Ooma Office

All-in-one VoIP solution for businesses of all sizes.

visit website

Ooma Office Reviews

Pros

Ease of set up, the service is reliable, call quality is good, great price and many extras, and customer service is top notch (if you need them at all).

Sharon B.

Jordan B.

Very easy to setup out of the box and get running with their config site, TONS of features for something priced so low, very easy to use, LOVE the options, price is amazing.

Scott F.

Cons

It was a little confusing on how to remove the virtual receptionist.

Shirley H.

Recording for the virtual receptionists requires a weird record and upload instead of just being able to do it from the app.

Mata A.

They seem to crash or don't sync with my phone as often.

Mark B.

Ooma for Home Office

Transcript

Ralph: Hello. My name is Ralph. I work as a director of a nonprofit. And I would give Ooma Office a five...

Ooma Office is good for remote employees

Transcript

Hillary L.: Hi, my name is Hillary, a small business owner. I give Ooma Office four out of five stars....

Love the mobile application along with the desktop application

My overall experience has been amazing. You get a professional quality phone system with the same exact pricing as our previous analog phone system.

Pros

With the mobile phone application, it is extremely easy to disguise my personal cell phone number with our company phone number. The mobile application also has a built-in text message feature with unlimited ability to send and receive messages. As to the desktop application, the ability to place and receive phone calls, text messages, and send faxes really makes the Ooma platform ideal for small businesses such as ours.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about the software is some of the features with respect to the tutorials that Ooma has available to ensure the staff becomes familiar and comfortable with the use of the program. There are several features such as Call Park, Call Flip, and a few others. While these features are amazing in theory they are somewhat difficult to learn how to use them.

Ooma with the Save! Critical especially during Covid 19 Pandemic

We are using this product exclusively for our firm. The Ooma support staff is always accessible even during pandemic craziness. The sales rep has always been available even after activating the product. I am so happy that I selected Ooma as our phones and fax provider.

Pros

I love the Voice IP system. When the Stay-In-place order was issued by the California Governor, we had little time to react beause the immediate future ws uncertain as to having our business remain open with on-site workers. I was able to make a quick decision to have essential staff literally take the phone system home and plug it into their home internet connection. The phones were amazing as they were plug and play ready. Each line has its own fax capability which was added for a small price. This allowed staff members to file documents and correspondence with digital fax capabilities. Simply Save Documents as PDF and Send. The next major feature that was amazing was the Digitial Receptionsit for call directing.

Cons

I believe if Ooma offered a tutorial reviewing all of the features to be provided directly after activation would have been able to get the staff up to date on the new product. Some staff members indicated that obtaining information as to the use of each feature was not simple to locate on their own.

Ooma Office is a critial tool

The company and support team have been great to deal with. Not only has the customer service been superb, but the quality of the product (phones) and service (call quality) has been amazing. While the app could use some minor work, it is a great service that fulfills its job and more.

Pros

I have had a great experience with Ooma Office for our business phone service. It has features that we need, and they continue to innovate with new offerings.

Cons

The app could be better-- it lacks some features, but also may sometimes miss calls

Easy to use, but prepare for issues

I took over phone responsibilities for another small company, which had a virtual 800 # they used for everything. I started an Ooma Office account, bought all their equipment and phones, ordered their service and ported my 800 number to my Ooma Office provided number - all as they suggested. Without delay I started getting hit with SPAM calls daily, lots of them, which are coming from the local exchange...

Pros

Cons

My two biggest issues have been call quality and spam calls, both of which COULD be issues from my end admittedadly, but not likely. I've got a very fast internet connection, and had no spam call issues before switching to ooma office. After the switch, I get 15 to 20 robo calls per day, and when I take calls I generally have to speak quite slowly so that words don't drop. Also, their tech support personnel leave a bit to be desired and take days to get back to you, IF at all, and only give you partial answers.

Affordable VOIP/eFax with most features you'll ever need in the base license

Overall, they've been great to deal with. Pre-provisioned phones were plug and play. Porting numbers in was painless on Ooma's end.

Pros

Cost per line is very affordable at $20 per line. Android/iOS soft phone and eFax included in base rate. The only downside is softphone for PC/Mac requires upgraded license.

Cons

Voicemail transcription is an extra cost, as is PC/Mac softphone, which is a bummer. Otherwise, no complaints.

Small Business Phone Solution

Overall I am very pleased with the Ooma phone system. It provides a numerous amount of practical features for a very reasonable price. Customer service has been very responsive when needed and with good follow up to make sure all issues were addressed.

