Bitbucket Logo

Bitbucket

Bitbucket is the Git solution for professional teams

Bitbucket Reviews

User ratings

4.6

1K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.58/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Clean interface, good notifications, good user/team management. It plays very well with other Atlassian software, specially Jira in our case.
It has been a pretty good experience I will recommend it as an optional product if you are done with other version controls.
The best features about bitbucket is the integration it has with all of Atlassian's other software such as Jira or Confluence which the integration is flawless.
However, in some situations it is a little difficult to correct. I already had problems that the tool claimed problems in login while all the information was correct.
It has some features missing which Github offers and is a little more expensive. It is not as complete as Github.
Searching in the files and code is very tedious. Navigating to pipelines and releases are confusing.

Bitbucket users...

Jenkins-logocaret

Jenkins

Helix Core-logocaret

Helix Core

How would you rate Bitbucket?

1,062 reviews

ZC

Zach C.

CTO

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great option for private repositories

Transcript

Zach C.: Hi. My name's Zach. I'm a CTO, and I give Bitbucket a five out of five. For more reviews like...

Confusing to navigate

Transcript

Altaf A.: Hi. My name is Altaf, I am an integration architect. I give Bitbucket four out of five stars....

Bitbucket is CRITICAL to Large Organizations

Our teams were very pleased using bitbucket. My personal experience as a BA using the system was great since it made my job easier.

Pros

Overall, very easy to use and understand. As a business analyst I often had to assist with audits to answer the question, how do you this user story was implemented and delivered to production? Bitbucket's integration with our other systems made answering auditors a breeze.

Cons

The only issues we had with the system were usually related to our integrated security system when tokens expired.

Our Git and CI/CD environment of choice

Bitbucket is in charge of most of our Git repositories, and we barely had a problem in 10 years. Recommended.

Pros

The product is quite easy to use, tough user and project management on different projects can be a little confusing. Widely used and integrated with a lot of external services. I especially liked the seamless integration with Vercel to publish NexstJs projects without any problem - usually quite hard to configure. Free tier gives you a lot of space and options, nobody else does.

Cons

Account management could be improved. The border between free tier and payment version is not always easy to understand.

Easy integration with JIRA but not as good as Github

Only able to work with basic version control but would like to see more improvements in the future.

Pros

I like the auto-tagging of JIRA issues with code commits on PR. The bare minimum requirement for a functional version-control system is fulfilled.

Cons

Github has started supporting multi-line commenting on PRs. I don't think I can find any dev who won't like this feature. It also has a colorful README rendering along with build and test coverage tags. I don't care much about README renders but am out-of-the-box CI integration with Jenkins can help in outputting data about many useful tags like code test coverage, code standards, reference available or even licensing. There are many extensions built around Github to augment the experience, one in particular that I like, called OctoLinker, has the ability to link the imports with original source code repository. This could be a useful feature in source code view.

Bitrix24 user experience

First of all I want to thank the organizers of Bitrix24 because they do an excellent job of providing a great service to entrepreneurs and different companies, I can describe my experience with it as great compared to the other alternatives available. Bitrix24 provides distinctive and beautiful backgrounds, but I think that providing the option to add images as backgrounds would be an excellent step,...

Pros

One of the most prominent points that you answered me about is that it is easy to use, its interface (reception) is simple and it offers multiple options for entering and registering email facebook or number phone ...other It also supports many operating systems, whether mac or windows, and is available for android and ios

Cons

- The application does not support the Arabic language, I am sure that adding the Arabic language will provide many users in the Arab world Having a clock showing the time on the front of the site. I think it is advisable to add a reminder of today’s date directly below it. This will be excellent, especially since the pressure of work leads many users to forget dates and make mistakes in appointments.

Let me control all my projects with ease

We use Bitbucket for private and public projects. It's great for small teams and organizations with little or no experience with GIT

Pros

Easy to use, great integrations with desktop in Linux and Windows, several users available in the free tier.

Cons

Pricing could be tricky. Delete or rollback could be complicated.

Awesome source control

Pros

It's very easy to setup and use. It's use Git behind the scene so you can use a lot of tools to connect to it.

Cons

I think that this software is too perfect so I don't have anything to say negatively about it.

The bitbucket review

My overall experience with bitbucket was okay.

