RetailEdge Logo
RetailEdge

Point of sale & inventory management solution for retailers

visit website

RetailEdge Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.39/10

See full reviews by rating

The customer service is great, the features keep improving and the sales process is great. Gift cards, set up, customer records- all awesome.
Ease of use and the ability to teach a new cashier quickly. Compound report excellent so we can quickly see our on hand, sales over a certain period, what's on order and what we need to order.
Good sales and monthly reports. Great customer service-they are always willing to help.
However, I think my biggest dislike is the inability to get a beep when a negative item is scanned and we're not looking at the screen.
Not being able to adjust the spacing on a label is a pain especially when the label is cut off.
I really wish this worked on a mac. I hate that I have to use PC's at work when I use macs everywhere else.

AM

Angie M.

User friendly & versatile

Easy to use and train new employees. Upfront cost are very reasonable and monthly cost is well worth it and affordable. Best POS system I have used for everyday sales and customer billing.

Pros

Easy to set up & use daily. New employees learn quickly. It is all around a great POS system for any type of business.

Cons

Customer search defaults to ID. Layout of customer manager takes time to navigate through. Requires a few more steps in processing a swiped credit card than I would like but probably more of a cc processor issue and not the Retail Edge software.

PJ

Perry J.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

State sales and use audit was flawless per the auditor .

Organization

Pros

Ease of use, great tool for inventory and customer purchase history. Love the reports. We love it and wouldn't change anything.

Cons

Pay to upgrade, missing out on good stuff which we can't always pay to update. Maybe an annual free upgrade could be possible

Perry, Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you like the reports and and customer purchase history. Our Upgrade plan is only $5/workstation/month, and at 9-10 updates per year, we feel that amount best suits our customers and our efforts to provide the best version of RetailEdge we can.

SQ

Shanisa Q.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Need some ease of use changes

Pros

The software is Convenient as it allows for monthly payments

Cons

The software should allow for persons to enter stock quantity, supplier and price on the same tab. Also when opening up the management tab it should not be saying in bold whats the sales because everyone can see it

Hi Shanisa, thank you for the feedback! In order to fully address your concerns, our team will be reaching out to you for some clarification and hopefully resolve the issue. Thanks again!

SA

Steven A.

Long time customer

Pros

The software is easy to use, there aren't any features I'd like in a POS system that are missing. In fact there are features in RE that I don't use that make me want to try them out just because I have this access to them.

Cons

I have reported a bug five years ago and it still hasn't been fixed. Support looked at it with me and said I was the only person that had reported that issue and that they'd work on it but yearssssss later the bug is still there!

SL

Scott L.

Best bang for your buck, no doubt. Excellent support During implementation.

Pros

The price point was unbelievable. Best value on the market, no doubt. Support during implementation was excellent. Everyone in tech support was always friendly. Customizing our price tag labels & receipts was greatly appreciated. Direct integration with credit card processing. The last thing I wanted was to give our customers 2 receipts (sales & CC receipts). The integration works seamlessly.

Cons

All complaints are minor, and relatively insignificant. Inventory Manager & Recieving seems like redundant functions and can cause some confusion. Search functions in Recieving has limited function. Search functions always revers to default search category rather that keeping last search preferences. I still haven't figured out how to label display discounts the way I want to.

SR

Sara R.

Awesome is the word I would use.

Pros

It's user-friendly and has many layers so there is always some report that you can create or you can detail and customize your inventory. Minimal training when you hire new or seasonal staff. RetsilEdge's staff is very professional (I can probably name every one of them from all the help they've given me over the years and knowledgeable, they are all great!

Cons

Nothing really; As I mentioned before, it's user-friendly and can be used easily. Nothing to complain about.

KM

Katherine M.

Overall good

Pros

Easy to use. App is helpful. Service is great. The Island functionality is very helpful, as is the ability to hardwire and network. We run two PCs and a laptop that sometimes serves as a register and all three communicate well.

Cons

The reporting is not great. Basic sales etc is fine, or if you just want to see PDFs, it's ok, but the two ways you can export to excel are not great if you need to manipulate the data. Hard to sort, lots of repetitive page break info etc.