Pros

The ease of set up and use. I could easily add all users and setup calling configuration will little instruction.

Cons

Faxing documents has some limitations on page orientation and upload size. Voice mail to text not included with basic package.

A Solid Option For Small Businesses

The Ooma platform has been great for our office. The apps and web portal give us everything we need to have a customized set up. The only problems we've had have been hardware related, and those were resolved by their support team.

Pros

The Ooma Business platform is pretty robust and easy to setup and use. We've been able to deploy phones and fax and our clients get a professional experience when they call us.

Cons

There are a couple of quality of life features missing, i.e. you can text from mobile, but not from desktop.

Best VoIP for the money

Great experience. It was so simple to set up, I only wish I didn't have to pay extra for the desktop app.

Pros

Cons

Desktop app and call recording are only available with a higher prices plan. Occasionally there is a little static on the call or echo, but it could be my internet service as I am out in the country and only get DSL.

Ooma Software is a great solution

I have it installed and it works great. For the money and the support I don't think there is a better option. I am a former Ring Central customer.

Pros

Simple Installation Soft phone is excellent and flexible

Cons

The base station and or phones need an occasional reboot

OOMA OFFICE

AS A RESULT OF USING THE SYSTEM, WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MAKE OUR COMPANY APPEAR A LOT LARGER AS WE CONTINUALLY GROW. ADDITIONALLY, WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO WORK MORE REMOTELY.

Pros

MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE A GROWING ELECTRICAL COMPANY. IT WAS SO BENEFICIAL ADDING OOMA OFFICE TO OUR BUSINESS. WE EASILY INTEGRATED IT INTO OUR CURRENT SYSTEM. WE HAD TO WORK OUT A FEW KINKS BUT NOW IT IS A SMOOTHLY RUNNING SYSTEM. AS OUR COMPANY GROWS, WE HAVE THE OPTION TO ADD MORE SEVICES. THAT'S WHAT I LIKE THE MOST.

Cons

OVERALL, THE SYSTEM IS REALLY GOOD. INITIALLY, I HAD CONCERNS WITH SETTING UP EVERYTHING BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE COMPANY HAS IMPROVED A LOT WITHIN THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS. I WOULD ADD A FEW MORE OPTIONS FOR THE VOICE MAIL OPTIONS.

Ooma is Great

Really couldn't be happier with Ooma. We switched from more of a legacy provider and the features that you get with Ooma and for the price make it a 10x times investment for our company for all the features they provide.

Pros

Ooma has amazing support and they are constantly updating their application. Our company has been thrilled with the updates over the years and it is such a reliable product that we feel we are definitely getting the best value we can from them.

Cons

Really happy with everything but my least favorite part about the software would be the apps. They seem to crash or don't sync with my phone as often. We purchased and pay for the Ooma plan for their phones but the apps come free of charge I just wish the apps worked a lot better.

Good for a small business who just needs a phone

Pros

We have used Ooma for several years now and it has served its purpose as our "main" number. Since our office is fairly virtual and we typically deal with customers via email and online meetings, we just needed a phone and Ooma is a good option. Set up was super easy and has been mostly maintenance free. We have customers in both the US and Canada and this service allows calls from both and there is no additional per minute charge when calling Canada. The Virtual assistant, who answers calls when there is no one to take them, was easy to set up and seems to work most of the time. You can create your own recording to answer the calls as well as use the automated voice service.

Cons

While it was easy to set up, we have had a few connectivity issues. Some of it is unpreventable - with a VoIP phone service you need internet, and if that goes out there is a problem. But there have been a few times where the Ooma server was down and we weren't notified. Also there is a function that allows you to have automated withdrawals to pay for account overages. Sometimes this service would not be working and they would cancel our conference bridge subscription without notice. We have used the conference bridge service for a while now and it is mostly reliable, but is most affected by this funding/billing defect.

Ooma Office

Ooma office is great and would recommend to any small business. It is great in price and have had great results with it so far. Our company has been using Ooma for a few years now and have recommended it to a few of our clients.

Pros

Ooma has a great online system that allows you to easily forward calls to your cellphone and send faxes. The online system is very user friendly and I have not had any issues with. Customer service is very repsonsive whenever we have any issues or questions. They generally are able to troubleshoot issues over the phone with in a few minutes and someone always answers right away.

