WorkBright Reviews

WorkBright

Online employee onboarding solution with paperless workflow

4.77/5 (92 reviews)

Pros
  • Thanks to the WorkBright team for always having my back and helping me feel confident and supported as I explore my new opportunity.Lissa W.Read the full review
  • The best part of this software is the user friendly platform. Our personalized forms can be uploaded and given to each employee as desired.Jane M.Read the full review
  • Overall it has been great. It was the best of its kind that I have used.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • Inability to have multiple seasons on the same account.Andrea W.Read the full review
  • Sometimes staff puts information in that is obviously wrong (current year for birth year) and only THEY can fix that.Hope C.Read the full review
  • Perhaps that we still keep all hard copies of I-9's in one binder so should there be a Department of Labor audit, we don't have two places to access I-9's (software AND HR office).Jane M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Stefanie Morgan

Best product, excellent customer service,

Reviewed 2017-11-02

Pros
The functionality, the flow, how easy it is to train new staff members on. The updates that happen to occur just as I am thinking...wouldn't it be cool if... Constantly improving the product without disrupting the flow. (that is HUGE)

Malyssa Maguire

Highly Recommend WorkBright

Reviewed 2020-02-18

With WorkBright, we have been able to make our onboarding processing more efficient and less time consuming for our new hires and rehires. The ability to easily add/remove forms from our onboarding paperwork is a huge feature and the option to assign forms to specific hire groups is also a great feature.

Pros
WorkBright is extremely user friendly and has met the majority of our needs in regards to new hires. Before implementing WorkBright, our organization did new hire paperwork they old fashion way with hard copies and it lead to a longer process and more room for errors. We highly recommend WorkBright!

Cons
The only minor con for our organization is that on the main staff page we would like to be able to see which supervisor the employee belongs to and be able to sort by that field. That would make contacting the supervisors and updating information much easier instead of having to click in to each individual employee to find that information.

Response from WorkBright

Dear Malyssa, we are so grateful for your kind words. We share all feedback in our company meetings including feature requests and this will be a great addition to add for future version improvements. Thanks for sharing you review with us and the community.

Donna Wilburn

Love WorkBright!

Reviewed 2020-04-29

I love the program, the staff and Team that I work with. I have nothing bad to say what so ever!

Pros
The ease of sending staff the required paperwork for onboarding and continuing training. The ease of speaking with the Team and getting assistance when needed.

Cons
I have the ability to go in to the forms and see who has not completed..say one of the test.. I have to go into each staff and resend/request resubmission instead of just clicking on the forms folder, selecting the ones that have not finished and do a Mass re-submit for those. I can click on them but there is not an option to -resubmit from the form sectionin itself.

Gina Topley

Not my favorite but well-designed

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-09-23
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The number one pro I’ve found after trying this product is the efficiency and streamlining of documents and the in’s boarding process overall. While you can’t request a free trial of this software they do offer a demo.

Cons
This is a pretty pricey product if you are a small or new business and I don’t love that there is not a free trial offered.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Erin Donhoff

WB Review

Reviewed 2020-02-18

Have received a lot of feedback from our hiring managers on how smooth the process is when integrating an employee as well as feedback from applicants stating how easy it is to complete online forms.

Pros
Pros: ease and speed for the applicants to apply and ease/speed for hiring managers to manage and integrate the applications.

Cons
Cons: It would be nice to have an option to download ALL forms into 1 pdf, vs downloading each individual form in the onboarding area.

Response from WorkBright

Hi Erin, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this detailed review. A large focus of our product is to make onboarding as easy as possible so it's great to hear both your hiring managers and applicants feedback confirming our efforts are working! We are always looking for ways to improve and I will pass along your feature improvement request for bulk form downloads to our team, I could see how this would be very helpful in some situations. Thanks again for your time!

Anonymous

Great Solution!

Reviewed 2020-03-26

Has greatly increased our hire to start time! Great feedback from new hires on the ease of submission of the required forms. It seems much less daunting than getting a huge packet of papers & it has saved us on printing costs!

Pros
Workbright allows new hires to seamlessly onboard digitally & quickly. New hires can upload required information & sign documents all from a mobile device or computer. Administrators can accept or reject submissions, sign Form I-9 and request new submission for new contracts. Groups are easily changed if staff changes positions - providing them with any additional required forms for the new position.

Cons
If you add a new form to a group, it sends this form out to all staff in the group - not just new staff.

Response from WorkBright

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review!! We are constantly working on improvements to help make the onboarding process as pain free as possible and have the group notification options earmarked for a future enhancement. More good things to come!

Melissa Rooney

Highly Recommend

Reviewed 2020-02-18

Positive. My company was already using this software when I started and it was easy to learn. Far more user friendly than the software at my previous company and I am not exaggerating when I say the customer service is 10x better. They offer friendly advice and have a quick response time.

