All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Whereby Reviews

Pros

It is an excellent platform for remote meetings with the best video quality I know, it has allowed me to hold impeccable meetings in various places around the world.

Manuel Alejandro C.

Read the full review
Amazing solution that runs in the browser. No third-party app to install on the computer, which is great and remove any friction.

Read the full review
It is a very stable videoconferencing tool that ensures good performance and quality on all connections.

Alexander F.

Read the full review

Cons

It is too easy to join other groups by mistake. Someone could hump in to a call by mistake, and that’s a bit uncomfortable.

Nir Z.

Read the full review
I got lost a few times trying to find the "room number/name" of the person I needed to talk to.

Kholoud "Kay" A.

Rafael F.

4.5

Whereby Connect you and your team fast and easy

I like these services because I can create one unique link to share with family, friends, and coworkers, with this just enter the link and you are instantly connected. I will add some sort of approval by the admin to join the meeting.

Pros

This service it is easy to use, it is very fast and consumes little to none resources for the machine and connection, I've used it with connections less than 1Mbps of internet speed and I still can share screen and video (not the best quality) but it works. A great option for meetings.

Cons

I can't see any cons just yet. Maybe the interface is too simple (for some people) but I choose performance over graphics any time of the week. (Maybe: One con would be that any person with your personalized link can access to the meeting)

The best in

BEFORE: "Hey, what's your account?" "I don't find you" "Witch one of these 3 old Skype accounts is the new one?" *THREE HOURS LATER* "Hey, here we are" NOW: "Click on this link" "Hey nice, it took like 3 seconds and I'm not frustrated"

Pros

YOUR INTERLOCUTORS DON'T NEED AN ACCOUNT. Or software. Or your nickname. You simply have to send them a short link like appear.in/**yourname** and that's it.

Cons

None. It's a super simple and easy to use solution. Maybe, the fact that not everyone is using it, so sometimes you're forced in use other bad conference solutions.

Super fast and easy connection

I really love the services that Whereby offers. Really easy to use and facilitates solid communications remotely. You all should try it.

Pros

So easy to use, and requires little effort to get connected. Also people you are connecting with do not need an account, all you have to do is send a link and they are in the meeting. I really love the simplicity and the custom room makes it fancy to me. It’s worth the money

Cons

There really isn’t much to dislike with Whereby. My only gross is that the limit of four people isn’t really ideal for people who work with big companies.

I thought it was better than it was

It has to be worked on. The idea is nice and neat, but the competition is far better. Start by organizing the screens on the panel, cut off the mic automatically if the participant go silent etc.

Pros

I liked the simplicity. Reminded me of the initial versions of Skype.

Cons

When I subscribed, to be able to bring more people into the room, it was messy, there was no way I could organize the screens like I do when I'm using Zoom or Skype. Suddenly, my webcam wasn't visible for the participants. I admit that there was a lot of emails exchanged to try and solve the problem, but it was never solved. By that stage I had paid over 70 pounds for the subscription, and decided to cancel something I could never use. No money back was offered.

Wonderful if you can stay in the free version

Pros

It's easy to use and there's no explanation needed when you invite a customer to your room, plus I love the fact that you have your custom room url.

Cons

The limit of 4 people is really tight and forces you to upgrade. Since when I decided to leave it, they integrated a better pricing plan that allows to pay for the room instead of paying per user and that's much better.

Simple, Solid, Effective Product.

Facilitating really solid communication via a remote needs. We were on Zoom for a while but realized its just too complicated for what it offers.

Pros

The ease of use of Whereby is the best part of it. No downloading software, no adding extensions, no asking people to install anything. Everyone can join in really simple. It really helps connecting with clients quickly and efficiently.

Cons

There's not much to dislike, the simplicity of it makes it that easy. Sometimes the connections are spotty.

Finally a screen-sharing tool that doesn't require an extension installation

I have had numerous issues with my research participants dropping off, not being able to connect or getting frustrated because of the video call software. Not having to to explain in entire paragraphs to participanta how to connect is wonderful!

Pros

No need to install an extension. It's simplicity, particularly since we have participants of various technical capabilities

Cons

Haven't found anything yet! But - you still need the app to share your screen on mobile. Recordings cost extra (but still affordable).

