diagrams.net Logo

diagrams.net

Open platform for creating & sharing diagrams

diagrams.net Reviews - Page 2

An awesome tool which you can draw almost any diagram online!

I was using this platform when I was in university and it was very helpful for me to do my lost of work in very short period of time. Even now, the software company I'm currently working, they use this application. We mainly use this tool to draw UML diagrams, sequence diagrams, business diagrams, layouts etc. So far this tool was very helpful.

Pros

it is easy to use because nothing to install externally; it has drag & drop functionality; they have given very helpful training materials but in my case I never used those because they have given an intuitive interface so it was very easy for me to grab most of the functionalities in short period of time and get my works done. In this platform, they have give lots of temples. You can draw, Businesses...

Cons

I don't see any major disadvantages in this platform but I suggest if they could improve their customer support bit more, that'll be great.

Blown Away

Never thought a web based product can be so cool

Pros

Cheap and best web based product Export and import feature is awesome Export in to almost all the format Lots of control to use for, Create flow diagram, Class diagram, Process diagram all are in

Cons

Dont really have cons but still can add more figures to make it robust

Flow Chart and Diagram Design for the Masses... for Free!!!

I'm impressed and still diving in to all it's features. I really like the amount of templates available to start any kind of project. There are tons of predesigned symbols to use also for free! Also, you have a bunch of export options from image files to svg for vector editing that other apps don't have.

Pros

Draw.io is an open source project for everyone. It's a robust team formerly known as diagrams.net but now it's made a really big app for both online and offline (Windows, macOS, Linux) use for FREE!!!! I've used many other diagramming tools with great results, but I'm really impressed with this tool, no registration needed onless you want to save your work online but all is done in the cloud (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.) On the desktop version (a 74 MB download for Windows) can be downloaded through their Github project mini site, as well as the other versions. No payment whatsoever!

Cons

On the online version some editing and drawing functions are a little clumsy, but nothing that some patience can't solve.

Great application for drawing software models and flowcharts

We use Draw.io to build different UML diagrams like class diagram, user diagrams, schema diagrams and flowcharts etc to help us visualize the requirements of our projects. We also use it for understanding and visualizing algorithms.

Pros

Draw.io is a completely free software which is used to draw flowcharts and all kinds of UML models. The UML models are really necessary in Software industries to understand the structure of the project and requirements. Draw.io tool makes it very easy to understand and visualize those requirements. You can create different models and save it in different formats like png, jpeg, pdf etc. You can also share the diagrams and links with your team members.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to move around the different types of shapes in the diagram. Apart from them the saved file metadata also gets corrupted which makes us work again on the same diagram.

It's totally perfect

- Drawing Network Diagram without Visio. I'm using MAC OS, so there is no Visio for mac. I have to install virtual machine for only Visio. But now, I have draw.io to draw everything

Pros

It's superb helpful. And above of all, it's free 100%. God send them to us.

Cons

I need more icons, I know it's already alot. But it will be great if they have something same as Visio icons.

Draw UML free

I have used draw.io many times for making ERD diagrams use case diagram and its a great free open source software product which makes ease especially for students and helps them to make their assignments and projects and of course professional people also likes to use that. Overall its great

Pros

- Its is an open source free diagram software - Number of various Diagrams formats where user can draw its desire diagram (not only simple diagrams but also technical diagrams and as well as engineering diagrams which includes circuit diagrams also) - Lot of colouring options as well that make the diagram attractive and decent looking especially for documentation perspective - option for opening the diagrams from plenty of various cloud platforms is that feature that make ease for the developers or testers - Developer can also embed the diagram and can paste that on any website he/she wants through html generated script - user can also share its diagram through gmail by clicking on share button seems like its a part of google product

Cons

- Their could be more diagram templates because if we compare it with visual paradigm I believe they have more diagramming templates

Diagrams, mockups and more in the cloud

My experience with this webapp has been excellent, I have not had any problems and use it almost daily, for uml diagrams and mockups.

Pros

This webapp is wonderful, it does not need download, it loads very fast, it allows me to export and import content directly to my drive in the cloud, as well as to my computer or device, it also allows the use of different formats and includes a great variety of maps, diagrams and many templates, quite customizable, is a highly recommended tool for daily use, since it can be used from any device at any time online and offline.

Cons

The least I like is that the interface is a bit full of many things, has many menus, and is somewhat complex when handling very small structures, it is easy to get lost among so many menus and options, it is easy to use but something more difficult to mastering.

Draw.io, the best there is on free diagramming

Flow charts, business diagrams, network diagrams, electrical schematics ... you name it. I recommend anyone who is slightly interested in diagrams to try this software - and its completely free :).

Pros

The fact that it is free, simple to use and has loads and loads of options for any kind of diagram you would want to draw.

Cons

So far, this software beats them all for my purposes. No complaints.