Pros
The software is user friendly and intuitive. WorkBright also offers a high level of customer service. They far exceed their competitors.

Cons
I can't think of any cons we experience.

Response from WorkBright

Dear Melissa, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled you have had such a positive experience; our staff will be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to supporting you for years to come.

Phillip Rinaldo

Game Changer

Reviewed 2020-02-18

We have in-processed up to 66 personnel (living across the world) at one time with one admin clerk from a satellite location. It is a one stop shop for in processing and document tracking.

Pros
It allows us to in-process multiple contracts and locations with one person. We have not had one employee come into the office for in-processing...less foot traffic=less distractions. If you have a suggested improvement, they will let you know if they can update the system.

Cons
Small things, but they are constantly working to improve functionality.

Response from WorkBright

This review made our day!

Laura Hall

Better than hiring an additional seasonal helper

Reviewed 2020-02-17

I love it so much, saves me tons and tons of time! Highly recommend

Pros
This makes it very clear to staff when they are finished with tasks, much more effective than trying to manage my seasonal hires without workbright

Cons
I can’t always see what an employee sees, I’d like a “see what julie sees” type option so I can confirm that I have processed rehires for a new season

Response from WorkBright

Thank you for your kind words, Laura. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us -- and we agree, a see what Julie see's option sounds like a useful feature, we will add this to our list for consideration in future versions! We count ourselves lucky for customers like you - Thanks!!

Melissa Bertucci

Convenient

Reviewed 2020-05-20

Productive and easy to use..

Pros
All features are available and ready for me to use. It's easy to use when searching applicants.

Cons
Nothing.. exceedingly great! They could add on a part where tgevv

Laura Rocchio

Easy to Use an Self Explanatory

Reviewed 2019-02-15

Time has been the biggest benefit that we have received with moving to WorkBright to manage our staff files. As well as the ability to view the documents from the sites. Copying and sending out to all the staff the different forms and certifications was time consuming and things got lost in the process. Now with it electronic it does not get misplaced and staff can upload most all of their own forms.

Pros
I like the fact that it is all electronic. I have kept paper files for staff and that was so time consuming. With WorkBright it has freed up my time to work on other things.

Cons
The one thing that is not as convenient is when I need to upload or update certain forms, I need to contact WorkBright to do it. This is really not a big issue since they take care of it quickly.

Randy Ruffalo

Near total Train Wreck of a product

Reviewed 2020-05-29

of 23 qualified applicants, we could only get 7 to figure out how to complete the application process. Of those 7, we were able to hire 1. There can be a large variety of reasons for a company to not convert applicants to employees, but 16 of 23 never had an opportunity because they could not complete the 2 stage application process because of the mobile app/Indeed limitations and dysfunctional performance.

Pros
It sounds like a good idea. I like that applicants can complete onboarding on their phone

Cons
Anybody applying on a phone thru indeed is at about a 70% risk of not completing and getting confused. It sounds like this might be true for other job boards as well, but I cant be sure. There is a two stage application process that is different for mobile users than desktop users. Most of our applicants get 'lost' in the process and we never complete with them. This after calls, emails and texts to help them. The ATS is not integrated with the Onboarding system at all except a one time data transfer initiated by a recruiter or admin user to migrate from one system to the other. Then you have to revert back to the ATS from the On boarding to communicate with the candidate. The systems are two different companies. One is ApplicantPro for the ATS, the other is WorkBright for the onboarding. Aside from the job page they create to link your posting - the sites cannot be branded for your company. This is not user friendly, not integrated, not seemless at all, not easy for applicants and difficult to manage with the two different sites not integrated, the irritating new window opens for every click in the ATS. Then when you time out and have to log in again, you have to close all those open windows. IT sounds silly, but very time consuming if you are a busy person.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Anonymous

Mobile friendly, easy to use

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Pros
The first thing is being mobile friendly. Most software are compatible with desktop and laptop but not on your phone. This was one area that we felt was very important. Nowadays everyone is on their phone and we wanted to find a program that had that capability. The second is the support you get. We gave them our files, they did want was needed and that was it. the onboarding support and guidance was over the top. We have been with them for a year and would highly recommend their program.

Cons
It would be great if their WorkBright ATS program for recruiting could connect to Workbright. It would be great to see the basic information get moved to workbright.

Hope Capps

We Love workBright!

Reviewed 2019-09-04

I have so much less paper to deal with! All of my part time staff payroll is just a click away.

Pros
It makes payroll management so much more convenient. We have three locations in three different cities, with seasonal employees at all of them. Payroll used to be a tornado of paperwork and now it is all on WorkBright! So much more manageable!

Cons
Not everyone has access to a computer. Not everyone trusts the internet with their personal information.

Susan Johnson

Laid Back On-boarding process at the comfort of your home!

