ACS Logo

ACS

Cloud-based church management and accounting software

ACS Reviews

User ratings

3.9

• Likelihood to recommend6.65/10

See full reviews by rating

The customer service at ACS is outstanding and would recommend this company and their products to anyone.
The onboarding team and the customer service reps are easy to work with and try to be as helpful as possible. The Church Life app is great, and has been a blessing to our church members.
What I like best is that it is an affordable, integrated, double-entry accounting system designed specifically for churches and small non-profit organizations.
And unless they've recently updated the software (unlikely), you can't even use it on iPad without an external keyboard. Further, their pricing structure is ridiculous.
Set-up for reports is too complicated and graphs are difficult to arrange and filters are confusing.
The lack of functional expense reporting is lacking given the current state of the art technology. ACS is also limited on the choice of administrators on who should access this or that.

Josh E.

Director of Administration

Aching for ACS

Transcript

Josh: My name is Josh. I am the Director of Administration. And for ACS Technologies, I gave a rating...

DW

David W.

Senior Pastor

ACS is THE BEST!!

Transcript

David W: Hi, I'm David, I'm a senior pastor, and I give ACS software a five. We are one of ACS' oldest...

SH

Sarah H.

Great software

We love ACS and will continue doing business with them.

Pros

Love the support team and their vast knowledge of the product. It is easy to use.

Cons

Needs more reporting/queerying options for accounting.

DG

David G.

difficult

Pros

It does interface with our financial system and they have good accounting people to solve accounting problems

AT

Angela T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

ACS software

Pros

It manages our church membership well and the customer service is excellent

Cons

The software is a little clunky and out dated to a degree

VS

Val S.

Not Intuitive, But Great Once It's Going

ACS is good stuff -- if it is set up correctly and consistently. I like it overall. But there is a steep learning curve.

Pros

I love how flexible/customizable it is, to fit nearly any faith community. It also can be integrated with other programs (giving, background checks, etc.).

Cons

TOTALLY not intuitive. Also, I was assured that the ACS Finance training I was going to was completely for non-finance people and I couldn't follow it at ALL due to the heavy, HEAVY reliance upon accounting jargon.

AH

Ashley H.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Easy for those who are not keen with numbers

Pros

simple to use, but a lot of capability. Easy to keep track of giving and make reports for unpaid tuitions.

Cons

difficult to use for a school when students drop or change classes after making payments. Wish there was a way to connect to another software to automatically load registrations.

AM

Andrea M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reporting is not that easy, especially setting up for year end statements.

Membership interface capabilities. Good product and better than what we had, but I didn't get much training. When we have used customer service/support it has always been good. I am part time, so do not have lots of time to waste trying to figure things out and dealing with customer service.

Pros

Lots of fields available, good access for members. Info seems to be reliable if entered properly. Easy to fix mistakes.

Cons

Setting up reports is not very intuitive and is hard to customize. Not enough directions within the product to guide you.

TC

TONYA C.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

ACS - its multi-faceted!

ACS was the database for a church where I served as Office Manager. It tracked giving, profiles of our members, classes, attendance, the list was truly endless. I also utilized it to generate Year End Giving Statements for tax purposes.

Pros

I am duly impressed with it's power - searches, record retrieval, Tax statements, etc. This was my primary software for over 7 years, I also attended several seminars to become more proficient within ACS.

Cons

It was occasionally non-intuitive, but their Customer Service reps are Fantastic at troubleshooting!!

AM

Anthony M.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

ACS is a financial/membership workhorse for our church

ACS has been an invaluable tool for us to manage the finances and membership of our church. It handles details which allows us to focus on ministry.

Pros

The ability to sort individuals and groups within the larger congregation. We have set up numerous subgroups in our congregation and use ACS to generate our directories.

Cons

Some categories could not be customized as we would have liked. In the people arm, some fields were mandatory even if unnecessary for our purposes.

EP

Edda P.

ACS Software

New to using the software. Minimal training as the previous person had already left the job. Too expensive for the church to send new hires to ACS Training.

Pros

Can make up a Form Letters, Labels etc to send to entire congregation. Can copy someone's address to your clipboard for ease of sending letter/envelope to one person.

Cons

Hard to do a search for a group of people. Very complicated to get exact list of criteria to get the search results you want.

Ronnie V.

Endless Possibilities with this, no matter your size.

Pros

ACS is great if you need everything. They offer a lot, and have been around for a while, so they know the Church world. Their support is usually quick and knowledgable. You don't have to be an IT master to work with them as they walk you through everything you need.

Cons

They offer everything, sometimes it's better when a software focuses on just what You need not everything that raises costs and may end up bloating software.

ST

Sharon T.

Great company, outstanding customer service, excellent products

PROS - The best thing would have to be the company and the incredible employees that make up this company. The customer service and desire on behalf of the employees to help you accomplish your goals is superb! The products reflect the needs of and input from the end users. Products have changed over the years as churches changed how they do church. The company is incredibly responsive to customers...