Easy, Simple and Quick software for design wireframes

I am regular user of draw.io since last 3 years. I am very satisfied with this software for making wireframe and database design. It would be more better if some changes are update and improve. draw.io makes easier to design wireframe. I highly recommend draw.io

Pros

draw.io is one of the best software for wireframe design and database design. It makes easier to every developer. Apart from this other attractive side of draw.io is listed below: - It is Simple, Fast and Free - Free templates for database design and wireframe - Can save any kind of file (jpg, png and XML file) - Well manage content (user friendly)

Cons

It would have been better if listed below drawbacks are updated: - Little bit difficult to customize size - Some time it makes slide change on size after file is save on JPG or png file - It would be more better if there is option to choose external photo or other file

draw.io - Easy way to get your ideas on paper!

As I previously mentioned, drawio was used to get my ideas down. This can be a diagram to explain current business process or a flow chart as part of a Powerpoint presenttation. I use drawio to get the idea down and paste it into email or another application. I hightly recommend this for people when they need to get their ideas shown visually.

Pros

I like it that it is very easy to setup and use. To set it up, to to their website, sign in with your google account and start using it. I signed in with my Google account so I can store the drawings on my google drive. Draw.io is also very easy to use. I previously used Visio so this is similar in concept.

Cons

There not much to not like about this app. It was free and does what I needed. I already started recommending this to my friends.

Super easy to use flow diagram maker

With draw.io I am able to quickly whip up a simple diagram with no hassle. I can easily work on them away form the office if the need arises. I like using it.

Pros

I like most about draw.io how easy it is to use. The user interface makes everything about it super simple to use. I think they did a good job to focus on making it nice to use. It is so easy, there isn't really a learning curve. Anybody can just start dragging and dropping to create a nice looking diagram. Save options are great as well. The ability to save your work on the cloud is a great feature.

Cons

The only thing I do not like about it is the lack of autosave. It is not a big deal, but it seems like a lot of online browser softwares are moving towards autosave functionality.

Draw.io

I'm useing this tool avery time I need to describe a process, a flow chart or a network diagram, it's semplifing my working life, moreover the desktop app is available for windows, mac and linux, so I can use what I want.

Pros

draw.io allow the user to prepare diagrams very easly, a huge amount of shapes alresdy prepared simplify a lot the activity. You can prepare a diagram about process by BPML, you can prepare a mouk-up, you can desing a UML diagram for your SW implementation, network diagram with the google/aws/office symbols and also a simple flow chart. So, is very flexible, moreover you can use the web site to build your diagram or the desktop app, export it as an image and include it in your documentation

Cons

As an improvement I'd like to have the symbol librarry already colored instead of black and white, of course you can put the color that you want , anyway if if is already in the prebuilt library will be perfect

Draw IO Covers All Your Needs For Drawing UML Diagrams

I believe the greatest benefit of working with draw.io is its collaboration feature. Several engineers can work on the same design which makes it better than other similar products.

Pros

I use Draw.io for drawing UML diagrams. I love that it has specific tools for UML diagrams. You can get used to the UI in under 10 minutes. Very simple, clean and intuitive design. You can export it in multiple formats which saves you the hassle of finding another product to convert your document. It also works with Google Drive/Github/various other clouds which makes storing and retrieving files very easy. It has great library of icons and templates. If you're looking for something in particular, it's probably in there. You can group and tag objects, which makes managing the diagram easier if you are working on a crowded set.

Cons

Managing the arrows can get tricky. It could benefit from improvement. While it's great, there is definitely room for improvement. They could add 3-D features, image manipulation, support some additional plug-ins.

Best tool for small diagrams

You can develop any type of diagrams in short time. It's free and it has been integrated with other technologies such as google drive, so you can save your work at any place you want.

Pros

Draw.io is completely free. It doesn't require any system space or high processing power because it is a could based online product. You can access it from anywhere in the world, all you need to have is a simple internet connection and a device. This product is very easy to work with and very good for quick diagram making.

Cons

There are not much cons to say about this software. If they can make the vectors and graphics to look a bit more nicer, that would be good. Other than that there are no cons.

Flowcharts online and easy

With Draw we create the diagrams in my work and share them easily with the rest of the team without any problem thanks to their sharing option, which makes it very attractive when choosing a software to create diagrams.

Pros

Draw.io is the best alternative to create diagrams online, has a powerful graphical interface and tons of options to create the diagrams effectively. As it is online you do not need to install an application on your desktop computer and it also connects with Drive, which allows you to always have at hand and safely the documents you have created and share them with your friends or colleagues.

Cons

Draw is an excellent tool, however I would like to see more icons to create more visually friendly diagrams.

Perfect for quick diagram sketches

Pros

My favorite thing about diagrams.net is how quickly you can start drawing. Using the web interface I can create simple, good looking diagrams in minutes.

