Venmo Reviews

User ratings

4.8

8.6K
  • Likelihood to recommend9.14/10

See full reviews by rating

Makes for easy transfers in or out of my bank account and customer service is AMAZING. Customer Service is also available through chat, and I LOVE that.
I love Venmo and would recommend it to anyone who needs an easy way to send or request money. I have found it to be more user friendly than PayPal and other similar products.
The app is super easy to navigate and also is great for paying friends, because there is no fees like with paypal. The app is super inexpensive and an even be completely free if used a certain way.
It is still hard to find our business even with the exact handle and there is no way to retract a payment if sent to wrong person. That's a little nerve racking if a client gets our @name wrong.
I understand from security reasons, but it is annoying. Apparently it is possible now, but has been a pain to figure out.
There is a potential of 'abuse' in that the transactions are irreversible. Also, the default setting is 'public.

Venmo users...

PayPal Zettle

Square Point of Sale-logocaret
+ 13

Square Point of Sale

How would you rate Venmo?

8,660 reviews

CharRon S.

Owner

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Venmo is king

Transcript

Charron S.: Hi, my name's Charron, I'm an owner. And I give Venmo five out of five. If you want more...

Venmo for Business

Transcript

John D.: Hi, hi there. My name is John, I'm the CEO of a fitness and wellness program and company, and...

Venmo me

Venmo has become part of my life. A great way to get paid for services and transfer money between friends

Pros

You know a company/ software is doing something right when they become a verb. I don't say "transfer me money electronically" I say venmo me. I think that says it all

Cons

Having to pay for a quick transfer, but I can live with it.

Easiest way to send money!

Overall I have had a great experience with Venmo. This was one of the only apps who accepted and linked to my prepaid bank card. Most softwares would require you to have a bank account to send and receive money. Venmo is super easy and accessible. They have saved me so many times where I had an emergency and needed to have my mom send me $ ASAP. I still use this app weekly to this day!

Pros

I use this app to pay my rent and to send money to friends and family. There is a really cool feature that allows me to decide if I need my money right now for a small fee or in 3-5 business days for no fee. I have never came across an issue to where the instant transfer did not go through. I can't tell you how important it is to get your money ASAP when you have an emergency and Venmo always came through for me! It's so easy to manage I was able to teach my mom over the phone how to manage the software.

Cons

Recently the fee's for this app have gone up. I don't like that they are basing it off how much you are sending/receiving. It should be the same fee overall. Increasing the fee just makes me want to use the free money transfer apps such as Zelle. Also instead of rewarding users for sending money and using the app, they have a limit. For example if I send $ more than 5 times a week they start adding an additional fee.

I wouldn't recommend venmo ,this is why.

Awful customer service and excessive fees

Pros

Accepts credit card payments sends payments keeps up with transactions

Cons

Processing times and long holds on money.

Venmo....naw im good thanks

I wouldn't say it has been totally bad because i am grateful to have been able to use the services at one point but overtime with more options available and changesin their policies infeel there are better alternatives available.

Pros

I liked the fact that initially it was a good replacement for cash app.

Cons

Their security systems are all over the place. I cant even begin on the loopholes they have in validating your account..customer service is atrocious.

What's not to Like?

I mostly use this software when traveling with friends and family. It keeps the history of transactions which I often forget if I don't have it written down. This software helps me keep track of who I have paid and what.

Pros

This software allows me to send and receive money instantly without the need or carrying around cash and other alternatives.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the public settings. I prefer to keep my transactions private and often take off the public mode, but at times forget to make the switch.

My wife and I use this all the time

Pros

As a professional cosmetologist, my wife runs her own business. Venmo is one of the apps that she and I can use to have the customer easily and securely pay for the services. The ability to get a report for tax purposes makes it super convenient.

Cons

I would like to see a more up to date version with more options. Layout is too basic.

Venmo for personal and business use

Overall, it's fantastic!

Pros

I love that money can be easily transferred in the app, and between the venmo credit card, debit card, and standard account.

Cons

The social features are kind of unnecessary and strange. Users can control the privacy settings, but it's defaulted to be public and I dont see the point other than encouraging a standard of too much personal transparency in this digital age. I also found it frustrating that Venmo could not issue me a statement on their letterhead of transactions between me and a particular person. I needed a certified document for court proceedings, and all I could get was my monthly statements which had too much irrelevant and personal information that I didn't want or need to share, or a CSV that was not admissible in court.

Team Venmo or Team Paypal

Overall, it is a great alternative to PayPal, it's easy to use and a lot of people have it, so it makes moving funds easy and also holding all the transactions, I do hope overall in the future that do keep the modern feel towards the app.

