GloriaFood Logo

GloriaFood

Order management and delivery platform for restaurants

GloriaFood Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.35/10

Reviews by rating

Super easy to use with great additional features like payments for an additional fee.
I like that it is a feature rich software and the customer service is very responsive.
This for marketing generates problems, so you are forced to take the marketing package if you want to make small marketing strategies.
Limit of feature development, and lack of local banks online payments.

Luis Fernando C.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

The best software for e-commerce in restaurants

In general, the software is made so that the technical support sleeps more than they really need to work.

Pros

What most represents this software is its simplicity. The user experience is incredible, it is made in an intentionally simple way to use but its simplicity does not affect the functionalities at all.

Cons

What would turn this software around, based on my two-year experience working with it, is more third-party integration. On the other hand, an api that allows you to receive data would not hurt.

JE

Jack E.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Comprehensive review of GloriaFood from long-time partner

Despite the missing features and some quirks, I would rate my experience with GloriaFood as hands-down a very good experience. The addition of multiple tablet support, an accurate calculation of delivery fees, and a more flexible promotions template would make this the very best system in the world, in my opinion.

Pros

Menu builder, integration with third-party delivery dispatch systems, multi-lingual interface, easy to use by customers, easy to use by restaurant staff, mature product with large installed user base, ability to add ordering capability to existing website, Google Profile and business Facebook page, availability of free WordPress plugin if integrating the product into a WordPress website. Among the optional PAID features, the automatic payment system and the ability to create multiple promotional offers is very helpful.

Cons

Restaurant is limited to only one tablet (no ability to have one tablet at front of house and another tablet in the kitchen), unable to calculate accurate delivery fees based on actual driving distance (this is the #1 complaint from a majority of my clients). Certain promotions cannot be adequately defined with the available formula templates. For example, it is not possible to define a FIXED DOLLAR AMOUNT discount on delivery fees (only a percentage discount is allowed). While the support staff is sympathetic to those reporting "missing features", the reality is that the product roadmap is inflexible and I have had no success obtaining features that have been requested for almost five years.

ST

Shayne T.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

It's a good app but just one vital problem is plagueing it

Setting up was easy. Using it is intuitive. Only issue is order management and that awful forced max volume alert. Every other food ordering app (Ubereats, Skip, Fantuan, Doordash, and their direct competitors) have volume control and notification settings! I don't understand why GloriaFood think they need to force this on owners. Their only recommendation is to add an external bluetooth speaker but you know what? You aren't the only food ordering app, we can't add a bluetooth speaker JUST for you when restaurants typically use multiple food ordering apps at a time... seriously arrogant developers. Otherwise the app is good. If it weren't for this single problem that makes the app simply unusable in our quiet restaurant, we would've highly recommended this app.

Pros

The base features are free allowing you to test the application before committing to a subscription. The set up was easy and the website builder creates a nice looking website. The ordering process works fine. It's also available in multiple languages which is nice.

Cons

As per the title, there is one outrageous issue with the software and it's fully intended by the developer. The notification/alert is an very obnoxious sound and it is on FULL volume. Even if you lower your devices volume or mute it, it doesn't matter. The app will force your device back to full volume and blast the hideous alert repeatedly until you accept/deny the order. This is a fully intended...

KM

Kevin M.

Lifesaver during the first and second Covid-19 Social Distancing in Vietnam

As I mentioned GloriaFood helped our restaurant a lot. It was a surprise feature during the first social distancing campaign here. A competitors system went offline the first week and this GloriaFood system really helped. Right now we are using both this system and GrabFood. GrabFood may get more orders but per order, GloriaFood brings in higher revenue. Our loyal customers will use GloriaFood even though they know they can always get a good discount with GrabFood.

Pros

The software is easy to setup and implement with Facebook or website (WordPress in our case). We got it up and running just in time for the first social distancing which closed the restaurants except for deliveries. Customers were easily able to adapt to this app. Training the staff to use it was a breeze. What is good about this software was the ability to add photos to each food item if needed. Our customers needed it. The reports and heatmaps are another valuable asset to the this app as well. We can see exactly where we need to focus on our deliveries more.

