Algolia Reviews

4.7

How would you rate Algolia?

Pros

The search looks pretty good also in the mobile version. We love the dashboard with the very exclusive analytics.

TZ

Thomas Z.

The best of all is the ease of integration with your project, both to the back and front, and how easy it is to build the queries.

Alejandro Javier V.

We are currently considering incorporating other features. They will hopefully be as good.

LD

Luis D.

Cons

As a developer the main problem is the documentation.

If you were a non-technical user, then the software would be difficult to understand.

Some search terms don't show up in the results, i.e. "no results.

The best search system for firestore

Thanks to Algolia, I integrated a search system in my project made with Angular / Fire. Now I am thinking of integrating its geo-search. Hopefully, it will be as good as your search with firestore.

Pros

Cons

That it does not have a pay per use as firebase does, you only have 2 options, the free account or the payment commitment, use or do not use all your operations for which you are going to pay

Hi there, thanks for your review! We're glad to hear you were able to get up and running with your project. For geo-search questions, or anything else, feel free to reach out to us at support@algolia.com.

Very easy to get started

Pros

The documentation is very well organized and so it was easy for us as a startup to add search functionality to our product. There is an official python client package, including packages for other languages.

Cons

It's a bit expensive so we'll have to evaluate at the time we want to scale.

Super simple full-text search for Firebase

Super easy-to-use, feature-rich and developer-friendly.

Pros

Setting up full-text search of data stored in Firebase won't take longer than one day. Extremely easy-to-use ready-made components for Vue.js made our front-end developer happy and significantly reduced time to market.

Cons

I see Algolia a bit expensive for the cases where full-text search is just a nice-to-have feature. However we made our front-end to display data from Algolia only (originally data was retrieved from Firebase), and this pays off.

Decent search for okay pricing

The algorithm can be quite good, but you need to twist te right knobs to get that result. This also goes for the implementation.

Pros

Algolia is a tool that comes with a lot of features. However, it's not as easy to implement as you would think.

Cons

It was not "plug and play". The implementation is integrated in the website and you need to work on the interface before you can implement it correctly.

Algolia team and AdrianC

I will say I couldn’t have done that what I accomplished,by myself ,this Algolia program is literally a good thing thanks again Algolia.

Pros

I really feel comfortable with every aspect of the Algolia program/soft ware. Integration with other programs was honestly smooth ,fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

I really must say.I’m not a computer savvy person but I’m greatly appreciative for your services . I was just thinking about just how much simpler your service was compared to having to work on my own to get what I got accomplished.

Fast Setup

I use algolia to give my users a smart search, analyzing I saw that most users never search for the correct term, so algolia was essential to solve this problem, making users actually find what they are looking for.

Pros

Ease of configuration regardless of language, in a few clicks you can already use it and speed in consultations

Cons

I believe it's still a little expensive for an early stage startup

Thank you Silas!

Good tool to handle your queries and get info back

Good, but couldn't handle our big catalog.

Pros

Worked flawlessly with the search engine and the data it compiled, it did what it had to do.

Cons

We had issues with our data, it was taking too much time to gather the product data and store it. We have over 1 million SKUs of products in 14 storefronts and it was too much for it.

Gamechanger

It's completely positive. They respond to support requests in a reasonable amount of time and are amenable to contract upgrades mid-cycle to facilitate unplanned growth.

Pros

Algolia revolutionized our customer experience. Our customer contact volume dropped dramatically almost immediately after implementation. Instant Search and greatly improved results pages reduced the need for assistance. Our users were finally able to search instead of navigate.

Cons

We operate a 100+ location brick and mortar retail chain and function as a BOPIS platform. Each of our locations have a unique assortment of products, so indexing has to treat each item at each location as an individual entry and that increases the time for the index operations.

Best search functionality provider for Flutter

Pros

Easy to integrate with mobile applications build on flutter.

Cons

Data migration from fire base could be made a bit more easy.

Thanks for the convenience and simple documentation

I love Algolia. It makes my Developer life easier especially with flutterflow

Pros

The documentation The ease of use The convenience. It's hard to select one

Cons

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] will ask for more. Maybe you could review the price downwards for developers in Africa

Algolia search works well

Overall experience has been regular. In general we needed around 2 months with 2 experienced wordpress developers to be able to implement Algolia which now works ok.

Pros

The clear analytics and ease to separate accounts when using multiple of them, however this comes at a high cost.

Cons

The difficulty to implement with wordpress. The high cost. The lack of flexibility when integrating with other sistems that algolia does not come out of the box for.

We love Algolia

We implemented Algolia for hosted search so that users can have a better search experience than the native ones provided by Shopify, WordPress, and Zendesk, and also so they can search across all three at once. We also looked at Swiftype, but we really loved how instant the Algolia search loaded. Implementation was easy and we always receive great help when we contact Algolia about questions or...

Pros

Super fast search Great, responsive, engineer level support Easy integration and lots of premade plugins

Cons

You can't drag and drop manipulate search results from their dashboard like you can with Swiftype (but you can develop around that if it's an important feature)

Jekyll Algolia plugin for a personal blog

My overall experience has been excellent.

