Brosix Reviews

4.63/5 (67 reviews)

Anonymous

A great team chat with a cool retro style

Reviewed 2019-09-19

I used Brosix to set up a few private team network chats for some of my best clients, and I've always been satisfied by it. People who work in the tech field often require specific tools tailored upon their unique needs, and Brosix has always prove to be flexible yet secure enough. I advised several companies to install and use it, and so far, my experience has always been positive.

Pros
Brosix is incredibly simple to set up and use. You just install it, and no maintenance is required. Even those technically impaired ducks who fumble with nearly all other instant messenger app were able to catch up with it in no time. The full end-to-end encryption on all communication channels means that is amazingly secure as well, which is a great selling point especially for tech enterprises and organizations that must struggle with strict compliance requirements (I'm thinking about HIPAA, for example). On top of that, I found it much lighter than other chats such as Skype, which is always a bonus.

Cons
Some people complained about its "retro" style that makes it look like a somewhat old tool. However, I personally appreciate this style since it has a cool nostalgia feel that is particularly appealing to the nerdiest tech geeks out there. I understand that not everybody may like this design, though, so ultimately YMMV.

Holly Jensen

Reliable and Secure Instant Messenger

Reviewed 2019-11-14

There are a lot of features that we love using, easy to use and the cost is competitive.

Pros
Security, ease of use and costs. It was very easy to set up and even easier to maintain.

Cons
In the beginning, we had several setup issues and support was hard to get a hold of. In recent years they have improved the support and it's much easier to contact them. We do not use the web or mobile version of the IM due to the inability to mute chat rooms/groups as we can do on the desktop.

Julie Swanson

Love it!

Reviewed 2019-12-13

We have not had any issues as of yet with Brosix. Super easy to use

Pros
Brosix makes it easy to communicate with all of our staff. We have 9 different locations up and down the front range of Colorado. So if we need anyone to know anything we just send a quick message. As before we were having to email or call to relay messages. We all love it!

Cons
There is nothing that we don't like about Brosix

Kelly Nortrom

Great collaboration tool!

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Brosix has been so helpful in coordinating with team members and sometimes customers. I'm able to use status states that Brosix creates to indicate to others if I'm available or not; additionally, I've been able to create my own custom ones that are helpful to let others know not only that I'm unavailable, but I have created other custom status states that handle specific scenarios (particularly "conducting webinar", "focused project", and "break") so they know if they need to avoid messaging me at all (such as when I'm in a webinar and can't have messages pop up on my screen for everyone watching the webinar to see.) Also, they have lots of nice features that I use frequently, such as sharing my screen, sending files/screenshots, creating a chat group with multiple contacts, and viewing history. We also use the Profile message to state what our schedule is for the next several days. It makes it much easier to coordinate with people to see their schedule on our dashboard without having to ask them.

Pros
Ease of use, ability to see each others profile messages at-a-glance, lots of useful features available

Cons
Sometimes gets wonky after updates (either super tiny or super large font/icons), doesn't save any part of ongoing conversations to log file if the computer crashes

Amy Sutter

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Pros
Able to communicate with other offices quickly

Cons
Hard to delete group conversations and is not consistent in showing history, deletes some messages without request.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Brandy Walton

Great Messenger for our offices

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Allows us to train and couch our agents without clients knowing. We set up groups which is great on our end depending on who we need to communicate with all at one time. Can also share screens to help in more detail or send documents within the Brosix messenger. Has been a great fit for our agency.

Pros
We have 3 offices. Brosix allows each office to communicate, especially if someone is with a client or on the phone. Brosix is easy to install and add each when we add agents to our offices.

Cons
With groups, not sure how to remove an agent when they are no longer with the agency or with that specific department.

Sergio Musa

The best tool to connect employees

Reviewed 2019-11-14

The experience in general is excellent, it is the only tool we use in the company for communication between employees, the history of the conversations is a remarkable function.

Pros
The ease of use, the implementation in the company was very easy, it is constantly improving functionalities, technical support, many tools such as support and video conferencing.

Cons
The price is a bit high for a company with few employees. I think they could have different prices by volume, for small businesses and accompany them in their growth.

Ali Vara

Stay in Touch

Reviewed 2019-11-15

Our team uses Brosix all day, every day. We use Brosix to communicate live for quick responses, inquiries, as well as to provide support for all team members.

