All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Govenda

Board management & online portal for boards of directors

Govenda Reviews

Michael O.

Carolyn T.

Read the full review
The BoardBookit system has provided a great way to organize and preserve important documents from our meetings. It is user friendly and very efficient.

Read the full review

Cons

The only limitation we've found thus far is the lack of integrated video.

Justin S.

Read the full review
For some reason, some emails generated in BoardBookit end up in some users' spam folders, which creates a necessity for alert/reminder redundancy that is annoying/inefficient.

Craig W.

Read the full review
I don't like how our multi-day events show as separate entries on the app. It's confusing to our users as well.

Jodi H.

Organize Board Communications & Power-Up Board Meetings

Fabulous company; you can always get someone on the phone and speak directly to a product manager who can resolve your issues. They are responsive, friendly, professional, and quick.

Pros

Boardbookit has really helped me to centralize my board communication, our documents (financial statements, board packets, reports), attendance taking, poll taking, and more. You are able to easily assign user permissions, organize users into committees, assemble multiple documents into a printable PDF, and more. I especially like that you can deactivate users without deleting them—ideal if your organization has board members that rotate-off when termed-out, but return the subsequent year. The mobile app on iOS is fantastic; even better than the website itself. Our board is always ready and prepared when they come to meetings, thanks to BoardBookit!

Cons

I've encountered a few bugs, but every time I write to Boardbookit about them, they correct them or find me a workaround. I don't have any complaints about the software at all.

Feature-Rich, Best in Class

Excellent, absolutely excellent. The sales process was terrific, onboarding was phenomenal, ongoing training and support are top-notch, and feature development is continuous. The BoardBookit portal itself is exactly what our Board members and the Board liaison needed, easy to use and feature-rich. The price point is also excellent for our organization, with BoardBookit, onboarding, support, and training included in the annual subscription price. Excellent tool, excellent company.

Pros

BoardBookit has top-notch, US-based support 24x7 for admin users and Board Member/end users. All support calls by our organization have been handled excellently. Training sessions are provided by BBi professionals directly to end users, anytime, anywhere. BoardBookit is a women-owned, women-led company whose sole focus is on meeting the needs of Board managers and Board members. The BBi end-user interface is accessible via computer, tablet, or mobile device; our Board members find it easy to access and intuitive to use. Our Board Liaison is able to set up, configure, and administrate BBi without assistance from internal IT support. This is an AMAZING testament to BBi's ease of use and excellent product design.

Cons

BoardBookit is always adding and developing features and functionality, their product road map is full of great enhancements. The reporting and survey features are relatively new to BoardBookit, which we are happy to have available. Both surveys and reporting deserve more robust functionality, which I believe is already on the BBi road map.

Fine - don't have anything to compare to because this is the first time I am part of a Board.

Pros

A common place to store all board documents

Cons

Not sure, this is the first type of board software I have used.

Kathy, Thank you for leaving us a review! I'm glad you've been able to use the board portal for document storage and sharing. If you have any questions about how you could improve your use of the portal, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! We want to make sure that you are having a great experience with BoardBookit. Thanks again!

Working well for a 12-member board

Pros

Keeps everything in one place, securely. I particularly like that, e.g. access to committee meeting agendas or related documents are automatically restricted to committee members. BoardBookit has good functions for managing meeting agendas, and new ones like votes, polls, and tasks have been added since we started using the product.

Cons

There are two functions I would like to see added or adjusted. One is that there is no way to post a link individually or in a group, e.g. to share relevant articles with board members, or to link to a shared Google doc or drive. Links must be added to a document and then posted. The second is that for ease of management, ability to write notes on, etc., all uploaded/posted documents including Excel files are converted to pdf format. But sometimes I want to securely share other types of files with the board, e.g. financials in a spreadsheet to be manipulated by other committee or board members.

HI! Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoy the agenda, votes, polls, and task functionality! The ability to embed URL's into BoardBookit is on our roadmap, expect to see it in the future. I will be sure to pass your other request on to our team. Thanks again!

