JumpCloud Directory Platform Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.76/10

Reviews by rating

Not only is their entire team from sales, to customer success, to engineering, to support amazing, they are very fast to jump on any issues or features you are interested in to help.
Easy integration with my UniFi (UID) service. Amazing UI and perfect documentation.
JumpCloud is by far the best solution for those smaller businesses that don't have the time or the budget for a dedicated IT team.
Still missing some functionality that we need as an organization.
At times the instructions can seem vague and maybe presume too much.
Not having to maintain an internal LDAP directory has been a substantial burden that was lifted by JumpCloud.

Layton H.

Information Technology Analyst

Printing, 51-200 employees

JumpCloud Directory Platform - Windows, MacOS, Linux

Transcript

Layton: Hi, I'm Layton. I'm a help desk associate, and I would give JumpCloud five stars. Click below...

Justin S.

Senior DevOps Engineer

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Pricey, gets the job done, but not Active Directory

Transcript

Justin: Hi, I'm Justin, DevOps engineer, and I give JumpCloud five out of five stars. For more reviews...

David Y.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

Pricey but Worth it to the Right Organizations

With the move to the Cloud for so many applications and the move to the home for so many workers, Active Directory doesn't make sense for the typical organization. Based on trust of devices and better suited for office-centric installations, the "Zero Trust" aspect of JumpCloud allows you to free the users from the office network and safely access corporate data from anywhere with a high degree of security and control.

Pros

Powerful features allowing you to integrate Single Sign-On and develop a platform for frictionless access from any device to any resource. It gives me as an MSP (Managed Service Provider) the ability to manage access security from a single cloud-based platform.

Cons

Pricing can add up quickly, and a prospective user should carefully plan out your implementation strategy so you can look at their different pricing scenarios and not overbuy. Also, there is weakness in the strategies for security revolving around password resets and for lost/stolen mobile devices.

RR

Robert R.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Great functional product that tackles most of the Central management and directory functions

Jumpclouds offering has great features and helps simplify the central user management issue we had. Importing users from Gsuite which was the main system that housed all our users centrally was simple, albeit lacking granular import options (such as ignore mailgroups etc) Systems (which are devices) is the inventory of all your systems running the jumpcloud agent - the greatest feature here is being...

Pros

Support right through the demo to the purchase, to the implementation. Success criteria are agreed between yourselves and them. They're improving the product almost daily and have the ability to use web-hooks to monitor service status' The ease in which you are able to integrate Gsuite (as well as multiple ways to import users from your existing central directory) It also gives you the ability to tailor...

Cons

A few tricky bits around JC > Gsuite integration wording that take some time to get your head around when integrating and activating accounts once imported. The admin vs user console login is dynamic and handled via one URL making it a little frustrating to see what the user profile looks like as you have to log out/open a new window to log in as a user - they should be separate logins URLS/Pages...

RK

Ravit K.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Cylus Review

We are new to it, seems nice and easy to use but the MAJOR issue is locking us out of our PCs without any warnings and that caused us to pause the usage - a shame - as we worked hard to integrate it and were excited about using it.

Pros

The fact that I can have an active directory and SSO managed for Macs/Ubuntu and Window users all in one place is amazing

Cons

There's a bug and it locks our users, especially in Ubunto but also in Macs and it caused a HUGE inconvenience for us. Takes support time to respond. Initial chat response is quick, but when we need the professional side ad-hock when I have an Executive locked out of his pc all day, it wasn't resolved

CS

Carl S.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Excellent Solution for User and Device Management, Directory and Security

We are using JumpCloud as central directory, for SSO, for device and user management and partially MDM functionality. We love the support service, their incredibly enthusiastic and helpful staff. Support is brilliant! They are response time is sometimes hard to believe. The speed with which they have implemented features they mentioned in phone calls a few days before... we are well impressed. The end user experience is simple and assigning users to devices is lightning fast. JumpCloud helps us leverage zero touch deployment as well. We love that it has so many SSO integrations, too.

Pros

Great UI, self explanatory, fast and works in almost any browser (desktop and mobile). The ease of use is incredible. Basically no learning curve at all.

Cons

It would be great to have even more MDM functionality, especially for Mac and mobile devices.

MK

Mike K.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Software and Service

Very good and very helpful with managing dispersed machines across many different clients.

Pros

Automatically updates and pushes changes out to devices in near real-time. Works with a host of services and grows every day. Has many of the main features of a DaaS, without being overly complex or difficult to configure. Windows policy configuration without a domain for small businesses.

Cons

Lacks substantial Mac and Linux policy configuration.

AG

Alex G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Awesome software, awesome people

Pros

The ease of use as well as the Slack lounge + support team is quick to respond.

