STORIS Logo

Suggested alternatives

cin7
cin7-core
retailedge

I've been in the IT support department myself for over 20yrs and got to give the highest of kudos to this companies outstanding services and support.
They're that petty cause they know they are slinging terrible and pathetic product.

Jack L.

It's a quick and efficient software.

Pros

It has a lot of checks and balances that doesn't allow the user to make mistakes. It also shows the designer custom options they may not be aware of to give their client the best design solution possible. Once you learn the drop-down abbreviations and become proficient you can quickly create a quote for your client. New employees never exposed to the system are able to pick it up quite rapidly as it is extremely user-friendly. Our administrator has the ability to quickly fix any errors we might have made. The reports it generates allow us to give real-time information to our clients. The ability to review clients past purchases when adding items to their home is very helpful and selecting new furniture that will compliment what they have purchased in the past!

Cons

There are times that the software is down. This can wreak havoc on our business. This may not be hey STORIS issue but rather an in-house Ethan Allen issue. We also recently moved locations. This required a new store code. The system was unable to blend the client base from the old store code to the new one requiring searching a customer's information in two different places. Not a significant hindrance.

JH

Jenny H.

Great Service After the Sale

I have embraced using Storis - I'm in it virtually all the time. [sensitive content hidden] calls me on a regular schedule to find out how things are going and if I have any questions/concerns. The best part of that is she takes my questions seriously and finds answers or how-to's for anything that I've brought up.

Pros

Converting to Storis was like coming into the modern age. We finally were able to keep track of inventory, make sales, write services, etc without using handwritten charts. Maybe it wasn't that bad, but it seemed like a huge improvement.

Cons

About the only thing I don't like is that it seems to take a lot of clicks to achieve my goal. This is because Storis gives options and wants to make sure I'm not taking the wrong route and making a mistake.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

If you want a Time Machine Reminder of the terrible software of the 90's

Awful!

Pros

There are none, except this is the best the furniture world has for software and they worship it. The software is so outdated it's like stepping back 30 years. .Terrible, clunky, slow and just pathetically behind. They say it's because furniture is difficult but I've run logistics and financing before in other organizations it's just that Furniture as a whole is a racket and they exploit customers and STORIS exploits the companies.

Cons

Everything! It is slow, it looks and feels outdated. The company is so overly sensitive if you review them bad they withing days contact higher leadership in a conference call and demand retribution against employees of the organization who spoke out and they are overall. Not kidding had a review posted once and they wanted it taken down and me fired, the Vice president found me on LinkedIn shortly...

VC

Vanessa C.

McRoskey Mattress Company

Good. Once you get everything set up and everyone trained it is straight forward.

Pros

the customer service team at Storis and their tenacity to address issues as they arise

Cons

a little cumbersome for our type of operations but we operate unlike most mattress retailers

AD

Ashlyn D.

Retail, 1-10 employees

After Using For 5+ Years...

I have never had a software company be so hands on with their product and offer as much support in training and technical support as STORIS. Sometimes it is easy to take a product for granted when it works seamlessly for you as STORIS does for our business but I am reminded how fantastic the service is every month when our point of contact, Chris, checks in to confirm STORIS is working well for us.

Pros

I began working at Luxe Home Company after STORIS was already well introduced into our routine and immediately I found the software to be incredibly easy to navigate and learn. It is critical that tasks are able to be performed quickly and efficiently in a small business and STORIS has everything laid out in an easy to use, step by step system. For example, if I want to see our outstanding gift certificates - even if I am not familiar with the function - all I need to do is search "gift certificates" and a clearly labeled option comes up and I am guided through the prompts to print a report with exactly the information I need.

Cons

When STORIS is not working properly for whatever reason, I find troubleshooting not very user friendly. Luckily, technical support has always been quick to respond to whatever issue I am having. Specifically, my biggest gripe is when your computer goes to sleep or if you are disconnected from the internet for whatever reason, if you were working on a sales order or purchase order at that time when you go to reload the same page to pick up where you left over, STORIS will not let you in and you need to call to reset the page.

