Venmo Reviews

Pros

I love how quick and easy it is to use, I love that it has profile pictures to help users know they are sending to the correct person. The scan feature is also really helpful.

JB

Julianne B.

I like how easy it is to use not only among friends but any other vendors who have the software or app. I am always happy when a vendor uses Venmo because I know it's going to be an easy transaction.

AS

Aracely S.

Makes for easy transfers in or out of my bank account and customer service is AMAZING. Customer Service is also available through chat, and I LOVE that.

KK

Karen K.

Cons

There is a potential of 'abuse' in that the transactions are irreversible. Also, the default setting is 'public.

VL

Vaidas L.

If you are really desperate for the money immediately, then you have to pay a small percentage.

DT

Derek T.

I understand from security reasons, but it is annoying. Apparently it is possible now, but has been a pain to figure out.

5,494

Structural Engineer

Civil Engineering, 10,001+ employees

Venmo for Business

Transcript

John D.: Hi, hi there. My name is John, I'm the CEO of a fitness and wellness program and company, and...

Venmo, Trusted brand

Transcript

Justin R.: Hey, I'm Justin. I'm a pastor. I give Venmo a five star rating. For more reviews like this,...

Venmo is a great consumer product with limited use for business

Venmo's incredible ease of use makes it essential for interacting with other people with whom I might loan or pay money for simple things. For vendors, it's a solid way to get access to credit card payments with okay fees.

Pros

Venmo is dead simple to use, with the QR code scan and effortless options to ask for payments or send them. The number of people who signed up for Venmo also helps - most younger folks are on it.

Cons

The social aspect of the software is a bit odd in that I'm not in the least bit interested in what my friends are paying one another for. When people get funny, I suppose it could be entertaining but too much of the feed is people paying each other for rent, groceries and other mundane stuff. Additionally, this present a business challenge where you need to be cautious about posting your purchases if it's a private purchase for your business.

Money sharing App that has revolutionized payments for personal and business use alike

We enjoy being able to provide another way of payments. Most of our clients pay over the phone and not on-site so it provides them a way to send money without being present at our office. I am able to send and receive money to employees for gas reimbursements without writing a check or having cash on hand.

Pros

I love the ease of use of this product. I am able to send and receive payments for my business with the simple click of a few buttons. I can also transfer funds to my bank and link my bank to make payments when my balance within the app isn't high enough for what I need to send. It is great for tip splitting between employees and has saved many issues with petty cash.

Cons

My least favorite thing is the lag between the transfer of funds to my bank. You can pay a small fee to get it instantly but I usually just wait for the free transfer. It is always a timely turnaround.

Middle of the Road

Well, given whatI've written above not a good time at all.

Pros

The user base is pervasive. Too many customers had Venmo, and not PayPal (but not both like me). No problems with the interface.

Cons

Main problem being the company's communications regarding my dispute of a via Venmo purchase: >>Your account is on hold. There wasn't enough money in your bank account for some payments you made, so Venmo covered the amount for you. You won't be able to pay people or transfer money to your bank account until you pay Venmo back. Pay Venmo back Amount you still owe $35.00<<o recourse to dispute...

Venmo: anyone anywhere

I work with a lot of subcontractors, and I can't say how many times I am asked "Can you just Venmo me---?" At first I thought it was like "kleenex" and the name was just being used universally, I have since learned that people were asking specifically for Venmo.

Pros

Setting up and using immediately was a desirable feature. Being able to invoice vendors and pay personal no matter where I was or what time it was, is a convenience. The film industry doesn't have regular hours and people like to be paid when their work is done. Venmo makes that happen without having to wait. So far I have had no issue with paying vendors through Venmo. I can always look back for records of transaction

Cons

Big one! My tax accountant recently told me that Venmo receipts were not the best records for the IRS. I think the IRS just hasn't caught up yet or they don't like electronic receipts. Trying to help someone over the phone set it up has proven difficult in the past, but I believe that was human error

A great tool with multiple payment method options!

My overall experience has been mostly positive. I am glad that the platform is so user-friendly and that many people seem to be using it as well, making it easy to pay people anytime. I am also glad that it is usually easy to find someone with the search tool to make sure I am paying the right person, and that you can add them as a friend so you can keep their information handy for future transactions.

