Userlane Reviews

Daniel R.

Jovan M.

Support is a big thing at Userlane. Thanks for your great work.

Mira K.

Cons

The people building the userlanes are frustrated that failures are more easily identified and that the process to fix can at times be complicated to rectify and recreate the issue.

Evan B.

Markus M.

Markus M.

4.7

The best SaaS onboarding software on the market

It's been a very positive experience from the very first engagement with their team through to the monthly success calls I have with their team. After a short evaluation period with two other companies, it was obvious that Userlane were our best option for automating and speeding up user onboarding in our automotive management software. Not only is the software the best featured on the market, with...

Pros

Userlane is very well designed and the editor works with all browsers and is extremely user-friendly. We were able to build all of our guides after a couple of calls and new ones can be created extremely fast, and with multi-language capability. There wasn't a single occasion where a challenge presented wasn't solved (by their team) in an elegant fashion, allowing us to present an extremely professional...

Cons

There really hasn't been a single thing we've found yet that we didn't like. We wanted to have user-level analytics for every user taking one of our guides in the app, and while it doesn't exist, it's on their roadmap and due to be delivered this year, addressing that need for us. They even involved their UX team to reach out to me to get my feedback on how it should function! 🙌

Best Customer Service & People

Lovely. Would be nice if it had more feedback features or prompts

Pros

Simple ability to setup a userlane Ability to create Userlane Folders URL & filter based visibility options and rules

Cons

Thank you Evan for your frank and open feedback, it is highly appreciated. It's great to read that you appreciate the value the solution brings you through its simplicity and the impact our people have on it. The product is evolving and by the second half of the year you can expect abilities along the lines you've mentioned and more, I'm sure you'll love it as some of the aspects will touch your points regarding failures. Nevertheless, I'd love to hear more about this point and will contact you to see where we can further assist. Best, Itamar Freiman VP Customer Success

The line between great support and technical limitations

Since we're using the interactive tours in a very specific way, the guys from Userlane supported us at any time to access us all possibilities.

Pros

* Support is a big thing at Userlane! Thanks for your great work. * Easy use of the tool * Technical possibilities and support for unexpected difficulties

Cons

* Design Limitations * Analytics section needs improvement * Possibilities to include two different kind of media in one step

Thank you Mira for your frank feedback, it is highly appreciated. I'm thrilled to read your review and know that the combination of the ease of use of the system and the help our support provided empowered you to achieve your goals. You'll be happy to hear that the analytics section is getting revamped and many more additions to the solution will be added to the functionalities. Best, Itamar Freiman VP Customer Success

DB Cargo Review Userlane

Userlane is the perfect product for our customer onboarding as well as the support and keeps the customer posted trough the announcments functions. In any cases according the editing and problem handling Userlane supports the editors and admins.

Pros

intuitive to use and easy adoption, customer friendly design, continuously new feature (announcements, search function) dashboard functions are very helpful to see the customer experience

Cons

Currently the language English isn't working correctly in our portal, but the customer service is working on that issue

Thank you Milena for your frank feedback, it is highly appreciated. I am aware of the issue that you are facing and it is being reviewed and worked on by our engineers as you know. I'm happy to see that the reasons for choosing Userlane are being applied and showing success in that short period of time, due to the intuitiveness and strong feature set. We're excited to partner with you for the coming years and create more value for you and your organization. Best, Itamar Freiman VP Customer Success

Very powerful product

Creating a well-thought concept for guides might take a while, but the actual process of creating them is very efficient. There might be problematic steps here and there but it's fun to try to find the best way to make them work in the right context and with the right intent. We receive support and guidance always from the same customer success manager and she's doing a great job. She knows all the ins and outs and is basically part of our team. But if I had to single something out I would take the great respond time, which is a huge value to me and the whole company. Segmenting users and create contextual guides are great features. Users are not overwhelmed with information which is not relevant for their role or the context they're working on. Great user interface.

Pros

Userlane is a digital adoption platform that allowed us to install custom-made interactive walkthroughs on a whole platform with mutiple different software applications. I wasn't aware that such a solution existed until a few months ago when we looked for an onboarding tool and we decided to test Userlane on our SAP Fiori platform. I'm in charge of creating guides for employees in different departments...

