Yapp Reviews

Yapp

DIY mobile app development for events, conferences and more

5.0/5 (20 reviews)

Pros
  • It does what we need it to with out fail. The customer support is fantastic and what's really great is that they're honest.Carolyn S.Read the full review
  • Customer support is great. If the builder of the app does their part, you will end up with a fantastic product.Nicholaus S.Read the full review
  • The app was so easy to use and the ability to have a number of apps running at once was a great help.Tracey M.Read the full review
Cons
  • It is limited in what the app does but for a basic quick design this is what you should use.Ron C.Read the full review
  • The biggest problem this solves for me is having all of the event information in 1 place for 60 people.Mitch H.Read the full review
  • Entering the conference session data can be tedious, and there is really no way around this.Nicholaus S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Reshma Aziz Khan

AMAZING! Everyone gets so excited every time we use this tool!

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Better collaboration at all our events! Our teams are communicating better now too.

Pros
I have been using YAPP for over 2 years for our global conferences - to get people to engage, get excited, and as a way of reducing printed paper agendas and other print materials. I love the functionality, and how easy it is to upload and use - I have had to test out another event app and that was very difficult to use. I especially love that I can upload a simple CSV file with participant names and that comes up so easily. I really do enjoy working with the tool - and being able to upload files so easily!

Cons
The cost - sometimes I find it high. The only other thing I would say is the way apps are archived so you can't see some from the previous year.

Zach Bova

An Excellent Choice

Reviewed 2019-06-12

Pros
Easy to add information and customize to our needs. Easy to distribute to attendees. Cost is very competitive.

Cons
Some other conference apps seem to have more features (but also cost a fair amount more).

brian bernhardt

Really good functionality

Reviewed 2019-03-19

I have really been able to gear our demographic of customers by offering a real time app that helps connect them to us.

Pros
Did not need to knowncoding. Drag and drop is really easy. They have lots of usable templates.

Cons
Updating on mobile devices not as easy as with laptop for some pages.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Nicholaus Swan

YAPP will make rocket your conference from "awesome" to "stellar!"

Reviewed 2018-06-12

Great customer support! Customer support is great. If the builder of the app does their part, you will end up with a fantastic product. Your apps can feature -discussion boards -picture walls (perfect for Selfie stations) -Twitter feed monitoring -Conference/event scheduling -A place to house your documents and maps (awesome for conference portability) -A customization engine that cements the professionalism of your organization

Pros
YAPP features an easy and intuitive user interface for creating a professional-looking mobile app which has TONS of functionality. I have been using the service for years, and have built multiple conference apps with it, all for public education, curriculum, instruction and leadership. If you look around at conferences, just about everyone will have their faces buried in their phones, tablets or laptops. You might as well capture their "digital attention" with your content. I love the YAPP message boards, picture walls, Twitter feeds, and, as an event organizer, the ability to set up session information and schedules. If your users log into the system, they can also build customized itineraries of breakout sessions to attend as well as their locations, streamlining end-user access to your conference sessions. On the back end, the customer service with YAPP is amazing. they have always had my back if I need their help. Sure, the platform subscription is expensive up front, but that plan will service most organizations that don't have the resources to custom-sourced their own mobile app from the ground up. Further, you can build UNLIMITED apps with an unlimited user pool.

Cons
Entering the conference session data can be tedious, and there is really no way around this. However, if you use a spreadsheet to build your initial conference schedule layout, session description, location, and other pertinent data-- you can then use that spreadsheet to import your sessions with direct mapping. This saves you a big step when it comes to conference design, but it only works if you begin with the end product in mind and make that spreadsheet from the origins of the conference planning stages.

Debbie Halali

Highly Recommend YAPP for conference Management

Reviewed 2019-04-15

Very positive experience, convenient, allows good interaction with over 200 participants

Pros
We have used your application for the past three years with much success. Your application allows us to structure the work of our Conferences, which are attended by over 200 people from across the FSU. It allows us to interact with the participants through the schedule, sharing experiences and photos from the events. Thank you so much for such a high-quality and professional development, and convenient tool for our work

Cons
There is nothing at this point, except that perhaps we do not need the application for the entire year and we wish there was a cheaper per- conference option

Mitch Herman

Yapp is awesome!!!

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-09

The biggest problem this solves for me is having all of the event information in 1 place for 60 people. In the past I sent out an email with bullet points so it's very easy to follow and all of the information is in one place. The challenge is getting people to read their email and not call or email me with questions on where to go and what time etc. Yapp should solve this for me.

Pros
Very user friendly. Lots of features to create a very robust event app. Technical support is fantastic. Quick response and very helpful. I like that I'm given links to help topics and then asked if I need to chat with someone. I like the uploading feature from CSV file so I don't have to manually enter dozens of people individually.

Cons
So far the only feature I would like to see would be a survey option. I'd love to be able to create a multi question survey that would be part of the app so I could use the Yapp analytics to view results. I have been able to link to Survey Monkey and Google survey so I still have everything in one place.

Jennifer Kayano

Love, Love, Love, Love this app...