Pros

Venmo is extremely easy to use! I love the ability to send money to anyone I owe right on the spot and their money can either be sent to their bank account or used right away.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Venmo is that you can't choose your spending limit. They set it to $3000 and then if you verify your identity it can only be raised to about $6000. I would much rather have freedom on how much I can spend, or at least have some form of being able to give myself or another person the ability to withdraw as much as I'd like for a transaction, because it is MY money.

Secure, Affordable, Convenient!

I switched to venmo from PayPal because of its ease-of-use and the fact that the majority of my clients use it instead PayPal. I did have several issues with PayPal and changing my personal information and accessing my account so I shut that down completely and now use venmo exclusively. I have been using it for over 2 years and I plan to keep doing so.

Pros

I like that it is available as an app and that the payments can be transferred immediately to my bank account for a very nominal fee.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with this software. The only thing I would like to see, which is strictly a matter of taste, is that more emojis or payment subject pictures were available to post on the transaction details.

Wonderful Option For Payment Processing

Venmo has been a great payment tool to use for processing and accepting payments from my clients in the USA. The money is mostly available immediately, and the fact I can request money on the spot is useful for me as a photographer when I’m on the go. I just wish that it was available in more countries because I like to travel for my work, and often have to accept payments in other countries as well, and I find myself switching to another app for that time.

Pros

I love that the money is available almost immediately instead of having to wait ages for it to become available.

Cons

I wish that it was available for use in more than just the United States because sometimes I travel for my job and need to accept payment in another country too. I find myself switching to PayPal in that instance.

Outstanding payment collection and money transfer tool

My overall experience with Venmo is extremely positive. It has quickly become a preferred tool as compared to the competition.

Pros

Venmo makes it very easy to transfer money between individuals. The "request" feature streamlines the opportunity to request balances owed. Furthermore, the visual aspects of the process reduces errors.

Cons

The transaction fee is slightly disappointing. But, it is expected due to the credit card processing.

One of the best mobile-payment systems

Pros

Venmo is one of the best mobile payment systems. Sending and receiving money is easy, and Venmo can be used on some sites and apps that also allow PayPal.

Cons

I don't like the default privacy settings, where your payment history is shared publicly. I also don't like how I can't pay people via a website.

Venmo is great to use for sending quick cash

We use it to share money for lunch orders. Also to help employees if they need cash while on the road.

Pros

Ease of use and speed to receive money. If we are trying to order food or send gas money it is really easy.

Cons

No protection if you use it to pay someone for something

Venmo personal review

My overall experience has been fair. Venmo's appearance is really good and makes me feel good being there. There are so many options that l used myself to make it more flexible for my business to send out and receive money. There are problems with scammers and detecting them. In the end its a good website.

Pros

Quick, convenient payments which makes it amazing in the times l really need to send out money under pressure. Free to send money from a bank account or debit card which is amazing because in my country we cant send money internationally so using venmo to make my payments international has made my experiences much more flexible. Low fee for credit card payments which is rare to find because everyone...

Cons

Payments are public by default and this makes me feel a little uncomfortable knowing people know about financial part of my business. This will probably make it easy for internet crimes to happen. Can't cancel payments which is fastrating because i do make mistakes when l am entering infomationa and l look aheadcand l cant go back. This is making me give out unnecssary payments not meant for those people. Popular with scammers and this is making it harder to detect who is real to work with and whos not. This makes the website a bit difficult to work on with those type of people.

Venmo - 1 CashApp - none

My experience with Venmo was and is exceptional. I haven’t had even one bad thing happen with this app and it’s very reassuring to know your in good hands when doing transactions! Nobody wants to have to worry about where there money is and it’s safe to say that Venmo keeps your money and information secure and protected!

Pros

I loooooove Venmo! My favorite thing is that it’s safe because it’s completely controlled by you and only you! They also have tons of new features like a debit card. Plus they have customer service reps ready to help you with whatever, whenever! So you can send and receive money any time from anybody that has a Venmo account. Why is that special? Because it’s painless and timeless! This is my #1 app for transactions because it gets them done in no time. If your anything like me, I’m always on the go between kids, there sports, and work this app just really speeds things up when I need it most!

