Referral Rock

Referral software for refer a friend and partner programs

visit website

Referral Rock Reviews

Pros

Josh has been amazing helping me on board my first campaign. The performance on this effort has yet to be seen since I just launched, but it seems promising.

Kris L.

The software is easy to use and we like the ability to generate reports within the Admin dashboard. It is very reliable for our users.

Linda G.

Ease of use, Referral system on steroids, Setup in min, Most important it's affordable, Great tech support, Great setup support.

Brett P.

Cons

The main drawback that I have encountered is the inability to edit the contact details of a referrer or to complete delete one if necessary.

Dahlian L.

Unfortunately, there was no available support in the Australian time zone which made it a challenge but hardly a con.

Sarah M.

People trust referrals but hate using the correct link.

Barbara M.

4.5

The team is amazing. I'm far from a computer wizard. They have made it super easy.

Pros

Cons

It's not really a con but better artwork would be nice. But you have the option to upload your own work.

Thanks for the feedback Brett. We have some new layouts coming out in the next few months with better graphics and styles.

Outstanding customer service

Our overall experience has been amazing, from the moment that we indicated we were interested in the platform we have pleasantly surprised by the platform and the customer service. I have worked with many platforms with customer service centres outside of Australia and this is the best experience we have ever experienced.

Pros

The Referral Rock platform is a simple off the shelf solution for a referral program. It easily integrated into Salesforce and we were able to reskin the entire platform in our branding.

Cons

Thank you for the kind words! Glad we can raise the bar on customer service outside of Australia.

Software Feels Like It's In Development Phase

I feel like I'm trial testing an affiliate software that's not quite ready to launch. There's glitches and broken functionality everywhere. It will likely work for what we're hoping to do, but I'm disapointed in the overall experience.

Pros

I interviewed a lot of referral softwares before going with this one and am relatively happy with my choice. It has good features for the price point. The sales team was helpful and awesome. In general, it probably will work for our purposes. That being said, it falls short of the professionalism and "finished" product I was hoping for.

Cons

I feel like this software is a bit antequated in the design and is overall in development stage. There are several places where functionality just isn't quite seamless - I can ALMOST do what I need to do, but not quite. Features such as limited custom fields, awkward formatting, lacking conversion script instructions, etc made the set up process frustrating. I switched to this software so I wouldn't have to take so many shortcuts with our referral program and I feel like I'm having to hack my way into getting it to do what I need it to do. I've submitted over 20 feature requests since starting to use the software just a week ago. We'll see if they make adjustments as we go on.

Exactly what EVERY software company should strive to be like!

Pros

The list is extensive! Their integrations, their obsession to be on the leading edge of their niche, the overall customizability, and flexibility, WITHOUT being locked into a long-term contract. I think what's overall best about my experience is that they give you a 15-day trial to literally try almost every feature. Not only that, they came alongside (While still being a trial customer = no money...

Cons

The ONLY thing I would like to see is an app for people to download and keep logged in on. But I'm sure that will come with time.

Thanks Shaun. Glad you had a great experience in the buying process!

Your Success is Their Success

Pros

In 2016, we did a deep analysis of our Word-of-Mouth marketing and found it to be one of our most profitable lead gen channels. So, we began the hunt to find a referral program software company who could rally behind us just as our customers do. After speaking with more than 4 other companies, we signed on with Referral Rock. Why? For a few reasons: Price is competitive for what you...

Cons

The only con would be their reporting its limited.

Joanna, thank you for the kind review. Glad we can help you get all of this up and running! Excited to see you guys continue to kill it with referrals!

Great Customer Service

We purchased two plans with Referral Rock. With both implementations, the Referral Rock team has been great to work with. They are very patient and responsive when we have questions. I would give them 6 stars out of 5 if I could. Representative is fantastic!

Pros

Cons

We bought a more "entry level" plan so we don't have a lot of options to customize multiple fields. There is an upgrade coming in a few months so that may give us more flexibility.

Referral Rock rocks smart home tech referrals

By far the best part of the software is the team behind it. Our success manager is on top of every request and has been invaluable in getting us up and running quickly.

Pros

The flexibility and customization options are near endless and that makes the platform incredibly valuable for a product like ours. We are able to uniquely merge our customer experience with their underlying technology seamlessly. In addition, our success manager has been rock solid (pun intended). He's really helped us extract the maximum value from the platform, unique to our business and customer experience.

Cons

While we are in the early phases of our launch, the only drawback for some may be in the flexibility of the platform itself. Because of its flexibility, many of the functions can/should be custom built for your unique organization. While this is a huge plus for us, it may not be the best option for some.

