Veriato Workforce Behavior Analytics Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.13/10

Reviews by rating

I love the product and would recommend it to any business owner, especially when you allow you staff to telecommute.
I am extremely happy with this product and the data that it provides, and I would recommend this to anyone in a corporate environment.
Software constantly has issues, stops recording, etc. Lately has been causing boot corruption on Windows 10 computers.
The alerting is not as accurate as I would have hoped. Analytics are almost always false when reporting potential threats based on user reaction.
Poorly designed, bad interface , missing features.

Bob K.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Able to monitor all employee activities, review actions performed and perform audits.

We were concerned about activities of users possibly steeling company documents or deleting things without approval. Now we can see and most importantly prove if an employee downloads files to a flash drive, copies large amounts of data at one time and see exactly what was done.

Pros

One centrally monitored place to view all actives either on an individual or get reports on general activities of all employees.

Cons

Setup takes some time to tweek things right, but once configured its very reliable.

KH

Karen H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Very useful product that saved our small business money in the long run

We are a small business and we used Workplace Monitor to view the activity of one employee who was suspected of spending a lot of non work related time on the internet while complaining that she was overloaded with work and could not keep up. This software helped us get to the truth which saved us from hiring unnecessary extra staff which would have been a financial hardship for us. It also saved us...

Pros

The software wasn't picked up by the virus protection software, and we were able to monitor the activity from a separate computer rather than having to go to the computer being monitored to view the activity. There was a report that gave the total amount of internet usage per day and broke it down by the total time on each website which made it quick and easy to get an accurate assessment of the time being spent on non work related internet usage. When the computer being monitored was broken, customer service was helpful and assisted us in moving our license to a new computer.

Cons

I believe we were only able to monitor activity on one browser (Internet Explorer?), which worked fine in our case, but could be an issue if an employee uses multiple browsers.

DW

Drew W.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Review of the Vision trial

It's a bumpy road to a nice vista at the end. Plan for an extended deployment window. I'm happy with the software and appreciate what it does but it wasn't painless.

Pros

I liked the easily viewable console, I really appreciated 2FA on the website, screen recording seemed to work properly

Cons

Let's start with support. Support is abysmal currently. Maybe it was due to Covid-19 but the turn around to get a response was terrible. Ultimately I was able to get a hold of somebody higher up and his immediate attention and resolution of problems is the only reason support didn't get a 1 star. I submitted a question about Chrome and was asked what browser I was using. All that said, once it's online it seems to be running smoothly so far.

RM

Russell M.

Primary/Secondary Education, 10,001+ employees

More than I expected

Monitoring and securing our Districts network

Pros

When we got Veriato 360, we were mostly looking to post incident reporting when people misuse our computers or network. It does that, really well. I was surprised, and find more useful, all the other things it does. It summarizes all things going on in your network in an easy to read and understand way. We use it all the time when we plan our budget. It tells us what programs and websites people use and how much they use them. It really can put in perspective what you should be spending your money on or improving.

Cons

It does not run on enough platforms. They really need an agent of some kind for iphones/android/chrome books.

KL

Kai L.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Veriato 360 Review

Pros

Veriato 360 is easy to set up and the user interfaces are very user-friendly. It records user activities and notifies the administrator when an event has been caught. This is a great employee monitoring software I think every company should have as parts of their security plan.

Cons

One of the issues I have is to access archived screenshots. It seems to only keep the recorded data up to a certain time period. I am also having lots of trouble with built-in anti-malware in the Windows 10. It will report Veriato 360 as a malware every time the monthly update applies.

BE

Brian E.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Veriato brings the truth to light.

We have been using Veriato for a few years now, having initially invested under its previous name. We have leveraged the tool to investigate suspected employee misuse of resources, with has resulted in both confirmation of suspicions of misuse as well as exoneration for those wrongly accused. I see this as a significant win in that this software pulls back the shroud of uncertainty and exposes the simple truth, enabling management to make decisions based on unbiased factual evidence.

Pros

In recent improvements to the software, I have noticed a much more intuitive deployment process. The fine-grained configuration capabilities are a great benefit in that we can really focus in on the context of interest for information gathering, allowing focused review of the employee being monitored by reducing the "noise" of unnecessary data being collected.

Cons

System alerts in the management console are unclear at times, leading to significant time wasted trying to resolve the issue.

DS

David S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

VERIATO 360

WE HAVE USED VERIATO FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS AND IT HAS HELPED IN A LOT OF CASES AND ALLOWS CALL CENTER MONITORING.

