Promo Reviews

4.47/5 (38 reviews)

Ashley Pope

The best promo video service I have found yet.

Reviewed 2018-10-25

With Promo we are able to make original content to keep our social media sites fresh with new videos. Promo also allows us to easily create individualized content for our agents to use on their own social media pages that brands them as their own business with their own contact information rather than the corporate information.Great selection of stock videos to choose from. Premade templates available for easy editing. Suggestions of premade videos provided for the specific industry that you declare on sign up. Great selection of music to add to videos. Great selection of text overlay options to make videos look anywhere from fun to professional. Easy to change video format to fit different platforms. Easy to download video once completed. Customer service team is readily available to answer questions. New features and functionality being rolled out frequently.

Anonymous

A great tool for creating professional videos

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Overall it's a great software. Price is a little on the high side. There are a few little tweaks and changes I'd like to see but it meets the majority of my needs and provides great selection. They've been adding new laytouts lately so I hope to see more of that! I use this ALL the time for creating gorgeous, professional videos for social media use. Love being able to choose from a huge selection of videos, being able to upload my own graphics, choosing from a good selection of music clips, and the layouts are great for being able to add the company's logo.

Marcos Glucksmann

Excellent application to create social media videos in minutes and without complications.

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-07-03

Although we are a video company, we are not all geniuses creating videos. That's why this tool worked very well for our sales and marketing team, since it allowed any employee to create interesting pieces and engaging, without needing to have editing notions (it only takes a little creativity!) They have an impressive and very large library of music and video clips that you can use in your videos. The editor is very simple and easy to use. If you need it, they have enough support material for you to learn how to use the tool. In general, they have many interesting things that will make creating videos for networks much more effective and eye-catching.

Greg Dungan

Promo by Slidely is the Perfect Tool for Creating Facebook Ad Videos

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-02-08

Promo by Slidely allows me to make quality videos for my Facebook Ads auickly and easily.What I like most about Promo by Slidely is that it makes perfect videos for my Facebook Ads. I don't have to worry about format or file size, they just work. Promo is simple to use, too. In minutes someone can go from a complete novice to a seasoned pro using this application. I like that it handles both rectangular and square video. This way I can use it on both Facebook and Instagram with ease. The audio library is impressive. The selection is vast and the clips are easily sortable so I can find what I want. They're also available in various lengths and are easily edited for the perfect duration. The biggest reason why I use Promo is the video clip library. They have a huge library of top quality video clips to use in your videos. This is the main thing that sets Promo apart from services like Animoto.

George Gonzalez-Rivas

Great (and easy) to deliver a single, short concept or message.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-08-03

My experience with the tool is positive -- mostly because the overall design is simple and single-minded...almost a templated use-case. Hard to go wrong. The customer service was helpful and capable when I had inadvertently created two accounts and needed them merged. Also, when I was behind schedule they allowed me to suspend my account (and payments!) for three months while I caught up. Very nice of them. This tool allows you to basically use existing stock video, add your text messaging and music, to make a short video. THe obvious point is that it is really-really easy. Click on a video, type two to four short messages, and they are displayed in an overlay, and pick your soundtrack. The entire process 'might' take 5 minutes. (If you're indecisive you could spend far longer selecting your video and soundtrack.)

Rachel Freedman

This is the product of the year for our team! WOW!

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-12-31

Promo by Slidely made us into professionals and we were able to make as many videos as we want and need without hiring a professional team, thus enabling us to be much more agile. Unlike most other video making sites, there is a wealth of stock video and photos available... not like other sites where you think you found the final price but you are required to keep upgrading for the best stuff. It is really, really, really great.Promo was the greatest thing our team found. We have been going back and forth for months about how we will launch a promo video, and I went ahead to create one via slide.ly... wow! It was so easy to use, made me feel like a professional. The videos and photos in stock are incredible. We got so many compliments on the videos we produced. Most of all, the team is amazing - helpful, nice, fun. Highly recommend!!!

Marissa Gandelman, LMT

Great tool hope it gets better!

Reviewed 2018-07-13

More attention to our postsI really like promo. Our little business has received a lot more attention when we promote with video. Adding witty copy is fun and engaging, I really like doing marketing with this program!

Fast, simple, convenient

Reviewed 2019-01-23

You can quickly convert your videos into different aspect ratios without having to start from scratch. Saves so much time!

Camila Alvarez Ayala

Create your videos for your networks!

