All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Algolia

Helping to create delightful Search & Discovery experiences

Algolia Reviews

Pros

I love the fact it's super quick searching tool, and you can configure it to approximation search, and it still works super well.

Jean-Baptiste R.

Read the full review
My overall experience is too good. I highly recommed others to use Algolia Search due to its fabulous features with easy to implement.

Naseeb B.

Read the full review
Can be a good solution to avoid configuring yourself an ElasticSearch server. The community free plan to help open source projects.

Read the full review

Cons

We were notified of some error messages internally via Algolia that turned out to be an error on their end.

Pooja S.

Read the full review
As a developer the main problem is the documentation.

Read the full review
If you were a non-technical user, then the software would be difficult to understand.

4.7

Powerful tool for managing your search engine and optimizing results

Pros

The flexibility it allows for managing the types of results users get for different types of products. They allow for many different attributes to control the different products will be displayed on your site. I would also commend their support team that really helped us optimize the way we've been doing things with a lot of great advice and consultation sessions

Cons

Different variables for optimizing search results can be somewhat confusing, but their great customer support and documentation does a great job helping out when needed

Algolia search works well

Overall experience has been regular. In general we needed around 2 months with 2 experienced wordpress developers to be able to implement Algolia which now works ok.

Pros

The clear analytics and ease to separate accounts when using multiple of them, however this comes at a high cost.

Cons

The difficulty to implement with wordpress. The high cost. The lack of flexibility when integrating with other sistems that algolia does not come out of the box for.

Decent search for okay pricing

The algorithm can be quite good, but you need to twist te right knobs to get that result. This also goes for the implementation.

Pros

Algolia is a tool that comes with a lot of features. However, it's not as easy to implement as you would think.

Cons

It was not "plug and play". The implementation is integrated in the website and you need to work on the interface before you can implement it correctly.

Jekyll Algolia plugin for a personal blog

My overall experience has been excellent.

Pros

Installing the Jekyll Algolia plugin was easy. Simple-to-follow documentation, even for a non-techie like myself. Further, the official Algolia Community forum is a place where I can find answers to questions I might have. Free of charge (community plan) with no time limit. The Community plan, which is all I need at this stage (my blog currently has fewer than 30 pages in total) is free of charge. Relevant search results. The Algolia software is able to take into account similar key terms and typo errors. Search results are instant (hence "InstantSearch"), which I believe is more user-friendly than having to press 'Enter' or clicking/tapping a button to see the search results. The search user interface looks good.

Cons

Some search terms don't show up in the results, i.e. "no results." I probably need to configure the plugin to optimize site search.

Algolia is the best option for search

Overall, I've absolutely loved it. I think they recently changed their free tier so that it makes more sense and I've really appreciated that. I've been recommending it to every friend that's building a site that relies on search because I feel like it works better than the custom Google search bar, and you have more control and clarity as to what's going on.

Pros

Algolia was dead-simple to set up. It literally took me a few hours from finding it to having it working on my dataset. The queries are easy, setting up rules is easy. It's just fantastic.

Cons

On the free version of PythonAnywhere they have certain URLs blocked and couldn't figure out how to unblock Algolia's separately, which was slightly annoying. In the end I just ended up paying about $5 a month for a PythonAnywhere account that had everything unblocked.

Easy and accurate

Pros

Algolia search is very easy to implement and I could test it very easily. I wanted an alternative to Google's product but without loosing quality and that's exactly what I've found with Algolia.

Cons

I tested it a lot, trying places to see if it always worked. The only place I couldn't find was Mount Everest (Google could). I wrote an email to Algolia support but it didn't seem they could do anything about it.

The best search tool on the market

Allowing my users and customers to see the best results regarding their search. All of this as quick as it possibly can be. Nothing - Can´t complain . I guess the fact that I can´t fully use it but I´m ok with it since my developing team has no real issue with it.

Pros

The fact that it gives our clients the most accurate results in a matter of milliseconds. Algolia continues to improve on a weekly basis and makes our website even better with every update.

Algolia Search Review

It delivers results instanteneously, and comes with a lot of useful features.

Pros

It exhibits a flawless search process, users get instant results and can manage the results with utmost flexibilty .

Cons

You have to pay huge fees after exhausting the free plan and thats a bit agreesive on the part algolia.

Cut dev time in half

Pros

Powerful search queries, ease of use and extremely well done documentation

Cons

The software doesnt have any negative technical aspect, might get a bit pricey if 1000s of queries are performed daily

Best one, ease to use: Highly Recommended

my overall experience is too good. i highly recommed others to use Algolia Search due to its fabulous features with easy to implement. Search Results are displayed with a incredible speed, doesnot take seconds to load the result that too with providing live search results with each entered alphabets.

Pros

searching was never so responsive and quick before, thanks to Algolia which made my work super fast. Easy to setup, adapt and works extremely fast to display search results!

Cons

about price range: pricing model now is considerably more expensive maybe

We love Algolia

We implemented Algolia for hosted search so that users can have a better search experience than the native ones provided by Shopify, WordPress, and Zendesk, and also so they can search across all three at once. We also looked at Swiftype, but we really loved how instant the Algolia search loaded. Implementation was easy and we always receive great help when we contact Algolia about questions or...

