CiiRUS

Intuitive vacation rental and property management software

visit website

CiiRUS Reviews

Sandra A.

Nicole L.

Once upon a time Ciirus focused on making a good, affordable software for the little guy. It was once a very good integrated reservation and accounting program for management companies.

Sharon G.

Cons

I had some problems with system unavailability. Sometimes I was offline.

Samuel M.

Sadly, as the company grew over the years, the customer service decreased, the price continually went up, the more updates the more glitches there were.

Sharon G.

Lin C.

4.4

Ciirus has helped me jump start my business

Helped get a head start on my business

Pros

Customer Service is great, quick, and very helpful. Software is easy to navigate and use. Easy to find homes, add homes, features, descriptions, etc...

Cons

You need to pay or contact support for certain access. A little expensive when you have a lot of properties but they have options you can work with.

Constantly improving

I like that Ciirus still feels like a family run business. They clearly care and remain approachable as they grow year on year. All the staff seem committed and passionate in working toward more innovative and better software. In the past their enthusiasm to improve too much too quickly didn't always work out well but more recently they have grown their team and Im seeing lots of good upgrades and additions. Too many to keep up with sometimes.

Pros

I like that I have full control and can easily correct entries and manipulate booking data. Some other softwares makes both difficult. I love useful little features like Set Booking Total. Also that there are constant improvements. Cirrus do listen and react to their clients comments.

Cons

I'm a Mac user and Ciirus has always been PC based so the first 6 years were problematic. The long awaited Ciirus 1 has addressed that problem, but still has a way to go to be as responsive as the desktop version. I wish there was the ability to more permanently customize the booking schedule, reports, etc to my specific needs (perhaps it's a Mac trait:). Also to be able to customize the appearance and lay out of owner statements which are IMHO too long and confusing.

Great vacation rental software

Pros

Having used CiiRUS for number of years, the vacation rental software is excellent. It has some excellent features for e.g. calendar integration, custom reporting, field operations and a beautiful CRM / UI to go along with it. It has a good task list for maintaining cleaning schedule. It connects seamlessly to AirBNB, Booking.com and many other platform providers to give managers and operators and easy to work with system.

Cons

Pricing can be a bit stiff if you are looking to deploy widely across your hotel chain, there is an opportunity to optimze the sales pricing here

worst software I’ve ever use! Read my review

The experience was extremely bad. I selected Ciirus to make my company grow and instead of making it grow Ciirus made lost U$ [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! As I said to them, problems can occur and I didn’t request them the money I lost for connectivity but I was hoping they fix the problems. They never contacted me to fix the problem. Once they contacted me was when I requested a deduction on the monthly payment for coronavirus they contacted me to offer Love rentals . They said with that I was going to increase my sales .. hahahaha how funny! I don’t know if they live in planet earth or what but we had 100% cancellations! When I requested a discount on the monthly payment was because other softwares are giving between from 1-3 months free payments to keep their clients !

Pros

We’ve selected ciirus because once we start using it there were not too many softwares in the market as they are right now . Big mistake! Now looking other softwares I don’t see any pros ..

Cons

DON’T USE CIIRUS! Once we started with Ciirus they first told us that it was cloud based and it was not MAC friendly, we had to download an app where we could use it that way but it failed every day. Now they did a new version but it is bad. Then, when we signed up they told us they were working with new channels to connect ( Booking.com will be ready soon they said.. probably in just 1 or 2 months...

CiiRus is good. I feel like it can be great if it gets all features to function properly. Trey is great over at customer support, I feel like he makes our CiiRus experience a lot easier and help make sense of things. If it were not for him my review may reflect differently. There's just a lot of features still needing to be worked out.

Pros

What is the best about this software is all the features it has. However some do not work to the best ability and are faulty. Hopefully the updates will fix this.

Cons

I do not like how every time you would like to include financials it has all the column choosers pop up every time and doesn't save the amount you would like to keep. Just a hassle. Its a lot to look at and is annoying when you need to just see a few rather than all columns.

Property Manger User of CiiRUS Vacation Software

Pros

1. Ciirus Customers Services are very helpful and this Vacation Rental Software has many capabilities for companies big and small 2. It great that the system can integrate with Channel Operators, so you can manage all your bookings in one place 3. The Mobile App is wonderful for Managers on the go 4. Ciirus has made many improvements since I started using it in 2017 and the support team continue to work with managers asking for their input, so thank you!

Cons

1. The desktop version is not very user friendly for Property managers on the go as trying to access it on your phone while out on the field to add and edit bookings or add costs to a work orders is a task...I can do it on my Iphone but its not very easy so adding that feature to the mobile app would be a great addition to the mobile app 2. Ciirus does not integrate with my online Quickbooks, you must...

Hi Natasha, We really appreciate your kind feedback. All of us here value the partnership we have together and thank you for your loyal business. If you are not already using it, we recently launched a major update to the software, meaning that all the functionality is now available in your web browser from any device, so you no longer need to use the old mobile app, which does miss some of these...

Was on the Fence but Glad I Jumped!

