Stackify Retrace Reviews

6,725     18,127

Joshua Boensch

Quick error resolution

04/01/2017

I was a long time customer of a competitor's tool since early 2013 and thought I was happy with what I was getting. I cannot say that price wasn't a consideration in my decision but I read quite a few positive reviews and after reading one that went something like "...in just a couple days of installing Stackify we found an error on our site we didn't even know was occurring previously..." it was decided that I should at least test Stackify. Of course, I immediately liked the interface and the ability to search logs was an awesome touch as well, but what hooked me was within 24 hours of installing Stackify we found an Exception that has existed since the launch of a new ad campaign we started 10 months ago. Most events/errors were trapped and reporting on this process because of its importance, but somehow this one thing wasn't. The error existed for approximately 10 months and we were never aware of it; IE, the competitor's product never barked about it. I immediately canceled my contract with the competitor and signed on with Stackify.

Pros

Quick error resolution, detailed error from exceptions, fantastic customer support

Cons

So far none that I have seen

Time used: Less than 6 months

Frequency of use: Daily

10/10

Recommendations to others considering Stackify Retrace

If you think your product is good enough, just try Stackify, its free, What do you have to lose?

Steven Roberts

makes DEV Ops so much easier

09/11/2015

In most of my career I've been a consultant at major corporations, mostly concerned with 'getting it done'. Most of these companies have entire departments focused on operations and don't need me doing that job, but some of my smaller clients have asked that I take these roles on as well and until I found Stackify I felt like there was too much. I still feel that way but at least now I can see trouble spots and drill in. Instead of having to spend all my time finding the hotspot I can now spend that time fixing the hotspot.

Pros

I love the graphs, and the details and the ease of navigation, plus when I was stuck on a particular issue, the Stackify support was very helpful.

Cons

The documentation is there for sure, but more is always better.

Time used: 6-12 months

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Stackify

Glad to hear it's working for you. We live to make fixing app problems faster and easier. Thanks for the review!

Aaron Mehlmauer

Easy to get started, outstanding customer support

04/09/2015

I am using Stackify to monitor a multi-tier application in AWS, and was amazed at how easy it was to immediately get all of the servers reporting data on the app with no extra configuration. Our development team has been equally pleased with how simple it has been to have the application's logs fed right to Stackify and accessible from a single dashboard for our product support team. On top of that, the communication from the company has been outstanding. Even though our app is small, they have given us all the attention in the world. The team at Stackify has even provided multiple conference calls demoing their solution to different players in our company throughout the development cycle. And not a single bit of communication we received from Stackify during our evaluation was sales-focused - they really wanted to make sure that we knew exactly what we would be getting. After initially evaluating a competitor whose products seemed overly confusing and whose costs would have exceeded our total AWS bill, Stackify was an easy choice.

Pros

Very easy to use - doesn't get in the way of development with a steep learning curve. Awesome, accessible support team always at the ready, which was especially nice when we started using more of the advanced features of AWS. For example, when we were talking about writing scripts to help automate parts of our environment, they sent over some scripts to take care of automatically installing Stackify within the hour, saving me a lot of time and research. As a newbie to AWS and the cloud, this saved hours of work.

Cons

Honestly, we haven't experienced a single drawback is using Stackify as an APM provider.

Time used: 6-12 months

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Stackify

We love to hear this. Thanks for the review! Keep in touch. We love feedback and we're happy to help however we can.

A verified reviewer

The best .NET APM tool

01/06/2015

We were using New Relic, but it wasn't providing us the info we wanted and it was so expensive that we couldn't afford having it on all prod servers. I've been using Stackify in a .net , Azure based webapp, the app is with high traffic subscription service, and solid services is essential. In one case we were using Stackify to identify an issue that made the site slow occasionally, it was very hard to pin point the source of the problem. Once installed it was a very fast process and we identified the combination of issues that lead to this behavior. Having the log and error data as part of the detailed trace was tremendous help. And seeing all the logs recorded when an exception was thrown is a cool little feature. Personally I can watch their real-time tailing all day long.

Pros

Easy to use Simple installation In-line log and error data in trace Integration of performance management with log management Lower cost than most competitors

Cons

Need to improve their mobile support APM needed in more languages

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Stackify

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you managed to fix the issue fast, are you now monitoring this issue, so if it will ever come back you'll be notified about it?

