Athennian Reviews

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and often I can figure out what I need to do without having to always reach out for help.

Emily H.

Jayne L.

Gordon C.

Cons

When we initially integrated the database was very West based and was missing a lot of functionality needed for the East.

Karen D.

I find Ownership tedious and cumbersome and I am still struggling with Tasks.

Jeannie H.

Janet S.

4.7

Great Customer Service

It's relatively quick in obtaining information/inputting and generating documents.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly, easy on the eyes, and intuitive. It doesn't take a lot of training and the team is quick to apply feedback.

Cons

E-filing is currently taking a bit of time.

Thanks for the nice review! Please reach out via support if you're having issues with e-file and we'll see if we can help out.

Easy to use, modern and powerful

Excellent. We were on Diligent Entities before which was very complicated to use. Athennian has an amazing conversion team. They helped us migrate all of our data and the training was very good.

Pros

- very easy to use - modern interface - excellent support (all support reps are corporate paralegals) - integrates with DocuSign and Google Drive

Cons

- I wish there was more customization on the permission levels and the interface

Athennian is an UPGRADE for entity management

The platform is easy to use and access information. We are looking forward to having just digital minute books in the future!

Pros

Integration was a breeze. Athennian took control and made sure all information was carried over from our prior software. Customer service is excellent and available which is crucial. Training is also very accessible and is another plus. The platform is user friendly.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time as I am still learning.

New user

Pros

Support is amazing and fast. Given the program with no training, very easy to figure out.

Cons

May be the screen I'm using, but transactions are hard to locate in the list

Centralized and virtually accessible source for minute books

Easy access to minute books and corporate summary information. Ability to set up annual compliance tasks to generate annual resolutions. Also, the ability to collaborate with other members of my team or other departments will be very useful as we continue to incorporate Athennian into our everyday work processes.

Pros

The user friendly interface makes for easy navigation and the ability to share a virtual minute book in a matter of minutes has been a lifesaver.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike, but the org chart function does not allow me to create a chart for a complete corporate network.

The Next Generation of Corporate Entity Software

Athennian is now our primary corporate entity management software, and over time we are implementing new and greater efficiencies to our workflow by taking advantage of its services. It takes some time to learn about its ins and outs, and to implement the necessary code, but there are so many options and elements that new possibilities become available that would not have been possible with our old systems.

Pros

Athennian is a fantastic platform for managing corporate entities in the cloud and on the go. The platform allows you to upload your firm's preferred precedents and forms of documents which can coded to work with the Athennian entity database. The result is that we could continue to use our favourite documents and forms of entity documents, while still taking advantage of Athennian's features and efficiency improvement.

Cons

There is a learning curve to Athennian's UI, and to its coding language. It takes time to learn and implement the coding language into precedents to get them to seamlessly work with Athennian, and longer to fully take advantage of all of its features.

User Friendly and Progressive Program

I have enjoyed working with this program immensely. I've provided very positive feedback internally to my manager and the Emerging Tech/Start-up lawyer team. It is a comprehensive program which is constantly enhancing its tools and the customer service can't be beat. I look forward to continuing to work with the Athennian team!

Pros

There are so many things I like about this program, but the one thing that really stands out is the user friendly interface. The information is easy to enter and easy to review. The program is fast and allows me to enter corporate information very quickly and efficiently. I would also like to note that Athennian provides the most the fantastic customer service. The team is super responsive and works with me one on one to tailor/format documents in our firm standard which expedites the preparation of documents.

Cons

There isn't really anything I don't like about this program. Any issues I've had have been in connection with formatting of our precedents, however, as previously mentioned the Athennian team has worked with me to quickly and efficiently make any changes I need.

New and Improved Corporate Database

It is fantastic that all of our offices are now on a national database and we can now share information. This provides efficiency and consistency in our work. The support from the Athennian team has been really great. Athennian has always been open to customization, suggestions, critiques, etc. and has handled things with professionalism and openness. Our conversions from Alf went quite smoothly.

Pros

Clean look Ease of use Document generation capability and speed Customization

Cons

Entity searching is not efficient Document generation is inconsistent Word online Some functionalities could work better such as current inability to alter price per share

Thanks for the positive review! We'll reach out to understand how we can improve search. If documents are not generating as you expect, please let us know and we can have a document specialist adjust the automation coding so they produce as you want them. Unfortunately the features in Word Online can only be changed by Microsoft, but you can always download the file to Word desktop to edit with more Word features.

Easy Implementation and Use

Overall, Athennian has allowed us to streamline our processes by using resolution templates that are automatically populated. Also the virtual minute book is an excellent function and very appropriate for our current context of people working remotely.

