RetailEdge

Point of sale & inventory management solution for retailers

visit website

RetailEdge Reviews

Pros

The customer service is great, the features keep improving and the sales process is great. Gift cards, set up, customer records- all awesome.

KM

Katherine M.

Ease of use and the ability to teach a new cashier quickly. Compound report excellent so we can quickly see our on hand, sales over a certain period, what's on order and what we need to order.

RN

Ray N.

Good sales and monthly reports. Great customer service-they are always willing to help.

ME

Melissa E.

Cons

However, I think my biggest dislike is the inability to get a beep when a negative item is scanned and we're not looking at the screen.

Eric M.

Not being able to adjust the spacing on a label is a pain especially when the label is cut off.

I really wish this worked on a mac. I hate that I have to use PC's at work when I use macs everywhere else.

TK

Tara K.

From day 1 (almost 15 years ago)been so helpful! Rarely need help when I do they are great!

Inventory management, sales reports

Pros

Easy to learn, provides data I need to make good decisions for my business. Turn key set up and support.

Cons

Having to modify the price to reprint a price label with the original price on it. We do markdowns in red pen from original prices. Never need the sale price printed on a label. Would be nice to be able to reprint labels always at original price. Now look up item, change price back to original, print label, change price to sale price.

We have used Retail Edge for 20 years. It has always worked well for us.

We can track customer history, product sales and see trends in the paddlesports industry.

Pros

Customer Support is incredible, when you call in you get real people who understand the product and can solve your problem in a few minutes or less. The new Android Dashboard so I can stay in tough with my store sales.

Cons

When Microsoft does its updates there are often small issues that crop up and make something in Retail Edge malfunction. But the good news is that Customer Support is awesome!

The easiest to use and loaded with features

the customer support team was amazing, we suffered from a computer crash and the the team helped us get back up and running very quickly

Pros

We like the ease of adding inventory and products into the system which is the longest process of any system but retail edge made this quick.

Cons

the only thing we wish we could do would be to modify or have the ability to change invoice numbers

RE at VC

The best benefit we have realized is the tracking of inventory.

Pros

I had used Retail Edge in a previous position and knew that it would suit the needs in the small store that we have. I like it best for the purchase orders, tracking of merchandise and the customer data base.

Cons

What I like the least is that I am sure there are features we could use but don't, which is why I am attending the conference next week.

Been using for 13 years now. Overall great experience

Fairly bulletproof Point of Sale (POS) application.

Pros

Within the framework provided the software has a fair amount of flexibility. Adding common utilities can allow you to run your business from anywhere using the RetailEdge functionality. The price is also a strong "Pro." Lots of great tools for a reasonable price

Cons

You must move within the framework provided. If you want to do something not supported it can be a difficult road.

Great people to work with.

Pros

Easy and inexpensive. Over 135 reports. Easy to search current inventory. Easy to teach employees.

Cons

Should have reports other than a sales report that generate manufacturer or vendor part numbers. Hard to integrate with some of our manufacturers reports. Have to manipulate excel sheets which is too cumbersome. Would like the sizes listed horizontal instead of vertically. Kind of like a size sheet where you make scores.

It has a been an easy software to understand and setup

I am able to use the new chip credit cards and it is very professional interface when we have credit card machines that interact with our software. Customer history and inventory management.

Pros

This software is able to handle the 14000+ clients we already have. The import process was easy. It handles the variety of inventory all the way down to serial numbers.

Cons

The only real complaint I have with this software is when receiving check payments from customers there is no field to enter the actual check number. Many times months down the road a customer will call and ask for the check number an invoice was paid with.

New to R.E. in June. Very easy transition.

Quick, easy and comprehensive transition from a POS system we had been using for 20+ years to Retail Edge's product. Still learning (only been on-board for 2 months), but any avenue I take to become savvy with an unexplored area meets with quick and comprehensive understanding. It's remarkable intuitive. The options to perform tasks make sense and the performance is easy.

Pros

The intuitiveness of the tasks. It guides you to success. We like the multi-options to perform tasks. You can do it this way or that and still be successful. Very easy to train folks to use the system. Support was there and very helpful when needed.

Cons

The least favorable pre-purchase issue was the anxiety in setting up and learning a new POS system. I didn't look forward to the anticipated time needed to learn and launch the program. It was easy ! The anxiety was totally unwarranted and the time requirements were well below the hours I expected. So much of it was intuitive and reasonably understood.

David, it was a pleasure working with you personally on your transition and I'm so glad to hear everything is going smoothly for Forth N Goal! Thanks so much for your positive feedback! -Kayla

Simple to use, great value, does everything needed.

Pros

Great customer service. Easy to use functions. I like the retail island, I can check my sales remotely.

Cons

When looking up a customer, if the customer isn't in the system you need to start over again. ie; What is your name...my name is Philips...you look up Philips and he's not there...it should then say do you want to make Philips a customer, rather than making us retype Philips...which is an easy last name .

Excellent

Data collection, retrieval and analysis. Easy reports for sales tax and accounting.

Pros

I like the robust data collection - that it has so many fields - and that I can import from and export to a CSV file.

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility to use the data - for example, ability to sort and organize fields on a page and keep that layout, ability to filter and sort by multiple levels, and ability to create customized reports.

Being a customer for 14 years I think says it all. Great product and even better support!!

Pros

Perfect for my small retail business. Having two stores it tracks our inventory and simplifies the ordering process for the two stores. It is a user friendly piece of software and if you don't understand anything, the RE Tech staff is there for you!

