Function Point Reviews

4.4

How would you rate Function Point?

Pros

Overall we have enjoyed it, we are about to get our quickbooks integrated, so that will be nice - hope that it works great.

AW

Alicia W.

Very solid and dependable, excellent QuickBooks integration with good support when needed. By addressing multiple needs - time tracking, estimating and invoice preparation, much time was saved.

RN

Robert N.

The software is so user friendly you can figure almost everything out yourself and if not they have a very helpful support team that will help you with your issue.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that when you make a mistake or key something that needs clarification, a dialog box requiring an action comes up nowhere near where you're currently working on the page.

We've had to create projects for all of these but it then becomes confusing which job number we're referring to.

MD

Madeline D.

Not to mention most of us were project managing out of email. Things were falling through the cracks and it was difficult to track how much time we were actually spending on projects.

PS

Priscilla S.

Can Be Challenging to Collaborate with Co-Workers

Transcript

Maddie M.: Hi, I'm Maddie. I'm a digital media planner at a marketing agency, and I would give Function...

Function Point is integral to the organization of our projects.

Pros

The customer support for our team has been phenomenal. Our rep listened to our traffic issues and helped us come up with the right solution for our company.

Cons

I wish I could look into analytics on my timesheets. We're always trying to increase efficiency so seeing some sort of chart or graph with my billable vs non billable time over the span of different time periods would be very helpful.

Hi Katie, thanks for your kind words here. The great news is that we have the perfect way to visualize your billable/non-billable time over a period of time. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to show you how you can do that in FP!

It can be frustrating but as a creative, I don't like keeping track of my time.

Pros

I like the synchronization between the Task/To Dos list and the time entry. The Dashboard we have seems pretty straight forward.

Cons

The Tasks/To Dos list is challenging because I can't figure out a way to sort my many projects by the due date. I also have a problem with the Task list in the timer section. It only shows 200 projects and at any given time we have at least 300 or more happening at the same time. If I have had to work on a project to which I wasn't assigned, it's impossible to find it except if it's in the Task list. The "Find a Project in the "projects drop down is pretty useless .

Hi Elizabeth, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. The great news is that there are solutions to your concerns above! Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to you to help.

This software is very user-friendly and great for our small five-person agency.

Pros

It keeps all of us informed on who has the ball in their court with the task assigning. With the ability to comment on a project, all who are working on that exact project will receive the note in their email and can follow along from project start to completion.

Cons

When you create a 'note' on a job, and if you forget to actually 'pin' the note to a person, Function Point will not alert you to say 'oops you forgot to checkmark the person you are sending this note to'.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Cathy. Your feedback about pinning notes has been passed on to our product team for consideration.

My experience has been good.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to personalize the dashboard to what I find important to view. The multiple reports that can be run is handy also.

Cons

It would be ideal to have one more tier available above Projects for billing purposes. The compatibility with Microsoft 8 & 10 has not been easy. There were many adjustments that needed to be done on my end to be able to print reports. I still struggle with particular reports running correctly.

Hi Vanessa, thanks for sharing your thoughts on FP with us! Let's see how we can help you with running those reports. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Easy to implement after the training sessions. I am still learning new things nearly 3 years later.

Pros

I love the timekeeping, the reporting and efficiency utilization of the reports. I can see where my staffing has holes, and what jobs are profitable. Priceless! As my company grows, we can utilize more of the FP features.

Cons

The CRM portion is not as streamlined as we originally wanted, but it has improved. It would be great to utilize this as some sort of marketing tool in the future with our prospects.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Jennifer. We love nothing more than to hear that Function Point is scaling with your company's growth. Congratulations on all your success!

Been using for years and overall has great feature set for project management

efficient teamwork environment

Pros

dashboard & task assignments, team collaboration, alerts & subscriptions, dashboard & task assignment

Cons

not very responsive to be mobile friendly to tablet/notebook, one example: help icon covers scroll down and no way to turn off so this one item makes any screens with scroll down ( 80%) difficult to use. The app is only for timesheet which is good for staff, but not much for management.

Thanks for sharing this great feedback with us, CJ! If you'd ever like to elaborate on your suggestions, we'd love to hear it: functionpoint.ideas.aha.io

Great for small-medium business

Pros

I've used FP for 10 years as we've grown from 1 to 12 employees. It's been a lifesaver for proposal writing, time sheet entry and monitoring. Great for consulting firms with a lot of project on the go.

