Whip Around Logo

Whip Around

We keep the world’s fleets moving.

Whip Around Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.48/10

See full reviews by rating

My overall experience has been great. Everyone likes using the app and not having to turn in paperwork at the end of the day is a nice for the drivers and nice for the managment.
The software is easy to use, the setup is quick and easy and the company overall is great. You can tell that they care about their customers and want to improve their product to suit our needs.
The ability for me to know that my vehicles are maintained and in good condition on a daily basis, without me having to be out there inspecting them myself is great.
Driver realized his mistake but was unable to change vehicle. Now the record shows an incorrect fault on a vehicle and we have to indicate a "repair" that was not done.
It does not alert me when a driver files a failed inspection.
Doesn't happen often, and I think it might be if my phone switches from wifi to cell signal, but it has been frustrating.

Whip Around users...

Snappii-logocaret

Snappii

Microsoft Excel-logocaret

Microsoft Excel

Google Drive-logocaret

Google Drive

How would you rate Whip Around?

SI

Scott I.

Safety and Compliance Manager

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Ease of conformity

Transcript

Scott: Hi, I'm Scott. I'm a safety compliance manager. And today, I'm reviewing Whip Around, and I give...

Great Software to Keep Track of Maintenance Schedule

Second Time User and Works Just as Well!

I appreciate the automation of the data being collected.

Pros

Whip Around is simple and powerful. I'm a small owner/operator and this is a great tool for keeping track of mileage, as well as details that DOT might want to see. I implemented this for a previous employer and have continued to use and enjoy it as a owner/operator. Thanks rep and crew!

Cons

Occasionally the software hangs, but I find this is often the mobile device and not the software itself.

Hi Rick, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! You are right, in the world of software and applications, occasionally there are hiccups, but so happy to hear you enjoy our product! Best,

Whip around is a plus

Pros

It is easy to set up, use and explain. I can easily explain how to use.

Cons

Haven’t found any. Everything seems to work well.

Whip Around Inspections and Fleet Management

Whip Around has been very easy to integrate into our operations and our team members were able to use it quickly and effectively from day 1.

Pros

Whip Around has enabled us to become paperless with our DOT and equipment inspections as well as bridge the communication gap between team members in the field and our Mechanics in the shop.

Cons

We hope to see an easy to view repair schedule to become part of the Whip Around dashboard to help plan our repairs when correcting vehicle faults.

Whipsy Hustles

It has been good overall. I use it in a basic capacity.

Pros

It is very intuitive. From the start I was able to use it with very little to no instruction.

Cons

There can be a difference between the view of an account when comparing it to the drivers displayed info. Example: I may see inconsistencies with post trip forms being completed. When the driver is asked about it they are able to quickly pull up their completed post trips.

Easy to navigate and keep my finger on the pulse of my fleet

Keep a keen eye on the fleet overall and vehicle conditions. Used to track it with paper inspections and created a lot of waste paper and inconsistent pre & post trip inspections

Pros

Easy to check driver inspections and investigate into faults. Can keep my team of drivers of accountable for our fleet and love the ability to look at a van's history with a few keystrokes

Cons

I would like a feature where I could pull weekly mileage from all vehicles. For example, the "milage" field auto-populates a weekly form to track mileage where the end of the week I could easily get the mileage sum for the week for the fleet. This is something I do manually now with each unit in the fleet and would save me about an hour a week

Hi Chris! Thanks for you feedback! I will be sure to send your mileage suggestion over to our developers to consideration. Thanks for your business!

Whip around for a reluctant crew

Tracking vehicles and know up to the minutes status.

Pros

Before whip-around, it was difficult to know the status of the fleet this program and knowing the condition and whereabout of each vehicles is, this eliminates the mystery.

Cons

Sometimes too much information. Sometime too much notification. I am sure I would redefine the information but it seems to be what the other managers prefer.

Simplified our lives!

We use Whip Around for our fleet of Non-Emergency Medical Transportation vehicles. We need to be in compliance with state and federal regulations on par with ambulances. Whip Around keeps our vehicles properly inspected by drivers, and stocked with all the required equipment at all times.

Pros

The ability to track the needs of our drivers without trying to track a flood of emails was a huge draw. The new dashboard tells us everything that needs to be addressed at a glance, every day.

Cons

We learned through trial and error that organizing our vehicles by their fleet number made tracking easiest. There is a slight, but manageable learning curve. I suggest creating a "Test Car" profile first and looking over what the vehicle profiles ask for. The more information you put in, the more effective the software becomes.

