Envoke Reviews

Pros

I also really like the AB testing functionality (very easy to use and very effective), the welcome autoresponders or how easy it is to resend to contacts who did not open. Highly recommend this tool.

Amazing customer support and great features with affordable and flexible pricing and it's Canadian.

Sabine C.

Kelly C.

Cons

Some basic features are still missing / a bit awkward (e.g. different colored text within a paragraph isn't possible yet). Making a template is easy; using it is still a bit awkward.

Sabine C.

The only downside in my experience is the absence of A/B testing.

Louise M.

I find navigating the image library a little confusing.

Megan B.

4.7

Great Tool!

Pros

Envoke functionality is great and fully meets our needs. I really appreciate the FANTASTIC customer support, the online documentation and the embedded helper information. This makes it very easy to create lists and filters, upload contacts, build templates and emails and schedule campaigns. We reduced production time significantly- it only takes a couple minutes to setup an email campaign! I also really like the AB testing functionality (very easy to use and very effective), the welcome autoresponders or how easy it is to resend to contacts who did not open. Highly recommend this tool!

Cons

New features are added all the time. This is much appreciated!

The Ultimate Canadian Answer for Newsletters and Contact Management

What works for one subscriber may not be for others. Customization is the key to handle different groups and Envoke makes it easy to cater to your target markets by creating collateral and content their users will find informational, interesting or newsworthy.

Pros

More usable features than one can imagine. Everything is thought of and easily available. Don't like something or need a change or update the management team is very nimble and keen to help you and advance the system for all users.

Cons

It took a while to fully understand and utilize this elaborate system. And for a small business not fully ready to roll out there should be no charge up until you use it. It may cost some considerable expense to keep systems live for potential customers. But when they are ready to use it on a small or large scale it becomes highly addictive. Anyone who tests or tries it should be encouraged to use it more often rather than shut them down. Even a sample database of 100 subscribers could grow to thousands rather than risk hard earned users to opt-out and eventually go to the competition.

Stellar customer support, okay product

Pros

We chose Envoke because it's a Canadian company that was willing to engage with our procurement process, and could provide us with a customized service that allows us to connect mailing lists with segments of our internal contact databases. Their customer support is really stellar and they invest a lot in making sure that we know how to best use the tool.

Cons

The UI for creating and managing messages needs a refresh, and is based on a model where new messages are created from a template filled with dummy content that you swap out (rather than a UI based on providing a canvas and a drag-and-drop library of elements that fit with our design). Some of our users who've worked with Mailchimp and other services find this awkward. We work on an agency-type model,...

Thank you for your comments. We have now included an option to view email activity per account in custom date ranges, which is helpful for agency-type accounts like yours. Displaying the current account name on all pages is now in development as per your feedback and we have also added your user management related thoughts to our "wishlist" which is reviewed by product management to help shape upcoming releases. Please don't hesitate to add additional comments any time.

Envoke is great for healthcare!

Pros

- Securely stored in Canada - Great functionality and easily customizable for different audiences - Excellent training resources - Exceptional customer service and technical support

Cons

- Takes a little while to get used to compared with other similar software, but once you do it's easy to use

Great Email marketing software

We create news letters and marketing campaigns to hundred of customers in no time.

Pros

Easy to establish graphic communication with your customers.

Cons

Honestly, I do not find anything missing or that I do not like.

Great option at very good price

It opened up a way to mass and target communicate with our members that we hadn't been able to do before, except in a very manual way. And the fact that it was a Canadian company, and all CASL compliant sold it for us. The folks at Envoke have been great to work with, and very responsive to inquiries.

Pros

I think the ability to not only segment your email lists, but also solid templates that you can use and modify, or build new ones from scratch.

Cons

Integration hasn't really been a problem, but its tricky having images or text transfer within an email inside a template that will scale easily between desktop and mobile. Until you're more familiar with what it can and can't do, it takes some adjustment.

Thanks for the nice review, Kelly. As for the email editor, a major update is scheduled for release in a month. We're interested in your feedback once you've had a chance to try it out.

Envoke has helped us generate more high-quality leads and process them more efficiently.

Pros

With a business relationship of more than 12 years, Envoke has played an important role in the growth of our company during this period. Beginning with their Email Marketing solutions, which we continue to use today, we gradually incorporated more and more Envoke services and software into our overall marketing strategies. This included their Lead Management and Tracking Software, Marketing Automation...

Cons

Our closed-loop reporting project which allows us to achieve a better alignment between sales and marketing not only took considerably more time to develop, but it was also much more complicated, especially when attempting to connect our marketing analytics software with our back-end reservation system. It's important for us in marketing to understand what our best and worst lead sources are, so that...

The Ultimate Email Software

Easy to use. Great open rates. Great click-through rates. Highly recommend.

Pros

The builder is both easy and intuitive to use. An important combination for email marketers who are on the platform daily.

Cons

I find that there is a lag when creating custom HTML emails - have not tested this out since the new update.

