RegFox Logo

Free online event registration software for event organizers

RegFox Reviews

Suggested alternatives

cvent-event-management
swoogo
bizzabo

Again, a wonderful program overall with easy setup and configuration with wonderful product support. Support Team: I cannot say enough about how incredible product support is with this platform.
User-friendly with a nice aesthetic touch. Super easy to use and customizable to really make it feel like an MLB experience.
The forms are nice, the software is easy to use, the support is great and an affordable price for the product and service offered.
Needless to say, I contracted RegFox after a lot of research and was still scared to death.
The payment options for deposits are a little limited at this time.

FO

Fiona O.

Executive Assistant

Education Management, 11-50 employees

RegFox the Best Customer Service Team

Transcript

Fiona O.: Hi, my name is Fiona, I'm an executive assistant at the University of Chicago, and I give RegFox...

Jacob Ira A.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Best value for the money... seriously.

Pros

I run an in-person event every year. Other companies have come around trying to make us switch to their platform. That's great and all, but then when I put the costs and fees in a spreadsheet, RegFox beats them every time.

Cons

The registration forms aren't very flashy.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great solution for small business

Pros

It has been a great registration solution for our small business it handles all of the payments and details and tracks it every year.

Cons

Nothing really, except our level we have been using is being phased out and we will no longer be able to afford to use it as a solution for us.

RP

Robert P.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great Potential but Misses the Mark

RegFox has been a valuable resource in our event management, at a lower price than many of its competitors.

Pros

Lots of options and functionality for creating eye-catching registration landing pages and managing registrants, both for in-person and virtual events. There's even conditional logic! They thought about almost everything, and they keep adding functionality.

Cons

Their greatest strength (lots of functionality and creative options, including for virtual events) is also their greatest weakness. in their zeal for adding new functionality comes the "Jack of all trades, master of none" scenario. They do a lot of things, but they do very few of them very well. I'm often finding gaps, glaring omissions, or just plain buggy behavior in what they provide. Their API...

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

It’s for more than just meeting registrations!

Pros

I had used RegFox in the past for meeting/event registrations and loved it’s ease of use. When I changed jobs and they were looking for a way to register students online for courses that used to happen in person pre-Covid I know this would be the solution. It is so easy to use and you can use it for so many different things. I was able to easily adapt it for our needs. I built a page with our courses and available slots and could even set passwords to stagger signups by specific groups. This has save our organization a ton of hours and money. Post-Covid we are still using it because everyone loves it so much!

Cons

Pages lengths are limited and you don’t know it until you try and save it. I spent a ton of time building our page only to find out it was too long and could save it. It should have a character/space countdown to show you.p what you have remaining on a page.

Katie L.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Event Management Software

Robust, scalable event management software that is good for marketers and event planners. Has the event-specific functionality you want to manage large and small events.

Pros

RegFox allows you to manage event of all sizes, from dozens to thousands (and we've done both!). The registration process is intuitive, with features that capture the nuances of event sales, such as one person paying for multiple registrants, and the ability to sell tickets at various price points. The check-in and nametag printing features make management at the event easy. The analytics help you understand which registration pages and campaigns are converting well.

Cons

I wish it had more robust analytics and ways to aggregate across multiple events. I wanted to get a picture of our overall sales, and I had to export data from each event individually in order to so. Richer Zapier integration would be helpful as well.

Hello Katie. Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you've been enjoying RegFox. I have good news... we've recently updated the overall dashboard, so you should be able to see all of the sales data you're looking for in one place now. Thanks again, and all the best with your events!

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Love RegFox

Tried everything else . . . finally found RegFox! It's the best product for our nonprofit learning center's registration needs. The customer support is wonderful too!

Pros

RegFox does almost everything we need it to, at a price dramatically lower than its competitors and with a beautiful, intuitive interface that's great for our administrators and our customers.

Cons

I wish I could set up automatic payment plans and partial billing.

Amazing Platform

This platform was previously used for smaller events but they knocked it out of the park for our event with well over 500 attendees.

Pros

I used this software for a large scale expo with my company and everything went amazing. The software is so easy to use and the staff is beyond helpful and supportive. I would partner with them any time, any day.

Cons

Nothing. I loved everything about this platform. New upgrades are happening regularly which make the product better and better.

Staci D.

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Switched From Eventbrite to RegFox

RegFox has been a great switch for us and I love the way we can make attractive events with less fees to registrants. They continue to add new features and are very easy to reach for support.

