CiiRUS Reviews

CiiRUS

Intuitive vacation rental and property management software

4.47/5 (53 reviews)

Pros
  • I consider myself "savvy" in computer, but it does not make me an expert. It is on me to learn how to handle the software/application, however to all of us to succeed, we need a good support.Sandra A.Read the full review
  • World class software, easy to learn and use, very training including endless videos, very good distribution, very good automations, very good reporting and accounting.Terry W.Read the full review
  • Very friendly and approachable. Also with Ciirus you have the added bonus of working with Love Rentals and they work very hard to get you good bookings.Amanda N.Read the full review
Cons
  • I have documented all communication via emails over the past 3 months and will be disputing charges wtih my credit card.Breean H.Read the full review
  • The training was not sufficient to get our business live and the off boarding process and communication was painful and sent our company into a tailspin for over a week.Breean H.Read the full review
  • Sadly, as the company grew over the years, the customer service decreased, the price continually went up, the more updates the more glitches there were.Sharon G.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Anonymous

Ciirus has helped me jump start my business

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Helped get a head start on my business

Pros
Customer Service is great, quick, and very helpful. Software is easy to navigate and use. Easy to find homes, add homes, features, descriptions, etc...

Cons
You need to pay or contact support for certain access. A little expensive when you have a lot of properties but they have options you can work with.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Kerry Nice

CiiRUS software makes vacation property management way easier!

Reviewed 2019-10-19

Pros
The CiiRUS team is always working to improve their product

Cons
Reports functionality needs to be easier to customize

Guillermo Russian

worst software I’ve ever use! Read my review

Reviewed 2020-04-27

The experience was extremely bad. I selected Ciirus to make my company grow and instead of making it grow Ciirus made lost U$ [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! As I said to them, problems can occur and I didn’t request them the money I lost for connectivity but I was hoping they fix the problems. They never contacted me to fix the problem. Once they contacted me was when I requested a deduction on the monthly payment for coronavirus they contacted me to offer Love rentals . They said with that I was going to increase my sales .. hahahaha how funny! I don’t know if they live in planet earth or what but we had 100% cancellations! When I requested a discount on the monthly payment was because other softwares are giving between from 1-3 months free payments to keep their clients !

Pros
We’ve selected ciirus because once we start using it there were not too many softwares in the market as they are right now . Big mistake! Now looking other softwares I don’t see any pros ..

Cons
DON’T USE CIIRUS! Once we started with Ciirus they first told us that it was cloud based and it was not MAC friendly, we had to download an app where we could use it that way but it failed every day. Now they did a new version but it is bad. Then, when we signed up they told us they were working with new channels to connect ( Booking.com will be ready soon they said.. probably in just 1 or 2 months hahaha .. you know what? It passed 3 years and they still don’t have connectivity 2 ways with Booking.com, if they say they have don’t believe them ! They work with channel manager where you can connect thought them but there are always errors. we lost more than U$ [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for that and they never took any responsibility. Ciirus said it was the channel manager error and the channel manager said it was a ciirus error ..unbeleivable! Search for a software that has direct connectivity with main channels ( Airbnb, booking.com, expedia , homeaway) . Ciirus has connectivity with Airbnb but they charge you 1% of confirmed bookings ( other softwares don’t charge anything) . The software it is not friendly at all. Customer service it is really bad. It doesn’t have Unified inbox for the different channels ( if they say they have don’t believe them because they don’t have direct connectivity ) . The accounting side it is very poor, you can’t make a properly owner statement as it should be. Reports are very poor. I don’t even know why I’ve been using this software this long time!

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Natasha Forrest

Property Manger User of CiiRUS Vacation Software

Reviewed 2019-10-04

Pros
1. Ciirus Customers Services are very helpful and this Vacation Rental Software has many capabilities for companies big and small 2. It great that the system can integrate with Channel Operators, so you can manage all your bookings in one place 3. The Mobile App is wonderful for Managers on the go 4. Ciirus has made many improvements since I started using it in 2017 and the support team continue to work with managers asking for their input, so thank you!