Superb Tech Support and Customer Service

Pros

While I am new to using Whip Around, the company I work for has been using Whip Around for a good while and loves Whip Around. When support was requested by me, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the Whip Around team were fast to respond, accurate with their answers, terrific with their suggestions and all around superb! Way to go Whip Around support team and thank you for having my back!

Cons

Have not found any cons with Whip Around as yet!

Answer to our growing problem

I love everything about this App. From the initial, and ongoing customer service, to all of the inspection problems this solved for our company.

Pros

Ease of use App can be tailored to my specific business Snapshot tracking of who is performing required inspections Vehicle specific tracking

Cons

Very little I don't like but if I have to get nit picky, paying for groups of vehicles instead of per vehicle. If I only have 16 vehicles I don't want to have to pay for 15-20.

Thanks for the review!

Great Program For Fleet Tracking

My location tests new technology and decides if it should be implemented throughout the company. Whip Around is a product that passed all of our requirements, and I wish we switched to it years ago. No more paper logs!

Pros

Support has been amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been super helpful with whatever we have needed. We even made a few suggestions, that the company implemented. Training was easy, and to the point, being able to utilize almost form is super helpful. Being able to have a real time option for my fleet managing has been a lifesaver.

Cons

The only complaint I did have, the company addressed and fixed. I wanted the option to redflag assets to know which ones were out of service. I made the recommendation and the company implemented it.

Very happy with Whip Around!

Overall we are happy wit our service.

Pros

The simple steps to complete an inspection is so convenient and easy to train new employees.

Cons

When multiple faults are listed on an inspection each fault is recorded separately on the faults page. Reporting for our in house DOT audit is difficult. We run a CSV for all faults and add the Work Order from there. It would be nice to have an option to fill in a field for work order on a fault that will generate a separate column on the CSV files.

Hey Morgan! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Whip Around and provide us with great feedback. Great news! We are currently working on a premium work order module where you'll be able to group faults and preventative maintenance (including mileage based reminders). Our product team are going to reach out to get your input into!

Ease to a busy environment

Pros

In our day to day operations we have numerous people driving the same vehicle, keeping up with damage and missing inventory items - whip around asked the standard questions to every user giving us continuity with every inspection

Cons

Nothing - it has made our business operate much better

Whip Around Provides an Effective and Intuitive Solution to Fleet Maintenance

In the first week of implementation a driver using Whip Around found a nail in his sidewall that could have caused a flat on the road or worse. Instead he was able to get a warranty replacement tire for less than $30 and was on the road without delaying his schedule.

Pros

The ease of use on both the back and front end of Whip Around has made it a breeze to implement and our drivers have had no trouble getting used to it. Customer service has been excellent.

Cons

At times the persistence of the team at Whip Around wanting to help was a bit grating, but in the end it was appreciated and contributed to our timely implementation.

WHIP AROUND REVIEW

Whip Around is great because you can always reference back to a particular pre/post trip. It also helps to hold your employees accountable as well as letting them know that you are paying attention to things.

Pros

The software is extremely user friendly. Multiple managers have access which makes it nice so I don't always have to be the one who makes changes or edits things. Even when they make updates that improve the system, they are easy to adjust to.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like it is cluttered with too many charts and graphs and leaderboards. It's not necessarily a bad thing I just don't always have a need for them.

$450 ROI within the first WEEK!

I look forward to on boarding our entire fleet, and further reducing operational and maintenance costs. It's only been a week, but I can see the benefit clearly and highly recommend the software. It's such an affordable subscription - what do you have to lose?

Pros

With Whip Around, our Office Manager was able to get a heads up regarding upcoming repairs that needed to be made BEFORE it was too late. This resulted in some research and some strategic purchasing that is projected to save us at least $450/annually going forward. The customer service team is amazing! That little chat bot at the bottom of your home screen responds in real time, and is actually useful - they were able to put trucks that were out of service on hold within minutes of me asking.

Cons

I wish it was more than just maintenance! The dashboard is modern and well designed, and I really wish we could do more with Whip Around than just maintenance related issues. Time to expand team ;)

Hi Amber! Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our software is saving your business money! Let's get together soon and talk more about what other features you are looking for!

NO MORE PAPER!

The main benefit is that we are finding is that because of how quick and easy it is for the drivers to use the app we are finding that they are writing up more things and we are able to spot problems sooner. This allows us to save time on larger repairs down the road.

