TeamDynamix Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend7.74/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Our university is new to using the software, but the overall transition to TDX has been great. I really enjoy the culture of TDX and their want to continue to improve.
Most of my complaints are being handled in next software update release.
Even the things that are missing product enhancements can be made so I wouldn't say there are any cons.
No videos for new users, and no way to track software licenses (maybe in the future?).

TeamDynamix users...

ServiceNow Customer Service Management-logocaret

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Cherwell Service Management-logocaret

Cherwell Service Management

How would you rate TeamDynamix?

Great tool with great people behind it.

The team is amazing. They listen to customers and work to constantly improve the product. It is great value for the money.

Pros

Ease of use. Powerful reporting. Team behind it.

Cons

Mobile experience is not as feature rich as the desktop version and is not as easy to use.

Great platform for service management needs

Ticket volume has increased, but so have user satisfaction scores. Time to resolve has decreased. More and more departments are seeking to use it for their own service management.

Pros

TeamDynamix makes tracking and reporting tickets and projects easy. It has multiple layers of built-in automation out of the box.

Cons

The search features in TeamDynamix aren't the best. Currently, dashboards do not display data in real-time.

CRM Software that's not quite there

Used for IT support at a higher education institution. Seems... fine. Less bells and whistles than ServiceNow but that's ok, we don't need them and they are generally overcomplicated. Simple is best, but there's some QoL improvements that will help it flow better.

Pros

Reports are powerful (if a little unintuitive) and the asset management system is good.

Cons

The software is constantly opening up new windows for every asset record or ticket that is opened. It's very frustrating and they easily get lost amid the other windows that I have open. Also, there is no dark mode, so it is very harsh on the eyes with no alternative scheme for those that would prefer it.

TD from an ed-tech perspective

Adopting TD has allowed us to mature as an organization.

Pros

Keeping all communications in a single place on a request is a must. Having a self service portal and knowledge base has helped campus tremendously. I appreciate that it was designed to be flexable and understand the unique needs of higher education.

Cons

It does not function very well on mobile. If you do not set up custom reports, it is easy to "loose" requests as they change states. It would be nice if there were a way to force ticket tasks. i.e. ticket could not be sent to another person or closed until a task was completed first.

Good overall

It is mostly positive. It has been relatively quick and the ability to upload documentation and images is very nice. One thing that bugs me is that attachments open in new windows/tabs and I don't see an option to set how you'd like that to happen. It would be nice to have a document always open in a new window. It would also be great if I could set tickets to open in a new tab instead of new windows but I don't see that as an option either. The workflow overall is pretty good and writing reports is pretty powerful yet simple. The day-to-day ease of use could be improved though. Also, support for high-efficiency HEIC images would be great. JPEG and PNG are good but a lot of newer phones shoot in HEIC by default. It would also save some space with attachments.

Pros

The ease of entering most information is very nice. The fact that we can route things pretty efficiently is also quite nice because we can route things to another user or group/responsibility easily. Integration options are pretty good and the fact that it supports our Single sign-on method for increased security is a plus.

Cons

It isn't always as flexible as IT needs it to be. It is not possible to have a requestor and recipient which would be a great help. Many of our users have office managers or assistants that submit work orders/tickets on behalf of the user experiencing an issue or requesting a service. Having the ability to have a requestor and recipient specified in TDX would be awesome. We also don't have an easy...

TeamDynamix Review

Pros

The features are all very powerful and customizable. If you want a form or user portal to look a certain way, you can do it. If you need a specific report done, you can do it. You can also create as many instances of an app as you want, so you can use it across the organization.

Cons

There are a few processes that feel like they should be simple that really aren't. For example, sending someone an email through a ticket requires creating a comment, making the comment public, then selecting the user from the contact list to send the message.

TeamDynamix for Higher Education

Our overall experience using TeamDynamix is great. It was an easy change over from our previous ITSM product.

Pros

The implementation went very smoothly.

Cons

I wish the Search function was easier.

Decent Application for Incident Management, lacking for projects

TD has helped my team focus on the tickets that come in. We've opted to track projects in a different tool. Using TD for tickets allows our clients to search for fixes in the Knowledge Base or open a ticket from our portal.

Pros

I like the SLA customizability of the application. You can have different SLA's for difference services within the app.