Cons

Not related to the app but if a customer ordered via Facebook, then they tended to message us on whether we got their order or not. Other issues, if there was bad bandwidth, the restaurant would tend to blame me, rather than the bandwidth, if there were issues with the app. One thing I would like to see are tabbed menus. Restaurants like the one I manage the IT for have many food items. A tabbed menu will be helpful.

AS

Alicia S.

Life Saver

Great customer service, easy set up and maintenance, great functionality!

Pros

In this year of scrambling to adjust our business model in response to the Covid19 Pandemic the GloriaFood online ordering platform was a life saver. This platform allowed us to keep our business open and keep the hungry people fed while abiding by our local Covid19 mandates and best practices for due diligence in keeping our staff and customers safe. I'm excited to see how much it helps our efficiency in service this upcoming summer as we get back to a more normal business model!

Cons

I'm excited for updates to reporting offered as this company grows and expands. I would love to see reporting that showed a breakdown of menu items ordered so we can see what is selling and what is not week by week and at the end of the year. I would also love reporting that showed a breakdown of sales and tips on sales that was quicker to access (not requiring the exporting of a file to excel and manual formula entering to get totals for both daily).

kw

ks w.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Look no further... this one is a keeper.

Weighting all the pros & cons, I would still continue to use Gloria Foods and recommend new users to give it a go. As mentioned above, low fee if not free depending if you have any add-on, stable and effective support is key to success. Of course, if in the future, if they can adresse in what are mentioned in the cons, that would be the cherry of top of sundae. But in life, you cant have everything... especially when its free to use. The only add-on I used is the online payment... which increase efficiency exponentially.

Pros

Almost the same features as the paid services... less the fees. Very stable, next to none downtime. Super effective support team; they provide swift and prompt response regarding your inquiries. To be honest... sometimes you only need something sweet and simple... not something that will make a hole in your wallet with 20-30% fees... its all about your bottom line. No hidden fee whatsoever... give it a try. You have nothing to lose. Set-up is a breeze.

Cons

Sometimes customers request some personnalisation in the comment section which you can do with an extra charge. But you dont have the option to do so, only accept/ decline. So I can either accept and do it for free, or call them back to say i can do it with extra $ or reject order ... and call them. Which defies the whole point of ... online ordering. No inventory management; you cant input a certain amount of items to be sold. Cant mark items as sold out from ordering app. Has to log on to the website to do so. Not sales oriented; Upsell is the holy grail. Gotta work on this one up boys if you want to attract more potential users.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great Agnostic Online System

When covid hit, we experienced a slow down and have already been using Gloriafoods for almost a year at that point. We began helping local restaurants to prevent them from going out of business. We processed close to 50,000 orders last year between all of our local customers. Having this also helped with our income as we rely on merchant service processing.

Pros

We are very happy with GloriaFood, it has been a great addition to our lineup of products. We are happy to have a system that is agnostic and can be used by pretty much and food establishment. The options for a sales optimized website is also very nice.

Cons

In today's age, everything is done by a mobile device. Not being able to pause orders or make changes from a mobile device has been tough. It has increased the amount of support that we provide to customers as they do not always have access to a desktop computer. A mobile app or website with admin functionality would go a long way! Also need the ability to import by CSV or excel format. Managing order ahead is also troublesome, it would be good to have item countdowns. (ie. only 50 available online)

Joseph S.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

"Glorious" Food System

So far, my experience as a partner deploying and integrating this solution has been very positive. Restaurants are looking for ways to capitalize on their revenue without crazy commissions and markups; this allows Restaurants to do just that and gives business owners like myself to provide customer support services to sell without the need for a large investment/fees. This provides a win-win for everyone involved.

Pros

There are quite a few pros that I have come across; to name a few: Out of the Box Mobile App, WordPress Plugin for quick integration, Many customizable options for the online ordering menu, online payment processing options, integration of taxes, fees, tips. Reservation options if indoor seating is available. Mobile/Email notifications and most of all, tons of analytic reporting for the restaurant and partners. This includes sales, the orders, traffic tunneling, etc. It's a system that sells itself.

