Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.85/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Overall very good experience and i completely recommend it to anyone looking for Endpoint protection solution.

I like that it is keeping my systems secure and detecting any problems. It is affordable and easy to use.

PH

Peggy H.

Almost everyone I suggested Webroot to bought & installed it, they were quite impressed at how much better their computers & other devices ran so much smoother.

CR

Carl R.

Our experience with Webroot has been one of the worst that I have ever experienced. Their customer service is absolutely terrible.

JS

Janae S.

It is hard for me to find something wrong with this software.

GD

Gordon D.

Worst Customer Service I have ever encountered.

JS

Janae S.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection users...

Norton AntiVirus-logocaret

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Avast Business Pro Plus-logocaret

Avast Business Pro Plus

Compare both
How would you rate Webroot Business Endpoint Protection?

Shawn B.

IT Architect

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

The Default AntiVirus we use for ALL our clients

Transcript

Shawn: Hi, my name is Shawn. I'm an IT solutions architect. My rating for SecureAnywhere is a four. And...

Great web security tool

Transcript

Erika H.: Hi, I'm Erika. I'm a director, and I give SecureAnywhere three stars. For more reviews, click...

Simple and effective monitoring tool

Pros

I like that the deployment of the software is smooth and innocuous. It's easy to install and setup on a network.

Cons

If you run apps that are custom built this app can either block those from working all together or bring your system to a grinding halt. Having to go through the process to white list an app can be daunting. It's possible and support responds, but it's usually to request log files and then they request a reinstall. This is followed by alot of back and forth until it's escalated and they find the root cause of the issue.

Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection

It works very well, never stops protecting your device and is easy to install if you follow the directions specifically.

Pros

I buy this product every year for my computers. It works well with all of our computers and you have the option to use it on cell phones and tablets as well. You have a lot of options with this software, the standard ones of setting times and dates to run scans for viruses and you can localize files to scan a specific area if needed.

Cons

The re-subscription price is double the initial price

Excellent security that keeps all our clients secure

Pros

After configuring it doesn't need babysitting unlike many other malware protection products. As it's management is profile based, any exceptions needed can be applied to multiple organizations easily. It's initial watch only mode is great before rolling out to an enterprise - avoids most surprises.

Cons

Reporting from the management console is weak not allowing much customization. It's easy to get old installations still registered, which is a minor additional expense expense until you clear them up.

Easy deployment, minimal footprint, and excellent protection

Pros

Webroot is literally "fire and forget". I deployed Webroot to more than 100 endpoints by myself. The process was quick and easy, and now I do two things: enjoy not dealing with infected machines and renew my subscription each year. I do layer this with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but since I deployed Webroot in my environment I have a not had a single infected endpoint in the more than three years we've had the solution in place. As in zero. As in nada, zip, zilch.

Webroot Works!!

I received this product as a trial when I purchased my computer. At first I was only planning to use the trial and then try another software that I was familiar with. However during that trial I had no issues with viruses or my computer slowing down. I had a great experience with this software. It is affordable and reliable.

Pros

Did exactly what it was made to do. I had no issues with my computer. Made me stay past the trial phrase.

Cons

While using this software I honestly didn’t have anything I didn’t like about it.

Thanks so much for the review! I'm glad that you were convinced to switchover to Webroot during the trial period. If you ever have difficulties, please reach out to our support department: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Webroot has a fresh new way of looking at anti virus.

This product is every easy to deploy, administer and maintain.

Pros

Webroot is a very effective and fast reacting anti virus program that is light on resources and a breeze to install, configure and maintain.

Cons

Hi Daniel, Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection. We pride ourselves on making it as easy as possible to setup, deploy, and install. Glad that you feel the same way we do! Thanks again for the review and if there's something that you think we can do to improve, please let us know.

