All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

The Service Program

QuickBooks add-on for handling service company management

The Service Program Reviews

Pros

Syncs well with QuickBooks, easy to use interface, good mobile app, friendly technical support, excellent price.

Mel W.

Read the full review
This software makes our job easy, also the technical support is outstanding.

Robin B.

Read the full review
When notifying tech support through the software they would respond within minutes and conduct the updates for me immediately. This is an outstanding product and a first class tech company.

jeff f.

Read the full review

Cons

And if I did that the system changed the routing to zig-zag the truck. They tried desperately to shoe horn me into their model, but it was never going to work.

Leonard C.

Robert D.

Heidi S.

4.5

Time Saving Software

Time, scheduling, employee time, sub contractor job entry just to name a few

Pros

It doesn't try to boss my financial software around, so many features you can customize what works for you, reporting features, filtering features, etc. What isn't there to love..

Cons

Initial cost. But, I did appreciate the terms worked out and well worth the money!

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. As you mentioned, The Service Program was meticulously developed so that it works seamlessly with QuickBooks rather than conflicting with it. We truly appreciate you sharing the many software features that are benefiting your business. Your feedback is vital to our growth, thanks again for sharing!

Best routing program out there

We are extremely happy with this program, and we highly recommend it to any company needing a scheduling software in the service industry.

Pros

Taking our paper door tags digital has been amazing. The training and customer support has made learning how to use and operate this program a breeze. I couldn't be happier about the change.

Cons

There have been a few minor items that weren't available at first, but an email to the development team has been all that was needed to make the changes I needed to happen.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are happy to hear of your positive experience with our company as a whole, as we are committed to providing exemplary customer service. Providing our customers with features in which they can easily communicate with their customers is essential and knowing you are utilizing the digital door tags lets us know we are on track. Thanks again for your feedback. -The Westrom Software Team

A spread sheet manipulator that is not flexible & will work if you conform to their way of operation

This system is ideal for A/C Repair, Pool Cleaning, Pest Control, etc. t was designed for just those type businesses. Lawn Care mow and blow operations that get it done no matter what is another business that will be able to use it. Being in Lawn Care but quality not quantity oriented, sometimes we end up spending extra time that slows down production. There's no quota. We're more of a grounds keeping...

Cons

Hi Lenny, we appreciate your feedback. As you are aware, your monthly subscription provided daily open Q&A forums per week to call in speak to a Live Trainer. Tech support is available M-F. and you never used the online help documentation with step by step screen shots, training recordings. We offered an lawn industry coach since your company is unlike hundreds of other landscape companies by schedule routes for customer lawn maintenance. Since you charge per service visit, there is ONE button in software to generate Route Stops to Tasks (populating customer's preferred pricing). Once serviced (by paper or Mobile app) the quick complete generates INVOICES in QBs. No Double entry.. We wish your business well.

Service Program Review

We are very satisfied with The Service Program and would recommend it.

Pros

The Service Program is very user friendly. We have had no issues with the interaction between The Service Program and Quickbooks. The transfer from our very old ancient data base went surprisingly easy. Tech support for the most part has been very prompt and accurate anytime we have had an issue. Any issues we have had have been very few and far in between and easily fixable.

Cons

Internet based program. Our internet here is awful. We get bounced out of the Service Program when our internet goes down.

Penny, your review of The Service Program is greatly appreciated. We're happy to hear your data conversion went smoothly which is what we strive for. It's always nice to hear of the reliability of our Customer Support team as well. Thank you for your feedback!

Outstanding Product

For the past 12 years I have used this software, I have been more than satisfied with not only the Service Program but the customer service/tech support as well. The only very minor problems I have had with the program was due to my lack of not performing the updates. When notifying tech support through the software they would respond within minutes and conduct the updates for me immediately. This is an outstanding product and a first class tech company!

