Nectar Reviews

Nectar

Employee recognition, feedback and rewards platform for SMBs

4.78/5 (79 reviews)

Pros
  • It's cool to see the stories and examples that accompany the recognition between co-workers. Nectar is easy to use, and it's also a nice little motivator to earn yourself a little reward.Teresa S.Read the full review
  • Super easy to work with Nectar team to setup and implement their service. Employees love the customized swag and rewards that they can get.Van G.Read the full review
  • I love how simple and efficient it is to help reward employees in real time. Feedback is instant between colleagues or managers alike and is a great tool to recognize and uplift others.Kristen S.Read the full review
Cons
  • It's a bit confusing how the point system works (which points stay, which expire). The caveat is that I missed the kick-off meeting, so that may be user error.Suneal R.Read the full review
  • The fact that points expire at the end of the month has forced some on our team to quickly dump their points to other individuals before they lose them.Chase H.Read the full review
  • It seems that you can’t load the pages very quickly, not sure if that’s my problem or the software.Zach S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Sean Oliver

Excellent! Very simple resource for 360 team member recognition.

Reviewed 2019-12-13

The software has provided us with a digital process for recognizing and rewarding team members, both from a manager level and and peer level.

Pros
Ease of use, robust functionality, cost, flexibility and excellent support. My team loves the ability to publicly recognize and reward other team members.

Cons
I actually haven't found a lot of negatives with the software. And the few times I have, the team at Nectar has been quick to resolve the concern and even, on several occasions, update the software to incorporate my suggested improvements.

Amy Clausen

Nectar Review

Reviewed 2020-01-30

Nectar has been wonderful and I am excited to use this on a daily basis. Sometimes a "thank you" just isn't enough and this is a way to award points for employees to use to purchase gift cards and who doesn't like a gift card? It makes everyone feel more appreciated and more valued at their jobs and it also makes the employees want to work hard to achieve these points. The best thing is it's so simple and doesn't take time out of an already busy day to do.

Pros
This software has been wonderful. I have been with this company for 15 years and this is the BEST award program we have ever had. It's such an easy way to recognize co workers who have gone above and beyond their normal job. It's so simple and takes literally a few minutes to award points to a fellow team member. Our old system was more cumbersome and many people wouldn't bother taking the time. Immediately I noticed people who didn't use the old system are using this one.

Cons
The only thing I don't like is that each person needs to sign up individually and I notice that some co workers don't want to take that tiny effort to do so. I want to award points to a few individuals but if they haven't signed up I can't do that. Not really a problem with software exactly but it's the only thing I don't like.

Chad Lines

Fantastic for building comraderie

Reviewed 2020-01-29

Pros
Nectar HR encourages and provides us with an easy way to recognize our various team members for their accomplishments, whether it be something big - like finishing a project ahead of schedule - or small - like reviewing a PowerPoint before a presentation. We use Nectar constantly, and being able to see all of the recognition and shout outs that our team members get - especially across disparate departments - gives us all more visibility into the good that is being done constantly, and, more than anything else we've implemented, is helping to build and foster a positive culture of familiarity and friendliness throughout the company

Cons
This is pretty trivial, but I can't use more than one '+' in a single statement.

Ashley Larsen

Great motivator!

Reviewed 2020-02-19

Pros
Maximizes teamwork with positive recognition, motivates employees and allows everyone to recognize fellow employees for outstanding service.

Cons
Somewhat difficult to navigate and easier to use web interface rather than app.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

scott mark

Sweet Nectar of Life!

Reviewed 2020-02-20

I've been pleasantly surprised of how easy Nectar has been. In the past I'd have to go through a lengthy process to get budget approved and funds released, just to go buy something tangible to have on hand to give out to the team. Nectar has allowed me to simplify that process and assign the reward to my rep and then they can go apply those rewards to a plethora of options.

Pros
Nectar makes it easy to incentivize your team while giving them plenty of options to choose from.

Cons
To date, I haven't had any issues with the product or Nectar team.