Cons
1. The desktop version is not very user friendly for Property managers on the go as trying to access it on your phone while out on the field to add and edit bookings or add costs to a work orders is a task...I can do it on my Iphone but its not very easy so adding that feature to the mobile app would be a great addition to the mobile app 2. Ciirus does not integrate with my online Quickbooks, you must have the QB Desktop version which is another licence 3. The Owner Statements can be a bit confusing when there are lots of entries to the Owner 4. I think a 3 day training course in learning how to fully utilize everything Ciirus has to offer to small businesses like myself would be very useful and I would pay money to attend this course if it was offered. I think if i learned how to properly use Ciirus I would save lots of time trying to figure where i am financially with my business, as i have to input manually everything onto Quick books, so double work

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Natasha,

We really appreciate your kind feedback. All of us here value the partnership we have together and thank you for your loyal business. If you are not already using it, we recently launched a major update to the software, meaning that all the functionality is now available in your web browser from any device, so you no longer need to use the old mobile app, which does miss some of these features. I hope you'll check it out! Also, great news, we have just added an integration with QuickBooks online, and it should be going live in a matter of days. Please contact us to set that up. It's included in the all-in-one subscription you already have. Lastly, it would be our pleasure to host you for training. We love meeting with our customers and host training daily, online and in person. Please email training@ciirus.com to set up a multi-day session as you requested. We can't wait!

Joshua Percy

Easy to use interface & Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Pleasant & Convenient

Pros
Custom Reporting & Real-Time 2 way API

Cons
Missing listing amenities for Airbnb and HomeAway. We had to change to "Limited Sync" to make certain listing changes.

Sandra Andrade

Ciirus Technical Supporting

Reviewed 2020-02-23

I consider myself "savvy" in computer, but it does not make me an expert. It is on me to learn how to handle the software/application, however to all of us to succeed, we need a good support. Ciirus support team is not only good, they are one of the best support team I have ever worked with. I feel comfortable to count on their team, and confident that I will complete my task on time. They are professionals, courteous and agile. Congrats to the team!

Pros
It is fast, logical and concise. The new software features makes the process faster and provide us with a clear view of our business day-to-day results in a simple "touch-of-a-button". We like everything, from the "one-point of contact" platform, which allows us to have a 360 view of all our rentals in a diverse Vacation Home sites, to the taxes reports.

Cons
So far, there is nothing I like the least.

Catherine Medina

Ciirus is user friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 2019-10-04

Ciirus makes quoting and keeping track of guests a breeze.

Pros
From the convenient Dashboard to the easy reports, Ciirus has made my day to day so much easier. Out of all of the softwares that I have used in my years of work, Ciirus has been by far the best.

Cons
Some of the calendar fields, especially in reports cannot be filled in manually, it requires you to scroll through month by month and when you are trying to pull a report starting from 2017 it could be a bit tedious.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Catherine,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. It has been a pleasure for all of us to work with you and your company. I do have some good news, I think I can solve the con that you listed. When you want to go back in time on a report, instead of clicking the arrow to go back month by month, if you click on the name of the month, it changes so that each time you click the arrow it goes back one whole year. If you have any trouble with this, feel free to email our team at support@ciirus.zendesk.com so they can give you a walk through. Thanks again for your loyal business!

Amanda Nisbet

Easy to use & great customer support

Reviewed 2020-03-06

We have increased our portfolio of homes and sales revenue by using the Ciirus software

Pros
Really easy to use. Very simple and straightforward when producing owner statements. The support from the Ciirus team is first class. Very friendly and approachable. Also with Ciirus you have the added bonus of working with Love Rentals and they work very hard to get you good bookings. We are very happy with Ciirus.

Cons
It would be good if we could store documents related to the owner and have an email too build within Ciirus.