Update to my previous review - good stuff

They have been very good. I DID have an issue with being locked out (and no it didn't take 1 hour to solve) I was locked out for a while. I think it was a whole day (during a long weekend I seem to remember) but anyway, since then, they have been stellar. 5 stars.

Pros

Many things i have said before. The ONLY one that plays to critical CASL laws and regulations and does so intelligently. So many manual features, you need to really study the site and tips to get it all down. Many options.

Cons

Design function could be improved but since we all do our own jpegs and load them as optimized images, it doesn't matter much generally. I would like to see a crossout text option for things like posting an OLD price of a product that needs to be crossed out. Above that, I still like the product for what it is and I will continue to use it.

Would Absolutely Recommend

We benefit from being able to set up email campaigns with ease and manage users and lists without issues.

Pros

I enjoyed how easy it was to use. It makes email marketing a breeze with being able to change graphics, upload lists and manage unsubscribes so easily.

Cons

I really enjoy using the software and there's not much I don't like about it. Everything was wasy to use and we have excellent open rates using envoke compared to our CRMs.

I'm a big fan of the marketing data warehouse!

Pros

A key component of Envoke is the data management functionality. Envoke has a data warehouse which holds all the interactions with our customers. I love that it is able to track visits from anonymous users even before they fill out a form, and once they do, it connects all their previous data together in a contact profile so we can tell which marketing programs are really working. The single Envoke...

Cons

Some of the stand-alone email marketing systems I've used in the past were a little easier to use and had more flexibility of design out-of-the-box in their email editor, but there's still nothing I can't do. That's an expected trade-off when you using an integrated suite instead of a point solution.

You are right; some leading email marketing software providers have more bells and whistles and advanced functionality that Envoke doesn't currently include. Keep in mind, however, that email marketing is only a small part of the Envoke ecosystem as we are not an email marketing point solution. That said, we do recognize the importance of a great email editor and actively work on improvements of the UI, version history, more intuitive workflows, expanded reporting - to name a few.

Envoke user for 10+ years. I've seen demos of other MAPs and Envoke is on par with the big players.

A high-quality tool that allows me to quickly deliver sales-ready leads to my CRM, a program to help us interact and nurture contacts in our database via email, as well as create dynamic, responsive landing pages to support our marketing campaigns. The simple to use interfaces allow me to start and finish a project within hours. It enhances, and is an extension, of everything I do; and ultimately it keeps my internal and external customers very happy with our company.

Pros

Envoke is pretty intuitive. In fact, I was surprised to learn a major competitor's landing page weren't responsive out-of-the-gate. Envoke's engagement builder is responsive by design. They keep making the platform better (do they sleep I often wonder). For example, lead management is leaps and bounds better than where we originally came from, and it's improved with Envoke tremendously over the years to the point where it isn't one of my main pain points. My personal performance keeps improving, allowing me to take on more projects. The speed at which I am able to get things done makes me look good in the organization. Plus then I can easily show people in reports how everything is performing.

Cons

It would great to have out-of-box, a two-way synchronization between our CRM (Oracle) and Envoke so we can use CRM data in our marketing campaigns. But it has primarily our complex business rules and requirements that have held back complete customization beyond what Envoke was able to set up for us.

A truly all-in-one platform

The core value we get from Envoke is that it's a central place where everything lives. This includes our email database, our marketing database, the history of each contact and every action they've ever taken. The connection between our PPC campaign data and data we get from our product via the API is crucial. I rely on the Envoke database more than our internal database because it has everything I...

Pros

- All in one solution (forms, emails, database, reports etc.) - Powerful Database: houses all our data in one place. - Great support - Constantly improving and adding new features.

Cons

- Not as intuitive at first (but all marketing automation systems having a learning curve)

Envoke provides excellent customer engagement services.

Pros

The software provides so many email templates and options that creating an engaging user campaign is extremely flexible, yet easy. I also find the customer service to be blazing fast, friendly and helpful when we required more complex solutions for our needs. The people at Envoke embody code and design which alleviates a good chunk of my time setting up an email. Envoke are willing to try new things and that has been helpful to us as we grew into online lead management.

Cons

The only downside I have is that as the site grew some services became buried. A new hire entering into using Envoke's services for the first time may feel intimidated on locating certain functionality or managing/filtering data. Fortunately there is online Chat and a robust support area and their customer service is always on the ball.

Ted, thanks for the kind words! We completely agree with your constructive comments. We're aware we've added a lot of functionality without rethinking the user interface. We're currently focused on the navigation with an eye to making it easier to use for new users. It's comments like yours that keep us improving. Keep all your feedback coming!

Good, but not perfect yet.

We chose Envoke because it is Canadian. Overall experience is positive despite the list of cons above.

Pros

Ease of use and speed. Can get a decent email out in a few minutes. Canadian program and data storage avoiding the dreaded HS mess south of the border.

Cons

Managing member list. Asked that you be able to see all members at once not the default 50. No response and no excuse this hasn't been done UI of email builder is quirky to say the least. When selecting a font style such as heading 2, it does not always show up in the right sidebar for editing making it impossible to edit. Default email width is 650 pts. Why not a % scale option or any options so that it can be set to the width of the window available in the clients email program. Should be a way to check responsiveness in tablets and phones to make adjustments as needed. Background images? Padding and margin adjustment in div boxes.