Sadie Waters

Recognizing and Rewarding Employees

Reviewed 2020-02-19

Pros
Nectar provides an easy-to-use platform for our employees to give and receive recognition for the great things they do. It is an easy way to boost morale and give praise for the day-to-day positive actions that sometimes go unrecognized. The entire organization can be involved and benefit from it, from executive leadership to the employees they oversee. Nectar also has great options to cash in the recognition points employees have received for a wide variety of rewards. The Nectar team is easy to work with and continuously innovating.

Cons
Nectar is constantly innovating and coming up with new features all the time. This is a great thing, but it also means we sometimes have to wait to roll out awesome new features that are still in development.

Riley Beck

Your Cultural Software

Reviewed 2020-01-31

Pros
Nectar HR is an easy to use software that has greatly impacted the culture of our company. Being able to recognize certain individuals for outstanding work all the while enjoying company perks. It has been a phenomenal tool for savings as we go out to eat as a team and even more so for our team activities. Nectar HR is a MUST HAVE to strengthen your works culture!

Cons
After sitting here attempting to think up a con, I realized that I can't. For every idea that I had, I would double-check the capability of the software and found that you can do those things. No con's from me.

Alexander Gillie

Nectar is a Sweet Platform for Employee Recognition!

Reviewed 2020-03-04

Experience has been great. We're already building a culture of recognition and reward using Nectar at our company.

Pros
The use case is the best part of this software. When Nectar was rolled out, everyone at the company was stoked about the idea of recognizing other people for their hard work. I can't say enough about how good of an idea this is. Also, the interface for giving points and recognition is way easy and intuitive to ease. Also I'm very happy with the customer support. I ran into an issue with the initial signup link, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in support reached out to me about before I even reached out to anyone in Nectar about it.

Cons
I've been using the product for 3 weeks and I only just now figured out how to see all the recognitions I've been given. I can view it now, but finding that part of the interface wasn't very intuitive. I'd recommend putting a "My Recognitions" sub-tab under the "Recognitions" tab. Maybe another sub-tab for the recognitions I've given.

Tyler Johnson

Sweet like Nectar!

Reviewed 2020-01-27

I love that when I am wanting to do a date night, I can go here to find a bunch of different options that aren't gonna break the bank! Also, I've never been one to "show off" my work...but it's so nice when recognition comes completely organically from others who appreciate the work that I put in! Goes a long way in creating a great culture here at Dental Intelligence!

Pros
Not in any particular order: - Perks perks perks, including the e-gift cards! - Peer to peer recognition - Employee feedback/ENPS

Cons
Sometimes employees still don't recognize the app and the perk that I'm attempting to redeem. But this seems to be only with new employees who haven't been exposed yet to the perk.

Lynnette Moore, PHR, SHRM-CP

Great for promoting employee recognition!

Reviewed 2020-01-27

I wanted employees to have some autonomy in being able to say thank you or recognize the people they work with every day that was simple, yet impactful. The program has been a success so far!

Pros
The software makes it easy for all employees to quickly give recognition to other employees. It allows them to manage their own points and give a little extra to their thank you. I like that everyone can see the recognition posts, like, comment, or even add on to the amounts.

Cons
The only issue we had was when employees were setting up their accounts and they tried to use Internet Explorer and ran into issues. Once we learned that IE was no longer supported, we have had no issues.

Amy Schlangen

User-friendly way to recognize others

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-03-04

We have been searching for over a year for a new recognition program/software, and this really does it all for us. It not only provides the platform to recognize people, but also the rewards behind it with the giftcards.

Pros
This is a very quick, user-friendly way to recognize members of your organization without it being a burdensome process. I like the hashtag options to associate the recognition with one of our company's core values as well.

Cons
Not really a NectarHR issue, but I wish it was more visible to our company. Unless you log into NectarHR, you're not seeing what people are being recognized for, which is part of the point. I think as a company we need to see if we can live-stream this on our employee-facing monitors around the office building, put it on our company's Intranet site, etc.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Malik Gore

Give Props, Get Recognized, Earn Rewards. Brilliant!