Reviewed 2018-07-10

It is an extremely useful software! It allows you to create different videos in a few seconds and it works perfect for the different ads that you want to run. They have a bank of images and videos that can get you out of the mud when you have little creativity.

Cori Myers

Pricey and not enough options

Reviewed 2018-05-16

We got some good ideas but could not implement them.I love the idea of throwing together a video for our customers, quickly. Also love the calendar suggestions for Promos to run. A lovely place to start coming up with ideas!

Ali Fawaz

Smooth process

Reviewed 2017-11-02

The variety of video options and the ease of use. It's intuitive to use and makes sense. Downloaded adding the videos from my stored videos is nice.

Anonymous

Promo by Slidely has come in handy when it comes to making videos for FB advertising.

Reviewed 2017-10-17

My favorite thing about Promo by Slidely is how easy it is to use. They already have videos and music you can select from without having to worry about copyright.

Anonymous

Great way to create unique videos

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-04-05

Promo is super simple and efficient at letting you create videos for advertisements. You choose a video, pick a music track and add calls to action if needed. You can then edit the video length to suit your needs.

Christa Kantner

Promo by Slidely is easy to use and I end up with a quality video in just a few minutes! I love it.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

The videos and music help me get my imagination going to produce a really nice promo video. I love how easy it is to use!

Teara McGinn

easy to create videos

Used other for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-08-01

promo video quick and easyFound it easy to create a video quickly. Lots of content to choose from. Enough customization options to have flexibility, without being too overwhelming. When I forgot to cancel my subscription renewal, support was very courteous and easy to work with.

Great tool!

Reviewed 2018-07-12

Well done videos, great selection and tons of options for music. It would cost a lot more to hire someone to produce your own video.

M Rene Islas

This tool was attractive to our members. It helped us standout.

Reviewed 2017-07-11

The promo tool was quick and easy to use. It made us look professional at a very reasonable expense.

Sue Schroeder

Love! As a small business owner I wish there was a less expensive option. If only I were RICH!

Reviewed 2017-07-11

Love the ease. Great imagery. Fantastic service... great experience. Anyone can use it! Great for social media...

James Riedlinger

Idea is ok but their claimed flexibility is not what it seems

Reviewed 2018-03-02

Decent inventory of clips but that's about all I can say that I like.

Mary Petti

Ripoff

Used other for free trial
Reviewed 2018-07-07

Fun to put together a video, various templates to see. More affordable than creating same content yourself. Various graphics to use and tryout

Shelly Warren

Fabulous for people who are not experienced in marketing but need a great solution

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-07-16

Actual beautiful videos that make me look like a pro. I need to really use the offer I purchased but am moving slow and still figuring out a game plan. ready made offers, using your own tune, funny pre-built everything, terrific for an on-going campaign reminders

Mischele Miller

I needed a commercial that was spunky and affordable and easy.

Reviewed 2017-10-28

My video was created in an hour and I was able to edit with ease. The commercial I created was posted on YouTube and on my website. The benefit is being able to produce a quality video in a short period of time, without spending hours and hours of my time trying to create something that looks professional. Saving time is saving money. I love PROMO!I really love the quality of the videos provided and the ease of using the program. Adding and selecting the music and titles was so easy and fun, too! I did not even have to get my son to help me, it was easy for a grown up, like me! The direction are easy to follow and I was very pleased at how simple and fun this was! The price is perfect, too, high quality for a reasonable and affordable price.

Korina Rongitsch

Don't Choose Promo!!!

Reviewed 2018-08-03

Extremely disappointed. I spent a lot on the subscription because the videos look professional, but I'm definitely regretting this purchase! Very limited editing options and unresolved technical support for their video software malfunction. Never imagined I couldn't finish a project because the software isn't working... It's going on 4 days and customer service has done nothing (except give me a few video credits that the second time I asked when I told them I was concerned and going to write a review). I have several editing subscriptions. I would not recommend Promo!!! Their software and editing capabilities are over priced and are not guaranteed to work. Decent video selection Chat response time was ok, but no phone available

Anonymous

These "promotional videos" are nothing more than stock footage with text overlays

Reviewed 2018-02-11

Create generic stock footage videos with text overlays. That's pretty much all you can do with this program.The design of the website is very intuitive. The editor is also relatively easy to use. Perhaps the best part of Promo is that it has great customer support, with an easy-to-use chat feature.

Easier than expected!

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Ease of use and value for the dollar. I can drag and drop text overlays in a variety of ways, there is a vast library of video content to choose from, and really great music.