ReferralCandy

get more sales through word of mouth referrals

ReferralCandy Reviews

Pros

He's right on any issues I have with my backend support needs and has been very helpful to me in upping our referral game. Thanks for some outstanding service, team.

Andrée W.

The customer account portal allows users to manage their referrals and see their rewards, which is nice. RC's customer service is always responsive and honest.

Maxine W.

Great product, does the job well! and amazing support. We are excited to launch our site and to see if our referral program would bring in revenue.

Winny B.

Cons

That it is not integrated with ECWID. I had a problem with the system to recognize INVOICES that were coming in.

Internally testing the functionality of a new referral program is a pain.

Mirna P.

It was confusing if it would work without my clients needing to use a payment.

Elizabeth V.

Moderate Settings Flexibility, great support!

Transcript

Joe C.: Hi, my name is Joe. I'm a Sales Operations Manager in the healthcare industry, and I would give...

Referral Candy Is Great!

All of our customers have the potential to become brand advocates and earn nice commissions in the process. Big fan of that.

Pros

It's pretty easy to set up, and customers automatically become affiliates/partners once it is set up, so that's great.

Cons

There was an issue with the set up because of the way our cart worked, but Referral Candy helped us get it resolved. I also initially had some challenges finding everything in the admin login, but once I got to the right place once, it was easy to find what I was looking for again.

Best Support!

The Support with the guys is incredible, today I was attended by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she was very kindly! Even she call me to another side of world to explain some things

Pros

The most important feature is you can setting up all text. I´m understanding a checking the software yet.

Cons

Where are the dashboard for each advocate can see it own tracking of rewards, use of personal links, goals accomplish and statistics ?

Best Solution We've Found

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure to work with, and the service is fantastic!

Pros

Effortless setup, "set it and forget it" maintenance, customizable presentation

Cons

We don't really have any cons to report at this time.

They promise exactly what we need. I hope they deliver.

Pros

The base concept of their offerings is just great. We wanted a simple and automated way customers or others could refer and get rewarded. They seem to be exactly what we are looking for. I am still in the trail and yet to see if work on a large scale, but if they deliver what they promise it will transform our companies growth. I love it's integration with Chargebee (as long as it works). So far the customer support team has been very responsive and that matters a lot to me. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] specifically have been helpful.

Cons

I found the dashboard UI not intuitive and there were glitches once our Chargebee account and Referral Candy were linked saying they weren't linked, but then one day they it solved itself. Unnerving, but hopefully all figured out.

Great Customer Service

We are still on the free trial but the solution is looking very promising.

Pros

The chat support is great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from the ReferralCandy team was able to help us very quickly.

Cons

It would be great to be able to create multiple campaigns in different currencies (for referrer cash payments). Also, it would be great if there would be additional payout options in addition to PayPal.

Customer Support is Great

Pros

Being completely new to this type of software and having some difficulty setting it up, I was relieved to be able to have a virtual meeting with a real live person to hash out any roadblocks. Customer support was great!

Cons

I wish there was a direct integration with Moonclerk so that a coupon could be automatically applied to a checkout form via the ReferralCandy link. Additionally, it is disappointing that the advocates cannot have a credit automatically applied to their Moonclerk account, and that we have to manually send their rewards. Overall it provides less automation that I expected, and leaves a lot to be desired.

Easy to use, affordable & great support

Pros

I was able to set up my referral campaign within 24 hours! Their ready made templates, intuitive software, easy to understand help documents and quick live support made installing and going live a seamless experience!

Cons

No integration with Zapier & no LinkedIn social sharing option

Excellent Customer Service.

The customer service to help set up was exceptional. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was helpful and followed up to ensure that we achieved what we needed to.

Pros

The software itself is fairly easy to use and set up

Cons

Changing the pronoun of the reward is quite manual, and you need to edit the text on all content.

Great support team

I had an issue with integrating my rewards program with an e-commerce platform ECWID. But [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me through chat to solve it. What I thought (and probably the recommended timeline) to settle it would take up to 48 hours, he managed to help me solve it within 6 hours. He did great!

Pros

Easy to set up. The flow to set things up was easy but thorough.

Great for Start Ups

Pros

ReferralCandy was great for our start up company because it was fairly "set it and forget it" in terms of ease of use. We were able to set up the referral link and any time someone purchased using the referral link we had an automated system set up to reward the referrer. It was a great way to promote brand interest among past customers who wanted to share our product and be rewarded!

Cons

The only con for our company was the scarcity with which ReferralCandy was utilized. I'm not sure if it had to do with lack of our company's promoting the opportunity or having to go through a third party, but we always saw more participation in using coupon codes than we did in using referral codes.

Functional and Gracefully Simple

We needed a simple referral system we could activate to increase our acquisition. Most platforms on the market have affiliate marketing capabilities that we didn't need and their pricing scaled along with that. ReferralCandy offered a simple referral system that matched our requirements in an easy to manage package with a lot of thoughtful features that could get anyone's referral program up and running quickly.

Pros

The software is functionally operational from day 1. It has the core features of a referral program and common access points for integration. Their system is open enough to allow for additional tinkering to adapt it to your system but it you can hit the ground running.

Cons

The ways of accessing information on users enrolled to the referral programs and analytics needs more granular control. Its virtually impossible to manage and migrate large amounts of data in an efficient manner. As such, it may be difficult to use the product to scale but their customer support and development team maintained comms with us so we were able to eventually solve the issues but there were many compromises.

