GoFundMe Charity

Online social fundraising for nonprofits, companies & events

GoFundMe Charity Reviews

Pros

We enjoyed the ease of raising funds, how quickly and easily people can access the product. I enjoyed the ability to directly thank contributors.

Debbie K.

I have found this product quite easy and simple to use. It is a great software to help you stay updated with charities and donate to causes you believe in.

Audryn A.

Jason B.

Marie M.

Some countries may not be accepted so it can be frustrating at times.

mujib j.

I found it somewhat difficult to copy and paste the actual link into non gofundme generated emails. I got around it, but probably it's weakest area is "copy link.

Debbie K.

4.7

Easy to use crownfunding Platform

Pros

It's a completly platform you need to start a crownfunding donation. Go fund me support also give us step by step to make our campaign succesfull. All you need just follow the instruction then the campaign is published.

Cons

There is fees from donation and the fund will be refund to your backer if the campaign not sucessfull. And its only support 19 country in the world. So if you plan to start fundraiser make sure your campaign will be sucessfull.

Great for individual and team fundraising campaigns

At the end of the day, we decided to switch to Classy as it was a more integrated fundraising platform. Crowdrise didn't have enough general donation processing/management tools that we wanted in a fundraising platform.

Pros

We liked to use crowdrise for individual fundraising campaigns centered around 1 specific goal or event. Our fundraisers used it for raising money as they did a race, for a specific program, or for raising money to go on an international missions trip. It's great for college students to create peer to peer campaigns for example.

Cons

I did not like how this integrated with our website (or rather the lack thereof).

Gofundme

Pros

My best friend passed away & I set up a charity fund in order to get the money for her casket & this app made it so easy to do in my time of grieving

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this charity

Ok to start out

customer service is nice when you are paying for it, otherwise you are pretty much on your own and unable to customize much.

Pros

It is already set up and you can run it with ability to give to your cause. It works for our peer-to-peer fundraising for all our endurance events for now.

Cons

Trying to customize and link to partner systems becomes tricky since they want to promote and work on being an all in one system.

Great service.

Overall, I believe this is great resource it’s easy to donate funds.

Pros

I like this service. It’s a great way to bring awareness and to raise funds for various causes and people. I have supported a few causes using this platform.

Cons

I didn’t really like that some of the causes people were soliciting funds were frivolous in my opinion. However, you always have the option to keep scrolling! So, I did. I have heard that funds are returned to donors if the cause is fraudulent. So that makes me feel a lot better.

GoFundMe Charity Review

Overall I would recommend GoFundMe and love this product and what it stands for.

Pros

Cons

I have not encountered any issues with the software itself. At times I have heard of scams being placed on this to gather money for non charitable causes. However, that is not a software issue but user issue.

Perfect for Fundraising

Working with friends and neighbors in need and or looking for support

Pros

I like being able to search for ways to contribute to causes. Either people I know or sometime just randomly.

Cons

I honestly can't say anything negative. I have donated to many causes. My sister set one up for her son after an injury..

Fantastically easy way to raise money fir just about any cause!

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use this software. It has components which are recognizable and intuitive, making the system easy to use and manage. It’s simple and simplistic to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about this software.

GoFundMe is a non-profits dream

It was a positive one. As I said, their very helpful if you have trouble with anything on the platform, and it's a great way to help people.

Pros

The whole platform is helpful, as it's an easy way to help a charity raise money, and get people the help they need. Customer service is as well, though with a few bad eggs. It doesn't stop from using it again and again, though.

Cons

Customer service. Not every worker is rude, but there are a few bad eggs that will be extremely rude and unhelpful.

Bringing Hope to the community Uganda BHCU

Pros

Can't be hacked by other internet users and one may not see the donor apart from the administrator

Cons

Everything is good and ok keep it up because it's reliable

Crowdrise saved my life!

I have been a member of the crowdrise community for a few years now and the impact that I have been able to see is incredible. This is the only site that I trust to use and you really see the community of crowdrise in a positive light. The support is overwhelming and the change and response is instant. I will use crowdrise as long as I'm still living!

Pros

Cons

No cons!

FUNdraising

Pros

Our nonprofit uses CrowdRise for our largest fundraiser in the winter. Our supporters get to be involved in our fundraising and have their own space to do it. The tools that CrowdRise offers are easy to use and assist in soliciting donations from family and friends.

