Adobe Spark Reviews

Pros

There are some fun things that it can facilitate and I definately love the templates. The interface is also nice and I love the fact that it is cloud based, that's real conveinient.

Romario M.

I like spark because there is just so much you can do. It has been an amazing tool helping us with designing some of our marketing materials.

Jeremy W.

I love how easy it is and how many awesome templates they have. I also love that my photoshop fonts sync with Spark.

Alanie S.

Cons

It's misleading, as the templates aren't as advertised. The material all starts to look the same as there aren't many customizing options.

Michael W.

Overall, I would say my experience has been very frustrating. I am a student so I was trying to create a newsletter with this software.

So it's annoying to have to go back to the first file to do that.

Joy S.

Adobe Spark Edu

Transcript

Sarah M.: Hi, I'm Sarah. I'm a K-12 instructional technologist, and I give Adobe Spark five out of five...

Do you struggle to create catchy images that fit your social media needs?

Transcript

Jason H.: Hi, my name is Jason. I'm the area director of community development at a local gym, and I...

Makes Branding a Breeze!

I love how Spark makes creating lots of quality content more manageable.

Pros

Excellent Template selection. I love the branding feature that makes customizing content a breeze! Within the iOS app, there are lots of options to allow you to shuffle through various formats till you find the right "feel" (in the app, select the text, go to "style" and play with the style wheel). The integration with Creative Cloud is also so helpful for achieving brand consistency.

Cons

I wish that you could make multiple posts within one file (similar to Artboards in Illustrator) rather than having to duplicate the file and edit it accordingly. It would be much more convenient for multiple image insta-posts, OR when you are making the same type of post across multiple platforms. Sometimes I won't realize I want to change a style until I am on the second format of that graphic (for...

A great educational resource!

I have been using Adobe Spark as a tool in my everyday classes, for example, like a student portfolio or digital scrapbook where I can check my student's posts and keep track of their creative activities. Personally, I use some of the templates as activities with my students and to share my art with engaiging posts. The free version is very useful, but I recommend purchasing the Adobe package, as it comes as part of it.

Pros

Adobe Spark allows me to create easily all kinds of projects, like web pages, flyers, slides, banners, videos, and much more. It's accessible from any device PC, Chromebook, and even your mobile phone. It already has a lot of beautiful premade designs and templates, The best part is that lets you share them directly on any social media with a predetermined size for better quality. With the free trial app, anyone can download it and use it for free.

Cons

It's not very detailed for video editing but is very easy to make short videos with pictures and subtitles.

Super easy! Design elements for the classroom!

Great tool for small businesses and for education. Very simple to use and there are tons of templates and tutorials, plus a huge image collection. In education, my students created several marketing materials and created a portfolio of their work, and for small business it will be great for social media, websites and blogs.

Pros

Adobe Spark has a range of functionality for design. From infographics to web pages, digital portfolios, slideshow videos and social media posts. All of these elements are fantastic for building assets for education and for student demonstration of knowledge.

Cons

When adding assets to a Spark webpage that are designed in Spark, you must first download the item as an image (infographics, social media posts, menus, posters, etc) before adding them to the Adobe Spark webpage. If it had a drag and drop function it would be very convenient.

Adobe Spark vs. Canva

I started using Adobe Spark as an alternative to Canva. But I found the whole experience not as user friendly as what I can create with Canva. My team ended up going back to using Canva for simple graphics.

Pros

As a Social Media Director I often need to create quick graphics myself rather than bog down a graphic designer with a simple task. I found Adobe Spark, and it's great for just that, simple graphics. You can choose from a large assortment of stock images because they are attached to Adobe Stock, as well as other free stock images on the web.

Cons

I felt it was too hard to make the graphic the exact way I wanted it too. You could change the font only by using a sliding scale, in order to make changes to the text you had to click on the word box and it opens in a new screen. Additionally, the variety and of "shapes" they offer is not as vast as Canva's selection.

Let's Spark

When I came across Adobe Spark I wasn't excited at all until I spent a couple of days testing in the web version then moved to the android version and it's a 10/10 experience.

