Envoke Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.43/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I also really like the AB testing functionality (very easy to use and very effective), the welcome autoresponders or how easy it is to resend to contacts who did not open. Highly recommend this tool.
Amazing customer support and great features with affordable and flexible pricing and it's Canadian.
Some basic features are still missing / a bit awkward (e.g. different colored text within a paragraph isn't possible yet). Making a template is easy; using it is still a bit awkward.
The only downside in my experience is the absence of A/B testing.
I find navigating the image library a little confusing.

Envoke users...

Mad Mimi-logocaret

Mad Mimi

Mailjet-logocaret

Mailjet

How would you rate Envoke?

User friendly with helpful reports

Very good. Easy to use.

Pros

It was very easy to set up our monthly newsletters using our institution templates which allowed me to focus on content.

Cons

I found some of the admin pages to be difficult to navigate - unorganized layouts with too many options.

Hi Joyce and thanks for taking the time to write a review. We've reached out to you by email to check about the settings page where you indicated some cleanup would be useful. It's probably a matter of advanced settings showing up for all users and that can be overwhelming. I hope we can connect soon to discuss details! edit: After a follow email with the client we discovered that an update to the interface resolved their concern about the cluttered settings page.

Nice platform for email marketing. Fantastic customer support - always prompt and helpful.

Pros

I like the ease of use. The template makes consistency easy to achieve and simplifies the process.

Cons

I dislike finding photos stored in the photo library as they appear in one long list. I would like to be able to move them into subfolders.

Positive review

I like using it, very user friendly

Pros

Easy to use, won't see any cluttered information

Cons

Can't search specifics, it would be better if I could search my leads by their email

Thanks for your feedback - there is in fact a search by email option for your leads! Clearly, we need to do a better job at making this easy to find in the interface:S We have sent an email with a screenshot to show you how to access the search by email option.

Great partnership and service for 15 years

Constant communication with different groups prospective students, staff and registered students.

Pros

Easy of use, constant development and improvements, instant support.

Cons

Not connected directly to our databases and rest of the CRM.

Great option at very good price

It opened up a way to mass and target communicate with our members that we hadn't been able to do before, except in a very manual way. And the fact that it was a Canadian company, and all CASL compliant sold it for us. The folks at Envoke have been great to work with, and very responsive to inquiries.

Pros

I think the ability to not only segment your email lists, but also solid templates that you can use and modify, or build new ones from scratch.

Cons

Integration hasn't really been a problem, but its tricky having images or text transfer within an email inside a template that will scale easily between desktop and mobile. Until you're more familiar with what it can and can't do, it takes some adjustment.

Thanks for the nice review, Kelly. As for the email editor, a major update is scheduled for release in a month. We're interested in your feedback once you've had a chance to try it out.

Customer Service

It's been excellent. Several other programs on campus also use it now because of our experience. The functionality is perfect for what we need it to do. And again, can't say enough about the support staff.

Pros

The support we receive from customer service is stellar.

Cons

I only personally use it every 4 times a year and I don't find it to be overly intuitive - particularly when I'm creating distribution lists 'interests' - the naming convention is odd to me and because I use it so infrequently I find it quite foreign every time I use it. Operator issue though - I'm sure if I used it more often it would be much easier.

Envoke works well for our newsletters, easy to use. Quick response time from customer support.

Pros

Ease of use. Templates are easily updated, much improved from years ago. Customer service and info sessions are much appreciated.

Cons

Sometimes send times vary too much from a few minutes to a few hours (when the server is down or too busy I'm guessing). Our newsletters are sometimes time sensitive therefore "sent" time is important.

Sending speed has greatly improved in the past year or so as we implemented more sophisticated round-robin sending algorithms to ensure timely email delivery even during peak sending times.

Being new to electronic messaging and starting with Envoke was a great choice.

We were able to broadcast an email to thousands of our customers in less than 15 minutes.

Pros

Once you get the feel for it, working with it becomes a joy versus a task. We can send out anything we wish in less time than we ever imagined.

