Member Solutions Logo

The complete CRM built to boost your efficiency—& cash flow.

Member Solutions Reviews

Suggested alternatives

teamup
wellnessliving
mindbody

All are the absolute best at what they do. It's always a pleasure dealing with them and for all their help.
I have been with Member Solutions for 15 years and my experience with them has been amazing.
Customer service excellent, Website Excellent, All around #1 Company and Personnel. I would and have recommended this company to many people, who are very pleased I did.
It's is terrible to view classes, select classes and pay. Scrolling left to right and up and down to do anything is aggravating.
When we would ask them to refund ridiculous late fees that WE DON'T CHARGE AND THEY KEEP, they would tell us they can refund the late fee but then WE WOULD BE CHARGED that fee.

GB

Gary B.

Member Solutions will free you up to do what you love to do - teaching martial arts.

Member Solutions has serviced my business, The Baltimore Martial Arts Academy, since its inception in 1996. Over the years, I have been approached by other billing companies such as EFT, Martial Soft, Mind Body, Kicksight. and others. All of these other companies claimed they could save me money and offer better service for my business. This could not be further from the truth and was obvious to...

Cons

Gary, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of 19 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining Long Term Relationships with our clients. Thank you for such an in depth review of Member Solutions, and know that we appreciate your business. I look forward to many more years of success. - Joe Galea - Senior Vice President Client Relations

JK

Jacki K.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Super easy to use, and when it's not, just call someone! Everyone is great help!

I don't have to chase people who are problematic. If i have questions someone always answers. I never have to wait long to talk to someone. Everything that i implement in the software happens fast.

Pros

I like the ease of access. Everything is super straight forward, logical and makes sense. I really like the layout and how everything is set up for data entry. I also like it allows the option for statement billing. It's really flexible with the options it allows the client to enter. Everything is easy to see and easy to find.

Cons

The only issue I've ever had was just where do I find this and I just call and talk to someone and they help me right away. If I were to improve anything, and this is just minor, but the font size is small on the navigation and me, and a few of our other instructors, all wear glasses and find it difficult to read at times.

Jacki, thank you for your kind words, feedback and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients--whenever or wherever they need us. We're grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business. We look forward to our continued partnership.

cc

catherine c.

Non business-centric, shop elsewhere

Member Solutions knows they lack programming. When you call to discuss a software bug with them, they give you a work around patch up instead of correcting the problem. The patch ups then cause future issues.

Pros

There is not much to like about this program. I guess I would say the ease of looking up a customer is the only positive I can come up with.

Cons

Too many to list, but here's a few: it does not help you collect money, nor does it steer toward income driven sales. It tries a credit card once and then won't retry unless you do each individual card. If a customer is set up for auto pay on credit card, their payment still defaults to cash when you attempt to pay if card was declined. No system for retrying all failed cards. Take an overpayment and it does not apply to next outstanding invoice, it just overpays a single invoice. Payments/Invoices are difficult to track because they are all labeled the same date regardless of when the customer pays. Reports are lacking. Members can sign up and have active accounts without having a gym membership! I do not recommend this software, it has many "bugs". Very poorly programmed.

Catherine, thank you for sharing your feedback on our payment-related features. I'm happy to share that we recently released some enhancements to the way the software handles invoices that you may be interested in. In addition, we do offer a simple add-on service to help with payment collection for declined credit cards and delinquent accounts. I'd be happy to tell you more about both of these features to see if they might be a good fit for your business. Please contact us at 877.600.3811 or support@membersolutions.com to schedule a convenient time to chat. The Member Solutions Team

DH

Derrek H.

I'm using all of their services to help grow my business

I’m Derrek Hofrichter. I’m the owner of East Valley Krav Maga. I opened my school up in 2011. I spent the first year or so handling billing internally. I thought I was saving money. It turns out I was wasting a lot of time and not actually saving money. And so I found Member Solutions, and I’ve been a client of theirs since then. They’ve helped me out in so many different ways. I really appreciate...

PC

Paul C.

Pros

I like the ease / user friendliness about the software. It is very easy to navigate around to check reports etc. Love the customer care reps that come with it as well. Everyone is very nice and super helpful at Member Solutions. Great team and software!! Member Solutions is always trying to improve and evolve with the times.

