ServMan Reviews

ServMan

Web based enterprise management and accounting system

4.29/5 (35 reviews)

Pros
  • Ve been using Servman software since 2005 and am very happy with the product. Rich, Bill, Robert, and the entire team at Servman are great to work with.Matthew W.Read the full review
  • System is very robust, most screens are user-friendly. Great integration between modules and reporting capabilities.Julie W.Read the full review
  • We like the fact that we can add our own features, create our own reports, etc. We appreciate the strong accounting functions and the easy audit trail.Kathy S.Read the full review
Cons
  • The lack of follow through is very frustrating. We migrated our credit card services with Payzer and we have had problems that have not been addressed.Missy M.Read the full review
  • Reports are on the weak side. Contract management and marketing sources are very weak.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Training classes are expensive and customizations can be difficult.Jennifer S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jill Talty

Great software for now and as you grow your business. We shouldn't need to hire anyone else!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Many benefits, for example the dispatching was a huge benefit for us since we are in the service business. You can move jobs around with ease. Marketing reports has been very helpful for us. I need you learn more about this tool but so far the way I am using it has been helpful. We are moving forward with implementing coaching and tracking. We are so looking forward to using this tool.

Pros
The reports that we can access are great and accurate. You decide the areas within the software that your employees have access. ServMan support is excellent! They always have someone to help you when you need it.

Cons
There is a learning curve with using the software in the beginning.

Scott Schneider

Very happy w/ ServMan. A lot of functionality & robust. Very few probs, but great support if prob

Reviewed 2017-08-05

increased efficiency

Pros
We like the schedule board and integrated equipment tracking. Both of these functions have improved our efficiency.

Cons
The android app is good, but I see areas of improvement in Servman Mobile. Wish it would be more robust relative to connectivity and quicker downloads - especially when pushing w/o's with images. We would love to see a field dispatcher app with the ability to see the schedule board and create W/O's in the field with more details.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

MIA SHAW

I WISH I WAS HERE WHEN SERVMAN WAS FIRST SET UP.

Reviewed 2017-07-27

WOW WHERE DO I START, THIS IS AN EXCELLENT PROGRAM FOR DISPATCHING AND SERVICE.

Pros
PROGRAM DOES ALOT AS LONG AS YOU UTILIZE SERVMAN. TRYING TO GO BACK AND CHANGE DIFFERENT AREA'S AND TRAIN EXISITING STAFF HAS BEEN VERY TIME CONSUMING.

Cons
LEARNING WHAT TO UTILIZE IN SERVMAN TO HELP US IN OUR BUSINESS OPERATIONS. I WISH THE REPORTS WERE MORE USER FRIENDLY SO WE COULD CUSTOMIZE REPORTS TO SHOW EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT ONLY.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Missy Markely

I like the software but training could be better.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
Easy to use, very comprehensive and detailed. There are many great features and sometimes it seems we aren't utilizing all there is.

Cons
The lack of follow through is very frustrating. We migrated our credit card services with Payzer and we have had problems that have not been addressed. That is the reason for the low customer support rating.

Karen Martin

ServMan keeps our team organized and business flowing in our door. It's like a revenue generator!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

It allowed me to have a minute by minute view of my business. It like management autopilot. My team is more organized and I get all the information I need all the time!

Pros
Everything is in it's place. They customized it to our company and made some suggestions that made our team work smarter with less work keeping track of things

Cons
I wish it had a prettier look and feel but boy does it get the job done! They did an amazing job training my team with minimum disruption.

Rebecca Morales

ServMan Review

Reviewed 2011-06-03

ServMan has proven to be a useful system for managing Sales leads and Installation jobs in the Service sector. It was easy to implement and quick for users to pick up, insuring a seamless transition from our older system to ServMan. ServMan offers a wide range of features, and has been essential in providing all departments with access and visibility to customer orders at the click of the button, while at the same time allowing administrators to modify and limit settings for users based on their job role. Customer service and resolution timeframe have been excellent.

Pros
*Very easy system to implement into an organization. *User friendly, with excellent and timely customer service. Few issues in the past 7 years of use, and in all instances resolved within a 24-hour timeframe. *Robust modules allow visability across all aspects of the business and allow for information to be easily found and conveyed to customers. *Great scheduling boards and capabilities for Service related fields.

Cons
* Report customization can be tricky, even with the support classes, unless you have a user extremely well versed in Crystal Reports. *Would like to see more e-based items that would allow easier communication with our customer base for appointments, installs and accounting related items.

Anonymous

Good Software

Reviewed 2018-11-02

overall the experience has been positive.

Pros
ServMan has a good accounting package and is very good customization.

Cons
Reports are on the weak side. contract management and marketing sources are very weak.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jennifer Shannahan

Servman Customer Support is outstanding overall!!

Reviewed 2017-07-31

Pros
ERP functionality highlighted by efficient modular design. Good accounting program and robust purchasing module for tracking inventory. Mobile apps available for field technicians.