Pros

THIS SOFTWARE-VERIATO 360 ALLOWS YO TO VIEW A USER'S ACTIONS IN REAL TIME AND VIDEO LIKE OU ARE SITTING THERE.

Cons

THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT GRAB OUTLOOK DATA IF YOU USE GSUIT OUTLOOK CONNECTOR SOFTWARE FROM GOOGLE. SO YO HAVE TO WATCH THE VIDEO.

JS

Jason S.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

A good tool for keeping track of the employees

This is a good overall product that keeps track of employees online activities and company time.

Pros

I like that I can see what my employees are doing and when they are doing it. How they are utilizing company time and money!

Cons

It can be cumbersome and timely to install. Some of the settings are a pain but a skilled IT professional can overcome those pains.

DW

David W.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Used other for 1-2 years

Veriato 360 - an IT Pro Perspective

Two of my clients wanted to monitor internet usage on their front desk (dental offices) in particular. We had used a SpectreSoft product to monitor usage prior to that and this was the successor product. In many ways I liked the Spectre program better but it was not centrally managed and it was much more expensive per PC.

Pros

The software is pretty comprehensive in what it captures and is fairly easy to navigate the logs by machine.

Cons

It is difficult to load with existing antivirus or antimalware software. You have to be really on your toes and get everything turned off or your AV will kill off the program and the various files which need to be exceptions. As I recall, I think it loads everything in one folder and you can exclude that folder in your AV. At first, I thought you had to put each individual file into the exception list and that was cumbersome. But I chaulk that up to inexperience. My second client which used it went much smoother.

MB

Martin B.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

The eye in the sky

its been 50/50 for me, there were times where we needed to see the activity of a employee and the software was either down or not recording properly. its something you have to keep an eye on to make sure the services for it are running and the antivirus sofware is not getting in the way.

Pros

capability to monitor the activity of our users via screenshots, email, key logging, web site views, application view, file transers and etc. all in one software to know what you employees are up to and if they are doing anything they should not be.

Cons

i have had issues installing the recorders on certain computers and servers. it installs in the background so it does not tell if you it was completed or if something stopped it from completing

Thanks for leaving us a review Martin. With regard to the agent health status, this is a feature that is on our road map. This feature was recently added to our flagship product called Cerebral where once the agent is successfully installed on the device, a notification is sent to the Admin. The reason the recorders stop working sometimes is that users often update to newer versions of browsers or even operating systems that we may not have built a patch for yet. All this feedback will be sent to our Dev team!

SL

Shadouh L.

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

User and Admin Friendly

Our business uses it daily to measure employee productivity as well as making sure no attorney client privilege is broken.

Pros

I like that we spend less time training first time users because it is easy to use as well as easy to maintain.

Cons

I wish it is easier to use with office 365 so we can collaborate it with the software

TL

Todd L.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Getting Better All the Time...

Pros

I haven't used this software since version 8.5. Wow!! Lot's of improvements and it sounds like many more are in the pipeline to be delivered shortly. Things are laid out better (more logical) and the machine name licensing issue is finally being addressed. Pushing out to clients is vastly improved as well. The documentation is much better and the inclusion of help links throughout the product is much appreciated. Keep up the good work!!

Cons

The machine name licensing issue... but I understand that is being re-worked so I okay with it since I know it is being addressed.

PO

Phillipp O.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

A superb product for vigilant management staff

We are a MSP and provide this solution to multiple of our clients. All of them (after the initial deployment) are very happy with the results and the data it provides to increase productivity and audit their daily operations.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to provide our clients with portal access. For most users the simple functions of the software are easily reachable and the data is displayed in a manner that is intuitive and understood without high-level I.T knowledge. Once the software is deployed the management console is easy to use and low-impact.

Cons

Initial setup can be tedious in regards to getting all of the recorders deployed. We've used this multiple times and each time there has been some sort of complication that makes the wizard impossible to use for a complete deployement. (WMI and the like.) Luckily there are work-arounds and when you work with the support they are eager to assist and resolve any issues you run into.

LM

Larson M.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

4 years and counting.

I have owned it for About four years now. Although there are some frustrations in regards to updates and frequent recorder versions. I would continue to on the software and do.

Pros

It captures everything. It’s not super fancy in Regards to the future but it’s functional and clean. The software has a lot of possibility depending on the users you need to record.

Cons

The installation can be difficult on the client side due to antivirus and and the complexity of the software. The recorders also need frequent updating which requires a reboot of the workstations.

