Webnode Logo

Professional website builder for small businesses

Webnode Reviews

Suggested alternatives

elementor
webador
storyblok

It is easy to use even if you are a beginner. I had fun creating my webshop with this product but it is also a good solution for people who want to start writing a blog.
It has a very fast and easy to use interface, a great advantage is that it allows you to have your website in different languages. Its templates are quite modern and is economical.
I was unable to swith the language of my webshop which was a big disadvantage from my side.
Email GUI: Search functions are lousy: email address search requires literal coincidence. No content search available (or at least we could not make it run).
It is difficult to maintain the consistency of the website when it has many pages. The elements that make up a page have few customization options.

DK

Donna K.

Museums and Institutions, self-employed

Website-building Review of Webnode in the Czech Republic

Absolutely excellent and priceless in so many ways. I am working toward a $25M fund-raising project to establish a nationwide museum in the U.S.A. Webnode is providing the knowledge for me to learn how to build a website. That means Webnode is also giving me the opportunity to put my vision into an affordable website to provide the idea, contents of museum artifacts, and process of fund-raising to the general public for this project. For the most part, the email customer support has been excellent!

Pros

1) The Knowledgebase is a gift of a master's degree in itself -- just excellent --everything in order to teach oneself. 2) But having said that, I still needed a live-person individual to help at times, & the email support system provides that excellent personal service. The usual 24-hour time to receive an answer is terrific. 3) The templates are extremely professional. 4) Webnode's provision...

Cons

Something to be improved? Yes, highlighting text & changing it to a different color never works on the 1st or sometimes 2nd or even additional tries. I've had to be extremely patient in dealing with that (100s of repetitive series of 2-3 mouse clicks to try various colors for the text). Also, I can't highlight more than one word/sentence/connected script at a time to change the color/font/bolding/etc.,...

Dear Donna, thank you for your review and I am really happy that you like our editor. Regarding the cons that you mentioned, please contact us via https://www.webnode.com/contact/. We will do our best to find a solution for you. Thank you. Michaela Webnode team

AD

Alexi Darian N.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Great platform for beginners

Overall, is easy to use and very helpful

Pros

Whit no knowledge in web development, with Webnode I've been able to build my own website for to promote my own company. I use a free version of Webnode and I pretty like it. The feauture that helped me the most is the Form one. I was verry surprised when one day I got an email from Webnode that someone applied through my form. It is very easy to use for creators, as for the clients.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to be more easy is to unpublish the site.

Dear Alexi, thank you very much for the review. I am glad that you are satisfied with us. It is very important to us. I admit that it could be easier to unpublish the website, however, we created the manuals below that will help you: https://www.webnode.info/search-engine-optimization-seo/how-to-hide-a-website-from-search-engines https://www.webnode.info/how-to-edit-your-website/how-to-hide-pages-in-the-menu Feel free to contact our customer care if you need help. Have a nice day. Michaela Webnode team

JJ

Joshua J.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Works Okay.

Pros

Emails, Domain Registry and Webste management

Cons

Finding customiablity is way to difficult and it makes for a hard time.

Dear Joshua, thank you for your review. I am glad that you like the website management and other features. If you need help with the editor, please contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you. https://www.webnode.com/contact-customer-support/ Looking forward to your reply:) Have a nice day. Michaela Webnode Team

EV

Efthymios V.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Exciting Software

The experience I was lucky enough to have with Webnode was probably the most defining of my life. It literally changed my life as a conceptual photographer and it allowed me to be able to communicate my work internationally to millions of people. As the innovative projects we designed & developed had photography and its applications as a vital artery, we witnessed amazing quality on Webnode platforms. The image quality, colors & sharpness were breathtaking! But that was not all. The ease of editing and above all the amazing reliability of Webnode's mechanisms, made us design and build exclusively with Webnode, wonderful, excellent & beautiful websites. Every time we work with Webnode, we feel the same excitement as we did many years ago when we built our first amazing website!

