ConvertCalculator Logo

ConvertCalculator

Boost sales, reduce hassle - without code.

ConvertCalculator Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.24/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It's ability to quote somewhat complex pricing models accurately is impressive. Then if help is needed, customer service is proficient and helpful and its an overall great value.
I just started to use the tool and created several calculators - it's amazing how everything is easy to use. Integration with WordPress is super easy.
We don't have enough exposure or anything negative to note about the experience. Maybe future updates making graphical interface and navigation through the builder more streamlined.

Tom B.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Simple and powerful

Letting the team very quickly show a prospect their options and costs The price list is relatively simple - but interpreting it is very hard manually I created a powerful calculator in three hours one evening which did it beautifully! I spent longer trying to find the right platform to use! I've not yet used the lead capture / hubspot integration

Pros

Managed to very quickly, easily create a pricing calculator in 3 hours that I expected to take several days / need custom code. Super simple to use - AND all "Excel" functions available as well. Ability to hide sections in clever ways proved very helpful: - Hiding the results until the last question was answered - but still having it one page so you can change your answers to see the results live - Hiding options which are not suitable for the use case (A huge problem for us - customers trying to pay for a cheaper solution which does not cover what they want to do!)

Cons

UX still improving - but found it very quick / easy to use

RW

Raven W.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Best custom calculator generator I've found!

Great! This calculator is a cornerstone of our website and sales generation and has worked very well for our needs. Highly recommended.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use, with a great selection of elements that can cover just about all your bases. Never crashes, embeds easily into your site and updates your changes in real time. Overall a very useful app!

Cons

It would be great if you could edit some of the formatting for mobile devices (size of images and some elements can change in an undesired way). Being able to embed images in tooltips would also be great! Of course, there does seem to be functionality for custom code. As a noncoder, this app has intuitive and easy functionality for 90% of the features I would want.

Hi Raven, thanks for your kind words, and happy to welcome you as a customer! We agree that we can improve on mobile formatting, so expect to see improvements there! On your second comment, it is already possible to add images to your tooltips using markdown.

KJ

Kevin J.

Computer Games, 1-10 employees

If users need to calculate before making a purchase, convert calculator is for you.

It's an innovative tool that automatically make your site better.

Pros

It's a very nice integrated calculator for a website. It let users do calculations within the sheet without going elsewhere.

Cons

The limits on the lower subscription tiers.

FB

Faye B.

Building Materials, self-employed

Excellent for customizing a calculator for my clients

They have been very helpful with any issues I've had

Pros

It's completely customizable for my very niche needs. I has streamlined a lot of my customer interactions and allowed me to focus on other work.

Cons

Initial set-up of formulas can be a learning curve for beginners. But once you wrap your mind around it it's very straightforward.

MV

Mandy V.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Website Calculator Made Easy!

Overall the process was very simple. I needed a quoting calculator for our website and I am not an html person so to have the ability to create what I needed and easily copy and paste the code into my web page, was amazing! This is definitely a tool that any marketer could use if you need quoting or calculations on your site. I created a fairly complex calculator in about one hour, compared to the time it would have taken me to contact my web developer and have him create it manually with code. I am so happy I found this solution.

Pros

What I liked best about this software is the amount of flexibility I had in creating a calculator. Even on the free plan, I felt like I still had all the functionality I would need. It was simple to create exactly what I needed and if I had trouble their concierge service was available to help out!

Cons

The thing I liked least was creating the formulas to get my quote to calculate how we needed it. But that is not the software's issue, it's just me not liking formulas or math. It would be helpful though to have some sample formulas to choose from. But their concierge team is able to help with this and even create the calculator for you if you want to send them a spreadsheet of what you need.

KJ

Kate J.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Any Website Should Have a Calculator

Convert Calculator was easy to use to create a personalized quote form. Whether you need it to do some math in the background or use if/then statements, you should be able to design something that fits your needs.

Pros

Other companies charge hundreds of dollars a month to maintain a quote form on a website. This is a simple and relatively cheap alternatives for small businesses. Any company should have some aspect of their business that would make an engaging calculator on their website. Go build it yourself with Convert Calculator.

Cons

I did not run into any features that the software lacked.

MA

Mike A.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Fantastic tool and service - would not hesitate to recommend

First class from start to finish. This is probably the best product and customer experience we have ever had.

Pros

This software really stands out for its ability to generate a bespoke price onscreen in real time, without the user having to submit personal details to receive the quote. The software is pretty intuitive and easy to use, but if you want to do anything complex, or just get stuck, the customer support (and concierge service to build the calculator for you) was very reasonably priced and incredibly supportive. Highly recommended – we will be using it for all kinds of systems now we have found it.