We strive for feedback, good or bad - thank you. Let us respond to your comments: 1) You can choose to display up to 100 contacts per screen. It's not unlimited because we aren't primarily a membership manager or CRM software and viewing 100+ records per screen is not required by most of our clients. You can export the entire list to view all contacts offline. 2) We always respond to all questions...

This is the first Lead Management system that is simple to use and delivers real results!

Pros

Once the system is implemented (Envoke worked closely with us throughout the implementation process), it runs itself to capture leads that are browsing your website. Envoke first worked with us to make sure our website had the appropriate calls to action and lots of areas where leads could "raise their hand" to speak with us, then once they do we get a notification to our inbox letting us know that a lead is interested to have a conversation. We follow up with that lead within 24 hours and move through the sales process quickly. In addition, the system also provides analytics on website traffic and allows you to customize reports. In the 6 months since the system's inception we have generated in sales as a result of website conversion of leads. Highly recommended.

Cons

The system is nicely designed and easy to use, for the most part. There are some areas that need to be more intuitive so that I don't have to be going to Envoke support to walk me through simple tasks. The software performs as it should, it's a matter of user experience in some areass that need to be addressed.

Envoke is the perfect solution for my work. It's cost effective and flexible with no long contracts.

Pros

Envoke being a Canadian company has been important for me. It allows my data to be stored domestically, and they have been very helpful navigating the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation to help my email to remain compliant. Envoke also has good analytics built right into the platform. This has been very helpful to allow me to streamline the content that I am sending to my subscribers. The email builder...

Have used their services for over 15 years and very happy with experience

No other way to send thousands of B2B emails and get the statistics that they have. Wish I had taken the CASL issue more seriously earlier in the process

Pros

Well laid out and flexible for viewing several reports. Fast too. Easy to navigate. Reliable, only down once or twice in 15 years and I'm on it often during the day.

Cons

The save button on the contact screen isn't line up with the close button above it. The formatting in my newsletters is awkward...can't seem to get the line spacing right above and below an image.

Seamless lead generation and management tool that is ve user friendly. Fantastic reporting features

Pros

Simple to use, easy to export, accessible from mobile, tablet and desktop allowing me to see where we are at no matter where in the world I am! Fantastic reporting and excellent support from the team.

Cons

I like to check on processed leads a couple of times a day and the system defaults to all processed leads first and then requires a second click to chose leads processed to a specific day.

Envoke has helped us make better business decisions

Pros

It provides us with a lot of useful data that we use to make marketing and overall business decisions. We're able to see where and how we get the best possible leads and provides functionality to reach potential customers, create custom forms online, and provide a seamless purchasing process for our customers.

Cons

Certain aspects of the UI are a bit clunky, but the service the envoke team provides more than makes up for it with extremely quick help in working out anything we need.

We have used Envoke for almost 10 years and are very satisfied.

Pros

Simple, easy to learn, stays up to date with email laws in North America. Customer service is fast and friendly. They ask us what we need and allow us to give our in out on new additions or services.

Cons

no A/B testing yet. Still want to see link description instead of link URL for tracked URLs. Need a better archiving system for old emails (we have 9+ years worth!)

Envoke email marekting tool

The customer service / help team is small but incredibly responsive. They always adhere to a same-day turn around, often replying immediately. I like the personal touch they add. Their help articles are clear and their email or chat responses have always left me with concise answers so I can get my work done efficiently.

Pros

Nice clean design templates and the Envoke team is always ready to dig in and help us with design tweaks. Their emphasis on security and privacy is excellent and the fact that the servers are Canadian make all the difference, as I work for a Canadian organization.

Cons

I find navigating the image library a little confusing. I'd like to see it in the mega navigation of the software as its own unique space for organizing images.

Thanks for the nice review Megan! The image manager is under review and up for upgrades soon to work better for you. I reached out by email to get your thought about this in more detail.

User friendly with helpful reports

Very good. Easy to use.

Pros

It was very easy to set up our monthly newsletters using our institution templates which allowed me to focus on content.

Cons

I found some of the admin pages to be difficult to navigate - unorganized layouts with too many options.

Hi Joyce and thanks for taking the time to write a review. We've reached out to you by email to check about the settings page where you indicated some cleanup would be useful. It's probably a matter of advanced settings showing up for all users and that can be overwhelming. I hope we can connect soon to discuss details! edit: After a follow email with the client we discovered that an update to the interface resolved their concern about the cluttered settings page.

Great partnership and service for 15 years

Constant communication with different groups prospective students, staff and registered students.

Pros

Easy of use, constant development and improvements, instant support.

Cons

Not connected directly to our databases and rest of the CRM.

Nice platform for email marketing. Fantastic customer support - always prompt and helpful.

Pros

I like the ease of use. The template makes consistency easy to achieve and simplifies the process.

Cons

I dislike finding photos stored in the photo library as they appear in one long list. I would like to be able to move them into subfolders.