Pros

Cons

...that disabled the sound feature on the videos... This was a great disappointment, as the Sound is a magical effect...

ZZ

Zairil Z.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Beautiful Results - Fast and Easy to Setup for Beginners

Very good. Honestly, I am happy with Webnode and always look forward to using it. I asked for a special discount on one of my Webnode websites (during the pandemic) and I got an offer from the customer service which I took, which I appreciate. I hope Webnode will continue this quality of customer service and continuously improve the product. Perhaps if there is any other suggestion, it would be wonderful if there are some sort of newsletter or feature updates emailed to current customers. I would love to see that Webnode team think of ways to improve the current already ok product. I know Webnode has a facebook page but I also know it isn't that active. So, some kind of updates or new features notifications to existing customers will be wonderful.

Pros

It is easy to use and compare to others, this one is rather intuitive. Above all, I can check the final results on my webpage appearance immediately. I can change and improve in real time until I like what I see. For readers, the availability of the latest information for them to read (in a clean and easy way) are much appreciated. For me, I look forward all the time to add new features and information on my site.

Cons

Font choices. I wish there are more choices of fonts I can choose. Apart from fonts, videos that can be included in the website must be from YouTube. Which means, even a small short video must be uploaded to YouTube first. Although I appreciate uploading videos to the limited 'quota' is probably not the best idea, sometimes a small video file is not worth uploading to YouTube first too.

SB

Stephen B.

Civic & Social Organization, self-employed

Making an impressive presence on the web with Webnode

Image is all important in business, and I am happy with the way I can present my services through a website created with Webnode. I am very impressed with the Customer Service which is always prompt, courteous and helpful. Such a change from some other organisations where one has to present the solution rather than ask for help!

Pros

Compared with similar software, Webnode offers the most intuitive website creation and content management system currently available. It is essential that customers and visitors are provided with easy-to-use navigation so they can find what they are looking for, quickly. Websites on Webnode also look good. The design templates look modern and stylish in a digital world where style and design can become out-of-date overnight.

Cons

I would like to be able to move a block of frames from one page to another, rather than having to move each frame (of text or an image) singly. I wonder whether it would be possible to incorporate an image-editing facility such as cropping, adjusting contrast, etc.? I find it difficult to manage the separate og-ins and password access to emails, and setting up email forewarding.

Dear Stephen, thank you for your review and I am really happy that you like our editor. Regarding the cons that you mentioned, please contact us via https://www.webnode.com/contact/. We will do our best to assist you. Thank you. Michaela Webnode team

AW

Antony W.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Great Website Builder

A very positive experience with webnode. I especially liked the customer service. I had many problems to begin with, primarily due to my inexperience in designing a webpage. No question seemed stupid and responses were quick and helpful, and even since the webpage has been running for a couple of years, and I have a minor issue, the replays are still timely and professional.

Pros

Easy to use, having tried some other webpage builders before finding webnode. Very user friendly. I had zero experience in designing a webpage. I first did the page for the charity organisation I'm a part of. Subsequently I designed a business page for a friend and they were very happy with the end result

Cons

There is very little I find negative about this site. Occasionally when changing text it is difficult to find a font easily, and when uploading photos they don't seem to maintain the size of the original but these are minor issues.

Dear Antony, thank you for your review and I am really happy that you like our editor. Regarding the cons that you mentioned, please contact us via https://www.webnode.com/contact/. We will do our best to advise you. Thank you. Michaela Webnode team

JP

Johanna P.

Simply love Webnode

My experience with Webnode is great. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Pros

There are a lot of template options and it is the easiest to use software on the market. Business was a little slow before covid and it almost came to a stand still during covid so I am very grateful that I am privileged to use Webnode for free.