Using ReferralCandy as an affiliate program

In my business model, I am trying to create a win-win situation with my wholesale clients. They get a continual reward for referring their clients to my retail site. While I'm just in the early stages of trying out the program, so far the setup has been easy. We're keeping our fingers crossed for success.

Pros

I'm just in the free trial of this software, but so far it's been an easy set up. I'm a small business owner. I'm not a developer, but have some basic HTML skills. The site is reasonably easy for someone like me to set up as an affiliate. As a pure referral program, it would be no problem. The integration with MailChimp was simple and easy too. My support person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was *extremely* helpful in clarifying things for me.

Cons

There could be better explanation on how to use the site for affiliate purposes. Also, giving the admin the ability to batch remove customers would be preferred. They can be removed individually, but for a large number it's tedious. A simple thing, it would be nice if the chat box was a separate pop-up that can be viewed when navigating elsewhere on the site. There are some 404 issues with the site, like on the Help & Support link.

Best referral app for businesses!

Overall it's a great tool that helps increase conversions

Pros

This is the best tool yet to increase customer purchases. I love how it integrates with my website and the fact you can customize it.

Cons

Just minor glitches with referral codes not appearing but customer support was able to resolve the issue.

Great Addition To Our Site

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a wonderful support to us over the years.

Pros

We have used Referral Candy for a number of years. It is easy to install and has been a great eCommerce offering to have available.

Cons

There wasn't really anything! We are no longer using this as we have a loyalty program.

helpful and easy so far

quick and responsive chat, unlike Refersion which has had long lag times before replies.

Pros

For [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]: "You've been great and very helpful. I actually currently have an active trial going with Refersion, but it's been terribly frustrating, very unclear and complicated on the setup so that's why I jumped to Referralcandy. Still in the initial stages of setup and yet to be determined, but it's looking good for Referralcandy so far..."

Cons

it's still a bit complicated to set up, but simpler than refersion so far and the help chat people are very quick and responsive.

Supportive Customer Support

Pleasure. Love the product and the customer support

Pros

Product is easy and straightforward to integrate with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very helpful in getting my problem fixed and was extremely patient in guiding me and in ensuring the product works perfectly. She even went out of her way to placing the test order herself. She was also very friendly to chat with. ReferralCandy is lucky to have a team member like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Will definitely be using this software for some time if everything goes well.

Cons

The method used to edit the design and html of the user interface ie emails is not too friendly. Require some basic HTML and CSS skills and took me a few days to get it done.

Great product

Pros

Easy to use and implement and commission based so incentives are aligned and great support

Cons

Could use a few more features, hasn't changed much over the years but the core functionality remains good and on par with competition

Flexible, easy to setup, great support

Pros

Setup was painless, it's quite flexible in how you implement the referral system and support has been sublime. Rep was great in helping setup the program and was very responsive the whole way through. The free trial is generous and has no restrictions, so you could test all you want before deciding to pay.

Cons

While setup was easy, it did take a while to verify before we could implement.

very easy to use, our customers love it

great, customer service is top notch and solves anything that ever comes up which is usually never

Pros

ease of use, great customer service, affordable for a small business

Cons

nothing really, didn't dislike anything

TOP - On of the best.

Pros

VERY customer oriented Easy to set-up Professional and efficient

Cons

Sometimes companies who use it are not good at it.. bur fortunately the customer service is always efficient and fast!

Amazing onboarding customer service

Pros

I have been using this product for less than a month so I can't really comment on how great the product is yet - however I can comment that the onboard process is thorough. I've had a couple of issues setting up due to the complexity of my website, but two different support staff have worked with me to get everything working the way I need it.

Cons

The pricing of this product is quite expensive compared to other referral programs, but I had to choose it due to its integrations with other apps I use. It will remain to be seen as to whether it pays for itself but I'm hoping it will make it easy for customers to refer their friends.

Excellent Support & Flexible Applications to Boost Growth

Outstanding - we use a large number of applications but they have hands down the most amazing team when it comes to stepping in and really solving problems, even going so far as to proactively adjust our usage of the platform to make sure we're getting the most out of it ^_^

Pros

By far the BEST thing about Referral Candy is how flexible the team is when it comes to how you want to use it. With programmes that allow us to flexibly manage high volume referrals while also offering something straightforward and simple for customers to get behind, we have been able to really drive home our messaging and get our community excited about spreading the word.

Cons

We have a bad habit of wanting applications (and teams!) we like to do more than they ever meant to - but an increased level of flexibility when it comes to offering incentives to advocates and their friends would be our top ask :)

Overall review

Pros

This product is very easy to use, and integrate.

Cons

It charges commission except the cash rewards, which costs much more than other similar software.

Avoid

Pros

The concept of Referral Candy is good, however their solution is problematic.

Cons

Firstly it took ages to set up - integration was not straight forward, customer service took ages to help - lots of misunderstanding and back and forth. Then we started getting fraudulent commissions occurring - customer service originally said these were fine. We finally blocked the multiple fraudulent commissions which were 'unexplainable'. Finally just when you think things are okay, our account...

ReferralCandy experience

It's been a good experience so far, though we have not had much luck thus far getting referrals, but that is more on us and our customers, not the software. Their customer support has been very responsive by email, Representative has been especially helpful.

Pros

I like the pricing structure of a low monthly fee compared to other products coupled with a modest pay-for-performance fee. Product was very easy to setup, we were able to easily setup the Javascript on our check-out page.

Cons

For the emails that go out I'd like to be able to reference some more dynamic fields we can build into the email message such as the referrer's referral link.