Cons

The project side is just clumsy. It takes a lot of work to submit a project and even more to schedule it out nicely.

TeamDynamix Use as a Higher Education Institution

Pros

What I like most about this software is the capability to customize everything to best fit your specific organization.

Cons

The thing I like the least about the software is all of the additional add-ons. Although it can be nice to an extent, it can be inconvenient that we have to purchase a new piece of the software every time we look to improve our ticketing system.

Great for PMO to handle a large number of projects simultaneously

Multiple project management has became smoother. Team time and activity tracking became possible. Its an organizational knowledge base as it contains projects repository

Pros

The software has all aspects of the project as it includes baselines, resource pool, plans, portfolio, budget, service type, scope definition, risk register, calendars, resource time management, brief case where you can upload the project documents such as plans, lessons learnt, project. It is easy as a team to mark projects with issues ( yellow/ red) for follow-up or mitigation. It integrates with Active directory It is web based which facilitates working offsite with the need for VPN or having client app installed on the machine used. Easy tool to monitor teams tasks and project workloads.

Cons

Project plans created in MS project need to be saved in XML format before being imported to teamdynamix. I would have preferred if it was a straight forward import. There is no MAC OS client.

Chatham University TDX integration

So far, so good... It has been a pretty decent integration. Andrey has been wonderful with helping and answering questions, and getting the answers if he didn't know off-hand the solution to problems.

Pros

I like the layout of the Desktops and the way you can kind of customize the Desktops and make different desktops for different purposes. Ticket management is pretty straight forward, and I am able to use it just fine. I like being able to have and use response templates. I really like the client portal. It seems like it will be very user friendly for us (our clients) to use and I think it will become more and more useful as we add function and content to it.

Cons

Here are the things I don't like: - You can not edit an update after it is saved. Web Help Desk allowed for that and it was a HUGE game-changer! - You can not highlight, use different fonts, bold, italic, or underline text or make anything a different color in the body of an update or anywhere in the ticket...Nothing to call attention to important content except maybe typing in all caps... - All...

New user, but so far, so good

I used our previous issue tracking system for 9 years, so I was deeply familiar with how it worked, and switching to a new product is difficult/frustrating. The best improvement, though, is the reporting/analytics. The reports are much more informative and expansive than our previous solution. Also, this product seems to be more customizable, or at least it's easier to customize, and on the fly. It took forever to make changes to forms and fields in our previous solution because they had to take the app down in order to publish. With TDX, they can publish whenever is convenient, without any downtime.

Pros

I like the automatic routing and easy escalation of tickets based on workflows, as well as the granularity of control that agents have when choosing who to notify with each update. The knowledge base is great; it's easy to attach articles to tickets. Transparency of activity to the customer is great.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how the updates in the feed get out of (chronological) order when a customer replies to a previous email. It makes earlier updates move up the feed so they appear above later updates, so you have to pay close attention to the date/time stamps in order to understand what's currently happening in the ticket. I also don't like how the update fields don't have a rich text editor. It's really clunky to have to include full URLs in comments to clients and not being able to compose instructions with ordered lists is a real problem for us--it's like one of the cardinal rules of providing clear, concise directions for customer support.

Perspective from a Service Desk Team Lead and Knowledge Manager

For the most part, I like it because it is easy to use. My only real complaint is it really does need better knowledge integration. However, at least it does have a knowledge component so that is nice. From what I hear, other systems that support the type of integration I would expect to be fully KCS compliant are significantly more expensive.

Pros

-It was easy to start using with minimum training -I love the reporting tools available and the ability to create customized reports -I love that it has a knowledge base available to offer self-service to our clients, and help our agents reduce time on resolving problems that someone else has already resolved -I love that after a few upgrades, we finally had the option to use nested fields. This allowed us to be able to get all the information we needed from a client from the get go, and only the information that was needed for that request.

Cons

-The knowledge base does not integrate well with the ticketing process. The knowledge base search on the ticket only shows results for approved articles. I wish that it would show articles of all status - or better yet have a filter on the ticket to choose status if desired. This would allow our agents to see if another person has started working on a similar issue, even if they haven't finished the...

Our Experience With TeamDynamix

We rely heavily on the incident management. It has been a very stable platform and functions well for ticketing.

Pros

The user interface is relatively simple and easy to navigate. It has become more useful with the recent features that have been implemented.