Cons

The CrowdRise layout seems to be constantly updating and changing, which is a good thing, but some users often get confused and have to reach out for help. Luckily, their customer support is amazing.

Amazing Customer Service

We have used Crowdrise the last couple of years for our 5k fundraising. I have to say, their customer service and account specialist teams go above and beyond to provide the best service possible. Whenever I need anything changed, edited, updated, etc., they are immediately on top of it and always send a confirmation when it is completed. Even when my account specialist is out of the office, they have a team ready to jump in to solve any problems. While they do have a platform without a monthly fee (just a % on transactions), I have found that upgrading to the Tre plan was well worth the minimal monthly fee. It lowers the % and you get an assigned account manager that is able to help customize your page however you need. They are a great team and are doing great work.

Cons

Crowdrise is amazing for funding

Pros

It was easy to use and send out our message to people.

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about here.

Crowdrise is wonderful

Pros

It was easy to set up a fund for our cause.

Cons

I do not have anything to complain about.

Set up several small fundraising activities for High School Groups.

Fast payment, easy to thank donors.

Pros

Super easy. Easy to upload photos and customize site to your needs. Sharing couldn't be simpler using social media or email. Great organiztion of donors as they come in.

Cons

Would like the ability to just make a pledge without actually paying. Sometime you just want to get pledge amounts and have the ability for donors to pay later.

Crowdrise Review

Pros

Crowdrise makes it easy to setup your own Gofundme page, and connecting with contacts is a breeze

Cons

Crowdrise does take a donor fee that's high enough that might turn off some donors to your Crowdrise page

Solid!!!! A great tool that integrates email, social media and a well thought out brand.

What sets crowdrise apart in my mind is how it helps the fundraiser create a temporary "brand". It's important when fundraising to be able to tell your story, both the story of your organization, but also your own personal story. Crowdrise is intuitive, and it is also fun. I absolutely love the idea of having t-shirts that cannot be purchased, only "achieved" by making a difference. I hope our organization uses crowdrise for our major fundraiser again next year. It has been a great improvement over the sites we have used for the past 7 years for our major fundraiser for the year. Without this fundraiser, we wouldn't be able to offer the services our non-profit organization provides. Thanks crowdrise! You Rock!!!!!

Crowdrise

Pros

My organization has been using crowdrise for the past 3-4 years for fundraising. In the past it was very easy to create our campaigns, upload pictures and videos as well as create team fundraisers. Each team was able to track their goals and reach the organization goal together.

Cons

Since crowdrise has been merged with gofundme, the interface has become less user friendly. Many of the options that were available before are now available if you updrade to their other plans.

Helps us tracking donations.

We use this product to help us track our donations and our donors.

Pros

This product helps us track and recognize our donors and their donations.

Cons

There is nothing I dont like about this product.

Best in class

GoFundMe is best in class in simple fundraising.

Pros

All the features you need to set up your fundraising website, ask for and manage donations, and access your donations for your mission are seamlessly integrated.

Cons

There were a few "donors" who were not donors but trying to reach the person who was in need for social reasons.

Peer-to-Peer Fundraising made easy

We ran several campaign using two celebrities that did a friendly competition to see who could raise more funds for their favorite causes.

Pros

I love Crowdrise, it used to be 100% free and its allowed you to do more then most other peer-to-peer crowd funding platforms allowed. Crowdrise allows your nonprofit to create a profile that allows your supporters to link to your fundraising or start their own.

Cons

Don't have anything negative to say about this wonderful software, its free and easy to use.

Go fund me Charity

Pros

It is easy to follow the on line installation that it was rather easy to follow.

Cons

We really did not find anything to difficult to figure out

Focusing more on the well-off doesn't encourage the development of others

Poor and disappointed, being my first experience I was somehow discouraged to join another one until a friend reffered me to givingway.

Pros

The soft ware is good they are broad in service but limited in coverage and no need to serve those without dollars and those with no account in Canada and USA

Cons

As if they were running business for profit

GoFundMe!

Pros

It was easy to set up and access. Deposits were clearly marked when they came through the bank. Easy to read dashboard.

Cons

I found it somewhat difficult to copy and paste the actual link into non gofundme generated emails. I got around it, but probably it's weakest area is "copy link". It doesn't set up as a hyperlink in emails.