Whip Around Reviews

Pros

The customer support is outstanding, the setup is easy, the reports are super informational and everything’s great.

Brance B.

My overall experience has been great. Everyone likes using the app and not having to turn in paperwork at the end of the day is a nice for the drivers and nice for the managment.

Austin M.

We love the ability to customize the inspection reports to fit our needs. Its ease of use that requires a minimal training session to learn how to use the application.

Adrian E.

Cons

Driver realized his mistake but was unable to change vehicle. Now the record shows an incorrect fault on a vehicle and we have to indicate a "repair" that was not done.

Hugh B.

It does not alert me when a driver files a failed inspection.

Zoltan K.

Jeremy B.

All in one Fleet management System

Pros

Right from the start i found this software easy to use, easy to integrate and easy to maintain. It takes alot of the hassle out of Fleet management for the managers as well as the drivers. With the recent addition of the Maintenance section, we've been able to keep better track of upcoming services and certifications resulting in less down time for the fleet.

Cons

Customization of the reports would be a benefit as well as being able to assign annual inspection dates, for CVIP or other certifications, to vehicles instead of relying on the reminders section. having it auto populate in the maintenance section when due.

Great product

We are using Whip Around most particularly for Inspection reports on trucks and trailers as well as Inventory control and a mechanics checklist. Thus far, it has been great. We are supposed to be able to combine it with our Verizon Connect account, which we havent figured out as of yet, but it is a matter of time before it gets even better.

Pros

The ease of use is probably the best thing. We did a simple training for our crew one day and started use the following Monday. It was really easy to use.

Cons

Have not really found a con as of yet...

Thanks so much for your review Scott and yes we now have an integration with Verizon Connect. We a keen to continue to develop this and improve the customer experience. Please contact your account rep at Verizon Connect to get your credentials to connect the two accounts. If you need help with configuring it please let us know via the online chat. We are there 24/7 to support you.

Inspections & Maintenance

I have loved using Whip Around. Since we have started using it, it has automated our maintenance program so when a service is due, it automatically creates a work order and sends i to our mechanic. One of the other best parts is the customer service. They have ALWAYS been prompt and helpful.

Pros

We do all our vehicle inspections with this software. I like making sure that inspections are done by the drivers by forcing them to take pictures of all 4 sides of the vehicle. It also helps if we find damage to be able to go back and find when it appeared and have proof.

Cons

I am still working on figuring out the maintenance side of it. There have been several improvements. The one issue is that a drivers comments do not appear on a work order. When you turn a defect to a work order, it only shows the category. For example, lights, when the driver fails it and says right headlight out, it only shows on the work order as a light failure.

HR

It is easy to use but very limited for drivers and for office people. As an office person must of the time I don't get to see the drivers, it will be useful if Whip Around was the tool were we could connect with more information.

Pros

I like the fact that pictures can be taken and drivers can do their pre and post. I like that it is easy to use.

Cons

that you can't add information unless it's requested. I can't print reports or customized them for what I need.

Hi Janina, Thank you for providing feedback for us! We want to make sure your experience is nothing short of amazing with Whip Around. Your account manager will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss your feedback. Best, The Whip Around Team

Lifesaver

I stepped into a situation with 30 Recreational Vehicles with varying conditions and I was drowning trying to figure out which units needed what work. After researching and receiving demos from multiple providers, I did a trial of this and was sold. The utility of this tool is great and I cannot imagine trying to keep track of all these units the way we had before I bought this business.

Pros

WhipAround understands what's important about finding, managing and resolving defects to a vehicle. From start to finish I can digitally facilitate this aspect of my work, keep straight the status of the units, communicate clearly to several stakeholders, including insurance companies. The interface is intuitive and I can navigate around it easily with links to an inspection, a defect, a form, an asset readily available.

Cons

There are times that my inspections (which can take over an hour) will time out and I will lose my work in the middle of it. Doesn't happen often, and I think it might be if my phone switches from wifi to cell signal, but it has been frustrating. I also wish I had access to landscape photography and larger resolution images if needed.

review for vehicle inspections

we tried out several vehicle inspection apps, some were great however not budget friendly. whiparound meet both our needs of being functional and budget friendly.

Pros

easy to customize, easy to use for back end users and users

Cons

hard to find in app sort for users.

Thanks for the review!

WhipAround Review

We have people spread out in various geographic locations. WhipAround has been very helpful in gathering and tracking data.

Pros

Flexibility and ease of use have been the most desirable aspects of the App.

Cons

I haven’t have any complaints as of yet.

