MindManager Logo

Information mapping and idea visualization tool

MindManager Reviews - Page 2

Fernando T.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Mapas mentales con MindManager

Ayuda a organizar proyectos o inicios de proyectos de forma visual

Pros

La interface de la herramienta, es muy buena e intuititva, facilita en el desarrollo del trabajo.

Cons

El costo es un poco elevado para profesionales independientes.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Ari P.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

A Great Tool for Brainstorming Sessions

We regularly hold a brainstorming session, at least once a week, to explore new concepts for our English clubs. While we can do it manually, after we are using MindManager, I found that our brainstorming sessions have become more focused. We used to get side-tracked during the discussion but MindManager helps us to stay in track.

Pros

MindManager is very easy to use. Just type on it and then connect the various idea into one mindmap. I also like it that MindManager allows users to link various types of documents to its mindmap. This makes it very convenient for us to elaborate our idea using other software such as Word, PowerPoint or Excel.

Cons

Nothing that I dislike from this software. MindManager is very user-friendly and able to help us in sorting our idea in easy steps.

AK

Andrew K.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Mind mapping with lots of different features

Pros

The software has lots of different templates that you can use which allows me to use different formats depending on how I am feeling and what I am using it for. For example, meeting notes get a different template to my brainstorming maps.

Cons

It takes some time to get my mind maps to print in the format that I like. I like it takes up the whole page when printed.

at

anas t.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

evaluation Mindmanager

Pros

la simplicité et l'érgonomie ainsi que la portabilité des résultats

Cons

honnêtement pas de point négatif pour le moment

Showing original review in French. See translation

Legal Services, 201-500 employees

Strong Visual Management Tool

Pros

MindManager helps visualize complex workflows and tasks and offers a high-level view of a project and operational work. I use this tool to help organize project information and provide it to managers for presentations. The application comes built with various templates and excellent, hands on tutorials to learn the program in a quick manner. Mindmanager has a strong interoperbility with other software and forms can be exported into various Microsoft programs, PDF, etc.

Cons

This tool is not scalable. In order to take advantage of all of its features requires extensive use by the end user. It's really a tool for a specific view in an organization.

PC

Pawel C.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 10,001+ employees

MindManager- short review

I'm working often with the software and I have to give only positive feedback- really good software!

Pros

MindManager is very user friendly and ease of use. The software helps us to find creative and non obvious solutions.

Cons

I don't like negotation part with the vendor- we don't received better price than price from official price list.

HB

Hjalmar B.

Used monthly for 2+ years

The mindmaps can be created in various ways and always look clean.

Drawing some usefull and nice mind maps for knowledge gathering and presentation.

Pros

Clean and structured maps with plenty features to tune each part and each branch. Even task management or at least to indicate a projects completion is integrated. The MS Word integration is a handy tool to turn an outline into a mind-map. The flow charts are an especially nice feature to present the data. The Mindmanager is very feature rich and provides a clean interface.

Cons

The possibility to create free mind maps, that means which do not align to any grid or hierarchal structure is either very well hidden or not possible at all. That is a missing feature.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Best mindmapping for business purposes - ever!

I use it for almost everything in my business. Brainstorms, planning, delegation, project management, blog posts

Pros

The intuitive ease of use - the sync with almost everything - the new business interfaces

Cons

nothing really - it's just perfect to me

GP

Graciela P.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

MindManager a great tool for great business

My experience was good and i like this software.

Pros

When I was using this software i notice that the differents tools have a good use and are really useful, those tools and functions are the best thing in this software because it let us to have a great management

Cons

It's a little bit difficult to understand, bit when you learn how, it's really useful.

JB

Jeremy B.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

HATE Mindjet's billing practices!

really despise their billing practices and forcing upgrades.

Pros

Easy to use but HATE Mindjet's billing practices!

Cons

Forced upgrades.... I have used Mindjet for over 10+ years and bought upgraded versions about 4ish times in that.... when the latest OSX update they refused to put out a "patch" and forced new upgrades for the first 2+ months! No less their subscription server auto-billed an OLD credit 8 months into my "free 1 year upgrade window".... at this point only reason I have kept using it is lots of old files in mindjet format!

Eric M.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

great for thought processing

Pros

great way to segment things out (projects, organizational charts, etc) that gave you a full picture of the job rather than a bulleted list

Cons

some employees couldn't follow the alternative way of the information flow

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great for Windows users but on the expensive side.

Pros

I used Mindjet for more than a decade and was very happy with the software until I migrated to Mac OS. Mindjet was for years the best mind mapping software out there and they have a solid offering which is very mature on Windows.

Cons

The pricing options are on the expensive side and the mac edition is second-grade. I downloaded the mac edition and eventually just felt that the price is too high for a product which is not 100% on par with the windows version. I eventually moved to XMind and I am very happy with my choice.

