Workstars Reviews

Richard J.

Sally W.

I love that the platform is focused on peer to peer recognition; the first thing you see when you log in is your recognitions wall and you can recognize your peers so easily.

Kevin C.

cristina t.

Some reports show info that' slightly confusing (% of team recognised shows a person "filling up" as i recall, never quite got this one.

Matt L.

Some selection drop down counter intuitive ( hard to locate staff names when adding the hiring manager unless using surname first or exact spelling etc).

Matt L.

4.8

Affordable, customizable web-based tool to support employee engagement

We were able to quickly launch a customized program without investing internal IT resources into developing the solution.

Pros

This low-cost, web-based employee recognition program is intuitive and easy to navigate both for end users and program administrators. Easily compliments a robust employee recognition strategy by offering leaders, managers, and staff an additional venue for sharing and receiving recognition. Recognition is linked to specific behaviors that demonstrate and exemplify company values and service...

Cons

This software can help sustain an organizational culture but isn't a comprehensive solution to employee recognition. Organizations that don't have other recognition tactics already in place or launched alongside this program risk disengaging employees. Recognition efforts still need to be reflective of the full range of staff needs but this program certainly helps meet the need for a public venue to recognize and connect staff across an international organization with a large geographic footprint.

An easy-to-use and affordable platform

Workstars is wonderful. Onboarding was a breeze. The only issue I've encountered is the time zone difference between us and their team, so customer service is not always easily accessible.

Pros

Cons

I wish there were more notifications or summaries; maybe notify users when someone in their department gets recognized, or send out a weekly summary with some recognitions from that week.

Great tool!

Pros

Its really very easy and fast to use. Just look for the one you want to recognize + choose the topic + write some words + submit! You do not need to spend many minutes to recognize your team members.

Cons

I am missing the possibility of search my team order by alphabetical order, for example. I would like also having optional the comments once you recognize someone (50 characters is not too much to fill, I know, but sometimes its not needed to dedicate some words to that one) Finally I am missing additional rewards, I have 5 or 10 but additional amounts as 20 or 25 should be considered. Maybe an option to write the amount manually would be nice to have.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Cristina! You can search team members alphabetically by their surnames already as well as searching for their name directly. Your program admin will be able to create new reward values too :)!

Great Product!

Workstars has given Onyx employees a fun and interactive platform to celebrate our colleagues’ success, and that has been invaluable to our work culture. Implementation could not have gone any smoother. The support team is always timely, friendly and helpful. Workstars is a great tool for the HR professional’s arsenal.

Pros

Very easy to set up, use and maintain; Our employees love being able to give peer to peer recognition to each other.

Cons

The only suggestion would be the search function is based on last name. Being an international organization, many of our employees have multiple last names, so it can be difficult to find someone. I would like to see an option to put in any part of the name and search that way.

Thanks for your great review, Becky. We love to hear that employees are enjoying giving recognition to their peers and the positive impact that's having on work cultures. We also love feedback. We have just launched our new recognition search tool which makes it easier than ever to find a colleague you'd like to recognize. The search tool will automatically display colleagues who you recognize most frequently or those closest to you within the organization, and you can now search using their first or last name too. Thanks, Workstars

Easy to use, intuitive software with intelligent recognition features

Pros

The recognition software is intuitive and intelligent, offering enterprise-style features at a low per-employee cost. It is simple to launch and easy to administer with a suite of integrations to manage data directly from your HR database or publish recognition through Yammer, Chatter or Slack channels. The focus on recognition, not financial reward, takes the pressure off budgets but if you do...

Cons

A couple of the set-up steps could be simplified, something I understand is being addressed in future versions.

Workstars Review

The support team who set the account up with us has been really informative and helpful from the outset and throughout all changes and upgrades, really made this is a pain-free process - which is atypical when it comes to IT projects in my experience. We enjoy using it, and although it's pretty basic is suits our needs and has a non-corporate feel which is great. it's "Nintendo Wii" as opposed to "Microsoft Windows" - I like that.

Pros

ease of use, playful nature, relatively easy to download reports.

Cons

Some selection drop down counter intuitive ( hard to locate staff names when adding the hiring manager unless using surname first or exact spelling etc) Some reports show info that' slightly confusing (% of team recognised shows a person "filling up" as i recall, never quite got this one

Thanks for your great feedback, Matt. We have just launched our new search tool which makes it easier than ever to find a colleague when giving recognition, building your team or searching for a profile page. The search tool will automatically display colleagues who you recognize most frequently or those closest to you within the organization, and you can now search using their first or last name too. Many thanks, Workstars

Workstars is a great platform for recognition of employees

It's a really great program, that is easy to use. It's easy to set up your profile and its visually, very appealing.

Pros

I think Workstars is really a fantastic platform for recognition of employees. The program looks great and it's nice to be able to set up your individual profile yourself. What's really great about Workstarts is that you are able to see your whole team as a Manager and keep track of how well everyone is doing and also the recognition that they receive and this can be used as part of their performance reviews. It's also great that this recognition is visible across the whole company and I feel that this makes that recognition even more valuable to the employees that receive it.

Cons

I love the look of the software, but most of all, I like that fact that I am able to see all the recognition that my team gets and keep a track of this. This will be vital when it comes to doing annual performance reviews and appraisals. I think it will also provide for a bit of healthy competition between team members.

Hey Sally, thanks so much for your great review. It's great to hear how helpful Workstars is for managers to see how their teams are doing in terms of giving and receiving recognition, and how that activity can feed into wider business activities too.

Great tool for workplace appreciation

Great experience, great software, great company!

Pros

I really like how easy it is to train people to use this software, and it's a great tool for promoting goodwill across our organization. I am easily able to look up my teammates, tie my appreciation to a workplace value, and share my recognition with their manager.

