CiiRUS Logo
CiiRUS

Intuitive vacation rental and property management software

visit website

CiiRUS Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.68/10

See full reviews by rating

Top 3 alternatives

They are amazing to work with and always respond promptly. I really feel like they take the time to listen to us and to help us bavigate through the learning experience.
Ciirus support team is not only good, they are one of the best support team I have ever worked with. I feel comfortable to count on their team, and confident that I will complete my task on time.
I had some problems with system unavailability. Sometimes I was offline.
Also to be able to customize the appearance and lay out of owner statements which are IMHO too long and confusing.

AN

Amanda N.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Easy to use & great customer support

We have increased our portfolio of homes and sales revenue by using the Ciirus software

Pros

Really easy to use. Very simple and straightforward when producing owner statements. The support from the Ciirus team is first class. Very friendly and approachable. Also with Ciirus you have the added bonus of working with Love Rentals and they work very hard to get you good bookings. We are very happy with Ciirus.

Cons

It would be good if we could store documents related to the owner and have an email too build within Ciirus.

RB

Richard B.

Just what we needed!

We needed a single piece of software which allowed us the flexibility to connect with a variety of travel companies and property managers via API/XML, websites and online portals, whilst also providing a robust property management and accounting back office system. Ciirus ticked all of these boxes and more, we really couldn't be any happier with our experience.

Pros

The software is very comprehensive, yet easy to understand and is continually updated with new features.

Cons

I honestly struggle to think of things I dislike about the software.

JS

Justin S.

Good Software With Lots of Opportunity

My overall experience has been very positive and I would recommend Ciirus to all property managers in the Vacation Rental industry.

Pros

Integration with Beyond Pricing is a life saver and this may be my favorite feature. I also like the LOS discount, rate set details, and Property Assistant.

Cons

Constant glitches in the IMAGES portion of Homes and Details. For two years we have has constant issues with uploading or deleting photos that caused us to lose dozens of hours and days over that time-frame. A tiered LOS discount or seasonal LOS discount would be amazing and I understand that is coming. We need that now and are patiently waiting on it.

JM

Jason M.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Ciirus

Pros

Since I have purchased Ciirus as our management software program my life has changed. The functionality and ease of use has made the maintenance of almost 90 properties quite manageable. The Ciirus team is always there with answers to my questions and they are constantly improving their services. I am very happy to have Ciirus on our team for our property management

Cons

Some issues with Airbnb that makes things difficult sometimes. Pricing is off from time to time. Homeaway and VRBO have been perfect however. It is not a breeze to get everything together in the beginning but once things are set it makes EVERYTHING easier.

LL

Laure L.

Hospitality, self-employed

My Honest Feedback

Pros

Loved when they came out with CIIRUS ONE version of the software, the online version. I work with a Mac, and that made my life much easier. They are adding many new features that are very cool to work with...I still have to learn how to use them though. Customer service is great, always helpful.

Cons

For me, CIIRUS software is not that easy to use, but customer service is very helpful answering all questions, walking you through some steps if needed.

TW

Terry W.

Awesome Software

I chose the software several years ago because (a) I thought is was the best software and (b) I thought the company had a better understanding of the vacation rental market and a better understanding of the future of vacation rentals.

Pros

World class software, easy to learn and use, very training including endless videos, very good distribution, very good automations, very good reporting and accounting.

Cons

Not compatible with Mac users. V-2Cloud is a work around but makes the software clunky to use.

We have been using Ciirus since it started.

Pros

I like the easiness of the program and the way you can navigate through all aspects. Also the integration aspect with other programs and websites makes it super easy to run our business!

Cons

The company is rapidly growing and they are loosing the lack of personal care they use to have. They are making so many changes to the software constantly and it becomes hard to keep up. Then it is very hard to also try and get in contact with someone who can help.

FC

Franco C.

Ciirus Review

I kind of was expecting a little bit more. The user interface is complicated compared to the previous software I used. Some basic features are missing such as the ability from a guest to book direct from a quote we send. The new mobile version is not user friendly and was a big disappointment. The Quickbooks integration should be great if working properly. Support team tried helping but when I started using real life it seems not be integrated properly. I'm waiting the end of the year to seat with my CPA and try to adjust that with his help.

Pros

Channel Partners Integration Quickbooks integration

Cons

Mobile Version Quickbooks Integration Support. I seek for help but the way I'm integrated is not correct.