Cons

I really like the software and have really nothing to criticize. But if I had to pick something then I would say that I would like the ability to freeze and unfreeze accounts, but calling in or writing a web note is not a problem so it is not of huge concern at al.

Paul, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of 15 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We¿re grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent customer service and user friendly products for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

Lauren S.

Software can be challenging and lacking functionality, but customer support is always helpful.

Pros

The task and alert system for tracking what needs to happen next to follow up with a lead or member is incredibly useful, as well as the associated "Contact log" that lets you see all of the correspondence you and other employees have recorded with a lead. Different businesses will find different levels of success with using it's various reports and features based on how they initially set up the software and what kind of check-in system they use.

Cons

Sometimes does not communicate properly with MS billing side so that discrepancies appear once in a while. Small functionality bugs, like not being able to set a class or event to repeating forever, create annoyances and problems. Customer service can help with work arounds. Web Widgets are useful, but lead capture widget is very constrained to specific inputs.

Lauren, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're so glad to hear that we've helped you with tracking tasks and communications to both leads and members. We are currently working to enhance billing synchronization. In the meantime, please contact to our support team with any issues or concerns. We'd like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. You can reach us at 877.600.3811 or support@membersolutions.com. - The Member Solutions Team

Courtney C.

I find it frustrating how many things cant be tailored or edited in a way that would better serve us

Pros

The customer service- they are always so quick to respond. The chat function makes life super easy! Reps are awesome.

Cons

Invoicing has many limitations. Can't edit or go back once an invoice is created. Software seems to have random glitches with invoicing. It will show that it's processed and then the next day it will go back to being owing, etc.

Courtney, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide you with excellent customer service. If you have any questions regarding editing and processing invoices please contact our support team at 877.600.3811, as we have a very recent release with enhancements to these areas. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

RP

Raquel P.

Decent but needs more options

Pros

Ease of low maintenance with ppl being able to book and pay all at once. It is easy to log on most of the time

Cons

You only have the option to cxl a class directly before the class or 24 hours prior. It is a HUGE disatifier

Hi, Raquel. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped keep your bookings low maintenance. I have submitted your thoughts on allowing an hourly designation to booking cancellations, for future development consideration. If there¿s any additional information required, a Support Representative will reach out to you. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

DV

Della V.

works well

Pros

easy tracking of client appointments, easy to tell when a client owes money. Easy for payroll and scheduling of multiple appointment types

Cons

unable to upload documents to email out, unable to search via questions, hard to customise to our specific needs

Della, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide easy tracking for appointments and finances to you and your business. If you have a question regarding customizations, please contact our support team at 877.600.3811. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Chris C.

Incredible Customer Support

Pros

The billing website is a bit cumbersome and out of date, but the customer service is absolutely incredible. Each time I speak with a representative, they are quick to help out and very knowledgeable. Their Premium Package is great. I don't have to chase down students for payment or declined credit cards. MSI takes care of all of the billing for me, so I can just focus on my school and my students.

Cons

The user interface is a bit antiquated and doesn't work well on mobile devices. It would be nice to see a facelift.

Chris, thank you for sharing your feedback. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to provide you, and your business, with the Customer Support you deserve. We appreciate your thoughts on how we can enhance our billing website and will be sure to reach out if we have additional questions. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

ME

Mishel E.

11-50 employees

WORST COMPANY EVER!

The experience with Member Solutions has been a colossal waste of time, money (we lost about $30,000 because of them), and energy. The customer service is horrendous. There is a disconnect between their two companies and whenever there was an issue each would blame the other. I could give countless examples of their incompetence. (PLEASE SEE CONS SECTION).

Pros

None, stay away from this company.

Cons

-Terrible communication and customer-service. Tyler is on top of that list. He is rude and condescending and never tried to actually help. He would give us the run-around and sometimes outright refuse to help. -They charge your customers late fees on paying their bill but THEY KEEP THE MONEY FOR YOUR SERVICE. -They will not waive late fees unless manually told for each person. -When we would ask...

PN

Poul N.

11-50 employees

downward spiral experience

Stay away, not as advertised. It's going to be a money pit for your business

Pros

In 2011 this was a Canadian run business and everything worked. The attractive calendar system and staff payroll system works.