Game Changer

We had looked at different options - password protected portal on website (too cumbersome to keep updated); Google docs (cumbersome, and not easy to manage); Boardable - cost/features were limited

Pros

Given the remote nature of my board members, this tool has proved indispensable! They receive alerts, notices, access to all documents and meeting schedules from any device. Storage of historical documents has saved me so much time in not having to respond to one-off requests. Easy to use/learn.

Cons

I would like to be able to have tracking in emails sent/opened; ability to edit offline votes; tasks are cumbersome to enter/manage; esignatures are very limiting -ie: I need one approval, and could be any one of three signers, but requiring all three to sign is cumbersome.

Excellent value for the price

This has been an excellent way to streamline our governance operations and keep sensitive documents secure.

Pros

This software does an excellent job at providing a high amount of functionality with an intuitive interface, on both the user-facing end and on the admin-facing end. This is very important because many of our users are late adopters to technology. The designers of the software clearly had a keen understanding of their audience and what their needs are. This software meets our basic needs and at a fair price.

Cons

The software's functionality is, in many ways, "silo-ed." So, for instance, if you upload a document to one area of the board portal, you also have to upload it to every other place you'd like for it to appear. In other words, you can't effectively link to or refer to information stored on different parts of the portal. Also, we have two affiliate companies under an umbrella company -- there's no real way on the portal to delineate this on the portal; it is primarily set up for one sole organization.

Hi Desiree! Thank you so much for taking the time to review BoardBookit. Thank you for the wonderful compliment to our user experience and developers regarding the intuitive interface. I will definitely pass that along. I will also pass along your feedback regarding the silo-ed feel of the portal. Thanks again!

My worklife is soooo much easier!

The best experience -- right from the beginning -- is the support. If we can't figure it out on email, someone calls and we set up an appointment to get it right. Everyone has been friendly from the very beginning.

Pros

1) "Cloning" meetings and agendas 2) Emailing right from the site to our Board members 3) All of our Board members took to the site at the first meeting 4) Presentations are done right from Bookit now instead of working back and forth with Powerpoint and printed materials; we just project Bookit to the screen 5) No more dealing with Adobe; which is not always user friendly with Excel documents

Cons

1) Agenda formatting; but we have a workaround; I wish there was a way to reduce/increase font size, margins, and the ability to put spacing inbetween agenda items.

Hi Jacki! Thank you for the BoardBookit review. We absolutely love to hear that our Support Team has been able to provide you such good service. It is also great to know that you are enjoying the portal functionality, I will be sure to pass on your agenda formatting suggestions to our team. Thanks again!

Easy to Learn and Use

We don't have paid staff to help administer board activities to managing board activities would be very burdensome to board members to handle such work. Our board is all volunteers to it's important we make it easy for them. And Board Bookit helps us to achieve that goal.

Pros

Non-profit boards often have members who are reluctant to let go of the old ways - namely paper. The greatest thing about BoardBookit is that it's so, so easy to learn and use. Our less digitally-savvy board members picked it up so quickly and, initially reluctant, now love it. The 24/7 customer care is also great.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of anything. Every new release brings new useful features, so if pressed to come up with some negatives, I suppose bringing out new features faster.

Hi Greg, Thank you for your positive review! It's great to hear that BoardBookit made it easier for your board to adopt paperless board meetings and are loving it! We're always working hard to get our newest feature updates out faster, so stay tuned! Thanks again!

New user

Consistently locating votes for various committees which removes the clutter in our emails.

Pros

The ability to create and record votes was the primary driver behind our decision to purchase this software.

Cons

The two biggest cons are the inability to clone votes and the voting output. We are having to create votes that always have the same 4 voting options. We are also using a screen swipe for the final votes. When using the print options the only option for the vote is to have the word "Yes" in the column for the vote. So, when you setup the votes with options such as "No, Decline, Deny"etc the output shows as "Yes." This has confused some of our voters resulting in a necessary explanation that it means "Yes, I voted for 'No'" The screen swipe uses simple checkmarks in the same columns which is far less confusing.

Collision of Effectiveness and Efficiency

The ease of implementation and use combined with the cost effective solution offered, I would recommend this to any non-profit.

Pros

The ability to streamline our board communications, meeting materials and scheduling is amazing. With the platform being accessible via web browser on any computer and via app for most mobile devices, implementation has been quick and seamless. The setup was smooth and ease of use has been great for our board of directors.

