PowerDMS Logo

One platform to manage your workforce cycle

PowerDMS Reviews

Suggested alternatives

doctract
qt9-quality-management
mastercontrol

Great platform that has helped and will continue to help our organization improve and become accredited.
I am very happy with the service and the customer support is the best I have ever had. Keep up the good work PowerDMS.
It is great for getting out training to employees and more convenient for them. I really like how it puts information at the fingertips of employees no matter where they are.
The downside is that in order to maximize the tools provided, it takes time.
Lack of IT help for moving files. Inability to print more than 1 page.
There is no middle ground for PowerDMS Administrators. I can't tell you how many times my session wants to timeout as I am in the middle of loading a proof.

JA

Jason A.

Commander

Great system for policy management, workflows, and training documentation

Transcript

Jason: Hi. My name is Jason. I am a lieutenant. I give PowerDMS a five out of five. For more reviews...

AC

Aaron C.

Chief of Police

Police Management and Accreditation

Transcript

Aaron: Hi, I'm Aaron and I'm a police chief and I give PowerDMS a five out of five stars. Our agency...

Erin C.

My experience has been excellent thus far. Makes my job managing accreditation exponentially easier

Pros

The was document management blends seamlessly into accreditation management is a huge benefit to me. I can easily update my accreditation assessment when policies and forms are revised. The software tells you which documents are used to proof which standards, and when those documents have been revised and need to updated in the accreditation assessment.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives. The company is extremely open to customer feedback and is continually adding features that I and others have recommended. I have participated in several usability sessions with the development team. They are awesome. Their training and support teams are top notch too!

KL

Kimberly L.

Interest in new packages

A useful tool, in lieu of microfiche

Pros

Document storage and tracking training.

Cons

I really do not have a comment on that because it works well for us

TC

Tennie C.

I like the program

Pros

The program is okay. I like that people can go in and see the documents that they have and sign for their stuff to show proof. They did look at a document.

Cons

When I go to signature and print off who sign their documents a lot of times it doesn't show that person sign for their stuff, but if I go in that person name it will show they have sign for their documents. It is weird at times

MD

Michael D.

powerDMS For the Win

Pros

Top tier product that totally makes accreditation a breeze and all things law enforcement easier.

Cons

There would be no instances where I did not like least about it.

JC

John C.

Training

Great. Been an Admin for 10 years

Pros

Ease of use and ability to use it for training and store policy

Cons

Need better analysis in the analytical areas for better report running

DZ

Denise Z.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

Pros

The accessibility for officers to retrieve their documentation and for them to review General Orders

Cons

Not having a toggle between user and admin

BP

Belinda P.

PowerDMS

Great product, to manage policy and accreditation

Pros

Great product, to manage policy and accreditation

Cons

Nothing, great product and value for compliance

ks

karen s.

PowerDMS for Law Enforcement

Very good

Pros

Accreditation and policy and ease of training

Cons

Some features need improvement such as uploading several documents at once

CC

Cheryl C.

Accreditation manager review

Assessment

Pros

The CALEA assessment is easy to maintain

Cons

None. Everything is good. I can always get help.

AC

Aj C.

Power Review

I think the product is amazing

Pros

Ease of use. The product is very user friendly

Cons

Some of the end user functions are very limited

Great web-based software to manage policies, documents, forms, and training. Free mobile app.

This software got us better organized, especially in the area of our policy manual. Prior to discovering PowerDMS, we used a printed policy manual for each officer. When policies were updated or added, copies had to be printed for every officer and they were responsible to remove the old policy from their manual and replace it with the new copy. Nobody every knew if they had the most current version....

Pros

PowerDMS is a very powerful program that saves time. It is easy to search for and find exactly what you are looking for. I would recommend this to any law enforcement agency looking to better manage their policy manual, forms, and track their training. We even use PowerDMS to conduct training in certain areas. They system can be set up to annually send out a reminder that training is needed in...

ST

September T.

Law Enforcement, 501-1,000 employees

We've been a customer for 7 years and have the entire suite. This has been the best purchase for us.

