Govenda Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.1/10

See full reviews by rating

Our Board Liaison is able to set up, configure, and administrate BBi without assistance from internal IT support. This is an AMAZING testament to BBi's ease of use and excellent product design.
The ease of implementation and use combined with the cost effective solution offered, I would recommend this to any non-profit.
Loading documents from my desktop and folders is very easy and I am so grateful for this. If you can speak with a customer service representative, I have found them to be extremely helpful.
For some reason, some emails generated in BoardBookit end up in some users' spam folders, which creates a necessity for alert/reminder redundancy that is annoying/inefficient.
I do miss the actual "Book" that Board Vantage provides where all of the meeting materials are compressed into a digital book for viewing by users.

TM

Tree M.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Review of BoardBookit

We work within the Indigenous Communities and have our board members from Northern California to Alaska. It is very easy to keep in contact with all of them. It's nice to easily drop something in with immediate access if I missed something. Overall, this software makes life so much easier and helps me be the hero in the end. Always a successful meeting thanks to BoardBookit.

Pros

It is easy to manage and very user friendly. It did not take long for me learn how to navigate. Love it as it makes my job so much easier!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is putting in a link. I can't just add it, I have to put it in word and then attach it.

Hi Tree! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. We are happy that you are having such a good experience with our portal. The ability to embed URL's into BoardBookit is on our roadmap, expect to see it in the future! Please reach out to BoardBookit Support with any assistance needed. Thanks again!

BH

Becky H.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

A life saver

Our experience has been positive overall. BoardBookit support has been very good. Although it takes a little time to get used to the system, you can become functional on it without a huge effort.

Pros

It’s been relatively easy to implement. We have never used a tool like this and our board consists of varying ages and abilities. Nearly everyone is up and running with it, and it already saves time and aggravation in accessing and sharing information, conducting votes, etc.

Cons

Doesn’t allow a multi-day meeting. Our board meetings run from Friday evening through noon Sunday and we have to set up three separate meetings to accommodate this.

Hi Becky, Thank you for your honest review! We are so happy to hear that BoardBookit was easy to implement for your board with diverse ages and saving you time. BoardBookit is always taking the honest feedback of our customers seriously when enhancing our platform, so we will forward your concerns about multi-day meetings to our engineering team. Thanks again!

JS

Justin S.

Collision of Effectiveness and Efficiency

Pros

The ability to streamline our board communications, meeting materials and scheduling is amazing. With the platform being accessible via web browser on any computer and via app for most mobile devices, implementation has been quick and seamless. The setup was smooth and ease of use has been great for our board of directors.

Cons

The only limitation we've found thus far is the lack of integrated video. Having to use another tool to host our virtual meetings adds a layer of complexity, but we're hopeful that BoardBookIt will soon release a video solution for an even better experience.

JJ

Jean J.

Banking, 51-200 employees

They actually listen!

Recommendations for various enhancements to Boardbookit's functionality were submitted. Within a very short period of time Boadbookit's team reached out to us to clarify our concerns and then took steps to implement changes to enhance the user experience. They are always friendly, professional, and attentive to improving the software.

Pros

The ease of use of this software over the prior board book software used by our company has made my life easier when it comes to the monthly compilation of our Board books. Also the pricing is much more in line with the level of our needs and usage.

Cons

We didn't like the way the book's agenda would always bounce back to the top as you add items requiring you to constantly scroll back down to where you left off.

Hi Jean, Thank you for the wonderful review! We're happy that BoardBookit has enhanced the way to compile board books for your monthly meetings! As always, we will forward your concerns about the agenda scrolling to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

DA

Deborah A.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

BoardBookit has made our board so much more efficient and support is phenomenal!

BoardBookit saved us time and made the jobs of the admins who manage the board easier. It also helped us to get more benefit from our board members because they were happier and well-prepared. Also, for a while, we really wanted phone apps to accompany the iPad and Android apps. But those have been released now.

Pros

After four years of using BoardBookit, I could list a ton of pros. First, we were able to make the switch quickly and with little issue. Learning to use the portal for both our admins and board members was simple and the BoardBookit team walked us through any questions or concerns we had about moving our current process into the portal. BoardBookit has allowed us to manage our meeting materials with such ease and it has cut down significantly on the time we used to spend on meeting prep. It's also really helped our board members because they have access to reference materials that they previously had to request from us.

FG

Faye G.

No Hassle Set-up

It has been great for our quarterly Board Meetings. I can go in and pull data from past reports. Duplication is easy, I don't have to re-create the report set-up for the next meeting, its already there for me to edit for upcoming meetings.

Pros

I love BoardBookit because it eliminates the hassle of having to set up a meeting packet. its very easy to fill-in and download, then distribute. Its also very easy to edit and delete information.

Cons

I really don't have any. the first time I used it, I was never confused with the steps or how to maneuver through the various sections.

Hi Faye! Thank you so much for the kind words about BoardBookit. We love to hear that our portal has given you ease when creating board meetings. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks again!

MT

Mary T.

