Pirate Ship Reviews

Pros

I already work a full time job teaching an application tool to military personnel. I just too on two small business opportunities and I'm so excited to start these adventures on top of my regular job.

Kenna B.

The ease of figuring out cost of shipping packages by using the measuring mode and weight We love your company‼️ This is really a huge blessing to our mom and pop company.

Carolyn S.

It is amazing that PirateShip is free (unlike many subscription based shipping/mailing options out there) and doesn’t make you jumó through hoops to get the best rates on your postage.

Christopher I.

Cons

Priority packages are taking weeks to arrive and, when they do, it usually arrives damaged. It's too bad that Pirate Ship will be losing my business because of the lousy job the post office is doing.

Julieann L.

We have always lost money when it comes to shipping our products, not any more.

Brandi M.

The first time I did a refund and had a balance I was confused as to how that worked and where to check my balance. I have since figured it out, but it was not the most direct way.

Benjamin M.

Easy to use and saves money

Transcript

Alexandria H: My name is Alexandria and I am an owner of a retail women's consignment store, and I give...

Best Shipping Prices and Options

Transcript

Kevin H.: My name's Kevin. I'm the owner of a small retail business. We're in the pet industry, and I...

Cheap Shipping, Excellent Customer Service

Overall I had a great experience with Pirate Ship and their customer service is top notch!

Pros

I run several ecommerce websites and I needed a shipping software that would pull orders in from each place, and some marketplaces so that I could run an efficient shipping department. Pirate Ship did that for me. Unfortunately, there was some sort of server level firewall issue with one of my WordPress sites that started blocking the connection. The Pirate Ship customer service team was amazing! They...

Cons

The issue I had wasn't with the software but with my ISP. It was blocking the connection and kept dropping the feed of orders.

Best Shipping Software for Small Businesses

Overall, best bang for your buck! No monthly charges and you still qualify for commercial shipping rates.

Pros

For USPS shipments, this is by far the best software I've used for my small business. No monthly fees and I still get discounted shipping rates equal to other shipping software systems. Additionally, they offer Priority Cubic, a rate that the previous shipping softwares we used didn't offer. Easy to set up, easy to manage and easy to use.

Cons

The only downside is their API integration into some big platforms. They offer Ebay, Etsy and Woocommerce among others. However, they aren't setup to integrate with Amazon. Not a huge deal, more like a minor inconvenience as it requires you to cut and paste to do a single label. Again, not a deal breaker for businesses on multiple platforms unless your entire business is on Amazon.

The Best for Small Business

Amazing, it is so helpful for my business.

Pros

I cant't say enough great things about Pirate Ship! It is easy to navigate, organized, and the shipping prices are unmatched!

Cons

I don't have any cons for this product.

Print Shipping Labels at Commercial Rates

I had seen a lot of good reviews about Pirate Ship, so I decided to give them a try. I needed to print 12 labels for orders I needed to ship. Pirate Ship was extremely user friendly when I was entering the information for the label. I had an issue with one label and had to request to void it. I had no trouble doing so. When I was finished with the labels, I was able to easily print them out and print...

Pros

I can print one or many labels. There is no subscription fee. The interface is the most user friendly I have experienced. I can easily print a SCAN sheet to go with my labels for ease of shipping. I can see the status of my packages without having to look up each individual one on the USPS website.

Cons

Pirate Ship charged my debit card individually for each shipping label that I purchased. The one day I used it, I had 12 labels. This resulted in 12 individual charges to my card and caused my card to be locked due to a fraud alert being placed by the bank.

Ahoy Captain Crystal! I'm so sorry to hear you had trouble with your bank locking your card :( Just head to Settings / Payment Method and set a "Minimum Payment Amount" to load your account balance up, instead of paying as-you-go ;) If we can ever help out just let us know, we're always available on chat or email! ARRrrrr, Pirate Ship

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I absolutely love pirate ship and have recommended it to several of my friends who need to ship stuff.

Pros

Easy to navigate and ship products. I also love that I have the ability to track packages to see when they arrive to their destination.

Cons

I always seem to get tripped up on how to add a group of addresses to ship stuff to. I am sure this is user error though.

So Far GREAT GREAT GREAT

So far so good. I love it.

Pros

Same Discount pricing as the Pay For Shipping Companies with more features and no monthly service fee. Hidden Postage, scan sheets, Scheduling pick up. Transaction History with Balances, Top States you ship to, availability to add funds and have them auto add when low. Be sure to use this feature so you won't have a lot of little charges to your credit card. Great Customer support, very fast and...

