Dokmee Reviews

Dokmee

Document management solution for businesses of all sizes

4.69/5 (65 reviews)

Pros
  • It fits perfect with the SMB, but has the strength and technology that the market requires in document management. I not only recommend Dokmee to my colleagues, but I also use it in my business.Saul U.Read the full review
  • It is a great experience and the sense of logic behind it is powerful too, makes DOKMEE a very good asset to any one using it.Walid Z.Read the full review
  • In a few words, its very easy to implement, use and escalate, the capacity of integration with our products (Kodak Alaris Portfolio) its outstanding.Aurelio V.Read the full review
Cons
  • Some of the features that we struggle with are the text search of scanned documents and in the set-up of the filing nomenclature because we were new to electronic filing.Prina S.Read the full review
  • The simple design of the application interface may lead to misleading perception of customers that this application is not enterprise solution.Moath A.Read the full review
  • It appears to be totally random, which I found that you needed to ignore the color and icons, and read the descriptions closely to access what was needed.David R.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Abdulrahim Khulaif

Accurate OCR

Reviewed 2018-10-03

We managed to scan a huge backlog of documents using Dokmee solution. It was a great achievement. Support and account manager were very responsive and supported our operations perfectly.

Pros
1. Easy to use, I did not get hard time training the archiving team on the application. 2. It's amazing how database design can accommodate the huge amount of OCR data that we have. There is no performance issues recorded 3. Simply, all scanning features are there

Cons
I with if there is a way to use regular expressions to filter out junk OCR data

Oussama Abou KHALIL

Dokmee Capture Review

Reviewed 2018-10-11

I am using the software and I recommend it to my customer.

Pros
Easy to use, light and fast on PC, flexible to change in the batch between the chosen working steps, stand alone version price.

Cons
Works only with twain or ISIS scanners, export step is not reversal, user must do the whole batch from the beginning, export a batch procedure is not available, some time we have to install same procedure on other stand alone station, network version is very expensive.

Thomas Sickles

First Time User

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-11

After getting the software running, which took a few attempts with help from support, I was able to achieve my goal of scanning and extracting data to use for indexing the scanned information.

Pros
The modular design allowing the workflow to be customized.

Cons
The workflow stages being minimized to the bottom of the page were so small and not always easy to remember these tabs existed when moving from operation to operation. Sizing them up would give more visibility to these inactive operations.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Tan Yean Fern Jessica

Dokmee DMS

Reviewed 2019-04-15

Document are easily retrieved at anytime anywhere. Especially when you are out of office, accessing internal document is just a click away. Sharing of document is easy and fast. I can share huge files to customer using Dokmee DMS, uploading to the system is also very fast.

Pros
User Friendly interface, just like browsing Windows 10, no special skill required to learn to use the Dokmee DMS.

Cons
Sharing of files can be better if it is share by folder.

Andrea Mills

A Great Tool for Seamless Collaboration

Reviewed 2019-09-16

So far, my experience using Dokmee Document Management Solution has been positive and a great business decision for the team overall.

Pros
Dokmee Document Management Solution helps the user complete collaborative tasks effortlessly with its ease of use and extensive features. This software centralizes the stored documents to a single location which makes file sharing more accessible to multiple users, even simultaneously. There are also many high quality security features, such as the ability to restrict files, card key access, battery backup, and its built-in activity recording system. All of these features create a more streamlined process for the user, which in my office, means more productivity and accuracy.

Cons
The cost is a bit high in comparison to other similar software available on the market.

Firmansyah Aspan Rozali

Sinple but complete

Reviewed 2018-10-11

It helps us to process our thousands digital document records in daily activities. With numerous amount of pages, we are able to process the document with unlimited pages. It saves our time in naming, foldering, and exporting our documents with different format.

Pros
Simple that easy to use and it has complete features to support our needs in organising digital document.

Cons
We should limit the quantity of documents to be processed to avoid error during export via our network.

Rabnawaz Khan

IFS Reveiw

Reviewed 2019-04-14

My over all experience with Dokmee Documentation Management solution is very satisfactory.

Pros
Auto capture process with indexing . Able to archive the email .Cabinet,Folders and permission are very useful in multi company structure

Cons
Integration with office is not upto date.

Amir Hamid

Scanning made easy

Reviewed 2018-10-11

Scanning is a big part of what I do everyday. Has made things easier and faster to process.

Pros
Easy to use. Very simple to set up The software UI was very intuitive

Cons
None that I can think of. Maybe introduce new models with new sizes.

Umaru Jodah

DOKMEE THE BEST SOLUTION

Reviewed 2018-10-14

Excellent

Pros
Easy and fast in deliverable and less time

Cons
Sustainability and maintenance of the system

Kareem Olusola

Smart zones

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-04-24

Was much okay, just that i have not been able to attend her conferences

Pros
Smart zones are quit accurate and would recommend A continuous development

Cons
Licensing should redesign to accommodate more users access during deployment phase. That will enable a quick backlog data enrollment.