Cons

There really are no cons other than the speed of uploading a picture could be a bit quicker. There were much fewer features when we first started but that has changed drastically in the past year as it is now so much more than an avenue to broadcast an email message.

Worked with Envoke for a number of years now and I've found the UI very easy to work with.

Pros

The advanced stats for clicks, opens, tracked URLs, failures, etc. The speed at which support tickets are resolved.

Cons

Hard to say, I've always found it easy to use and have never had a bad experience with the software/application.

Thanks Gary, We've always been proud of the advanced stats, allowing drill down to individual contact records ¿ including errors ¿ but the truth is the interface has become a little old. So, we have a serious upgrade to the stats interface on the way! I expect to see it in the next few weeks. I'd love to hear your feedback in the support system

Would Absolutely Recommend

We benefit from being able to set up email campaigns with ease and manage users and lists without issues.

Pros

I enjoyed how easy it was to use. It makes email marketing a breeze with being able to change graphics, upload lists and manage unsubscribes so easily.

Cons

I really enjoy using the software and there's not much I don't like about it. Everything was wasy to use and we have excellent open rates using envoke compared to our CRMs.

I have been continually impressed by Envoke.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic, very responsive and helpful. The software runs quickly and is intuitive to use.

Cons

Uploading lists took me a little bit to figure out as there's more steps involved than previous applications I've used.

Thanks Julie, We're very appreciative of your kind words on our customer support and ease of use. We take our import functionality seriously as we want to keep our customer databases clean and CASL compliant. To do that we need to ask quite a few questions in the import process. That said, we are working hard to make it more user friendly and appreciate any specific feedback. For example, we're about to release a function that allows importing of multiple values in a single column. This saves a lot of time for anyone who needs to import many possible answers to a single question. Let us know if you have anything specific you'd like us to address!

Customer service is exceptional. End product is always great. Great value for money

Pros

Standardization of messaging to external groups. Support staff. Training. Layout is great and generally customizable the way we need it to appear.

Cons

Sometimes I struggle with the way the site is laid out and the naming convention of the functions don't necessarily align with standard naming conventions. One day when I have time I would like to sit with support on the phone and go through these issues - I know they would be receptive.

Simple and easy to use

Pros

I love how easy and straightforward it is to work with Envoke. It's user friendly and simple.

Cons

The formatting can sometimes be a bit glitchy, but it's minor and rare.

Envoke provides everything we need to launch and measure successful email campaigns

None

Pros

Envoke makes creating and sending newsletters easy and simple. Managing contacts is a breeze and pulling out analytics is very straightforward.

Cons

There is not a lot to dislike. Sometimes when I am in the middle of a newsletter, I need to change the layout which involves cutting/pasting and resetting hyperlinks that don't transfer and this is a bit of a drag.

User friendly, easy to integrate, great customer service. What more could you need?

It was an easy transition from mail chimp. The data is housed in Canada so we are above board with the technological regulations. The templates were easy to set up, and they actually look better then they did before. The content is much more organized with the ability to set up different subaccounts. The importing of contacts was quick and easy and I didn't have to worry about losing any valuable contacts through the transition. Great customer service whenever we had any issues. Top notch.

Pros

The platform made it easy to keep all of our different email campaigns organized. We have multiple groups in our organization that send email campaigns and it's nice to be able to have different subaccounts to keep all the different content separate and organized. There's many customizable features with the messages so all of our email campaigns look really appealing and sleek.

Cons

The only issue I've come across with envoke was not being able to have mutiple users in the same message editing it. If one person exits the message you might lose the work done by another.

Pros

They are constantly expanding the features and functionality of the program. They are extremely responsive to customer input and requests. The program itself is relatively easy to use (getting easier all the time) and if there are new features there is great documentation and support with them. Customers can even get one-on-one phone tutorials if they are stuck with a feature. The pricing scheme is great: buy as many credits as you need for your company, and they don't expire.

Economic Development Newsletter

Pros

After researching various newsletter software, Envoke seemed to check all the boxes of its competitors and we felt provided a better overall value. A bonus was that it's a Canadian owned company which put a high emphasis on following Canada's CASL legislation.