Reviewed 2020-03-04

My experience has been good so far but I want more recognition. Maybe I can start being a little passive aggressive. Haha

Pros
This software is awesome because you can show appreciation for your colleagues in a forum for all to see. They get rewarded and appreciate it. It's also cool because when you've just been handling and working on so much it can wear you down and you don't feel appreciated but then suddenly you receive points and recognition which really helps .

Cons
Going above and beyond only to get no points or recognition from the person you helped. However, that's more of a people problem, not so much an issue with the app. Maybe there can be a feature implemented in the future to where this is integrated with other tools so it's a constant reminder for the colleagues we're working with and they don't have to visit another medium with different authentication yada yada, because people like simple. Not necessarily a flaw but maybe a good update for the future.

Anonymous

End User Review of Nectar

Reviewed 2020-03-13

Overall the product provides a good lift in company culture in the correct direction where people are being recognized for doing things that might not be apart of their job description and it prevents having to chat with management about expensing a gift or something of that nature. I would recommend anyone looking to improve company culture and bring more awareness to those that might be wearing more than one hat.

Pros
I've been using Nectar for about a month and it makes it super easy to give a little something to my colleagues and others that I work with. It's super fun to see who is getting recognized for their efforts that might be outside their normal job function.

Cons
There are a few things that make it a little hard to use. There's not an easy way to find a specific person and see how they are doing. You will have to scroll through the page to find someone that has given them points in the past to track and see how they are doing. It's a pretty simple interface so there's not a lot to interact with.

Jeremiah Johnson

Social Recognition FTW

Reviewed 2020-02-19

Our company has been using it to allow employees to give kudos to recognize efforts within the company. Each employee gets an allotment of points to give away. Managers get a bigger allotment. Those points expire at the end of the month, so we're encouraged to look for peers putting in effort and to recognize that effort.

Pros
I love the social recognition feature of the app. I feel like it has boosted morale and our team spirit as there has been inter- and intra-team recognition for efforts within the company.

Cons
The biggest con for me currently is the lack of a mobile app. The website isn't very mobile friendly as of yet.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Marnee Povitz

Nectar Review

Reviewed 2020-01-30

Given that I was originally charged with coming up with an Employee Recognition Platform for our company, I feel I have a real understanding of the competition out there. Hands down this is the easiest platform and greatest value! The team is very responsive to questions.

Pros
I love how easy and intuitive the program is.

Cons
Not all employees have signed up yet. I know you give an incentive to sign-up, but apparently at our company more is needed. With that said, it has only been introduced to the company as a whole one time. Maybe additional communication with employees? Just a thought....

Robert Rushton

Nectar HR

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-03-05

I have received and given points to my colleagues and manager. It is fun to talk about at work and think about ways we can use our points.

Pros
It is good to be able to recognize your colleagues and reward them with points they can use to redeem for rewards. It allows you to tell your colleagues why you are recognizing them and while you get a specific allocation of points to award you can also use your own points to sweeten the recognition if you want. Managers also extra points they can use to reward employees which is also nice when you receive recognition from your manager for the work you are doing.

Cons
Points to not carry over so if you forget to use your points you lose them. I understand why it works that way as they want you to consistently use the points but maybe they could have a 5 to 10 day grace period before the points expire in case you get super busy with a release at the end of then month.

Paul Gagliardi

Alignment

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-01-26

Like I stated, I'm moving about 15 departments to this product, so I can have everyone aligned with the company Initiatives. Sales, Service Center, Specialty, PrescribeWellness, Compounding, shipping, packaging, pharmacist, retail, licensing, regulatory, URAC etc. My overall experience has been fantastic. I love the team, their passion & excitement.

Pros
I'm excited to get all employees aligned with the company Initiatives and recognizing them for having done so. Ive enjoyed seeing the product evolve and enjoy reading the comments from all employees. I also find it involves everyone on the team, not just management. Very satisfying..