Cons

I don't like the style of the basic web shapes and think diagrams.net needs more customization options if used for drawing a network maps.

Simple diagramming that just works

draw.io is used very effectively by my team to draw up solution architecture diagrams, ER diagrams and use case diagrams.

Pros

draw.io provides a diagramming solution that is simple and easy to use - no bulky flash-driven interface, no arduous loading process - it just works without any hiccups. It provides a large number of options for drawing diagrams with many pre-built templates. The amount of graphical objects that are available is also impressive. The most valuable feature is that the diagrams are stored in your own Google Drive or on your hard disk, among many other options, so that the diagrams don't get saved to draw.io's servers. This makes it a cinch to just share a draw.io XML file for anyone to work on.

Cons

The interface can be mildly buggy when working with massive diagrams.

Best Diagram Open Source website

I have used this tool for my fyp final year documention . And also using this in tool now while making requirements documents for my projects

Pros

- Diagram making is very easy - Drag and drop feature is amazing - Exporting diagrams in very extensions available

Cons

When we export diagrams as a visio extension . Opening draw.io file in visio disturbed the structure of the diagram

Best free online option

When I need to draw up a quick workflow and don’t want to buy software for a few short exercises, this software does the job every time

Pros

Free and versatile. There are no other alternatives which allows you the functionality that draw.io does for free. Every other offering either charges for more than a minuscule amount of work or is paid for upfront. As a free alternative to visio, I’d recommend this every time

Cons

Feels like it is designed in the 90’s! So visually it is not nicest to work with, but it does the job

Fantastic, lite application

Fantastic and highly useful program that should be part of all small company rosters

Pros

A lot of deep functionality for both web and desktop based versions. Custom icons expands the possibilities of this relatively simple yet elegant program. Great for process mapping

Cons

Exporting to PDF can be a bit difficult and not produce desired cropping results. Not as intuitive for continuous mapping

draw.io - powerful app to show your ideas with diagrams

I have been using this app at work to make some flowcharts. Also, I have used it to make diagrams for my Diploma work. I chose it because it is easy to use, and it makes powerful charts without spreading much time or without having some knowledge of creating vector images or drawing diagrams. It is easy to use and supports powerful tools for showing your ideas with diagrams. I pretty recommend it for small business and personal purposes.

Pros

1. It is open for everyone to use it. 2. There are many layouts you can use - e.g. Bussiness, Engineering, Software, Network, Flowcharts and many other types of diagrams. You just select the pattern and then you can easily edit it by your needs. 3. Of course, if you need to create your own, or just to add some new things to the existing layouts, you can do it by simply dragging some objects from a...

Cons

Since now I haven't experienced any inconvenience or any difficulties with the app. For my purpose, everything looks great and cool to work with.

Superb diagram tool

It is one of the best free diagramming tools I have ever used. It is free of charge and can be used with real-time collaboration with no fuss. It is unlimited, so you can draw diagrams as much as you'd like.

Pros

The best thing is that it is free, unlike other diagramming tools that offer limited diagrams in its free versions. draw.io can be integrated with Google Drive so you don't have to worry about backing up files, if connected to Google drive, it enables real-time collaboration.

Cons

If you are used to other diagramming tools, you will find draw.io a little bit more complicated, in addition to that there are not so many diagram templates and shapes provided out-of-box.

Awesome tool for your flowcharts/diagrams

Overall experience was very positive. Many complex system designs and data flow were very easy to understand throughout the team when they were created and visualized using draw.io

Pros

We use flowcharts/diagrams everyday to understand and explain how the system is designed and draw.io provides a very reliable and easy to use solution for the same. The system designs and flowcharts can be easily created in no time with the easy to use draw.io UI where different tools are available for the same. Once the diagrams are created, no matter how complex they are, the diagrams can be easily exported in whatever format we want and can be shared across teams members via google share for review and collaborative work.

Cons

Some of the designs look very raw in draw.io. More sophisticated designs or templates can be provided to users so that draw.io starts getting more traction than some of the paid softwares available in the domain of creating design and flowcharts.

Best tool for creating uml diagrams

Almost two years using draw.io and never get any issues.

Pros

Draw.io provide all MS viso functionality for free.it has all the shapes and linker that you need to create a nice and professional diagrams. It’s very accessible and has a very intuitive UI. You can export your diagram or save them using google drive or one drive which is very nice especially if you need to access to them in other devices.

Cons

To be honest I didn’t notice any major con

A good Tool for Quick and Quality output

The overall experience has been good, this is the first tool that I fallback to If I have to do something quickly and good on business or technical drawing.

Pros

Good library of designs, easy to use, saving in many options, connection, and duplication features, web and desktop versions.

Cons

Aesthetics of the components can be improved, add some beautiful templates, and provide auto-suggestions based upon content.