Promo.com Logo

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.58/10

Reviews by rating

It's easy to use, it's fast, and the results are really good. I also love the fact of being able to choose from a large pool of different soundtracks if I so wish.
It was simple and easy to use, but produced great quality end results. Not only my that, but the access to so much stock footage for such a good price was great.
As I stated, I like to use this tool so, my overall experience with Promo.com is wonderful. This tool makes my job super easy.
I had no way of knowing if the product would meet my expectations until I downloaded the video - so the assurance that I could get my money back if I was unsatisfied is essentially worthless.
Once this company gets your credit card they refuse to stop charging your account. The annual charge of 495.00 is still charged even after you have asked for a cancel.

Linda R.

Director of Digital Communications

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Doesn't stand out from the pack

Transcript

Linda: My name is Linda. I'm an AVP of marketing. I give Promo three out of five stars. For more reviews,...

Jared D.

Customer Success Manager

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Convenient Video Editor for Videos for Social

Transcript

Jared: I'm Jared, Executive Director. I would give Promo.com a four out of five. And for more reviews...

Greg D.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Promo by Slidely is the Perfect Tool for Creating Facebook Ad Videos

Promo by Slidely allows me to make quality videos for my Facebook Ads auickly and easily.

Pros

What I like most about Promo by Slidely is that it makes perfect videos for my Facebook Ads. I don't have to worry about format or file size, they just work. Promo is simple to use, too. In minutes someone can go from a complete novice to a seasoned pro using this application. I like that it handles both rectangular and square video. This way I can use it on both Facebook and Instagram with ease....

Cons

What I like least about Promo is that I cannot use more than one clip in a video and I can't make long videos. I have to use their stock format and length. This works for a lot of things, but it really limits my creativity.

SR

Syed R.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

'A dynamic platform to create your dream content'

Pros

I am using this tool for a long time and I really enjoy working with Promo.com. This is an amazing resource that allows you to create wonderful videos even if you have a small budget. They have a lot of the latest features and functions which is totally helpful to be creative with your editing. Promo.com has a massive collection of video clips that are really wonderful. I would say promo.com is a great tool and with it you can smoothly customize your content, logo, post, greetings wish, social media ads, and more. I like to use huge collections of templates.

Cons

I use this tool regularly and I create a lot of content but sometimes I observed that glitches occurred with my content. Which was really disappointing. I think they sould work on this.

SC

Sara C.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Misleading company refund policy

The customer service and company policies were deceptive and designed to trick people into paying for a full month of service even if they end up not liking the product.

Pros

It was fairly easy to use and navigate the website.

Cons

The company page is very misleading - be sure to read all of the fine print before subscribing! They will charge your card and if you have downloaded anything your "7 day money back guarantee" becomes invalid. I downloaded 2 videos I had made with my own content and they didn't work well for what I had intended to use them for. When I tried to cancel my plan I was told that the 7 day money back guarantee...

Hi Sara Thanks for your feedback and we would be happy to clarify the 7 day refund policy. Since all content is licensed, if a video is downloaded then the account would not be valid for a refund. If there is a purchase and no download then we can refund

GM

Gina M.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Careful

Costumer service is horrible. They do things via chat they do not have some one your can reach to talk to about billing. I followed their directions to cancel and they still charged me. My bank gave me back my money but they recharged and said that the bank investigate d and said it was valid when I contacted my bank they said no it was a recharge and promo needs to return it. They do not talk about accounts for 30 days which then they keep your money. They recharge untill they get payment and keep telling to talk to your bank. Use another product this one make your videos feel fake.

Pros

Easy to login On our computers and laptops.

Cons

Editting : no hold and drag which made things time consuming.

Hello, Thanks for reaching out and to further explain when a payment dispute is opened with the bank, we freeze use of the product until the banks complete their investigation. After the investigation is completed, if the charge is considered valid the funds are provided to our company and if the charge is reversed the funds are returned to the customer. After investigation, the banks deemed the charge was valid and we double checked to confirm they reviewed full evidence from both sides. For further clarification, I would suggest double checking with the bank on how they reached their result and if we can further help out just let us know. Thank You

KA

Khurram A.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Amazing fast way of video making.

It is really fun. I am getting in love with promo.com and with its customer team. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Amd more . They all take care of me like a famiky when ever i want help they are always here for me. Thank you pormo for excellent work.