Used other for 2+ years

Went looking for a good board portal and found it in BoardBookIt

We are extremely satisfied with BoardBookIt, both the software itself and the support we've received, which is spot on in terms of timeliness and courtesy.

Pros

It may be an over-used term, but BoardBookIt is super user-friendly, both for administrators and users. I appreciate that the developers continue to add features to make it more robust, such a e-signature.

Cons

Board members complain that they get logged out during board meetings. Our meetings last several hours, so that may be part of it, but it is frustrating when they try to keep their screen up and it goes dark due to lack of activity.

JH

Jessica H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Good, funtional option for organizations

It is a good fit for our organization and our board members like have easy access to different documents such as monthly financials and budgets without having to email someone every month.

Pros

Easy and functional software to use for multiple meetings and users. You can pull the agendas forward and not need to recreate new agendas every month. The ability to contact users within the portal is nice - reminders are a great feature.

Cons

Privacy within users and meetings could be better. There needs to be a level between administrator and user. Need to have the ability to save documents you use in meetings every month within the system so you don't have to upload each time.

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you're loving BoardBookit's functionality and agenda creation! We'll pass along your suggestions to our engineering team for future updates. Also, our Customer Success team is always available to walk you through some great BoardBookit tips!

DA

Demetra A.

Useful Software for Boards

Pros

Ease of use, value, central area to share information that can also be downloaded as a PDF or viewed directly from the agenda.

Cons

Inability to load more than one file per agenda item. Inability to select separate group/committee among a single meeting for material access. (ex. Executive session in a board meeting - cannot remote staff from viewing those materials and rather have to set it up as a separate meeting)

Hi Demetra, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that you've found our platform easy to use and sharing information is a breeze. Also, BoardBookit does allow you to separate out the sections of a board meeting by group. Feel free to contact our Customer Success Team- we'd love to walk you through that functionality!

The Little Engine That Could

I used Capterra when comparing board portals. Many were simply too pricey for our small NPO. However, I needed to find something to streamline communication and archiving data for our board. After multiple webinars and lack of transparency of many platforms, I was refreshed to reach a real person with straightforward answers to my questions about pricing and features.

Pros

I am most impressed by the availability of apps for multiple platforms. Each of them offer the same ease of use and continuity.

Cons

I wish that items already uploaded to the platform could be copied and moved into additional folders and/or to the ”Board Books.”

Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! We're happy you enjoy our full featured mobile apps for Apple and Android! It's one of our goals to give board members access to their materials with the tap of a finger. We'll also pass along your suggestions regarding copied information to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

DC

Doug C.

Banking, 11-50 employees

One of my best decisions!

The overall experience is, I don’t know what I’d do without it!

Pros

A board portal was one of my top priorities when I started my job two years ago. I shopped other providers and selecting BoardBookit was the best decision I could have made. The ease of use and time savings were better than I expected. I use it for archiving old board minutes which saves a bunch of time in doing research. In addition, I love tracking the use of the portal under user activity, it makes everyone accountable!

Cons

The only thing I wish it could do is upload a video file.

JA

James A.

An Excellent Product

Excellent. I love it.

Pros

Very easy to administer and easily used by board members.

Cons

It’s a little ridged. This could be used for lots of other purposes, but the titles and labeling it strictly for boards. You have to explain what it is if you use your it for other purposes.

TS

Tara S.

A recommendation

Pros

I like the ease of using the product. Nicely organized.

Cons

The way that the PDF version of the agenda looks. I wish it could be customized.

Hi Tara! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is great that you find our product easy to use and nicely organized! I will be sure to mention customized PDF versions of agendas to our team. Thanks again!

AG

Amy G.

Philanthropy, 1-10 employees

Makes Board Meeting Prep so much easier

We have a number of board members who travel and BoardBookit makes it easier for them to access meeting information wherever they are without having to take a binder with them. I just wish we had more board members who were frequent users. At the moment, I still have 75% of my board still requesting hard copies of board materials and it makes double work for me.

Pros

BoardBookit is so user friendly and intuitive. So many features are automatic- I barely have to think, just click.

Cons

Nothing. I just wish I had more members using it.

Hi Amy, Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that BoardBookit has made it easier for your board members on the go to have access to their materials anywhere and on any device. If you would like to set up a training for those board members who are still struggling with going completely paperless, please contact our Customer Success Team. We'd love to walk them through our benefits and features to help them transition. Thanks again!

TG

Tika G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Ease of navigating

As a foundation we made a committee to become environmentally friendly by using less paper and this product has eliminated us from printing over 300 pages per quarter.

Pros

I really like the ease of navigating documents and how easy it is learn on your own by just playing around with the product. We use this 4 times a year for our board and committee meetings and everyone seems to be able to navigate without training.

Cons

I have not encounter any cons with the software but I am still learning.

Hello Tika! Thank you for your BoardBookit review. It is awesome to hear that our portal is easy to use for you and your board. We are so glad you have saved 300 pages of paper per quarter from using BoardBookit. Thanks again!