Pros
Our team enjoys the ease of use, dependability, and streamline of communication

Cons
As of now, with a few years of experience with Brosix, we have not found a portion that we do not like.

Brent Bastian

Great Product - Simple & Clean

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Pros
Lots of features in this software for a small price. Screen Share, File Share, Co-Browsing, IM, Chat Rooms, etc. Very intuitive and simple to use

Cons
Occasional connection issues. Have had to have our database moved to a new server to correct an issue

Eoin Gregory

Great secure messaging service with clients for all platforms

Reviewed 2019-11-14

We needed a secure way to communicate sensitive information between users. Brosix allowed us to connect without having to manually setup cumbersome encryption software on top of another piece of software. The multiplatform availability of clients is incredibly helpful allowing us to securely communicate on desktop, mobile phone, laptop, and chromebooks (either as a android app, web browser or as a linux app.)

Pros
Brosix is very easy to setup with a downloadable installer specific to our organization. The users can be setup in bulk or one by one. You can send a broadcast message to a specific group of users (team).

Cons
I'd like to see more/varied emoji or the ability to import emojis.

Becky Graham

Great Communication system

Reviewed 2019-10-14

We are able to immediately solve signage issues right away because when someone discovers that there is a problem, we are able to communicate and get the problem fixed right away and this helps our company on so many levels. We are all (as far as I know) very happy with this product. I will recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great way to communicate in a large company.

Pros
I work for a High End Natural/Conventional Grocery Store and we have multiple stores. I am a graphics Design person and we have other Graphic Design people in our other stores and We use Brosix all day to communicate with each other. We are responsible for all of the signage that customers see, so it's very important to make sure we are all on the same page and Brosix's makes sure that happens! We are able to create a group chat so that we can all have an impute on what's needed to be created. It's like we are all together virtually! Never have had a problem with it that I can't fix or adjust.

Cons
that some times when it updates, it does makes the font's smaller? for some reason. Speaking of fonts size, I do have a hard time figuring out to make the fonts size bigger and maybe a different font.

Joanna Sanders

Brosix Pros/Cons

Reviewed 2019-10-14

I love brosix. Apart from the few glitches in the system, it runs smooth the majority of the time. It is a true time saver and makes my job easier.

Pros
I like how easy and efficient it is to give messages through the office without calling or hunting down my co workers. We can also broadcast messages to certain people which is nice as well. I love the chatroom feature which make is easier and you can inform the people that need to know something about a case without having to message them individually. I like the customizing options as well. It's not too much where it's overwhelming, but just enough to where it makes it easier to identify the users.

Cons
There are some issues but not always. It's usually when an update is available. I wish there was a notice that would go out when an update was available and we could update it that way, kind of like how the apple phone does. But, usually, the program will not work as well and then we know to uninstall and then reinstall the new version.

Shelby Tuisku

Exceptional Messaging Application!

Reviewed 2019-10-21

Brosix is overall a wonderful tool at our business! Quick communication with no techy headaches!

Pros
This software is great for so many reasons. The company I work at is a fast growing family owned business, so when we have customer phone calls coming in all day long, we don't have time to put them on hold to research answers to their questions! Using Brosix with our contact center and management team really helps us efficiently and effectively communicate throughout our office with just the use of our fingertips!

Cons
I don't have any complaints about this software, it's so cool that you are also able to personalize your own message backgrounds and even send emojis!

Travis Velasquez

Why you'll Love Brosix

Reviewed 2019-12-13

My overall experience has been nothing but great. It is really easy to use and administer. The back end is very user friendly.

Pros
The software is easy to use and as an administrator you can support it from anywhere. It consistently is upgraded with better features and abilities at no extra cost. You can contact support and they will fix any feasible issue that you have in a short time.

Cons
Wish you could log in more than one device simultaneously.

Robert N

Not disruptive like other apps

Reviewed 2019-09-08

Simply put, Brosix keeps me connected in a way that’s easy, intuitive, and secure. And that allows me to focus on my work and my clients.

Pros
As a freelancer, I was provided access to the platform by one of my customers. The last thing I wanted was another disruptive messaging app or an overly-complicated software with a steep learning curve. Brosix isn’t that at all. Working remotely, it not only keeps my communication synchronous with the in-house team, but in a way that’s less intrusive or noisy than other apps. And the unlimited size P2P file transfer has been a huge plus. No more hassles sending docs and data via email!