Pros

The ability to give our drivers the tools needed to report any problems they have with the equipment. It no longer takes a day for the Maintenance dept to get the paper DVIR's its instant. Once the driver submits it on the app it goes directly over, its that easy! I cant tell you the time and money that we are saving with this system.

Cons

None to add.............................

Hi Bill! Thank you for your feedback! We are so happy to hear how well Whip Around is working for you and your drivers. We appreciate your business!

Easy to use!

Able to keep a close eye on mileage, I'm made aware of problems much faster and pictures help so much, as well as a description. Has improved the overall care of my fleet vehicles.

Pros

I like how easy this software is to use and to tweak. Completely customizable.

Cons

Too many errors. When I run my reports, mileage is missing although it was input. Also hate that it keeps forgetting my settings. It seems to get fixed and then one day its back to the old settings, frustrating to have to go back to fix it.

Hi Crystal, Thanks for taking the time to review us. The errors and missing mileage is something we are going to get in touch with you about and see if we can get a permanent fix done for you. We really appreciate you letting us know about this and remember, if you need any support we offer this to you 24/7 via online chat and phone.

Great APP

I am really liking how Whip Around is efficient for my business. It is saving time and money for the company in the long run. So far I am happy and have referred Whip Around to 2 other companies that are using the service.

Pros

I like how there is an option for pictures. As well as assigning my drivers to there own profile. Very convenient to print out any mechanical issues and assign to my mechanics for the day of work.

Cons

The system some times forgets to send emails when the drivers are done there inspection. Other than that is works well. So far.

Hi Michael! Thank you so much for your kind feedback on our app! I am sorry to hear you have not received a few emails from your drivers. I am going to look into this. We have an awesome Referral Program, so keep em coming! Thank you for your business!

Equipment Superintendent

We have had an awesome experience using this app

Pros

we love using not only the app but the desktop

Cons

I would like to see fuel tracking that shows all my equipment

Whipe Around Pro

on My experience this program help me a lot, i'm allays aware for any issue or accidents on my units, when, drivers let me now when the units need oil change or any maintenance ....

Pros

Is easy to report and have update every unit the maintenance, easy for my driver and support every possible issue

Cons

i like everything, is fast, easy to use including driver whit out technologies knowledge's, and this is very important for me

Whip-Around helps Cut Repair times

We were an early adopter and have seen a lot of changes come down the pipe, they are still working to fill out some areas and Improve the experience even more. I can’t wait to see what tools they release next for admins and drivers. Whip-around has helped our crew inspect better and shorten our time from fault detection to repair to about 7 working days.

Pros

We were able to make the inspection almost guided Around the vehicle so that our non CDL drivers that may never have Done a pretrip are able to have a list to check against. And know what to look for.

Cons

Took a little bit to configure forms And vehicles and FMCSA Dot Pretrip was not a default selection. They will however create whatever inspection you desire if you email them a copy of the info.

Thank you for your feedback!

Good product, easily customizable

Readily accepted by employees as it is simple to use. Many valuable features when reporting damage to Sears etc by students can simply take a picture and enter a few words.

Pros

Great easy to use product that our employees value. It is easily customizable

Cons

Nothing , whip around staff easily reduced our fears

Great Software and App

Outstanding!

Pros

This software helps our company daily pre and post trip our trucks activities that I believe are missed when pre and post trips are done on paper. The app allows the drivers to take pictures with a detailed message of issue that in turn helps our mechanics begin the necessary steps ahead of time to fix the problem. The app is very simple to use and can be customized into what fits your company’s needs.

Cons

None at the moment. Great software, I recommend this software to any company with a medium to large fleet.

Great experience and full of knowledge.

It helps me to have all my maintenance fleet up to date.

Pros

Having the reports ready to export as PDF and share them with my team, it's the best part! Also, I would like to recommend if you can have a way to have each vehicle for separately.

Cons

As a fleet manager, I would like to be able to have each city or station per group in order to have all the reports separately.

Hi Edgardo, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We greatly appreciate your business! The software does have the ability group each city or station by group. I will reach out to you via phone to explain. Thank you!

The UW Experience

Vehicle Inspection reporting is easy for the team and data retention does not result in boxes of paperwork taking up storage space. The data is always at my fingertips.

Pros

It is simple, yet powerful. Feature packed but not overwhelming.

Cons

Navigating the dashboard had its challenges, but were overcome with consistent use.