Anonymous

We have been using Ciirus since it started.

Reviewed 2018-02-06

Pros
I like the easiness of the program and the way you can navigate through all aspects. Also the integration aspect with other programs and websites makes it super easy to run our business!

Cons
The company is rapidly growing and they are loosing the lack of personal care they use to have. They are making so many changes to the software constantly and it becomes hard to keep up. Then it is very hard to also try and get in contact with someone who can help.

Elsie Mae Clements

Ciirus combines property management with reservations

Reviewed 2019-10-24

Pros
Great customer support. Easy to use once you master the basics, but you can always check out the training videos or schedule your own training call.

Cons
Ciirus is getting better, but it does not handle Canadian taxes well - we have developed workarounds but don't think we should need to.

Beth Hillard

Roberto and his staff are always pleasant to work with.

Reviewed 2017-05-01

Pros
It is easy to navigate. It was the first software that I used and will continue to used for the foreseeable future.

Cons
There is so much to learn you cannot possibly learn it all. Each time it updates we must learn it all over again. I have used this software for the past 7 years and have only begun to scratch below the surface. I do wish that we were able to access the Rental Exchange feature without it costing an arm and leg. More one on one training would be very helpful. Perhaps monthly webinars to further help each companies staff.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your review, and thank you for being a valued CiiRUS customer!

I just wanted to be sure you know that our one-on-one training program is available for your use as and when you need it. We will be in touch with you separately to help you schedule a session. We would also be happy to speak about how you can make some extra money on the Rental Exchange program. We are always interested in making sure that the value of our services is reflected fairly in the cost, and we are confident that the new features and tools will be valuable to your business.

Lastly, you¿ll be glad to know that we are getting ready to launch a new Webinar series called CiiRUS TV, which will be live within your CiiRUS account every day. In the meantime, our vast library of recorded training sessions can be accessed from the `Video Training¿ tab in CiiRUS.

All the best wishes and kind regards,

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Catherine Ullwer

Good but could be a whole lot better

Reviewed 2019-05-07

Pros
It covers all the basics requirements for a booking software

Cons
The ical calendar is slow to sync with my other listing websites, can take up to an hour or more. It is clunky to use and I've had several glitches that can take quite some time to resolve.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Catherine,

This is great feedback. iCal integrations are notoriously unreliable, and provide developers like us with very little flexibility to help - this is why we provide comprehensive 2-way API feeds to connect you with sites like HomeAway, Vrbo, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, Home To Go, and Booking.com. If you aren't yet set up with the direct connections, please contact support@ciirus.zendesk.com to get plugged in. It will make a world of difference for you. Also, I was sorry to hear that some of your concerns took time to resolve. If you are ever experiencing such a delay, our admin staff is available at the main office number to connect you with a rep and bring rapid resolution to your cases. You can also email communications@ciirus.com to talk more about your experiences and help us to do better next time.

Lynda McCulloch

Ciirus is the "Total Operating Solution", for running a successful vacation management company.

Reviewed 2017-04-14

Pros: They know and understand the vacation rental management business inside and out. They have thought of and have all the tools you will need to be more successful and in less time. The calendar sync, allows for communication with others, to receive limitless bookings and provide a convenient login for your owners. Accounting is easy, with the owner statement and tax reporting system. Pricing is cost effective and customizable for any size management company. Email responders, make marketing stress-free. Operations- provides a "real time" job tracker, allowing for easy information flow to support accurate records. Customer service top notch. a real person answers the phone and is always ready to assist and support. A+ web designers offer solutions and are always there to lend a hand. They complete customer needs quickly and charge reasonable fees. Cons: I'd like the website to process requests a bit faster, but we are getting the bookings, so it is producing well for us. I'm sure they'll improve this in the future. Recommendations to other buyers: They are a knowledgeable, professional company, growing rapidly every day. In my opinion, they are the best in the market today.