Pros

We used to use bitbucket to manage our code base. We and other teams on our project used to use bitbucket. It is user-friendly and easy to use,

Cons

There are no cons of using bitbucket but surely there are a bit fewer features than other tools out there in the market.

good but needs to improve

Bitbucket for its main function works perfectly but urgently needs to improve its interface and user experience.

Pros

Bitbucket is great for sharing and versioning code and finding differences between old and new code.

Cons

Bitbucket needs to improve its interface and access control.

BitBucket

Great experience

Pros

Bitbucket is easy to use and helps in easy source code management. It comes with features like Permission management and CI etc.

Cons

No Cons for bitbucket as a tool , its really good to use.

Does what it should and has great docs

Bitbucket (and Atlassian in general) has grown and improved quite impressively over time. Relatively intuitive and easy to navigate.

Pros

Pipelines are the easiest with Bitbucket; docs are great so whatever you can't figure out intuitively you can always resolve with a quick search. And I love the integration with Jira.

Cons

TBH - I used to have a bunch of complaints, but over the years Bitbucket (and Atlassian in general) have grown and improved quite impressively over time.

Managing all the codebases within a team was never so easy

Overall Bitbucket is a must-have skill for all the developers it not only provides a good code backup but also multiple people can work on the same code parallelly.

Pros

Bitbucket is backed by Git a powerful tool to manage different versions of code. I love the shared way in which we can work with our colleagues using Bitbucket. Here one person can work on a particular component and other people on the same component and they both can push the code and merge all the changes seamlessly.

Cons

Bitbucket has a small learning curve people can't directly start using it without knowledge of git tho various code editors like vs code are trying to make it easier with custom buttons instead of codes but it still requires some knowledge.

An ideal tool to host, create, test and deploy code quickly and securely.

As a software developer, having access to this tool gives me the advantage of hosting my code or that of my team in a solution that allows version control and the ability to work from secure repositories, but also makes it possible to create branches and make changes to the code without having to affect the original version, so if you need to go back we can do it without having to start from scratch, also through Bitbucket we can also keep track of the workflow, carry out teamwork in a organized and safe because we are the ones who decide who to give access to the code or not, all these benefits help us to guarantee the delivery of clean codes to our clients.

Pros

I love Bitbucket because it is a solution with a clean and friendly interface, that is, its interface is intuitive so that any user can use it without problems. Bitbucket facilitates the administration of the repositories, since it allows its centralization, it also makes it possible to fork it or create branches, creating branches gives us the advantage of being able to make changes to our project...

Cons

One of the things that we like about this efficient software is that its number of members is somewhat limited, that is, it allows access to 5 members, but if the number of members necessary to carry out a project is greater, it will be necessary to pay for the rest, this can make access for students or small businesses a bit limited due to its costs, another drawback that I have noticed is that during a code review there is no quick visualization of the project and this can make this process take longer than expected, it would be ideal if this function could be optimized and speed up.

Bitbucket Latest Review 2021

My overall experience is great, Bitbucket has done a lot of work towards integration with other software and it has really made my code deployment works easier and faster.

Pros

Bitbucket is a great git code management software. I use Bitbucket to store my code, collaborate with my team who are working on the same project as me, test my code either in developer mode or production mode, test and deploy my code in a different format or by importing using git batch. Bitbucket has great extensive features that enable me to own a private code repository free of charge if my team...

Cons

From what I can observe while using this Bitbucket software as compared with other code repository software, is that sometimes I find it difficult to use as regards its user interface and the way it is structured though every company has its unique selling point. I said this because if am using software of the same type before and then decide to migrate to bitbucket, I might find the user interface interaction difficult unless I started with bitbucket first.

Easy version control with BitBucket if you use Jira

Overall, BitBucket has served us really well as we use it daily for Git version control, Pull Requests and Code Review. It's integration with Jira makes our workflow very easy and transparent, which reduces expenses in doing discoveries.

Pros

BitBucket's integration with Jira is spectacular. I can go to BitBucket commit and see what problem it was solving since it has a Jira link. BitBucket branches can be created right from Jira as well. Jira also shows all commits. This makes information gathering easy and code review pleasant.

Cons

BitBucket has more downtimes that I like. In 2020, there were 2 downtimes within a gap of a month. This is the only thing that bothered us about BitBucket.