PowerDMS is the ultimate document management system. It holds your policies (to include modifications and revisions), training records, surveys, courses, and tests. The software is user-friendly and allows myself and coworkers to manage our department's records on a daily basis.

Pros

The software is user-friendly and it's easy to manage. Our most favorite feature isn't necessarily the software, it's the customer service. If I or a coworker has questions our questions are answered promptly with a professional and polite response. We are never "rushed" along and do not feel like a number. I will also tell you in my experience that the development team actually listens and implements your department's ideas. PowerDMS is constantly improving the software features to accommodate the customer's needs and in today's world, this level of service is rare. We look forward to working with PowerDMS for many years to come.

Cons

The training module works great but we would like to see more development in this area. We would eventually like to move from the current system we are using and make PowerDMS our primary management system for training records.

JA

Jason A.

Great system for policy management, workflows, and training documentation

We have been using the programs for quite some time. This is really been a game changer for our department and ensures that we get timely information to all of our employees.

Pros

Easy to use and manage. This is a much needed program to manage policies, reference manuals, and important documents.

Cons

Mobile version needs improvement. I also wish the program would speak with Google calendar so that sign ups would transfer over.

SR

Scott R.

Streamling and Enhancing Your Filing System

Power DMS was initially purchased to manage our police deparment's rules and regulations, policies and procedures, standing orders, etc. However, our department has expanded our data base to help staff in the field to perform their job with greater easy. Maps and floor plans of local businesses were uploaded to the system for officers to have immediate review. Street listings, training documents, regional broadcasts, and other documents are easily assessable with the Power DMS system. As the training supervisor and accreditation manager, lesson plans and training records are uploaded as well as equipment inspections and maintenance logs. These documents are so valuable for the accreditation process. Power DMS has become a neccessary need for this accreditation manager.

Pros

The product is easy to access, user friendly, and flexible.

Cons

I have experienced the system working very slow in the late evening hours. I assume that Power DMS is working or changing the software system to account for the lag. Overall, the software system does work efficiently most of the time.

KR

Kevin R.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

PowerDMS is a Document Managers best friend!

The Novi Police Department began using PowerDMS in July of 2014 to help us through our accreditation process with CALEA. Since that time, we have experienced several benefits from the system, including having all of our agency policies, forms and documents in an electronic format for all agency employees. The reporting tool in PowerDMS allows us to hold our employees accountable for the policies that...

Pros

Very user friendly and allows us to make a lot of our document management paper-free!

Cons

Nothing

BW

BK W.

Law Enforcement, 501-1,000 employees

The platform is easily navigable and customer support is fantastic!

managing our assessment files, documents and training

Pros

The usability and navigability of the platform, if I discover something that could make it more user friendly or better serve our needs, the PowerDMS team investigates and considers the suggestion. PowerDMS help team is fantastic also. PowerDMS staff makes themselves available, who are quick to respond and assist with any questions, concerns, or suggestions. PowerDMS from my perspective seems to strive for a valuable relationship with its subscribers.

Cons

I'm inclined to say more of an issue with our server or firewall rather than PowerDMS, but occasional frustrations with slow response or stalled pages. When PowerDMS was with us on training, they linked into their mobile wi-fi "hotspot" and had no issues.

SE

Stephanie E.

Customer Service is NOT Dead

Accountability, ease of training, records of training, certification tracking, overall notifications that are then signed for and now that person who received the notification is accountable.

Pros

They listen to their customers and are always improving the product and what it can do to help us in our daily work tasks. The employees strive for excellence. They take pride in their work and the product that is turned out shows.

Cons

The only thing I can come up with is if there is a current "bug" in the software it may be helpful to put the message out that they are aware and working on it. If the customer thinks it is on their end time may be wasted. But the "bugs" that do come up are usually very minor and do not inhibit the work that needs to be done.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Great way to easily share documents

Great way to share documents with employees who are out in the field and to reduce hard copies.