Pros

Installing the Jekyll Algolia plugin was easy. Simple-to-follow documentation, even for a non-techie like myself. Further, the official Algolia Community forum is a place where I can find answers to questions I might have. Free of charge (community plan) with no time limit. The Community plan, which is all I need at this stage (my blog currently has fewer than 30 pages in total) is free of charge. Relevant search results. The Algolia software is able to take into account similar key terms and typo errors. Search results are instant (hence "InstantSearch"), which I believe is more user-friendly than having to press 'Enter' or clicking/tapping a button to see the search results. The search user interface looks good.

Cons

Some search terms don't show up in the results, i.e. "no results." I probably need to configure the plugin to optimize site search.

Very good but very expensive

Overall I do love the result but I'm not sure it justifies the expense.

Pros

The sheer speed of the search is astonishing. You get results in next to no time. It's amazing as compared to a mysql query based search that Magento generally offers.

Cons

Cost, it is very very expensive. They also do not offer much in the way of support unless you pay even more. So you are stuck with trying to wade through their documentation which is not written very clearly to get the best results.

More than just search

We've been using Algolia to power search on our local directory in Canada. As we continued to add functionality to different parts of the application a phrase kept popping up "Why not just use algolia for that?". Basically once you start syncing your db with algolia you end up with lots of situations where it's easier (and faster) to just fetch data from Algolia than it is to make a call to the database. Especially when you have client side features. We're now on their best package, all and all we're really happy with Algolia, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Lightening quick on-site search

Algolia search has increased our conversion rates, and provides a much better user experience than any of the other instant search providers we tried. I wouldn't want to move away from algolia as the functionality and potential it offers is so great.

Pros

The speed of the search is outstanding. We have implemented it to allow customers to live search our product catalog of over 10000 items and it handles this impeccably. It also plays well with different frameworks, and the documentation is clear.

Search made easy

Pros

Great documentation and absolutely incredible customer support. Their developers answer technical questions, and provide you with custom code to fit your implementation.

Cons

The free plan includes a lot of operations per month, but as soon as you go over the limits, the pricing becomes quite aggressive. I'd rather pay per use, for the exact number of operations performed.

Powerful tool for managing your search engine and optimizing results

Pros

The flexibility it allows for managing the types of results users get for different types of products. They allow for many different attributes to control the different products will be displayed on your site. I would also commend their support team that really helped us optimize the way we've been doing things with a lot of great advice and consultation sessions

Cons

Different variables for optimizing search results can be somewhat confusing, but their great customer support and documentation does a great job helping out when needed

Simple

It's great. you guys fully simplify what it means to get up and running with 5 lines of code.

Pros

"Simple" is the word that I can use to describe Algolia. The ease of plugging in a link and getting into executing faster is a plus.

Cons

Pricing is great for a small project. I think having a model review for big enterprise could be great in term of how much it cost us to use you guys; as we are looking into using algolia for some large project.

Algolia is the best option for search

Overall, I've absolutely loved it. I think they recently changed their free tier so that it makes more sense and I've really appreciated that. I've been recommending it to every friend that's building a site that relies on search because I feel like it works better than the custom Google search bar, and you have more control and clarity as to what's going on.

Pros

Algolia was dead-simple to set up. It literally took me a few hours from finding it to having it working on my dataset. The queries are easy, setting up rules is easy. It's just fantastic.

Cons

On the free version of PythonAnywhere they have certain URLs blocked and couldn't figure out how to unblock Algolia's separately, which was slightly annoying. In the end I just ended up paying about $5 a month for a PythonAnywhere account that had everything unblocked.

Algolia has become an essential part of our website

Pros

What I like most: the React library and the amazing effort the team has put out to make is flawless! More generally, the response time is great and the docs are really helpful

Cons

Importing data in the interface doesn't work on my side, I would also need more tools to migrate/update data based on queries

Give Your Customers Amazing Experiences with Algolia

Algolia Search gives our customers unique experiences. They can easily find whatever they need. With Algolia Search, they trust us more

Pros

It helps our customers find exactly what they are looking for. It provides a platform on which we can easily achieve our customer-focus objective. It creates a unique bond between us and our clients

Cons

I love all the features on offer on Algolia. I have no complaints

Delightful user experience both as an end user but also developer.

Easy to setup, cost effective search on the cloud.

Pros

Algolia provides an amazing search platform on the cloud. In literally a few steps and minutes you are able to have a good enough search (excluding time to populate it). I had no experience with other search engines like Elasticsearch before hand and I still found it greatly easy. The settings can be defined on the dashboard or via the API which can be both a good and a bad as it can cause miss-configuration. Lastly it is really fast, honestly I worked in commerce shops that build their own search and had to maintain it etc for less than 200k products, now I see that this was well, for no reason.

Cons

As a developer the main problem is the documentation. It lacks, it seems incomplete and although they try to show more languages it would be better to focus on coverage than language adaption.

Best quick and go solution

Algolia is really a blazing fast search solution shorting the time to market. I realy recomande it for user search experience. Now there is one realy missing feature: ability to search by field at search time. Example I have an index with {name, type, location}, search fields are name and location. but for some reason I want to search only in location that match: "t?t?" This is really a topic for advanced search.

Easy and accurate

Pros

Algolia search is very easy to implement and I could test it very easily. I wanted an alternative to Google's product but without loosing quality and that's exactly what I've found with Algolia.

Cons

I tested it a lot, trying places to see if it always worked. The only place I couldn't find was Mount Everest (Google could). I wrote an email to Algolia support but it didn't seem they could do anything about it.