Pros

We made the switch from Eventbrite because the fees were smaller (only $1 per registrant). RegFox is easy to learn and I have found the customer service to be amazing. One thing I like is that you can customize your event page more than with Eventbrite (i.e. banner images, etc.)

Cons

I have had to dig a bit to find some of the fields that seemed more intuitive with RegFox. For example, events are called pages.

Mindy L.

Used other for 1-2 years

Absolutely LOVE Regfox! Solved every problem I had w/ setting up events, collecting $$ and contracts

Save time, money, less worry and super easy for my clients to use and submit.

Pros

I am a photographer and use regfox for my mini session sign ups, one stop shop for both my clients and I. Customer support is top notch. The software is so easy to navigate and set up. So many different options gives the software incredible adaptability for any event. Great options for sharing on social media. Reports are exactly what you want and need. Fees are super competitive, no other software gives you so much for this price and they deposit it right into your account for you. Regfox is a no brainer.

Justin H.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

WebConnex has made life easy for our organization through RegFox

Outstanding. In previous events, we heard so many complaints about the registration process until we finally discovered RegFox.

Pros

We love how many custom options can be included in the registration process. We used brownpapertickets.com previously and were very limited on adding any additional details to the ticket price. This product is robust enough to take on a complex event with multiple offerings.

Cons

The initial setup took a little while to learn. I had to play around with it for quite some time to ensure it was fully functional.

SM

Scott M.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Cliff Drysdale Tennis on Regfox

We have been using the regfox software for roughly 14 months now and the Webconnex team have been exceptional in every aspect..... The Webconnex team are always pushing the boundaries to improve the software based on the most important feature the customer. I not only recommend Webconnex to my colleagues in the industry but make a point to refer then as they have changed our whole online registration process resulting in a huge growth in our online revenue and as a tennis club/camp operator that allows us to spend more time on the court while still taking care of our customers 24/7.

Pros

1.The access to the webconnex team 2. The simplicity and exceptional functionality of the software 3.The flexibility to customize the registrations to our needs 4.First class look and professional templates 5.It is very reliable.... this is a big point of contention with software that is out there as alot of similar products are unreliable and do not have the support staff when problems arise and that hurts your reputation and not theirs. 6. the new social media share 7.Most of all the continuos upgrades to the software making it better each and every day and the teams willingness to listen to their customers on areas of improvement.

Cons

I would like folders on the new platform like the old one to assist with organization. I know this feature is coming but would be nice to have today.

DA

Don A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Very pleased after our first major convention completed

We have a membership of about 11,000 of which 400-700 attend out annual convention each year. We are now using RegFox for smaller local events as well.

Pros

We have a very complex convention format. The software is very flexible and easy to adapt to our need, plus the logic capabilities are very good. At very low cost, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] set up our first draft of the registration form and we were good to go after that. Couple this with the overall low cost of the software (we are paying less for credit card fees and software, less than we used to pay for credit card fees alone).

Cons

Nothing comes to mind

JH

Jake H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great System- Will Continue to Use

We had been trying to find a system that was easy for our event attendees to use while also not forcing us to track down payments, and RegFox helps us accomplish exactly what we need. Some of the tools take a bit of getting used to, but the customer support has helped us overcome our hurdles. We really like the automatic payment charge feature, which allows us to get a deposit initially and charges...

Pros

Automatic payment charging Ease of use for attendees Customer service is knowledgable and helpful

Cons

Price high, but comparable to other programs

LW

Lori W.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

CBL Review

It is a fairly easy & concise program and easy to navigate.

Pros

I really like the chat feature. It has been very helpful for me!

Cons

At times, I have trouble finding solutions to problems that I am experiencing within the system, however, like I had mentioned, the chat is ALWAYS available for me to ask my questions and they have been very very helpful and timely in their responses!

ML

Miranda L.

CUSTOMER SERVICE EXTRAORDINAIRE

GREAT SERVICE, GREAT SUPPORT, GREAT SOFTWARE!

Pros

Customer Service Analyst "DAVE" helped me out of pinch and went 1 million miles over what was expected to retrieve data that I inadvertently removed. He and his DEV team saved me HOURS of manual work.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software

ML

Michael L.

Events Services, self-employed

Wish I Could Give 10 Stars

Easy set up, works without any hiccups. Great product!

Pros

First off - their customer service is incredible! one of the customer rep is awesome and really helped us out of a bind with our event. I've used RegFox for several clients and events and it's been a winner every time. Their fees are more than reasonable, everything works perfectly, and overall it's an awesome product.