Jordan B.

Retail, 11-50 employees

High quality but sometimes challenging to work with

Our company is easily able to be scaled thanks in part to the software. We also have not found a solution to our unique financing model and Storis is the best out there for the time being. We have seen tremendous gains in efficiency and they are highly responsive which is greatly appreciated. We have seen volume increase and efficiency increase which is obviously a strong return.

Pros

Inventory management basic product is incredible. Sales orders are the focus and places high emphasis on this function. Client services help team is phenomenal and they are always trying to push themselves to do better. I also appreciate that their corporate culture is solid and they work hard to earn your business.

Cons

Many aspects are cost prohibitive as their pricing can vary wildly when you need "custom" work. Failure to integrate with other technologies in lieu of developing their own software is a trap a lot of these companies fall into which limits capability and cost. Through the process it is easy to feel like you are too small a company to work with them and you are being nickle and dimed.

We appreciate your feedback and your partnership. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Nancy Figueras Client Advocate Supervisor

RN

Richard N.

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Modular and Flexible - Transactional Accounting for Other Industries Too

We've been with Storis since 2006. As our accounting applications service provider (ASP), we couldn't be happier with Storis as our "partner" for our software accounting needs. Transactional accounting at its best. Robust, redundancy built in, and modular. Storis maintains our Inventory on a perpetual basis as we require - from PO's through receiving and sales order sell through. A/P and A/R functions...

Pros

Modularity - Use only what you need. Flexibility - Create custom reports needed by your industry and business, easily. Robust, no downtime to speak of. Upgrades included at no charge. Amazing, attentive, professional and caring staff.

Cons

Absolutely - and I am tough - not even one negative thought about the company or its software

Richard, thank you very much for your thoughtful comments. We are always happy to hear success stories like yours.

CG

Cali G.

Very Helpful Product

Pros

The program allows for accurate tracking of inventory in stock, as well as ensuring items are assigned to customers upon entry of the Sales Order. This helps not only to ensure customers are receiving them item they purchased, but also to assist with product re-ordering. The analytics function is a helpful tool to determine which products and product categories are more popular than others.

Cons

Integrating a new product into an established business always has its hiccups. Storis is capable of doing a lot and learning the product did take some time, but we did it. One specific thing that would be helpful would be to have the ability to have more than one program function window open at once. There are times where it would be easier to be able to look at more than one window and not have to switch back and forth.

Tiffany E.

Retail, 201-500 employees

STORIS

Pros

There aren't many ERP solutions for Furniture Retail that have ALL the solutions you need - from Inventory, POS to Accounting and in between. We're glad to know we don't have to try to integrate with additional software like accounting, etc.

Cons

Product suggestions from power users can sit for years before being implemented. One-off custom enhancements are expensive. Some parts are clunky and restrictive.

We appreciate your feedback and your partnership. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Manager, Client Advocacy

EF

Ericka F.

Furniture, 501-1,000 employees

Operations Manager For Furniture Retail

User for over 5 years for both sales and operations management. Great for tracking all aspects of sales, finance, and auditing purposes. Accurate reporting for multiple locations.

Pros

Easy for auditing. Updating invoices, finance management. Administrative overrides. Payment processing, and reports.

Cons

Very high volume sales days system might run slower.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Awful system

STORIS is a hot mess and I highly recommend using a different POS system.

Pros

The only reason I used this software was because our company used it instead of any alternatives. It never worked as designed.

Cons

Everything. The scheduling portion was broken, it wouldn't give correct information when making inquiries on availability, it would just lock you out of orders at points.

Hello, We regret to learn of your disappointment. To address your concerns we would be happy to connect with you to see how we can assist. When a Retailer goes live on STORIS, a trainer goes onsite to assist, bringing with them detailed knowledge of STORIS' processes and retail operations. Last year STORIS successfully brought over 40 new partners live on our solution. We understand that conversions...

SM

Sheila M.

Furniture, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

STORIS is a mess

Also, I noticed that on Holiday shopping days when we were most busy, the system would go down or lock us out! A product of the server being used by multiple retailers and over burdened I guess.