Glitchy but perfect for my size business

Pros

Once you get the hang of it and learn the vernacular it's pretty straightforward. And, it seems to have all the features I need without costing a fortune.

Cons

Working with the text, like font selection and size, spacing, etc. is super glitchy and I found myself finding workarounds when putting together the member and referral pages. Never did really get it to look the way I wanted it to look. And, if I indented anything it automatically inserted quotations kind of underneath the text. Everything else seems to work fine, but considering the text setup is crucial to the message it seems as though maybe some more functionality attention should be paid to that. Choosing text size is a real pain since there is no way to know exactly what size you are choosing.

Thanks Johnny. We are redoing the program editors in the next month or so! Valuable feedback!

Amazingly simple software to growing our referral network

Simplicity of rolling out a referral prgramme

Pros

Simplicity, flexibility and customisation options. I really like to way everything is within one system

Cons

Great functionality, very friendly and helpful support and good price

Excellent

Pros

It does everything we need for our referral program. And also they are very good and knowledgeable people to interact with.

Cons

Overall there was nothing vital missing. A couple of the things we liked were on the more expensive plan.

Customer Service has been beyond my wildest dreams.

Really awesome experience so far in the set up of our referral program. We are just about to launch, so I can't say anything about our results - but this is exactly what we've been looking to set up for a while and I'm super excited to get this ball rolling.

Pros

Hands down the thing I like most about Referral Rock is the customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a godsend. He's been so easy to communicate with, is available for video/screen share calls and happily answers any little question I've had. It's been such a big help to have that, because there's so much you can do with Referral Rock, but without someone who knows it inside and out it would be easy to miss a lot - and set it up with only a fraction of its potential.

Cons

I felt like there were a number of things that weren't ready to go right off the bat - like an anchor link to take users from the referral page to the top (to see the form again). A random field that appeared in the member registration form. All of these were minor and there was a workaround in place, would have been *ideal* if these were in place but nothing was a dealbreaker, just a minor inconvenience. And again, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a huge help with communicating this with me, and with the dev team to set up an official solution.

Great platform and support for growing your business and engaging customers.

Automated program for rewarding product exposure and customer networking with minimal effort internally.

Pros

Automated notifications with the ability to theme your offerings. Tremendous customer support and technical ability. Integration with Woo Commerce is very helpful.

Cons

Just need more clients on it, lol Advanced training or consulting session based on your specific industry, audience, and key employee skill set would be a welcome addition. This could assist each business individually in taking their specific program to the next level.

Thanks John! Happy we got your tracking working better capturing order number!

Experience has been great - customer support is excellent and the platform is so unique.

Pros

We are just launching our referral campaign, but so far it has been great working with Referral Rock. With their guidance, the software is easy to use - it has been able to do everything I've wanted. The Referral Rock customer support team is fantastic and extremely responsive. Every time I've had a question or ran into an issue, they've been transparent and have helped figure out a solution right away. We have some pretty unique integration requirements, and their team worked with us very closely to get everything setup correctly. The tool was actually quite easy to set up - I like the flexibility of options it provides, especially for rewards. They also have a lot of new member engagement and email automation features that I'm excited to try.

Cons

It took a bit of familiarization before I was able to use the dashboard myself, but with the help of the customer success team, was up and running in no time.

Affiliate Marketing Program

I'd have to say the best part of the experience is how helpful Mica, our on-boarding/brilliant rep, is. He is helpful at all hours, via phone or email, and its made all the difference.

Pros

The reporting, analytics, tracking, and customization are what make this software great.

Cons

The things I didn't like have already been changed and improved upon.

One of the easiest software programs I've ever used to manage online referral campaigns.

Pros

Very reliable, easy-to-use product. Referral Rock has made it easy for us to streamline our online member referral program and significantly simplify the process. The user interface is well-designed and makes launching, monitoring, and editing referral campaigns effortless. Their support team was extremely helpful in walking us through custom campaign setup and answering any questions we had throughout the process. Would definitely recommend this product to any size business or non-profit organization looking to expand their reach through referral programs! After using the product for nearly 2 years, we've never received any negative feedback from our members or experienced any down-time with Referral Rock's hosting platform.

Cons

I wish there were more options to customize the layout and look of the rewards landing pages and automated emails. Other than that -- the software and support have been great!

Thank's Jay. We are working on the cons you listed. More customizable options for pages and emails!

We have been working with Mica and the Referral Rock team and they are amazing!