Pros

I run a small pond/lake management business. Twelve years ago I wanted to expand my customer base but did not want to hire an office person or bookkeeper to process the additional invoicing or paper work. I needed a software program that had these features: 1. On a mobile device for use in the field. 2. Customizable. 3. Capable of recording data and creating a sales ticket. 4. Had to interface with QuickBooks for month-end invoicing, eliminating all double entry into an accounting program. 5. Reliable and easy to use. 6. Affordable Not only did the Service Program meet all of my criteria but has exceeded my expectations.

Cons

The Service Program does allow some legacy data retrieval on a mobile device but it is a bit cumbersome to access. This is not the case on the desktop.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide such a detailed review. We're so pleased to hear of your success with The Service Program! Your insight helps to ensure we are not only providing software built to industry standards but quality customer service as well. Thanks again for your feedback!

I have worked with the SP crew for years now. I have nothing but good things to say about them!

Pros

Very Smart bunch, out of box thinkers, (when in the box doesn't meet the need), I have never heard them say we can't do that; I know I have been a pain in there sides, but they have always treated me well and respectfully, even in my frustrated " I hate computers" moods. I am just really happy with the software, performance, and customer service. Lots of videos for training at any time schedule I choose! (I use this for new employee training and it is priceless)!

Cons

well, don't like that I have to watch an entire teaching video to try and find very quick answer. (so I would like a better search method for videos to speed up finding answers). Also I never have any luck with the online tech help but sending an email to customer support and they call back works well ... for me ..

Thank you for your kind words and feedback. Your 100% customer satisfaction is our goal. Your suggestion for searching the online help manual has recently been upgraded with over 100 videos placed into 22 categories to assist finding the correct answer quickly. Please use the Search Box if easier. Reminder, your annual software support provides ongoing upgrades, tech support and ongoing daily training in Open Forum 2x a day Live with a Trainer! You are always welcome to send us your feedback and suggestions on how to improve the software or services we offer. We will do the best we can to ensure you are totally satisfied with our software and customer service.

Great Support

Their customer support is the bomb! They are always pleasant and helpful!

Pros

I switched to QB online and switched SP with it. Then, after numerous issues with QB online (terrible support, also), we went back to QB desktop. I needed to switch the SP back at that time. They were really supportive, did it over the weekend, and checked on our company at all times. They have the best IT and support team ever (maybe QB should hire them-LOL). I would definitely recommend SP for use with a pool company! They are great.

Cons

System is very powerful, and it takes getting used to. There are a lot of features and sometimes confusing on how to figure them all out.

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding The Service Program. As always, we are pleased to hear of your positive experience with our support team. We pride ourselves in our team and on providing feature rich solutions that will help you run your Service, Maintenance and Construction Pool & Spa business as efficiently as possible. We want you to get the most out of our software! In addition to our dedicated support team, we offer several training options including: a live training forum, private training and an online video training library. We urge you to take advantage of these powerful resources. Thank you again for recommending us!

Technical Support is Absolutely the BEST

Very very positive!!!

Pros

It has many features. If a feature isn't perfect there is usually a workaround. The technical support team helps modify features if possible or if not, explains options. I can't say enough about the support. You can talk to an actual person every day during a designated time. You can email questions and receive a response in a reasonable timeframe. There is a website with many tutorials. The support makes the software GREAT. I don't care how good a product is, if you don't have good support, it's not a good product. This software has the VERY BEST SUPPORT EVER!

Cons

I would like a help section catalog where you could type your question and suggestions/solutions would pop up. Although there are training videos and they are great, sometime I need more specific answers. However, an email to support gives me my answers :)

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this detailed review. Customer satisfaction is top priority here at Westrom Software. Its great to hear that our support team delivers! We are pleased to hear that you are taking advantage of our online resources and truly value your feedback. Our team is currently in the process of streamlining our robust, 24/7 Online Help Manual to provide our customers with quick solutions to common questions and scenarios at their convenience. Your feedback helps us learn how we can better enhance the customer experience and provide the best customer service possible. Thanks again for your feedback!

Great value for the money and reliable

The software helps us communicate and make sure we are taking care of customers. Equally important, the software helps us make sure we are billing for the service we provide - especially when the customer makes changes.