GG

Ginny G.

Retail, 11-50 employees

From day 1 (almost 15 years ago)been so helpful! Rarely need help when I do they are great!

Inventory management, sales reports

Pros

Easy to learn, provides data I need to make good decisions for my business. Turn key set up and support.

Cons

Having to modify the price to reprint a price label with the original price on it. We do markdowns in red pen from original prices. Never need the sale price printed on a label. Would be nice to be able to reprint labels always at original price. Now look up item, change price back to original, print label, change price to sale price.

DS

Dave S.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

We have used Retail Edge for 20 years. It has always worked well for us.

We can track customer history, product sales and see trends in the paddlesports industry.

Pros

Customer Support is incredible, when you call in you get real people who understand the product and can solve your problem in a few minutes or less. The new Android Dashboard so I can stay in tough with my store sales.

Cons

When Microsoft does its updates there are often small issues that crop up and make something in Retail Edge malfunction. But the good news is that Customer Support is awesome!

KR

KORIE R.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

The easiest to use and loaded with features

the customer support team was amazing, we suffered from a computer crash and the the team helped us get back up and running very quickly

Pros

We like the ease of adding inventory and products into the system which is the longest process of any system but retail edge made this quick.

Cons

the only thing we wish we could do would be to modify or have the ability to change invoice numbers

EE

Ed E.

Been using for 13 years now. Overall great experience

Fairly bulletproof Point of Sale (POS) application.

Pros

Within the framework provided the software has a fair amount of flexibility. Adding common utilities can allow you to run your business from anywhere using the RetailEdge functionality. The price is also a strong "Pro." Lots of great tools for a reasonable price

Cons

You must move within the framework provided. If you want to do something not supported it can be a difficult road.

EL

Eva L.

Great people to work with.

Pros

Easy and inexpensive. Over 135 reports. Easy to search current inventory. Easy to teach employees.

Cons

Should have reports other than a sales report that generate manufacturer or vendor part numbers. Hard to integrate with some of our manufacturers reports. Have to manipulate excel sheets which is too cumbersome. Would like the sizes listed horizontal instead of vertically. Kind of like a size sheet where you make scores.

MC

Maia C.

Easy to Use Daily

The support has always been great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is always so patient with non-techy people like me, it makes dealing with RE easy!

Pros

Daily POS, ease of creating reports and keeping track of customer purchases

Cons

I don't use RE as in depth as other members of staff do, I don't have complaints!

Maia, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are so glad RetailEdge and our Support staff are meeting your needs!

KL

Kathryn L.

RE at VC

The best benefit we have realized is the tracking of inventory.

Pros

I had used Retail Edge in a previous position and knew that it would suit the needs in the small store that we have. I like it best for the purchase orders, tracking of merchandise and the customer data base.

Cons

What I like the least is that I am sure there are features we could use but don't, which is why I am attending the conference next week.

NJ

Nicole J.

Being a customer for 14 years I think says it all. Great product and even better support!!

Pros

Perfect for my small retail business. Having two stores it tracks our inventory and simplifies the ordering process for the two stores. It is a user friendly piece of software and if you don't understand anything, the RE Tech staff is there for you!

Cons

I wish it was available for a Mac platform as I am not a fan of windows. When windows updates is the time we have trouble and need tech support.

PF

Phyllis F.

Excellent

Data collection, retrieval and analysis. Easy reports for sales tax and accounting.

Pros

I like the robust data collection - that it has so many fields - and that I can import from and export to a CSV file.

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility to use the data - for example, ability to sort and organize fields on a page and keep that layout, ability to filter and sort by multiple levels, and ability to create customized reports.

VA

Vince A.

Simple to use, great value, does everything needed.

Pros

Great customer service. Easy to use functions. I like the retail island, I can check my sales remotely.

Cons

When looking up a customer, if the customer isn't in the system you need to start over again. ie; What is your name...my name is Philips...you look up Philips and he's not there...it should then say do you want to make Philips a customer, rather than making us retype Philips...which is an easy last name .

DD

David D.