Cons

I have not encountered any situations yet where the software was not able to meet my needs.

FL

Felix L.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

A simple yet effective Cloud based management system

Pros

The free 10 first users really helped me do my proof of concepts with the applications I wanted to integrate. The interface is simple and everything you need to manage users and associated systems and applications are easy to find.

Cons

Policies to deploy to systems are a cool feature, however, there are too few policies for Linux. A community driven for policies could be very interesting.

JW

Jarred W.

Great for DaaS!

GREAT! This service has been FLAWLESS!

Pros

I like the integrations and synchronizations to other applications. Specifically, we use a hybrid AD approach. It works great! We’re also using the RaaS for dynamic vlan mapping. VERY impressed!

Cons

Wish there were more options that we didn’t have to customize via the powershell API. I don’t remember all of the cmdlets and have to look them up every time.

JM

Jason M.

Computer Networking, 1-10 employees

JumpCloud allows you to easily set up directory access for remote users

JumpCloud made a usually complicated process simple. That makes it easy to recommend.

Pros

We needed to set up a Radius Server for remote authentication and authorizations. JumpCloud allowed us to set this up in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Setting up a list of allowed Radius Clients was counter intuitive. You're asked to enter the IP's of Radius SERVERS, but they mean Radius CLIENTS.

Hany S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Great App that makes IT life easier

Great experience so far

Pros

Easy UI, Lots of integration and new features

Cons

Support needs to get more proactive and know their product more better

JF

Jason F.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

M&C JC Review

It has allowed me to leave Microsoft. No more servers. Just Jumpcloud.com -

Pros

I like using the commands feature mostly out of the all of the modules. It allows me to automate my environment and support my helpdesk effectively from behind the scenes.

Cons

The software list and policy review. Software lists are cumbersome; the policy checks cannot be searched and appear to be incomplete.

ES

Edan S.

Internet, 51-200 employees

It's your directory service, in the clouds. Free yourself from AD.

Faults aside, I love JumpCloud. I'd never go back to AD. Multi-platform endpoint management is huge. Apple MDM is the answer to our Mac admin needs. VPP and software deployment is getting there. This is an Apple-created issue as much as anything and JumpCloud is working to provide a best-in-class solution. There not there yet, but getting there. The pricing situation, breaking things out into feature-gated...

Pros

It's cloudy, SaaSy, and requires no on-prem or self-managed hardware to maintain.

Cons

Feature rollout is random. Like w/ any software, sometimes my prorities are hit, sometimes they feel forgotten. What's important to me and my company's use-case isn't always going to match up with what matters to JumpCloud. That being said, certain features are a long time in the offing.

SH

Sean H.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Not yet feature complete, but getting closer every quarter

Pros

Ease of use for SMB's, changes are reflected instantly, free for up to 10 users forever makes trialing trivial, and MDM features across Windows and Macs are uniquely useful.

Cons

Lacking some features. For example, they support VLAN assignment via RADIUS, but do not support named VLAN's in this configuration. It's not a complete replacement for AD in that you cannot nest groups, they have to be individually managed. The MDM features are some of the most interesting available, but feature availability is highly dependent on OS... for example, while both Mac and Windows have significant options available to them (albeit many fewer that Group Policy in AD provides), Linux has almost none of the MDM features available to it.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Perfect solution for an easy to implement IT systems management

The initial problem we were trying to solve was user management as we were originally a smaller company and used a lot of shared machines. Once we got on board with Jumpcloud, the ease of understanding and implementing device policies was near second to none, and even the use and set up of a Radius server for our Wifi management was near second to none. Finally, the support received from Jumpcloud is definitely second to none. If you have any issues, they're more than happy to jump on a call with you to work through an issues you may have, or to listen to any feature requests you're needing.

Pros

The ease of use of Jumpcloud and setting up our office equipment is the best thing about this service. Being able to add users with the ease of a click to shared machines, or adding new staff to your office Wifi, or make sure you have the best policies in place to keep your machine secure. JumpCloud is by far the best solution for those smaller businesses that don't have the time or the budget for a dedicated IT team

Cons

There isn't much to not like anymore. They now have VPP deployment for Macs and custom package deployments for mac. The only shortfall, for now, is that there currently isn't the ability to do automatic updating of Mac apps purchased via VPP. The last part that we'd like is iOS management.

RT

Randy T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Simple, Reliable and Affordable

I have been very happy with the price and reliability of the services that I need from JumpCloud. I don't use them all, but what I do use, I use extensively.

Pros

While JumpCloud may not have all the bells and whistles, what it does do, it does well. Super easy to use with a Google GSuite environment.

Cons

I wish SSO was beefed up a little more. Some nicer integrations would be great, but it is possible that there are partnerships with larger DaaS providers that were made exclusive and they can not get access to.