Cons

A few of the reports that the system can generate need some work. Particularly the "Job Summary By Individual". It has a crazy predefined sort order that is not intuitive and doesn't follow Job # sequence! Why?! We use this report every month for invoicing prep. 10 years now and it drives us crazy. Please fix.

Once FP is set-up properly and running, it is very effective

Pros

The reporting functions are great. The little clock that shows up on tracking time to tasks is an incredibly efficient tool. The weekly view for timesheets tracking is enlightening. Dashboard customization allows people to see what is most important to them in order to increase their productivity.

Cons

Sometimes cumbersome (too many clicks) to get from one place to another. Task sometimes don't work the way they need to for tracking timesheets.

Thanks for your feedback, Jason. We appreciate you taking the time to share it with us!

Function Point is fairly easy to use but if you ever have questions they have great customer service

Pros

It helps me streamline my financial picture so I can look at our actual costs versus billed amounts easily to see where we need to improve on our estimating of time/resources needed to improve our overall financial health.

Cons

Sometimes I have a hard time finding things within the software. For example, how to change a setting to have the program do something different. However, the customer service is great so if I get stuck I just reach out and then have a folder in my email to save instructions from FP so the next time I have them handy.

Hi Ceil, thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We're happy to hear about the great experiences you've had with our customer success team!

Function point tool is awesome. It just finishes my work in no time.

as stated earlier

Pros

Reports features, Leave features, Currency features, user-friendly, more approachable, perfect reports as per requirements

Cons

1. When we create a batch invoice the currency (other than default) should be reflecting in the invoice when we print wherein as of today it doesn't reflect. It comes up as default currency. 2. FAM code should come in the "Invoices" tab when we pull all invoices report,

Hi Madhu -- thanks for your kind words. We're so glad to hear that FP is helping Atlas Copco become positively productive!

Function Point has many features and great customer service, sometimes too many features

The benefits far outweigh any cons, but the biggest benefit is having a one stop shop for all of the jobs we have previously. It makes the "same as last time" orders that much easier :)

Pros

I like the ability it saves previous jobs as far back as we have saved jobs. The ability to review previous jobs and provide good customer service to our clients by searching these items, makes my day to day job much easier!

Cons

The ability to customize to my specific day to day tasks. I would love to be able to make it more customer facing and "store front" like in the client portal and not as "warehouse" like.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're so glad we're able to make a difference in your day!

This software has been a great addition for my own business and at the agency that I work.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get started and to use. The software has a lot features and most of them are pretty easy to learn. I believe it makes managing an agency simple and easy.

Cons

There are a couple of things that I would like to see. When I tried integrating with QuickBooks I know it wasn't exactly perfect. Also, when you are using the arrow to sort things numerically or alphabetically the results are suspect.

Thanks for your feedback, Brad! We're so glad to hear that FP is making Mint positively productive!

Function Point Keeps Us Sane

Excellent - the only issue was when they updated the display of the task page and the took the feedback and improved it for the customer!

Pros

I love how naturally intuitive the software is. It's really easy to use and navigate - couldn't be any simpler!

Cons

We were disappointed with how the "add a task" page was functioning but the Customer Service team heard our feedback and restored the page to how it previously displayed.

Hi Katie, thanks for your feedback! We're always ready to listen, so if you ever have other feedback for us, just let us know!

Changed our work lives

Better capture of actual time spent on jobs; more efficient steps from estimating through invoicing.

Pros

Cons

At times there seems to be too many paths to the same goal, when navigating the site looking for a particular step or operation.

Hi Robert, thanks for sharing your kind words and feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to do so.

fairly easy to use, not easy to find documents when you have a bunch tagged to your name

documents saved, easy to see what my team members do

Pros

Briefs and templates are easy to use. Keeps everything organized. Can tag people into the document, pulls job/estimate information in easily

Cons

when someone comments on a note, it doesn't notify you You can't attach a file from an email. you have to drag to desktop and then attach

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Amber! Keep an eye on your inbox -- your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to show you how to customize your alerts.

Function Point is a great tool for organizing all of the work my creative services department does.