Cons

I think the only downside of Venmo for me is that my transactions are public so anybody that has a Venmo account can see them. It’s not bad per se but it’s not something I love.

Perfect for accepting payments as a small business and band

We use Venmo to accept many forms of payment for shows and merchandise sales and I could not be happier with our results in doing so. We can now accept more in payment from fans and friends where in the past it was dependant upon whether they had cash in hand or not. I cannot say enough good things about Venmo in regard to is making the lives of small businesses and bands easier in the current time.

Pros

Makes taking payment for anything (t-shirts, vinyls, tickets) incredibly easy as the user pool is so vast that nearly anyone you come into contact with will have this app on their smartphone. It makes our lives as musicians increasingly easy as the world becomes more digital and has increased our revenue ten fold. We no longer have to swipe any cards or accept cash only as shows now that we use venmo as our primary point of sale.

Cons

SOmetimes the scanning of other profiles does not work as intended. This feature working properly is incredibly useful and when it works properly it takes out the guessing in payment forwarding which is very nice.

Amazing Payment Solution for Many Applications

Venmo has always been a great experience and very intuitive...even for people who aren't technologically inclined. Everyone we have used it with or introduced it to has continued to use it afterwards with great results. We plan on using it for even more as it allows in the future. It's much easier and quicker than PayPal which seems to have been the standard until now.

Pros

Venmo is an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer money between people in a company for expenses and more as well as accept payments for merchandise (with the new business account options) and even pay people for their services. Since multiple people can be logged on, it allows 4 of us to operate financially when necessary without a delay. You can easily write what each payment is for and download monthly statements to keep accurate records of all of your transactions. Even better, most people have it and use it now so compatibility is rarely an issue. It makes everything we do faster and our customers even more pleased as they can pay for merchandise, tickets, or even simply donate at the click of a button!

Cons

The only tough thing about Venmo that rarely arises is if someone doesn't use it. In that case, we need to have a paypal or cash option ready but that's not an actual problem with the application itself. It would be great if they could add annual statements to their download option in addition to the monthly statements. Annual statements would save some time during tax season!

Very efficient and popular

Since integrating Venmo as an additional payment option that my clients can utilize to pay their invoices, my collections have gone down, the average age on debt was cut in half and my business has actually increased because the level of trust clients have in me increased as they saw me as more of a partner than a vendor. All around, my business has benefited greatly .

Pros

the first thing is that it is very simple to register, add an account and implement. the second pro is the fact that so many people are using Venmo. I thought it would be a challenge to implement as a business tool to collect payments from clients but I was very wrong. In fact, the majority of the clients I approached with this option were already registered.

Cons

the 2 biggest challenges to overcome were the security concerns people have about providing payment and account information online and chance of it being hacked. Having done the research on the product, those concerns were quickly alleviated and Venmo actually provided me with collateral to give my clients who had such concerns. the second challenge was overcoming the "Social Media" aspect. Venmo obviously...

Venmo is a MUST HAVE

I know VENMO is owned by PayPal, but VENMO is so much better in the day to day of collecting and sending money. My kids have it, making is super easy for me to "pay them back" or for them to get paid by a neighbor for babysitting or helping out in some way. Also great for "collecting" from people for a teachers gift. Some cons: the default option is "public." Sort of like face book or Instagram, the...

Pros

Super easy to transfer funds to anyone. Literally takes less than 30 seconds to request or send money. No more "not collecting" from friends for "their share" of the night out, you just send a "request". Very easy to send a tip or pay a babysitter.

Cons

You can't tie your VENMO to a savings account. Must have a cell number, google voice doesn't count. Can be hard to search for people. Setting default is "public" meaning others can see who you have sent money to and what you wrote in the comments. You must write something in the comments or put an emoji for each transaction even if you don't want to.

Perfect for person-to-person, not the best for businesses

I use venmo for personal use outside of the business very regularly. I choose not to use it for my business for the reasons I listed in my cons.