Response from CiiRUS

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are always improving our systems and look to continue to drive business to our clients.

Mandi shaw

We are so glad we switched from our previous reservation software.

Reviewed 2017-05-29

Pros
The software is easy to use, the layout allows you to navigate seamlessly through the system Ciirus meets all our needs from putting in work orders, allocation of cleans and placing reservations. This is a multi faceted system. The team at Ciirus are very helpful and really want you to succeed. Since joining with Ciirus we have increased our bookings with being able to partner with Homeaway, Airbnb, through their system. We have basically cut down our errors to zero, as long as the data is inputted correctly, Ciirus is always right lol.

Cons
There are so many facets to the system, we are learning new things and coming across new ways of working. I would definitely recommend detailed training on the system, especially when you first start to use it. The Ciirus team are so helpful

Sydney Dirling

Ciirus fully considers the property manager and is open to whatever ideas we have!

Reviewed 2017-05-11

The ability to maintain traction of all incoming and outgoing guests! Ciirus keeps very detailed notes of everything that is done, which makes it easy to track down the history and keep track of the many events that occur throughout a guest's stay.

Pros
I like that it has so many features! Many of which I haven't even ventured into yet, but plan to. I like that there are support videos for almost everything. I refer to those a lot when taking on a new feature of the software.

Cons
As much as I love seeing the new features of a new software update, it will be nice when things are automatically updated in a web version! It will also be great to be able to use Ciirus on a mac or mobile device at some point.

Birgit Klafstadbakken

Review for Ciirus program

Reviewed 2017-04-12

I have been using Ciirus for many years now, almost from the beginning, and it is the best thing ever for my vacation-business, - both as management and as booking agent. It is very cost effective, user friendly and very expandable into new features every year. I look forward to grow with them into the future! And the staff is great too!

Pros
Calendar sync that gives me the opportunity to rent as many home as as I wish - no limit.

Cons
Home owners can not make templates themselves to send out to their owner bookings. Calendar sync homes that I do not wish to use is not possible for me to delete in the list from supplier - supplier must do it for me.

Marcio Teixeira

Central Piece in our Operations

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Ciirus has been an important part of our operations. Besides its core functionalities are central for our company, our relationship with the whole team makes all the difference from the self-proclaimed major software packages competition out there. Thanks guys! Keep on rockin!!

Pros
Software has a vast amount of crucial features and it is useful in all aspects of our operations enabling all departments interact within the same environment.

Cons
It demands a significant learning curve to integrate the whole team into it.

Jason Milovich

Ciirus

Reviewed 2018-09-04

Pros
Since I have purchased Ciirus as our management software program my life has changed. The functionality and ease of use has made the maintenance of almost 90 properties quite manageable. The Ciirus team is always there with answers to my questions and they are constantly improving their services. I am very happy to have Ciirus on our team for our property management

Cons
Some issues with Airbnb that makes things difficult sometimes. Pricing is off from time to time. Homeaway and VRBO have been perfect however. It is not a breeze to get everything together in the beginning but once things are set it makes EVERYTHING easier.

Terry Whyte

Awesome Software

Reviewed 2018-09-04

I chose the software several years ago because (a) I thought is was the best software and (b) I thought the company had a better understanding of the vacation rental market and a better understanding of the future of vacation rentals.

Pros

Cons
Not compatible with Mac users. V-2Cloud is a work around but makes the software clunky to use.

Franco Coppola

Ciirus Review

Reviewed 2019-11-08

I kind of was expecting a little bit more. The user interface is complicated compared to the previous software I used. Some basic features are missing such as the ability from a guest to book direct from a quote we send. The new mobile version is not user friendly and was a big disappointment. The Quickbooks integration should be great if working properly. Support team tried helping but when I started using real life it seems not be integrated properly. I'm waiting the end of the year to seat with my CPA and try to adjust that with his help.