Cons
User Interface needs improvement. Training classes are expensive and customizations can be difficult. Help Files are in need of major improvements as many topics are not covered and very few videos are available. Module used for Quotes is very basic.

Cynthia Bawek

Cube Six ServMan

Reviewed 2011-08-02

Having been through several other programs before lucking into ServMan, I can tell you that you've found what you're looking for. Save yourself some money and trouble. . .start here first. You'll never look back.

Pros
ServMan represents a fully integrated product that allows us to link all aspects of managing our business. General Accounting, Scheduling, Work Orders, Purchasing, Inventory, Customer Data Base, Quotes, Payroll, and Sales all link together to give us total control of, and instant access to, the information needed to make the hundreds of daily decisions required in the management of any business. I do not believe that Under/Comm, Inc. would be the successfull company we are today without the use of ServMan. ServMan has allowed us to quickly identify and follow trends. In an industry where weeks can make huge differences in technology, ServMan has helped put us on the leading edge of our industry and ahead of our competitors.

Cons
To date, we haven't found any. ServMan fits us perfectly.

Barry Murphy

Implemented SM into a previous business (Drainage services) in the UK, proved very easy to implement

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-08-02

Increased bottom line profitability of the Business by approx 3% nearly immediately after implementation.

Pros
Overall functionality is very impressive. Compared to other products here in the UK, Sm is streets ahead.

Cons
Lack of support for Multi currency. Currently SM doesnt support Multi Currency which would be useful to offer in the European Marketplace

Cliff Wallman

Great Product with Great Support and Trainng

Reviewed 2011-06-02

Would highly recommend the Servman Software to any service-based business that is looking for an easy to use and feature rich client management and invoicing software product.

Pros
Servman has been a great improvement from previous client management and billing programs we used previously in our 25-year old restaurant service business. They thoroughly explained and walked our management and staff through everything to expect prior to and during the transition, and provided plenty of training and support to get us up and running smoothly. The staff is very eager to help us with any issues that come up, and always suggest various approaches to better utilize the program features in our business.

Cons
Not specifically designed for a recurring route-based business such as ours.

Richard Lotstein

Executive Vice President

Reviewed 2011-05-26

I would highly recommend the product.

Pros
Servman has been a pleasure to work with. The initial installation was well planned and was a smooth transition. We have found customer service to be very responsive and helpful in getting any issues or questions taken care of quickly. It seems besides getting my issue solved I always come away with at least one way to better utilize the software. We recently had Matt Fisher from Servman on site to help us better utilize different parts of the software. Again, it was a well planned visit and everything was well documented for us to review once he was gone. I have also attended several of the webinars they put on and found them to be helpful .

Cons
We have had very few issues to speak of.

Julie Wieman

Review 5/26/11

Reviewed 2011-05-26

Coming from two fully integrated accounting systems, ServMan does work well at this point, but could still use tweaks in many areas.

Pros
System is very robust, most screens are user-friendly. Great integration between modules and reporting capabilities. PO integration to A/P very strong.

Cons
Lacking consistency between modules as far as cursor locations, requirements for immediate entry or having to grab the mouse, tab key, etc. Lot of little glitches still with things having to be checked vs. system default, ie, use/sales tax options. Flat rate book only prints in Landscape mode, not Portrait (created twice the size of book). Restocking features are smart, but very cumbersome & time consuming. Departmentalization is too extreme in G/L, could achieve some of the intention of G/L coding by utilizing Work Types better. Would like easier self-customization of screens, ie, Service Call-taking screens are too involved, too many, time consuming, missing pertienent information. There is very basic information that should be available already, without always being "quoted a price" to get it in there. There is still a ton to learn that we haven't even seen yet, still trying to smooth things out to have full confidence after 4 months.

NASIR ABD AL-BAQI

ServMan is Software for Your Company

Reviewed 2011-05-27

I would recommend ServMan to anyone who has a need for customizable software that just WORKS! The staff at ServMan are fantastic to work with. As a customer I get the feeling that no matter how complicated the problem, CubeSix will find a solution.

Pros
One of the best things that our organization enjoys is the ability to customize the software. The specialized nature of our business gave CubeSix the opportunity to show us the real power of the ServMan product and we are very pleased with the results. The support is second to none. There is nothing like being able to get a live person on the phone when you are having an issue. Most problems are usualy resolved in one phone call.

Cons
There are no cons that I would comment on.

Robert Gauthier

Long time ServMan user

Reviewed 2011-05-26

A great product, great people. Certainly a very good choice for small to medium size service businesses.

Pros
Has meet our needs as we have grown. Their pricing is fair and we like the fact that it is pay to play rather then a lot of upfront expense and re-purchase for upgrades. The product is fairly adaptable and easy to customize to meet individual needs. Great product for field service and scheduling. Good people to deal with. Very accessible and understanding.

Cons
Could do a better job of keeping users informed of improvements and new functionality. Sometimes a bit slow on project completion when they are busy due to what appears to be staffing limits. General support is very good and responsive.