Pros

The program integrates with Quickbooks and works well over our network with multiple users (3). Even when we have an unexpected reboot of a computer, etc. the data is safe. For a small company this piece of software is affordably priced and helps us be more productive and take care of our customers. For as long as we have used the software we have not found anything we feel would be better for us. Customer Service has always been able to solve our technical issues.

Cons

We would like more communication about upgrades, feature priorities and timelines. Being able to easily customize reports would be a huge plus.

We appreciate your kind words and continued business since March 2014.I shared your comments to our Customer Support and Training team members.. They work hard every day to support our valued clients's business needs. Have a nice day, God Bless.

Good Service, Exceptional Customer support

Overall experience has been positive. there are many features which our company has implemented that has saved both time and resources. The online portion has made it possible for our company to eliminate nearly 95% of our paper usage

Pros

Product is easy to use, with many helpful online resources available. Product training videos help tremendously in getting new employees integrated into the software

Cons

The software does have glitches like any other software. Normally glitches are resolved within the current day but sometimes small issues linger for a few days.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are fortunate to have an exceptional support team that doesn't disappoint. Happy to hear that you are taking advantage of our videos and other online resources as well. As always, your input helps us to build the best software for the industry! We truly appreciate your feedback.

Customer Service like no other!

Pros

Customer service is great! I know when we email with a request we will always get a response. The tech support via live chats is a great way to solve simple issues as well. If a feature is not currently available TSP is always willing to customize things so we are able to do/show what we want. This program has allowed us to introduce mobile devices in the field for our pool techs which can then be tracked live back at the store. It has helped keep “misses” from happening. The quickbooks integration is seamless and makes short work of what used to take a lot of time.

Cons

Has more features than we will ever use. Would be nice be able to set it up where we only see what we are using. Customization of the toolbar would be an amazing addition to an already impressive software program.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We are especially pleased to hear how well The Mobile Solution is working for your company in the field. Our goal at Westrom is to provide an optimal user experience by providing quality software coupled with superior support options. It is great to know that after switching pool software, you are using The Service Program to its full potential and we are happy to be there to support you along the way.

Excellent software for our industry

Pros

This software is so easy to navigate through on a daily basis. We have a Portable Toilet company and tried another software first that we were not happy with, found Service Program and we are so glad we did. This software makes our job easy, also the technical support is outstanding.

Cons

I wish there was a way to have electronic signature for quotes, work tickets and task.

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to review The Service Program. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing our customers are happy with the software. We developed this software for the industry with one goal in mind, to simplify workflow and it's great to hear that you concur! In response to your comment regarding electronic signatures we do in fact, allow for electronic signature capture, as well as adding pictures of work complete, etc. We are going to have an industry coach reach out to you on how this can easily be achieved to assure you are getting the most out of the software.

5 Star Customer Service!!

We couldn't be more pleased with our choice for a software company to help our growing portable toilet company!! We extensively researched many companies before choosing The Service Program and couldn't be happier with our choice!! From day 1, the level of friendly, knowledgeable and patient customer service we have received has been excellent. I especially love the LIVE help option that is available....

Pros

How I can track our inventory as well as get up to the date driver routes to my drivers.

Cons

N/A

Thank you so much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer the best software solution for your industry, so I am happy to see that reflected on your implementation. Our professional trainers and technical support professionals remember your excitement to improve your prior process. We understand that with The Service Program you have streamlined making Rentals a simple process. Congrats on acquiring a competitor and look forward to a tenured relationship. Thank YOU!

The Service Program is a great program to help simplify and organize your business.

The benefits we have received so far from The Service Program include a more organized dispatch system, faster way to send field techs information. Communication from field to office and office back to field only takes seconds now!

Pros

The Service Program helps the process of switching from paper to digital. There are other programs out there, but what really makes 'The Service Program" stand out from the rest is the absolutely AMAZING tech support. Their support team will reply to your question within minutes not days! The Service Program support team members are very patient, understanding and get right to the resolution of your problem. They have even customized the program to meet our needs! Great people, great program.