KN

Kerry N.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

CiiRUS software makes vacation property management way easier!

Pros

The CiiRUS team is always working to improve their product

Cons

Reports functionality needs to be easier to customize

ID

Isaac D.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Best switch to a VR platform we ever made!

We have used three different platforms for our company and never found a perfect fit for our business model until we used Ciirus. They have help expand our company, increase our rental revenue and introduce us to secondary revenue streams. Best decision we have ever made!

Pros

The ability to connect with other users to distribute properties.

Cons

The back end takes some getting use to.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. Your review will help other vacation rental managers with their vetting process and assist us in making our software better!

AB

Angela B.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Property Management Must Have

This is a great system to track all of the Properties that your company manages. It is fairly user friendly and easy to sift through for what ever information you are looking for.

Pros

Everything is right there at your finger tips.\ Owners, Reservations, Vendors, Payments, All Properties

Cons

The process can be extremely time consuming to enter everything, and multiple users can throw it off.

LM

Lynda M.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

They are always upgrading their features and adding more.

Pros

They are always upgrading their features and adding more. The system offers a seamless layout and easy to use. The support team and website development team are very knowledgeable helpful. They go above and beyond to help us.

Cons

Taking longer than expected to sync with Booking.com, but VRBO and others were very quickly connected.

TF

Thais F.

Great support team

Overall, very good. We are happy with the support received.

Pros

There are constant updates and news, and the support team is always very helpful. We are happy with the product.

Cons

Instead of just focusing on CiiRUS One, the software could also be improved. Some of us prefer to use the software instead of having one more tab open...

CR

Connie R.

Rent Sunny Florida Loves Ciirus

Pros

The training was wonderful with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].The support team responds quickly and always resolves the issue.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps stir us in the right direction at all times with whatever we need. The entire team is great to deal with.

Cons

I wish it was easier to connect with other channels.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great ideas that fall short on delivery

Ciirus was a last minute decision to help assist with the purchase of a rental company. They have great ideas and could be a major player in this field. They unfortunately are trying to expand and grow too fast to keep control of the program, therefore failing miserably with customer satisfaction.

Pros

The concept of the whole program that Ciirus has come up with is great, and they have a lot of good ideas on the platform

Cons

The program is loaded with bugs and glitches that makes using it a regular frustration. Getting help from the help desk in not as quick or easy as you would expect, even a non reply occuring every now and then. I've even been told regarding one of the glutches that they can't figure out why it changes the dollar numbers from one screen to the next. Kind of an important item in business, not to mess with billing. Last update crashed my computer, and locked me out of Ciirus for over a day.

Thank you very much for this feedback. I'd like to learn more about the specific difficulties you've encountered and see what I can do to help. Your experience described is not consistent with the larger sentiment from our happy customers, so it's extremely important we have the opportunity to deliver that same value to you. We have brought in significant resources to track with the heightened demand for our services - it's unacceptable that you've experienced such delays and errors. Would you mind emailing communications@ciirus.com so we can talk more about the problems you've had, and do what we can to correct course? Thank you so much. Kind regards, The CiiRUS Team

gw

graham w.

VRM Software

my company was one of the first to use the software 12 years ago tall the team at ciirus are willing and able to help / train and advise

Pros

easy to use and it is a stable platform accesable from pc/ tablet and phone

Cons

can take a time to get used to some of the changes/updates

ND

Nikki D.

Couldn't ask for better!

The team at Ciirus is always quick to respond. We are truly glad we decided to go with them.

Pros

Software is extremely easy to use and the services/amenities/functions it provides is absolutely everything we need to manage our business efficiently.

Cons

There is really nothing we can say here. We do not feel there are any cons.

RZ

Rosmir Z.

Hospitality, self-employed

very good

very good

Pros

I like very much ciirus but honesty this software can give me more than i expect

Cons

I'm sure this software is very expensive bit i think soon i can get more money using this

Hi Rosmir, Thanks so much for taking the time to write your review! I would love to connect you with a customer success agent so we can make sure you're achieving a strong return on your investment with our software. Please email communications@ciirus.com with your account name so that we can be in touch. Thanks!

LK

Laura K.

