CiiRUS Logo

CiiRUS

Intuitive vacation rental and property management software

CiiRUS Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.8/10

Reviews by rating

They are amazing to work with and always respond promptly. I really feel like they take the time to listen to us and to help us bavigate through the learning experience.
Very friendly and approachable. Also with Ciirus you have the added bonus of working with Love Rentals and they work very hard to get you good bookings.
I like the easiness of the program and the way you can navigate through all aspects. Also the integration aspect with other programs and websites makes it super easy to run our business.
I had some problems with system unavailability. Sometimes I was offline.
Sadly, as the company grew over the years, the customer service decreased, the price continually went up, the more updates the more glitches there were.
Also to be able to customize the appearance and lay out of owner statements which are IMHO too long and confusing.

SA

Sandra A.

Ciirus Technical Supporting

I consider myself "savvy" in computer, but it does not make me an expert. It is on me to learn how to handle the software/application, however to all of us to succeed, we need a good support. Ciirus support team is not only good, they are one of the best support team I have ever worked with. I feel comfortable to count on their team, and confident that I will complete my task on time. They are professionals, courteous and agile. Congrats to the team!

Pros

It is fast, logical and concise. The new software features makes the process faster and provide us with a clear view of our business day-to-day results in a simple "touch-of-a-button". We like everything, from the "one-point of contact" platform, which allows us to have a 360 view of all our rentals in a diverse Vacation Home sites, to the taxes reports.

Cons

So far, there is nothing I like the least.

AK

Ashley K.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

CiiRus is good. I feel like it can be great if it gets all features to function properly. Trey is great over at customer support, I feel like he makes our CiiRus experience a lot easier and help make sense of things. If it were not for him my review may reflect differently. There's just a lot of features still needing to be worked out.

Pros

What is the best about this software is all the features it has. However some do not work to the best ability and are faulty. Hopefully the updates will fix this.

Cons

I do not like how every time you would like to include financials it has all the column choosers pop up every time and doesn't save the amount you would like to keep. Just a hassle. Its a lot to look at and is annoying when you need to just see a few rather than all columns.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great ideas that fall short on delivery

Ciirus was a last minute decision to help assist with the purchase of a rental company. They have great ideas and could be a major player in this field. They unfortunately are trying to expand and grow too fast to keep control of the program, therefore failing miserably with customer satisfaction.

Pros

The concept of the whole program that Ciirus has come up with is great, and they have a lot of good ideas on the platform

Cons

The program is loaded with bugs and glitches that makes using it a regular frustration. Getting help from the help desk in not as quick or easy as you would expect, even a non reply occuring every now and then. I've even been told regarding one of the glutches that they can't figure out why it changes the dollar numbers from one screen to the next. Kind of an important item in business, not to mess with billing. Last update crashed my computer, and locked me out of Ciirus for over a day.

Thank you very much for this feedback. I'd like to learn more about the specific difficulties you've encountered and see what I can do to help. Your experience described is not consistent with the larger sentiment from our happy customers, so it's extremely important we have the opportunity to deliver that same value to you. We have brought in significant resources to track with the heightened demand for our services - it's unacceptable that you've experienced such delays and errors. Would you mind emailing communications@ciirus.com so we can talk more about the problems you've had, and do what we can to correct course? Thank you so much. Kind regards, The CiiRUS Team

SS

Susie S.

Ciirus Vacation Rental Software

We love that our reservations are in one place and we are able to manage them. We also love the communication with the cleaners and the ease of knowing when the property is cleaned and ready to go. It also makes paying the cleaners so easy!!

Pros

This software is easy to use and understand. I also enjoy that the team listens when you have any problem and takes action to correct it. They are regularly rolling out updates and improvement to the website.

Cons

Any time you have a new product you have a learning curve. I was selected to test the new financial software side of Ciirus. I expected many more issues that we encountered and found the training team to be very knowledgeable and willing to help in any way possible. Most of the problems I had was my learning curve in using the product, not an issue on the Ciirus side. When we did find an issue it was immediately reported and corrected as soon as possible. I am very pleased with the software.

Hi Susie, It was such a pleasure working with you and your team to roll out the new Trust Accounting module. You guys have exemplary accounting practices which are a perfect fit for all of the bookkeeping and finance tools CiiRUS has to offer. We know that picking up new features can be daunting, but it's our goal to support you as much as possible with online, in-person, and phone support. Please never hesitate to contact us whenever you need a fresher or when it's time to learn more about what's new. Major updates and features are launching consistently, so be on the look out! Sincerely yours, Josh at CiiRUS.

CU

Catherine U.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

Good but could be a whole lot better

Pros

It covers all the basics requirements for a booking software

Cons

The ical calendar is slow to sync with my other listing websites, can take up to an hour or more. It is clunky to use and I've had several glitches that can take quite some time to resolve.