JR

Joseph R. S.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Love the tool and wouldn't use any other mind mapper out there

Pros

Makes organizing a team brainstorm a piece of cake and allows for us to visually organize different projects in one file that can be managed by multiple team members.

Cons

Sometimes the layouts can be a bit unruly especially when working with a larger mind map. We usually find that if a mind map gets too big then it is time for a separate file.

TL

Tithia L.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Good business brainstorming software

Give me full workflow and roadmap of my business and personal usage.

Pros

I have been using in the trial version, I found that it is great for who need to make a plan or road map for a business or personal life. It will give you full function and understand each flow of work with easy to navigate. If you are looking for planning and roadmap software then it is great for your choice. Cheers,

Cons

There is no problem on using this software because it gives full function on what I need.

DB

Dirk B.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

MindManager ist a great tool to cluster your thoughts at the beginning of a new project

MindManager allows me to quickly get started on a project and to prepare a kick-off quickly and efficiently

Pros

It is easy to use and provides a very useful tool to get started on a new Project. I use it to brainstorm at the beginning of a new Project to make sure I have an overview of the relevant Topics for that Project. MindManager gives me an easy way to organize my thoughts

Cons

I wish there was a better way to let the user determine which clusters he wants in what place. Sometimes it's a a Little bit of a pain to get things in the desired order

FA

Frances A.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

MindManager is my program of choice!

I have used Mind Manager since version Pro X5 (2004). I used it for school when I was a student and for work for both project planning and brainstorming. I had tried a free mind mapping program but did not like it as much as I liked Mind Manager.

Pros

MindManager is easy to use because the interface is like to Microsoft products. It is great for project planning and brainstorming. It was easy to use from the start.

Cons

The cost is a downside because they update it frequently, and the upgrade cost is expensive.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Mind mapping app worth checking

The contact with the vendor is really good. The offer is great. The tool is worth checking .

Pros

It's quite easy to use, have good features and it's easy to install. I recommend checking it for mind mapping - better then paper.

Cons

Some features looks old-school, but in general it's a good tool, but sometime it feels like better paint.

at

allan t.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

organise you mind and ideas

Pros

It s a simple and powerfull tool to organize idea and planning to implement them. The new version (2018) add some priority view and schedulute view to your mindmap files. Now you can also export to powerpoint (pc only) because of HTML5 integration. You can also replace projet with mindmanager with Gantt Pro addition. SharePoint integration is better now than previous version.

Cons

Price is high even for upgrade and Windows version is not equal to mac version. Many functions are not available like excel sync, Dropbox integration… but mac version is half price.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Organize Your Mind to Control Your Brainstorming

Structured Brainstorming is key for engineering work, this tool allows you to do that.

Pros

This allows you to make brainstorming more organized and structured. Creating linkages and flows allows you to see interactions as well.

Cons

This directs you to do brainstorming too much sctructured and sometimes you lost in the charts etc as creating charts etc not easy and you are losing motivation to use.

Evens S.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

I was looking for a tool that helps me connect my ideas and organize our brainstorming sessions

My ideas can easily speaks for themselves after entering them in Mindjet Mindmanager!

Pros

Very easy to use. You catch very fast how the software operates. Many different templates of organigrams and schemas are available. The cost model is not yearly. You pay one time and you get it for a lifetime. You only pay per years for the support and updates.

Cons

It is missing some functionnalities but the developpers at Mindjet seems open to create them for you. Sometimes, you will start a diagram 2 to 3 times before finding the right model to use.

TK

Tony K.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Keep clear if you own a Mac

I would really keep clear if you aim to use this on a Mac.

Pros

It apparently has good functionality, but you can't realise it as the text is blurry on Macs

Cons

The text is blurry on a Mac screen. The suggested fixes, such as "choose to smooth font" don't work. A very expensive waste of money

RW

Ron W.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Nice software but too complex

Pros

Some of the mind mapping features are solid and some of the flowcharting is good.

Cons

Thee are too many complexities for most users.

NELSON G.

Used monthly for 2+ years

I always use it when I have a Brainstorm meeting!

Use it, in each meeting!

Pros

Powerful tool when you have a struggle meeting, when you have a lot of ideas, it's easy to use applying template with differents themes. It's integrated with Microsoft Outlook

Cons

No cons for MindManager. It's my favorite tool when I have struggles meetings. Just deploy any template to catch any ideas.

KO

Klaus O.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Bewertung Mind Manager

Pros

Ideales Tool um Ideen eines Brainstormings systematisch zu ordnen. Es gibt auch Tolle Vorlagen für diverse Themenbereiche.

Cons

Zur Teamarbeit weniger gut geeignet. Software relativ teuer nach kostenloser Testphase.

Showing original review in German. See translation

TB

Travis B.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Really good and easy to use to get my ideas out

Overall its a great tool for getting your thoughts down on paper

Pros

Easy to use and great for brain storming! Great software and lots of customisation like the ability to add pictures and icons to maps

Cons

The software is a bit pricy compared to some online software but its very robust and I love how it works