Pros

It is amazingly fast to make video on promo.com excellent quality videos and photos to use. Good legal music to use. And excellent online customer service. I get help when ever i wanted and its amazingly fast costumer service i did not see anywhere else. I like promo because of its fair services.

Cons

Quality sounds ambience and music should be included more .it should be added more frequently. Same for video too.tampletes ,fonts style should be added more. Sometimes it looks like same thing when it comes to writing and tampletes. And should be added more ready made biographic content .if i want to make my biographic video so it should be ready made so i put my self and my work to get my biographic video ready in minutes ..i will be happy to see more varieties of videos in more category.i wish to see all these too soon.

BJ

Bruce J.

Used other for 2+ years

Promo.com is brilliant for driving awareness of your company.

I use promo.com for generating awareness of our new services and sending people to our website for conversion. I also use the free version to teach my college marketing students to create videos for their own future jobs or businesses.

Pros

The variety of videos offered is incredible. The search features are highly accurate in terms of meeting my needs. As a former advertising executive, I love the fact that I have professional videos for my mental health company in a fraction of the cost and time. The longest a video has taken me to create, with myriad alternatives is 3 hours. I usually create within two hours. Here's an example: https://promo.com/share/5ce6ce1c861eda3c9f78c4d0?utm_source=single_shared_link

Cons

Not much to dislike. They are continually adding new features.

George G.

Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Great (and easy) to deliver a single, short concept or message.

My experience with the tool is positive -- mostly because the overall design is simple and single-minded...almost a templated use-case. Hard to go wrong. The customer service was helpful and capable when I had inadvertently created two accounts and needed them merged. Also, when I was behind schedule they allowed me to suspend my account (and payments!) for three months while I caught up. Very nice of them.

Pros

This tool allows you to basically use existing stock video, add your text messaging and music, to make a short video. THe obvious point is that it is really-really easy. Click on a video, type two to four short messages, and they are displayed in an overlay, and pick your soundtrack. The entire process 'might' take 5 minutes. (If you're indecisive you could spend far longer selecting your video and soundtrack.)

Cons

Don't look for multi-layered messages or complexity. These are short videos, intended to punch a point home with a metaphoric video and a soundtrack that supports (or at least doesn't detract) from the message. You can use this for 'awareness' or advertising -- but its far from being an explainer video. The subscription is also pricey for what you get. But there are a lot of videos and soundtrack to choose from. I just wish more of them were directly applicable to B2B selling.

Mohala J.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Easy Promo videos with Promo

Exciting! I love being able to take an idea and translate it into a video. Visual presentations are a driving force in today's marketing game and Promo let's me play with the big dawgs.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. Straight forward editing options as well as a huge selection of stock videos and images.

Cons

Limited fonts, this is a personal preference con. I'd like to see a few more font options and maybe some different animations for said fonts.

JC

Jeff C.

Most Functional & Fun Video Production Tool Ever

It took no time to make custom videos with client's footage seamlessly interwoven with stock footage that would cost a lot to achieve from scratch. Music and footage rights are sewn up with the push of a button. I feel like they are in the next room while I work, that is how good their customer service is, they are right there in the chat box ready to help :)

Pros

Allows one marketing guy or gal to operate like a video production studio.

Cons

The fact that I didn't know about it sooner :)

Marissa G.

Great tool hope it gets better!

More attention to our posts

Pros

I really like promo. Our little business has received a lot more attention when we promote with video. Adding witty copy is fun and engaging, I really like doing marketing with this program!

Cons

On the downside, their music selection is still not great, especially the soothing, Spa-like stuff that we sometimes need, but I anticipate their music library will grow over time.

DC

Damien C.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Great Asset for Our Marketing & Branding

From day one I was able to create some great content. When I log in there is usually already a message I want to convey. The template library has more often than not given me ideas on how I want to convey that message. Over the last two years, Promo has helped me create professional content which has reached my target market, helped me to both create brand recognition and accomplish our marketing agendas. The number of compliments I receive on our videos is amazing. It's a great tool which I don't see not using well into the future of our organization.

Pros

Promo templates provide great baselines for creating content. Just recently all I had to do was brand a template and go. But generally, it is an easy to use software which enabled me to expand our brand and communicate our message in the most cost effective manner possible, while providing a high quality presentation. Which as a start-up company is very important.

Cons

Honestly, for the price, ease of use and functionality. I don't have any cons. This has been an incredible asset for my company. If I had one issue, I wish we could replace the green screen with images. But outside of that no issues.