Michael Gurczynski

When problems arrive Stackify has us on top

04/05/2015

It is so awesome to know our IT department is now the first to know of a site outage or server problem. Thanks to Stackify we get alerts within minutes of anything odd or unexpected allowing us to evaluate and correct if a problem exists, Thanks Stackify

Pros

Flexible and affordable

Cons

Can't think of any we have expereinced

Tom Gerken

Easy to set up, a hit with the whole team

23/03/2015

Stackify allowed us to quickly set up a centralized logging system which was easily accessible to developers, qa and product for review and analysis.

Pros

It was very quick/easy to set up.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Stackify

Thanks, this is great to hear. We use the tool in our Dev, QA and Prod. as well. It's nice to be able to compare behavior before and after release, and know that we didn't re-introduce any old issues.

Kristoffer Peterhänsel

Easy solution to get centralized logs in a hurry.

17/03/2015

Scouring the web for centralized logging solutions to use for a Java-based solution I am currently working at. I came across Stackify. Initially it was somewhat down my list of candidates - with much more flashy. But after trying a bunch we ended up with Stackify due to how easy it was to get useful logs into the system. And how well it works with Java out of the box.

Pros

* Easy to set up for Java * Intelligently collects and groups Java exceptions allows

Cons

- Does not really provide any tools advanced analyses of logs - Requires some additional code to proper shut down - The logging appender itself throws connection exceptions fairly often that ends up in the general overview of how the application is doing

Anonymous
Senior Application Developer ( company, 10001+ employees)

What a powerful log management solution

16/02/2015

We love the Stackify error & log management solution it was the perfect solution (after a months long journey trialing numerous logging services!). It provides you with all the info to easily find the source of an exception. We also monitor our logs to ensure that there are no spikes of log especially around important KPIs and specific customers.

Pros

We especially like being able to go from getting notification of exception that is trending in the wrong direction to see all the logs recorded around that exception. Stackify also have very friendly and helpful support team

Cons

We haven't had the time to evaluate their monitoring solution, but we're looking forward to do that.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Stackify

Thank you for your kind words. You should also try our new application performance management solution

Jake Dubin

DevOps out of the box!

12/02/2015

Until Stackify, there was no one tool to do monitoring, performance dashboards, log aggregation, and more. This same technology would come with 5 or more software/hardware products and 5 or more bills as well. Stackify does all of this in one package and provides you the actionable insights necessary to target problems when they happen and point you directly to where they are happening and all systems/software affected.

Pros

Log aggregation is by far my favorite feature. Beyond this, the dashboards provide the window directly to your systems, stacks and help interrelate software and hardware systems, even across multiple data centers and cloud sites.

Cons

Putting on my software engineer hat, I would like to have the ability to prescribe templates for how I want to view certain aggregations of logs for certain app stacks to better represent that stack right out of the box instead of having to select it each time.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Stackify

Thanks Jake. You can see your predefined set of logs today using saved log query by environment, app, error, specific ID or strings etc.
We will be releasing soon a new feature that will give you even more flexibility.

Anonymous
Application developer (Information Technology and Services company, 10001+ employees)

Love it! save me the need of using 5 other tools

08/07/2014

We were looking for a tool that will allow us to better understand what's going on with our cloud app, we were using Nagios for some pieces of the info some log aggregation tools and few other tools. Stackify integrated all these tools together making it easier for our team to find what we need to solve issues fast without the need to train on different tools. It does a great job at providing lots of useful information without it becoming overwhelming directing us to the relevant information needed at that point. All of the features are well thought out and it has proven very helpful at diagnosing and solving bugs in our application.

Pros

Unified platform Easy to use Simple and fast to install Aimed toward developers (at last not a tool just for operations, though our operations use it as well)

Cons

None found so far

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Stackify

Thank you, we are doing our best to make your life easier.

Mark Scott

20/07/2015

Time used: Less than 6 months

Customer testimonials for Stackify Retrace

The following testimonials have been provided by Stackify.

Existing monitoring tools were only providing us with alerts when something was wrong. In any given scenario, we could have had several alerts and not understand how they are related or what is the root cause of the problem. Stackify made sense of the information and helped us pinpoint the problem. Using Stackify we changed our support model and embraced DevOps movement and we can now offer better support and faster application issue resolution.

Jake Dubin

The new APM+ solution is an incredible addition to Stackify’s log management and application monitoring solutions. It allows us to quickly and easily identify performance issues all the way down to external calls, database queries, and even individual methods. There is simply no better tool to identify performance issues that can run in production, period

Michael Paterson, Principal software engineer at Carbonite

We needed a logging solution that could centralize all of our logs but not on our own servers or our client servers. Stackify provided us with a system that could work seamlessly within our clients’ cloud servers and be remotely accessible by our team, something we haven’t found in any other error & log management solution.

Alex Retzlaff, Fewzion