Cons

Over the past two years especially since September 2016 the reporting on the software has not been working. Importantly the physical reports which are important for any business owner to understand their actualized income as well as their deferred revenue. None of these reports work, and the support staff keeps apologizing but they do not have a timeline or solution to make it work. Plus items which clients are pre-purchased for disappear, or not remove from their inventory, which is a financial havoc in a poor customer service solution. My business has to give thousands of dollars and I am not exaggerating, in compensation to clients for sessions which have disappeared from the my Volo member Solutions. Stay away from the software's absolute garbage.

RD

Ryan D.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

MSI claimed a verbal inquiry to cancellation was a binding agreement under their harsh terms.

They touch your money which is pointless because the tech exists to get paid directly with other services. They will treat you like garbage if you mention cancelling. They will hold onto exorbitant amounts of your money if you attempt to cancel early. If you wind down your service to avoid this they will claim your verbal inquiry into quitting constitutes a signed agreement to quit under their ridiculous terms and then hold your money anyways.

Pros

The best part of their software is the help button so you can talk to an employee every time their cumbersome software does something other than what you wanted.

Cons

For simple tasks like changing a customer payment method you will need to dig through many pages to select the same option multiple times. If you forget one step your changes won't happen and you will have unhappy customers.

JG

Jeffrey G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

I could not run my business without Membership Manager from Member Solutions.

The software is easy to use. It does scheduling, emails, one-time payments, recurring payments and Member Solutions follows up with my delinquent account. I cannot say enough great things about this software and the company

Pros

The software is easy to use. I am not very technical when it comes to computers and the software makes it easy for me to schedule and take one-time and recurring payments. The best part is that they call my delinquent customers for me! I have not made a delinquency call in 6 years as they do it for me. I am now thinking about getting a merchant account through Member Solutions as well to take one-time payments.

Cons

Jeff, thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We're so glad to hear that our software has had a positive impact on your business. We recommend our preferred partner for merchant processing, Constellation Payments, to handle your one-time payments. Please contact us at 888.277.4409 with questions.

NP

Nick P.

Wonderful, we haven't had any problems with the program or staff

Pros

Searching and checking in for families is very easy. The staff is always a pleasure to speak with, very knowledgeable and patient when it comes to explaining things and answering questions for training and every day needs.

Cons

We would love to have all of the information listed on one page instead of clicking into different categories. Financial reports should include ALL payments for the month, instead of not including future payments, and not including accounts that have gone from active to paid.

Hi, Nick. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped simplify your day-to-day. We'd like to learn more about your thoughts on our financial reports. Please call 877.600.3811 to speak with our support team. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

FC

Frank C.

Overall, MSI programming is good. I have tried using other services and I am still very happy.

Pros

MSI is extremely user friendly with logical programming and top-notch customer service. The administrative reports are also easy to navigate and full of essential details. I particularly like the new collection service (first data credit) that has been integrated a few years back.

Cons

There is no independent frozen list in the report section, so it is extremely hard to accurately calculate monthly revenue totals.

Frank, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of nearly seven years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We are grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide top notch customer service for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

NC

Nancy C.

I have used Member Solutions for over 18 years & have consistently had exemplary service.

I can access every detail of my students' financial situation within my school.

Pros

I love the amount of information I can easily access about every account I have ever had. I am able to see every aspect of each membership, from notes I have entered myself to those made my MSI employees.

Cons

I would like to see the text of the auto dialed messages when MSI contacts my students or account holders.

Nancy, it is great to hear from a satisfied client of over 18 years. At Member Solutions, we take pride in developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with our clients. We¿re grateful for your trust and support. We look forward to continuing to provide easily accessible account information to you for many years to come. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

AB

Alex B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Member Solutions is an excellent platform that's easy for our staff to learn and our members to use!

Simple reliable month billing. Good support, and a pleasant experience for our members.

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to see the information I need access to the most. The search functions are intuitive and easy to learn, and entering new contracts is straightforward and easy to confirm.

Cons

I have not been able to get much functionality out of the majority of the more complex financial reports.