I was on the fence about switching vacation rental software. It is a LOT of work to get set up the first time and I did not want to do it again. But the company we were using before (365 Villas) was just not doing a good job. They were not responding to questions or issues with their software for the two years we used them. Plus you needed to also pay for Rentals United so you had two sets of payments. Ciirus had a great sales person that answered all of our questions. Then they transitioned us to a wonderful onboarding liaison, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He patiently walked through all the steps with my Team. I finally feel like we are in a good place with a good vacation rental software system. Thank you to the Team at Ciirus for making that happen!

Pros

The thing my Team loves most so far about this product is the customer service! They are amazing to work with and always respond promptly. I really feel like they take the time to listen to us and to help us bavigate through the learning experience.

Cons

It would be great someday if the AirBNB communication integration were a little simpler. And of course apps are nice. But it's still better than the software we were using before.

They are always upgrading their features and adding more.

Pros

They are always upgrading their features and adding more. The system offers a seamless layout and easy to use. The support team and website development team are very knowledgeable helpful. They go above and beyond to help us.

Cons

Taking longer than expected to sync with Booking.com, but VRBO and others were very quickly connected.

Rent Sunny Florida Loves Ciirus

Pros

The training was wonderful with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].The support team responds quickly and always resolves the issue.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps stir us in the right direction at all times with whatever we need. The entire team is great to deal with.

Cons

I wish it was easier to connect with other channels.

Great support team

Overall, very good. We are happy with the support received.

Pros

There are constant updates and news, and the support team is always very helpful. We are happy with the product.

Cons

Instead of just focusing on CiiRUS One, the software could also be improved. Some of us prefer to use the software instead of having one more tab open...

Roberto and his staff are always pleasant to work with.

Pros

It is easy to navigate. It was the first software that I used and will continue to used for the foreseeable future.

Cons

There is so much to learn you cannot possibly learn it all. Each time it updates we must learn it all over again. I have used this software for the past 7 years and have only begun to scratch below the surface. I do wish that we were able to access the Rental Exchange feature without it costing an arm and leg. More one on one training would be very helpful. Perhaps monthly webinars to further help each companies staff.

Hi Beth, Thanks for your review, and thank you for being a valued CiiRUS customer! I just wanted to be sure you know that our one-on-one training program is available for your use as and when you need it. We will be in touch with you separately to help you schedule a session. We would also be happy to speak about how you can make some extra money on the Rental Exchange program. We are always...

Easy to use interface & Exceptional Customer Service

Pleasant & Convenient

Pros

Custom Reporting & Real-Time 2 way API

Cons

Missing listing amenities for Airbnb and HomeAway. We had to change to "Limited Sync" to make certain listing changes.

Good but could be a whole lot better

Pros

It covers all the basics requirements for a booking software

Cons

The ical calendar is slow to sync with my other listing websites, can take up to an hour or more. It is clunky to use and I've had several glitches that can take quite some time to resolve.

Hi Catherine, This is great feedback. iCal integrations are notoriously unreliable, and provide developers like us with very little flexibility to help - this is why we provide comprehensive 2-way API feeds to connect you with sites like HomeAway, Vrbo, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, Home To Go, and Booking.com. If you aren't yet set up with the direct connections, please contact support@ciirus.zendesk.com...

Ciirus Technical Supporting

I consider myself "savvy" in computer, but it does not make me an expert. It is on me to learn how to handle the software/application, however to all of us to succeed, we need a good support. Ciirus support team is not only good, they are one of the best support team I have ever worked with. I feel comfortable to count on their team, and confident that I will complete my task on time. They are professionals, courteous and agile. Congrats to the team!

Pros

It is fast, logical and concise. The new software features makes the process faster and provide us with a clear view of our business day-to-day results in a simple "touch-of-a-button". We like everything, from the "one-point of contact" platform, which allows us to have a 360 view of all our rentals in a diverse Vacation Home sites, to the taxes reports.

Cons

So far, there is nothing I like the least.

Ciirus is user friendly and efficient.

Ciirus makes quoting and keeping track of guests a breeze.

Pros

From the convenient Dashboard to the easy reports, Ciirus has made my day to day so much easier. Out of all of the softwares that I have used in my years of work, Ciirus has been by far the best.

Cons

Some of the calendar fields, especially in reports cannot be filled in manually, it requires you to scroll through month by month and when you are trying to pull a report starting from 2017 it could be a bit tedious.

Hi Catherine, Thank you very much for your kind feedback. It has been a pleasure for all of us to work with you and your company. I do have some good news, I think I can solve the con that you listed. When you want to go back in time on a report, instead of clicking the arrow to go back month by month, if you click on the name of the month, it changes so that each time you click the arrow it goes back one whole year. If you have any trouble with this, feel free to email our team at support@ciirus.zendesk.com so they can give you a walk through. Thanks again for your loyal business! Kind regards, The CiiRUS Team.

Failed Implementation - Know what you are buying

Overall it was an extremely expensive learning exercise for us. Their onboarding fee is quite high and I'm still not sure what we paid for. Basic implementation training can be achieved with their video training, they scrape the websites of existing bookings on HA to build properties, they use pretty basic templates for websites. As I said we were 5 weeks into implementation. Go Live Day we...