Cons

The only limitation we've found thus far is the lack of integrated video. Having to use another tool to host our virtual meetings adds a layer of complexity, but we're hopeful that BoardBookIt will soon release a video solution for an even better experience.

I appreciate BB, but would appreciate a BB Lite for a smaller organization

Sometimes BB is easy and I very much appreciate that BB has helped me reduce paper. Sometimes it’s frustrating with too many options and with the use words that are not intuitive to me. Perhaps a menu of steps with links for the appropriate need of each user would be helpful. I do not always find the user’s manual helpful at all. If I’m stuck, I’m usually stuck because BB and I have different understanding of the words being used in the program so I don’t find my answer anyway. When

Pros

I appreciate the fact that all pertinent Board documents can be on just one piece of software. This helps me to deliver and maintain information for my board members, both existing members and new members, and to tell them that all of the financials, minutes, bylaws, etc. are in one place. Loading documents from my desktop and folders is very easy and I am so grateful for this. If you can speak with a customer service representative, I have found them to be extremely helpful.

Cons

I have the hardest time publishing the board packet. I slide the button to publish and I think I have emailed the link to my board members to access the packet. Not! I start getting calls the next day from board members asking where the packet is. Since I only publish once a month I forget how to do it from month to month. I understand this may be my limitation and not Board Bookit’s fault. However,...

Life can be easier!

Preparing Board Book become easy! Making an Announcement to all the members are quick! Voting, sending ballot, annotation, etc. were extraordinary!

Pros

Save your time and energy! Very easy to prepare an Agenda for the board meeting, even if it changes in very last minutes. Easy to manage multiple Board Meeting too. Boardbookit is the only Portal System that give you all the benefit of Board Portal System with affordable price. It is really a blessing for us as a non-profit company. Thank you Boardbookit! Keep do it!

Cons

When preparing meeting agenda our custom is to leveling the items with Romans capital first, then Capital Alphabet then numbers for example: I. Minutes 1. 2. II. Report 1. ......... I wonder if I can customize it. thanks

Hi Pramastuti! Thank you for the wonderful review. It is great to hear that you find our portal easy to use and that it saves your time and energy. Someone from BoardBookit will be reaching out to you very shortly to address how you are able to change the numbering of your agenda. Thanks again!

Review of BoardBookIt

We wanted to improve access to information for our Board and Staff. BoardBookit helped us accomplish this.

Pros

It has become a great archive of information for our Board and Staff. The product is easy to use, both from the administrator and client standpoints. BoardBookit presents information in an easy to access manner. Board Members who attend meetings by phone now have an easy way to see the same information being discussed in the meeting location.

Cons

As a public agency, all of our information is subject to North Carolina Public Information Law. BoardBookIt does not offer a feature where members of the general public can easily access the information we present in board and committee meetings. We been forced to duplicate our work in BoardBookIt to place the same information on our corporate website.

Hi Michael, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that we have improved access to information for your board and staff members. We'll also pass along your comments to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

A robust, yet simple to use board platform

I serve a 40-member board of trustees who are geographically diverse and have varying degrees of technical skills. Some are still using flip phones. I purposely selected this platform because it has the simplest user interface and is fairly easy to navigate even for the most dedicated Luddite. Prior to introducing Board BookIt, our board had no online platform and all communication was done via telephone or email. Board BookIt has streamlined a number of processes and has empowered our board to be more effective trustees.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Once one agenda has been built in the system, there is the ability to import that agenda into a future meeting to utilize as a template. This is a great time-saver. I like the ability to import previous minutes into an agenda. I like that it tallies RSVPs and attendance for me. The survey, vote, and e-signature features have been a great asset for my 40-trustee, geographically-diverse board of trustees.

Cons

The Minutes interface is problematic and difficult to navigate. There is embedded formatting that is terribly uncooperative. I have found it is easier to type my minutes into Word and then copy and paste into the minutes template.

BoardBookit Review

So far, it's mostly good. We are all still learning the ins and outs of it, but as an administrator, I think it is good.

Pros

I like that as an administrator I have the option to sign in as just a user so I can see what they see. I also like that I can create different roles for committee members based on their function within the committee. I also like that it restricts users from creating multiple accounts by using different email addresses. They have to create their log-in information using the email address we have and then they can change it. As a large trade association with over 33,000 members, this makes it easier to keep track of usage.

