Userlane Reviews

4.9/5 (10 reviews)

Alex Knight

The best SaaS onboarding software on the market

Reviewed 2019-06-14

It's been a very positive experience from the very first engagement with their team through to the monthly success calls I have with their team. After a short evaluation period with two other companies, it was obvious that Userlane were our best option for automating and speeding up user onboarding in our automotive management software. Not only is the software the best featured on the market, with elegant, simple solutions for multi-lingual guides and a very intuitive editor that coped with our complex software superbly, but they are also a fantastic group of people to deal with, always friendly, always listening, and genuinely committed to improving their product all the time by listening to customers. This is a rare thing to find in any company! From the moment we signed up, their team have been committed to helping us get the best out of their product, and through numerous remote meetings they have helped advise and build our on boarding guides, coping with whatever challenges have come their way from our solution. I can't recommend them highly enough; definitely one of the most innovative, elegant and simple solutions I've used in my 20 years in Marketing!

Pros
Userlane is very well designed and the editor works with all browsers and is extremely user-friendly. We were able to build all of our guides after a couple of calls and new ones can be created extremely fast, and with multi-language capability. There wasn't a single occasion where a challenge presented wasn't solved (by their team) in an elegant fashion, allowing us to present an extremely professional onboarding solution that looks like a part of our app to our enterprise clients. The analytics show you straight away where your guides are/aren't performing and where users are dropping out, allowing you to address the issues. Not only that, but they are also monitoring performance regularly and providing help, advice and feedback on how to best use the tool. We're also able to send out deep links via our support team to allow users to not only go to the right page in the app, but also to trigger a specific guide to help them, which is a great feature!

Cons
There really hasn't been a single thing we've found yet that we didn't like. We wanted to have user-level analytics for every user taking one of our guides in the app, and while it doesn't exist, it's on their roadmap and due to be delivered this year, addressing that need for us. They even involved their UX team to reach out to me to get my feedback on how it should function! 🙌

Linh Dory Nguyen

Userlane works like magic!

Reviewed 2019-05-10

It has been a great experience implementing Userlane in our software and working with the team at Userlane.

Pros
Userlane Editor is very well-designed and user-friendly. I like how quick and simple it is to record a tutorial - I only need to click what I want my end-users to go through and ta-da a tutorial is created! I also like that I can provide additional information to the users, link each step out to a relevant article in our Help Center, add images, GIFs, emoji to my tutorials making it much more friendly to the end-users. I can also preview the tutorial before publishing it. We are now using Userlane for our product releases, but will be using Userlanes for trial user, new user onboarding, and staff training as well. The Customer Success team is extremely friendly and very responsive. I can reach out to them via email or livechat and they are always happy to help. Big shout-out to executives who have been super responsive.

Cons
Not much so far. I did have lots of questions at the beginning but it's all like that when you implement a new tool - the support team is great though so this is not an issue at all. The Analytics could be improved but I know they have a plan to upgrade this feature.

Anika Vollmer

Userlane is helping us to offer immediate and professional support to our customers.

Reviewed 2018-01-22

Pros
We are especially enthusiastic about the focus on supporting start-ups in their founding phase. We are benefiting from the idea to help young companies that have not the resources and opportunities to fully support their new customers yet.

Cons
The implementation was at the first time challenging us a bit but not more than the first use of any other tool. After a while you get used to it and learn how to get the best overview of all functions and possibilities.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

I highly recommend this in-app help to simplify user onboarding

Reviewed 2017-10-06

- better user onboarding - more user engagement - higher conversion rate

Pros
- easy to install, implement and maintain - no technical hurdles - customizable - great customer support - regular releases of new features - great user experience - users get in-app interactive help on the spot - improves user engagement and user onboarding

Cons
- no pricing model for starters with only a few end-users - no downloadable analytics reports (but coming soon)

Ashley Bannon

More than a Step-by-Step Guide

Reviewed 2019-01-08

My overall experience is very positive; the people work hard and the product is great to use. It's easy to share and collaborate on the lanes and it is very user-friendly.

Pros
I really enjoyed how easy this product is to use; as soon as I had it running I was able to make my first lane relatively quickly. I also like how the style of the lanes are completely customisable and can be changed to match the style and feel of the company I work for. On top of the product being great, the people who work at Userlane are very nice and friendly, and have responded quickly to my questions. Every time I spoke to someone, they were extremely helpful and guided me in the right direction.

Cons
The only thing I would like is to be able to change the speed of the "Autofill" text, but I have already spoken with someone and they are looking into it.

Nicholas Krimmel

Userlane is a great tool to guide users trough ones own website, for onboarding, etc.

Reviewed 2018-03-28

Pros
It is really simple to use and one can implement userlanes without programming knowledge. The user experience is designed to be easy and could be described as the IPhone or IOS for onboarding.

Cons
Staying in the comparision to the IPhone and IOS. Userlane is easy to use but not everything is customisable - which it does not necessarily need. However the team is really helpful and listens to suggestions.

Jovan Miljevic

Very effective onboarding software for SaaS products

Reviewed 2019-10-30

Powerful onboarding software which is actually very easy to use.

Pros
Very effective software for teams who want to accelerate their user onboarding. Well designed with good UX and UI. Helped us a lot in dealing with customer retention and user activation.

Cons
I'm very satisfied. The analytics section could be a little bit improved in a visual way.

Lucas Petrich

User onboarding at its best

Reviewed 2019-08-26

* excellent user onboarding * proactive communication * higher conversion rate * less support needed

Pros
* Easy to implement, started within a day on our live stage * Customizable * Excellent customer support * Regular updates with new features

Cons
* analytics reports could be downloadable * still waiting for promotion feature

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Karen Adams

Working with Userlane has been great. They are attentive and accomodating. Super!

Reviewed 2018-06-20

Pros
It's easy to use and the UI was clean, modern and fit in with our own UI nicely. We have a multi-tasking B2B application and really needed this

Cons
I could be made clearer that the product is a moving clickable tutorial and does not travel around with you as you actually use the product

Sebastian Meier

Great way to explain your SaaS product to your customers

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-29

happy customers and less support requests

Pros
Userlane is a clever way to guide your customers through your software. The integration is quickly done and you can immediately start using the software. It is easy to create userlanes and in most cases self explaining. If there is anything unclear, the support will help you out by mail or phone, what I consider as a big plus.

Cons
Although I can fully recommend this tool, in my opinion an autosave function would be great to avoid the loss of unsaved userlanes when clicking a wrong button.