Whereby works where others don't

Pros

Whereby helps me talk to people who don't have access to a desktop client like what Zoom has. It also helps me start meetings more fluidly.

Cons

It lacks a lot of features products like Zoom have such as selective sharing and audio sharing.

Terrific tool

It's been a great ride so far.

Pros

It's been really easy to set up an interview between our clients (hiring managers) and the candidates, you don't have to ask for Skype users and go back and forward with emails sharing that information, you only have to set up a "conference room" and share that link, that's it!

Cons

It's almost perfect, I just wish there's some chrome extension or email/calendar client plug-in to make it even easier.

Making my life easy

I use it multiple times per day. Our entire team has become accustomed to using Apprear.in as our central meeting location. We were using Hangouts prior and this has become much more efficient. My connection quality is as expected 99% of the time & outside users gain access without hindrances. As you can see I am a big fan.

Pros

Ease of use, simple for low tech users, fast for our team, centralization, no user accounts or logins

Cons

I have to search for items, no real cons. Switching between small and large rooms can confuse some users.

A reliable and easy-to-use solution to host video calls

Whereby has been a solid solution to easily organize and host consulting calls and "virtual coffees". Its ease of use, and the fact that can be used both on computer, as well as on tablet and smartphone, make it a no-brainer and a tool that should be in every digital business owner's toolkit.

Pros

I had been using a wide variety of video conferencing tools before I started using Whereby and the things I found have made a difference are: — the array of features: you can create customized and branded "virtual rooms" where to host calls, you can have one-on-one and group calls and you can do so both through the web-based version and the smartphone version of Whereby — ease of use for both the...

Cons

The one thing I don't think is ideal about Whereby is the fact that Call Recording is an add-on feature. I wouldn't have an issue with it being an add-on feature available for the Whereby Pro Plan. However, even if one purchases the Pro Plan, he/she needs to purchase Call Recording as a separate add-on (which cannot be bought as a standalone feature). So you'd end up paying for two separate things: for the Pro Plan and for the Call Recording feature.

hasn't changed in the last 24 months - but still great

It's a great product for power users but some more conveniences as mentioned would make it irreplaceable. Don't focus on embedding software - screensharing can show any software, it doesn't need to have native support. Ambient noise is a problem for new users so 'mute' training is something I have to administer to the 20+ people who have adopted on my recommendation.

Pros

Single click start and better video experience than skype. Re-instating YouTube 'play together' is a highlight

Cons

simple fixes/changes as suggested 24 months ago haven't occurred: - 'v' key to toggle video feed like the 'm' key - a sound indicator on someones window to show they are broadcasting sound (will help detect/identify ambient sound)

Good and easy basic video conferencing software

We use it instead of google hangouts some times, especially when the meetings are internal of the company. For example we know what room we have to go for the weekly meeting and we just open the tap at that url when the time is due.

Pros

It's really easy to use, you can setup you "room" on a specific url and you just share that url with the other people. That's literally it, you don't even have to make other people signup/login.

Cons

Nothing really, it's pretty easy to use and I haven't noticed any deal breakers so far. I started using it as an individual when it was called appear.in and I never had a problem with it.

Simple, always handy

Love it, simple, efficient, never had an issue.

Pros

Never had a call fail with Appear.in. It is also very simple to invite business partners using (free) custom links. Honestly, it's simplicity makes it a no brainer for us

Cons

If the URL is taken, rooms should not be available if the admin is not present. It happens we used someone else's URL for months.Therefore, when we upgraded to a paid membership, we were advised our long time link was taken and couldn't be used with Pro features.

Nice, easy to use (still some work pending)

We are very plased with this tool, the only concern is that they are charging a lot now for every new functionality.

Pros

Is really easy to use, for us it was the key to migrate to appear.in

Cons

Has come troubles with new camera configurations, and when I have 2 o more webcam connected. The same with heaphones. I have my laptop connected with Bosse Quitecomfort Bluethoot, another Bluethoot speakers and plgged headphones and thats causing troubles.

amazing tool

I am a Psychologist and Career Consultant. I work with individual sessions, attending people across the country and this makes my life better because when I depended exclusively on Skype I was having trouble providing smooth call with no sound and internet problems, sometimes we used to lost productivity due to performance connection problems.