BitBucket, a great VCS for your Software Projects

With Bitbucket you will have your SQ repositories managed in a great cloud service which offers you the chance to easily track everything that you and your team are working on. Integration with JIRA is key feature and a decision making factor.

Pros

Bitbucket is a an easy git remote repository. The best part I would say is its integration with JIRA cloud. When you use Bitbucket as your remote repo, you can simply put the JIRA issue (e.g. [SWL-746]) in your commit comments and then , when you push your code you will automatically see that the commit has been associated with the JIRA ticket and within JIRA you will be able to see that your ticket is automatically linked yo a Bitbucket branch. This way you can easily keep track of the new features that you are developing.

Cons

I would say that with almost all Atlassian products, the main issue is that their products can be very costly. Specially if your team has more than 10 members.

An easy and fast way to keep track of your elements and their modifications.

Bitbucket is a very useful version control tool, easy to master and with many useful tools that will help you speed up your work, of course it has certain shortcomings that could be improved over time, but at the end of the day it is a tool very useful. From the most basic to the most complex options, you will find them extremely useful in your day to day work to get ahead.

Pros

Bitbucket has a very friendly interface that is easy to understand and understand, it allows you to maintain control and order of all your elements and keep track of each modification that was made and by whom said modification was made. It allows you to establish different types of permissions as necessary to have a better control of who can perform what actions within the repositories that are created in bitbucket. Once you get familiar with the tool, everything is easy to do and locate any option you are looking for to carry out your tasks.

Cons

Sometimes the way it provides you to search within each repository can be somewhat cumbersome, requiring you to write the exact name of the component you may be looking for in order to show you a result, making the searches more strenuous since you must know the exact name of the component or it will be very difficult to find it. In some cases, when versioning certain changes, Bitbucket interprets them as a total change within the component and shows as if the file was being completely modified even if you are only modifying some lines of code.

Very easy to use, but lacking some needs for enterprise (non-crucial though)

We never had any showstopper issues with it, everything simply seems to be working on it's own. It provides enough integration points for CI/CD pipelines and maintenance has never been an issue. We've been using it for years on a mid-big project without issues (~2M lines of code, 4 years worth of active development, now with around ~50 people), and also on some other with client having huge project (~20M lines, ~7 years, ~150 people at the moment).

Pros

First thing to note is there's two versions of the software - self hosted and cloud hosted on bitbucket.com. Make sure you know what you're buying as those two vary sometimes significantly in features (e.g. lack of automerge branches in cloud hosted version, which might be a showstopper for you). However, they're constantly putting out updates, so make sure to check the latest version comparisons....

Cons

Some pull requests are limited to review only the 1000 files - this is unfortunate, because if you have very large projects and with some refactoring you're easily over that number, this doesn't give you ability to see that-very-specific project files you want to check upon. It's annoying as there doesn't seem to be any good reason for the limit. If you have large teams (e.g. imagine 160 people, split into 15 teams), you can't group people which would be useful to see ("PR's of my team" for example would be a nice feature to have). Also missing is what's seen nowadays in github - a recognition for the language that's shown.

Great tool, automation docs could be better

Once you get the hang of Bitbucket, it is easy to use and a very good visualizing tool for what you are doing with your repositories.

Pros

Bitbucket has a good UI and is very good for most of the repository related tasks. It has JIRA integration, so if you put your JIRA ticket numbers in the commit message, Bitbucket will link the pull requests into JIRA. This makes it very easy to access commits and the associated JIRA tickets from bitbucket itself, and vice versa. It has good branch visualization tools. It lets you select branches...

Cons

I was unable to find documentation on their APIs to set group and permissions access restrictions from the command line. This was required because we needed to create 100s of repos and allow our users to access them. Because we could not find API documentation easily and were in a time crunch, we had to have developers spend several days manually granting permissions using the web-console. Bitbucket should have these APIs clearly visible and documented.

We love Bitbucket

We use bitbucket every day to backup our code, control version and publish the deploys on AWS & Google Cloud.

Pros

There is a lot of thing we love about Bitbucket. First one, the possibility to create any private repository you want. I know this a common feature today, but back in the time only Bitbucket allowed to create unlimited private repositories. Also the pipeline integration for deploys is a great thing and finally you can integrate it with a project managment software like Trello.

Cons

I would like to have a better UX, mostly because it feels a little bit old today. Almost everything works awesome, but they need to update the UX definitely.