Reviewed 2019-03-15

Wonderful, love the paper less concept, easy access for candidates, completion bar tracker, super user friendly, ability to see when a candidate is working on forms. Outstanding customer service, we make a lot of changes to documents and WB staff has been patient, helpful, and professional through all our transitions.

Pros
The flexibility of having candidates complete all documents at the comfort of their home. Professional, easy to read documents, access to the documents at any time without worrying about a lost document. Quicker on-boarding process.

Cons
- Not being able "print all" including images, at the click of 1 button - At the staff tab, would love to a sort by "date sent" set up date, the date the candidate was set up in WB to better grasp how long they have been in the process.

Mike Gerton

A Must Have for Large Seasonal Businesses

Reviewed 2019-05-08

WorkBright has been a huge help for us. I manage almost 200 seasonal employees with only myself in a full time role, as well as a very part time Office Assistant. WorkBright has not only saved us time administratively, but has also improved the accuracy of employees completing their forms on their own time. Within a month of my department using WorkBright on our own, the rest of our Park District quickly saw the benefit and adopted it.

Pros
Many things.... the interface and employee workflow is very solid. The fact that it works best on mobile devices is HUGE. It was very easy to set up and implement. New employees have not encountered many issues operating the software.

Cons
It would be nice if the State tax forms were defaulted form just like the federal form, as well as the I-9 form.

Lissa White

WorkBright's Services are Visionary

Reviewed 2019-02-15

HOLY GUACAMOLE WorkBright has been the absolute greatest gift to me and my company. I began working in my field for the first time less than a year ago after a big career change. WorkBright helped me feel successful even though I (often) had no idea what I was doing. Thanks to the WorkBright team for always having my back and helping me feel confident and supported as I explore my new opportunity. :)

Pros
Too many things to list! Aside from the ease, support, etc... that email about how to eat and be lazy around Thanksgiving brought me immeasurable joy.

Cons
I have absolutely nothing negative to say about WorkBright. 100%.

Dana Calo

Great time saver!!

Reviewed 2019-12-03

Saves a tremendous amount of time, cost is very reasonable, employees like it. They will reconstruct your forms to be fillable online, this is really nice.

Pros
Ability to have new employees enroll without paper. Great for keeping track of I9 forms, easy access and great for HR.

Cons
Needs a place to store employee write ups, certificates and other documentation. There is an upload documents feature, but it does not have separate folders or links to indicate what those documents are and this can easily be missed.

Emma Rhoads

Always improving!

Reviewed 2018-10-24

Pros
The addition of more bulk change options--things are constantly becoming more efficient with this software!

Cons
The reporting menu still leaves something to be desired, especially when it comes to sorting. Reports really MUST be exported to use their full functionality (can't currently sort by date, can't have a hierarchy of sorts, etc).

Stefanie Moon

Peter is a Rockstart

Reviewed 2016-10-25

Our company has been with workbright for about 2 years now, and I have worked almost exclusively with Peter Holter. I have never had a question remain unanswered.

Response from WorkBright

Fantastic! Thanks so much for the review Stefanie, we love working with Pali as well!

Hope Capps

WorkBright

Reviewed 2017-02-08

WorkBright centralizes payroll which works really well for remote sites with limited storage. It allows staff to complete their paperwork prior to arriving to camp, which increases efficiency.

Pros
HELPFUL STAFF. Ease of use. Can be used and accessed anywhere. Willingness of staff to implement new features and tailor the experience to the client.

Cons
Well, there's always the question of security because it's online. Sometimes staff puts information in that is obviously wrong (current year for birth year) and only THEY can fix that. HR cannot.

Andrea Watson

OCBSA Director of Outdoor Adventure

Reviewed 2018-10-23

Excellent customer service. This product has transformed our HR procedures.

Pros
Ease of use. Easy to customize to our needs.

Cons
Inability to have multiple seasons on the same account.

Lissa White

I <3 WorkBright

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Pros
WorkBright saves me countless hours. Our staff find the process quite easy, and I cannot possibly speak highly enough about the Customer Success Team! Our rep has put up with me with patience and kindness and lots of happy faces!!!!

Cons
There is truly nothing I can complain about. Honestly. Love!

Monique Zavala

Easy to USE!

Reviewed 2018-08-20

All my management team love this process compared to our paper process.

Pros
This program is simple and easy to use. You can access your account online, phone, tablet at anytime. How easy is that. Especially for those that have to multitask. Once admin reviews your application but needs updates or changes, they can just send you an email or text and you log back in.

Cons
We are new to this so at this time I don't have any con's. I will come back if it changes.

Kevin Spencer

Solid Investment

Reviewed 2017-01-31

Workbright will lighten your HR load without question. No more file cabinets lining your office. The process is easy to learn and the customer service department is exceptional. All of your concerns will be addressed in a very timely manner. It beats having a subscription to several different job boards.

Pros
Organizes the hiring and HR function of our camps

Cons
Older candidates and staff that are not very tech savvy struggle with it.