Pros

Athennian provides an excellent "out of the box" solution that is easy to implement and use. The learning curve to get my team up an running was very quick.

Cons

There were some missing register templates but once I mentioned it to Athennian, they fixed the issue right away. The customer services is excellent and very responsive to customer needs.

Very User Friendly and Fast

Pros

-User Friendly Interface -Fast Generation of Documents -Instant PDF Generator -Prompt Response From Support Team -Web Based Software Making it Easily Accessible

Cons

-Search function can be improved. -Online version of Microsoft Word does no reflect the correct formatting and makes it difficult to make changes to documents. However, by just clicking the download button one can review the document on the desktop version on MS Word.

Thanks for the positive review! We agree on better search. The team is looking at how we can make search more efficient. We also agree that Microsoft has lots of work to improve Word Online. It works for minor changes to docs, but if you need to make substantial changes to formatting the best way to do that is via Word desktop.

Great Product that saves time and money

The team at Athennian is responsive, technically astute and customer service oriented. Founder and CEO, has a well defined and impassioned vision for his productive which will disrupt and make more efficient the way legal entities are managed (and how in-house legal and external law firms operate)

Pros

Athennian is the best cloud based solution for legal entity management. The product display and design is visually appealing and easy to navigate and use. There is virtually unlimited functionality and many features that make Athennian the preferred solution to manage your legal entities. With its docusign capability, the ease to create documents, ability to interface with corporate registries and other features, Athennian makes it extremely cost and time effective to manage entities, especially as against traditional methods of legal entity management.

Cons

Not applicable. I have not had any negative experiences with the Athennian product.

Data at my fingertips

Athennian has been a great source, especially while working at home when physical minute books were not available. The customer service has been great as well.

Pros

Having management, ownership and scanned documents available is a huge timesaver. I am able to enter new entities and create e-minute books fairly easily.

Cons

I am still learning the basics of reporting and how to enter certain data.

Athennian for Large Company In-House Legal

It's optimal for our paperless approach to organizing our minute books

Pros

Cons

There is not yet an email feature or the ability to drag and drop Word documents.

Fairly new user

As I am a fairly new user - the support has been great with my questions

Pros

Ease of use and Athennian's response to suggestions on possible updates.

Cons

Integration with different document management systems would be helpful

Thanks for the positive review! We currently support an integration with Google Drive and are working on an iManage 10 integration for release in Fall 2020. Is there another document management system you want an integration for?

Athennian Review

Very positive. I am happy that we are using Athennian because it's faster and more efficient than ALF.

Pros

The quick access to chatting with anyone from Athennian when we need help and the design of the software. It's very easy to navigate and simple.

Cons

The fact that the searches do not save after you press backspace. It would make it easier if you are making an update on multiple entities so you don't have to search from beginning all over again.

Thank you for the nice review! I've passed your your idea to save search criteria onto our product team. It's a great idea, and I can see how it would make it easier when you're working on multiple entities at once.

Athennian Review

Pros

The product is very user friendly. Integration with our existing database was as expected from our prior testing and went very well. The functionality needed for the Eastern provinces is continually being added and updated.

Cons

Thanks for the positive review!

Athenian

Athennian has allowed us to centralize all of our entity data and provide seamless access to our different groups. It is working very well for your legal, tax and finance teams

Pros

Cons

Nothing the software met my needs and surpassed my expectations.

Excellent Product and Terrific Customer Support

Pros

Athennian is cloud-based, provides e-filing access to a number of government registries and increases user functionality through its easy to use custom document coding tool. Further, we have found the team at Athennian to be very knowledgeable and client-focused.

Cons

The Athennian team addressed any concerns/requested customizations effectively.

Review of Athennian

The people have been great. My numbers may change in 6 months. Still very new to this program.

Pros

I like the ease of uploading documents.

Cons

I find Ownership tedious and cumbersome and I am still struggling with Tasks

Athennian for the win

Trainers and customer service is top notch

Pros

Ease of use and importing capabilities are super

Cons

Term conversion/translation from Canada to US legal language

Exceptional company secretary software (very modern with amazing document assembly software)

We looked at all the major tools (BluePrint, GEMS, etc.) and found that they are very out of date and clunky and don't automate documents! Athennian's document automation is a show stopper for us. It is remarkable. You can write conditional logic and all types of mechanisms into the Word docs to automate them. Resolutions, consents, ledgers, certificates, etc. That + integrated eSign has given us ability to completely digitize our company secretary functions.

Pros

- Modern, cloud-based - Very very powerful document assembly - eSign - Word document editing in the software (Word Online) - Real-time user support via chat in the software

Cons

- The contrast in the interface could be increased. It has a white background and sometimes it can be hard to see the screen. I've told them about this and they are fixing it.