Cons

So far we have not had any negative issues with the software and any minor issue has been cleared up quickly with prompt customer service.

Love the product -- and service is top-notch

I would highly recommend Envoke. Great product and the support is exceptionally responsive.

Pros

We use the email portion, which is easy to learn and use. The WYSIWYG editor is intuitive, but you also have full creative control if have access to Dreamweaver.

Cons

The only downside in my experience is the absence of A/B testing.

I've used Envoke since 2013. I really like it; yet, I don't even use all the features available!

Pros

Their customer service/support centre is very fast, efficient, and responsive. It is very reassuring to know that if you have a problem, it is going to be addressed and fixed quickly.

Cons

It would be nice if exported files (in Excel) kept French accents and special characters formatting, automatically. One still needs to go through some extra steps in Excel in order for the accents and special characters to show correctly.

Thanks for your kind words Stéphanie, We have a new version of the export/import functionality coming out in the next week or so. I'll check and see if this addresses your issue with French characters. If not, I'll make sure development is aware of the problems you mentioned so we can solve this issue for you.

New experience with Envoke

I finally resorted to expressing my problems in the live chat, and within half an hour I was on a zoom call with Zoltan. He said 5 minutes but spent half an hour with me, and we screen shared and got to the bottom of why things weren't working. There was a real problem with the "list" feature on Envoke, but the great thing was that I left the meeting not thinking I was just doing it wrong, and understanding how to get the results I needed. I hope Envoke fixes its problems, but now that I know how to do what I need to do, I'm very happy using it.

Pros

I found the building of the actual email newsletter very user friendly and instinctive. It was similiar to a MS Word interface, so it was easy to enlarge or underline text, change font or colour.

Cons

I had a lot of trouble importing contacts and assigning them to tags. I selected a "list" option on the left bar and it prevented me from creating new tags. This cost me several hours of wasted time.

Hi Kent and thank you for your review. The issues uncovered during our call are now with development to fix and we expect this will be done within the next two weeks.

Basic software that does the trick

Pros

Meets Canadian IT security and compliance standards; data stored in Canada

Cons

Limited analytics and poor dashboard UI.

Envoke - Great Software for Email Communications

Fantastic experience using Envoke. Easy to navigate, understand and adapt to. Really great customer service.

Pros

Envoke is easy to use, easy to navigate and is well supported by customer service representatives. Also has fantastic statistics on sent emails which help to analyze how well communications are or are not working for you. Really amazing software and I'd highly recommend it.

Cons

The only item I sometimes find frustrating is that the interface won't let you make too many formatting or layout changes. That is honestly the only item that can sometimes be frustrating to work with.

Great product for newsletters

I've been using Envoke for a long time and every time I have a question, their support team is always there to help. The waiting time is usually less then specified in chat and they even can provide a video instruction customized for your needs. I have all the tools I need to create nice templates for my newsletters and analyze the statistics of clicks afterwards.

Pros

- Intuitive interface; - Great support; - Nice statistics; - Wide variety of available tools.

Cons

Updates too frequent and require adaptation each time

Thank you for your nice review! We understand that there are many updates and changes need getting used to. The updates happen to improve functionality so overall we believe many updates in the right direction are helpful. If you need help adapting to a new feature you can always ask us via chat or book a video call. Have a great day!

Envoke at a Glance

Pros

The software and platform is easy to use and understand.

Cons

We have not had any cons or negative experiences

Easey Envoke

Envoke assist with target marketing, where individual lists can be tagged and STATS represents the impact thereof. It assists on various levels, a macro and micro level, in that one can track the targeted lists overall performance and individual leads, i.e. the detail. Envoke STATS enables us to improve our email campaign contents, design and distribution.

Pros

Envoke is user friendly, and within minutes eye catching and professional email campaigns can be created. Metrics / Stats are immediately available, and comprehensive that enables to determine impact and where to improve. Specific actions / clicks can be checked, and it also shows emails that should be reviewed. Support staff is knowledgeable and explains in a way that is easy to understand and implement. Highly recommend Envoke !

Cons

No problems or issues have been experienced to date.