Frank Maccia

SERVMAN is our primary ERP used to run our business

Reviewed 2015-08-24

We use the system to support our warehouse/supply chain, dispatch, customer service, finance and general business functions. It enables an end to end view of our operations and provides us with sound and capable functionality for our operation. At times SERVMAN appears to be a little cumbersome or has the look and feel of a "legacy" type tool but that can be overcome with more user training and/or better familiarity with the tool layout and design. The SERVMAN staff is forward thinking, supportive, flexible and responsive. A relatively small company in SERVMAN, yet they possess the leadership and vision to operate as a large scale software manufacturer, which in turn positions us to have a long term and productive relationship.

Kathy Straus

Servman comments

Reviewed 2011-05-27

Overall I would recommend the product to others.

Pros
We like the fact that we can add our own features, create our own reports, etc. We appreciate the strong accounting functions and the easy audit trail. Overall, I think it is a strong software package. Servman Mobile has been a valuable tool for our technicians.

Cons
Some of the support technicians are excellent while others seem less than enthusiastic and less knowledgeable of the basic product. At times the system seems to bog down (run slow) when we have a lot of users running reports, creating work tickets, moving inventory, invoicing, etc.

Patrick Conforti

Superb Software

Reviewed 2011-05-26

We have been using Servman since 1999. Whenever there is a new procedure or business process I need to implement, Servman stands ready to add the customization immediately. I was told in the beginning that if I could write what I wanted on paper, it could be done and I thought "No way, they are just trying to make the sale". I was wrong! The Servman Mobile Module alone has saved us an enormous amount of money as we are virtually paperless. Our annual sales have grown from $3 million in 1999 to over $30 million today and we owe a portion of that growth to Servman. I am proud to be a Servman client.

Pros
Ability to customize Features and modules always growing Support Stability

Cons
None worth mentioning

Kathy Straus

Servman provided us with a customizable totally integrated software solution.

Reviewed 2015-08-20

There are 2 things that I like most about Servman: (1) It can be customized by our programmers (or Servman) to fit the way that we do business, and all of the reports are created in Crystal Reports, so we can create our own reports or modify standard reports using the developer version of Crystal. (2) It is totally integrated with the general ledger. (We didn't have to purchase a separate accounting package or resort to Quick Books.) One of the things that we don't like about Servman, is that it uses remote desktop. It would be nice if it was internet based. But, overall, it is a great product and one that we have been using for 10 years.

William Vowteras

Easy to use, covers a great deal efficiently,,, we still have accounting questions.

Reviewed 2015-08-20

Ease of use, not hard to train a new employee. Most of the work does not take more than a couple of clicks to receive an answer to a search. I wish they all would only take a couple of clicks. Reliable up time. They have a very good support structure and two of my favorite vendor employees(of the 100 or so we deal with) work at Servman. The con, we still have questions about the accounting side. We are about to use them for our CRM, so we are anxious about how that result will be. I'm not familiar with Chrystal Reports, so I think I'm missing out on some good functions and efficiencies..

Eric Bergman

Awesome Company!

Reviewed 2011-05-27

I would recommend Servman to anyone wanting to have a top rated company help you achieve your service software needs.You can count on them to be there whenever you need them!

Pros
Absolutely have been happy with the service and software from Servman ! I have never heard the words "No we cant do that!" They have always performed above and beyond my expectations in the way they support the software and work with me to deliver outstanding service to my clients. Thanks !!

Cons
I can not think of a time when the service and support was not awesome!

Sheldon Santiago

Powerful software

Reviewed 2011-05-27

I would recommend this product to other companies in the future.

Pros
Just the fact that we were able to integrate with our HTE system, is huge. The ability to read and write to/from this system has been a huge benefit to our company. Overall a very professional experience working with the company and the project team that handled our implementation.

Cons
The only thing I can say that may be a con would be the default reports are a bit cluttered. I'm sure with customizing it would be perfect.

C Keeler

C Keeler

Reviewed 2011-05-26

would recomend this to any size company.

Pros
We looked at a lot of products and had been on one that said it could be customized, but really could not. We found that Servman was the only software that fit all our needs. It allowed us to make customizations that fit our company and this allows us to better serve our customers . Everyone at Servman has been great to work . The product did what they said it would do and still does.

Cons
we have no cons with this product

Elise Teasdale

ServMan Review

Reviewed 2011-05-26

I would definitely recommend this software to any service based business. Coupled with superior customer service - you can't go wrong.

Pros
Customer service is outstanding. Software is very user friendly and logical. I love the flexibility. Great integration between scheduling/dispatch and accounting.

Cons
I wish I knew Crystal Reporting because I would be able to do a little more on my own instead of relying on ServMan so much.

Richard W. Williams III Williams

Servman is probably the most technoligically advanced system on the market.

Reviewed 2011-05-26

I recomend the system highly and will be implimenting it into other business transactions.

Pros
Love the schedualing, inventory and up to date financial reports.

Cons
Would like to see some type of spell check in the notes fields. Would like to see the accounting a little more intuitive. The mapping software interface with mapoint needs some attention the optimization charachteristics are week.