Pros

We use Power DMS to push documents out to employees in our police department. As the majority of those are patrol officers who do not have an office or a desktop computer, but rather work out of their patrol cars and mobile computers, it can be challenging to ensure they receive required documents. This software allows us to push it out to their mobile computers and we can verify that they've received it by requiring their acknowledgement.

Cons

We really haven't had any problems with this software and would not hesitate to recommend it. We've successfully used for a long time.

JP

Jose P.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

Transformative

Everything is one place and it's digital and everyone with my department can come and log in and get all of the information in one place.

Pros

All policies, procedures, guidelines, training, certificates, forms, memorandums and open records requests are all in one place. Major reduction in paper and ink usage. Can hold employees accountable. Extremely easy to update documents and notify other employees of changes. Workflow feature makes it so much easier to get feedback from everyone involved.

Cons

That is can't upload documents and information by osmosis. I've been using the software for a while now and I really can't think of a single thing which I don't like about it.

LS

Lori S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

LOVE POWERDMS

PowerDMS has been a great tool for our agency. It is helped us organize our policies and streamline our audit process. It has been an essential green initiative in our agency to go paperless. We have yet to fully explore all PowerDMS can offer our agency so I am sure that there is a lot more for us to experience once we divulge.

Pros

The customer service is great and the audit tool (assessments) have helped simplify my job. Less paper, easier, for our auditor and for locating information and policy updates.

Cons

Some of the functions do not work as efficiently as they could with our agency intentions. I would love to see more roles in Assessments options or the option to assign to a specific user and not a group.

Marisha S.

PowerDMS makes my life so much easier.

This software is beneficial to our company by stream-lining our policy process. The turn-around time from when a policy is written, goes through an approval process, and is sent to staff to review can be as little as one day.

Pros

The software is great at keeping all of our policies, newsletters, and training organized. It's structured, but there's freedom to really customize it in a way that makes sense to each individual company. It's easy to run reports to see if everyone has signed off on a policy or test. It allows us to prepare for future accreditation surveys well in advance.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve. It takes some time to fully understand how everything fits together. To help with this though, a consultant comes along side you until they feel you understand it enough to be on your own. They also have a lot of resources (webinars, reading material, videos, a chat feature that you can talk with a representative, and more) to help with any questions or problems that may arise.

TP

Tanya P.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

PowerDMS has some of the best customer service I have ever experienced.

This product makes my job easier and makes me more efficient at getting necessary information out.

Pros

This software make distributing documents and securing signatures from recipients flawless. It cuts down on printing but provides a detailed and accurate paper trail for my job. Additionally with the constant upgrades, the company is improving the product based on user requests. If you ask for a feature, they explore the options and typically include recommendations in their upgrades/updates. They listen to their customers and work with them to provide exactly what is needed.

BB

Buck B.

We have used PowerDMS for more than eight years now and would not have it any other way.

Pros

Extremely ease of use. Our department started with CALEA using PowerDMS instead of the old Case system and from the horror stories I've heard about Case and sending files off-site I could not imagine how hard the accreditation was for other agencies.

Cons

What I like least about PowerDMS is when you upload a new file they system takes you back to the document instead of back to the "Manage Document" tab. After I upload a document I still need to put in a signature due date or may have to assign to other groups. It would be nice to stay in this tab after the upload.

DP

Denise P.

LOVE my PowerDMS!

I became my agency's Accreditation Manager in January of 2016. All of my PowerDMS knowledge was self-taught. As I have learned the program, and had training on DMS along with MANY calls to the support team, I do not know how I could do my job without PowerDMS! Initially we used DMS to post documents, training bulletins and surveys, basically to memorialize our employee's acknowledgment of those...

KS

Kathy S.

Fantabulous product

Pros

It is fairly easy to set up users (I always make sure to enter hire dates - this feature has been very useful when going back to find employees no longer working for us). Also, I love being able to set a user with a termination date of use, so I don't have to remember to go back in to "deactivate" the user. The ease of uploading documents could not be more simple.

Cons

The only thing I seem to have a problem with is the highlighting feature. Highlighting phrases within a document can be a little difficult , but can be done.