Hi Catherine, This is great feedback. iCal integrations are notoriously unreliable, and provide developers like us with very little flexibility to help - this is why we provide comprehensive 2-way API feeds to connect you with sites like HomeAway, Vrbo, Airbnb, TripAdvisor, Home To Go, and Booking.com. If you aren't yet set up with the direct connections, please contact support@ciirus.zendesk.com...

CM

Catherine M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Ciirus is user friendly and efficient.

Ciirus makes quoting and keeping track of guests a breeze.

Pros

From the convenient Dashboard to the easy reports, Ciirus has made my day to day so much easier. Out of all of the softwares that I have used in my years of work, Ciirus has been by far the best.

Cons

Some of the calendar fields, especially in reports cannot be filled in manually, it requires you to scroll through month by month and when you are trying to pull a report starting from 2017 it could be a bit tedious.

Hi Catherine, Thank you very much for your kind feedback. It has been a pleasure for all of us to work with you and your company. I do have some good news, I think I can solve the con that you listed. When you want to go back in time on a report, instead of clicking the arrow to go back month by month, if you click on the name of the month, it changes so that each time you click the arrow it goes back one whole year. If you have any trouble with this, feel free to email our team at support@ciirus.zendesk.com so they can give you a walk through. Thanks again for your loyal business! Kind regards, The CiiRUS Team.

TR

Ted R.

Best Software Yet and Getting Better

Love it! The onboarding team has been beyond great!

Pros

Everything especially how customizable it is!Accounting is top notch and not found in others

Cons

The integration with other channels and optionalSoftware was a bit bumpy.Takes a bit to get in the flow and get moving on Ciirus …not a negative just some info to be aware of.

Thank you for taking the time to share this kind review, we're happy to hear you are pleased with both our team and our software and we look forward to continuing to support you and your business!

wc

william c.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Excellent Service

Very Satisfied

Pros

The product is very easy to use, they provide assistance every step of the way when intigrating

Cons

It would be good if we could make a cbooking canellation without having to go to management companies

William - Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your experience with our solutions, we value your feedback about the cancellation process as we are always looking for ways to continue to improve! Thank you again for sharing this!

Ms

Mandi s.

We are so glad we switched from our previous reservation software.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the layout allows you to navigate seamlessly through the system Ciirus meets all our needs from putting in work orders, allocation of cleans and placing reservations. This is a multi faceted system. The team at Ciirus are very helpful and really want you to succeed. Since joining with Ciirus we have increased our bookings with being able to partner with Homeaway, Airbnb, through their system. We have basically cut down our errors to zero, as long as the data is inputted correctly, Ciirus is always right lol.

Cons

There are so many facets to the system, we are learning new things and coming across new ways of working. I would definitely recommend detailed training on the system, especially when you first start to use it. The Ciirus team are so helpful

We have been using Ciirus since it started.

Pros

I like the easiness of the program and the way you can navigate through all aspects. Also the integration aspect with other programs and websites makes it super easy to run our business!

Cons

The company is rapidly growing and they are loosing the lack of personal care they use to have. They are making so many changes to the software constantly and it becomes hard to keep up. Then it is very hard to also try and get in contact with someone who can help.

KN

Kerry N.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

CiiRUS software makes vacation property management way easier!

Pros

The CiiRUS team is always working to improve their product

Cons

Reports functionality needs to be easier to customize

DO

Dawn O.

Used other for less than 6 months

NIGHTMARE!!! Worst Software and Service in the Industry

Lack of performance, lack of delivery. They are not dedicated to get the job done. They don't care about their customers experience. Customer service in this industry is hugely important and their Customer Service does not make the grade. They were fired but still charging my account. Staff is non-responsive, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] don't seem to care, overall software modules are out of step with each other. Biggest waste of time and money, lack of performance to get the job done. DON'T GO WITH THEM, DON'T PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THIS NIGHTMARE. They don't get the job done. Go somewhere else.

Pros

HUGE MISTAKE TO GO WITH THEM. MUCH BETTER COMPANIES OUT THERE. RUN. This isn't the software you need to run or manage your vacation rentals. The software is broken, the desktop version and internet version are completely out of step with each other - doesn't update the database correctly. The on boarding process was the worst process ever experienced. You have a session with them and it was as if the conversation never happened. They did as they pleased, not what was required or requested. Customer service is very bad. They were fired for non-performance, but still charged our account. There is no PRO, you get sold a bundle of goods that isn't delivered. They are not ready for prime time.

