Franpos POS System Reviews

3.64/5 (25 reviews)

Stephanie Boysen

Using for a year

Reviewed 2016-12-07

We have been using the system for a little over a year. We have had some bumps along the way. The customer service was very good in the beginning and then it got REALLY bad! It is better now. There is still room for improvement but the developers listen to what the customers need and try to accommodate. I do not recommend using the IPad as your main register as it is very slow and freezes up all the time. Overall we are happy with the system as long as they have customer service agents like Thomas that are helpful.

Pros
The inventory management from one location is my favorite feature of this software.

Cons
Having to have special log-ins for each of our locations to do inventory. Letting the inventory count go into the negative even when you have this feature turned off. Not being able to edit all aspects of a product. I have to go into each sku under the "more tab" to enable serial number to get items to list separately and then when you ring said item up that little pop up screen on the register slows down the check out process on the front end.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kristen Wolfe

FranPOS Retail

Reviewed 2019-08-06

I have not had any major issues with this program. It does a lot of updates that does not pertain to my business.

Pros
Easy to find items on the register if the barcode does not scan. The loyalty program is great since it can also track receipts from prior purchases to know what the customer previously purchased. It can also set up text marketing.

Cons
It does not automatically override discounts in order to give customer the best discount. Random items pop up on the screen when checking out a customer. The “hide keyboard” button doesn’t show up when creating a new gift card.,

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Josephine Chan

Easy to use and value for the money

Reviewed 2016-12-06

It is overall very easy to use and the cost is very reasonable. They customized to the company's products and services and reports are very easy to pull. The only few things I have noticed that needs to be fixed are: - gift cards cannot put in dollar value if you are working from a computer / only works on iPad - Credit cards are not run with the program (it is separate so you have to click Outside Payments) - Customers created on a laptop may not be synced with the customers created on the iPad

Pros
Easy to use and good reporting functionality

Cons
There are little glitches here and there but they can be bypassed on daily operations.

Larry Green

PC vs iconnect

Reviewed 2016-12-06

I went from using a pc based pos to iconnect. It is great to be able to be away from my business and see how sales are going or to make changes with out being onsite. Their tech support has been wonder and responds quickly. The price can't be beat compared to the other cloud based systems I looked into. They are responsive to suggestions and willing to listen to my needs/wants.

Pros
Price and flexibility

Cons
Some of the features that I would like are not available but I am working around them.

Mala Shah

Best pos system for small businesses

Reviewed 2017-01-09

Using iconnect has made every task so easy, from creating customer profiles, to inventory control, sales and transactions!

Pros
The ease of use and the simplicity of icons

Cons
Sometimes the speeds with the data sync can be challanging

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Raymond Greggs

Iconnect Review from Seva partner (5254)

Reviewed 2016-12-16

The software is surprisingly easy to use. The previous update took away one the features that I valued most and that was the revolving windows on the dashboard. After seeing this update I submitted a help ticket to tech support. I received a timely response and within a few weeks, the feature had been reinserting Ed back into the software. Support such as this is a great help to new business people such as myself that needs to devote as much time as possible to the core aspects of my business. Thank you.

Pros

Cons
Sync feature sometimes is intermittent

Tara Lyyski

Great Product!

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Pros
I loved that this product has so many different features like payroll, scheduling employees and booking appointments.

Cons
It took a bit to get used to but no issues otherwise.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Alejandro Lepe

Good POS but very bad Customer Service for the money you pay

Reviewed 2018-11-14

We use it for almost 5 years, we want to change but it is no that easy because they already have all our history information (clients, payments, numbers)

Pros
Have good reports, and you can have multistore options.

Cons
Very bad video and write resources. You have to learn by your self, and the customer service is the worst they can´t help you never. And the price is very high.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Isabella Roversi

Wanted to love it...

Reviewed 2016-12-07

I really wanted to love it but it falls seriously short of expectations... the system is constantly crashing and customer support always claims it is internet speed despite speed test suggesting the opposite. Many of the functionalities are useless... You are better off going elsewhere.

Pros
Friendly interface

Cons
Everything else... crashes constantly, cannot take even moderate input. Not stable at all.