DM

Drew M.

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

RansomSafe an excellent addition to anti malware strategy

RansomSafe installs in less than 1 hour per server. It is easily configured, and does not require a reboot to install. It is highly effective at mitigating Malware attacks. We have had to intervene in 3 such attacks, and they all were limited to a single user and restoration took 15 minutes or less, after the malware was contained.

Pros

Backups of affected files, and the ability to offer it as a service to our clients

Cons

The software delivery process. Having to train end-users to avoid the honey-pot files.

HG

Hal G.

Printing, 51-200 employees

Must have tool for any business

We had many thoughts about what time the staff was spending on certain items and were able to confirm those assumptions.

Pros

Stealth, easy to deploy and comprehensive.

Cons

Nothing, was great software, we absolutely love it

DK

Doug K.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Not Just Straightforwad

Monitoring employee activity on our computing/networking resources. We've not gotten much value from the product (see above) mainly because we don't have a full-time IT support person on staff to figure everything out.

Pros

It looks have tremendous capabilities with some great information collection tools. With this comes complexity and installation/operation is not for the novice.

Cons

Installation and troubleshooting. Excluding from virus protection (Windows 10; have to have subdirectories created before the subdirectory can be excluded..) before installation is complex and the computer we had it loaded on has "black screened" on us twice now. It almost seems to be conflicting with our operating system which as stated is Windows 10 on all of our workstations.

TH

Timothy H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Works great if you can get it to work properly

The customer service is great, every question I have had, they have an exact answer which is really nice when dealing with customer support.

Pros

I like most that I can manage my licenses from my server directly and make changes. The ability to have the software functioning without me having to check on it on a constant basis lets me worry less about it.

Cons

The setup is what makes this software hard to use. I use a domain server and it is tricky to install and get the workstations synced with the server properly. I have gotten it to work, but it is a long process of having to go to the individual computers, install the recorder, and change the antivirus permission settings which is a pain.

IT

Ilan T.

Online Media, 51-200 employees

Veriato review

Technical support is unable to problem solve these issues leaving an unfavorable experience.

Pros

Screenshots are fairly clear Email activity works fairly well

Cons

After countless call with Technical Support there are still problems with: Tracking of websites do not work for users of Chrome List of Recordings by Computer contain older irrelevant recordings Cannot rename computers Online Searches feature does not work Websites Visited does not work File Transferred feature does not work File tracking is not detailed enough

EB

Eric B.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Veriato Recon

Pros

Installing Veriato and the agent is straight forward and easy. Being able to capture the user activity on an endpoint during an investigation is vital for an company. Support is easy to get ahold of and is always helpful.

Cons

No cons with the latest version as most issues have been fixed

NP

Nathan P.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent solution for employee monitoring

Pros

Application is extremely easy to set up and use. We were up and running in a very short amount of time when compared to other solutions that were evaluated.

Cons

We really didn't find any major issues with the application.

KC C.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Veriato collects everything

The software is great, if you have any question about what an employee is doing with there time and sensitive data you know it all.

Pros

How easy it is to setup and the amount of data that is collected. Easy to go back and see what has been collected. All the reports are really nice as well.

Cons

Adding and removing accounts, to redeploy lic you have to remove them all. Then re add them.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Veriato is OK but its like a game of cat and mouse

V360 V9 is a nice improvement over V8 but the management console in V9 crashes too often, and is rather finnacky, and lacks advanced options - however overall it is easier to use - especially since they switched to port 443. Support is good if you can get a hold of them - they can be slow to call or email back.

Pros

It is rather transparent to the users unless they are really trying to find it. Screenshots are nice, and the amount of data points veriato claims they can monitor is impressive.

Cons

Many of the data types were not accurately recorded. For example, with google chrome always updating, the recorders from V360 cannot reliable capture all of the web events. The installation includes SQL Server Express, which is limited to 9.6 GB - requiring the users to provide their own MSSQL Server license to store more data without having to export old data first. There should be an option to use other databases.

DS

David S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great Product to assure employees are working on the rigth stuff

Pros

The ability to record the screen and have forensic evidence of what happened on the PC. If we have any issues with telecommuters not being productive we can see what is going on and discuss the reality with the team member. There is no lying out of the proof this provides.

Cons

The product does use a lot of resources on the server, but that is expected for what we are getting.

JP

JEAN PIERRE L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

Pros

configuration was easy to do and very good support for your team

Cons

I did not see anything I did not like, I recommend this software to my contacts