Pros

The limited functionality allowed me to learn it quickly. I have been in the computer industry for about 25 years so the old fashion functions like the use of function keys gave me a little nostalgia.

Cons

Antiquated features and functions. In my work we had to have multiple software products to accomplish the POS process. For example we had to look up a custom product SKU and all SKUs in one application, write it down and then sign into STORIS. STORIS required us to use the function keys rather than typical right click for copy and paste. Really OLD FASHIONED. This is just one example

Thank you for your review on Software Advice. We are sincerely disappointed to hear of your experience. After researching your issues with your ERP Administrator, it was confirmed that the issues you experienced logging in were due to insufficient licenses. The number of STORIS licenses our customers elect is outside of our control. In addition, we offer unlimited free webinar training for each...

MG

Miguel G.

Storis for the win

Very Easy to use on a day to day but it at times can be limiting.

Pros

Really love exporting and importing data sets via Excel. This helped with mass catalog changes.

Cons

We are limited to certain search queries, SQL is not allowed.

We at STORIS are happy to hear about your positive experience with our software. Thank you for your partnership. Our Data Warehouse product might offer you the SQL flexibility you are looking for. We would be happy to reach out to you to discuss options. Nancy Figueras Manager, Client Relations

MB

Michael B.

brought into the 21st century by Storis

Overall we have been happy with Storis. A lot of the troubles we have encountered are due to the fact that we are not a bunch of computer people which is why we used spreadsheets and sales books for so long! Each day it gets easier and anytime I have really stumped Storis answers quickly and professionally.

Pros

Our previous inventory and sales were done on spreadsheets and written invoice pads. What a difference it makes to have such precise control over the inventory levels. We have really been able to streamline our ordering and reduce wasted space. And the sales order process, once learned, gives a very professional look to the customers - we love being able to email the sales orders! Also, a treasure trove of customer data is taken with just about every sale.

Cons

It is a big system with a lot of features - it is taking us quite a while to get comfortable with all of the "ins and outs" of the system. Storis support is always quick to reply with answers and solutions but sometimes it is hard to break away from a customer to get in touch with customer support. That being said they always get us back on track and the more we use the system the easier it gets.

BT

Bryan T.

Moving Forward With STORIS

STORIS has a been a game changer for us in inventory control, Point of Sale, revenue, and marketing. We have been so blessed in our partnership with STORIS.

Pros

There are many features STORIS provides which I like. 1) Inventory control features are very efficient; 2) STORIS' Delivery charge capabilities increased delivery charge revenue for us by 600%. These are 2 important features that have been a game changer for us.

Cons

There are not any "Cons" in my opinion. Yes, changing over from a system we had been using for over 2 decades, a system that is far behind STORIS in technology and effectiveness, was not easy but it sure was worth it.

SD

Scott D.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Best Furniture Software Available

I have worked with the Storis team for almost 24 years now. Nowhere in the technology community have I had the pleasure of working with such a great team. They are a true business partner.

Pros

This software is the best out there for the top furniture companies. It has been designed from the ground up to handle the unique scenarios that present themselves in furniture sales.

Cons

As with any software, as your business grows and changes, you will some times run in to a function that does not allow you to operate the way you want. However, the Storis team is always great to work with to either find another way to accomplish your goals or to actually modify the software to suite your goals.

Thank you for taking the time to review STORIS. Your feedback is invaluable. We appreciate your partnership. Nancy Figueras Client Advocate Supervisor

JW

Jared W.

Could be better

It's been okay, I definitely would prefer something different.

Pros

This is a straight forward program to use at POS for your business. Somewhat simple design navigating through the software.

Cons

You can tell its very OLD. Some more complicated processes can lead to headaches for the user. Takes a long time to get used to.

We appreciate your feedback and your partnership. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We hope to have the opportunity to show you how STORIS can be an impactful tool for your business, as it is for over 400 retailers. Our mission remains to deliver the strategic technology and professional services home furnishing retailers need to succeed. We will be reaching out to see if there is anything we can assist you with. Sincerely, Nancy Figueras, STORIS Manager, Client Relations

CA

Cara A.