Best repository management platform out there

Overall, our teams love BitBucket and we use it daily. We host our code up there and this allows us to review, manage, and share our code directly to all teams. It's easy to do things like set permissions or integrate other tools like Jira which make the platform even more robust than it already is. Although a bit pricey as you scale with your engineers, it's generally a cost-effective platform given your business size that is unmatched in repository management software and allows us to build products with a sense of peace and security.

Pros

I think the biggest pro with using Bitbucket is that it integrates extremely well with JIRA. This allows you to track your tickets with the branches you're working on and to easily see its progress during each sprint. It's intuitive and straightforward to use. It's also quick and almost rarely did we have any technical issues. Whenever we did have some issue, it was just with some expiring licenses which was easy to resolve. Permissions are additionally easy to manage. Overall, it's just an amazing tool that is 100% essential for our software team as it manages our repositories and allows to share, review, and manage our code across all teams.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the scaling costs associated with it for the paid plans. Bitbucket charges per user. We have around 100 software engineers so it adds up a lot. Also, our engineers are quite experienced so working in Bitbucket hasn't been that much of a challenge. I've heard that engineers will lesser experience in repository management find Github to be easier to learn and implement but again, with greater experience comes a more expansive toolset.

Market leading product by Atlassian

Overall Bitbucket is a great platform for professional developers for personal and commercial use.

Pros

I have been using Bitbucket (personally and commercially) for couple of years and I'm really satisfied with the services and features that they offer. Letting free users create unlimited repos and allowing up to five users is a good way to go, which attracts more users. Pull requests helps to get code reviewed by experts and get them approve before it available for others and helps to maintain quality code leading to quality software. More useful features like Pipeline lets user to deploy/release more often.

Cons

As a market leader, pricing plans can be adjusted to attract more

The simplest source code control

Pros

A better integration with other Atlassian products as well as other products like Slack, the very useful pipeline feature that automates the building process, the simplest interface, private repositories even for free users.

Cons

To get the most and complete experience for this product is only if you have the Atlassian ecosystem, not so stable as GitHub, but this problem is not common, unable to archive repositories, the search needs a little bit improvement.

Much better than github

I love Bitbucket. It has always provided a more intuitive and easy to use experience. I highly recommend it.

Pros

The web-based app is fantastic. It has a great UX, its easy to use, and it just looks nice. My favorite feature is the side-by-side comparison for diff comparisons. Whenever you have code with particularly long lines, the traditional word wrap comparison becomes virtually unusable. But Bitbucket has a really nice side-by-side comparison that allows you to scroll horizontally. It is indispensable. It also integrates with Jira really nicely. Whenever you name a branch after a Jira issue, you get a really handly link in Bitbucket that will display the Jira issue card in modal. Lastly, Bitbucket has better prices for private repos (especially for smaller teams).

Cons

Not a strong mobile presence (albeit, there are few cases where you really need to be able to interact with yoru code repos from a mobile device, but it does come up from time to time)

We use Bitbucket for our small team

First of all we keep track of over 100 project source codes with bitbucket, it has no limit. WIth two teams of 5 developers, we are using bitbucket for free with all the features we need. It does it's job good enough.

Pros

First of all it is free for small team. For bigger teams it has really reasonable prize. I personally love and prefer Atlassian's products such as Bitbucket, Trello. The Atlassian team behind the product continuously improves their products. Since I started using Bitbucket 5 years ago, they added many features. It has no limitation and pretty good integration with trello, jira and other project management products.

Cons

Fortunately, during the last 5 years we didn't face any difficulties using Bitbucket. It works pretty well with my team. But keep-in mind that free version is only for 5 developers for a team.

No 1 Version Control service

I am using Bitbucket for various different projects for more than 4 years now and I am extremely happy with it. As mentioned above it has an Issue tracker built-in on top of the version control and that really makes my life easier. It even has numerous ways of notifying me when some activity happens in our repository so I like it even more.

Pros

It is easy to use and very intuitive. It has an issue tracker and ton of other features It is free for small teams

Cons

Although Bitbucket works together with Jira (that has an amazing set of features on its own), perhaps I would like to see the issue tracker little more advanced. Not enough freedom when choosing the status of an issue, and not a good dashboard for tracking, for example, a milestone, or a project stage in a timeline. Yet I believe these are features that better suit some other type of product like Jira (again).