One of Our Best Tools

From the moment we expressed interest in this product, we have had a great experience. Their customer service is always available and always helpful. I've expressed interest in having other features before and they listened. This is a great company with a great product. This is one of the best tools we have in our DOT Compliance program.

Pros

Whip Around is easy to set up and use. Driver training can be done in minutes. Also, the card system it uses can be tailored to your company's needs, and our drivers actually like doing their inspections this way. I have no doubt that our drivers always did their inspections, but getting them to correctly fill out inspection forms was a nightmare. With Whip Around, all the problems I had with paper inspection forms were solved and I am getting more complete inspections than ever before.

Cons

At this time, I have no cons to report regarding Whip Around.

Fantastic System - Easy to Use - Made us Compliant

The CSR's at Whip Around are amazing to work with - they check in regularly to make sure everything is okay, they provided and in-person training for free, and always answer questions in a timely manner. They have a chat feature and someone always replies within minutes!

Pros

This software is very easy to use, as it can be used on a cell phone, tablet, etc. Our Service Technicians picked up on it very quickly, and it encouraged them to do all pre and post-trip inspections in a timely manner, which helped with our DOT compliance.

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about this software. There are even features we don't currently use, but it has so much potential .... I can't say enough about how this software has helped our Service Managers manage inspections, repair, etc.!

Outstanding Support and Product!!

Easy, enjoyable, resourceful, and responsive!!

Pros

This product is used daily in our business and provides an invaluable resource to help manage our business. The ease of use, our ability to customize, and how it ties our people with our fleet is excellent. In addition, the support and overall service is outstanding. Highly recommend this product for those considering.

Cons

The team is open to suggestions and often working with the developers to close the gaps and improve user interface. Seeing more options for immediate upload with photos and the response to the COVID protocols have been well-received. Well done!!

Where have you been all our life WhipAround?

I think much of this is answered above but I'll try to comment simply here with some bullet points. -improved time management for our mechanics to the tune of 20% -our fleet has stayed moving more regularly due to a streamlined means of communications and necessary repairs. We've gone from being primarily reactive to primarily proactive. In 1 half of our company we've seen an 80% reduction in rental...

Pros

#1 - customer service and implementation of the software into our organization was amazing. #2 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is number 1 in customer service and attention to our needs and product development thoughts. #3 - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] took time to fly out to our team to help onboard our drivers into the software and provide a personal approach to the training #4 - the software is SOOO...

Cons

It costs .25 cents more per month per vehicle than the carbon copy book that we used in the past. Just kidding...that's all I've got. We thoroughly enjoy the business relationship we have with the WhipAround team!

Whip Around

Whip Around is great because it replaces the head ache of paper pretrips. It can be updated with the click of a few buttons and is very customizable to any need your business has in regards to checklist and inspections. The reporting is clean. Its very simple to add vehicles, users, or employees.

Pros

I like that Whip Around is completely digital. It has a unique API that can be integrated into our reporting platform, Looker. I like that the software is user friendly. It is very dynamic in that changes can be made in a few minutes vs traditional hard copy inspections which would need to be reprinted or versions become obsolete. The email reporting and the web platform reporting makes it very easy to see if employees are completing their inspections. If there are faults, we can easily identity them to send on to the mechanic. We have been able to integrate it company wide very easily because of how dynamic the software is with adding new users, vehicles, locations, forms, etc.

Cons

I would like a existing fault form that can be filled out for vehicles as they are added to the fleet or whip around is integrated. I would also like the ability to customize forms a little more with something such as a multiple photo option. I would also like a Manager version within the application. I would also like to see Whip Around continue to partner with telematics companies.

Thanks for the review! Multiple photo cards are being worked on along with more functionality added to the mobile app for fleet managers and mechanics. Keep an eye out for the ongoing updates!

Amazing tool for remotely managing fleet and driver staff

Overall, Whip-Around is a great product and a very effective tool.

Pros

I am part of a team that manages over 70 drivers and a fleet of 33 vehicles in 16 states. This software has been the perfect solution to remotely manage pre and post trip reports, vehicle maintenance, and driver compliance. It’s very simple to implement with drivers due in large part to not require special or expensive equipment - most of our drivers use the free app on their own smartphones. We also use inexpensive Samsung tablets which we leave on the vehicles (one per vehicle). Other great features are the document management for fleet and drivers, mechanic notifications and updates, and the ease of generating reports and summaries.