Pros

The variety of resources and templates and all the options you can use to create a graphic, story, video and all kind of social resources to help your brand communicate their message it's amazing. Amazing how can you add your own brand, invite your team to collaborate together and create the most stunning graphics ever :)

Cons

Hard to say considering last updates on the software. A lot of the missing things were included. It would be cool to have the youtube upload/share option added as well. And, really appreciated if dark mode was added too.

Effective tool for quick graphic and video design that shines at paid tier

Adobe Spark provides everything that other free web design services provide, but the paid tier's branding tools and video options make it a better option for departments looking to invest in a simple design platform.

Pros

- Incorporation of motive and intended outcome into design elements - Brand tools included as part of paid tier, including custom color and font uploads

Cons

- Intrinsic tie to the Adobe Creative Cloud service at paid tier - Free tier requires advertising mark on videos

What Would I Do Without Adobe Spark!!

I love the entire Adobe Creative Cloud and use Spark the most. It's amazing and fun and really dresses up content and social posts.

Pros

I use this multiple times per week to zhush up eLearning & digital marketing for courses. It's easy to use...the templates are so helpful. Colors, backgrounds, images are always exactly what I need to make things POP!!

Cons

I love everything...I haven't encountered anything that's a "con"

Icing on my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription

It was easy to make the change of Canva to Adobe Spark. I have totally enjoyed using it.

Pros

I enjoy how quickly I can make social media graphics for my clients

Cons

I really wish it had more templates and stock elements. I find myself using other sources for inspirations and stock elements.

Just What I Needed for a Presentation

For a free program, this exceeded my expectations. I preferred to use this instead of Google Slides, because I was using so many pictures and wanted something that I wouldn’t have to spend too much time customizing. Will use again!

Pros

I like that it is free but also high-quality. I used this for a presentation with pictures and text. I was able to put many pictures and upload my own song. There were many ways to customize my presentation, as far as timing, style, and slide layouts.

Cons

There is not a way to loop a song or change the music mid-presentation. The program recommends only having a certain number of slides (15 maybe?), so that could be related - they don’t expect users to have a very long presentation. Also, I wanted to use a certain font shown that coordinated with the theme, but it would not use that font.

Simple, intuitive app to assist for creating engaging images!

Overall, Adobe Spark is a great app that allows for quick, easy creation of graphics for social media and other platforms that anyone can use to make something great, regardless of skill level.

Pros

Adobe Spark is so easy to use. The UI is fairly simplistic, and just about anyone could pick up the app and create something great in a matter of minutes.

Cons

The simplicity of the app is both a pro and a con for me. It's easy to make graphics quickly on the fly, but with that simplicity comes a lack of more robust features. Now, to create something more in-depth, I'd likely use a desktop application from Adobe such as Photoshop or Illustrator. But it would be great for Spark to have a few more features available.

Adobe Spark for the win! One of my favorite programs for quick Graphic Design projects!

I have been extremely impressed with this program since I discovered it. It has helped me to make my business more efficient and most definitely aid in getting my designs out much quicker than I had been prior to finding it. Although there are a few areas that can be improved upon, I am extremely happy that I found this software. It is definitely one of my top two choices for all of my graphic design needs. I would most definitely suggest this program to others that do similar work, and even to those that don't, because it makes designing any type of graphic an incredibly less stressful process.

Pros

Adobe Spark is one of my "go to" programs for all of my graphic design needs related to my freelance graphic design business "Detailed Design by Ash". It's icon library without a doubt has one of the largest available free icon options that I have seen in any program similar. You can search almost anything and find numerous icons related to your subject. This definitely comes in handy during projects...

Cons

Although the program is amazing there are a few features that I feel could be improved upon. Although their icon library is extensive, their font library is not. Up until recently purchasing a subscription, I used the free app version on my phone and sometimes could not complete projects, or only use some of their features for part of my design due to their very minimal selection of available fonts....

