Salon Iris Reviews

4.54/5 (105 reviews)

John Gilliat

4th year using the software that creates intermittent errors in calculating totals on invoices.

Reviewed 2017-05-27

Works well as long as you have a system in place to monitor errors and know how to correct the errors. We currently still use the softwareEasy to use and would be fantastic if the software team could resolve a couple of issues we've had. We still use the software as we are aware of it's flaw and can be easily corrected.

Vivian Harris

Reviewed 2014-05-18

I reviewed this item several years ago. I just wanted to update to clients looking or salon software. Salon Iris is a great expensive software for those looking for reports, payroll, booking, online booking options and mobile booking. Online booking is $30 extra. Mobile access is $9 per tech extra. To store data in "the cloud" it is $19 extra, get it cause I lost data twice. This is a good overall complete salon booking & POS program if you don't mind paying several hundreds of dollars to upgrade every 2-3 years. They need to upgrade their online booking software with mobile app access for clients and work out the kinks in the mobile app that they started a few years ago based on feedback from actual users. Pros: Very professional system. Marketing options. Free email & text reminders that you can edit. Multiple up to three services to book at one time online, not many software systems offer that. Great record options for sales, inventory and payroll. Somewhat easy to use online booking. Offers resource options to avoid double booking equipment/rooms. Offers POS options like a register. It will take a while to learn the system but they offer easy instructions and videos to learn how to use each service. The online booking option offers a nice website. They give an option to pay monthly for their software with a key you must enter monthly. Cons: Can't delete mobile appointments. Purchasing the system does not end after the buy. After purchasing the system I have paid $500-800 to upgrade twice since my original purchase in 2008. I did not pay for the last upgrade a few years ago. Upgrades can crash an old computer so you must use an updated computer for this software. The online booking website has not been updated/upgraded for over 8 years. Double books appointments when booking online. The company offers limited assistance until it's "upgrading time". Then you must pay for help and get no more upgrades.

Vivian Harris

Look around first.

Reviewed 2009-07-20

Paid $1,200 for the professional. I have had this system for 2 years. I am about to expand and I am going to try another software maybe millenium or virtual spa salon that I have heard good things about. I am not happy with this system. You need to purchase their epson printer, a barcode scanner and MMF register to make it work easier. Reports and Payroll is Amazing. Wish they would test the system out in a real salon before they upgrade, that is where most of the headache lies...and believe me if you own a spa or salon it is a MAJOR headache.Great report system including totals and retail, even payroll without state. Modern design and easy to schedule. Online appointment system for extra $30 month. Love the appointment reminders but hard to set up. Documents transfer to Quickbooks but I can't seem to make it work all the time and I am techy. Payroll is great and prints out checks, but does not do pay per hour and commission together. They have credit card acceptance through their system by X charge with okay rates. They also have a great gift card system by barcode scan.

Steve Miller

I'm a BIG fan of Salon Iris

Reviewed 2017-04-10

I genuinely like the pay-as-you-go model they offer. Features get added without my having to do much and my monthly costs are pretty predictable. The interface is very Windowsy (if that's a word) but there is a LOT of functionality built into Salon iris so I can understand not having the super interfaces I've seen in some other salon solutions - which were easy to use, but didn't do as much. Also, L-O-V-E the customer service people when I do have a question. Powerful functionality that runs more than "just my appointment book"

Athena Cutts

I love that I have my work schedule in the palm of my hand. I have had excellent customer support.

Reviewed 2017-06-14

Convenience of doing business even when I am not home as I live in a small city and bump into client who decide on the fly to book an appointment and I can do that for them .That I can sell a gift certificate or book a client to look up a previous purchases any where that I may be .

Renetta Christner

Salon iris is easy to use once you have it all set up. The customer service is outstanding!

Reviewed 2017-06-14

It's so easy having services set up with times plugged in. Anyone can book appointments. You can quickly see who is working that day. Always updating and improving the minor bugs. Customer service is top notch and they know the system in and out. They have a great app that you can book from phone.

Bruce Tran

Michael Carroll

Reviewed 2017-03-21

I am happy to say that I'm glad I selected to use IRIS software to help manage my company over your competitors. Moreover, my partners and I are happy with the support department. We had one bad experienced with a technical support member but when our rep called us back to apologize and spent 1.57 hour to help guide us to better understand the software. Our rep is very patient and took his time walk us through the process of setting up the software and took his time showing us the great things IRIS offers that we didn't know about. Our rep is exactly what Customer Satisfaction truly means. Thank You and please keep up the GREAT job! Customers tracking, Taxes, appointment reminders. Many options and features.

Mendy Zafir

Overall Salon iris is a blessing

Reviewed 2018-06-12

i have been using salon iris for about 4 years now it has done wonders for me taking me from a pen and paper business to digitizing my appointments, Customer service is a breeze (most of the time) short hold.

Sarah Petitgout

I'm overall happy w Salon Iris. Easy to use. It's fairly quick to make an appointment or check etc

Reviewed 2017-10-17

I think the remote access on my phone is the best thing about SI. It's super convenient and makes sense for making appointments theses days. Clients like to message me all hours of the day week.

Renetta Christner

Salon iris is a great product for booking and products. Simple and very user friendly.