Cons

I wish the data reporting was stronger in terms of aggregate data analysis. There is more I'd like to do with the data.

Hi Kara, Thanks so much for your review. It's great to hear how Workstars is helping to promote goodwill across your organization too! Heads of departments can access more detailed reporting from across the business in terms of recognition, including which teams are recognising most and so on. Hopefully that helps!

Excelent recognition software for companies

I have been engaged both giving and receiving recognition to my teammates, I also make the company feel more integrated: I recognize people from India, England or Brazil being far from them and still get to send a friendly "give me five" or thumbs up. It really cool.

Pros

It is very easy to use, has many features that we have been implementing on the company, like perks, workstars card, etc.

Cons

Not much, some times the login with our onelogin solution does not work as expected, but I thing is an issu with our systems.

Thanks for your great review Diego. Awesome to know Workstars is easy to use and that you like the perks catalogue too!

Employees love the UX

We wanted a fun and user-friendly platform that would encourage employees to interact with management and their peers. This software was the perfect fit for our size company and required very little time and effort to get everyone set up and trained.

Pros

- Ease of use - Fun and engaging user interface - Frequent updates and enhancements - Timely support when needed

Cons

- Unable to see used spend versus pending spend in budget without having to download report - Names pop-up based on surnames instead of first names

Hi Melinda, Many thanks for your great feedback - awesome to hear your employees love using Workstars. We have just launched our new recognition search tool which makes it easier than ever to find a colleague you'd like to recognize. The search tool will automatically display colleagues who you recognize most frequently or those closest to you within the organization, and you can now search using their first or last name too. Thanks, Workstars

Why like Workstars

I'v had a great experience with Workstars, this was the first time I was introduced to this through any company, It has given me confidence to want to always do better on the job , as well as to give other co-workers appreciation.

Pros

What i liked most about this software is the easy navigation, and the ability to allow me to choose whom i want to give recognition. Its also great when you have perks that your trying to choose from, because your offered a variety.

Cons

I didn't have any issues with this software, it's pretty easy to use and i don't have anything to compare it to because, most jobs I've worked don't have anything like this which would be great if they had.

Thanks for your feedback, Richard! Great to hear you're enjoying the perks catalogue too.

Fantastic recognition platform

Pros

The platform is really simple to use for Colleagues and Line Managers and has a real impact in driving recogntion and colleague impact.

Cons

Would be good if managers could get automatically notified rather than having to manually tag them into recognition.

Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review, Andrew! IT's great to hear Workstars is diving recognition activity and having a positive impact for colleagues. Managers will get notified automatically when someone within their team has either given or received a recognition :)

The Workstars product was the perfect choice to meet our recognition and engagement needs.

Pros

The technology is user friendly, fun to navigate and easy to adopt. Our employees have commented that it has been fun and has not added any extra work to their day. As a leader, the program has wonderful analytics and reporting capability that allows me both a bird's eye view and necessary details to measure the successes and tell the story of our recognition and engagement needs. The team at Workstars has been committed to our success since day one. Their commitment and customer service has been extraordinary! I highly recommend Workstars.

Amazing service

Pros

Workstars is so user friendly, it was very easy to implement and the level of service we receieved was exceptional.

Cons

Some of it needs to be a bit more customisable, e.g. the ability to search by first and last name

Thanks for your amazing feedback, Zoe. We have just launched our new recognition search tool which makes it easier than ever to find a colleague you'd like to recognize. The search tool will automatically display colleagues who you recognize most frequently or those closest to you within the organization, and you can now search using their first or last name too. Thanks!

Bring your team and company together with Workstars

SSO fails almost everytime I go to access from a browser bookmark, a simple refresh does resolve the issue - but nicer to make it seemless ...

Pros

As a team manager in a fully connected world, how can you operate not knowing who in your team is doing well and who is not? The insight and emotional support this tool can give to people should not be underestimated.

Cons

I would like more insight on the stats, timeline on when this is being done, is it reactionary or being performed every friday at 9am. There is more underlying value the product could give to help insight to employees and assist managers over time (across teams, regions and other like companies)... help us retain staff etc! :)

Thanks for the great review, Shaun. It's always amazing to hear how impactful Workstars is for managers and their teams. Keep an eye out for future updates - we're always working to make Workstars even better!

Great way to boost morale

My overall experience is good with workstars. I enjoy the perks and sending/receiving acknowledgments.

Pros

I like that employees can send each other acknowledgements, but also that management can send perks out to employees.

Cons

I wish there was more interaction on the website. I think adding emojis, memes or gifs would make it more interesting.

Thanks for your review, Cynthia. Great to know Workstars is supporting morale in your organization! We love emojis, memes and gifs too. Keep an eye out for one of our upcoming updates!

Great for recognition

Pros

Workstars gives a socially acceptable way to congratulate peers. This helps instill a culture of appreciation and gratitude and also helps gives feedback to managers as to who is helpful to teammates. This is particularly valuable in a remote work setting.

Cons

Make it easier to notify the recipients manager about the review.

Hi John, thanks for your review and great to hear that Workstars is helping to create a culture of appreciation. Managers will automatically get notified when someone in their team receives or gives recognition!

First time using Workstars - I'm impressed!

Favourable! This is the first time I have used this software and I have enjoyed the experience

Pros

I like the ease of operation in creating a post and also the ability to edit and review after the hitting "enter" button.

Cons

I would love to have the ability to add an image or a GIF to a review

Thanks for your review, Rob. Keep an eye out for future updates and start saving your favorite gifs ;)

First Time User

The business benefits are great when nominating someone for a perk.

Pros

This system is very easy to navigate and use.

Cons

All of the features were relevant and helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Jerry!