Cons

I love all the features, nothing I like least

The best

Overall my experience is amazing with them. I will never use another company to make shipping labels though

Pros

Super easy to use, you can even copy and paste addresses and it will fill in the appropriate format

Cons

I have never had any single issue using this software. I have nothing bad to say about Pirateship.com

This IS the bottle of rum you're looking for!

Amazing experience. The staff reaches out and is very helpful. I muddled through trying to figure out other software and learned Pirate Ship's software in about 10 minutes. I love Pirate Ship!

Pros

Pirate Ship has made it super easy to do what I need to do in order to get packages out the door and to my customers in a timely manner. No more waiting in line. No difficult setup. No exorbitant fees to use the service. A great tool for small business people.

Cons

It doesn't have as many options as some other software, but it's ease of use makes up for it.

Amazeballs Service Provider

Easy to use and great pricing. I like the catchy advertising and branding.

Pros

The pricing on this software is pretty awesome. I gave this a try and was stoked that pricing was much cheaper than the postal service options that I was using for etsy.

Cons

As of right now I don't think their is nothing to not like about this service.

It Just Makes Sense!

Postal bliss!

Pros

Super simple and easy to use interface. No cruft. No shiny gimmicks.

Cons

I wish they had an address book feature. Everything else is wonderful. Etsy integration is seamless!

Pirate Ship is changing the game!!!

Was researching shipping label printers to buy, saw a review/how to video about PirateShip, went to the site to see if it really was free. Saw they had also recommended the label printer I was interested in. Once said printer arrived at my home and I set it up I went straight to PirateShip to give it a try. BECAUSE I had a feeling it would truly be the easiest way to test out the new printer and it was. It was so easy! I went from messing around to getting all my orders labeled in one sitting.

Pros

This is my THIRD time writing this review because Capterra keeps freezing at the end and then deleting everything I wrote. So if the fact that I'm writing this again because I think PirateShip is so great and deserve all the extra work, isn't proof enough of my love for them then I don't know that my words ever will be. What I like most, is the ease of use, the affordability, the export rate for international shipping, the customer support with their punny pirate quips and funny gifs. All of it!

Cons

Cons? No cons, there are no cons here. Unless you DON'T like fast, genuine and proactive customer support, in which case, let's be honest, your life is the real con here.

Great for small businesses

Pros

Pirate Ship was suggested to me because I was getting frustrated about shipping costs outside of paypal and PayPal has started to restrict your use of their labels unless the transaction went immediately through them. As an artist who sells merch, this was frustrating. Pirate Ship has comparable rates which is awesome, and their interface is much easier to use. PLUS, I found out they have microshipping for Global shipping, where they can activate much lower rates for your international order. To my knowledge, they're the only free shipping site who can do this.

Cons

My only con is that the global shipping perk is something I had to figure out from a friend and message them about as it's not set by default nor is it easy to find information on.

Very happy to have found PirateShip ; suits my shipping needs extremely well.

Etsy marketplace has changed their billing system to pay-as-you-go. I would rather prepay via Credit or Debit Card to earn rewards with my card. This was the impetus for finding PirateShip and it is suiting my needs very well on a daily basis.

Pros

- It's FREE! - You get the same great postal discount the marketplace sites are hyping as their 'exclusive user rate' without being tied to their site's billing protocol. - It IS, however, integrated with the big marketplaces, so you can import your orders directly from them to PirateShip to use PirateShip's labels. - You get a dashboard on your home page that shows all your purchased labels,...

Cons

- Slight learning curve in how to use the site. I fumbled my first label by allowing PirateShip to use the specs that came from the Marketplace and the weight was incorrect. Now, I am more observant and watch the weight before I print the label. - If you choose to import the customer data from Etsy, PirateShip will automatically send the tracking number back into the Etsy transaction so you don't have to. This is great - except when you make an error on the shipping label and need to cancel the label and buy a 2nd one; there is no way (at this time) to delete the incorrect label information from the 1st label. It might confuse the buyer on Etsy, and you may have to write an explanation to them if it does.

Make your other shipping portals walk the plank

Incredibly responsive support, always on live chat, and they manage expectations (we are back in 10-15 min, here are some limitations, heres the company roadmap). Really a fantastic company and set of guys, and I'm excited to see where they take this company. OR, in pirate speak, Ye mateys always be hoisting a flag when we bring the ship in for repairs, always have a pirate posted to scribe out answers when we leave our brains out at sea, and keep us happy when we are ready to make people walk ye old plank. Great set of plundering fools who deserve all the grog and mead and wenches available, and am excited to see where they cast anchor in the future with the shipping ship, as we would follow them across the seas to plunder where they go!

