All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Nectar Reviews

Pros

I love using Nectar to give praise to my colleagues. It's a great way to show some public appreciation, and I love that we can both get gift cards for participating.

Leah H.

Read the full review
It's cool to see the stories and examples that accompany the recognition between co-workers. Nectar is easy to use, and it's also a nice little motivator to earn yourself a little reward.

Teresa S.

Read the full review
Super easy to work with Nectar team to setup and implement their service. Employees love the customized swag and rewards that they can get.

Van G.

Read the full review

Cons

It's a bit confusing how the point system works (which points stay, which expire). The caveat is that I missed the kick-off meeting, so that may be user error.

Suneal R.

Read the full review
The fact that points expire at the end of the month has forced some on our team to quickly dump their points to other individuals before they lose them.

Chase H.

Read the full review
It seems that you can’t load the pages very quickly, not sure if that’s my problem or the software.

Zach S.

Team Builder

Excellent! Very simple resource for 360 team member recognition.

The software has provided us with a digital process for recognizing and rewarding team members, both from a manager level and and peer level.

Pros

Ease of use, robust functionality, cost, flexibility and excellent support. My team loves the ability to publicly recognize and reward other team members.

Cons

I actually haven't found a lot of negatives with the software. And the few times I have, the team at Nectar has been quick to resolve the concern and even, on several occasions, update the software to incorporate my suggested improvements.

User-friendly way to recognize others

We have been searching for over a year for a new recognition program/software, and this really does it all for us. It not only provides the platform to recognize people, but also the rewards behind it with the giftcards.

Pros

This is a very quick, user-friendly way to recognize members of your organization without it being a burdensome process. I like the hashtag options to associate the recognition with one of our company's core values as well.

Cons

Not really a NectarHR issue, but I wish it was more visible to our company. Unless you log into NectarHR, you're not seeing what people are being recognized for, which is part of the point. I think as a company we need to see if we can live-stream this on our employee-facing monitors around the office building, put it on our company's Intranet site, etc.

Hi Amy! Thanks for the feedback and we are glad you are enjoying it. We have built out the capability to show the recognition feed in your intranet. We will reach out to your administrator to see if we can get that implemented.

Easy to use, robust tools/products, and great platform for employee recognition

Pros

I've used other employee-recognition platforms in the past, and I've got to say that Nectar's is by far the best. The experience is intuitive, the platform is sleek and easy-to-use, and it has all of the features that one would want and need. It makes saying thanks to colleagues meaningful & more public (we all know we want that). Plus they include some awesome gifts, points, and swag that you can gift. And lastly, it's a great way to automated reminders for birthdays, work anniversaries, and events especially since I'm such a forgetful person. I highly recommend Nectar!

Cons

Really, there aren't any cons. Software is great!

review

I don't have anyting to say on this item

Pros

nice for being able to give shout outs to coworkers, nothing more I can say on this issue

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time, nothing more I can say at this time

Recognition made easy

It's so easy to use, and makes recognizing my team members painless and fast. I love getting reminders about the approaching end of recognition periods-- it's

Pros

It's easy to get caught up in our to-do list and not pause to acknowledge the great work our team members are doing; Nectar It's so easy to use, making recognition painless and fast. I love getting reminders about the approaching end of recognition periods.

Cons

I haven't noticed any cons in my experience so far.

Nectar Review

I have found my department and team to be in better spirits and more enthusiastic to volunteer and exceed expectations than in the past. I have had a good experience overall with Nectar. I know my coworkers and I are eager to work hard and do their best to get recognition over Nectar. I am excited to continue to use this to see a more long term affects like good work habits built over time or a higher volume of volunteers for difficult or more experienced tasks.

Pros

I found integrating this product into our department and business a very easy transition - my department understood and loving giving and receiving points immediately. I thought that the motivation and morale boost it brought with was very beneficial to keep up a high standard of work and collaboration. I found it very helpful to know why my coworkers were giving away points and the hashtag feature allows for that very easily. It is a fun way to better unify across departments. In the past - there was no simple way to thank others in different departments across our several office locations in the US. Now we can say thank you with the click of a button.

Cons

Although I have only used it for a few months, I haven't found anything inherently negative about this software or its use. One thing I don't like about the software is the limited amount of points I and my coworkers are allowed to give. I know it is probably just a difference in cost to up the amount of points employees are given each month but I always find my coworkers saying they wish they had...

Sweet Sweet Nectar!

It's been great. I sit across from the TV that displays the shoutouts and i enjoy reading them on a daily basis.

Pros

The site is easy to use and navigate! It's a fun way to shoutout co-workers and they can earn rewards for doing a great job.

Cons

Nothing yet. Everything is working just the way we want it.

Great Quality

So far it's been great! I haven't run into any problems yet and so I am very excited to learn more about the software!