Cons

Their primary in-house payment Gateway is WePay. We signed up and started collecting funds for our event, and WePay came back after several tickets were sold and said they were going to have to hold a large amount of funds. This wouldn't work for our event, so we talked to her and she let us know there is another option used for cases like ours. I wish this was advertised as we could have saved ourselves a few days of headaches.... but she got things taken care of immediately and made sure everything was fixed as we needed it to be.

DA

Dee Anna C.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Love RegFox

Conference Registrations.

Pros

RegFox provides affordable options for online registrations! I do wish there were a few options that I could customize, but the RegFox team has been amazing at assisting me with work arounds and solutions. Great and fast customer service! I will be a long-time client!

Cons

Static fields... Billing. I would like to set up my own fields. Using actions to hide items is helpful, but I would like to customize to meet educational ways...

TD

Tim D.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

So glad I found RegFox!

I was asked by Eric to give my thoughts on RegFox vs. RegOnline (our previous online registration solution)... RegOnline vs. RegFox... First off the interface is light years ahead of RegOnline... it's much cleaner and definitely more intuitive! The RegFox logic module is awesome! It's easily understandable by the average person, like me! : ) The price is the big clincher!!!! What we are getting in...

Pros

Totally great support! Eric Knopf has been giving us unbelievable support on the project since day one! He blew me away when he actually contacted me on a weekend during his time off to answer questions before we even started using the product. I figured with support like that and and an awesome product like RegFox, we couldn't go wrong! It has been an awesome experience! Also, Katie Runyan and John Gillis were also very, very helpful in our support!

Cons

Nothing! : )

PH

Pam H.

Finally Found the Perfect Registration Application!

I have been doing event registration for 10 years and have used many different applications out there and, by far, RegFox is the best I've used yet! (And I won't be looking any further!) It is incredibly user-friendly on both the back and front ends. In the past month I've had over 60 forms submitted with not one complaint from a customer! The conditional logic works like a charm. The appearance and...

NB

Nicki B.

Used other for 1-2 years

Used RegFox as a pre-registration site for a national hydroplane race

We were able to collect all the information needed to prepare race entry blanks in advance - which saves a lot of time at check-in/registration. The reports allowed us to know at a glance how many racers we had in each class.

Pros

Very easy to use and customize. Let me customize so that we were able to collect all the information we needed about each racer. The reports are easy to use and so easy to customize.

Cons

Support is via e-mail initially. If issue is complicated they will give you a phone number. I would prefer phone call initially.

MC

Maegan C.

A great product

Good and no complaints at this time.

Pros

I love that I can clone previous forms and don't always have to start from scratch.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at this time.

PF

Perry F.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

RegFox Review

The signup was easy and I learned the tool quickly, but when I introduce others on my team to the tool there is often a learning curve. Otherwise, it does almost everything I need it to and produces good looking customer-facing pages.

Pros

RegFox allows you to create custom campaigns for events hosted by our organization, and handles everything from email invites to sign up (we collect everything we need up front!) to payment and withdrawls, and post sign-up communications. This all in one tool makes this process easy!

Cons

No integrations with the tools we use most. Would be nice to have this connect (more easily) to our CRM and not require development effort. The exports allow us to execute a workaround that makes this a viable option to use.

DF

David F.

1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Simple and Powerful Event Landing Page Builder

Try it and see what I mean. It has worked well for three of my clients so far.

Pros

RegFox has become a go to for me and several clients and for good reason. This landing page builder is an event registration platform that seamlessly manages the website and backend for events and event registration. The designs are simple yet professional and visually pleasing. The functionality is top notch and it is easy to design and publish with no coding required. This is a great event registration platform with mobile responsiveness and paperless ticketing.

Cons

Not so much a con but worth mentioning. The platform is a Service offered by the payment processor, webconnex. You are basically forced to use their payment system or pay a high per sale charge. Their payments system is pretty decent.

JB

Jeff B.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Anca feedback

Pros

Easy to use, chat line help accessable. Payment portal was a major factor.

Cons

Somewhat difficult to set up changes in future pricing

RS

Richard S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Excellent system for a very reasonable price with OUTSTANDING customer support

Outstanding, particularly the support, including weekends. Very responsive and knowledgable.

Pros

Powerful, simple to use, does exactly what we need it to do. Excellent support.

Cons

Meets all our requirements. Maybe a little more formatting flexibility.