PP

Phyllis P.

Love this program

I use mainly the People side of ACS and it is so helpful with keeping all of my groups together. Love this software.

Cons

Not the best software compared to others that are comparable.

I was able to do snail mailings from this software but only if it was a mass communication and not a more narrow piece.

Pros

I like the fact that it is easy to use at first glance. It is easy to log on and view information and to use the database entry pieces

Cons

I do not like the fact that you cannot sort out your database to a great degree. For example, you can add fields, but it is not easy to do and to then sort according to your added fields is not easy.

Used other for 2+ years

ACS

Pros

ACS is a software that just has worked for us. I have been here for 7 years now and the finance department has loved it the entire time I've been here.

Cons

We just switched from on-prem to on-demand and while we love the ability to use windows or Mac machines, we had to downgrade the number of people who could access it to stay within budget. The 5 usernames is a nice starting point but it was not deemed cost effective to add more users.

DT

Donna T.

Rating of ACS program for Episcopal Churches

I have used ACS for 16 years from DOS to Windows to Online based. Online was an awesome expansion! There was never down time (except for middle of the night maintenance) and it was always fast. Backups were never a worry. Customer Service was friendly, extremely helpful and patient. On site training was available at extra cost.

Pros

Customization. Online based. Does yearly Parochial Report and sends it to National Church. Parochial Report can be printed daily, weekly, monthly....as many times as you wish for internal reporting to Vestry or Rector. Access to training.

Cons

It can be pricey for smaller parishes/churches. Realm (for smaller parihes) is still young and needs tweaking. When you are used to the fuller ACS version, Realm can be a bit frustrating. Realm only recently had General Ledger talking to the Financial module.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Great for a small church

We wanted a way to integrate membership management and giving records. This afforded us that possibility.

Pros

The ease of use was great. First-time users were able to learn it quickly. Also, there are good instruction videos as well as customer call center. Able to meet our needs without stress

Cons

For a small church, the price could be a little cheaper per month or offer a multi-month discount

JW

Jeremy W.

Great at somethings

Like I said in the title ...there are certian things ASC does great...The G.L. is one of those...but out side of that there seem to be several competitors that are now out pacing ASC...Infact we will be moving away from thier people suite in the spring...

Pros

Great at the general ledger and a ton of flexible reporting

Cons

Ugly U.I. which sounds silly but makes it a lot harder to get the average user to engauge with Steep learning curve

DO

David O.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Not a good choice...

We made it work for us but it was very hard to make work. We spent a lot of time with their team trying to make it do what we wanted. After a couple of years, we abandoned it.

Pros

We used ACS for a number of years, not understanding that there were such better alternatives. It came with reccomendations that it was the choice of some larger churches we knew.

Cons

It is archaic. The user interface is hard to read and looks like something from the dark ages.

MC

Mike C.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Old software in need of an overhaul

Pros

It was a strong tool for us for quite some time.

Cons

The software hasn’t aged well. In an age of cloud and apps this software looks stuck in the 90’s

BH

Bob H.

Awesome Church Management Software

We have been using ACS software for over 14 years. It handles all of our church needs. I can recommend it to any church! It handles all of our financial and people needs.

Pros

ACS has a new version of their software that is called REALM. It is all online and extremely user friendly. They have online help for every aspect of the program.

Cons

The only con is the small learning curve to begin using.

WS

Wendy S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

ACS Technologies that we use for the Church is super easy

Pros

We are able to keep a complete database of members, associates, visitors and children. We are also able to keep track of tithes and offerings

Cons

Wish there was the ability to print pictures of people and then there name, so that if you don't know the person's name.

BL

Bob L.

Great Church Software Management

Pros

I like the way this software allows you to access other church members along with photographs to recognize individuals within the church. I currently am assigned the process of checking roll in our Sunday School class which I do on this software and submit without the need for paperwork.

Cons

I really haven't discovered anything negative with this software yet. However, having only used it for a about a year, I am still learning it.

Nicholas S.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Look elsewhere for a ministry database

Pros

There are several desirable features with this software. A primary one is the high amount of customization. However, this customization is only available to administrators and people with understanding of coding.

Cons

Immensely outdated and not functional. While using this software, I felt I put more work into using the software than actual results it gave. I would steer clear of this software if you're looking for a simple, user-friendly and intuitive experience.

FS

Francine S.

201-500 employees

ACS Technologies

Have been using ACS for 1 year now. Still learning how to best utilize the software. Especially enjoy the ability to track and communicate with the church family.

Pros

Able to easily track our members.

Cons

Freezes up and/or kicks me off the system randomly.

ACS is okay

Pros

The thing that I like most about this software is that it can hold a very large amount of data.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that it is not user friendly, it is difficult to figure out how to use.