Cons

The calculator is incredibly powerful and it can get a little bewildering once you get past a very simple calculator. However, the support team will build a calculator for you for a very reasonable price, and were incredibly supportive at every stage, and no question or request was too much trouble, so you always feel very well supported throughout.

Thanks a lot for your review. We are very glad to see that you are so happy with our product. I totally get the bewildering part. We are working hard to improve the ease-of-use of our product; to reduce friction in setting up your calculator. Easier said than done though, lol. If you have any ideas on how to simplify the build process, please let us know!

Antonio C.

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

Great calculator sofware, it has increased our sales

Overall what it offers is super good! We are very happy with it.

Pros

It help us to show in a easy way thousands of prices. It helps the client to have clarity and compare different options.

Cons

You need to be a bit tecky if you really want to have a nice calculator with complex funtionalities.

Pira S.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great for Marketing tools

Pros

It's a powerful tool for growth hackers to explore and design 'marketing tools'. We used it as the first prototype of something we wanted to implement in our product and future acquisition campaigns. when you understand how to use the formula feature you can build whatever you want and embed it on your landing page without effort.

Cons

Like all the new tools, you need to spend one or two days to fully understand its value. I would focus first on learning how to use the formula feature. It's the product's heart.

Thank you for your great review. We do our best to make the interface as intuitive as possible and to support you in building the calculation forms you need. And we have a full roadmap of further improvements, so stay tuned!

IP

Ivan P.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Great tool, with a lot of potential!

Great experience, since I'm building a very very complex calculator it took me a lot of time to figure out how to do it.

Pros

It is a great tool with the possibility of really advanced calculations and optimisations. Excellent customer service!

Cons

The knowledge bank is very limited, yet customer support fully covers for it.

kT

kim T.

Amazing - This is drastically improved our business

So far, we have built 2 lead generation calculators which will become part of a funnel. We have also built 3 internal calculators to provide simple calculators for staff to provide leads & customers with reports about their property portfolio. It's made internal processes easier, streamlined, consistent & error-proof, whilst instilling confidence in our clients when we send them reports.

Pros

Using the interface was easy - the drag & drop & elements are very user friendly. Figuring out the formulas has taken some time, having almost zero experience using formulas, I've found the help section & customer service so helpful. I feel accomplished when I build another calculator & improve a process/experience for my colleagues/customers/potential leads. The integrations through zapier have worked well & adding calculators to our website has been relatively easy. I'm about to upgrade to the premium plan because this is working so well for us, I can really see the value in having a plan that allows logic & concierge.

Cons

I would like the option to have a live chat rather than a delayed email conversation. I would like more instructions on how to make certain formulas work so I can find the answers myself rather than needing to ask for help/wait.

Hi Kim, thanks for the review! Unfortunately, live chat is not feasible for us. But we do our best to respond to your emails as quick as possible. Differences in time zones do not help though Totally agree on your comments regarding the formulas. We have a lot of improvements planned, so users can figure out how to use certain formulas and get better feedback when receiving errors. So stay tuned!

JA

John A.

Best Customer Service!

Very positive!

Pros

I use this software as a plugin for my website to provide price quotes. It's ability to quote somewhat complex pricing models accurately is impressive. Then if help is needed, customer service is proficient and helpful and its an overall great value!

Cons

It may be challenging for a non-coder to design complex calculators. Navigating the dashboard may not be intuitive.

Hi John, thanks for the review and the kind words! We get that the app can sometimes feel a bit complex. No worries though, as you experienced, we are always there to help you reach your goals.

JG

Justin G.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Unmatched calculation functionality

Pros

I tried 5-6 different calculator forms. Nothing came close to the intuitive formulas and calculation capability of ConvertCalculator.

Cons

No auto-advance feature on some questions. This would increase conversions. I get deeply frustrated by the fact that I cannot choose my text color and that there isn't more options to edit the look of my form.

Hi Justin, thanks for the review! We've just launched our update that allows you to change the design of your calculator in a user friendly way. And more style options are on the way. Also thank you for pointing out the auto advance. That is definitely a feature that has our attention.

ED

ERIKA D.

Maritime, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great for everyday

Improved customer service, so we can make more quotes and close deals easily

Pros

Facilitated quotations on the company's website, so many customers joined our services

Cons

More template options, it could improve the interface

TY

Tyler Y.

Design, 1-10 employees

Very happy with this product!

ConvertCalculator made it very easy for me, someone without coding skills, to build a powerful product configurator for my business.

Pros

Easy to use, tons of features, and excellent customer support.

Cons

I would have to be pedantic here. The only issue I noticed was quite a few typos in the interface - but that’s barely worth mentioning.

SB

Sam B.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Good product but some things to be cautious of

Pros

The calculator works very well once set up. Lots of options to choose from and integrates well with the website.