Pros

I like the amount of access it has to different features such as discounts/coupons, being able to give coins to co workers when I feel they've gone the extra mile and see their uplifting comments as well.

Cons

I don't think I've used Nectar long enough to know the cons of using it yet, so I can't give my opinion on it yet.

Good experience so far

Pros

Especially in times of social distancing, we found that we'd lost some team cohesion with everyone not seeing each other every day. It's been great to bring Nectar in so we can recognize a lot of the great work that gets done but that may go unnoticed.

Cons

haven't run into any issues so far. it's a good user experience

Solution for remote staff

Nectar has been great. I am excited to see how this software continues to to transform our organization.

Pros

Since COVID-19 has forced our staff to go remote, we've been looking for a solution to keep our team connected and Nectar has risen to the job marvelously. I especially appreciate the full transparency of being able to see other team members being recognized as well!

Cons

There have been some weird errors from time to time.

Nectar Review

Nectar has been wonderful and I am excited to use this on a daily basis. Sometimes a "thank you" just isn't enough and this is a way to award points for employees to use to purchase gift cards and who doesn't like a gift card? It makes everyone feel more appreciated and more valued at their jobs and it also makes the employees want to work hard to achieve these points. The best thing is it's so simple and doesn't take time out of an already busy day to do.

Pros

This software has been wonderful. I have been with this company for 15 years and this is the BEST award program we have ever had. It's such an easy way to recognize co workers who have gone above and beyond their normal job. It's so simple and takes literally a few minutes to award points to a fellow team member. Our old system was more cumbersome and many people wouldn't bother taking the time. Immediately I noticed people who didn't use the old system are using this one.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that each person needs to sign up individually and I notice that some co workers don't want to take that tiny effort to do so. I want to award points to a few individuals but if they haven't signed up I can't do that. Not really a problem with software exactly but it's the only thing I don't like.

Fantastic for building comraderie

Pros

Nectar HR encourages and provides us with an easy way to recognize our various team members for their accomplishments, whether it be something big - like finishing a project ahead of schedule - or small - like reviewing a PowerPoint before a presentation. We use Nectar constantly, and being able to see all of the recognition and shout outs that our team members get - especially across disparate departments - gives us all more visibility into the good that is being done constantly, and, more than anything else we've implemented, is helping to build and foster a positive culture of familiarity and friendliness throughout the company

Cons

This is pretty trivial, but I can't use more than one '+' in a single statement.

Sweet Nectar of Life!

I've been pleasantly surprised of how easy Nectar has been. In the past I'd have to go through a lengthy process to get budget approved and funds released, just to go buy something tangible to have on hand to give out to the team. Nectar has allowed me to simplify that process and assign the reward to my rep and then they can go apply those rewards to a plethora of options.

Pros

Nectar makes it easy to incentivize your team while giving them plenty of options to choose from.

Cons

To date, I haven't had any issues with the product or Nectar team.

Recognizing and Rewarding Employees

Pros

Nectar provides an easy-to-use platform for our employees to give and receive recognition for the great things they do. It is an easy way to boost morale and give praise for the day-to-day positive actions that sometimes go unrecognized. The entire organization can be involved and benefit from it, from executive leadership to the employees they oversee. Nectar also has great options to cash in the recognition points employees have received for a wide variety of rewards. The Nectar team is easy to work with and continuously innovating.

Cons

Nectar is constantly innovating and coming up with new features all the time. This is a great thing, but it also means we sometimes have to wait to roll out awesome new features that are still in development.

Your Cultural Software

Pros

Nectar HR is an easy to use software that has greatly impacted the culture of our company. Being able to recognize certain individuals for outstanding work all the while enjoying company perks. It has been a phenomenal tool for savings as we go out to eat as a team and even more so for our team activities. Nectar HR is a MUST HAVE to strengthen your works culture!

Cons

After sitting here attempting to think up a con, I realized that I can't. For every idea that I had, I would double-check the capability of the software and found that you can do those things. No con's from me.

Easy to Use & Implement

Pros

I like that the first time I logged in, I could already easily use it. I was sending cheers to peers within second. I also like that I can flag specific types of props with ease.

Cons

I wish there were some more reporting features; or if there are, I could find some sort of training on how to use.

Nectar is a Sweet Platform for Employee Recognition!

Experience has been great. We're already building a culture of recognition and reward using Nectar at our company.

Pros

The use case is the best part of this software. When Nectar was rolled out, everyone at the company was stoked about the idea of recognizing other people for their hard work. I can't say enough about how good of an idea this is. Also, the interface for giving points and recognition is way easy and intuitive to ease. Also I'm very happy with the customer support. I ran into an issue with the initial signup link, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in support reached out to me about before I even reached out to anyone in Nectar about it.