Pros

This is probably the easiest and most user friendly money transferring app that I have used. Venmo charges the user a very small percentage to do an instant transfer and there are no fees to do a transfer that takes 1-3 business days. If you are out for drinks and decide to put the bill on one person's card, you can easily send them money to cover your portion and they'll have it before the check even comes. If you need your money transferred to your bank immediately, you can have it within less than 3 minutes. Another pro is that nearly everyone has it on their phones these days and that keeps things simple.

Cons

It does keep track of your payments, received and sent; however, I feel that the use of venmo in a business is highly unprofessional and it can be a negative to the recipient. If a business owner or worker receives money for goods or services, they are charged a fee. While this fee percentage is very small, if you charge more than $100.00 for whatever your business provides, you're charged a fee and that adds up. For example, I sent money for $1,400.00 and received a very nasty email from the recipient saying that they were charged $14.00 just to pull the money. This is only with instant transfer, as I said, but it is something to be remembered for business owners.

Text Your Friend's Money

Overall Venmo is one of the most useful apps I currently have downloaded. Having a way to transfer money from my debit card with an app is extremely convenient. Not only that but having a Venmo Card that doesn't even need me to transfer money to the bank is amazing. Most of the people I know with a smartphone also already own Venmo so after a meal or going to the movies, transferring money using Venmo is as simple as texting your friend's money.

Pros

Venmo has helped me in a countless amount of situations when dealing with money transactions. Its simplicity and ease of use allow for people who aren't as tech-savvy to transfer money without having to take a trip to the bank to go through a complicated process of transaction that could result in scams. I also think that the feature of people seeing your Venmo transactions is a cute addition to the...

Cons

Venmo has many great features and not much to improve upon. One thing to note, however, is that when transferring money from your Venmo account to your bank account, a 1% fee will be deducted when transferring INSTANTLY. But honestly, this feature does not bother me at all plus there is the option to transfer it to your bank in a couple of days with 0 fees. Although not necessary I do think they could...

So easy and many friends, family and colleagues use this!

Love venmo! Literally use it with all my friends, family, colleagues, and businesses that accept payment via venmo. I rarely find someone who doesn't have this. It seems to be continously growing and asked of when coordinating payment of something. Highly recommend this software!

Pros

Takes a few simple steps to set up and start your account/link to your bank. So many people use this app that i rarely find someone who doesn't have it. Makes going out and splitting the bill with friends so much easier - to paying your babysitter, hairdresser, or the person who grabbed coffee for you, and so much more in a matter of seconds. People can also charge you or you can charge others when they owe you to help remind them and stay organized. Besides using the app, they push notifications to you every time someone pays or charges you, as well as when you make payment to someone. They will even send you an email to help stay on top of things.

Cons

Only down side to this working in fundraising and as someone who makes philanthropic donations, many people want to donate through venmo but the platform isn't currently set up for this capability. I believe they are in a pilot mode for this capability but doesn't feel like they are moving fast enough on it and once it does go live, will it be easy to implement? Larger organizations have trouble with this, while i see smaller, less complex organizations being able to implement well. Huge potential though for this software!

Venmo has to be the best

Pros

Venmo is great! I downloaded the mobile app almost 2 years ago when I first heard about it and now I use it daily. This past summer I ran a local auto detailing business and many of my customers asked me if I took Venmo as a paying option, and sure enough, I did! This made things so helpful as each payment was instant and on the spot. Another great feature of the app is how user-friendly it is and easy to follow. Personally, I would recommend Venmo to anyone, whether it is for business, personal use, or friends.

Cons

I do prefer Venmo as my money exchange app of choice, but it is not perfect in my opinion. I think that a portion of the "friend" features could be improved to avoid any privacy issues. Some of the capabilities that Venmo allows you to do can allow people to view all your transactions and friends. People and their money can be a careful subject so safety and privacy should be Venmo's concern.

A great way to divide costs, reimburse individuals and get paid!

Venmo has allowed me to quickly and easily pay and receive funds. It's a useful tool to have among other payment options, and I find it useful to just let some money accrue in Venmo from payments so I can easily pay others, without having to transfer from my bank account. Venmo has saved me time, fees from transferring and complexity in issuing some payments.