Pros
Channel Partners Integration Quickbooks integration

Cons
Mobile Version Quickbooks Integration Support. I seek for help but the way I'm integrated is not correct.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Isaac Diaz

Best switch to a VR platform we ever made!

Reviewed 2017-03-09

We have used three different platforms for our company and never found a perfect fit for our business model until we used Ciirus. They have help expand our company, increase our rental revenue and introduce us to secondary revenue streams. Best decision we have ever made!

Pros
The ability to connect with other users to distribute properties.

Cons
The back end takes some getting use to.

Response from CiiRUS

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. Your review will help other vacation rental managers with their vetting process and assist us in making our software better!

Anonymous

Great ideas that fall short on delivery

Reviewed 2019-06-12

Ciirus was a last minute decision to help assist with the purchase of a rental company. They have great ideas and could be a major player in this field. They unfortunately are trying to expand and grow too fast to keep control of the program, therefore failing miserably with customer satisfaction.

Pros
The concept of the whole program that Ciirus has come up with is great, and they have a lot of good ideas on the platform

Cons
The program is loaded with bugs and glitches that makes using it a regular frustration. Getting help from the help desk in not as quick or easy as you would expect, even a non reply occuring every now and then. I've even been told regarding one of the glutches that they can't figure out why it changes the dollar numbers from one screen to the next. Kind of an important item in business, not to mess with billing. Last update crashed my computer, and locked me out of Ciirus for over a day.

Response from CiiRUS

Thank you very much for this feedback. I'd like to learn more about the specific difficulties you've encountered and see what I can do to help. Your experience described is not consistent with the larger sentiment from our happy customers, so it's extremely important we have the opportunity to deliver that same value to you. We have brought in significant resources to track with the heightened demand for our services - it's unacceptable that you've experienced such delays and errors. Would you mind emailing communications@ciirus.com so we can talk more about the problems you've had, and do what we can to correct course? Thank you so much.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Nikki DeVeronica

Couldn't ask for better!

Reviewed 2018-09-07

The team at Ciirus is always quick to respond. We are truly glad we decided to go with them.

Pros
Software is extremely easy to use and the services/amenities/functions it provides is absolutely everything we need to manage our business efficiently.

Cons
There is really nothing we can say here. We do not feel there are any cons.

Laura Keller

CiiRUS

Reviewed 2018-10-09

I was told that data mitigation and setup would be easy. It ended up being extremely time consuming and a daunting task, so I decided to PAY EXTRA to have the CiiRUS team do it for us. I later found out that even after paying, they still needed me to go in and fill out a bunch of info that was already listed on our current platform. There is also a long wait for training sessions and the user manual is, in my opinion, not clearly thought out and overly complicated to follow.

Pros
It links directly up with Airbnb & HomeAway which makes my life easier since I can use one platform to update all my listings. They also offer email marketing which is nice.

Cons
The on boarding process is horrible. The onboarding team wasn't very helpful at all and weren't willing to connect with my current software's API.

Response from CiiRUS

Hi Laura,

Thanks very much for leaving us this feedback. What you've described is way below the lofty standards that we set for ourselves in terms of customer experience. I apologize that it was not as easy to get going as you had hoped. I am sure that we can do better and correct these mistakes.

Since your onboarding period around a year ago, we have significantly increased training and data migration resources to make the transition smoother, and give you more tools to be successful. Would you mind sending an email to communications@ciirus.com so that our team can better understand your pain points and correct this experience? It is so important to us that the software delivers value to your company and that you are happy with our services. We look forward to hearing from you.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Edney Souza

Perfect Vacation and Management Software

Reviewed 2017-04-26

CiiRUS is working perfect for our business. Our company uses CiiRUS since we start in this business and we never have any problem using CiiRUS. The technical support and training team are always available to help us with our questions.

Pros
friendly system. easy to operate it.

Cons
no mac version Yet

Response from CiiRUS

Thank you so much for your feedback and insight. We are glad to have you on board.