DaySmart Salon Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.04/10

Reviews by rating

Iris has been a godsend as far as what you have the ability to customize and see. The detail is incredible compared to all other booking systems.
User friendly, and when you need help they are happy to help how we can add multiple separate users to the account.
Their technicians are friendly, patient and most help you even with things like the printer and other things.
Being incapable of changing a service provider after it has been closed out is a problem, along with not being able to combine a family at checkout.
This merchant account system is AWFUL. It’s not easy to set up, very slow and support is very bad -READ THEIR REVIEWS FIRST.
It is frustrating now that we have changed to the cloud based system that there is sometime a lag in switching from screen to screen.

SH

Susan H.

Great salon software!

As a salon owner I’ve searched for years for the PERFECT software. While there is no one perfect fit, Salon Iris fits the bill for us the closest! We have as many as 25 stylists a day to keep track of. This software makes it so easy to keep track of appointments and what rooms are needed to use. Appointments can be color coded depending on what service it is. Stylists can easily edit and book appointments...

Pros

Easy to use with options of drag and drop appointments, can schedule multiple stylists, can book different rooms for different services, email client receipts, appointment reminders.

Cons

Nothing! It’s been great! I haven’t found anything that I haven’t liked. Been using it for 8 months and am still happy with it.

MK

Maggie K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Day Spa having used software for 8 years using desktop version and new to cloud based...

Overall happy with software, would just like to see more capabilities after 8 years with company that fit the needs of day Spa business. We had trialed Meevo during and they had some great features, overall our experience was terrible with them, but some cool features they had were front desk profit focused. As example, pop ups for services notes about service to ask client when booking, service suggestion for similar services when booking one to suggest others. Product recommendation based on past purchases.

Pros

VIP support moreso when we were desktop version and dealing with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was amazing! Many thanks to her! The working and self diagnosis of problems is easy with this system.

Cons

Now being cloud based definitely want to see memberships updated so when a failed payment, you can make the payment and not have to cancel member and restart, have had many issues with that since moving from desktop. Also had to found a work around to let us make membership purchase, to be "until canceled" we have to first click end date then click back to until canceled and then it works. Would...

Hm

Heather m.

Recently switched to DaySmart

So far I am disappointed and hope that something comes to market with the features I need because this one is just in need of too many improvements

Pros

I like that the system allows booth renters to receive their funds directly and commissioned service providers can remain on a separate payroll. Not easy to set this up, but this was the only software/ POS system I could find that had this capability. This is important because it allows consistency in my shop and all customers can check out in one place.

Cons

There are so many things I don't like about this software; if another system becomes available that allows booth renters to be paid direct while commission employees to be paid through the shop payroll and has the other features I need, I will be switching again. Don't like: 1- phone/iPad app doesn't allow alot of important features that are only available on the desktop version 2- the system is...

AL

Allison L.

We love Salon Iris!

Our experience with Salon Iris has been really great, with expanding to multiple stylists it has been very easy transforming to online booking since we do not have a receptionist.

Pros

My team and myself love salon Iris and the features that provides. We most importantly love that it automatically sends out reminders to clients at the time of booking. It also makes it really easy as a owner that I can make appointments from my phone for not just myself that all of my employees.

Cons

While Salon Iris does have most features we like there are a few features that it is missing. For example, we would like to be able to go in and re-send text messages and see what text messages were sent. We would also like the option that if someone is booking a service with multiple people in the salon we would be able to book that all at one time instead of having to go make the appointment separately with each person. Lastly, when checking out it would be nice to have a way to edit the transaction instead of needing to completely void out the transaction if cash is accidentally hit instead of card.

EB

Emma B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Liking the system we are using

We have always had good responses with customer service

Pros

Very user friendly, we are overall happy

Cons

There are a few things that other systems have that they do not. EX: Individual sheets for each client instead of one sheet for entire day. Also when you put in a standing appointment for the year it will not give you an error message if it overlaps with another appointment

ST

Shae T.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Owner/operator

They are always friendly but don’t listen to the customer that keeps them in business,

Pros

Customer service and having a software that has been around a while.