Pros

It's an easy way to directly send money to someone. With a few clicks you can send money to a contact or likewise, easily receive money. You can indicate what the payment is for, and the money accumulates in your Venmo account. You can easily transfer it to your bank account, as well. It's a great way to pay on the go, in a simple way, without having to enter or know your payee's bank account information, address or anything else!

Cons

You can only pay someone who has a Venmo account, so this is a small restriction that might not make it the default option for everyone. It's also quite informal, so it might not be the best way to receive or send money to clients or professional contacts.

Venmo customer review

My overall experience with Venmo has been amazing. Now that I am so familiar with this app I can have my customers pay me that way with no extra charges or hidden fees - which in return have boosted my sales in my business. I have also recently had to deal with customer service due to charges on my Venmo card that were not me, and customer service was so amazing to work with. They figured out the problem, and had my money back in just a few days. Loved dealing with such helpful people who truly cared about my problem.

Pros

I love Venmo for many reasons, but one of my favorites is that they offer a debit card to use for your Venmo account. It is so nice being able to use money I have in my Venmo out at a store, on top of shopping online. The reload feature makes it even easier to use my card out at stores even if I dont have enough in my actual Venmo account it will then take from my bank account, but the fact that I can turn relaods off at any time I want makes this app perfection for me!

Cons

I honestly dont have any complaints at all about this software at this time - BEFORE I got my Venmo debit card my only complaint was that some stores online dont offer paying with Venmo, but now that i have the card the stores that dont specifically list "Venmo" as a payment method I just put my card number in. So, easy fix.

A better alternative to Paypal!

I use Venmo all an opportunity to pay loved ones. It's particularly valuable for parting bills. I additionally use Venmo for merchandise and ventures like with my stylist and back rub specialist! It's so quick and simple to send cash by means of the application. You don't have to get your wallet. out.

Pros

This is presumably the least demanding and most easy to use cash moving application that I have utilized. Venmo charges the client a tiny rate to do a moment move and there are no expenses to do an exchange that takes 1-3 business days. On the off chance that you are out for beverages and choose to put the bill on one individual's card, you can undoubtedly send them cash to cover your part and they'll have it before the check even comes. On the off chance that you need your cash moved to your bank promptly, you can include it inside under 3 minutes. Another ace is that almost everybody has it on their telephones nowadays and that keeps things basic.

Cons

There truly aren't numerous cons with Venmo. I would say one worry that clients might need to investigate is that on the off chance that they utilize a Mastercard rather than bank data as their essential wellspring of cash, the application will charge additional expenses. This is a minor grumbling, however I've known a couple of clients who had been unconscious of this and were paying an expense for every exchange.

Top Notch!

Venmo has made not having cash on hand very convenient. Whether it's collecting funds for a teacher gift or paying someone back for lunch at the office, it's quick, easy, convenient, safe and it's nice that you can keep a Venmo balance or transfer the money directly into your linked bank account.

Pros

This app makes it easy to make payments, reimbursements and other monetary transactions. It's safe, secure and user friendly platform makes this app my go to. It was easily linked with bank accounts, the ability to make the transaction public or private and add "friends" was a great tool.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that sometimes it'll ask the last 4 digits of the persons phone number that you are sending it to. While this is a great feature to assure it's going to the correct person, we don't always know the person's phone number that it's linked to, although it does give an option to bypass this step.

Fast. Safe. Confident - guaranteed.

Being a non-profit organization, Border Town Betties Pinup Social Club was - just like many other similar organizations - hit hardly by covid restrictions and cancellation. Naturally, we've transferred most of our activities and events online. Those of course included raffles, online auctions, donations and also funds from our charity sales. Venmo helped us successfully provide our supporters a convenient,...

Pros

I like how easy Venmo is to operate and use, how much the developers put into users' sensitive data safety, fraud protection and guaranteed timely and prompt transactions. It's easy to use and fairly priced, perfect for a small business in our trying times.

Cons

I would like to see a credit line or other similar products available from Venmo. I would also like to have an opportunity of shared savings account and other banking products from this company.