Cons

Our implementation was back on version 9. The newer versions added more features, but in turn caused a lot of our initial methods of ticketing to become obsolete. Now we have a tremendous amount of "bloat" that needs to be cleaned up.

A great product with a lot of robust features

TeamDynamix has allowed us to continue to support our end users with a robust tool that all of our students, faculty, and staff have access to. Since we have switched to TeamDynamix, we have had at least 5 other departments decide to offer support through TeamDynamix. In addition, we are in the process of deploying TeamDynamix's Project Management tool for IT usage and expect for other departments to be interested in the tool as well.

Pros

Support with this software is AMAZING! Any time we have ever had an issue or question, TDX support has been there quickly to address our concerns and help us get back up and running. The do not have customer service reps at a call center that only know a limited amount about the software. When you reach out to support you will speak with someone that knows the application inside and out. Their implementation and support team are willing to take time with you to ensure that you fully understand how the various components in the application work.

Cons

Reporting could be much better. They have a built-in report builder tool that has limited functionality. The product we used prior to TeamDynamix leveraged SAP BusinessObjects for reporting. We had the ability to build custom multipage reports, that were customizable to our specific requirements. Although TeamDynamix does have a reporting tool that can provide you most of the information you are looking for; many times it requires you to run multiple reports and manually combine the reports to get the desired outcome. Also, the administration portal can be somewhat clunky. It can be difficult to locate the exact feature that you want to modify. However, with regular usage, you can easily learn where everything is located.

A fast cloud-based central service support portal that is configurable and flexibly-designed.

Pros

- Despite being cloud-based, it has a very responsive web-based user interface, no complaints at all about responsiveness and speed of rendering pages - A clean and simple UI design, a very important factor when considering the varied user types who will consume this service. I work on a University campus, and intuitive and clear interfaces are absolutely necessary - Flexible support workflows....

Cons

- This is not a light-weight solution for ticketing and support, I would strongly encourage anyone considering this solution to assign full-time resources for ongoing development of process workflows, depending on how much your organization utilizes workflows for creating tickets and automating repetitive tasks. - Remember, it is cloud-based, and the vendor has provided excellent support for their product. it's also very speedy, but its possible in the future that performance may vary, who is to know. So you a trade-off could be in the future a hit to performance, possibly, and a lack of control, having the data not stored locally. If those ramifications are understood, There are few downsides, presently.

Team dynamix is a great product

The tdx folks are great to work with. They respond to tickets I submit typically within an hour of submitting them. Always kind and professional

Pros

Tdx is flexible and easy to configure. I can almost always provide the functionality my clients and technicians need.

Cons

It is hard sometimes to find where certain setups are done especially things you don’t do often. Also, it needs the ability to better integrate project tasks and tickets

Tdx

We started using TDX at the height of the pandemic, and I think a lot of us were fearful switching at such a crucial time but the training and resources made the transition smoother than expected.

Pros

Hi TDX, I've used a number of ticketing systems including Salesforce, service now, spice works, and now tdx. I'm just getting started on creating an application for school of music within the UofM application. I find the trainings and kbs very helpful. I just finished up doing our import for assets. I will say that I struggled a little on the asset import because I wasn't incredibly familiar with how to make some adjustments automated within excel. That said, tdx is a powerful tool and once you can navigate it, it's gold. I think the best function is the flexibility in reporting and the creation of customized forms.

Cons

I think that having everything pop open in its own window is a bit of a learning curve for some, but honestly that can be overlooked.

IT Management Made Simple (Almost To A Fault)

When another ticket management software became too pricey and difficult to work with and customize, we switched to TeamDynamix to save money while retaining most features we need. The user-facing portal was quick and easy to implement, while out of the box features for ITIL-end users was mostly complete, so setup time was minimum. Day-to-day we are now able to still get just as much work done, even though some workflows have changed.

Pros

Teamdynamix is a great tool for IT project, service, and incident management. It's clean interface makes it easy for both the end user and technicians to get work done. - Quick to implement with good support - Clean customizable interface for the end user and ITIL views - Easy workflow building - Everything is documented, even automation, so you know all the checks and routing of workflows - Works fast

Cons

Teamdynamix is very simple but that can work against you if you have more complicated needs in your IT management. - Design is limited, it was tough for us even to get edge-to-edge or "full-bleed" on the web view. So your horizontal space is limited out of the box. - Every ticket shows all notes, checks, and workflow steps in the "work notes." So if you make a work note and then send it through a workflow, you'll have to scroll down through all the workflow checks that were noted before you can get to technician work notes - While it's very customizable, the system does have it's limitations, so you may have to adjust your workflow when handling tickets.