Pros

Ease of use, and savings. Hands down doing side by comparisons, there are significant savings. Also, being able to use the cubic priority function of USPS has been a breeze, and I don't have extra steps to confirm for "delivery." One recent shipment was ~$150 on another platform, and <$100 on PirateShip. SCAN forms for EOD are super easy to find and print, and have made my life a breeze. The individual tracking right now for packages really goes above and beyond what I have seen in the past, and really like the interface on a package level.

Cons

No real funcitonal complaints, and definetly nothing that would make me change. Just my $.02 from using it, and this is mostly because I'm lazy: - Push notifications when packages have been delivered in browser or through notification center (personal preference) - App for on the go tracking (personal preference, since I'm not always at the office) - Amazon integration, but I have reached out to the team, and it should be released soon. Again, I'm transferring things manually, but the time it takes to do it manual (just a few min) REALLY makes it worth it when I saw how much time I was saving.

The best

While it is either the least expensive or tied for least expensive, the ease of use makes it my first choice for printing postage.

Pros

Very easy to use. Plus: it has an auto-fill on address: you type in part of an address and it shows all the possibilities for the correct complete address. If one matches the one you're looking for, you can have it automatically fill in. This is particularly useful for the sometimes-confusing addresses in England or Japan.

Cons

No problems - no complaints; I can't say anything bad about it because I can't think of anything bad about it.

Outstanding product with the best customer service!

Pirate Ship has made bulk shipping, single shipping, and international shipping a breeze! Customer service through them is second to none, and I would highly recommend everyone to give them a chance!

Pros

First and foremost, I love the cost. Pirate Ship offers THE BEST prices around to ship, even compared to eBay and PayPal shipping costs when I ship through my store. The customer service is the best you can ever ask for. During the sign up and registration, they were there for me nonstop, every step of the way to make sure I had all of the help I needed!

Cons

There aren't many cons about this company, aside from sometimes the prices aren't cheaper, but only by a few cents to a dollar in difference.

I used to hate shipping labels now I love them, and save money while at it!

Ever since I started shipping with Pirate Ship I started saving money, by far, period. They have a variety of discounted rates not available through Ebay shipping labels. I can't believe how much money I literally threw away with Ebay labels. I have been using PS for about two years now and I remember only having an issue with an international label that for some reason didn't appear on my orders list,...

Pros

Easy of use like no other I have tried before it. It simply works, never crashes, always shows my orders as it should.

Cons

no support for FedEx, only USPS, which is fine as I mostly use USPS but it'll be nice not to have to use the overly chaotic FedEx website.

Perfect solution for small, home-based users

I've always shipped through USPS click-and-ship (simple at-home print, but $$$ and no FCM), or PayPal (lower rates, cumbersome interface), or ebay (low rates, good integration, but only for ebay). I was unwilling to pay monthly rates for occasional or low-volume FCM, most times I would just pay the higher Priority rate for the convenience of not waiting inline at the post office. Pirate Ship has me finding things to sell and ship, just because it's so easy. Thanks for your money saving "insider" tips, and simple yet comprehensive interface.

Pros

Setup and initial use was totally intuitive. The ebay integration was dead-simple (the only one I've used so far). I love the pass-through savings for FCM and priority with no per-month cost. And their videos/tips on how to save $$$ for novice shippers (I'm one), adds immediate value and lowers the bar for entry of new shippers.

Cons

A very minor feature request that only emerged after observing just how useful their "reports" tab is. Would be great to customize the reports dashboard to only display (or change the order/layout) of the data fields that are most important tot he individual user.

Ahoy Mate, this be the finest Ship in ye postal yard!

I absolutely adore Pirateship and what it offers. Everything is well thought-out, it has efficiently-producing features (intuitive import mapping, rubber stamps, per-label tracking, end-user notification), the business model makes it *FREE* for end-users to use. What's not to like? I'm so thankful this company/product exists!!! YAY! My parrot, Simon, agrees. (as he lifts his head high, and declares "I am a pirate... ARRRRRR!")

Pros

1 -- FUN!! I smile every time I sign in! 2 -- Saved profiles -- it remembers your frequently used profiles to make one-off shipping simple! 3 -- Shows all options to find the best rate, applying Media discounts, and estimating times! 4 -- IMPORT Mapping -- that works! Although it doesn't do well with multi-tabbed worksheets, it imports single-tabs great, with an integrated field-mapping interface...

Cons

- Would like to see support for multi-sheet excel workbooks. - Would love to be able to print my own JPG/PNG logo in the return-address section

Absolutely Love Pirate Ship!