Reviewed 2017-07-14

Anyone can book a service once you have information imput into software. If there are mistakes you know when it was entered day and time. Love to text and email reminders. It cuts down on no show appointments or reschedule issues. You can send out email and text special s.

Barbara Fishnick

Best company ever!!!

Reviewed 2017-03-16

I am blow away with the customer support from Salon Iris. The politeness of support staff, the patience that they have show with me and my staff getting our new Salon Iris system up and going , all has been incredible. I want to especially thank our personal support person , . (yes you get a PERSONAL support person), he continually goes out of his way to call and check on us, to see how things are going, and if we need any assistance. All staff are the most polite and kind company members I have ever had the pleasure to work with. We love our software, and are finding more and more great reports and features that we never had in the past. Using our phones for Remote booking of appointments in our small town is great, and super easy feature to use. From the client ticket you are able to Drag and move appointments on the main screen, edit clients information, see a full month to month calander to the left side of the screen ,. From staff page you can change prices charged for each stylist , change time for each stylist for each service with a few clicks. Also able to change the width of each staff members column so you can see all your staff on one screen without having to scroll. Staff scheduled hours is so easy to enter, and so easy to adjust.. even months in advanced. Back office and totals are so easy, I can see with one click all the totals for the day, and even broken down by the exact service or product purchased . We are learning more new features everyday, and all sooooo easy to use, this system has surpassed all my expectations and more! YOU ROCK SALON IRIS!!!!

Melanie Gallegos

I have my own customer support person!

Reviewed 2017-02-11

Salon Iris is easy to use and does everything! I always need support and it's great to have David! He has been assigned our company so I always have the same person! He knows our salon and people and the things we are working on. He is amazing! My favorite part of salon iris!This program does everything!!!

Matilda Kimbrough

Best customer support and service!

Reviewed 2017-03-07

I was having problems with my computer as it is old and I am planning to replace it. On several occasions I called to get my program running and even though it took a long time I was given the best service and made to feel my problem was important.It takes care of all my business needs. The training on how to use the program.

Dayna Flanagan

It's very convenient.

Reviewed 2017-10-18

Daily access to my schedule. On the minute ability to add another item on the ticket. I like the easy access to my schedule and clients ticket. The daily access is very convenient. I like being able to add services to my ticket.

Jodi Hussey

Billing issue

Reviewed 2017-02-10

Michael was extremely helpful ! He assessed my issue and fixed it immediately and went steps further to prevent it from happening again . He is an asset to your company and turned a bad situation Into a great outcome and reduced my stress considerably . I was very grateful to be working with him today . Easy to navigate and very helpful support

Michelle Summit

Amazing customer support

Reviewed 2017-03-10

We have been using Salon Iris for the last nine years and we just upgraded our system to online booking! We really love the user-friendly salon program and the customer support we get when we have questions. Rep has been a pleasure to work with when I have any problems! He is very knowledgeable and has really been so helpful! Very easy to navigate and use.

Kerry Templeton

Great experience and outstanding customer service

Reviewed 2017-07-18

I wouldn't want to run my business without it.. love the automatic text and email reminders to clients for appointments..Easy to use even for the technically challenged. When I have had issues (usually caused by me) they were quickly and efficiently handled with a phone call to customer service.

jenepher reynolds

Great! Such an easy software to use.

Reviewed 2017-06-17

Clients love the email notifications and reminders. They also love that I can look up their client history and they don't have to remember a lipstick or foundation shadeI've used Salon iris for over 7yrs. Love the latest version. Seems like things that were needed are there and the kinks have been worked out

Autumn Spencer

We've been partnered with Salon Iris for 9yrs now and Love everything about the software. Easy to us

Reviewed 2017-10-27

Scheduling, details, customer service. Organizations Easy to use, customizable, easy to teach, detailed, always improving, reports, user friendly , online scheduling.

Kim Holtz

Very easy to use

Reviewed 2017-10-17

Able to keep track of my schedule easily. Can check my schedule and am able to book appointments anywhere and anytime day or night.

Jen Tyson

It's really pricey for what you get

Reviewed 2017-12-14

I like that Salon Iris has an app that the stylists could use and book from their phones. And they could room reports from their phones, too without blocking up the salon computer.

Rita Stevens

Very easy to learn

Reviewed 2017-06-21

Easy to keep track of The staff is always willing to help and take their time with you. Very easy to learn. Would highly recommend.

Kelly Schurek

EXCEPTIONAL SOFTWARE

Reviewed 2017-03-02

I am usually not very good at computer software but salon Iris make me look like I am. The help I received from customer support was fantastic. It was fast, efficient and very professional. Thank you for making my job easier. I appreciate it very muchIt is user friendly.

Kevin Tran

Michael is a Great Rep.

Reviewed 2017-03-21

I wasn't happy at first because I felt some tech support didn't want to spend certain times on the phone to help me setup the software. Our rep was the only tech willing to spent as much time as I needed. We need more of our rep in your company. He is a superior customer service agent. He is a prime example of Customer Satisfaction. Lot's of features and options.

Amara Salon

Great all around!

Reviewed 2017-02-16

Mike helped us today and he was more than helpful and we appreciate his hard work! He was able to help with all of the questions that we had.