Pros

I like that my designers know what tasks to prioritize and that all the information for a job is organized in one place. I like that our internal clients can request new jobs and log in to make comments and see files without having to email attachments.

Cons

Because my team is in-house, we don't need the Estimates feature. I wish there were a way to open a job without first having to open an estimate.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us, Laura. We really appreciate it!

Mark from OtherWisz... aka Power User

Use it everyday, revolutionized our biz from day 1. I have no idea how we would be running our biz without it!

Pros

Easy to use, well organized.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find past notes.

Hi Mark - having your 'non-recommendation' is the greatest of compliments ;). Please know that we're definitely committed to making sure we work for your trust. Feel free to reach out if you have suggestions for how we can make fp. even better!

Great time tracking software. Great for project estimations and invoicing!

Great so far. I haven't used any other tracking software so it's difficult to compare. I like the reliability of the platform though, as it never seems to be down which is important.

Pros

All in one place for timesheets, estimates and invoices.

Cons

Creating a quick estimate for a potential client can be cumbersome. If the deal doesn't close, then you have this client contact in the system which may not be useful, where adding and maintaining this client is not efficient.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Blaine!

Function Point is easy and simple to use. The interface is easily understood by each team member.

Pros

The desktop version is easily understood with a clean interface. I like the option of the mobile application as well for on the go record keeping.

Cons

I love the idea of the mobile application; however, it freezes all the time and needs the bugs worked out. If you can fix these reoccurring issues I'll be a raving fan.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We'd love to learn more about how the FP app is working for you. Feel free to email us at heretohelp@functionpoint.com and we'll get right back to you.

A+

It works, and it isn't any work at all.

Pros

It's easy to use, and it keeps track of everything. I record my time often, sometimes every 15 minutes, and it isn't a problem to enter it quickly. It's not a chore or a hassle, and timesheets are usually both.

Cons

Having to log in every day, even though that only takes about three seconds.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Lee! So glad we could make the time tracking process painless for you!

Solid solution for core business functionalities

Overall Function Point is a great comprehensive tool that helps increase productivity, supports automate many processes within a company and helps improve the collaboration and communication between workers.

Pros

It's best feature is most probably the time tracking functionality. Every employee uses it to track their time daily, then reports will be created and send directly to clients. The real time tracking makes clients happy as they know where their money goes, also the employees have it all saved as input for later. Also great reporting tool: the organisation knows where most time and energy is invested by its employees.

Cons

The one con we can think of is that although for an experienced user it becomes easy to maneuver, it does require training.

have used for more than a year and have very few problems.

Pros

Easy to navigate and retrieve and post information. Using this to enter jobs and track time has been a great help to improve productivity. Also has been a good way of tracking the jobs assigned to me that have been finished for long periods of time.

Cons

I can't delete a time in my timesheet when I entered the wrong job number. Do not have the option to change info from a previous week when I realize that I made a mistake, on the job service.

Thanks for your feedback, Terry! Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to show you the solution for editing timesheets. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Minimal Use

I get frustrated with it, but I also haven't given it a really fair shake in terms of sitting down and learning how to use it.

Pros

For inputting time, it's pretty simple to keep track of jobs.

Cons

It's not very intuitive and there seems to be a pretty huge learning curve to really get to the crunchy stuff. I spend a lot of time just clicking around, trying to find things. This, however, has as much to do with my limited training as anything else.

Farmlands Review

Our experience with Function Point has been a really positive one. Right from the start the FP team were happy to help with any queries and even now with any questions that come up they respond in a timely manner with the answers. The actual program is easy to use and the whole team agrees we don't know what we did without it!

Pros

Ease of use, clear simple design, great reporting and tracking of jobs.

Cons

Having to download files in the files tab can take a while Cant have symbols in links

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us, Penny. I'm so glad to hear that you're having a great customer experience! Please let us know if you ever have other feedback or suggestions.

Overall my experience is positive

Pros

Easy to use Work on multiple browsers / desktop and mobile.

Cons

Limits on file size Improvements to the 'search' function when trying to find a job

Hello, Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that limits on file sizes and search functionality is causing challenges for your team. Let me know if you'd like to talk to the product team at FP to discuss your specific use cases. Best, Saurabh