CiiRUS

I was told that data mitigation and setup would be easy. It ended up being extremely time consuming and a daunting task, so I decided to PAY EXTRA to have the CiiRUS team do it for us. I later found out that even after paying, they still needed me to go in and fill out a bunch of info that was already listed on our current platform. There is also a long wait for training sessions and the user manual is, in my opinion, not clearly thought out and overly complicated to follow.

Pros

It links directly up with Airbnb & HomeAway which makes my life easier since I can use one platform to update all my listings. They also offer email marketing which is nice.

Cons

The on boarding process is horrible. The onboarding team wasn't very helpful at all and weren't willing to connect with my current software's API.

Hi Laura, Thanks very much for leaving us this feedback. What you've described is way below the lofty standards that we set for ourselves in terms of customer experience. I apologize that it was not as easy to get going as you had hoped. I am sure that we can do better and correct these mistakes. Since your onboarding period around a year ago, we have significantly increased training and data...

EM

Elsie Mae C.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Ciirus combines property management with reservations

Pros

Great customer support. Easy to use once you master the basics, but you can always check out the training videos or schedule your own training call.

Cons

Ciirus is getting better, but it does not handle Canadian taxes well - we have developed workarounds but don't think we should need to.

ES

Edney S.

Perfect Vacation and Management Software

CiiRUS is working perfect for our business. Our company uses CiiRUS since we start in this business and we never have any problem using CiiRUS. The technical support and training team are always available to help us with our questions.

Pros

friendly system. easy to operate it.

Cons

no mac version Yet

Thank you so much for your feedback and insight. We are glad to have you on board.

SG

Sharon G.

Once upon a time.

Started using this software when Ciirus started business. Initially, it was affordable, consistent, excellent customer service/response and more. Sadly, as the company grew over the years, the customer service decreased, the price continually went up, the more updates the more glitches there were. It was almost as if the little companies were no longer important to Ciirus because they were too busy working with the "big guys".

Pros

Once upon a time Ciirus had the best customer service and response rate. Once upon a time Ciirus focused on making a good, affordable software for the little guy. It was once a very good integrated reservation and accounting program for management companies.

Cons

Ciirus grew fast and furious and in the process, they forgot how important customer service was. They left the little management companies by the wayside. Add on features were all about he big companies only. Constant updates, monthly pricing increasing and lack of any consideration for those loyal customers who had been there since day one.

RD

Robert D.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great software, suited especially for our product

Great product, we love working together.

Pros

It allows us to connect with multiple other companies and expand our product.

Cons

Nothing to note, everything we use within the software works great for us.

LS

LaShonne S.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Ciirus Review

This is probably the most difficult to use but it is great when you own many properties and need to change sales information to allow you to rent properties as a management system.

Pros

The system is easy to use and allows the management team to include all details needed when booking reservations.

Cons

It is a little hard to maneuver in the beginning but once you use it repeatedly you are able to find a flow.

DO

Dawn O.

Used other for less than 6 months

NIGHTMARE!!! Worst Software and Service in the Industry

Lack of performance, lack of delivery. They are not dedicated to get the job done. They don't care about their customers experience. Customer service in this industry is hugely important and their Customer Service does not make the grade. They were fired but still charging my account. Staff is non-responsive, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] don't seem to care, overall software modules are out of step with each other. Biggest waste of time and money, lack of performance to get the job done. DON'T GO WITH THEM, DON'T PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS NIGHTMARE. They don't get the job done. Go somewhere else.

Pros

HUGE MISTAKE TO GO WITH THEM. MUCH BETTER COMPANIES OUT THERE. RUN. This isn't the software you need to run or manage your vacation rentals. The software is broken, the desktop version and internet version are completely out of step with each other - doesn't update the database correctly. The on boarding process was the worst process ever experienced. You have a session with them and it was as if the conversation never happened. They did as they pleased, not what was required or requested. Customer service is very bad. They were fired for non-performance, but still charged our account. There is no PRO, you get sold a bundle of goods that isn't delivered. They are not ready for prime time.

Cons

DON'T SIGN WITH THEM!!! NIGHTMARE!!! They can't get the job done. This isn't the company for you, thee are better ones out there. You are better off throwing your money out the window of a moving car. Performance of the customer service is the worst I have seen in my career. They do as they want, not as requested. The software is not organized from a user perspective. Unacceptable turnaround time in every area. All aournd lack of performance, and they don't seem to care. They are not a professional organization, but a start up gone wrong.