Cons

Check the pricing plans carefully before building your calculator. The plans are based not just on number of visits but the more useful features are only available through the higher plans; something which isn't clear when incorporating them into the design. Whilst still in trial mode and working on our new website, I received 2 emails informing me I was nearing (and then reached) the visitor limit and the calculator would be shut down. The emails clearly say if these visits are from testing then you can request more time, which I have done 3 times over the course of a week to no response. I am now in a position where I cannot send out any initial marketing materials as I have no way of knowing whether potential customers are going to be able to use the website properly or not.

Hi Sam, Thanks for leaving a review. To get right to your comment: we are not shy in extending trials when calculators are still in test mode. We unfortunately did not receive your request in our inbox (no idea what happened there :( ). Please send me a direct email and we will sort it out! Regards, Bas

LO

Louise O.

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Game Changer

The calculator has been able to do everything I need. It was easy to set up and begin working with right from the beginning, however I recommend the concierge service which saved me time and ensured that the calculator looked and worked exactly how I wanted it to. The support team have been excellent. I look forward to receiving more information about their constant improvements.

Pros

Incorporating calculators into an on-line website is a game changer for not only our company, but our potential customers as well. It has saved us lots of time in correspondence, and the ease of use is a useful tool for us to be able to offer in order to get more customers. All our customers love the tool, and the availability and ease of use has driven more business to our company. Integration into our Squarespace website was a breeze.

Cons

There were some small formatting issues that I came across when I first started developing my calculator, however the support team at ConvertCalculator easily fixed them.

BP

Belinda P.

Design, 1-10 employees

Excellent platform

Fantastic service and a really robust platform.

Pros

The software is easy to use, has great functionality and is easy customize in any website look and feel. The customer service is super efficient, friendly and helpful. They even offered a special discount rate for the premium package which was refreshing. I researched a number of competitors before choosing this one and none of them measured up in terms of all the development functionality features I needed and that this platform offers.

Cons

Nothing to comment here. I am happy with this platform

AP

Andres P.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1-10 employees

Great tool and easy setup

I’ve tried a ton of plugins already and only a few of them came close to what ConvertCalculator has done for me. After going through other softwares I decided to try out ConvertCalculator. Since I’ve used ConvertCalculator I’m able to offer my customers a friendly and easy quoting process.

Pros

Helps you grow my business No coding skills required Powerful integrations

Cons

None cons. Everything works good.

AV

Adit V.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Great tool backed by a greater customer service

Pros

-Easy of use - Clean design - Customization options - Smart logics - Top-notch support from the team

Cons

- we don't have enough exposure or anything negative to note about the experience. - Maybe future updates making graphical interface and navigation through the builder more streamlined

Hi Adit, Thanks a lot for this awesome review! I do get your remark on "graphical interface and navigation". If you have any suggestions on how to make our builder / editor easier to use, please let us know! We are eager for feedback!

FS

Frank S.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great product and a great company

Pros

Customizability, ease of use, constant feature development. The team is very friendly and accomodating, and the core product is fast and well designed. No need to code up a custom calculator when CC exists.

Cons

There are certain advanced features in relation to manufacturing pricing that I need which are not available in CC. However, if my experience so far is anything to go by, I wouldn't be surprised if they show up.

LA

Lahin A.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Overall it is really a valuable option for web designers

This option was a very quick and effective solution for us to introduce a digital proposal form for our investors.

Pros

The fact that it provides all the necessary option you need to create a complicated form.

Cons

There should be minor improvements such as the date option where it sort of hard to select the date from the given dropdown menu since you can freely type in the year.

JC

Jared C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Amazing Service

Pros

Our company used the Concierge service to build a calculator for our website. The speed and responsiveness was incredible, and we highly recommend these guys if you want great service paired with expertise. Highly recommended.

Cons

Nothing not to love. Works with your site settings on Squarespace so it looks seamless on the site.

KR

Kim R.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great Experience

Overall it was a fabulous experience. I was able to quickly get convert calculator incorporated with snipcart and then integrated with Webflow

Pros

I needed a price measurement calculator to incorporate with the Webflow platform. Convert calculator was the only calculator that incorporated with snipcart and then I integrated it with webflow. The best part about it is that I have limited experience with coding and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from conferred calculator helped me through it greatly! Our customer is very happy with the end result.

Cons

I think there could be a little bit more clarification on the site on how to use the custom JS application.

Hi Kim, thanks you so much for your review and the kind words. We fully agree there is work to do on documenting our JS-application. Improving our overal help/documentation has our priority, so prepare to see some big improvements there!

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Accurate convert calculator

Pros

Very easy to select what we want to convert into what and its very accurate which is the most important thing

Cons

None that I can thing of. Been very user friendly from day 1