Cons

The only cons so far are the restrictions to the online ordering plugin, where the code is black-boxed so there is limited edits/customization on that. I understand however that to provide a universally stable and standard format it needs to be controlled, but would be nice to alter the top text, fonts, layout, etc. Overall, the system has enough customization to meet most needs.

GS

Ghina S.

Amazing service

Pros

It's very easy to use and very customizable. Taking orders with the software is so simple and so convenient.

Cons

We can't take orders through PC. I would love to hve this option.

Diego M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

What a GREAT delivery system

Pros

It capabilities to multi location and draw delivery areas are great. They offer lots a possibilities when setting up promotions and discounts. It is a no brainer if you are looking to set up a delivery system for your business

Cons

Would be great if they could offer more 3rd party integrations such as online payment systems.

MW

Miriam W.

Excellent & Affordable Online Ordering with Great Customer Service

The superior online ordering platform that they offer has given me an edge over my competition and has helped my delivery business to grow. It solves the issue of phone order-taking errors, it increases customers purchase totals and reduces labor costs. It also reduces the staff required for order taking which is very critical, especially during this past year with the covid-19 pandemic because we were running on very short staff (and many restaurants are struggling with this same issue).

Pros

When seeking an online ordering platform I scrutinized many options available. Gloria Food is top notch for so many reasons. First of all, you do not have to be nervous about any big comittment in the beginning before you have evaluated the software (even though once you join you will love it!) You can even begin for free. All of the services they offer are very affordable and less expensive than others...

Cons

I been using the software and services for three years and I cannot think of any issues I have had. The only times I have had issues it has been related to my own outdated hardware. The only thing I am hoping they will add to their offerings is an app for restaurant employees to input orders (for phone or in person orders) that would print just like the orders placed through the website so all the restaurant orders would be integrated into one system.

AG

ANDREA G.

EXCELLENT UNDER ANY ASPECT

Pros

I consider this software a game changing for my sector for several reason. First of all it's FREE , of course there are sections where you have to pay but I found the prices very honest and all the system is already optimised to increase the selling, changing a dish on the main panel it change everywhere in no time. The system works like all the others like for example Uber Eats or Just Eat but for...

Cons

I believe the only improvement it can be done is to improve the compatibility with other thermal printers . At the moment if you want to print your orders ( and I believe is Important ) the minimum spend for a printer surpass the 200 Euros

JB

Jonathan B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Avoid like rhe plague

VERY EASY SYSTEM THATS PROGRAMED VERY WELL! ita too bad it throws your money away! Anyone whos smart, would kill this flaw!

Pros

BASICALLY: after 3 minutes Gloriafood will THROW AWAY YOUR MONEY! yes you heard that right, yoh will pay extra for an online servie to THROW away your money!!! if uou dont physically confirm within 3 minutes, this “automated” system will DENY YOUR MKNEY! Do you want you pay extra for an online, fully automated system to THROW AWAY YOUR MONEY???

Cons

THE MONEY THROWING AWAY! maybe they dont know that times are hard during covis

MA

Muhammad Aleem K.

Food & Beverages, self-employed

Amazing Company with Amazing Customer support

My overall experience is very good with Gloriafood, I worked with others also. But this is best solution.

Pros

Easy of use. Customer Support and reliability.

Cons

Dates and time filters must corrected in the admin dashboard.

ZX

Zongnan X.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

An inexpensive Online Ordering software does what it claims

Very happy with what we get for the fees we pay. obviously improvements can always help, and the dev team seems do update their software. it is just what they find important might not be what we think the same. but nevertheless, they have a good support team and information do get shared and passed on. we look forward to continuing work with them!

Pros

Easy to set up, robust with the ordering flow, low to none maintenance.

Cons

Order accepting app is lacking some end of day functionalities, eg. end of day report of sales. Payment summary. Order cancel and refund functionality do not appear to exist.

LV

Luca V.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

very help full during pandemic

Pros

easy to set up, customer service on point, very user friendly

Cons

not able to pause order from tablet, very inportant

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Good software, deceptive practices for partners

Good service, terrible treatment of the affiliates.

Pros

The software is good enough for the purpose. We've subscribed in their partner program and promoted their service and add-ons to a few restaurants, hoping to help our clients and hopefully generate some revenue.