Cons

I think it is a little confusing for members based on if they use a mobile device or laptop/computer to log-in. The way things look in the app are different than they way the appear on a computer. Also, I don't like that the initial email inviting members to join may sometimes go to the junk folder.

Hi Debbie, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's great to hear that you're loving the ability to view the platform as a member and the ability to better keep track of board members! Feel free to contact our customer success team if you have any questions regarding your implementation or how to keep emails from moving to the junk folder! Thanks again!

BoardBookit Review

My overall experience with BoardBookit has been very good. All meeting information is housed in one location with easy access to current and previous meeting documents in a secure environment. Our meeting information can be accessed through apple or android devices at any time.

Pros

What I like most about BoardBookit is how easy it was to get started and implement company wide. We use this software for all of our board and committee meetings. I like the fact that you can import previous agendas rather than starting each meeting from scratch. You can add documents when they become available as opposed to waiting until all documents are received to upload. If items need to be moved on the agenda, it's as easy as dragging and dropping where needed. BoardBookit is VERY user friendly. The customer support line is very helpful.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I do not like about this software.

Hi Penny, Thank you so much for your positive review! It's wonderful to hear that you have had such a successful implementation and found BoardBookit user friendly for every member of your board! Thanks again!

Streamlined my Process & made users happy

Pros

We have been using BoardBookit shortly after it came out. Prior to using BoardBookit, we created paper agendas w/accompanying documents which were FedExed to our Board. So much paper and time is saved. The Board likes using it, I like using it. I love that all the documents are now automatically archived and easy to find. We can fine tune the agenda until the last minute since we don't have to mail it anymore. I also like that the company is continually improving the product and customer service, which we rarely need because it is so easy to use, is always available.

Cons

In the beginning there were some hitches, better now.

Hi Anna, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's amazing to hear how much time and paper you're saving with BoardBookit! We're also happy to know that you're loving our secure document archive and our integrated features for last minutes changes. Thanks again!

Recommended Highly

See answers above. All in all a very positive experience and a very helpful too.

Pros

Board Bookit is a powerful tool for managing and supporting non profit boards. It is easy to use and makes communication with Board members efficient. It has also been invaluable during the COVID-19 pandemic as we used Board Bookit during virtual committee meetings as well as our large our Annual Meeting. We particularly like that we don't have to send out packets of paper information that will only be left behind at the end of the meeting. Board members are able to peruse materials before and after meetings at their leisure.

Cons

While we can make former Board members inactive and invisible to new Boards, it would be nice to be able to archive former Board members so they don't remain in the ever growing user list that is seen by the administrator. In just a few years this list will become very large and difficult to navigate. I have shared this concern with consumer representative, but received no response.

Happy Customer

The customer service is phenomenal! Each time I have a concern or question, they respond within minutes. We like the product so much that we just signed a contract for another three years. I also love the confidentiality the portal provides.

Pros

It is a web-driven software that offers efficient and confidential communication with our board members. Once a user is established, I don't have to coach anyone on how to use the software. We love the confidentiality the software provides to our sensitive communications. It is also easy to add or delete members and set them up in different groups. If a communication needs to go to just one particular...

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I've raised two concerns with Board Book It, and they immediately addressed them so the cons don't exist anymore.

I'm New But Up-to-Speed!

BoardBookit keeps everyone connected, without a bunch of emails! Everyone knows to check their meeting for uploaded documents and doesn't have to worry about meetings they are not a part of. You can limit the number of Notifications and Reminders sent. You are able to forward load the system and only publish the upcoming months meetings; again, relieving the members of multiple notices for dates they may forget about. I am more hands on and "control" the program tighter than my predecessor.

Pros

Learning curve is minimal for tech savvy and moderately savvy individuals.

Cons

Not being able to make adjustments and continue in the same location/document. Edit the Agenda and it takes you out of the Meeting document.

Hello EJ! Thank you for your BoardBookit review. We are thrilled that you've found our platform easy to learn. Your Customer Success Specialist will be reaching out to understand your feedback about editing the agenda so we can pass that on to our development team. Thank you!

