GroovePacker

Barcode inventory control & scan pack quality control system

GroovePacker Reviews

4.7

How would you rate GroovePacker?

MR

Kristina J.

TT

Tom T.

GroovePacker

GroovePacker allows my company to ship out many orders for many different company without worrying about duplicates or mistakes in inventory. If you have already scanned an order, it will tell you that it has already been scanned and you can not proceed with shipping anything. If you grab the wrong product for an order and try to scan it in, a buzzer will sound to let you know you are trying to enter in a wrong product, and it will not proceed from there.

Pros

GroovePacker is very easy to use. It shows you all the orders that you have, as well as the ones that have shipped. It is an awesome safeguard against sending out multiple orders, so it saves time and money from mistakes.

Cons

Sometimes the software is a little glichy, but once it is fixed, it works like a charm.

Where has this app been hiding all my life

Highly recommend setup in my opinion was very simple anyone with excel spreadsheets of there product will have this up and running in no time. I dont know where this app has been hiding but they need more exposure because this beats the socks off any other quality control I've seen. Tech support was always prompt with knowledgeable and clear cut responses to my questions and were more than helpful when setting up some more advanced features after becoming comfortable with the software. Dont let the initial charge scare you away you will more than make up the initial investment when your shipping errors go down. On top of that you dont risk any unhappy customers

Pros

This is by far the easiest bar code scanning software I have used to date. I can now have my inventory controlled by a 3rd party software, my shipping done with ship station, and now order quality control done with style utilizing Groove packer. Has a very nice bar coding feature which allowed me to dump the clunky outdated inventory system I was on and utilize this for bar coding and Quality control. Favorite part was being able to split order in ship station prior to groove packer uploading the order so I didn't have to deal with dropship items mixed in with my locally housed items. This was my biggest complaint with skuvault which we were on before this app came along.

Cons

I would love to see a little more integration with the ship station chrome plugin so it would automatically pop back in forth between orders but this app works wonderful with my favorite shipping app ship station. IT was lacking a scanning software and this works wonderfully. I actually love the fact that I have more control over my orders because I or my management will approve the orders via ship station before tagging them to be uploaded to Groovepacker.

Great solution, please fix interface.

We needed to make sure the correct items were being scanned and shipped and it was a good solution to confirm that. It used to have slow import times but that was fixed and after that the only issues we had were directly with barcode scans or product/kit implementation. Overall is was good.

Pros

Easy to use, solved our main issue and great customer service

Cons

outdated interface and constant discrepancies/ issues

Hi Anna, I do remember our calls troubleshooting new kits that were not set up. Our system does require the items in the kits to be associated with the kit before they can be scanned. This requires that new kits be created prior to scanning the orders that contain them. Fortunately, this is possible in most workflows we see, but I'm sorry that it presented a recurring issue for your team. We are always on the lookout for ways to further streamline kitting as it is something many of our customers make use of. Regarding the UI update, we have been working on that and we have a new scanning engine and UI rolling out soon that works great on mobile as well as desktop.

We didn't use it to its full potential so I can't comment on all the features, but for scanning for picking/packing orders, it worked for our purpose (of daily fulfillment of hundreds of orders)

Pros

It worked most of the time, good customer support when problems happened

Cons

It sometimes would have a problem (but as mentioned in the "pros" field, the Groovepacker team would fix things relatively quick

Groove Packer Review

GP served us well. It took us from shipping the wrong item to 30% of our customers to shipping the right item to 100% of our customers. For years! We have grown to the point where a 3PL is needed now. Dan and GP supported and accommodated us during our ups and downs faithfully during our growth.

Pros

The scan and pack feature is critical to successful shipping. It has the ability to auto import products and barcodes from orders (ShipStation for us) and rapidly allowing us to start scanning and packing. GP does not allow for failure-if an order is not scanned correctly for the items in the order, GP will not close the order. Highly customizable with in depth and versatile features yet intuitively easy to understand and use. Their key ability to create an alias for a sku/barcode saved us on multiple occasions. Support for GP is by email with rapid response. In the midst of shipping 2000 orders, GP support was emailed, responded and resolved our issue immediately. (It was us and not GP!)

Cons

Virtually nothing.I know it's hard to believe, but I did not find one aspect of the software not likable.

Best Software for Order Checking

Pros

This is one of the most well thought out software products I have ever implemented. Feature set, speed and stability are all excellent. Implementation was fast and the product support team is fantastic. The "video game" style interface is quickly adopted by new employees.

Cons

There is no native interface with our eCommerce / shipping software solution (Nexternal), so we have to jump through more hoops than we would like to get data into GroovePacker.