Cons

I've been using the product for 3 weeks and I only just now figured out how to see all the recognitions I've been given. I can view it now, but finding that part of the interface wasn't very intuitive. I'd recommend putting a "My Recognitions" sub-tab under the "Recognitions" tab. Maybe another sub-tab for the recognitions I've given.

Sweet like Nectar!

I love that when I am wanting to do a date night, I can go here to find a bunch of different options that aren't gonna break the bank! Also, I've never been one to "show off" my work...but it's so nice when recognition comes completely organically from others who appreciate the work that I put in! Goes a long way in creating a great culture here at Dental Intelligence!

Pros

Not in any particular order: - Perks perks perks, including the e-gift cards! - Peer to peer recognition - Employee feedback/ENPS

Cons

Sometimes employees still don't recognize the app and the perk that I'm attempting to redeem. But this seems to be only with new employees who haven't been exposed yet to the perk.

Give Props, Get Recognized, Earn Rewards. Brilliant!

My experience has been good so far but I want more recognition. Maybe I can start being a little passive aggressive. Haha

Pros

This software is awesome because you can show appreciation for your colleagues in a forum for all to see. They get rewarded and appreciate it. It's also cool because when you've just been handling and working on so much it can wear you down and you don't feel appreciated but then suddenly you receive points and recognition which really helps .

Cons

Going above and beyond only to get no points or recognition from the person you helped. However, that's more of a people problem, not so much an issue with the app. Maybe there can be a feature implemented in the future to where this is integrated with other tools so it's a constant reminder for the colleagues we're working with and they don't have to visit another medium with different authentication yada yada, because people like simple. Not necessarily a flaw but maybe a good update for the future.

Super Easy and Intuitive

My organization us using Nectar as a peer recognition program. It has REALLY simplified the recognition process and I believe will greatly increase the expression of peer appreciation overall. It also provides a tangible token of that appreciation for each individual being recognized which has not always been the case with other programs we have used.

Pros

The Nectar software is super easy to use. It is very intuitive, all pertinent info is visible, accessible and understandable. The available rewards offer something for everyone and give each person the opportunity to cash their points in for something that is most valuable to them taking the pressure off of the person expressing appreciation or the organization.

Cons

It is not possible to see the dollar value of a reward until you have banked enough points to qualify for that reward. This makes it difficult to know if you want to continue to bank points so you can qualify for the higher point value reward or just spend your reward points right away.

End User Review of Nectar

Overall the product provides a good lift in company culture in the correct direction where people are being recognized for doing things that might not be apart of their job description and it prevents having to chat with management about expensing a gift or something of that nature. I would recommend anyone looking to improve company culture and bring more awareness to those that might be wearing more than one hat.

Pros

I've been using Nectar for about a month and it makes it super easy to give a little something to my colleagues and others that I work with. It's super fun to see who is getting recognized for their efforts that might be outside their normal job function.

Cons

There are a few things that make it a little hard to use. There's not an easy way to find a specific person and see how they are doing. You will have to scroll through the page to find someone that has given them points in the past to track and see how they are doing. It's a pretty simple interface so there's not a lot to interact with.

Great motivator!

Pros

Maximizes teamwork with positive recognition, motivates employees and allows everyone to recognize fellow employees for outstanding service.

Cons

Somewhat difficult to navigate and easier to use web interface rather than app.

Social Recognition FTW

Our company has been using it to allow employees to give kudos to recognize efforts within the company. Each employee gets an allotment of points to give away. Managers get a bigger allotment. Those points expire at the end of the month, so we're encouraged to look for peers putting in effort and to recognize that effort.

Pros

I love the social recognition feature of the app. I feel like it has boosted morale and our team spirit as there has been inter- and intra-team recognition for efforts within the company.

Cons

The biggest con for me currently is the lack of a mobile app. The website isn't very mobile friendly as of yet.

Nectar Review

Given that I was originally charged with coming up with an Employee Recognition Platform for our company, I feel I have a real understanding of the competition out there. Hands down this is the easiest platform and greatest value! The team is very responsive to questions.

Pros

I love how easy and intuitive the program is.

Cons

Not all employees have signed up yet. I know you give an incentive to sign-up, but apparently at our company more is needed. With that said, it has only been introduced to the company as a whole one time. Maybe additional communication with employees? Just a thought....

Nectar HR

I have received and given points to my colleagues and manager. It is fun to talk about at work and think about ways we can use our points.

Pros

It is good to be able to recognize your colleagues and reward them with points they can use to redeem for rewards. It allows you to tell your colleagues why you are recognizing them and while you get a specific allocation of points to award you can also use your own points to sweeten the recognition if you want. Managers also extra points they can use to reward employees which is also nice when you receive recognition from your manager for the work you are doing.

Cons

Points to not carry over so if you forget to use your points you lose them. I understand why it works that way as they want you to consistently use the points but maybe they could have a 5 to 10 day grace period before the points expire in case you get super busy with a release at the end of then month.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.