Josh Lemmon

Best Imaging Software available

Reviewed 2016-12-22

First of all, I've been using Office Gemini's software product's for the past 8 years and have a very thorough working experience with Capture to know the software is one of the, if not the most valuable imaging products available. OG's personal experience with Document Imaging bureaus (Like my own) has led to the very meticulously conceived software (I'm close to some of the staff at OG to know this). The years of tweaks, additions, experiences, problems, and solutions has conceived a very spectacular product in my opinion. The end user gets to possess those experiences in the software which really is a beautiful thing, and hopefully not overlooked. Really - I couldn't summarize such a powerful program with such vast features and capabilities in a short review, so simply put, DV/Capture has led my organization to success. I will go on to say that it's one of the main vehicles for our firms success, and has our customers in awe if they get a chance to witness us working. I'm delighted to leave this review and hope it's appreciated, I'm also very proud of the progress over the years, and expect much more to come in the future as I should, and know.

Pros
user friendliness

Helios Mejia

Excellent solution for document management

Reviewed 2019-05-23

Save time when documents are needed, preserve documents, increase collaboration and faster processes.

Pros
It’s easy to use and easy to implement and has many usable features.

Cons
More compatibility with other platforms

Mike VanDerburggen

Dokmee streamlined our Invoice Approval process

Reviewed 2016-12-13

Before Dokmee, when an invoice arrived it had to be routed to specific managers for approval and depending on the invoice some went to multiple managers for approval. They would end up setting on the manager's desk for weeks and sometimes be overlooked. Now, with Dokmee's workflow abilities, we were able to create multiple custom workflows to route the invoices to the proper manager or managers for approval. If the manager had not approved the invoice within three days, they would receive an email reminder that they had invoices that needed approval. This has reduced the time it takes for invoice approval from weeks to just days. In addition, the ability to look invoices from previous years is much faster and efficient.

Pros
Ease of use, Workflow capabilities. They listen to customer's feedback and include customers requested features if possible

David Roffey

Dokmee Capture Enterprise moves on from Diamond VIsion

Reviewed 2014-07-28

As a Sales Engineer for Xerox Documate and Visioneer scanners, I support and use our bundled software offerings, both with end-users and our sales teams. From installation, training, and configuration/setup of workflows to suit process requirements. As such I use the products not only in lab test environments, but also in real-world scenarios. This latest offering in the Dokmee suite of products has had the user interface completely re-designed, and also had some nice upgrades on the functionality within the different modules, making them even more useable, that make this a great and relatively easy product to use. I say relatively, because as with all software we are not familiar with, it does take a little time to learn where everything is and to get the most out of it . The workflow set up compared to other similar offerings is relatively simple, allowing anyone with some basic knowledge of document capture workflows to easily configure Dokmee Capture to their requirements. Flexibility comes with being able to select which modules to include in the workflow: Scan; Index; QC Index; QC; Zonal/Barcode/OCR; Export. Once this is decided, the rest of the setup is a breeze. Each module has its own settings, and the interfaces are quite intuitive, almost guiding you through what is required to make it work for you. I particularly like the Auto-Module Progression feature. This simple yet powerful option can make even the most challenging workflows clean and seamless for the users, and also helps to train them on its use. The new UI is clean and fresh, and appears to have been modelled on the latest Microsoft Windows 8 scheme. However, the use of the colored boxes on the dashboard could have been given some more thought. It appears to be totally random, which I found that you needed to ignore the color and icons, and read the descriptions closely to access what was needed! Having related tasks/functions using the same color would make this great product even easier to use.

Justin Kolumber

Dokmee by Office Gemini: A Fantastic Fit for the SMB Market

Reviewed 2014-07-22

As a sales professional with an Office Gemini Affiliate, I can say that Dokmee is a refreshing solution that provides a familiar, easy-to-use Windows experience to DMS that requires only minimal training to begin utilizing. What I like most about the solution is its simplicity and user friendly nature. Additionally, it is important to note that Dokmee provides automatic retention enforcement ("out of the box") which allows an organization to choose to off-load content from the system when it has met its respective retention schedule. Other, more expensive solutions that I currently sell require a fairly large monetary investment each time a customer wishes to be able to perform this function. Although Dokmee is a strong system, it is not 100% perfect. I have noticed two areas where I think Dokmee could be improved. The first is that Dokmee does not offer an out-of-the-box integration with Quickbooks. From a Workflow standpoint, this would be extremely helpful to have since QB is used by a very large amount of the SMB market as their Accounting/Financial platform. Second, I would like to see a more robust integration with Outlook to enable more efficient filing of email messages into the system. Currently this is done through the Dokmee Virtual Printer but I think an integrated filing button inside of Outlook that can 'look' into Dokmee to enable rapid filing woud be extremely beneficial.