Alex, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're grateful for the opportunity to provide reliable, easy-to-use solutions for you and your business. If you have a question regarding financial reports, please contact our client services team at 888.277.4407. Thank you for your partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

OB

OBrien B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

once I was used to the program it was great

Pros

the task reminders help me schedule my days and follow up with clients as well as potential clients

Cons

some things should auto link into accounts and onto the contracts to make it easier to see progress from prospect to member

Hi, O'Brien, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our software and services. We're so glad to hear that we've helped you and your staff keep track of your daily tasks. Also, we appreciate your thoughts on enhancing the tracking of a member's life cycle. I have passed this along for future development consideration. We will contact you if more information is required. Thank you for your business and partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Catherine C.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Terrible software riddled w/glitches, patch fixes cause new issues, loss of biz income, DO NOT BUY!

None. I would never recommend this program to anyone, it's terrible and I'm not sure why it is still on the market.

Pros

Cons

Everything is a con in this software. Don't make the same error I did buy this junk. Currently, I'm shopping to migrate everything to a new software program.There is nothing positive to say about this program. I've lost money, clients, valuable time, customer leads, income, the list goes on. Absolutely awful.

Catherine, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're committed to providing the best possible solution for your business and we value your input. We continuously invest in software enhancements that will improve the experience for you and all our clients. We encourage you to share additional feedback with us directly at 877.600.3811. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

KD

Kelly D.

Volo

Pros

The software is very easy to use. It has all the info needed to help me run my small business

Cons

No real problems with the software. Every once in a while there are small problems but the staff always fixes it as soon as they can. There online chat people are great.

Kelly, thank you for your kind words and recommendation! We're so glad you find the software easy-to-use and that it helps you run your business more efficiently. We're grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business. We look forward to our continued partnership. -- The Member Solutions Team

Ph

Patrick h.

It's been a tremendous experience with this company!! They're anazing

Pros

The customer service is outstanding!! All are the absolute best at what they do!! It's always a pleasure dealing with them and for all their help :))

Cons

That we didn't switch back to them sooner!! We had used their software previously at another facility and loved it.

Patrick, thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We are always happy to help our clients¿whenever or wherever they need us. We¿re grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your business again. We look forward to our continued partnership.

LB

Laurie B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Have been using for billing for a few years

Ability for clients to register themselves and ability to process sales without POS machine

Pros

I like the color and Graphics, they are easy to read. As a non-tech type person I find the Volo system intuitive and pretty user friendly. It is fairly easy to adjust price discounts and to process refunds.

Cons

There seem to be some picky details - like contract dates that seem difficult to fix by myself and require assistance from help suppor person

Laurie, thank you for sharing your feedback. We're so glad to hear that we've provided you with a visually pleasing and intuitive software. We are working to enhance the ability to process real-time adjustments to contracts. In the meantime, please contact to our support team with any issues or concerns. We¿d like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. You can reach us at 877.600.3811 or support@membersolutions.com. ¿ The Member Solutions Team

AF

ANDREW F.

Farley's Taekwondo Center Visalia, CA

The software for my business works out great. I'm happy, my students are happy so what more could I ask for? The team that comes a long with it is exceptional at what they do. If you still haven't made up your mind yet and need more convincing then give me a call. Farley's Tae Kwon Do Center 559-627-4339

Pros

Member Solutions professional and friendly team is what lead to my decision of signing up. I did my research first. I reached out to others but what stood out the most was how fast Member Solutions responded to me. Not by email or by a packet in the mail but by a phone call where I was able to talk with someone and have all my questions answered for me right away. Deborah Glassman, the account...

Cons

My only complaint, which is not with Member Solutions but for me, is why I didn't sign up when I first opened.

TM

Thomas M.

Quarterly Review - Feb 2013

I'm still having difficulty navigating through the software at times trying to resolve problems that I most likely created learning the system. I'm happy with the system, but still learning my way in the process.

Pros

Customer support (on-line chat but more specifically via telephone) has been outstanding. The software system is certainly fully functional for maintaining staff schedules and processing account payments.

Cons

The software seems designed more for the large, big box fitness clubs, which could make it difficult for small boutique type clubs where staff requirements are more personalized and facilities are more constrained. For someone like me that was not familiar with fitness club software, I found the business software concept difficult to grasp. Initial training was limited to several 30-min webinars...