Cons
If leaders don't use all their monthly allotments, do they lose them??? I love the new set up andhave enjoyed working with this group since day one. Good people, doing great things

Michael Martinez

Nectar makes rewards and recognition fun and simple!

Reviewed 2020-03-21

I’ve ordered gift cards, distributed points, and ordered company swag using Nectar and they make it super simple. I lobe hopping and seeing what recognitions are happening and surprising my co-workers with recognitions of my own.

Pros
The ease of use, whether I want to recognize a co-worker with points, or shop the Nectar site for gift cards and company swag. Everything is at my fingertips in an easy to use platform.

Cons
To be honest, I cannot think of anything I don’t like.

Dondi Molesworth

Give Some Nectar

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2020-03-06

This is the best program I’ve ever worked with in an office. I believe it would have a bigger impact, if you were given a higher number of points to share with others. The $5.00 a month doesn’t go very far. Honestly, I’m so impressed with this program and highly recommend it to any company.😊

Pros
Nectar builds enthusiasm, confidence and boosts the moral in the office. I appreciate the positive reinforcement of praise given and received. It’s great to reward your co-workers or boss with points. Nectar had the best collection of gift cards that you may choose from.

Cons
It’s a little tricky trying to get on the website at times.

Chase Harrison

Pleasantly surprised at our team's adoption

Reviewed 2020-02-02

Overall, quite positive. I was not expecting our team to adopt it into our culture as rapidly has they have.

Pros
Nectar HR is a great, easy to use, platform that allows our team to recognize other individuals within our organization for outstanding service and performance. It has quickly become a positive talking point amongst our associates, and has actually provided motivation for the team to go out of their way to help one another.

Cons
I haven't found really anything negative to say about the platform. The fact that points expire at the end of the month has forced some on our team to quickly dump their points to other individuals before they lose them. I would love for an alternative way to provide motivation for our team to be distributing their points throughout the month.

Tim Jensen

TruAudio Loves Nectar

Reviewed 2020-01-27

Pros
Nectar has helped build a friendly/supportive work atmosphere by giving employees the ability to go the extra mile in showing appreciation. From little to big things it is an awesome tool to help build team chemistry. Even without the awesome perks/rewards this software would be worthy to have for any company.

Cons
I can't think of anything I do not like about Nectar.

Valerie Wolter

Recognition made easy

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2020-03-04

It's so easy to use, and makes recognizing my team members painless and fast. I love getting reminders about the approaching end of recognition periods-- it's

Pros
It's easy to get caught up in our to-do list and not pause to acknowledge the great work our team members are doing; Nectar It's so easy to use, making recognition painless and fast. I love getting reminders about the approaching end of recognition periods.

Cons
I haven't noticed any cons in my experience so far.

Ryan Butler

A great team motivator

Reviewed 2020-03-20

Pros
We've been using Nectar over a year now, I can say it's honestly the only way to motivate a sales team for spiffs and team competitions. I like how easy it is to use and the ability we have to be creative in what we spiff on.

Cons
The software can be a bit janky overall. There are a few bugs that need to be ironed out.

Emily Cogburn

Outstanding product to motivate and outstanding team!

Reviewed 2019-12-04

Pros
The design, user friendliness and creativity is very impressive. Our company highly values our employees and this platform produces an easy pipeline for showing them our appreciation with 'hard cash' (aka giftcards) to places they really enjoy. This platform disrupts employee perks and allows employees to have a say in what type of perks they prefer.

Cons
We've been using this platform the last few months and we haven't run into any major flaws-the Nectar team is more than accommodating and available for our questions. Being a tech company, we are really excited for the upcoming slack integration that will make my team more likely to use it on a regular basis!

Dan Richards

Nectar HR has been the way we high five in the office

Reviewed 2019-12-13

Better interdepartmental communication/recognition

Pros
Easy to use. We used it at launch for our Christmas bonuses, and people latched on right away!

Cons
Would like a little more insight as an admin in to who is doing what. (ie is there a group on employees that are just giving all their points to the same people)