Cons
Brosix doesn’t feature the app integrations as some of the big boys. UX could also be a bit simplistic for some of the techies out there.

David Heup

Talk to me... and more

Reviewed 2019-11-14

FreedomProject Academy is an online school. Our teachers are spread out over the world. As the person in charge of supporting them, Brosix is invaluable in the amount of time I save troubleshooting problems. By taking control of their screen, I am able to see what's happening and then click implement solutions. The teachers use Brosix to communicate with the members of their team. It is much more convenient than email.

Pros
Brosix goes beyond just messaging by allowing me to share my screen or the other person's screen. As the Technology Support person responsible for helping people all over the world, this is very valuable.

Cons
It will only allow me to log in from one device. I would like to get notifications on my phone and then use my computer to respond. I can't do that without logging out and then in.

Jennifer Jones

Very useful

Reviewed 2019-11-19

Love it! Very useful!

Pros
My staff loves using this software. We can deliver messages to other staff members while we are in meetings or send one out a blast chat to everyone in a group chat. Very effective way to communicate without running to everyone's offices, everything is in writing which keeps everyone on the same page and prompts new ideas by getting everyone's input.

Cons
Need more emojis! Some of them don't quite cover our needs.

Sadiqa Oenning

Communication between offices

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Pros
The ease of communication between offices, even in other states or on the go with the mobile app. In this industry it is important to be able to communicate with your team members and get a quick response and Brosix allows us to do that.

Cons
There is not much that I can complain about with Brosix. I occasionally with have to restart it if the application is not functioning properly.

Ben Farwell

Exactly What We Needed

Reviewed 2019-11-14

We frequently need to share info on the fly with other agents in the office to help them to assist the customer another agent is working with. Brosix allows us to discretely send info in real time, and it gives the impression to the customer that the rep they're working with is always on the ball, even if the rep needed a little help.

Pros
Ease of use & quick file sharing makes helping reps in our office a breeze

Cons
The app on my phone doesn't really sync well with the conversation threads on the desktop app

Greg Schindler

For all size companies

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Very good customer service and support. Pricing is decent, but good for what you get. Its definitely a superior product compared to competition.

Pros
The software was easy to implement both on a PC and cell phones.

Cons
We had connectivity issues early on when on cell phones, but that appears to have been mitigated

Cristal Pena

Reviewed 2019-10-14

I overall like the software and would definitely recommend to other businesses

Pros
I like the over all software makes it very easy for all of our offices to keep in contact

Cons
Tech support I don't like how you cant communicate directly with someone you have to leave a message and they call back a few days later. it would be better if someone was available right away to fox the issue.

David Ginsberg

Long time user Brosix

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Inter office communications vital between different users to obtain customer call backs and other important information that needs to be sent throughout the day Also like ability to be able to transfer files and screen share

Pros
Great value for money and been a long time user or 5 plus years

Cons
No chat bot due to time zone/country differences Would like more functionality in basic level

Jack Lucivero

We love Brosix

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Pros
We love the screen sharing feature as well as how you can group the users into different sites. Also love the chat rooms to send out messages company wide.

Cons
No strong passwords or AD integration. For ease of creating new user accounts and managing users, AD integration is a must. Stronger passwords also for better security.

Alex Oliver

Great messaging system for office

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Pros
Our office has been using Brosix since we moved into our new space 4 years ago. It has completely streamlined our message taking process as well as made inter-office memos a breeze.

Cons
I don’t have any complaints about the software, it would be great if a few more of the custom features came with the base package

JAVONDA ELLISON

THE BEST INTEROFFICE AND INTRAOFFICE COMMUNICATION SYSTEM

Reviewed 2019-10-14

COMMUNICATION ISSUES ARE RESOLVED QUICKER AND ANSWERS AND SOLUTIONS ARE GIVEN AMONG DEPARTMENTS, LESS HOLD TIMES WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS AND QUICKER RESOLVES ACROSS THE ORGANIZATION.

Pros
THE VERSALITILTY AND THE FACT THAT ANYONE USING BROSIX ANYWHERE CAN COMMUNICATE WHETHER IN OFFICE OR OUT.

Cons
NONE AT THIS TIME. I THINK THIS SOFTWARE IS THE BEST I HAVE TRIED!