Cons

DON'T SIGN WITH THEM!!! NIGHTMARE!!! They can't get the job done. This isn't the company for you, thee are better ones out there. You are better off throwing your money out the window of a moving car. Performance of the customer service is the worst I have seen in my career. They do as they want, not as requested. The software is not organized from a user perspective. Unacceptable turnaround time in every area. All aournd lack of performance, and they don't seem to care. They are not a professional organization, but a start up gone wrong.

SD

Sydney D.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Ciirus fully considers the property manager and is open to whatever ideas we have!

The ability to maintain traction of all incoming and outgoing guests! Ciirus keeps very detailed notes of everything that is done, which makes it easy to track down the history and keep track of the many events that occur throughout a guest's stay.

Pros

I like that it has so many features! Many of which I haven't even ventured into yet, but plan to. I like that there are support videos for almost everything. I refer to those a lot when taking on a new feature of the software.

Cons

As much as I love seeing the new features of a new software update, it will be nice when things are automatically updated in a web version! It will also be great to be able to use Ciirus on a mac or mobile device at some point.

BK

Birgit K.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

Review for Ciirus program

I have been using Ciirus for many years now, almost from the beginning, and it is the best thing ever for my vacation-business, - both as management and as booking agent. It is very cost effective, user friendly and very expandable into new features every year. I look forward to grow with them into the future! And the staff is great too!

Pros

Calendar sync that gives me the opportunity to rent as many home as as I wish - no limit.

Cons

Home owners can not make templates themselves to send out to their owner bookings. Calendar sync homes that I do not wish to use is not possible for me to delete in the list from supplier - supplier must do it for me.

LL

Laure L.

Hospitality, self-employed

My Honest Feedback

Pros

Loved when they came out with CIIRUS ONE version of the software, the online version. I work with a Mac, and that made my life much easier. They are adding many new features that are very cool to work with...I still have to learn how to use them though. Customer service is great, always helpful.

Cons

For me, CIIRUS software is not that easy to use, but customer service is very helpful answering all questions, walking you through some steps if needed.

MT

Marcio T.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Central Piece in our Operations

Ciirus has been an important part of our operations. Besides its core functionalities are central for our company, our relationship with the whole team makes all the difference from the self-proclaimed major software packages competition out there. Thanks guys! Keep on rockin!!

Pros

Software has a vast amount of crucial features and it is useful in all aspects of our operations enabling all departments interact within the same environment.

Cons

It demands a significant learning curve to integrate the whole team into it.

CR

Connie R.

Rent Sunny Florida Loves Ciirus

Pros

The training was wonderful with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].The support team responds quickly and always resolves the issue.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps stir us in the right direction at all times with whatever we need. The entire team is great to deal with.

Cons

I wish it was easier to connect with other channels.

Ciirus has helped me jump start my business

Helped get a head start on my business

Pros

Customer Service is great, quick, and very helpful. Software is easy to navigate and use. Easy to find homes, add homes, features, descriptions, etc...

Cons

You need to pay or contact support for certain access. A little expensive when you have a lot of properties but they have options you can work with.

EM

Elsie Mae C.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Ciirus combines property management with reservations

Pros

Great customer support. Easy to use once you master the basics, but you can always check out the training videos or schedule your own training call.

Cons

Ciirus is getting better, but it does not handle Canadian taxes well - we have developed workarounds but don't think we should need to.

GH

Gina H.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Easy to use software!

Pros

The platform is easy to navigate, and draws the eyes to relevant areas.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment but I will let you know

SB

Sarah B.

We love Ciirus!

Pros

The implementation of this was a seamless a transition as it could have been given the large amount of data that we had to bring over. Switching software companies definitely feels more daunting than choosing an initial software, and we love that the Ciirus team is available to help any time we need!

Cons

Some of the reporting feels a little clunky, but we are always able to request something new or different, and they are quick to accommodate us.

Wow - Thank you for this feedback Sarah! We're happy to hear you're pleased with our solutions and appreciate your kind words about our support team!

RN

Rafael N.

I Love using Ciirus, it is a lifesaver. Their customer service is outstanding!!

Pros

Great Software!! This software makes it much easier to manage our properties. I would recommend this software to all Property Managers.

MK

Mylena K.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Difficulty using Ciirus

Pros

Website always stops working, connection with Homeaway and Tripadvisor always have problems managing reservations, website editing system is very difficult.

Cons

From the difficulty of understanding the system

BH

Breean H.

Used other for less than 6 months

Worst experience EVER!

Pros

Works with all OTA's and good sales team!

Cons

The training was not sufficient to get our business live and the off boarding process and communication was painful and sent our company into a tailspin for over a week . I've sent several emails over a month ago and placed several calls with no response until today. This overall process in five words was Over-promised and Under-delivered. Ciirus charged me for a service that was never able to go...

MA

Mario A.

Excellent product

Ciirus products and customer service are top quality. We've had an excellent experience working with them.

Cons

Thank you for your response and insight!