Use BoardBookit for Brown-act compliant board meetings at charter school

Pros

BoardBookit has allowed our school to run more organized and efficient board meetings. We are able to put items on the agenda during the month. The software organizes all out attachments and creates PDFs of the agenda that we can post online and at our site. It also complies the full board book. Board members can go online and annotate the board book as they prepare for the meetings. During the meetings, we can project all the documents for the public.

Cons

Four things that would make this software perfect: 1. Presentation mode needs some improvement. The idea is that the presenter can control other board member's screens. 2. Public facing portal. Right now we have no connection between our website and BoardBookit. It would be great if Boardbookit could automatically publish agendas on the website. 3. A full screen option for attachments when projected. Right now, the full screen version doesn't actually fill the whole screen making detailed financials hard to see when projected. 4. Conferencing connection / audio recording. We record our meetings and often have a dial in number. It would be great if we could record and store audio recordings in board book it.

Hi Kapil, Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that our platform has enhanced organization and made it easier to create board books! I'll be sure to pass along your suggestions regarding presentation mode, public facing options, and conference recording on to our engineering team for future updates!

Greatest Time and Resource Saver

We are a large company with multiple committees and boards. We first utilized BoardBookit for the Board of Directors of our parent company, reducing costs of photocopying, binding and distributing meeting packets. When we saw how well it works, we quickly migrated all of our board and committee materials to BoardBookit. Everyone loves it.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and adaptable.

Cons

We honestly haven't found anything to not like about BoardBookit.

Hi Sandy! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is wonderful to hear that you find our portal user-friendly and adaptable. We are so glad you were able to quickly migrate all of your materials to BoardBookit. Thanks again!

Better and less expensive Board documents solution

Basically, BoardBookit makes it easy for Board members to prepare for meetings (and review what happened at previous meetings). And it saves staff time and money. Definitely worth a try if you’re a Board member or a staff person frustrated with your current Board documentation process!

Pros

I have been a Board member of for-profit companies and not-for-profit entities. Some of them compiled all their Board materials by hand and distributed them in hard copy and/or by email. Some of them used the Diligent software. For the staff, BoardBookit is far easier to implement and use than Diligent and is more efficient and secure than the old-fashioned manual process. And it costs less! For Board members, the BoardBookit interface is far more intuitive than Diligent and because it is designed to work on phones and iPads (whereas Diligent really is made for desktops or laptop computers), BoardBookit allows me to get all the materials when and where I need them.

Cons

It would be nice to have the ability to search within the text across a folder full of documents (maybe that is possible, but I haven’t figured out how).

Thank you for your positive and honest review of BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that a diverse professional as yourself thinks so highly of the BoardBookit platform. We're happy to provide you and your board with fully functional mobile solutions so your board materials are always available! We will pass along your suggestion regarding document searches within folders to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements! Thanks again!

Board Life Made Simple

Prior to this software, people could say, I did not get that or see that. This software not only ensures it is accessible, but I can also tell if you opened it too. No more excuses.

Pros

Running a company requires a lot of legal documents, resolutions, board notes, etc. This software allows you to keep this information in one centralized place. Importantly, you can see the interaction of the individuals with the product to determine who is engaging and who is not. This allows for measurable correct action.

Cons

There is little in this software not to like, and I cannot offer a con that would make someone not buy the product. We are in economic development and have a large board. I make a video prior to each board meeting that is an executive summary of the upcoming board meeting. I like these videos to outside services to play the video. However, I would like the video to play in an embedded fashion on the site.

Hi James, Thanks for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy that your board is more organized and engaged as a results of BoardBookit! We will also forward your suggestion regarding video hosting to the engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Excellent easy To use board tool

It helped up streamline our communications and meeting management as well as increased our board accountability within the org by saving time for meeting minutes, attendance taking and reducing printing thus having a + impact on the environment

Pros

Very easy for all board members to learn and use.

Cons

Cannot click on active hyperlinks to virtual meeting invitations

Hello Michael! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. I am so happy to hear that our portal is easy. It is also really nice to know that we are able to increase your board efficiency. Please note that the ability to embed hyperlinks into the meeting details is on our roadmap, expect it in the near future. Thanks again!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.