts.

Cornerstone LMS Reviews - Page 5

Cornerstone On Demand

Our company has been using the service for approximately one year. I know it has great features and functionality but we are not utilizing them due to manpower issues.

Pros

great interface, nice reporting features

Cons

requires lots of admins

Can be tricky to use; Very customizable for our needs

Our company has been successfully using the LMS for about 4 years and have always been able to address our training needs with this tool. The emails that come from the system can be customized in any number of ways - which nice but can be tricky. Some of the back end buttons and boxes are not always intuitive and user friendly (which makes it tricky), but the Global Product Support team has always been patient and helpful with my questions. In addition, they are in the process of revamping the user interface of the entire learning cloud. This has done wonders to make the back end setting options easier to navigate. Overall, I would say it meets our LMS needs very well!

Very Satisfied with the Product

This is my first time using a Talent Management System, and I must say that I have been very impressed with Cornerstone. Our company went live with the LMS in December 2014 and ATS in June 2015. The system is easy to use and always improving. Cornerstone provides so many training resources and materials for both the administrator and end-user. In addition, we've been assigned a fantastic CSM who has been so helpful and dedicated along the way. I've really enjoyed my experience with CSOD and can honestly say that using them has been a great improvement for our Talent Management department and our company. I look forward to new changes and enhancements in 2016!

cornerstone

Pros

I like the how it helps me learn new skills and and new information through this platform. As a visual learner it can provide interactive options by answering quiz questions.

Cons

Sometimes the system is faulted by not showing a training task is completed; however, this only happened in one situation.

Decent product, but support was nonexistent

My former employer migrated to Cornerstone four years ago. I liken their product to being a customer of a cable company: once you are up and running, as long as nothing breaks or you don't need to change anything, the LMS itself is pretty good. However, if you need service, RUN AWAY. From our front-line client rep to our salesperson, CSOD staff either gave us the runaround or were totally unresponsive....

Easy to Learn

The course selection with the other vendors is rich and varied.

Pros

The help feature is specific to where you are in the system. It hones in on what you need when you need it.

Cons

At this point....nothing. I have encountered no issues or problems.

Great Solution

I have been working with the Cornerstone solution for almost 2 years now and have been "officially" in my role as an administrator for 5 months. Support from CSOD has been great when needed and the Client Success Center is a very valuable resource. Updates and patches to the system are often and on schedule and communication is well done to ensure we all know what is coming in each update/patch. CSOD has been receptive to suggestions made by us as well as others via the Client Success Center. CSOD really seems to be a company that wants to listen to their customers to help enhance the product to meet their needs better.

Easier than most

Pros: - Learner Emails are easy to setup - Security model is simplified - Transcript is simple to understand - Report engine is powerful and easy to use - Can Create custom pages - curricula as easy for learners - mobile friendly even before the app - Connect tool - Frequent releases and patches -Learning Calendar - Can call a rep or enter a ticket - Client Community - Webex integration - Dashboards Cons: - Content Publisher is a black hole - Akamai Refresh - Custom Reporting is not yet real-time - Releases and patches seem to come all the time - Cannot chat with a rep (Can call though) -

Cons

We are new to Cornerstone but I have been very impressed with what I have seen so far.

We recently purchased basically the entire Cornerstone suite of modules and are starting with implementation of the LMS. I have worked on other platforms before and by far Cornerstone is the most intuitive and easiest to use as an administrator. I don't need to be an expert in html or xml in order to have the system do what I need it to do, which I love. And if there is something that I DO need help with, the customer support from Cornerstone is OUTSTANDING. I cannot say enough about it. Friendly, available, and intelligent, I know that the answer to just about any question is just a quick phone call away!

System Good For End Users - Admins, Not So Much

We've had the learning module in place for two years, and generally it performs well. Pros Securities are very easy to set up and manage. Interface is completely configurable (which may be a con for some since it isn't exactly plug and play) Clean, easy to navigate interface that our end users report they appreciate Cons If you assign a curriculum to a user, and want to remove/unassign...

Cornerstone LMS - well worth looking at

The organization I work for has used Cornerstone for many years. The customer service is excellent and the engagement they encourage clients to have with other Cornerstone users shows the company walks their talk! At times the LMS can seem cumbersome; however, the initial time investment has helped us become more efficient in our learning and training goals over time. Again, their customer service is top notch and I have definitely utilized our client support specialist a number of times to help me through moments of challenge and frustration. Overall, I highly recommend all to consider Cornerstone!

Cons

Top notch LMS-Small firm treated like a large corporation

I have used different types of LMS in the past, but Cornerstone On-Demand is by far the lead dog. Its capabilities are boundless thus being customizable to fit your company needs. Aside from the product being a premier resource, CSOD's customer service is first class. They provide a wealth of online resources, access to 24/7 support teams and a dedicated Client Success Manager (CSM). I want to send a huge thank you to my CSM who works closely with our account. Her patience and understanding to meet the needs of a smaller client are what guided our partnership to be successful and still continues to be.

Cons

Good, but not great, replacement for SABA

Pros

Easier to find assigned training and track completion (including time spent/courses completed)

Cons

1. Issues with being assigned incorrect training and no good way of filtering out what is not needed. 2. Sometimes the system hangs when a new window pops up to display content (documents or video).