Pros

So, it's a pretty simple app as it basically mirrors its big brother PayPal, the functions are easier in a sense, and the layout is more modern compared to its competition. Up to date I never had issues accepting tournament entries and paying out prize support through Venmo as that is all I use it for.

Cons

At times the app seems clunky with information and most of the problems came from early access and not knowing how to navigate properly the software, but it is definitely easier now but do recommend some type of video to show how it properly works.

Venmo is the future!

Many customers ask if I take Venmo. Now I can say "yes."

Pros

It was easy to install. Easy to use. Safe and secure. The thing I like most about it is the business profile feature so people can see my business when then pay with Venmo.

Cons

Sometimes you have to reset before the "transfer to bank" button appears.

Accept Payments from clients with Venmo

I collect payment from clients who don't want to pay with a credit card.

Pros

I appreciate being able to offer my clients an alternate payment option, namely, venmo

Cons

I dislike the lack of options for the phone app -- your business and personal venmo have some of the same basic settings. I wish this could be customized.

Venmo is For the new aged business person.

Overall my experience like I said has been good with venmo I like it that it's versatile it's mobile everything is pretty much self-explanatory you know now there's Bitcoin you can buy I like it that I can use it for my business I can use it for personal I can use it anyway that I need to to fit the particular situation that I'm dealing with that's a great option I don't like that to cash a check you...

Pros

The features that I like most about them always is mostly that it's a very mobile and very versatile service that I can offer not only to my clients but that I use myself I not only use this in my business but I use it personally as well and it just makes it so much easier for me to be able to do all my banking or payments in one spot I can cash a check I can get a direct deposit I can take payments I can send money all of this while I'm still moving around and doing everything that I can for my business it's a great program a great payment option and a great way to be able to look at what you're doing financially while you're on the go.

Cons

I guess the feature that I least liked is that they use Ingo for their check cashing services and I have had issues as well as other people that I know with Ingo because they will shut you out of their system and not really give you a reason and getting through to customer service and getting it sorted is almost impossible and very time-consuming and in my field that's something I do not have time...

Venmo for business is a must

I think Venmo is a great option for businesses to accept payments. It has trust, security, and financial stability, so I don’t have to worry about mine or my customers information being stolen or my money being lost. I like that I am able to use across everything I need, from mobile payments to pos. It is so easy to use and I can track all of my sales and history easily.

Pros

I like the many payment options, the ease of use, and the trust I have for the company.

Cons

There are some features that should be more customizable, and the fees could be a bit more competitive.

Venmo Review

I love that it is really simple to use from offering the expense of a dinner to a companion to paying for products bought from a companion or merchant. No expenses, not all that much or obscure.

Pros

Speedy, helpful installments Allowed to send cash from a financial balance or charge card Low charge for Mastercard installments Can pay for buys at select organizations Offers a check card and a Mastercard Adds a social component to sending and getting cash

Cons

At present, Venmo is just accessible in the United States. Along these lines, don't anticipate utilizing it on any of your impending worldwide voyages. It depends on an informal community of known companions and individuals in close geographic nearness to convey advanced installments. What's another impediment you really want to know about with the application? It's just accessible for individual...

Why your business needs Venmo!

I love using Venmo and prefer it to any other payment method - its just so darn easy to use! I love it and you will too!

Pros

With Venmo your business never has to sacrifice an order for payment issues! Venmo remains a top competitor in the payment processing market because of its versatility, ease of use, reliability, support and recognition - if you don’t have Venmo these days people start wondering what rock you’ve been hiding under! Venmo’s user analytics and usability are top of the line and will make the payment of every sale the easiest part of the process!

Cons

I have nothing bad to report, the app is practically flawless for the purpose it serves! If there’s anything to perhaps improve upon initially it would be the inclusion of crypto currency as crypto will continue to rise in popularity around the world.

Easy way to send and receive money

Venmo does not charge recurring fees, such as monthly or yearly fees, like other payment services. When sending money from a bank account, debit card, or your Venmo balance, there are no fees charged. Payment apps charge a 3 percent fee for credit card transactions, which is typical throughout the industry. There are also no fees associated with receiving money or transferring it to your bank account,...

Pros

It is quick and simple to use. Finally, but certainly not least, it has a large user base, which means that many of your connections may already be using it. Venmo's success may be attributed in large part to its simplicity of use. There is very little of a learning curve. You may download it and begin sending and receiving money within minutes of installing it. Using Venmo to divide costs is also a breeze since it provides an on-screen calculator when you transfer or request money from someone. You may also send or request the same amount from several people at the same time if you're sharing a bill with a group of people.

Cons

Once you've made a payment via Venmo, there is no way to reverse it. The money is sent promptly to the intended recipient. If you need a payment to be refunded, Venmo advises that you contact the receiver and request the money back. Other than that, you may request that Venmo's customer service reverse the payment on your behalf; however, they can only do so if the receiver accepts, if their account is in good shape, and if they still have the cash in the bank.