Cons

It would be nice to have the opportunity to get all the analytics data on a excel sheet. Userlane mentioned they're currently working on it. Same goes for exporting all the content in pdf format. We had a problem once with a box blocking access to a menu. Userlane offers the opportunity to move boxes and speech-bubbles around if the system doesn't place them correctly. But in that specific case, every position was basically bad. We had to schedule a call with support to solve the problem. They showed us a workaround that eventually solved the issue. However, it could have saved us time if the workaround had been explained directly in the support documentation we researched.

Effective and easy to use onboarding software

Thanks to the Userlane tutorials our users have a perfect onboarding process in our software. This has helped us to improve the User Experience and significantly reduce the amount of customer support required. Working with the Userlane team has always been easy, fast and efficient.

Pros

Once the software was setup and running, I was able to manage the content of the tutorials easily myself and also add new steps in the guides any time. This way I do not depend on others to keep the content of our onboarding updated (only if complex features need to be developed). The backend is easy to use and offers sufficient customization features.

Cons

It's quite complicated to create or edit guides for a mobile software.

Thank you Daniel for your frank feedback, it is highly appreciated. I'm happy to see that Userlane provides a perfect onboarding experience for your users and that it is easy to create and maintain and that you always have us ready to assist. Best, Itamar Freiman VP Customer Success

it's fun to use!

It's fun working with the product AND their team.

Pros

It is pretty simple to get started with Userlane and you can quickly set up your first couple of tours. Once you got the basics down you can dive in even further and we are looking forward to implementing the super pro functionalities that Userlane offers.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about Userlane. It just takes a little bit of time to master it - which is also fun because their Customer Success Team is so awesome!

Thank you Thomas for your frank feedback, it is highly appreciated. I'm thrilled that you are able to grasp all the potential of the solution to achieve your needs through product accessibility and ease of use and that our CS organization is here for you to take you deeper when you need to achieve more complex outcomes. We're here and we'll keep it fun! Best, Itamar Freiman VP Customer Success Userlane

Great product to give users a first help and intro in software

i love the team and the support

Pros

easy implementation and great support from the userlane team

Cons

it takes time to setup a "userlane" in your software - strategic and procedural

Hello Daniel, Thank you for your frank feedback, it is highly appreciated. I'm happy to see that you find Userlane solution easy to implement, we work with our users as partners of ours, therefore your journey with us is a crucial part of how we see the value we provide. In regards to your additional point, strategic implementation of Userlane needs to be well thought as it will have an impact on the end-users experience. As in other strategic initiatives, preliminary steps have their importance and the required time may differ but is necessary to be invested to collect the desired value. We're happy to assist you with perspective and best practices. Best, Itamar Freiman VP Customer Success Userlane

Userlane works like magic!

It has been a great experience implementing Userlane in our software and working with the team at Userlane.

Pros

Userlane Editor is very well-designed and user-friendly. I like how quick and simple it is to record a tutorial - I only need to click what I want my end-users to go through and ta-da a tutorial is created! I also like that I can provide additional information to the users, link each step out to a relevant article in our Help Center, add images, GIFs, emoji to my tutorials making it much more friendly...

Cons

Not much so far. I did have lots of questions at the beginning but it's all like that when you implement a new tool - the support team is great though so this is not an issue at all. The Analytics could be improved but I know they have a plan to upgrade this feature.

Easy and effective

We've long wanted to increase self-service for training, and this is exactly the tool we need to do that. Now our challenge is mainly increasing adoption among our users, but Userlane is regularly developing useful tools to do that, such as promoting specific lessons and announcing updates through Userlane itself.

Pros

From a technical perspective, Userlane is very easy to work with. Our development team was able to add it to our product's UI quickly, and updating individual lessons or chapters is intuitive and immediate, without needing any additional help from the development team.

Cons

We don't have a huge number of users, and it's difficult to filter out internal users, which makes interpreting the usage analytics rather difficult.

Hello James, Thank you for your frank feedback, it is highly appreciated. It is always great to hear how the ease of use and intuitiveness of our solution made your work easier and empowered you to achieve your desired outcomes, without any overhead. In regards to your additional point, a revamp of the Analytics module is underwork and soon you will be able to benefit from it. Best, Itamar Freiman VP Customer Success Userlane

Once you get the hang of it, it's great!