Austin Tyler

Great experience

Reviewed 2016-12-07

iconnect does it all. I had a lot of trouble with ease of use with my previous pos provider as well as being able to contact my provider when software errors occurred. I received a business saving phone call from a young man who was just so polite and articulate, that receiving the crucial information I needed was a walk in the park. He can't play the drums very well but he sure can help a customer! \

Pros

Cons
Not hearing about this great software sooner!

Ellen Barnes

It's alright

Reviewed 2016-12-06

Collects a lot of data but very hard to access it in a meaningful format. Needs work on customizing reports per the user's criteria.

Cons
inability to customize criteria for reports

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Valerie R.

Could not be happier with my new system!

Reviewed 2015-02-19

I've tried all kinds of POS solutions for my medium size hair salon and spa, and none of them seemed to provide everything I was looking for: - Cloud-based - Easy to setup - Easy to book and checkout clients - Rewards program and marketing - Doesn't cost a bank to get started - Full-featured but portable The iConnect team was very responsive to all my requests, I've been very happy with the system so far. I love that they provide a free companion iPad app as well!

Drew Johnson

Very Intuitive

Reviewed 2016-12-06

When I was initially looking for a point of sale I had a criteria list. iConnect went to fulfill all of them that I needed. They take care of us when there's any trouble with the register system at the store. Their inventory management system is awesome. It's definitely a good fit for retailers such as myself.

Pros
Inventory Management System

Cons
Lag. Rarely

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Bridgett Higginbotham

Customer service a complete joke

Reviewed 2016-10-08

The worst customer service I have ever experienced. I notice there are alot of positive reviews about this company , and I also notice they are all quite old, not from anyone recently. I have literally had nothing but bad experiences with this company and in particular the customer service. If you have a problem, you are screwed. Completely ignored emailed to tech support, unreturned phone calls. After waiting for an hour on hold, you get thru and are told to email over the issues, which then go ignored again. I could not be more disappointed with a product or company.

Pros
inventory control

Cons
CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Rene Cain

Terrible

Reviewed 2016-10-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I was told it had ecommerce capabilities before purchasing only to be told it was being developed and hopefully available within a few months. I was charged 4 times for the purchase and could not get a return phone call regarding this. It constantly shuts down and the hardware they say it will work with is false! The owner and all employees are extremely rude! So much potential but a lot of kinks..

Pros
Built in Loyalty Text and emailed rcpt

Cons
Not finished Rude employees No ecommerce

Kate S

Needs more reporting functionality

Reviewed 2016-12-19

I think it's a decent POS system, however, the reporting functionality is lackluster and hard to use. Specifically, the inventory management as well as staff management. And more charting options for sales and sales types (specific products by employee and sales per hour for instance) would be very helpful.

Mala Shah

Pos short comings

Reviewed 2016-12-20

I connect is one of the easier POS systems I've used but it has its flaws at times, from the registered force closing to hanging, it can make the busy days challenging.

Randi Graham

Problems in the details

Reviewed 2016-12-06

The overall functions are easy to use. I have found inconsistencies within various reports. I don't always receive responses when I reach out to company.

Ashlee Lopez

Unsatisfied with my service

Reviewed 2016-12-16

To whom it may concern, I depend on IconnectPOS to give me my sales records efficiently and 100% accurate at all times. I can't trust my service due to it not adding up my total sales and disbursing them in there rightful place every single time. I have to look in three different sections to figure out which section is truthful and which is not. It is difficult to run a business with a checkout system that is never on point like it should be. I feel some major updates need to be done.

Murad Rupani

Reviewed 2016-12-06

Easy to use and customer support is great specially Thomas& eayl also Ryan We get all the reports we need is on our fingertips we love

Anu Kohli

Good software but couple things still need improvment

Reviewed 2016-12-16

We are working with this software from last year not bad but sometimes don't understand when you have to elaborate your stuff.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jessica Velasco

So easy to use!

Reviewed 2016-12-06

Very easy to use and to teach the employees. Excellent source to manage your business. -all reports you need.

Deena Mali

Great service

Reviewed 2016-12-17

We always get our order on time and accurate. Even if we have any dispute on order always take care

Viacheslav Galanov

Great POS solution

Reviewed 2015-02-20

Great solutions, easy to start.. You are free to use your IPad, PC, Mac.. what ever you whant. Good job!

Pradeep Sapkota

Excellent POS system for modern world

Reviewed 2015-02-19

Experience the top notch POS system to run business anywhere and anytime with full set of features.