Cons

I wish it was available for a Mac platform as I am not a fan of windows. When windows updates is the time we have trouble and need tech support.

Very good standalone software suite for managing sales and inventory for a retail store.

It is invaluable for our business.

Pros

The software is easy to use and very intuitive. Loading inventory is pretty straight forward. Because it is windows based we can run it on any computer that fits our needs. Currently we are using a surface tablet with a generic Bluetooth barcode scanner, receipt printer, label printer, and cash drawer. Initial setup for accepting credit cards was quite easy with the assistance of customer service. The software has a very robust reporting system that help in day to day management and simplifies the accountant's efforts.

Cons

Becuase the software package is so comprehensive, it can take some time to complete the initial setup.

The sales process was fantastic. The training was the worst experience ever

Ability to have vendor accounts and scan product

Pros

It has the ability to give me the information I need. the scanner is a great feature. The ability to pick and choose the equipment was nice.

Cons

You have to wade through way too much to get to what is needed. The ease of use is minimal. Functionality for the daily user as a cash register is too slow.

Judy, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback. We are very sorry to hear you're having a difficult time using RetailEdge, as our Technical Support agents pride themselves on exceptional service and training. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly in order to gather more information about the issues you're having and offer ways to make the program more functional for you and your business. Thanks again. -Kayla

right from the demo download to buying and installing sales and customer support was awesome

Inventory management and POS system all in one at a very good price

Pros

The ease of use of all aspects of the software, very easy for sales clerks as well as for the administrator for system setup and creating item codes, departments, classes, etc.

Cons

I have a specific/unique application that the software doesn't do. However Sales/Customer service provided me with 2 workarounds and an explanation.

we use retail edge for four location and online sales. great for inventory control and cust. info

the ease of viewing from any computer, not just the point of sale computer. customer info is easy to access and set up. the reports are very easy to customize.

Pros

all of the reports are easy to use and customize. customer contact has all you could use to keep track of customers.

Cons

inventory search. that being said it may be the way we have ours set up and could be used a different way to make it more efficient.

Continues to improve

Pros

Cons

The reporting, while improving, can be cumbersome. This could be because of the type of products we sell being complicated, but exporting to excel requires a lot of gymnastics to get the data how we need it.

Have been using it to receive merchandise and as POS system for many years.

Pros

Ease of use, receiving merchandise and inputting POs is easy and user friendly. We've been approached to change our software system many times over the years, and no one has convinced us that they'd be better or easier to use than Retail Edge.

Cons

There are just a couple of features I wish could be personalized to my liking (mostly in terms of reports)

We use Retail Edge on a daily basis as our primary POS software. We use the software extensively.

Pros

It ties together all aspects of our retail shop from inventory to customer service in utilizing the customer data base by keeping track of sales. We have never had any issues with the software failing us and whenever we have had any issues, customer service at Retail Edge has been prompt and helpful and always gets ua through any issues,

Cons

Have been using this software since our store opened and haven't had any major issues

Pros

With this software glitches are rare. We only need to call customer service about once per year and they are always super friendly and are able to access the computer remotely to help fix things.

Cons

Layaways that have been finalized have too many transactions listed in the sales manager. Once completed it should be one receipt showing all payments.

Gold Tech Support has ALWAYS been outstanding!

Helps to keep an eye on margins and necessary reorders.

Pros

Cons

Some custom reports that I would like - which are probably there but I haven't been able to find them easily.

Been with Retail Edge for 18+ years. It runs my bricks & mortar store. Gold service plan is great.

Pros

The personal service from the tech support. When we get in trouble there is always someone back to us fast with help. Takes a lot of the stress out of running a POS system.

Cons

There is no good way to make this software work with our website and the available web solutions are not appropriate for us. Hoping that we can change that in time.

I have used RE in-store for the last 6 years. Excellent POS and management for small business.

Can easily track inventory, slaes, and customers.

Pros

Best features are: + I can track inventory and figure out what I have in-store. + track PO from vendors and keep track of back-orders. + figure out my best selling product and best customers

Cons

- So many features, it is difficult to utilize all of them. - Front end looks a little dated but not terrible.

120+ hours testing/research = most robust and best valued software application in the POS market

Inventory tracking , metrics on so many different areas and potential for scaling up business.

Pros

.It's a one time software cost verses monthly cost system and low optional monthly update service. You have the option of onsite hosting order cloud hosting. Both still allowing ability to scale to multi store. So many ways for configuring and your not paying for "add on's" that aren't really add-ons. RetailEdge has been around since 1998 - they're invested in this business and not a 5 yr old start up. They understand Retailers real issues, not just the fluffy stuff and are always making changes.

Cons

The GUI and presentation is not pretty (but it's functional). More specifically the touch screen POS doesn't allow for too much customization when it comes to: button size, adding more tabs, perhaps adding pictures on the buttons. Inability to customize printable reports - eg. removing the cost price on PO's - as it still prints cost price; even if the user does not have cost price privileges.

Easy to use and run reports

Track sales day to day month to month and year to year by the minute.

Pros

Detail of Reports help increase sales. We are able to track time and volume to the minute of each day. We are able to track the performance of a product.

Cons

Inventory can be confusing to set up. The product code and description. If you had simila product up we could edit would help.

We have used Retail Edge for more than 25 years and it is so easy to use!

point of sale executed quickly

Pros

We like most about the software that it is easy to use and easy to train new employees on. We can enter the item number quickly and process the sale quickly with Retail Edge.

Cons

We don't always have a good tract of our inventory on hand. It seems to be that all purchases are not added to inventory.