Reviewed 2018-01-05

Pros
This app is easy to use, intuitive, able to publish and make changes immediately without having to use a 3rd party/CS agent. I have used apps that are more expensive but have so many limitations on it that I always come back to Yapp. I can find work arounds for almost anything that i need. Additionally, my end users love using it - they love uploading photos and chatting with each other.

Marina Eva

Had a really good experience with the product. Used it for a 400 people conference.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-10-05

very cheap compared to competitors.

Pros
Ease of use. Hands down, it allowed non techies to actually create a mobile app. It's easier than drag and drop type of templates and the fact that it's all boxed in and within a certain templated frame makes it easy. There's no design / html or any knowledge to be had if you want to build an app. Some of our people are in the UK and they were still able to hear back from support fairly early their time. Support felt like it was humans doing it not just a ticket system.

Cons
Our windows phone employees had to access the app on a computer. We only had 2 people with Windows Phones.

Carla Meade

Professional and Very Helpful Staff

Reviewed 2017-10-05

Met our budget; Easy to use; Kept us up to date with the tech world.

Pros
I researched several apps before choosing YAPP. This would be our organization's first time using an app for our annual conference. It took me less than a few days to become familiar with the layout of the app. It was very helpful to see other samples of conference apps. Staff is quick to response and even response after 6PM.

Cons
For the price, there are none. I would like to see the banner ad function added. I would like to be able to have the option to use the preset features or create your own.

Tracey Murray

Brilliant app

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-11-12

Events were made so much more interactive after setting up a couple of weeks or months in advance to get people talking and excited. Everyone loved it and it was easy to set up and add content notifying people when we had.

Pros

Cons
Inviting people to use the app is not the easiest, some people struggled to download and get set up.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Carolyn Schwaar

A great app that just keep getting better

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-08-23

It took us a lot of trial and error to settle on a app (Yapp) that does what we need it to with out the baggage of bells and whistles that we don't need. We need an event app that helps our attendees plan their day, get notes from presenters, and see who's speaking and attending. That's all they want and Yapp delivers.

Pros
I've used a few other systems for my company conference but Yapp is our favorite by far. It does what we need it to with out fail. The customer support is fantastic and what's really great is that they're honest. If they don't have something, they'll say it. I asked about purchasing another app and they said, no you don't have to purchase another one, you can upgrade your current plan and save money. Best, though is our event attendees appreciated the ease of use of the app.

Cons
We haven't come across any problems yet.

Shala Buckner

Fabulous App and Amazing Customer Service

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-28

The customer service has been amazing. They are so quick to respond, always helps me figure out what I need and follows up to make sure we are satisfied.

Pros
So easy to use, design and implement. The staff loves to post pics and use the social feed, check the agenda and have everything they need to know on the app.

Cons
Would like to merge or duplicate the apps but I asked for that function and then they were just able to do it for me, great people!

Alma Castillo

Seriously, the best decision I've made!

Reviewed 2018-01-05

I have saved a lot of time and money! and I am very satisfied with this product.

Pros
Very easy to use, it has all the features I need for my app. Customer support is amazing! From the moment I started setting up my app, I had all that I needed handy and someone from Yapp offered to help all the time. I am extremely satisfied with this product!

Mark Oshman

Quick, easy to use... extremely helpful, and great price!

Reviewed 2018-07-18

Pros
We needed an app for an upcoming conference. Yapp provides an affordable resource that meets all of our needs as an organization.

Cons
Would love to be able to have people register for the event through the app. Also, would love the ability to schedule push notifications. Otherwise, no complaints!

Anonymous

Much appreciated help to maximize conference engagement...

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Pros
While the cost can seem high, the runoff impact of this program is higher. This program helps maximize conference engagement.

Cons
For occasional users, the subscription price may be too high. You have to really use the program to maximize it's benefit.

Ron Clark

Easy and Fun to Use

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-21

Pros
This was an easy app to use. We were able to quickly develop an app for our congregation and Yapp was perfect.

Cons
Not much to complain about. It is limited in what the app does but for a basic quick design this is what you should use.

Dorne Lovegrove

Great little event app

Reviewed 2016-10-28

Easy to use. Nice features. Does everything you would expect for delegates and is nice looking app. Recently added rating feature is very useful

Pros
Has all basic features

Cons
Branding options are generic and would benefit from being applied by page

Janie Wilcox

I was hesitant but SO GLAD I DID THIS!

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-01-19

Pros
Full disclosure! I am NOT a techy! I really can't believe how easy YAPP makes it for the novice to build your own application.

Cons
In my case, I am only using the app during a conference, 3 days out of the year. I wish the subscription was for 2 years, or the price was a bit lower for 1 year. THAT BEING SAID, it can eliminate your print costs for a fraction of the cost.

Jessica Bush

Satisfying App

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-03-19

Pros
This app is so easy to update from a staff standpoint and extremely easy to use and understand from a user standpoint! Plus their customer service is wonderful.

Emeka Opara

If you want a mobile app created quickly for a purpose, use Yapp!

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-12-15

Pros
I love this software because of it's exceptional service, quality of finished products and productivity.