Pros

The things I like most are: appear is hands-on, simply and online. Doesn't need login or download to new participants. I work remotely and its really make difference on my productivity.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the fact I can not integrate with Calendly .

Great Meeting Software

We utilize this software for remote working employees and it has made a huge difference in the ability to save travel time to the office.

Pros

No downloads and works first try in your browser. We use it internally on a daily basis. We also have special rooms that we use for customer meetings.

Cons

There is no option to pay for call in support. Internally we don't require this, but some customers don't have computers with microphones that work etc., and it would be useful for them to be able to login to the meeting to see our screens but call in for voice.

Appear.in Review

As it is simple to use my experience with it is great.

Pros

This application has helped me to stay connected to my family in different country. I was so pissed with other applications and it came to my rescue. The video and audio quality is unmatchable. It is super simple to form a meeting group, my parents who are not that well versed with technology use it with great ease.

Cons

At time the connectivity becomes an issue. Otherwise, it is good. It can also add multiple features.

As easy as it can be

Pros

The key selling point of appear.in is surely its one-click magic. You just have to click on the link and that's it - you are in and have already started video conferencing. This is the most important thing when you want to interview lots of users for your product research, and don't want to bother them installing third party software.

Cons

It can be buggy sometimes, sound will not work properly on occasion, but nothing too serious.

Great for customer interviews and support

As part of my job I often get on a call with customers to learn more about their usage of our application. Whereby (previous appear.in) is a great and simple way to quickly and in a no-hazzle way interact with the customer. It allows both them and me to share our screen, which is a great way to 'see what they see'.

Pros

Quick and in no-hazzle set up, easy to share link with whoever and quickly get a screen share/cam session running. Most often runs smoothly. Doesn't require any plug-in or installs, simply runs through browser.

Cons

Having a free tier that allows up to 4 users in a unique url session, it's hard to complain about anything in this tool. It has lots of competition, and internal company conversations is typically achieved by zoom or slack in our company. But for getting on a call / screen share with a customer, whereby is a preferred solution for us.

Great Alternative Video Conferencing App

My experience with whereby has been good to date

Pros

The seamless no download and no sign-in (unless you are hosting) features are one of my favorites form the Whereby App

Cons

Integration with outlook or google calendar would be great add-on at the moment ones rehires to hop on difference interfaces/software tools to get this done

Makes meeting online easy!

Pros

Love appear.in and using it with Fit Armadillo clients. In the past other technologies kept people from engaging in our services due to the complexities of having to log in. Appear.in has been wonderful for our clients and staff and made things easy!

Cons

There can be many different types of technology and settings and sometimes the basic tips don’t help all users. Not really appear.in’s fault though!

Reliable video conference meetings

Great free solution for speaking either clients

Pros

Reliable video quality and easy to use screen share feature. Use this on the majority of my client calls as my go to video conference

Cons

Clients get confused/ frustrated when they can’t click on the share screen button due to them not installing the chrome ad on. Slows down the meeting explaining to them what to do

Our solution for getting quick video calls started with new contacts

Whereby isn't a tool we use everyday, because with many frequent contacts we are communicating in something else like zoom, skype, discord or slack. Every so often though we have contacts who don't frequently use those programs, or use them at all, and we find that the easiest way to get a meeting started is to simply email them our Whereby URL. The fact that it provides a no hassle experience in that type of situation is exactly what we need.

Pros

We like that joining a video call doesn't require participants to download software, they simply visit our customized meeting room URL and they are a part of the meeting. Whereby has the easiest experience for joining meetings that we've found.

Cons

Right now Whereby is a tool we use for a very specific case along with other meeting tools. We'd like to be able to either use Whereby in more situations, or be able to use less tools overall. For this reason I am not sure if Whereby is a solution we can recommend to anyone.

Good quality video conferencing tool

Pros

• Easy usability. • Quality of calls and shares. • It is hardly blocked within companies. • Creation of individual rooms. • Very good acquisition cost.

Cons

• Customers with little knowledge have difficulty using the system. • Plugin installation is complicated for inexperienced users. • In the paid plan only 12 participants are allowed, which is not feasible for some businesses. • It does not allow to take command of the user screen.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.