The Designer's App

I am a designer and I am against apps that create cookie cutter designs. For several reasons. Mainly because I don't like seeing the same graphics over and over (it makes the world a more boring place). Also because the same graphics, layouts and photos are not appropriate for just any product, service, event, or purpose. But most importantly because it cheapens the whole role of graphic design. Why...

Pros

This app allows you to create images for social media quickly and gives enough options without encouraging you to create bad design. Many apps allow different text alignment while Adobe Spark allows "magic" alignment (basically a more interesting justified alignment). If you use this app on iPhone, you can also create and edit video and create and publish (!) web pages (more like landing pages than anything, but you get it).

Cons

I went from using this app on iPhone to Android and, while it was just made available for Android and we are grateful for this, it definitely needs improvement from a usability standpoint. There is no Undo button and some functionalities are difficult (like the snap alignment feature, it is sometimes easier to just eyeball it). The good thing is this app is still in it's early stages in Android and there is a forum on Adobe where they take users suggestions to make improvements. I don't know why here is still undo button (that is a very common request in said forum), but ok.

Easiest Program for Creating Pinterest Images

Adobe Spark has enabled me to create pinnable images for my website that are in line with my brand image quickly . This has saved me valuable time. Especially when I need to create new relevant graphics when I update blog posts or as seasons and trends change.

Pros

This software is just so simple to use. Once you set up branding - your fonts, logos, brand colors, etc. It's so easy so create branded graphics; especially pinterest graphics with a photo and text overlay.

Cons

When I first began using this software I was unsure because it lacked some features that other programs I've used had. Such as being able to drag and drop shapes, frames etc. HOWEVER, after some time I was happy these features were gone . It simplified the graphic creating processing and saved me time. For graphics that needed more complex tools, I opened and edited the image in Adobe Photoshop but I only need those features maybe 5% of the time.

Adobe Spark is the best way to make high quality graphics for cheap!

Adobe Spark has been a great addition to our agency. All of us at our company are able to simply login to the program, quickly, in order to accomplish graphics in minutes if a client needs them. We use this program almost on a daily basis in order to create graphics for email campaigns, landing pages, social media ads, and so much more.

Pros

Adobe Spark allows me to easily create graphics for my clients on a daily basis. I can easily login on my desktop or my phone and access my recent projects or create a new one. The platform is extremely easy to use and straight forward. It also provides free images and graphics to use for businesses if we cannot find anything in stock imaging. Another nice feature is that it can help give examples of projects if you are lacking any inspiration!

Cons

Since Adobe Spark is so user friendly, you cannot accomplish extremely fine details that can be done in programs like Photoshop. But if you are using this software on a daily basis, this is not an issue at all. To get around this issue, you can always create a detailed graphic in an expensive program and then move it to Adobe Spark in order to accomplish more user friendly adaptations such as adding text or photo edits.

Light Your Life on Fire with Adobe Spark

Overall, I love Adobe Spark. I ended up researching ways to use it to conceive of educational materials to assist English Language Learners with their vocabulary development. The software has immense potential as an educational technology tool that students and teachers can use to demonstrate their learning or enhance their teaching.

Pros

This software has an excellent user interface that scaffolds the tools easily for ultimate content creation. Without having professional experience and needing high-tech tools, I can easily create web pages, multimedia videos, and graphics. As an aspiring teacher, I love that Adobe Spark is available for free to schools that also includes offering their premium features for free. Furthermore, the Adobe Spark suite allows me to create a variety of instructional materials, such as electronic newsletters, exit tickets, etc. I feel like I am already a professional designer without buying high-tech software to create relevant educational content.

Cons

What I like least about Adobe Spark is that there are watermarks that I must constantly turn off to make sure my designs are unique and original. Additionally, the branding features are for premium users, which is a downside for those who are on tight budgets.

Thevisionarycreation

My overall experience is a 10/10 because it's just wonderful.

Pros

Spark is one of those platforms for creators like myself because it brings spark in my designs. I love everything that I'm speechless to even say much...