TD is a great tool - highly customizable and easy to integrate

TD is easy to learn and easy to build processes with. It helped me drive maturity across our organization and implement processes that make it easier to operate our support organization.

Pros

I love the ability to integrate TD with the tools I need to manage our resources, and the reporting gives me everything I need to make sure our operations are running efficiently.

Cons

Our custom attributes make it easy to tie data to tickets and assets, but with lots of people customizing the tool for their needs, it can become very complex and convoluted. It takes a good amount of effort to keep it clean.

TeamDynamix Review

TeamDynamix is a rock solid platform for ITSM, asset, and project management. It offers a lot of features in a relatively simple to maintain platform, putting time back into the hands of staff who may spend a lot of time with configuration on other platforms. The support is second to none. There are so many ways to get help, from TeamDynamix itself, but the user community is robust and extremely supportive.

Pros

TeamDynamix as a platform is easy to use, easy to understand and well featured. It offers a lot of functionality in the core platform, giving customers the flexibility to grow into it and for it to grow for an organization. The ability to quickly create a variety of ticketing apps, support portals for knowledge and service management will help to quickly allow for adoption across an organization.

Cons

There are some quirks with he product that could use improvement, especially around email notifications, There is some customization available, but there could be more to allow for more dynamic use of email messaging. There is also currently no real mobile view from an overall ticket management perspective.

Great start for immature organizations trying to elevate their Project Portfolio and Service Mgmt

They seem very interested in developing the product's capability based on feedback from the user community. Would like to see greater though leadership and more focus on enhancing the PPM side of the product.

Pros

Moderately user friendly. Basic reports are easy to generate.

Cons

Poorly documented. Vendor needs to develop implementation aids and better training materials. Too much time is wasted researching Knowledge Base articles, many of which don't directly answer the questions. Detailed documentation and guidance around the data structures, how they relate to each other, and guidance for initial setup and configuration would be a tremendous help. Reporting must be significantly...

Easy to use and manage

It's lightweight and relatively easy to scale, we've deployed it across many schools and colleges within our instance and people have been very happy with the product.

Pros

It's a lightweight easy to use and manage interface. The vendor continually release improvements and is responsive to suggestions and feedback.

Cons

Sometimes you will need to get creative in how you report or update your data, meaning you won't always be able to do what you want form the user interface, but if you leverage the APIs and external tools you'll be able to do what you want.

Very simple ticketing and asset app, but needs enhancements

Overall, been very happy with it. We have been able to get our ticketing and asset app up and running and get over 100 people using it in just under 1.5 years. I think if the cons can be addressed and this app be designed to scale better with a larger enterprise environment, this could be a perfect solution.

Pros

I like how simple it is to roll out and deploy. It's not hard to learn to be an administrator and is very intuitive.

Cons

There need to be features added, like the ability to have separate "queues" within a single ticketing app. Right now we have almost 20 departments all in one app and everyone can see each other's tickets. Sure everything is separated by the whole ticket type/service/responsible group mapping, but it would be nice to separate it further. Also, there are some inconsistencies, such as how in most of TDX Asset, the devices manufacturer is known as "Vendor," except for when you create a report, in which they refer to this field as "manufacturer." Same thing with Acquisition Date being Acquired in reports, and Location Room being Room in reports only.

Teamdynamix at FAU

Since the start we have had a great experience with TeamDynamix. From the beginning, they've listened to their customers and have enhanced the tool based on that feedback. They provide great support when needed. They promote collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst their customers and their annual conference is a great way to connect with other customers.

Pros

What I like most about Teamdynamix's solution is that all modules are included in one package and it's up to you what you want to use. Other companies often charge for each module separately. The TDX solution is easy to use and the implementation was very fast.

Cons

I would like to see Teamdynamix create a mobile app. The other thing I'm missing as an admin is the ability to customize the attributes when designing a form. For example, I would like to be able to put two attributes next to each other.