Cons

There is no 'AUDIT' built into the program to view who may have deleted a task or customer, and to view what the task or customer was. Currently if a task is accidently deleted there is no way to tell what that task was for, or who the customer was. This is something I really hope is in a future update. At least a simple 24 hour history log that records name of the customer, task type, time of deletion and who deleted it. This should be a priority on a future update. Knowing the support team, it will probably be done soon!

Thank you very much for such a detailed and positive review. As you know, Customer Satisfaction is our number one goal. We consistently strive to develop the best software, customized to your business needs. However, great software is only as good as the team that develops and supports it. We are extremely proud of our team at Westrom Software and we are pleased to hear you are too! We welcome your suggestions on how to improve our software and mobile platforms and we will take them into consideration for future builds. Thank you again for your feedback. It¿s always a pleasure working with you!

Great Quickbooks integration and routing capability

saves time with invoicing through Quickbooks

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks and the invoices, I also use it to keep my weekly route. Service Programmers designed a route template that fit my needs perfectly. This software can be used by a small company like myself to a big fortune 500 company, very easy! The ability to memorize transactions and change the description on the invoice is the main reason I chose The Service Program software. I never have an issue contacting customer service.

Cons

Not really a con, but there is SO MUCH available with this software, a bit overwhelming. But, never fear, you can call Customer Service they will teach you every aspect of the software you want to utilize.

HI Lisa, Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Glad you like how simple posting invoices into QuickBooks takes minutes showing service dates with no need for double entry. We appreciate knowing that small and large lawn care, landscape and irrigation companies enjoy how simple The Service Program is to use while nothing falls thru the cracks.

Excellent for tracking revenue by equipment

We are an HVAC Equipment rental company. We bill at the beginning of a rental and this program is built to bill at the end of a rental period. We get great information regarding regarding rental unit revenue and costs.

Pros

Very easy to use. Easy double checking before posting entries. Posting errors can be cleared quickly. Pulls data from QuickBooks and allows easy posting. We prepare billings in QuickBooks first then post into TSP.

Cons

Need to write program to sort reports for our purposes. Would like to get standard reports that we need.

We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding The Service Program. Knowing that our software provides ease of use, reassures us that we are achieving what we set out to do, create software that simplifies your work flow process but we won't stop there. Your input helps us develop the best software possible for the industry. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!

The Service Program for Pool Company

Overall experience with the service program is that it is well worth it's money! The customer support is amazing, and any time I have called with questions, there is always someone willing and able to help me find any possible solutions for my specific difficulties.

Pros

We like that this program is compatible with mobile devices. Our pool techs are able to to take their devices with them out in the field, and complete services while on the go. It also helps keep them on schedule so pools are not "missed". I also like that we can upload it to Quickbooks which makes for ease with our billing.

Cons

The biggest drawback that I have come into contact with with The Service Program is the level of inconvenience when a pool tech is completing a pool for a co-worker. It does not seem to flow very easily when deviating from the normal schedule or the assigned techs.

Thank you for your positive review! We value your feedback and take it into consideration when developing future builds. If there is something we can improve upon, our development team will do their best to make it happen. Glad to hear of your positive experience with our support team. It¿s something we hear quite often and we are so proud of it! Thanks again for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback!

Super helpful tech support

Although there has been a steep learning curve to this software the tech support has been amazing. I have had many questions along the way and they have been readily available to help me. I paid for the extra training when I signed up and I would highly suggest that, without it I think it would be difficult to figure out.

Pros

I needed software that could be used for both my septic service scheduling as well as the portable toilet routing side of my business. The service program covers both needs and integrates seamlessly with Quickbooks.

Cons

I have found the software to be a bit cumbersome and difficult to learn and it is also a bit quirky. It does not come with users manual, which would have been super helpful to refer to.

Thank you for your feedback! Although we are happy to hear that tech support was able to address your questions regarding the software, it concerns us that you found the software difficult to learn. Our goal at Westrom Software is to provide the most user friendly software possible to simplify your workflow. For future reference, we do provide an Online Help Manual: https://westromsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202254116....