Venmo personal review

My overall experience has been fair. Venmo's appearance is really good and makes me feel good being there. There are so many options that l used myself to make it more flexible for my business to send out and receive money. There are problems with scammers and detecting them. In the end its a good website.

Pros

Quick, convenient payments which makes it amazing in the times l really need to send out money under pressure. Free to send money from a bank account or debit card which is amazing because in my country we cant send money internationally so using venmo to make my payments international has made my experiences much more flexible. Low fee for credit card payments which is rare to find because everyone...

Cons

Payments are public by default and this makes me feel a little uncomfortable knowing people know about financial part of my business. This will probably make it easy for internet crimes to happen. Can't cancel payments which is fastrating because i do make mistakes when l am entering infomationa and l look aheadcand l cant go back. This is making me give out unnecssary payments not meant for those people. Popular with scammers and this is making it harder to detect who is real to work with and whos not. This makes the website a bit difficult to work on with those type of people.

Venmo is a great consumer product with limited use for business

Venmo's incredible ease of use makes it essential for interacting with other people with whom I might loan or pay money for simple things. For vendors, it's a solid way to get access to credit card payments with okay fees.

Pros

Venmo is dead simple to use, with the QR code scan and effortless options to ask for payments or send them. The number of people who signed up for Venmo also helps - most younger folks are on it.

Cons

The social aspect of the software is a bit odd in that I'm not in the least bit interested in what my friends are paying one another for. When people get funny, I suppose it could be entertaining but too much of the feed is people paying each other for rent, groceries and other mundane stuff. Additionally, this present a business challenge where you need to be cautious about posting your purchases if it's a private purchase for your business.

Venmo - 1 CashApp - none

My experience with Venmo was and is exceptional. I haven’t had even one bad thing happen with this app and it’s very reassuring to know your in good hands when doing transactions! Nobody wants to have to worry about where there money is and it’s safe to say that Venmo keeps your money and information secure and protected!

Pros

I loooooove Venmo! My favorite thing is that it’s safe because it’s completely controlled by you and only you! They also have tons of new features like a debit card. Plus they have customer service reps ready to help you with whatever, whenever! So you can send and receive money any time from anybody that has a Venmo account. Why is that special? Because it’s painless and timeless! This is my #1 app for transactions because it gets them done in no time. If your anything like me, I’m always on the go between kids, there sports, and work this app just really speeds things up when I need it most!

Cons

I think the only downside of Venmo for me is that my transactions are public so anybody that has a Venmo account can see them. It’s not bad per se but it’s not something I love.

Perfect for accepting payments as a small business and band

We use Venmo to accept many forms of payment for shows and merchandise sales and I could not be happier with our results in doing so. We can now accept more in payment from fans and friends where in the past it was dependant upon whether they had cash in hand or not. I cannot say enough good things about Venmo in regard to is making the lives of small businesses and bands easier in the current time.

Pros

Makes taking payment for anything (t-shirts, vinyls, tickets) incredibly easy as the user pool is so vast that nearly anyone you come into contact with will have this app on their smartphone. It makes our lives as musicians increasingly easy as the world becomes more digital and has increased our revenue ten fold. We no longer have to swipe any cards or accept cash only as shows now that we use venmo as our primary point of sale.

Cons

SOmetimes the scanning of other profiles does not work as intended. This feature working properly is incredibly useful and when it works properly it takes out the guessing in payment forwarding which is very nice.

Amazing Payment Solution for Many Applications

Venmo has always been a great experience and very intuitive...even for people who aren't technologically inclined. Everyone we have used it with or introduced it to has continued to use it afterwards with great results. We plan on using it for even more as it allows in the future. It's much easier and quicker than PayPal which seems to have been the standard until now.

Pros

Venmo is an incredibly easy and fast way to transfer money between people in a company for expenses and more as well as accept payments for merchandise (with the new business account options) and even pay people for their services. Since multiple people can be logged on, it allows 4 of us to operate financially when necessary without a delay. You can easily write what each payment is for and download monthly statements to keep accurate records of all of your transactions. Even better, most people have it and use it now so compatibility is rarely an issue. It makes everything we do faster and our customers even more pleased as they can pay for merchandise, tickets, or even simply donate at the click of a button!

Cons

The only tough thing about Venmo that rarely arises is if someone doesn't use it. In that case, we need to have a paypal or cash option ready but that's not an actual problem with the application itself. It would be great if they could add annual statements to their download option in addition to the monthly statements. Annual statements would save some time during tax season!

Very efficient and popular

Since integrating Venmo as an additional payment option that my clients can utilize to pay their invoices, my collections have gone down, the average age on debt was cut in half and my business has actually increased because the level of trust clients have in me increased as they saw me as more of a partner than a vendor. All around, my business has benefited greatly .