Cons

The only thing I would like to see improve is the driver communication tools. Currently, there is no feature in place that notifies drivers of the status of faults they reported. There is a feature to leave comments on a fault report, but drivers are not notified of those comments. Also, there is a feature to alert drivers if they miss a report or to send them reminders, however, it only sends these notifications via the app for drivers, so they would have to be logged in to see it. Sending text messages directly to the drivers via their personal mobile phones would be much more effective.

People actually helping people -

My interactions with the Whip Around crew has been great. They are actually people - can you believe that!? People helping people in an attempt to make their software better, make your jobs easier, help you solve problems and eliminate wasted time... its crazy. When I send a message to their support team on the website, I get a response (sometimes from a robot, but even the robot is helpful and...

Pros

I would change the question to ask "What DO you like most..." as we don't plan on eliminating the use of Whip Around anytime soon. It has saved us a ton of time by digitizing and streamlining a cumbersome paper data-entry process. That benefit just by itself, ignoring the other utilities of Whip Around, more than justifies its low-cost (which is another great benefit).

Cons

There is only one small con that I can think of currently - It would be amazing if the system would auto-log drivers out after X amount of time being idle. This issue also falls on our drivers for being forgetful or non-observant, but auto-logout would eliminate the "oops, I didn't realize I was on another drivers account" hiccups.

Hi Dan! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are currently in discussion about the auto log out for drivers. I will be sure to keep you in the loop with this. We appreciate your business and are so excited to continue working with you!

Great solution with agility to customize

Improved record keeping of DVIR (electronic), improved depth inspection (photos), improved speed of communication (real-time updates), improved confidence by frontline users (Drivers) that company is adopting technologies that improve their jobs (a building of confident after training)

Pros

Template based forms which can be customized to my my needs/specifics.

Cons

Each card or inspection area has limit of (5) reminders/items/descriptions... sometimes needing to created additional cards vs. a longer list. (Yet, I know this limiter leads to more intentional/more thorough/higher engaged inspection) Also, some UX feedback on not being able to go to other fields when keyboard is active other than done. (variable size of tablet screens/pop-up keyboard size may be customer end constraint)

Hi Daniel, Thanks for taking time to provide feedback. The developers have been made aware of your suggestions. If you have other pieces of feedback, please make sure to send those over.

Pleasantly surprised

we started using the app immediately and as a result breakdowns and roadcalls are down 40% from the previous 6 month period. repairs are scheduledmore efficiently reducing down time and I don't have massive bundles of DVIR slips to sift through or store

Pros

I can set reminders to go off on the drivers phones until they have completed their daily inspections, I can go back through the inspections to see who is doing them and who isn't, the app gives me a leader board so I can recognize the drivers that are following new protocols as requested

Cons

in order to add new drivers or equipment I need to have it done vs being able to just do it myself and there are no generic reports for rental units

Hi George! Thank you for leaving us this feedback! I wanted to reach out and let you know that as an Admin on the account, you are able to add new drivers and equipment. Also, the forms are customizable and you can add all of the reports you would like! We offer a daily webinar training that covers all of this, so feel free to give us a call to get registered for one!

This is the Program You Want

We've been able to reduce down time, accurately track repairs, and keep a regular maintenance schedule with ease since starting with whip around. The whole experience has been great and I am very happy with the decision I made.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the setup is quick and easy and the company overall is great. You can tell that they care about their customers and want to improve their product to suit our needs. I love being able to track all of the maintenance that has been done instantly every day, it has improved our maintenance program immensely.

Cons

There are really only a few things that I would like to see change, but they're minor inconveniences overall. First, I wish I could create a work order without a fault being required. I would like to just manually enter information about a fault and create a work order all in one step. Second, I would like to be able to search/ enter work that was performed on a machine by the parts that were replaced and the fault that caused them to fail. Right now I just have to do some digging to figure out which fault I need to look at again.

Pre and Post Trip Reports

We just recently had a training conference call and webinar last week with members of our management team and Whip Around. They were very knowledgeable and informative. CSR was fantastic in answering all of our questions.

Pros

We use Whip Around every day for our Pre and Post Trip Inspections for our entire fleet which is about 30 trucks and drivers. It's very simplistic for the administrator as far as customization. And it's very easy for the end users (our drivers) to use. It also helps our Fleet Maintenance Department track faults and needed repairs.

Cons

Our company has been using this software for the last few years. However, being new to the company, I personally have only been using it for the past 5 months. But so far, I can honestly say, there's not too much this software is lacking.

Best D-DVIR Software

Whip Around has allowed us to go paperless with our DVIRs. The ease of use by the PVOs combine with the dashboard and fault reporting has allowed our company to act quicker to faults than ever before. The program has been good so far and we look forward to future features that will release.