Doesn't seem like it was built for a modern user experience.

All of our goals and online learning opportunities are housed in Cornerstone so this is a benefit to our company.

Pros

I like what Cornerstone offers a portal for all our learning opportunities, transcripts, goals, helpful tutorials'all of which help us develop professionally within the company.

Cons

I am not a fan of the user experience. It is sluggish, not intuitive when trying to work on goals, and a lot of actions or desired "buttons" are too many clicks away in an unknown location.

Top notch LMS / TMS

I've been a Cornerstone admin for 5 years and find the Learning and Performance Clouds to be very easy to use. Enhancements are made via Quarterly Releases, and having the 'sandbox' portal to work in is terrific for test driving new features and creating documentation prior to rollout. Uploading online courses, videos, or documents is a breeze! Automating our Performance Review process has alleviated the need for managers to complete cumbersome Excel files. Robust email functionality let's you customize by learning object or proxy if needed. I highly recommend Cornerstone!

Cons

By far one of the best online LMS platforms with which I have ever worked

I have worked with some fairly cumbersome learning platforms before as well as those that are just plain hokey. This was smooth, easy to find when you had to "come back later" and well executed. I actually learned things that I still remember. I gave it 5 stars for Customer Service only because I assume that their CS would be as good as the rest of the site - actually I never needed to use their CS. Also my fiancee, the Training Manager for a major international organization, raves about Cornerstone compared to their last platform.

LMS Software

I highly recommend the LMS platform of Cornerstone. The platform is robust and offers a multitude of functionality. You're able to track and enter training data, offer eLearning, conduct webinars, set up instructor-led trainings, send personalized, automated emails, and store valuable documents (among many other things) for employee within the LMS system. It is very intuitive system from both a user perspective and an administrative perspective. I've used another LMS and prefer Cornerstone when comparing the two. Highly recommend!

Excellent Product for Compliance Training and End user Experience

Module implemented 5 years ago and used - to standarize how Learning is organized within company, - to track and manage compliance trainings - to provide a great end user experience (e-learning, self registration...) Pros: Compliance training tracking End user Self registration Specifics configurations within a SaaS system Vendor support (e-learning, Continuous improvement vision, Client Success Manager really available) Release each 3 months Mobile/Tablet Access Cons: Need Reports/Analytics improvement

Best in Class - User Friendly w/ Robust Admin Features

I have implemented/administered/used numerous LMS in the past. Cornerstone is head and shoulders above the rest. Many of the others require you to go back and "customize" (i.e. pay more money to the vendor) just to get the system to a usable state for your end users. Cornerstone gives admin 99% of the control you need to customize it in its entirety, eliminating that need. Great customer service. Great setup to connect clients to share best practices. Overall a great system to bring on board. Would strongly recommend.

Cons

The learning platform is great!

I have been using Cornerstone for 6 years and have found they have evolved into a fantastic learning platform. Using the product is user friendly and easy to understand. If you need help they have small video tutorials and the help area is also user friendly. Working in supporting the platform there are some things that are old or stagnent that runs alittle clunky and should be adjusted to their current state. I am certain things will get updated since there are quarterly roll-outs for making updates.

Complex System & Complex Implementation

This system is not ideal for smaller companies.

Pros

Cornerstone LMS provides many valuable tools and modules.

Cons

Cornerstone LMS is not at all easy to implement.

Happy customer

We started using cornerstone in 2014. This new lms came as a big relief from our previous one. I loved the reporting functionality. There are several things we use c- calculated fields and multi-mode custom reports to monitor our company's learning and development progress. One feature that I would like to see added - Preview link for all courses. Currently we make up the link and store in excel spreadsheet. Would be nice if the link is easily available.

Positive experience using Cornerstone LMS

Pros: -Very fast customer service - whenever you have a question someone is only a phone call away -Ample opportunities to learning how to further use the software - weekly webinars, phone calls, etc. -Overall a very easy to use software -Implementation from old LMS was seamless Cons: -At this time I do not know of a way for Cornerstone to email reports and dashboards to managers or to embed a report or dashboard into an individual's home screen.

Cons

I am a technical analyst for client admin using Cornerstone OnDemand

The system is pretty straightforward and allows clients flexibility to customize the product to fit their needs. Troubleshooting the portal is also straightforward and tools like online help and training on the product assist with helping the client. The main obstacle I have experience is the response time for items that require assistance from Global Support. The response time and access to techs is not a strong point.

Good but outdated

Cornerstone has several LMS systems out in the market and as one of the biggest players offers a lot of variety in terms of utilization as an LMS. However, because of this they mainly cater to larger organizations, and those who can generally provide an LMS admin. This is due to how long they have been in the market. Although they are creating new platforms for the emerging market *gamification, tracking, social media, etc* this has made it daunting for them to have support for their other platforms.

Pros

One of the largest players so a lot of experience. Knows the inside and out to creating a learning platform. Great for organizations that have been around for a few years.

Cons

Not much of a learning curve takes time to effective manage Require an LMS admin that most new LMS do not Very expensive, not good for small organizations.