Overall, I've really enjoyed Userlane! Our partners are always so excited to see that we have interactive tours available to them.

Pros

- At least at the start, we had a really responsive and helpful Customer Success person. Their team has also done a good job reaching out to us for feedback. - Once you get the hang of building lanes, it's pretty easy (and kind of fun)

Cons

- Our website had a handful of incompatibilities with Userlane that led to a need for creative workarounds, or resulted in errors. - Userlane reporting is in need of improvement (which is something I know they're working on)

Thank you Hannah for your frank feedback, it is highly appreciated. Hearing from you that your partners are excited about the interactive tours is what we strive for. This is great, the combination of the ease of use of the system and of our CS responsiveness empowered you to achieve your goals. You'll be happy to hear that the analytics section is getting revamped and many more additions to the solution will be added to the functionalities. As for the more complex parts we are always available to troubleshoot together. Best, Itamar Freiman VP Customer Success

Userlane is helping us to offer immediate and professional support to our customers.

Pros

We are especially enthusiastic about the focus on supporting start-ups in their founding phase. We are benefiting from the idea to help young companies that have not the resources and opportunities to fully support their new customers yet.

Cons

The implementation was at the first time challenging us a bit but not more than the first use of any other tool. After a while you get used to it and learn how to get the best overview of all functions and possibilities.

I highly recommend this in-app help to simplify user onboarding

- better user onboarding - more user engagement - higher conversion rate

Pros

- easy to install, implement and maintain - no technical hurdles - customizable - great customer support - regular releases of new features - great user experience - users get in-app interactive help on the spot - improves user engagement and user onboarding

Cons

- no pricing model for starters with only a few end-users - no downloadable analytics reports (but coming soon)

More than a Step-by-Step Guide

My overall experience is very positive; the people work hard and the product is great to use. It's easy to share and collaborate on the lanes and it is very user-friendly.

Pros

I really enjoyed how easy this product is to use; as soon as I had it running I was able to make my first lane relatively quickly. I also like how the style of the lanes are completely customisable and can be changed to match the style and feel of the company I work for. On top of the product being great, the people who work at Userlane are very nice and friendly, and have responded quickly to my questions. Every time I spoke to someone, they were extremely helpful and guided me in the right direction.

Cons

The only thing I would like is to be able to change the speed of the "Autofill" text, but I have already spoken with someone and they are looking into it.

Userlane is a great tool to guide users trough ones own website, for onboarding, etc.

Pros

It is really simple to use and one can implement userlanes without programming knowledge. The user experience is designed to be easy and could be described as the IPhone or IOS for onboarding.

Cons

Staying in the comparision to the IPhone and IOS. Userlane is easy to use but not everything is customisable - which it does not necessarily need. However the team is really helpful and listens to suggestions.

Very effective onboarding software for SaaS products

Powerful onboarding software which is actually very easy to use.

Pros

Very effective software for teams who want to accelerate their user onboarding. Well designed with good UX and UI. Helped us a lot in dealing with customer retention and user activation.

Cons

I'm very satisfied. The analytics section could be a little bit improved in a visual way.

User onboarding at its best

* excellent user onboarding * proactive communication * higher conversion rate * less support needed

Pros

* Easy to implement, started within a day on our live stage * Customizable * Excellent customer support * Regular updates with new features

Cons

* analytics reports could be downloadable * still waiting for promotion feature

Working with Userlane has been great. They are attentive and accomodating. Super!

Pros

It's easy to use and the UI was clean, modern and fit in with our own UI nicely. We have a multi-tasking B2B application and really needed this

Cons

I could be made clearer that the product is a moving clickable tutorial and does not travel around with you as you actually use the product

Great way to explain your SaaS product to your customers

happy customers and less support requests

Pros

Userlane is a clever way to guide your customers through your software. The integration is quickly done and you can immediately start using the software. It is easy to create userlanes and in most cases self explaining. If there is anything unclear, the support will help you out by mail or phone, what I consider as a big plus.

Cons

Although I can fully recommend this tool, in my opinion an autosave function would be great to avoid the loss of unsaved userlanes when clicking a wrong button.