Cons

There's not much criticism the only problem is that on the mobile app there could be some more developments because it's slow. I use both the PC and Mobile because I am always designing so the Mobile is being creative on the go. If it could be more fast then I'd be more happier.

Adobe Spark offers a simple, online design platform & templates

Adobe Spark helped us facilitate our design process for social media posts, allowing staff without experience with design tools to quickly & efficiently create decent looking graphics. While it can never compete with a fully fledged platform such as Photoshop, and could use to borrow some key features from it's competitors, it offers a basic design tool that can be useful.

Pros

Adobe Spark is a simple, easy-to-use design platform with simplistic features and excellent templates that make social media designs quick and less painful. Perhaps the best feature is the numerous templates - helping alleviate creative blocks and speed up the design process. Clearly made to compete with platforms like Canva, it offers very simple features that help speed up the design process, and makes it simple enough for people with no experience using higher-end design software such as photoshop. With their templates, they help people without experience create good looking graphics in a fraction of the time.

Cons

While Adobe Spark has a lot to offer, it cannot compete with a higher end product such as Photoshop, or even a similar competitor (such as the online Photopea) in terms of features. While they clearly made a choice to keep things simple, they avoided putting in useful features like the magic selection tool that would truly help make this a fully fledged design suite. As well, certain basic features (like selecting objects, moving objects, layers, etc) either don't work as expected, or are completely missing, making more complicated designs impossible.

Love this program

Overall spark is the easiest graphic software program that I have found to use. I prefer it Leaps and Bounds above canva. I use it for all my photos and videos for Facebook Instagram and Pinterest.

Pros

It's very easy to use and has many options for my needs. I love all of the templates that are available. It gives you many font options. And the animation feature in the mobile app is one of my favorites as well.

Cons

The inability to add animations in the desktop version versus the ability to do it in the mobile version. I am under the understanding that that is coming and I look forward to it.

Adobe Spark: Too simple for its own good

It is the rare occasion that an Adobe Spark user would need any instructions on how to use their product, which begs the question: Is it powerful and useful enough? My opinion? Almost. I can build single web pages in a flash, that look beautiful, as long as I like the way THEY lay it out. I have zero customization choices on Spark PAGES. Spark Graphics suffer from the OPPOSITE: they have a resizer function for free (which Canva.com forces an upgrade for.) but the resulting resized images are usually distorted. I don't enjoy their graphics builder GUI at all. Their webpage builder GUI rocks.

Pros

The Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, and simple enough that no instructions are really needed. The Spark suite is available on mobile as well as desktop, and video creation on the fly on mobile is simple, but once again, at the expense of customization. If you put a text graphic over video, you'd better be comfy with the graphic being on screen as long as THEY want it. You can't specify text durations over video.

Cons

Canva is the main competition, and their free tier does not place a watermark on finished designs. Adobe does, and this one thing makes for a deal breaker. The Adobe webpage builder is fast, and fun to use, but doesn't allow embedding html elements, severely restricting what the page can become. Pretty, but all pages will begin to look identical. The graphics creation tool is clunky, and unresponsive compared to Canva.

Does what it does, and nothing else...

When people ask me what Spark is, I usually tell them that "it's Canva, but turned up to 11". But to be honest, I think Canva is a little more flexible. I am probably just bitter because I have spent the last 10 years trying to hone my design ability, recreating what my role models created, and trying to create a visual-voice for myself, but Spark feels very limiting to me. I often feel like I can...

Pros

Quick. That's the keyword. If you are wanting to make something that looks professional, clean, and do it in less than an hour, then Adobe Spark is great. Hundreds of templates for you to pick from. Good font selection. Image library is great, but see the cons section... So so so easy to learn.

Cons

It's hard to express the specific struggles when using Spark, but I think most of them are me. I want Spark to act more like Canva, Illustrator or Photoshop. Spark is none of those. A typical work flow for me is 1) think about my audience 2) research other people's designs 3) create a prototype with my phone or photoshop, usually grabbing pics from unsplash 4) refine until it matches my visions. Spark is more about looking at their images and templates and selecting what will fit your needs. If you have a specific vision that you are trying to capture, I think you will run into the same problem. If you are open minded to using templates, Spark may be fore you.