Cons

This software is very very very dated. Stylist are now require deposits charged before booking a appointment, require you to pay for the entire appointment in some cases and charging for no shows instantly. I have complained and complained yet they continue to add features that they can make money off of instead of catering to our request. It’s my third time returning and was told it was better and found out that wasn’t true. I am very unhappy with salon iris and as soon as I can find something that caters to the new age way of handling my salon then I’m leaving. I have spoke to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] several time month after month and it’s hopeless. Shame

CS

Celina S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Love the program, but there’s room for improvement

Pros

Most things work well, just small adjustments to improve the software overall

Cons

Multiple client accounts not being merged even when the information is exactly the same. Which doesn’t allow accurate history tracking. DaySmart allowed payroll and online booking and ideally did work on Instagram but does not if you need it on multiple accounts. We can’t offer a booking button on Instagram for multiple team members

MM

Margret M.

Great program!

I love being able to book appointments for my hairstyling business from anywhere. No more carrying a book with me!

Pros

I really like using this program. It's very easy to use and was easy to set up! Even if you aren't tech savvy it still isn't an issue.

Cons

I don't like the fact the the price is in USD, and fluctuates with the $. I'm in Canada so it's a little pricey.

PO

Paul O.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Amazing Software

It has been an amazing experience. I have had no issues and any questions I have are always answered in a very timely and professional manner.

Pros

This has been one of the best investments to my business since I started using it in 2006. It has helped me grow and manage my salon better than I thought. The thing I like most is how I can customize it to my business.

Cons

I don't know what to put here because nothing pops into my head. I have been happy and honestly cannot come up with anything.

MZ

Mendy Z.

Overall Salon iris is a blessing

Pros

i have been using salon iris for about 4 years now it has done wonders for me taking me from a pen and paper business to digitizing my appointments, Customer service is a breeze (most of the time) short hold.

Cons

2 important think i would like to see added to this software and then this will be the best spa software out there a better online booking and intake and treatment record option

PS

Pietro S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Strong features — payroll reporting needs work

Good. Everyone is always pleasant when I reach out.

Pros

The app. Ease of pulling reports. Need more portable pos solutions like a small tablet that can be handed to the client to pay.

Cons

I have asked for this before and I’m not sure why this hasn’t been fixed. We use tier commission for our stylists, but the calculation in DaySmart is wrong — so I can’t use it. Wish it integrates better with QuickBooks.

KK

Karla K.

DaySmart review

I’ve used this system for years . It’s been good to me

Pros

The new feature to adjust a closed ticket

Cons

Two many steps to click out at checkout

LB

Lisa B.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Glitchy

unsatisfactory

Pros

The initial integration was easy and stress free

Cons

Glitchy. All the time. Unable to resolve glitches with tech/developers. Loads slow, crashes, not intuitive functions, too many clicks and steps for basic uses. limited Basic reporting

JD

Jon D.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

There's Nothing Similar!

Salon iris provides the MOST options within a platform on the market. We have access to unlimited amounts of data and that proves to be a HUGE factor in helping us develop our business strategy year over year.

Pros

We love the amount of customization that salon iris has! The ability to run reports on copious amounts of data that date back years and years is extremely beneficial to our business! We are able to better serve our clients because we can see the data over long periods of time. The customer service is like nowhere else! Everyone is always eager to help and genuinely interested in teaching you how to solve your problems. Each time we've needed assistance they go above and beyond! We love that they're constantly making updates to help us better communicate with our clients whether its through email or text marketing!

Cons

The only issue that we deal with on a daily basis is the online booking system. It is not as user friendly as it could be and that is the only area where the lack of control , that we have as a client, is difficult because we cannot best accommodate out customers. Due to the way we operate as a salon the online booking is more often a headache for staff and clients because clients see multiple stylists...

JS

Jeannette S.

Gets The Job Done

I appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on the app management as he will set time aside to speak with me regarding upgrades and improvements and what’s to come. Overall I have used DaySmart because it’s going to be a gas sold to switch but it will happen over time. Unfortunately other companies offer the things DaySmart lacks.

Pros

I enjoy the DaySmart offers cloud user access for the team to see their schedule. Being able to have client profiles helps create consistency with client visits. Working the app is easy to manage and they offer some great features but they could use improvement. They take their customers feedback to build the app.

Cons

DaySmart will have a lot of glitches in the system, and the app version lags running slow or logging out. When they add new features with updates they’re not 100% ready to go and have bugs that require improvements. Their email marketing templates are absolutely the worse. To generic and almost too tacky/old school to use. All other salon softwares are more up to date with their email marketing.

KB

Kathy B.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

A great product for our salon

This has made our business run so much more smoothly. We seem to have less no shows. The stylist is now involved with their schedule which takes some stress off the front desk.