RO

Rosemary O.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Board BookIT makes it much easier to manage Board administration

Pros

Compared to some other Board administration Software i have used in the past, Board BookIT has more features that aids in managing Board activities in any given period. Particularly I like the reminders it sends out to Board members prior to any meeting, the ease in extracting attendance of members for audit purposes and the fact that Minutes can be taken right there on the Software. Although we are yet to try this but the fact that it has the feature is great. Also documents can be signed electronically on the software. Overall it is an amazing Software and I absolutely enjoy using it.

Cons

I struggled a bit while initially navigating the software. Played around it a while longer and got a hang of it. I believe the software could use an improvement on the ease of navigation.

Rosemary, Thanks for your kind review! I'm glad you've had a positive experience with us and that you're enjoying the many features BoardBookit has to offer. If you ever have questions on navigating through the board portal, or simply want a refresher training course, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team! Thanks again.

MB

Mary B.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Board Reports

One of your best features is customer support. I have always received a quick and thorough response when needed.

Pros

User Friendly & Able to Customize as needed

Cons

Creating the board books has been a challenge as I am still learning all the features available. Of course, one can never know how a system will work until implemented. I would make some changes to better utilize the way we create and execute our board reports, but I am able to make it work and the trustees seem to like it.

KW

Kim W.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Easy for Users and Cost Effective

Solved our need to securely share documents with external users (board and committee members) and allow them to take their own notes on the files.

Pros

Ease of use. Organization of meetings. Ease to rollout and excellent support (speak directly with help!)

Cons

Should integrate with external meeting systems like Microsoft Teams. Calendar aspect needs improvement, since our members prefer outlook invitations.

CG

Carla G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great for board document filing

Great using a software that is secure.

Pros

This software has all our documents in one place and can be viewed by multiple devices.

Cons

Haven't found the version option on it. Doesn't have a group option for comments.

Hi Carla! Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit. We are extremely pleased that you enjoy the security and unity of our portal. If you need assistance on being able to have shared comments on documents in an agenda, please reach out to BoardBookit Support and they will assist you directly. Our Discussion feature will work well for that. Thanks again!

CH

Cathy H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Board Book-It Review

Now that I am familiar with the software and have been using it for 2+ years, it is much less intimidating and I would recommend it, provided the user has training.

Pros

Meeting information is easily changeable and you can upload documents very easily. Once you know what you're doing it's much more user friendly.

Cons

To the new user going into the software for the first time, it is very confusing, especially if you don't use it that often.

ME

Mariann E.

Libraries, 201-500 employees

makes doing board work easy

to date it has been wonderful. service is exceptional and my board members love it

Pros

I love the ease of use and functionality of board book it. I can access it from anywhere including my phone. It has made communication between board committees and members a lot easier

Cons

I wish there was a place where minutes could be listed without being associated with a meeting. It causes a bit of confusion for my board members

Hi Mariann, Thank you for your honest review of BoardBookit! We're so happy to hear that you love accessing your board materials anytime on any device. It's also awesome that BoardBookit has enhanced communication between board members. We'll be sure to pass along your suggestion regarding meeting minutes to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

CB

Cari B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple to use

Good experience. I only use it quarterly.

Pros

You can house all your documents in once place for board members

Cons

Could have more features to make things easier.

Hi Cari! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is great that you enjoy our documents feature! Also, we are always open to new feature requests. If you have some in mind that would make your BoardBookit experience easier, please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks again!

CV

Colton V.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

A Great Investment!

We've had an overall great experience with BoardBookit. Crystal, our customer service specialist, took the time to train us and customize our portal to fit the individual needs of our organization. Since then, the team at BoardBookit has been extremely responsive to all of our concerns. This is a well-developed program with a great customer service team to back it up!

Pros

The dashboard is incredibly user-friendly and everything is organized in a sensible way that creates better ease-of-use for both administrators and users.

Cons

So far I am happy with everything this program has to offer.

Hi Colton, Thank you for your wonderful review of BoardBookit! It's great to hear that your onboarding and implementation experience was easy for both user and administrators!

ML

Mark L.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Review of Govenda

Pros

This was the first board management software that the NPA had used so the primary benefit was over not having had any functionality before and manually producing board books.

Cons

I dont believe that Govenda is the smoothest, most intuitive board platform I have used but it is a step up for this company as it is the first use of such a platform.

Hi Mark, thank you for taking the time to review Govenda. We are happy you selected our portal to help manage your board. We strive to offer a seamless, user friendly experience for all our users and would love the opportunity to make your experience easier please reach out to our Support team by clicking the "?" in the top right corner of your Admin portal. Thank you again for your review!

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great resource for smaller non-profits and boards!

We needed a place where board members could go, sort of "one stop shopping" to retrieve board meeting materials, documents, minutes, financial statements, by-laws, etc. that was easy to update and access. BoardBookit easily met this requirement!

Pros

BoardBookit is really easy to use and not threatening to board members who are not as tech savvy! It has many features but is not overwhelming!

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like about this software!

Thank you for your positive review of BoardBookit! It's great to hear that we're helping your board stay organized with one central place to house all of your board materials! It's also nice to hear that our robust features are easy to use, even for some of the most tech adverse boards! Thanks again!