Overall, Pirate Ship is the only shipping service I would use, despite the fact that they don't integrate with Mercari. In the past year and a half that I have been using Pirate Ship's shipping services, I have had no problems and have saved tons of money from their discounted prices. The convenience and ease of use has played a vital role in the ultimate success of my store. The pros outweigh the one con, and because its a free service, you can't beat it. I have been using Pirate Ship's discounted shipping labels for all my shipping needs, and don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

Pros

Pirate Ship is not only the most useful software I use for my business, it is also free to use which is a fantastic opportunity to experience professional shipping at no cost except for the cost of postage

Cons

I wish they would add more online marketplaces to their integration list. I ship more with Mercari than any other marketplace, and they are one that doesn't integrate with Pirate Ship so that is frustrating

The Magic Unicorn of Shipping

So many problems have been solved with Pirate Ship! Cost of shipping, ease of use, everything!

Pros

Using Pirate Ship (along with buying a thermal printer) is up there on my list of most life-changing events of 2020. I've been using the USPS website and my regular laserjet printer for years to ship to my website customers. The USPS website is tedious to use and only lets you ship Priority Mail, and since early in the pandemic I've been offering free shipping to customers, so those shipping costs...

Cons

So far I have found no cons! I will mention that after reading Pirate Ship's recommendations for thermal printers, I went ahead and purchased a Rollo printer, despite the fact that they do not recommend it. I was very limited in what thermal printer I could buy because I am using Ecoenclose 100% recyclable 4"x6" labels, and they only work with a few printers. I haven't had a single problem with the printer, labels, or using Pirate Ship to print them.

It Does It All With A Small Catch

I used Pirateship for a long time before switching for another company, and the only reason I switched was to get access to more carriers. I switched to Pirateship from Stamps.com and never missed anything they offered, so if your primary shipping carrier is USPS the discount rate and the ease of use make Pirateship a perfect app for you.

Pros

I love how well it works, how easy it is to make a label, and how quickly you can get going. You can go from nothing to shipping fast, and it supports standard label formats (like 4x6) so you don't have to play games.

Cons

It only supports USPS. In the COVID era, USPS is not the most reliable and not having other options is handicapping to me. Also Pirateship does not support first class letter postage.

Get aboard PIRATESHIP and save $$$

I am a relatively small ebay seller, but ever since another seller told me about Pirate Ship, I have done ALL of my shipping here. Integration with my ebay account was easy, and the labels even look better than when I used to print from ebay (no dotted lines to trim away and no annoying promotional message that ebay likes to tack on). I really appreciate the savings I get with the Cubic Rate Priority--- that alone is worth using it. Overall, a fun and easy site to use and savings are AWESOME!

Pros

I love the SAVINGS, especially with Cubic Rate Priority Mail, which has saved me about $2 on every shipment that qualifies. This is the only software that passes these awesome savings on to us -- woo hoo! I also love that the response time is super quick if I submit a question. Great customer service!

Cons

Only thing that could be better is automatically importing ebay's Global Shipping Program sales. I don't have a whole bunch of them, and there is an easy workaround by doing a manual label and just copying the address (GSP always goes to Kentucky).

No Reason To Look Any Further

I've used pirateship to ship everything for my businesses. I've used it in both businesses I've owned because it's the best program out there for shipping savings.

Pros

Super easy to set up. Super easy to use. Saves you TONS on shipping. Running a subscription box, I need to save as much as possible on one of my highest costs. Pirateship let's me do that without having to scale my business to 1000's if packages. I cant understate how fast, efficient, and helpful their customer service is. Top 5 out of any company I've ever dealt with in my life, easily.

Cons

I cant think of a single feature that is lacking. The service handles single shipments, group shipments, everything. Its all easy. They even support multiple label sizes and print formats now. They're only getting better too!

Best and least expensive shipping label service that I have found

I love Pirate Ship and recommend it to anyone shipping media especially internationally. They have the cheapest rates and it is very easy to create a label and add insurance, tracking, etc. You can even check tracking from their website. Though I had to email customer service about implementing simple export rate, it was VERY quick and easy. I've only contacted customer service twice but each time they have been very prompt and the explanation clear and concise. The only things they could add that I would love more would be Bandcamp and Amazon integration. I love that they work with Discogs and eBay

Pros

What drew me were the prices and the enticing simple export rate. International and media mail (the majority of my shipments) are often cheaper than if I went in to the US post office and waited in line. I love that it's integrated with some websites that I frequently sell through as well. If I have multiple packages to different addresses but have the same package details I can create several at once.