Pros

This software does exactly what it says, it digitalizes the DVIRs required by the DOT. It also helps track vehicle faults, allowing our Operations Team to stay in the know and react appropriately at all times.

Cons

The one feature that needs to be implemented is a much more robust "reminder" feature. Right now you can only set reminders with a very limited control over when and how these reminders would be sent. It would be amazing to allow admin to set up reminders for specific forms and on specific days to specific PVOs. EX. send a pre-trip reminder to all employees on Monday - Friday at 7am.

Thank you for your feedback, Ryne! I just sent you an email addressing the updates we released for our Reminders Feature. You now have the ability to set regular inspection reminders, missed inspection reminders, and more! Let us know if you have any questions!

Best Inspection APP out there

whip around is always moving forward and there to tell me about new updates and stuff. cant understand how the could have such great pricing.

Pros

with a large construction company there are a lot of moving parts and vehicle maintenance needs to be maintained. I have 24 Utility trucks and 2 peterbuilts and this app based program really helps. what first attracted me to it is how simple it looked for my field techs, my thoughts where not only the money to start a program but all the training that would have to take place but this app is so easy there was hardly any training at all. the back office features are great too, I can control almost anything and if I need help support is just a chat away. I highly recommend for any size fleet.

Cons

I would like to see whip around spread to other sectors of fleet management like ELD systems and GPS programs so I can have it all under one program.

Mike! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review of Whip Around. We have a lot of great new features coming out so stay tuned!

Happy Review

So happy I learn of whip around it has saved me so much desk space by not having everyday paperwork sitting to be signed off or waiting for work to be done. I up load the issue and what equipment needs worked on and send email to our mechanic he then signs off with his statement when done that SIMPLE.

Pros

How easy it is to review all faults or non faults,I can follow every piece of equipment in now time,or if an employee isn't signing in,great tracking .

Cons

well I'm a slow learner, it took me a couple of trial's and with the help of support i got a lot figured out!!! do i have it all figured out no but as i move forward i feel confident or i call support.

Thanks for the review. It's great that Whip Around is helping you out so much!

A Key to Success for our Small Business.

This product has revolutionized our business in terms of safety, policy and compliance to local, state and federal laws and regulations. It's so accessible and easy to use, that all of my drivers can get a handle on it after their first use and the admin dashboard that I use gives me all the tools I need to monitor and track compliance, maintenance and inspections.

Pros

The customization and ease of use is fantastic and means we can continue to use this platform no matter how big we grow. Customer Service is top notch and features are always being added. You can tell they truly care about their product.

Cons

Very few complaints and only one worth mentioning. The integration options do not include the GPS tracking platform we currently use, which prevents WA from being "all-in-one" for us. I suspect that will change in time as more options are added.

How I love Thee...

Whip Around is a Fantastic software that is essential for our place of business. We have several drivers and trucks in our fleet. Our drivers use it daily for their inspections on their vehicles, we also use it for any mechanical issues our trucks have (if they breakdown for example, etc.) I simply cannot recommend it enough!

Pros

I love how I can see what our drivers are doing. When they get in/leave and do their Pre-trip & Post-trip inspections for their trucks. I also like how easy it is to pull up the information I need or add new vehicles. It really is a bargain for the price of the software and I think everyone should use it!

Cons

I don't have any issues to report on the software, it's always worked great for us!

Overall Very good

Using this type of software reduces the chance of missing potential issues with equipment and has reduced the downtime as faults are reported sooner. Auditors in my experience have been overall impressed with the system and prefer this over searching through filing cabinets.

Pros

Ease of use, modern web interface with good tablet support etc. Ideal for streamlining and keeping on top of daily checks with customisation of templates as you go. Reporting of faults is made efficient with ability to upload images etc Ability to set reminders with email alerts and good customer support when needed. Improvements get made on the fly showing ongoing development of the software is still active.

Cons

Would like to see the option to add templates that are user restricted to allow service templates to be created for maintenance staff. At the moment I cant see how to do this, perhaps its something they are working to implement with a future update ?

Great Product!

This software makes it extremely simple for me to monitor and manage my crews and their fleet on a daily basis. Because I am in the office, I am not on the front line with them daily, but with the help of this software it is like I am , in fact, out there with them because I know as soon as something is wrong. Or right for that matter! They submit to me daily an inspection of their vehicles giving me the piece of mind knowing that they are out there working and traveling safely!

Pros

The ability for me to know that my vehicles are maintained and in good condition on a daily basis, without me having to be out there inspecting them myself is great!

Cons

At this time there is no issue I have with Whip around and think that they development team is doing an exceptional job!