Cons

We never got paid regarding our commissions. They used excuses regarding our Paypal account not being able to receive their payments. We gave then another one, same excuse. When we forwarded communications from Paypal assuring us and them that there was no such issue, we were ghosted. My suggestion is to use the software, but always charge the customer and pay directly for the service, do not expect or trust affiliate commissions from them, you run the likely risk of not being paid.

DM

Don M.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

GloriaFood keeps customers coming back

We had wanted an online ordering system for several years, the pandemic made that happen in a very short time frame. Sourcing the plugin, testing and implementation was completed in about 1 week and keep us open with a strong take out service.

Pros

Was able to add online ordering to our cafe with an easy configuration setup. Very flexible menu system and new features still being added.

Cons

We could not configure a payment system to use an existing gift card we have.

CG

Cory G.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Excellent alternative to expensive delivery service fees

We have saved a lot of money by offering customers the option to order online and pick up using Gloria's menu system.

Pros

The admin interface is easy to use and has most of the features you would expect. Some options cannot be changed but are set to reasonable defaults. Customer support is excellent despite the support team is on opposite time zone as ours. The customer-facing menu which Gloria provides is really great. Super easy to use and not confusing for our customers. I like how it just floats over our homepage, rather than being part of the DoorDash/Postmates/etc website.

Cons

Gloria foods does not handle refunds directly. You have to go to the credit card service provider, in our case Stripe. This is not a problem for us, but does require more effort.

SN

Seth N.

Major Loophole

Customer service is very scripted. Do not cater to specific problems.

Pros

Was easy to program menu items. Rest is average

Cons

Major loophole in online ordering. People can enter their address and then drop the pin to a different location(less or free delivery area) to avoid any relevant delivery charges. When asked to fix the loop they said its up to the clients. But its their system that allows it. significant money can be lost by any business. I am looking for alternative.

CJ

Chris J.

Brillant tool for restaurant

I am absolutely amazed by basically everything that entails GloriaFood. Since my main job is a different one, I was working on the set up of the system mainly at night times. And even during these times I did have permanent real time support. All customer service employees were very helpful and I just got a very detailed instruction session on Zoom that was ran by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who is a very friendly and exceptionally professional member of the team. Thanks again to the whole team for this brilliant software solution. Keep it up.

Pros

The user-friendliness of the system is something that can not often be found on the market. And we could not believe that the main functions were completely free.

Cons

There are a few tiny things that I would have suggested to improve. When talking to the customer service I got told that most of my suggestions had already been submitted as feature requests.

JR

John R.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

One of the best decisions I made in 38 years in business!

Have increased online orders from 5% to 42% in two years.

Pros

Easy to use. Can do just about anything I want online for next to nothing. Tech support is the best. Never any down time.

Cons

Just wish I could use it more for dine in customers at their table.

JR

Juan R.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Probably the best system to manage restaurants

Pros

Being able to set a webpage in just a few steps, including domain, hosting etc. Ease of use in terms of adding/editing items in a menu. The great support team behind it.

Cons

Being able to edit just a few things in terms of the web design.

SP

Spiro P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Excellent customer service

Gloria Food is helping small businesses around the suffered hospitality industry by offering excellent solutions for them to go online and continue making revenue, especially during this pandemic.

Pros

I have the best experience with the customer support team from Gloria Food. They are always on top of my issues and their response is very quick.

Cons

SOme features are still missing but the company is working on them as we speak. Hope to see them soon.

CG

Christian G.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Good if you use some functions

Almost satisfied. secondly, they still have to make customizations in the backend

Pros

ability to take online orders with a few euros a month. we are talking about a commission between stripe and Gloria food of about 3.5-5.5% of commission compared to the delivery platforms which are about 18% in Italy

Cons

Little possibility of customizing the default options. Example texts translated into Italian even if correct but not clear for an excellent customer user expirence. It does not allow you to create a welcome code in money but yes only in%. this for marketing generates problems, so you are forced to take the marketing package if you want to make small marketing strategies. Another problem is the export of data which does not allow you to see the customers who have used the promotional codes and how much is the discount amount