Retail, 1-10 employees

New to R.E. in June. Very easy transition.

Quick, easy and comprehensive transition from a POS system we had been using for 20+ years to Retail Edge's product. Still learning (only been on-board for 2 months), but any avenue I take to become savvy with an unexplored area meets with quick and comprehensive understanding. It's remarkable intuitive. The options to perform tasks make sense and the performance is easy.

Pros

The intuitiveness of the tasks. It guides you to success. We like the multi-options to perform tasks. You can do it this way or that and still be successful. Very easy to train folks to use the system. Support was there and very helpful when needed.

Cons

The least favorable pre-purchase issue was the anxiety in setting up and learning a new POS system. I didn't look forward to the anticipated time needed to learn and launch the program. It was easy ! The anxiety was totally unwarranted and the time requirements were well below the hours I expected. So much of it was intuitive and reasonably understood.

David, it was a pleasure working with you personally on your transition and I'm so glad to hear everything is going smoothly for Forth N Goal! Thanks so much for your positive feedback! -Kayla

JP

Jason P.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

It has a been an easy software to understand and setup

I am able to use the new chip credit cards and it is very professional interface when we have credit card machines that interact with our software. Customer history and inventory management.

Pros

This software is able to handle the 14000+ clients we already have. The import process was easy. It handles the variety of inventory all the way down to serial numbers.

Cons

The only real complaint I have with this software is when receiving check payments from customers there is no field to enter the actual check number. Many times months down the road a customer will call and ask for the check number an invoice was paid with.

DD

Dave D.

Sept 13, 2022

Pros

Solid software without a monthly subscription

Cons

Credit card processing isn't linked to the sale.

Hi Dave, Thank you for your review! We do have credit card processing that is fully integrated with RetailEdge. If you would like to get your processing integrated, please reach out to us and we will be happy to get you going with one of our merchant partners who can match or beat your current rates.

AK

Allison K.

Great Customer Service!

I have had a really nice experience

Pros

It is very easy to use and the customer service is wonderful. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very helpful and patient.

Cons

I don't dislike anything really. It is a good program and I have been quite happy

Hi Allison, We appreciate the great review and are so glad you are happy with RetailEdge!

Michael Y.

Simple and amazing software!

Pros

As a used bookstore we have utilized the customer features to track book credits. This allows us to see when our customers were last in and contact info to get them back! Simple and easy to use!!

Cons

There is little I don't like about this software.. it's a software that it always in evolution. Having consistency when having doing reports... A default selection choice would be nice...

Audrey R.

Retail, 11-50 employees

we use retail edge for four location and online sales. great for inventory control and cust. info

the ease of viewing from any computer, not just the point of sale computer. customer info is easy to access and set up. the reports are very easy to customize.

Pros

all of the reports are easy to use and customize. customer contact has all you could use to keep track of customers.

Cons

inventory search. that being said it may be the way we have ours set up and could be used a different way to make it more efficient.

JS

John S.

Very good standalone software suite for managing sales and inventory for a retail store.

It is invaluable for our business.

Pros

The software is easy to use and very intuitive. Loading inventory is pretty straight forward. Because it is windows based we can run it on any computer that fits our needs. Currently we are using a surface tablet with a generic Bluetooth barcode scanner, receipt printer, label printer, and cash drawer. Initial setup for accepting credit cards was quite easy with the assistance of customer service. The software has a very robust reporting system that help in day to day management and simplifies the accountant's efforts.

Cons

Becuase the software package is so comprehensive, it can take some time to complete the initial setup.

JS

Judy S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

The sales process was fantastic. The training was the worst experience ever

Ability to have vendor accounts and scan product

Pros

It has the ability to give me the information I need. the scanner is a great feature. The ability to pick and choose the equipment was nice.

Cons

You have to wade through way too much to get to what is needed. The ease of use is minimal. Functionality for the daily user as a cash register is too slow.

Judy, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We are very sorry to hear you're having a difficult time using RetailEdge, as our Technical Support agents pride themselves on exceptional service and training. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly in order to gather more information about the issues you're having and offer ways to make the program more functional for you and your business. Thanks again. -Kayla