MH

Mark H.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

Reliable product

Jumpcloud are always requesting feedback and improving their offering

Pros

Minimal downtime and easy to navigate GUI.

Cons

Access to logs is via API only making them hard to decipher at times.

BB

Braden B.

Design, 201-500 employees

Full of Features

Pros

I love how many features it has. I use it daily as an admin for single sign on and as a directory tool. I also make sure our users use it on our radius network.

Cons

I wish 2 things were different: 1. Remote control or viewing. I would love to have the capability to remotely take control and/or monitor a user's laptop for remote support. 2. I wish the device working with a user worked more seamlessly. By that I mean I've noticed that when I pair a macbook that's registered in our Jumpcloud directory with a user and "Force a password change," the user is locked out of the macbook, (which is good), but then often has problems trying to sign in when they fill out the fields that appear, even when they use the correct old password and try to set a new one. I also wish that touch ID was enabled when the device is paired with a user and I can't seem to find a setting to change that on my own.

AC

Alexandre C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Very nice service

I use Jumpcloud from many years now, and I love it. A new deployment is simple and take only some minutes to be available. Management is also easy and not time consumming.

Pros

I work with many small companies,, and Jumpcloud is used to deploy central authentication service, without an AD or LDAP to deploy. A very good service to centralize assets, users and link then. I love the cross platform agent, mainly used with workstation on my side

Cons

Nothing for my usage, I don't use all available services but my needs are supported

FG

Felix G.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees

Best cloud based directory service

Pros

Constantly improving feature sets.. new policies and functions being developed constantly Friendly interface for sysadmins. RESTApi enabled backend.

Cons

Logging to external syslog from admin gui is not present. Older features don't have reporting enabled where new features all have logging in mind when building Often falling back to REST API to perform tasks which not available on admin gui.

AD

Andre D.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Dumping the old and embracing the new!

Overall JumpCloud has been wonderful. I was able to eliminate the costs of hosting a datacenter for my client and reduced their overall IT costs by 30% or more. This allowed them to use that savings to leverage other cloud based services to enhance their entire business model.

Pros

JumpCloud DaaS helped me move an organization from an expensive hosted AD environment to a cloud based one which provides much needed security and ease of use for my registered users. Its licensing scheme was cost effective, its inherent ability to migrate users onto the platform easily was great, and its administrative portal is very easy to use.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet. The software runs very well. Whenever I did run into issues with the deployment or setup the help team was prompt and knowledgeable.

JP

Jean-Pierre H.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

JumpCloud as windows MDM

Pros

We are a remote start up so having a cloud AD infrastructure doesn't make sense for us. JumpCloud provides a majority of the features of AD (GPO, Password management, iDP, etc) and is easy to use. I have an IT Intern that became proficient in JumpCloud within a month.

Cons

JumpCloud customer service could be better at responding. Our CS Manager is great, but for general support there is a lack of in dept information. There was an outage with JumpCloud and it was causing our users to be locked out of their PC's. Okta was on a zoom call with us within an hour to see if it was on their end, I had to open two JumpCloud tickets. It also took multiple days to get a RCA from JumpCloud.

ME

Moses E.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Easy deployment

I highly recommend purchasing JumpCloud. This software will provide all the tools they need to manage their users and devices in one place.

Pros

JumpCloud is very easy to install on devices and can be installed on Windows, Linux and MacOs. The UI of the software is simple and easy to use as well.

Cons

Without proper training, it could be dangerous to make changes in the settings and configurations.

Diana Elizabeth F.

Consumer Services, 501-1,000 employees

First time using a log in platform, use jumpcloud

it was a good experience, it was the first program we used to log in on our daily job, so it was very easy to use and to manage.

Pros

it's easy, and fast, and no need to do so much training with the new hires, which is a blessing when dealing with these kinds of software, so if this is your first time, I honestly recommend it.

Cons

sometimes they have glitches but you report them an it get fix right away most of the time, so like I said if this your first time, go on with Jumpcloud

RG

Robert G.

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

Microsoft AD Replacement in a Covid Environment

JumpCloud allowed us to transform our outdated Microsoft AD platform into one that was exceptionally functional in our highly distributed, covid-disrupted. It also allowed us to manage and keep track of all our workstations and users, manage them in ways we never before could.

Pros

Setup, distribution, administration and management have all be exceptionally straight-forward. For us, it was the right product at the right time at a reasonable cost.

Cons

Other than some initial ADMU issues that have since been corrected, we've found no major issues with JumpCloud.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Great option as cloud directory as service

Works just fine as a cloud-based domain service, ideal for spread organizations.

Pros

Easy to use and deploy for different OS options

Cons

Cost can become considerable for large number of users