Pros

We originally chose Ciirus because we were told they were fully integrated with the channels we did business with and they have features and functionality to support our electronic doorlocks, revenue management, housekeeping and guest portal. Unfortunately, we couldn't get it all working and after about 5 weeks of trying pulled the plug.

Cons

There are two versions of the software... the SAAS version that they call ONE and a Windows version. ONE supposedly is their go forward platform but it is difficult to use from a booking/reservation management standpoint and while the Windows version does a pretty good job for callin reservations it lacks all of the functionality of One. We found ourselves bouncing from screen to screen to find...

We are so glad we switched from our previous reservation software.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the layout allows you to navigate seamlessly through the system Ciirus meets all our needs from putting in work orders, allocation of cleans and placing reservations. This is a multi faceted system. The team at Ciirus are very helpful and really want you to succeed. Since joining with Ciirus we have increased our bookings with being able to partner with Homeaway, Airbnb, through their system. We have basically cut down our errors to zero, as long as the data is inputted correctly, Ciirus is always right lol.

Cons

There are so many facets to the system, we are learning new things and coming across new ways of working. I would definitely recommend detailed training on the system, especially when you first start to use it. The Ciirus team are so helpful

Ciirus fully considers the property manager and is open to whatever ideas we have!

The ability to maintain traction of all incoming and outgoing guests! Ciirus keeps very detailed notes of everything that is done, which makes it easy to track down the history and keep track of the many events that occur throughout a guest's stay.

Pros

I like that it has so many features! Many of which I haven't even ventured into yet, but plan to. I like that there are support videos for almost everything. I refer to those a lot when taking on a new feature of the software.

Cons

As much as I love seeing the new features of a new software update, it will be nice when things are automatically updated in a web version! It will also be great to be able to use Ciirus on a mac or mobile device at some point.

Review for Ciirus program

I have been using Ciirus for many years now, almost from the beginning, and it is the best thing ever for my vacation-business, - both as management and as booking agent. It is very cost effective, user friendly and very expandable into new features every year. I look forward to grow with them into the future! And the staff is great too!

Pros

Calendar sync that gives me the opportunity to rent as many home as as I wish - no limit.

Cons

Home owners can not make templates themselves to send out to their owner bookings. Calendar sync homes that I do not wish to use is not possible for me to delete in the list from supplier - supplier must do it for me.

Central Piece in our Operations

Ciirus has been an important part of our operations. Besides its core functionalities are central for our company, our relationship with the whole team makes all the difference from the self-proclaimed major software packages competition out there. Thanks guys! Keep on rockin!!

Pros

Software has a vast amount of crucial features and it is useful in all aspects of our operations enabling all departments interact within the same environment.

Cons

It demands a significant learning curve to integrate the whole team into it.

Easy to use & great customer support

We have increased our portfolio of homes and sales revenue by using the Ciirus software

Pros

Really easy to use. Very simple and straightforward when producing owner statements. The support from the Ciirus team is first class. Very friendly and approachable. Also with Ciirus you have the added bonus of working with Love Rentals and they work very hard to get you good bookings. We are very happy with Ciirus.

Cons

It would be good if we could store documents related to the owner and have an email too build within Ciirus.

Just what we needed!

We needed a single piece of software which allowed us the flexibility to connect with a variety of travel companies and property managers via API/XML, websites and online portals, whilst also providing a robust property management and accounting back office system. Ciirus ticked all of these boxes and more, we really couldn't be any happier with our experience.

Pros

The software is very comprehensive, yet easy to understand and is continually updated with new features.

Cons

I honestly struggle to think of things I dislike about the software.

Good Software With Lots of Opportunity

My overall experience has been very positive and I would recommend Ciirus to all property managers in the Vacation Rental industry.

Pros

Integration with Beyond Pricing is a life saver and this may be my favorite feature. I also like the LOS discount, rate set details, and Property Assistant.

Cons

Constant glitches in the IMAGES portion of Homes and Details. For two years we have has constant issues with uploading or deleting photos that caused us to lose dozens of hours and days over that time-frame. A tiered LOS discount or seasonal LOS discount would be amazing and I understand that is coming. We need that now and are patiently waiting on it.

My Honest Feedback

Pros

Loved when they came out with CIIRUS ONE version of the software, the online version. I work with a Mac, and that made my life much easier. They are adding many new features that are very cool to work with...I still have to learn how to use them though. Customer service is great, always helpful.

Cons

For me, CIIRUS software is not that easy to use, but customer service is very helpful answering all questions, walking you through some steps if needed.

Ciirus

Pros

Since I have purchased Ciirus as our management software program my life has changed. The functionality and ease of use has made the maintenance of almost 90 properties quite manageable. The Ciirus team is always there with answers to my questions and they are constantly improving their services. I am very happy to have Ciirus on our team for our property management

Cons

Some issues with Airbnb that makes things difficult sometimes. Pricing is off from time to time. Homeaway and VRBO have been perfect however. It is not a breeze to get everything together in the beginning but once things are set it makes EVERYTHING easier.