Pros

Super fast search Great, responsive, engineer level support Easy integration and lots of premade plugins

Cons

You can't drag and drop manipulate search results from their dashboard like you can with Swiftype (but you can develop around that if it's an important feature)

Very good but very expensive

Overall I do love the result but I'm not sure it justifies the expense.

Pros

The sheer speed of the search is astonishing. You get results in next to no time. It's amazing as compared to a mysql query based search that Magento generally offers.

Cons

Cost, it is very very expensive. They also do not offer much in the way of support unless you pay even more. So you are stuck with trying to wade through their documentation which is not written very clearly to get the best results.

More than just search

We've been using Algolia to power search on our local directory in Canada. As we continued to add functionality to different parts of the application a phrase kept popping up "Why not just use algolia for that?". Basically once you start syncing your db with algolia you end up with lots of situations where it's easier (and faster) to just fetch data from Algolia than it is to make a call to the database. Especially when you have client side features. We're now on their best package, all and all we're really happy with Algolia, and I would recommend them to anyone.

Lightening quick on-site search

Algolia search has increased our conversion rates, and provides a much better user experience than any of the other instant search providers we tried. I wouldn't want to move away from algolia as the functionality and potential it offers is so great.

Pros

The speed of the search is outstanding. We have implemented it to allow customers to live search our product catalog of over 10000 items and it handles this impeccably. It also plays well with different frameworks, and the documentation is clear.

Search made easy

Pros

Great documentation and absolutely incredible customer support. Their developers answer technical questions, and provide you with custom code to fit your implementation.

Cons

The free plan includes a lot of operations per month, but as soon as you go over the limits, the pricing becomes quite aggressive. I'd rather pay per use, for the exact number of operations performed.

Algolia has become an essential part of our website

Pros

What I like most: the React library and the amazing effort the team has put out to make is flawless! More generally, the response time is great and the docs are really helpful

Cons

Importing data in the interface doesn't work on my side, I would also need more tools to migrate/update data based on queries

Give Your Customers Amazing Experiences with Algolia

Algolia Search gives our customers unique experiences. They can easily find whatever they need. With Algolia Search, they trust us more

Pros

It helps our customers find exactly what they are looking for. It provides a platform on which we can easily achieve our customer-focus objective. It creates a unique bond between us and our clients

Cons

I love all the features on offer on Algolia. I have no complaints

Delightful user experience both as an end user but also developer.

Easy to setup, cost effective search on the cloud.

Pros

Algolia provides an amazing search platform on the cloud. In literally a few steps and minutes you are able to have a good enough search (excluding time to populate it). I had no experience with other search engines like Elasticsearch before hand and I still found it greatly easy. The settings can be defined on the dashboard or via the API which can be both a good and a bad as it can cause miss-configuration. Lastly it is really fast, honestly I worked in commerce shops that build their own search and had to maintain it etc for less than 200k products, now I see that this was well, for no reason.

Cons

As a developer the main problem is the documentation. It lacks, it seems incomplete and although they try to show more languages it would be better to focus on coverage than language adaption.

Best quick and go solution

Algolia is really a blazing fast search solution shorting the time to market. I realy recomande it for user search experience. Now there is one realy missing feature: ability to search by field at search time. Example I have an index with {name, type, location}, search fields are name and location. but for some reason I want to search only in location that match: "t?t?" This is really a topic for advanced search.

Huge Time Saver for App Development

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and adopt into your application. The UI UX is also amazing.

Cons

It is quite pricey in comparison with other more hands-on products. Sometimes bugs do appear in database operations.

Algolia search, from development point of view

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with it. I have used on one project only so far, but I sure would like to try it again. Comparing to some open source solutions (e.g elasticsearch), it is easier to develop and it takes less development time.

Pros

It is fairly easy to integrate, there is a free trial option. Appears to be fast, it can be integrated in various platforms. Support is fast enough and accurate.

Cons

If standard option is not enough, it can be pricy. Administration panel can be a bit an overwhelming for non-tehnical person.

Easy to Implement

So easy to get up and running with a ton of search functionality. Costs escalate pretty quickly as you grow. Customer support takes a long time to respond and generally not very helpful.

Pros

easy to use. lots of features.

Cons

too expensive. poor support.

Blazing fast!

We get results in under a few milliseconds even with a 4 millions users database. They have a great documentation, it's easy to implement and their customer support is really cool.

Pros

Blazing fast, Ease to implement

Cons

Nothing

Pros

Easy to deploy and blazing fast, documentation is straight forward

Cons

Nothing, it‘s just perfect as it is. No trouble so far

Dirty and unethical marketing tactics. Read for more.

Improved search previews (WP+WC). When it comes to search results, good luck making it work or reaching their support and not being asked to spend thousands upon thousands for basic support (hidden bite fees).

Pros

Potentially good software but... pretty disappointed. Read cons. I wish i could share screenshot of their pricing page and the email i've got from their sales team.

Cons

Dirty an unethical marketing, luring to pay HUGE . Very disappointed. I wish i could share screenshot of their pricing page and the email i've got from their sales team.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.