Excellent Software

We have a had a great experience. Storis has really helped us to streamline our ordering and inventory processes. Storis also has some capabilities that we are not currently using, but will help us grow in the future. It is a system that we could use for today, but grow with for tomorrow.

Pros

Storis is very easy to use and has really helped take our company to a new level with technology. This system has really helped us to implement new processes and make our company look more professional at the point of sale.

Cons

There are a few tweaks here and there that could be made, but its minor things that don't affect my everyday use of is.

We at STORIS are happy to hear about your positive experience with our software. Thank you for your partnership. Nancy Figueras Client Advocate Supervisor

LB

Lauren B.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

Storis Review

I only have experience with STORIS but use it on a daily basis in multiple ways.

Pros

Updating orders, information, pricing, descriptions is very easy, choosing the printer settings make life very convenient and helps keep records accessible. The description button really saves time when searching for a product.

Cons

It can be very sensitive, you have to get used to the way Storis communicates, example tab instead of enter which is less convenient. There also seem to be multiple steps required that don't always seem necessary, the search feature could be more broad. It is too specific sometimes.

JC

Justin C.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

Lots of features

The main thing that has kept us using the product is the customer service from our client advocate. They are what makes this program worth it. We always get quick responses when we have an issue.

Pros

The program has many different features from point of sale to inventory management even special order options.

Cons

Because the program has so many features it can be a little complex in the beginning. Sometimes updates will make you change the way you use and navigate the software program.

LJ

Lyndon J.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Storis is THE software for the furniture industry

When Storis brought out EIS, it dramatically improved the sales analysis. See my comments in the "pros" paragraph

Pros

Very powerful inventory and sales analysis tools. With these tools, we are able to track our best and worst selling items with ease and attain our gmroi targets to maximize profitability and cash flow

Cons

The menu format is clumsy for the system administrator. It would work more efficiently with drop down menu options

KG

Keith G.

Furniture,

Mixed Review

Pros

The staff at Storis is very responsive and helpful. They make me desire to give Storis an outstanding review, but I'm just not quite there yet. Hoping that Storis overhauls their platform to make it more user friendly.

Cons

1. If you are an old school Microsoft platform person, you may enjoy the use of the software. In comparison to today's drag and drop, intuitive computing environment, the Storis software feels dated and clunky. Multitasking in Storis, or having multiple screens up at one time is almost non-existent, and to complete a task, or even offer a customer a simple refund, there is not always one simple process that allows the user to finish the task. 2. Storis charges for just about everything. Even to get to the detailed reports we desired, we had to purchase the EIS reporting module. It would seem to me that many of the features that Storis charges extra for should be integrated into the software itself at no extra charge.

KZ

Kevin Z.

The Bed Store

Pros

I have only had experience in Storis, never used anything else. Storis seems easy to me but this is the only software I have used.

Cons

Same as my pro... I have only used Storis, never had anything else. Storis is difficult in getting information out of it. The reporting could be easier. Could have a dashboard to see sales data quicker.

eS

eric S.

Over 20 Year Client

Storis has proven to me over the last 20 years to be reliable, dependable and an industry leader by staying current with advancements in all areas of systems. However, the true key to success with Storis is the top flite staff. Knowledge and responsive to any concerns or issue that arise. The overall communication of information is excellent. Looking forward to another 20 years

Pros

Flexibility, speed is good, stable, keeps growing

Cons

set-up layers, report development style improvement

Eric, Thank you for your review and your kind words. We appreciate your partnership!

AK

Aaron K.

A Partner for Growth

STORIS is focused on making our business (as well as others) more efficient and customer focused. The simplicity of the UI, processes and overall system allow our employees to focus entirely on selling and servicing our guests. The scalability of the cloud-based platform has already allowed us to seamlessly add another location that is tailored to our specific needs. As a growing small business, the benefits far outweigh the costs, especially considering the breadth of what STORIS offers its customers.

Cons

Thank you so much Aaron. We appreciate your continued support and value our partnership.