Always a great experience with customer service & tech support.

Pros

Quick tech support response time, helpful & efficient. Training videos very helpful and easy to understand

Cons

Hard to print reports. Could use info on how do get reports printed. like a list of how to print report needed

Thank you Cindy for your wonderful review. We love our clients! Your 100% satisfaction is our goal. I understand you brought in a new Service Manager and added a 4th user in the offices. As a reminder, your license provides ongoing software upgrades, Tech Support and access to our Training options. You are always welcome to send your feedback and suggestions on how to improve the software or services we offer. Westrom Software will do the best we can to ensure you are totally satisfied. Our professionals can assistance in any technical issue you face while using the software, mobile or online customer platform. One of our industry coaches will be contacting you to confirm simple steps to produce any reports necessary to support your business needs.

We absolutly love The Service Program

Our experience with The Service Program has been great. Being on the service program has relieved the office of inputting customer service notes at the end of day. The mobile app is great also customers love getting a email receipt. Very ease to route the drivers on ever changing schedules.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It will be three years in July 2019 that we have been up and running without any glitches.

Cons

There is nothing to not like about this software.

Thank you Jean. Nothing pleases us more than to receive such positive feedback. We strive to provide our customers with software solutions that simplify daily workflow and your comments let us know we have succeeded. We truly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing and value your commitment to our Rental and Sanitation/ Septic software.

This is a very versatile program that supports the septic and portable rental business well.

Pros

The system works seamlessly with quickbooks interface. Mapping and routes are easy to process. Can speak to a knowledgeable person when we have questions. A lot of customization is already built in and when we have requests the are attended to quickly.

Cons

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Knowing how our software is beneficial to your industry is particularly useful. We are pleased to hear of your positive experience with our knowledgeable staff. Our company values customer satisfaction and we will always be committed to our customers! We look forward to working with you again.

Extremely easy and fast service

Have more efficiency and organization in my business

Pros

The ability to customize it to your needs and how it seamlessly works with QuickBooks. I have been using the software since 2007. It just keeps getting better every year

Cons

I Can not toggle through different task templates from the task print screen. I also would like to limit data entry in the drop down screen.

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We recognize that every business has different needs and take pride in building our software around those particular needs. Knowing ways we are benefiting your company and where we need to improve, helps us to grow and thrive. Thanks again, we value your dedication to our industry leading software package!

Time Saver

We have been able to speed up our billing process and automate it, which results in a tremendous time savings for us. With add on features, the software allows us to grow and not have to find new solutions. This is just the system we needed.

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks has really made invoicing efficient and fast.

Cons

I really like the software. As with any software, there is a bit of a learning curve, but The Service Program is really user friendly and easy to learn.

Thank you for taking the time to review The Service Program. We pride ourselves in developing software that helps grow your business. Knowing that our software is positively impacting your work flow process by saving you time, lets us know we are on track. Thanks for sharing!

Reduce Monthly Costs.

Pros

Keeps track of all chemical usage, Can look info fast, Identify when the pool has been serviced and what time and day. Can print out results of each individual pool.

Cons

As long as I had this program I have never had a problem. That you could not help me with.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We pride ourselves on developing software that is industry specific. Your feedback helps us to know that we are on track with features that will benefit the pool & spa industry. Glad to hear how The Service Program is working for you to saving money every week to track chemicals & services provided per pool & spa! Thank you for your time!

After a bldg fire, we couldn't access our network. Bill got us back up & running on a Sunday morning

Organization

Pros

It is simple to use. Reports can be customized to meet our needs. Customer service is quick to respond.

Cons

The time it takes for the program to sync QuickBooks (although, it's because our QB data files are unusually large)

Carey, Thank you for your positive review. It always nice to hear how our software is benefiting your company and areas we need to improve upon. Although we strive in providing the best service possible, it¿s even better to know that we could help during a particularly stressful situation. Sincerely, The Service Program Team

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.