Pros

the first thing is that it is very simple to register, add an account and implement. the second pro is the fact that so many people are using Venmo. I thought it would be a challenge to implement as a business tool to collect payments from clients but I was very wrong. In fact, the majority of the clients I approached with this option were already registered.

Cons

the 2 biggest challenges to overcome were the security concerns people have about providing payment and account information online and chance of it being hacked. Having done the research on the product, those concerns were quickly alleviated and Venmo actually provided me with collateral to give my clients who had such concerns. the second challenge was overcoming the "Social Media" aspect. Venmo obviously...

Venmo is a MUST HAVE

I know VENMO is owned by PayPal, but VENMO is so much better in the day to day of collecting and sending money. My kids have it, making is super easy for me to "pay them back" or for them to get paid by a neighbor for babysitting or helping out in some way. Also great for "collecting" from people for a teachers gift. Some cons: the default option is "public." Sort of like face book or Instagram, the...

Pros

Super easy to transfer funds to anyone. Literally takes less than 30 seconds to request or send money. No more "not collecting" from friends for "their share" of the night out, you just send a "request". Very easy to send a tip or pay a babysitter.

Cons

You can't tie your VENMO to a savings account. Must have a cell number, google voice doesn't count. Can be hard to search for people. Setting default is "public" meaning others can see who you have sent money to and what you wrote in the comments. You must write something in the comments or put an emoji for each transaction even if you don't want to.

Perfect for person-to-person, not the best for businesses

I use venmo for personal use outside of the business very regularly. I choose not to use it for my business for the reasons I listed in my cons.

Pros

This is probably the easiest and most user friendly money transferring app that I have used. Venmo charges the user a very small percentage to do an instant transfer and there are no fees to do a transfer that takes 1-3 business days. If you are out for drinks and decide to put the bill on one person's card, you can easily send them money to cover your portion and they'll have it before the check even comes. If you need your money transferred to your bank immediately, you can have it within less than 3 minutes. Another pro is that nearly everyone has it on their phones these days and that keeps things simple.

Cons

It does keep track of your payments, received and sent; however, I feel that the use of venmo in a business is highly unprofessional and it can be a negative to the recipient. If a business owner or worker receives money for goods or services, they are charged a fee. While this fee percentage is very small, if you charge more than $100.00 for whatever your business provides, you're charged a fee and that adds up. For example, I sent money for $1,400.00 and received a very nasty email from the recipient saying that they were charged $14.00 just to pull the money. This is only with instant transfer, as I said, but it is something to be remembered for business owners.

Text Your Friend's Money

Overall Venmo is one of the most useful apps I currently have downloaded. Having a way to transfer money from my debit card with an app is extremely convenient. Not only that but having a Venmo Card that doesn't even need me to transfer money to the bank is amazing. Most of the people I know with a smartphone also already own Venmo so after a meal or going to the movies, transferring money using Venmo is as simple as texting your friend's money.

Pros

Venmo has helped me in a countless amount of situations when dealing with money transactions. Its simplicity and ease of use allow for people who aren't as tech-savvy to transfer money without having to take a trip to the bank to go through a complicated process of transaction that could result in scams. I also think that the feature of people seeing your Venmo transactions is a cute addition to the...

Cons

Venmo has many great features and not much to improve upon. One thing to note, however, is that when transferring money from your Venmo account to your bank account, a 1% fee will be deducted when transferring INSTANTLY. But honestly, this feature does not bother me at all plus there is the option to transfer it to your bank in a couple of days with 0 fees. Although not necessary I do think they could...

So easy and many friends, family and colleagues use this!

Love venmo! Literally use it with all my friends, family, colleagues, and businesses that accept payment via venmo. I rarely find someone who doesn't have this. It seems to be continously growing and asked of when coordinating payment of something. Highly recommend this software!

Pros

Takes a few simple steps to set up and start your account/link to your bank. So many people use this app that i rarely find someone who doesn't have it. Makes going out and splitting the bill with friends so much easier - to paying your babysitter, hairdresser, or the person who grabbed coffee for you, and so much more in a matter of seconds. People can also charge you or you can charge others when they owe you to help remind them and stay organized. Besides using the app, they push notifications to you every time someone pays or charges you, as well as when you make payment to someone. They will even send you an email to help stay on top of things.

Cons

Only down side to this working in fundraising and as someone who makes philanthropic donations, many people want to donate through venmo but the platform isn't currently set up for this capability. I believe they are in a pilot mode for this capability but doesn't feel like they are moving fast enough on it and once it does go live, will it be easy to implement? Larger organizations have trouble with this, while i see smaller, less complex organizations being able to implement well. Huge potential though for this software!