Response from Office Gemini

We do have an Outlook Add-in for Dokmee. Please go to the Control Panel > Add-ins/Utilities > Install the Outlook Add-in. You will then have a toolbar to send emails into Dokmee from Outlook. You can even do auto email filing which works much like the rules section of Outlook. For more help, please email support@officegemini.com

The QuickBooks integration is a great idea. Please email us more specific details on what you are looking for to support@officegemini.com.

Prina Spillane

Good Start!

Reviewed 2016-12-13

Dokmee is a great tool for us to begin our electronic filing journey. It is simple to use and easy to teach to our employees that are utilizing it. Some of the features that we struggle with are the text search of scanned documents and in the set-up of the filing nomenclature because we were new to electronic filing. Overall we are placed with the simplicity and efficiency of the system and look forward to building upon our current file cabinets.

Pros

Cons
Customer support and text search of scanned documents

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Walid Zlitni

The Great Archiving and Document Management System

Reviewed 2019-04-08

Pros
Easy to use, Friendly, and stability after installation and performance. The amount of option of integration is great too.

Cons
DOKMEE has options in versions that suits the needs of different customers with reasonable prices.

Vivek Rajan

Scan and Forget!

Reviewed 2018-10-26

Our client who had two large rooms full of paper records was convinced that important data in soft format is much more safe, reliable and easy to work with, plus the cloud feature is really useful for those who travels a a lot for business.

Pros
Intelligent document scanning solution from DokMee can create quality soft copies of important paper records and documents eliminating the exhaustive work of maintaining physical paper records. The digital extracted information can also be used to assist our business processes since the extracted data is readable, indexed and keywords searchable. The indexed data can be classified into sections, so that searching is made super easy and the information is available within seconds at your finger-tips instead of minutes or even hours if searching manually among a pile of paper records.

Cons
There are cheaper scanning solutions in the market even though not as thorough or exhaustive as DokMee. A basic scanning solution at a cheaper price can attract more end users.

Naseeb K

Document Scanning Made SuperEasy

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-04

Pros
Capture scanning software from DokMee is really easy to use. User needs can feed in one by one or as batches of paper documents which DokMee can scan intelligently in a jiffy and perform its magic indexing. It is easy to edit captured info like Invoice# after scanning, and most importantly the powerful search tool completely eliminates the need to search for a paper record again in our office shelves. The ability to track ROI is a cherry on top of the cake.

Cons
The interface could be slightly simplified even though it is perfect for advanced users. An inbuilt reminder could be added to remind about processing of docs for example.

Safeer MT

Going Paperless Made Super Easy

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-20

Our customer could forget searching and organizing paper documents and records once and for all. They wish they heard about this software before.

Pros
All the unorganized paper records can be easily transformed into secured digital records using Dokmee. All we need is a PC and a scanner. It is easy to assign access rights & privileges to its users. Easy indexing of documents is a cherry on top offered by Dokmee.

Cons
More features could be added compared to the competition. Even though this would mean some increase in price, people would opt for more features depending on their priorities and requirements.

Wendy Miller

Great Software

Reviewed 2016-12-14

Dokmee has greatly increased the ease of completing our client orders. We are able to store all of the necessary order documents in the same place so that they can be located quickly by our entire staff. Very pleased with the product, along with the customer service and IT support.

Pros
I can store menus, special requests, order notes all in the client folder so that my staff can access from any location

Caneisha Isaac

World Class

SIMPLY AMAZING

Pros
Dokmee Capture and DMS is the most user friendly software I have encountered. The user interface mimics the structure of most government organizations in Trinidad and Tobago. I would DEFINITELY recommend this software to any client. The cost is also HIGHLY AFFORDABLE.

Cons
Capture is pretty robust and there is very little to complain about. Processing speed of images is the only issue however that is expected with High resolution images. So there is not much to complain about.

Hartono Ho

Dokmee Review

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Pros
Simple UI and user friendly, Unlimited scan

Cons
Still several bug the software and template migration previous version need to define from begining

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Aurelio Vergara

ECM for everyone

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Pros
About a year ago i have the opportunity to meet the commercial team of Dokmee in Mexico, it was very interesting and, in my experience, the ECM Solution had solid elements to fulfill all the requirements in the organizations who are pursuing the best way to optimize, manage and control all the content and metadata related to the back office and even in some core activities.

Cons
The cloud solution should have the Workflow, no just the on premise version.

Anonymous

Document Solutions

Reviewed 2018-10-12

Data extraction.

Pros
I really like the way it reduced papers in our office, welcome to the paperless community.

Cons
Data capturing is a but hurt when your not yet get used to it. Maybe upgrade the capturing of data.