NJ

Natalia J.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Great way to express an organisations identity and message.

Being a small business and always struggling with funding advertising and promotion I love that I have control over spreading my message to the world and being able to do this in a cost effective and creative way.

Pros

I love the fact that they listen when you suggest something. For example there used to be a limit on the number of videos you could create per month which irritated me. But now they are unlimited which is great. Sometimes I use make videos all the time - when I am feeling super creative - and other times I don't use it at all because I am just too busy. But other times I use it a lot.

Cons

In a perfect world I would like to be able to make longer vids and possibly put voice overs on them but as far as short sharp message vids go - can't beat this program.

Ds

Daniel s.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

It's All In The Details

They are responsive, full of integrity, cutting edge and the customer service is a straight 10 !

Pros

Focused on details. They THOGHT "How can we make this the easiest, simplest and best priced video platform ?" and THEN they went and did it...

Cons

No many... I guess the only real "con" is that most people will use the same hot videos that everyone is using. HOWEVER, with the ability to BRAND, upload your own fonts AND do filters and change the music ...I can not really see how that would affect me.

Thank You Daniel for that great review!

EH

Eija H.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Easy to use and great customer support

Surprisingly good software for making short marketing videos.

Pros

It's really easy to use, the video library is versatile and high quality and 24/7 customer support is top notch. I have no previous experience with making marketing videos but with Promo everything is easy and fast.

Cons

I have experienced some technical issues with the software (minor problems with publishing the videos etc) but all problems have been sorted out by the excellent customer service.

BR

Bonnie R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

By far, the best customer service of any company I have dealt with!

Promo is what got me into the business of video marketing and it plays a HUGE role in grabbing my customers' attention and actually making the sale. I am still new - had never made a marketing video in my life a little over a year ago, but with Promo, it didn't matter. I am now making videos every week, making sales and have no doubts my business will be a huge success, sooner rather than later! I have looked at other products in the past year and have yet to find something comparable to Promo! Thank you, for giving this entrepreneur a solid foundation to build a reputable marketing business!

Pros

The number of clips, the wide range of subjects and videos available. Sometimes I type in something off the wall to search and used to be amazed there were actually clips available. Now, I almost always say, Oh, I bet they will have that! No matter how odd it might seem.

Cons

Sometimes there's a hang up when changing ratios, but it's rare.

NS

Nirav S.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

A good alternative to advanced video editing tools

We are one of the most popular automobile brands and have an active social media account with millions of followers. We need to maintain consistency when it comes to video creation. Consistency can be in the form of branding, tonality, fonts, overlays, etc. With Promo's brand preset features we can easily do this.

Pros

1. A person with zero video editing skills can also get started 2. You can make videos from scratch in less than 15 mins 3. Completely online platform - no need to download anything 4. Very easy to use. You do not need to watch any tutorials to get started 5. Option to choose from multiple templates (5000+) 6. They provide a free content calendar with templates 7. Templates available in multiple dimensions 8. You can integrate with social media handles and publish videos on social media directly using the tool 9. Since social media integration is possible they can help you with insights to select templates that are trending

Cons

1. Very expensive (cheaper alternatives are easily available) 2. If you want to make personal videos like birthday invitations then you do not have a lot of templates. Their focus is more towards social media creator 3. Video rendering time is a bit on the higher side

VH

Vallence H.

Used other for less than 6 months

Really disappointed Promo

I subscribed to the promotion for 6 months and after 6 months i was charged without any email or notification to inform me that the subscription was up for renewal. I have not used the software since the renewal or for a substantial period of time due to the laggy interface. However, I did not request any refund for the initial 6 months. When I realized I was charged just 2 weeks ago, I requested...

Pros

None

Cons

- Laggy - Difficult to use - The company is just out to make profit, doesn't care about the user - Expensive

Hello Vallence, Thanks for your post. All Promo plans offered are subscription based ( monthly/6 month plan/annual) and we try to make that as clear as possible on the pricing page, checkout form, website, faq, and terms that the account should be canceled prior to the next cycle period either on the website or via request to our 24/7 support team. To help out we provided a 50% refund although the terms and site do state the cancel should be prior to the actual charge. If you have any further questions we would be happy to chat.

NB

Nick B.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Promo.com Customer Service Experience

As a small business owner, I see the value in creating eye-catching content and 'putting it out there' on social media. The problem is, unless you're big enough to have your own in-house graphics team, anything you create yourself will likely not rise to the level of professional and eye-catching. If your content in lacklustre or mearly "ok", you're not going to get the desired result. With promo.com...