The best malware protection that doesn't annoy you to death

Pros

I absolutely love Webroot. It doesn't slow down any of our computers, it does protect you, but it doesn't annoy you to death with prompts. One of the big issues I've had with antivirus software in the past is that it would constantly block something that was safe for me to do. I have NEVER had Webroot do that.

Cons

I mean, could they branch out and start making other software products outside of security? Their software has worked so well, I don't have any complaints.

Webroot

My overall experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection has been a very positive one

Pros

What I like most about Webroot is that I can rest assure knowing that my computers as well as my documents are safe.

Cons

What i like least about Webroot is that there really is nothing that I really don't like about this software

I'm glad that Webroot is helping you feel safe while you're online! We will continue giving you the service you've come to know and love. Thanks so much for the review, Ronald!

Lightweight, feature packed endpoint protection

We moved from a different vendor to Webroot SecureAnywhere. The other solution was much more CPU intensive (in a virtualized enviroment this was noticable). Even with little tweaking, the performance of Webroot was at least similar, while the footprint is much smaller.

Pros

The software is easy to configure using a web interface. The software on the client takes up little resources. Compared to other vendors that need multiple servers to manage endpoints and do scanning offloading, this is much easier to operate - and the price is very friendly.

Cons

We had some issues with add-ons that got installed in browsers, which we do not want. We have other security solutions in place to scan internet traffic. We are working with Support to get these uninstalled, but it takes more time than we expected.

Webroot for Peace of Mind

Webroot works in the background to detect threats but you can also run scans if need be. As someone who has been hacked in the past it is good to know it works effectively.

Pros

Webroot works in the background to assure my computer is safe from threats so my business work is not compromised. You just install it and let it do it's job.

Cons

It can take some time to switch the license to another device when you upgrade your computer.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Antivirus security at an affordable price!

Scored from perfect to very good in our tests. Can recover files encrypted by ransomware. Uses tiny amount of disk space. Very fast scan. Handles unknown malware. Includes firewall.

Pros

One of the best antivirus that i have tried. It has a affordable price and cover multiple platforms, the price depends on the quantity of devices you want to protect. It protect yourself from identity theft and no time-consuming updates or slow scans.

Cons

Product does not provide for a bootable rescue CD. Sometimes you got errors of compatibility when you start the machines (Mac) but after open the software and check it will disappear.

Good Virus Protection Software

Pros

I like that this software was easy to install. It schedules your scans and runs in the background. You don't have any nagging popups telling you to run scans.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about this software is that sometimes when it blocks something that is trying to download on your computer, it asks you if you want to allow it or block it. I click block it and the window will still pop up a couple of times.

Webroot Review

Overall Webroot offers great protection at a low monthly price.

Pros

What I like about the Webroot software is it provides good protection at a low price. The software doesn't slow down my customer either.

Cons

I wish they would offer more features like VPN and identity protection. The cost is low because some features are not available.

We really appreciate the useful feedback you've left for us - thanks so much!

WEBROOTs Application as designed

Let me give you analogy, and hope you understand its parallel . In my house the home builder provided, where I can't find my bathroom. So I told to go to my "homeowner user forum" to ask how I find where my bathroom is. They then tell me, to go to my garage to get my ladder and place it against my house. Where next, I'm to climb the ladder to go onto my house roof-shingles and at the very top is the bathroom. Yes, I see it't there. However as I'm an expert in house design, I argue that the bathroom should have been near my bathroom, and not on the roof. This is the same analogy, when I'm using a computer application, because I know better! Now do you get it?

Pros

Don't call it as "software". It's an "Application." What I like about WebRoot, it seems to do what it says. However ...

Cons

To know what really takes place it's very confusing. And they admit to it, by having their user forums for other users to get answer from. I'm an expert in computer application design as I'm registered as a "Certified Computer Professional." Google what this means.

Excellent virus protection on desktops, servers and laptops and fast and immediate alerts.

Excellent virus protection on all computers and servers and immediate help from knowledgeable support

Pros

How quickly it detects and quarantines a potential threat, and how easy it is to deploy to endpoints and manage from the web console.