Cons

One con is that there have been several times when the office phones will just go down. This has happened 3-4 times where the line is unable to connect to any signal and we have to call customer support for them to reboot our line. This has been an ongoing issue with one specific line, so may need a new phone but Ooma has been very responsive to this issue.

Affordable, very reliable VOIP phone service

excellent, and I'd recommended to anyone who wants to save some $$$$$

Pros

the ability to have apps on your smart phone & tablet

Cons

it strictly relies on high speed network, and living here in my area, there's outages from the ISP...other than that, it's still pretty good!

Ooma Office is a great VOIP Solution for a SMB

Ooma Office was the perfect solution for us as it replaced all the functionality we had with our local landline option and gave us more flexibility with the mobile app, all for a significant savings of over a $100.00 a month.

Pros

Very easy to use, mobile app, e-fax, phone # porting, very affordable, can use existing phones. There is a desktop app available although it cost extra.

Cons

It's not so much about the software, but the quality of VOIP solutions in general are dependent upon the quality and strength of your internet connection. We are connecting using a WiFI adapter since we don't have direct access to the modem. As a result every once in a while the connection isn't so great so the clarity isn't as great as it could be. The other thing I don't like is that the desktop app is extra.

Great features on mobile app

With Ooma, I am able to leave my business and still get my calls and voicemails no matter where I am. This is really helpful as a single owner/operator of a small business.

Pros

I love being able to forward my business number to my cell phone when not at my business and being able to call using my cell phone as if I was calling from my business number. I also really appreciate being able to see when calls came in and being able to check voice messages.

Cons

I have my cell phone set in a ring group, so when a call comes into my business, it should ring my cell at the same time providing that I am logged into the app. However, if I have it set on wifi only, the call often doesn't completely connect and ring through.

Complete Package

Wet easy to do business with ans works with you satisfy issues.

Pros

Ease of set up and support. Their customer service is spot on!

Cons

There is nothing that we have had an issue with. I have no complaints

Switch Now

Amazing experience! I will not be switching!

Pros

Ooma office is the most versatile and affordable phone service available. We love that we were able to have calls forwarded to a phone in the chance our internet went out. For coronavirus it was a snap to update hours. We no longer receive business hour calls with the short automated service. We also can send and receive both pictures and texts from our company phone number! This is a huge selling point for us! The call clarity is very clear, and we love the service! I have never waited more than 2 min to get a hold of customer service!

Cons

For me the backend is easy to navigate, but I can imagine for others it could be a bit more difficult. I wish individual phone’s answering machines could be setup on the backend of the software and not only via the phone you are setting it up on.

Ooma Rocks

Connecting onsite and offsite employees seamlessly

Pros

The ease of use and implementation. The transition could not have been simpler. Cost is negligible and the features simplify our business processes

Cons

No app for Windows......yet. This is literally the only thing needed to make this complete.

Ooma works great and will save you money.

It has been great especially during the pandemic with everyone working remotely. They can all still use our Ooma system.

Pros

Ease of set up and use, feature rich and easy to learn.

Cons

None that I can think of, system really works well.

OOMA Rocks!

I love it!

Pros

I love that I can use my personal cell phone to call back a client using the OOMA app and have the call appear that I am calling from my office! My personal cell phone remains personal!

Cons

I can't answer text messages using my desktop or laptop computer!

Great product for small business

Exceptional product and service!

Pros

It is remarkably easy to setup... just plug and play and you are up and running!

Cons

There really isn't much that I did not like about the software/hardware. Customer service is a little bit lacking.

Ooma Office is good for remote employees

Ooma makes it really easy to run our office remotely, which is incredibly important currently. If we miss a call, we can easily check the call log. Blocking robo-call numbers is very easy. Setting up the initial extensions and times was a bit confusing, but everything works quite smoothly once done and customer support is excellent.

Pros

Ooma has almost no issues, and relatively quick customer service. It's fairly easy to set-up the phone system with forwarding, extensions and hours of service (we are 24/7). It's easy to check the call logs and to block unwanted robo-calls (this is a newer update).

Cons

Sometimes, setting up the hours where the phone will forward to which extension can be confusing, so we're always double-checking to make sure the phone is transferring through properly.

Fantastic!

Pros

-US Based, 24/7 Support -Friendly Staff -Value

Cons

-Hidden Fees -Extra cost for pro features -I don't always receive my calls in the app.

Best service

Pros

The best feature is their virtual assitant service and the ability to catch up with everything from my phone anytime and anywhere

Cons

There is really nothing i am uncomfortable with.