Pros

The software has made our scheduling so much easier. Stylist can be in control of their own books, checking the receptionist decision and eliminating mistakes. The text reminders are a godsend and the clients love them. The color coding makes it easy to decipher. Double booking works wonderfully.

Cons

We wish future appointments would show up when making an appointment as people forget to tell us to cancel one they already have. You also can't "lie" to a client and tell them their appointment is earlier, for the chronically late clients. When the internet goes down or a glitch with the software, the receptionist loses the ability to work (doesn't happen with paper) but we still have cloud access.

AC

Antonia C.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Definitely worth it ... Once they work out the kinks.

It's been pretty good. Other than the above issue.

Pros

It is very easy, especially for someone like myself that is not very comfortable with technology. I love that I can input everything from appointments to inventory and everything is kept track of. The website feature is very nice too. Affordable, professional and user friendly, plus the service has been almost perfect.

Cons

Unfortunately when I signed up for Salon Iris I specifically told the gentleman who helped me that all I have to use is my phone and my phone is an Android Galaxy S8+. I was very specific because I had no desire to have to buy anything else for this software to work. Everything was great until I received my free credit card swiper that worked with my phone. Well that was supposed to work with my phone....

EL

Emily L.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

It's hit and miss Sometimes the programs features are wonderful Sometimes they don't work at all in Canada or on the app

Pros

Online booking Till count Slow appointment time texts Appointment keeping and the function to be able to set times to each stylist. It keeps records

Cons

Alot of the features are not made for Canada. The quick books option The pricing of the program in general I'm am unable to use the system for clients to leave a deposit via cc. Salon booth renters are unable to keep their own till count. Alot of the features don't work on the app and only the computer and in this day and age everyone runs from a cell phone

AG

Amanda G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Talk to other departments

There doesn't seem to be any oversight between departments. I have been getting charged double for nearly 3 years. It's hard to get situations resolved because I am trying to run a business while sitting on hold, being passed around departments for over an hour during the work day. When they send you to a new department, they don't prompt them, so you have to start over from scratch with each new person who you're transferred to, which is incredibly annoying.

Pros

User friendly. Easy to set up and utilize. Convenient to use on computer as well as mobile.

Cons

Can be glitchy, especially at checkout.

JA

Joe A.

Easy and Convenient

My experience has been great! I love to offer our staff more functionality in the software that they use every day. For me managing the reports has been the best feature.

Pros

I love all the functionality the software offers

Cons

It can glitch and be kind of slow sometimes.

CC

Carissa C.

Disorganized/Manipulative Practice/Horrible Customer Service

I had them because they are cheap and now it makes sense, they dont care about quality only quantity. They have a lot of issues with their apps, customer service, and reports. Overall not reliable to me.

Pros

I like how your clients get text reminders. Helps a lot!

Cons

The company overall seems very disorganized. I had a small issue that is now taking days to figure out because I get a different story each time I reach out to their employees. I'm leaving them. I'd rather pay more and get a better service.

SD

Suna D.

Not so happy

Did not meet up to my expectations

Pros

App is easy to use anywhere when having to book appointments

Cons

The inventory keeping is not good The checkout is not good

JC

Jessica C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy software to use

Overall, it’s a good product I would recommend to others In the salon industry.

Pros

It was very straightforward. The employees were able to use it without any display Ace everything easy to see at once. I like the customizable options.

Cons

I feel like it constantly needed to be updated to run properly. Otherwise it would freeze or run slowly.

PS

Patricia S.

Great Soffer highly recommend

Pros

The software is very easy to use and booking is a breeze. I love all the auto confirmations! I also love how it keeps track of all of my numbers for the end of the year for taxes it makes it super easy.

Cons

I absolutely hate that when people message you through the app there is zero notifications to the user! I miss every single message Clients send me because there is no sound or icon that pops up on the app. I also wish you could turn off notifications for when you edit appointments. I keep that function on because if I change their appointment to a different day or time I want them getting the auto text. What I don’t like is if I change the timing or what it’s labeled as for myself to see in my own books it also notifies them.

PH

Patricia H.

Convenient

It’s ok so far. Still have some technical difficulties

Pros

Text and email confirmations For Accounting purposes

Cons

Can’t alot a deposit for clients who pay in advance . Would love if there was an option to input a deposit without having to checkout