Invaluable tool for ecommerce shipping

The customer service was great and overall the system worked out very well for us for 2 years. However, since there was no direct api connection with our POS system or ChannelAdvisor made it harder to scale our business. I would definitely recommend it for anyone starting out or who has the time/money to create their own API connections if one isn't provided.

Pros

The ability to quality check out packages before shipping to the customer.

Cons

The lack of existing api connections with other ecommerce related systems.

I can't believe it's that good!

so far, it's the best experience we had with a sotfware company!

Pros

It's so easy to set up, and it's a lot of help online if you need more support. Also customer service is very responsive and provides all type of support to help you with any issues. We have been using it for a week now and the staff loves it. Creating bundles (kit) is super easy and a great feature because we fulfill orders for a lot of online sellers who have bundles that are not set up as properly on their websites.

Cons

I would love to have a Put Away feature to scan the products location easily (scan product SKU then scan location, then scan next product sku then location, back to back without having to click anything) and have the locations updated in Shipstation from Groove Packer.

Used in Conjunction with Shipstation

Overall, the barcode scan validator was a gamechanger for my order fulfillment team. It decreased misships and helped improve inventory accuracy. This also meant we had less frustrated customers contacting us because they were shipped the wrong order. So a win for customer service as well. Would recommend to anyone looking to solve inventory accuracy issues within their warehouse.

Pros

Barcode validator! Helped increase our packing accuracy significantly. And it worked well in conjunction with ShipStation.

Cons

Not much visibility in the dashboard, and it took a while to test and set up.

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

Easy to setup and use and really great customer service. I wish more companies had this level of service.

Cons

There were some glitches along the way but customer service was so responsive I wouldn't count it as a Con.

Fast, accurate, easy to use, easy edit, easy upload

Elimination of errors and the huge return costs and bad customer service they create. Allow the shipping clerk to relax because GroovePacker does the checking.

Pros

They have really thought of all the angles to prevent shipping errors. The software is very fast and very accurate. The customer rep was able to handle every odd thing we do like reverse order lookup by SKU. Rep was excellent with setup and support. I highly recommend GroovePacker

Great platform!

Groovepacker works very well for us. Would definitely recommend!

Pros

Very easy to integrate and use. Customizable to fit our needs.

Cons

Nothing really. Does exactly what was expected.

Groovepacker solves the problem of packing accuracy for ecommerce SMBs

Pros

This web app integrates well with Shipstation and the Groovepacker team offers lightning fast, very friendly support. Most importantly, it does exactly what it's supposed to do very well: packing accuracy. The audio feedback cues for a successfully scanned order or packing error have made our process so simple that you don't even have to look at the screen to know an order is good to go. When you're packing a lot, that's meaningful! Because it accomplishes it's main job very effectively, I highly recommend this application.

Cons

The UI can be a little bit laggy and unintuitive. The price isn't a wonderful value proposition but there aren't a lot of alternatives.

The Best

Pros

The software has greatly reduced the mistakes in my shipping department.

Cons

There were none that I can think of. I loved it

Wow! GroovePacker delivers!

Love it and our staff find it very easy to use. The customer service was well above what I expected. The GroovePacker team was always quick to reply if I had a question. Very professional!

Pros

Very easy to use and above and beyond customer service! The GroovePacker team genuinely cared and took the time to ensure a seamless setup. They were also there to answer any questions I had.

Cons

Pretty much a solid piece of software...no complaints.

Great Packing & Warehouse Software

This is by far the best software that I have seen in terms of Quality Control when packers and shippers have to scan labels and make sure they have the correct items in each box. The software gives pictures when scanning and the layout if perfect and clear. It also makes sounds so that if your on the other side of the warehouse you will know if you scanned something wrong. We had some things that we needed for us and they customized the software for us for a low price and quick turnaround. I dont think they ever took longer than 5-6 hours to respond to my messages, even on weekends!!!! Thats dedication. I appreciate you guys and hope to see your future developments.

Cons

Thank you for your excellent review! Nothing is more motivating! :)

Best Barcode Verification Tool to ensure shipment accuracy

I've been searching a barcode verification tool ( cheap, easy to use, and can integration with other popular software ) for a while and stumbled upon GroovePacker. After first try, we know this is by far the best tool out there that does one simple function ( barcode verification ) and does it beautifully. The guys behind the software really knows the nitty gritty of running a business and pick/pack/ship operations. They build features that seems trivial but end up saving you a lot of time with much improved accuracy. If you are running a small/mid-size retail business, and need a way to ensure pick/pack/ship quality ( no more ordered A, shipped B ), look no further.

Cons

Top Notch all the way around!

We had been using another program ( at a much higher price ) at it totally ruined our inventory and shipping accuracy. From day one groovepacker got us back on track and I can not be happier. Any time we have an issue they are top of it immediately! I would recommend these guys to anyone!!

Cons

Thanks Jeff! You guys are awesome!