Cons

transferring data from my computer to the site. The fonts and setting change and it has to be redone, but that is only a small issue. My website got blocked because of some unknown glitch and I am not informed it has been blocked. I discover this the next time I try to get into it, then I find on the web my site has been blocked for the owner to contact Webnode. This is embarrassing because it gives the public the perception I have done something inappropiate.

Dear Johanna, I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the website. If it still persists, kindly contact us https://www.webnode.co.uk/contact-customer-support/ and we will do our best to help you. Webnode team

MF

Muhammad F.

Research, 11-50 employees

Feedback

It's been more than 10 years using Webnode, and I think it's quite important tool in our life now.

Pros

Easy to use Interactive UI Smooth editing

Cons

Limited features and add-ins options Calendar is not available Forms limits Text color options are not available for forms fields

Harmanpreet K.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Awesome platform to build website.

Best tool for technical and not technical users to create a good looking website.

Pros

Webnode provides awesome platform to create and maintain websites. It allow users to build a nice looking site, even if they have no technical experience. It also provides hosting service on their server. It provides lot of website templates and tools that allow user to add wide range of functionalities on his website. It supports more than 20 languages. It is very easy to create and edit website. Webnode team is always available for help and support.

Cons

Some features that we can add on our website is not customizable. We cannot add additional features to our website that is not supported by webnode like newsletter tool etc. Webnode don't offer SSL but i think they are working on it.

JA

Jan A.

Media Production, self-employed

A quick return to search my previous website

i have got support in a very nice manner every time I look for help

Pros

I have succeeded to organize the pages into stories about my message

Cons

May be it is a bit complicated, I think it took a lot of time to orgranize text and picture, together on a page to delete parts of content in an easy way

Dear Jan, thank you for your review. At the beginning, it may seem difficult, but I can ensure you that you will get use to our editor quickly. Feel free to visit our knowledge base where you can find a lot of useful information:https://www.webnode.info/ We also have some video tutorials here: https://www.webnode.info/video-tutorials Also, if you need any help, do not hesitate to contact us: https://www.webnode.co.uk/contact-customer-support/ Have a nice day. Webnode team

RB

Richard B.

Music, 1-10 employees

Good enough, but not great

Good enough for me to keep using it with the website I already have, not good enough to use it for a new website from the ground up.

Pros

Intuitive, relatively inexpensive and quite customisable. Many templates and stock images.

Cons

Absolutely no mobile support, poor publishing options, limited forms and non-editable fonts.

Dear Richard, thank you for your review. We actually have solutions for fonts and also mobile editing options are available. Please contact us via https://www.webnode.com/contact/ and provide us also with more information regarding the publishing and forms inquiry. We will be more than happy to help you. Have a nice day. Michaela Webnode team

MF

Maggie F.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Webnode Review : Medium Satisfaction

Overall my experience with webnode has left me with medium satisfaction. We just renewed our second year but we discussed possibly switching because as a very small business we do not want to have to pay more for variants and sizes. Also would love the ability to add shipping cost to each item rather than having to create my own key through the cost by weight option.. although I see that could be helpful to many it kind of worked against what I was trying to do. As of the rest of the site and user friendliness it is easy to use.

Pros

I like that it is simple to use and the editing keys are mostly easy to find.

Cons

I do not like that I must pay more for things like sizes and variants.

BT

Brian T.

Music, self-employed

Easy, Inexpensive Way To Get Your Own Website Fast!

It's one of the easiest and quickest ways to get a website for any budget!

Pros

It's very simple and straightforward to use. Doesn't take long to get your site up and running. Very convenient with the purchase of your domain included.

Cons

It could use the capabilities of resizing photos on the page without it affecting all the text on the page. Should be as simple as to place the photo where you want it and the text will move around the image.

PA

Pat A.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Alexander Child Care

I had a lot of fun building my website. I liked the features, most were new to me and I like learning new things or using new things. I have told other providers about Webnote so they could build a web site. A website for our child cares is important because parents can view the site, read information regarding our services, and if they like what they see they contact us.