Cons

It can sometimes be a little too good on detecting potential threats and falsely detects some thing which can temporarily mess up programs, but it's better to be over protective, than under protective.

Solid anti-virus platform

We use webroot as an MSP.

Pros

This is an updated review. Previous i was very happy with Webroot, as it had very good detection rate, was very fast, reliable and easy to use.

Cons

What has changed: 1. no 2FA. 2. they removed the command line function which was very useful, and i can see why they did it, but never the less, it is gone. 3. Other functionality is also suffering.

Computer better protected for reasonable price

My computer is safe from hackers and viruses. I haven't had any issues since installing in on 10+ computers.

Pros

This program uses program uses different method/logic than other anti-virus software and so seems to catch more potential problems. It also is the FIRST I've ever had which doesn't seem to cripple the speed of my system - I notice no slowdown at all.

Cons

I'm not sure which setting does this and so I can't seem to undo it (other may like this): the recent files list for Office programs disappears every day, so it's harder to find files I've just worked on.

Webroot Endpoint Protection

Pros

Ease of Use!. By far the easiest endpoint solution for our needs! Setup was a breeze to roll out to our endusers! everyone was able to remotely install client by the click of a link and that is awesome!

Cons

Additional notifications from the console would be nice! not sure if i dont have this configured properly or if its a con at all!

Glad to hear the endpoint product has been meeting your expectations! If you ever run into any difficulties, please reach out to our business support team: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Must have for your business!

Having a reliable security system is critical in any business environment.

Pros

Cons

I don't really think that there is anything I don't like. The user interface is very easy to use and setup and renewal is easy as well.

Thank you so much for the review! Appreciate you taking the time to write this!

Perfect Online Security Solution

I have tried so many Security Suites and programs since early 1980's. This one is the best in my opinion.

Pros

Protects my systems! Works very well and does not use resources on the computer. Don't even know it is running most of the time. Also, the price is fantastic compare to most Security Suites.

Cons

Wish it has Spam Control but that is very elementary compared to what it does do!

Smooth software

Business grade protection, cloud control

Pros

I most like the simple and common interface, works on PC & Mac, with a single control panel, cloud hosted means escalation events are available to follow the helpdesk.

Cons

Previously we used a used another product, and both the user interface and server control were adequate, but pale in comparison - should have moved to Webroot sooner!

Great Tool

We signed up with Webroot through Atera and were pleasantly surprised at the ease of use and security of Webroot.

Pros

Webroot was easy to use and deployed easily across all our clients. We only had to open a single support ticket and it was resolved quickly by Webroot support. Highly recommended for MSPs looking to protect their clients.

Cons

Advanced deployment methods are available but we found that there was some incompatibility with InTune automated deployment. We never quite got it to work but manual installation takes just a few minutes.

Very lightweight footprint. Heavyweight when it comes to combating malware.

Pros

Does not hit performance on endpoints as much as other endpoint protection solutions. Much less bloated of a program than any other. Management from the admin console is fantastic once you learn where everything is.

Cons

The only con is when webroot is bundled with another solution E.g. Continuum, webroot is a bit more limited in it's abilities.

Easy to use, super light program!

I don't have to sit there and manage much any more it takes care of itself.

Pros

The fasts cans, I have Norton as well, and Webroot kills norton on speed, and also program size crushes norton!

Cons

uhhhhh, can't think of one. Maybe a better way to roll it out on a mass scale? Oh I have run into an issue using images, and webroot got confused on what machine was what. They need to fix that.

Up to Date Real Time Protection.

We use this on a number of our customers in conjunction with McAfee or Windows Defender for a layered approach to Malware protection.

Pros

Installs quickly. Small Footprint. No virus definiton updates. Portal that we can see all of our customers in one place.

Cons

No real Cons with this software. I guess if I had to say one thing it would be that it is an ongoing subscription.