Pros

We have just launched our online dating business https://oneworlddating.com & are excited about having ReferralRock as our referral program. It is so easy to use and we look forward to seeing conversion results and new member sign ups. It was so easy to design and set up our own program. It looks amazing and there is a sticky link on every page that a member uses giving them a great opportunity to refer friends and earn points. Being able to create our own pop up design was also a great feature and make it so easy for members to jump right in and send off a referral without even having to leave The Referral Rock Customer success team is one of the best and they are there for you every step of the way.

Cons

Awesome! We'll make this a success for you!

Give Meghan Calak a raise

People trust referrals but hate using the correct link.

Pros

Your team is phenomenally supportive, ranging between my very dumb and basic questions to the slightly more technical inquiries. Always patient, never seem frustrated, and consistently beyond helpful.

Cons

The jump from basic plan to middle is huge, it should have a step between the two.

Great Software, Wonderful Support

Our goal was to tap into our most valuable resource, our members, to spread the word about Show-Score. Referral Rock provided a lightweight, yet highly customizable solution. I highly recommend Referral Rock.

Pros

Once the initial setup is complete, Referral Rock is highly automated and makes it easy for referrers to sign up and promote your brand.

Cons

The setup is somewhat involved, but the Customer Success Team is invaluable. Rep was highly responsive, thorough, and offered great insights. There's a bit of a learning curve in regards to the nomenclature used in RR, but otherwise it's a solid program.

Referral Rock Review

Although we haven't seen the return yet (still coming up with our strategy), we've had a great experience with Jake. He has been incredibly helpful and so responsive! Excited to see if we can make this work for us and our program!

Pros

- This is a great tool to automate your referral program (Payments, Conversions, etc.) - It's great that we have the opportunity to segment users and send emails from the platform so we don't have to export lists and do it in an external tool - If you set up the integration it makes it very easy to see how your referrals are converting and automate the approval process

Cons

- Building the pages can be difficult. There isn't much you can do with the design unless you know HTML and are able to create something. - Would love more options for triggering emails - ex. sending emails after someone's first referral, sending emails 10 days after someone joins if they don't get a referral

A great tool!

Pros

I was looking for a tool that could help launch a member referral program. This type of tool is often found in different sectors and not necessarily in the non-profit space, so I wasn't sure it would work as effectively as it does for say, ecommerce. I needed an inexpensive, plug-and-play solution and found referral rock. It has worked as advertised.

Cons

It was not as intuitive to set the referral logic, but the rep on the customer success team was very helpful!

Simple but Efficient - just what we needed!

I stumbled upon Referral Rock a couple months ago when we decided to launch our Referral Appreciation Program. We were looking for a simple way to automate the referral process so as to make it easier for people to refer others. Before and after discovering ReferralRock I investigated a number of alternatives. Some were too expensive while others were too complicated. For us, ReferralRock was just...

Referral Rockin

We're using Referral Rock to input referral customers to Hubspot and then keep track of who we owe rewards to when those referral customers move to closed won.

Pros

The software has a lot of functionality and flexibility. We're using it for a slightly different application than a typical user and we were still able to get up and running quickly and tweak things over a few weeks to the point where we're actively using the software across multiple teams. This was due in large part to our account manager Representative was always quick to respond and helpful in thinking outside the box about how we could get to the desired results.

Cons

There's a lot of functionality so things can be overwhelming at first. Having an actual person from Referral Rock to support us was imperative in getting the process rolling.

Decent product, poor onboarding

Frustrating. The product is so close, but it is hard to pay for onboarding that can't help you do most of what you were told the platform can do.

Pros

It (somewhat) integrates with HubSpot and we use this as our CRM>

Cons

That nothing works as it should, or as I was told it would before we purchased it. I have waited over a month on an answer from the "support" team regarding an issue that salesperson told me the software could definitely do, but does not.

I apologize for the negative experience during the on-boarding of your referral program. In speaking with our team, it seems that the issue was on based on a limitation with HubSpot's API, not our integration. As far as I understand our team has worked with you to resolve the issue quickly and we were already working with you before this review by bringing in additional integration specialists on a scheduled call. Thank you for your review and we hope we can continue to work with you as a happy customer.

Great set up process

Pros

Our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredible in getting us fully set up and live within less then a week! Referral Rock has every feature you can need in a referral program.

Cons

It takes a little bit of handholding to get set up.

The application is very straight forward and the integration options with other services are great.

Pros

Sales and technical support are both outstanding which is extremely important when you are on a deadline to launch a program. This alone can make or break a program launch. Feature rich. Good security. Easy Zapier integration and web redirect are both very helpful.

Cons

Member first names cannot be only two characters. Would like to see base package support more programs.