Great for quick mock-ups and saving time on communications

Pros

Spark provides a variety of templates and style options. The design wizard tools produce balanced and attractive looks that are great for quick posters, flyers, and social media posts. You can also easily produce ebook covers. Spark recently made it possible for you to download PDF versions of your designs, which has been really helpful for my team, as sometimes we need to make quick adjustments...

Cons

*I haven't tried the web page builder so I cannot comment on this. *The main limitation of the editor is that you can't order objects easily; if your design requires that kind of manipulation. *Stock images that you find using the search may have limitations on use. The sources that they're using aren't bad (for example, unsplash images have basically no restrictions), but you do need to be careful about what you choose.

Tool that allows you to create awesome contents for web.

I have used Adobe Spark for a long time and I love the well-designed templates they have. The interface can probably be improved to make it easier for people to make designs. Although, using it and making designs is already easy - I hope they improve interface as I believe it is possible to Improve. I think Adobe Spark is a great tool for non-designers like me as it is easy to create designs on own that look awesome using templates created by some of the world's best designers.

Pros

I mostly use Adobe Spark as a social media content designing tool. Creating an Instagram post is as simple as browsing the internet. I can simply click on templates I want to use and then - edit them easily. Spark also gives you business tips and others while the template is loading so you don't get bored and learn something new. There are tons and tons of well-designed and carefully crafted templates...

Cons

I think the interface lacks a little - else there is nothing to dislike about Adobe Spark. I feel that Spark is based on features of Photoshop which are very simple that even a person without any past experience will be able to create a good looking design. I feel that the interface is a bit confusing for first-time users and can be improved.

Finally... a design tool for non-designers!

As a project manager/account director at my company, I like to keep things moving and complete tasks quickly & efficiently. Adobe Spark allows me to create sharp designs for emails as well as banner ads and leave the 'heavier' lifting to our designers. We couldn't live without this tool.

Pros

Adobe Spark puts the power of Adobe's famous design tools in the hands of non-designers and marketing managers to handle the quick and easy creative tasks for various channels.

Cons

Adobe Spark is a fantastic tool for non-designers and market/channel managers. My only complaint is that I wish there were newer templates to choose from.

Adobe Spark Review

Adobe Spark was a great tool overall and provided me with an array of content for all kinds of social media postings. I had been used to other platforms such as canva but their selection of content was not up to par with Spark.

Pros

Adobe Spark offered me good pre-made content that was easily changeable for my uses. It offered me a hub for video creation, social media content for posting, and a photo collage feature that looks phenomenal on LinkedIn for me to tell a story. Spark easily saves my content automatically so my work is never lost as well, and it's a good advantage they have over their competitors.

Cons

One thing I found to be dissatisfying about the Spark experience was when I was adding music to my videos. It didn't allow me to properly adjust the volume of the music if I had imported my own music. This in turn, did not allow audio to be heard from properly from other media that was imported to the video.

Quick and easy program for making professional social media posts

Spark massively streamlined the process of creating engaging social media posts for me. I try to post every other day for my company, but have a heap of other responsibilities every day, so having the ability to sit down for five minutes and create a professional looking post that quickly is AMAZING for me. I also like that it stores all the posts I've created and I can easily skim through and see what was created when. I find it worth it to do the paid version...Which is very rare for me!

Pros

Adobe Spark is generally very easy to use, is cloud based so you can edit and create from any location, and has an excellent assortment of fonts, colors, borders, and more! The highly customizable nature of the design features are self explanatory and there are enough options that no matter how often you post, there is still plenty of variety. They offer a business template option with the paid version where it will automatically apply your font and colors to your posts. It also adds a small logo in the bottom corner of the photo.

Cons

Photos themselves cannot be edited from within the program. There are six basic filters that can be applied, but those are the only editing options. It is occasionally a bit buggy. 1 out of 10 projects require exiting and re-entering the site. It does auto save however, so that is nice.