Pros

Setting up my website was easy and efficient, and it allows me to edit anytime I want to or udate. Since this is shows my child care I want it to look professional.

Cons

This was my first time doing something on webnote and I really liked it. I am not sure what would be my least thing not to like.

Dear Pat, I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with our website builder and that you enjoy creating the site. You may find helpful our knowledgebase: https://www.webnode.info/ where you can find not only tips and hints but also video tutorials and topics about SEO: https://www.webnode.info/search-engine-optimization-seo/seo-basics-and-search-engines-increase-visits Thank you and do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help. Michaela Webnode team

KC

Kelsey C.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Wix Alternative of 2023

Creating and designing websites at ease.Website content management.

Pros

Webnode allocates a wide array of free CSS templates that makes it rapid to create landing pages and websites.

Cons

Even though Webnode lack domain registration for tons of TLDs it offers option for pointing via nameservers.

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy that you are satisfied. If there is anything you would need, please contact us via support@webnode.com Michaela Webnode team

MV

Marios V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Webnode Review

Neutral experience , and disappointment from the email interface that is not friendly and most important it does not offer a mobile version. Paid websites still need to have more space available

Pros

ease of use even for persons that are not so familiar with technology

Cons

the email interface is not friendly and most important it does not offer a mobile version. Paid websites still need to have more space available

BS

Briana S.

Photography, self-employed

Easy to use and professional looking.

I am able to get more business through webnode due to a certain demographic not having social media

Pros

The ease of use is astounding. Anyone could use this software and have a professional, polished websight.

Cons

When I email an incoming client back they don't seem to get my email???

Dear Briana, I am happy to hear that you are satisfied with our editor. Regarding the email issue that you mentioned, please contact us via https://www.webnode.com/contact-customer-support/ and we will resolve it. Have a nice day. Michaela Webnode team

AB

Ashok B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

One of the easiest and amazing tool for website building.

Pros

The best part about using this software is we can setup our website easily with multiple language availability. It provides amazing SEO support. Also, they have great customer support which responds very quickly.

Cons

Currently, I'm not facing any issues while using this software. There support team covers all the minor bugs in the upcoming updates.

LS

Lisa S.

Non Techie Likes This Product

Very pleased with the support and any issues I've had in the process. You are quick to respond with helpful answers.

Pros

My husband, the IT Guru of the family, selected your software for my website and showed me how easy it was to construct my pages.

Cons

Just not being sure about all the things that went into making what I wanted.

SS

Susan S.

I love Webnode

Great! The customer service is top tier! They always respond fast and are very friendly.

Pros

I love being able to customize the templates as well as add things in to create my own style.

Cons

N/A , nothing I can think of now. Everything is easy to learn through knowledgebase.

JA

Julia A.

Music, self-employed

Great Website Builder

Very good. I receive several calls from potential clients from my website.

Pros

Webnode makes building a website simple and easy, and the result is very professional looking. There are many templates to choose from, ranging in many colors and styles and font choices. It is very customizable. You can add pictures, text boxes, and Contact Me buttons anywhere you'd like. The website allows customers to email me directly through a form submission field, which is great.

Cons

Once you pick a template, you cannot change your choice.

ME

Marina E.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Review by poro garage

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to manage! Supprot team is amazing and answers every time u need!

Cons

Could be more symbols to use but thatbis so small thing to fix by just taking them from online

TK

Terje K.

E-Learning, self-employed

Webnode is super user-friendly

My main aim is to make info/content available to my customers. At least one client has said, 'It looks like you have got some professionals to arrange it for you':)

Pros

The text editor follows the logic of common sense, which is really great.

Cons

I have sometimes missed a few features I am used to when working with Microsoft Word text editor.

RF

Rafael F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Best web site creator

non

Pros

easy and friendly use , top design and price

Cons

more configuracions , in the site and portuguese suport