Pros

Easy of use. I'm not a teck wizard and don't have the time to spend hours figuring out how to use a new tool for my business. You can jump right into Promo.com and start creating content almost immediately. Very user friendly. Also very pleased with the incredible variety of quality, ready-to-customize videos on their site. Very good selection of background music to use as well.

Cons

Genuinely nothing I can think to say here. For me, the experience using Promo.com has been all positive.

CM

Cori M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Pricey and not enough options

We got some good ideas but could not implement them.

Pros

I love the idea of throwing together a video for our customers, quickly. Also love the calendar suggestions for Promos to run. A lovely place to start coming up with ideas!

Cons

I know their pricing is comparable for others like them, but whew! That's more than we pay Shopify each month. And not all of our ads would be video. So a slow month, where we only needed one video, would be a waste of capital. I did ask their customer service for a pay as you download option (and it Too way to many tries to get a direct answer, which is why I gave them 3 stars for customer service) but you can only download if you have a subscription. So the try for free is not true. You can play with the editor for free. But as most said, it's nothing fancy. Instagram videos Perhaps some options for small businesses would be a good idea here. Love the convenience but hate the price, when we have so many other things we need to spend money on.

KR

Karen R.

Media Production, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Promo Keeps My Business Humming

I use Promo to create content as Media Consultant for a local company as well as videos for my business, Remembering the Time. Video creation day is one of my favorite times! Thanks for making the creative process so fun.

Pros

As a freelance writer and content creator I've been relying on Promo's outstanding video creation software for several years. The interface is easy to use and the creative options are limitless. The ability to save my favorites for quick reference has been a tremendous aid to faster workflow. And--if I ever do hit a snag their customer tech support is one of the friendliest around. They've always untangled me and set me back on the path to success. I can't say enough good about this company!

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to create files to organize favorites for faster reference.

CD

Cornelius D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Outstanding

What was going to initially cost us with a graphics designer per video we were able to pay less a year with unlimited promo's.

Pros

The easy method of use and direction in doing so.

Cons

In my opinion I would have like to have found a more balanced catalog of urban communities within the videos. To better enable us to reach all types of people within their everyday familiar surroundings.

AK

Alan K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

The Best Online Video Maker

Now into my third year with Promo. I have tried other online services but this is definitely the most professional, most affordable, way to make polished video snippets. Using promo has meant our social media feeds get more attention and we also use them on our website.

Pros

Lots of good points, but, In particular, the customer support is quick and efficient and the service gets periodically upgraded with new and worthwhile features. The media library is vast and includes footage, music and photographs.

Cons

Would like the ability to use more premium content in a particular video. Also it would be nice to be able to use different music backgrounds for different sections.

JS

James S.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Outstanding Product - Operation Heal America LLC

Outstanding product - highly recommend! Engagements on social media accounts went up 60 times norm with first posting.

Pros

Ease of Use Quality of Production Materials: Video, Templates, Music files, etc. Ability to produce quality videos in a timely manner Reasonably priced

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. As a former FBI agent and Navy Pilot, I am, by nature, a detail guy. Whoever designed this product thought of every conceivable detail to product high-quality videos with minimal expense and effort! Kudos Promo.com!

DP

Dan P.

Used other for 6-12 months

Look at Promo when you want to make short commercials

I am not currently using Promo but had used it to make dozens of videos to promote various products for my clients. Overall I was quite happy with it and would not hesitate to use Promo again when the need arises.

Pros

Promo has a vast library of video clips to use to make a wide range of short commercials and promotional videos for your business or personal use. Adding music/sound and text onto the video is not only essential but it is done very easily.

Cons

I would like more text font options (or the ability to upload custom fonts). At times editing a video (splicing it) or joining two videos was a challenge.

VM

Virginia M.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Charged my account without permission

They refuse to refund my money when I told them I was no longer interested due to the financial loss from the pandemic. Very rude and uncaring staff.

Pros

The look of the pictures and videos. Bright colors. But very disappointing in the product and advertiisng with it looked cheap to prospective customers.

Cons

Not much to it. Not enough value for the money

Hi Virginia, Thanks for reaching out and I am happy our team was able to help out during these tough times and refund that payment for you. Feel free to contact our 24/7 customer support at support@promo.com if any questions or issues come up. Thank You!